Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

fireman0174

Re: UA announces BOS-LHR

Fri Feb 19, 2021 4:22 pm

Use to be a JFK-LHR-BOS-LHR-JFK flight crew pairing.

crownvic

Re: United Fleet, Network, and Discussion Thread, Q1 2021

Fri Feb 19, 2021 5:07 pm

GmoneyCO wrote:
73G:
N7717D (future N13765) - Positioned from PAE to GYR for storage.

MAX 9:
N47512 - Scheduled to exit MCO after receiving upgrades on 20-Feb/2691. Will go to IAH before it enters service
N37513 - Scheduled to fly from GYR to MCO on 19-Feb/2712. The aircraft has already received its MAX upgrades so not sure if this is other maintenance work before it goes back into service or something else.
N27526 - Exitied SEA induction on 18-Feb/2698. Currently in IAH before it enters service.

763:
N653UA - Entered HKG on 16-Feb not on 10-Jan. ---- Typo on Fleet Site
N654UA - Entered HKG on 16-Feb not on 10-Jan. ---- Typo on Fleet Site
N655UA - Exited HKG on 19-Feb/2831 en-route to ORD
N675UA - Entered ILN on 11-Jan not 24-Sept ---- Typo on Fleet Site

Hello, you seem to be in the know. I was curious if you know what the 787-10 and 777 are doing the last few days at MCO maintenance. are these just weather diversions from IAH or can MCO expect to see more widebodies for maintenance in the future?

PlymSpotter

Fri Feb 19, 2021 5:10 pm

IADCA wrote:
MIflyer12 wrote:
PlymSpotter wrote:

Indeed - between, Aegean, Air India, Austrian, Brussels, Croatia Airlines, Egyptair, LOT, Lufthansa, SAS, Swiss, TAP and Turkish, LHR has more potential onward connections than some actual StarAlliance hubs.

One-stops via LHR aren't going to be competitive with non-stops to FRA, MUC, CPH, ZRH, IST... except at garbage fares. If UA is operating high J 763s at garbage fares and UA labor costs, it's got problems.

I'll give UA credit for trying. Going against AA/BA and DL/VS is going to be a challenge. B6 BOS-Stansted... hah hah hah.

Probably not on those cities, but as to FRA, MUC, and ZRH at least (as well as VIE) the JV doesn't care because LH Group and UA have an ATI JV. And it gives additional connections to a lot of sizeable or important cities (some even *A hubs) that don't have nonstops to BOS - GVA, OSL, ARN, BRU among them.

That said, the only way this works is premium traffic, whether local or connecting. You don't use that configuration if you're trying to turn LHR into a Y-class connector. This is an interesting attempt.

Exactly, there are numerous destinations which do not offer a non stop and likely could not support a non stop. I do not believe this is the primary motivation for the route's launch, but it could certainly help fill seats - even a small percentage is something.

It is perhaps also worth reiterating that transit pax do not pay the same taxes and charges as local pax - the substantial APD for instance is not chargeable if you transit LHR on a single ticket.
...love is just a camouflage for what resembles rage again...

CALMSP

Fri Feb 19, 2021 5:13 pm

Weatherwatcher1 wrote:
PlymSpotter wrote:
Brickell305 wrote:

Just to clarify, while there is no Star Alliance airline with a hub at LHR, there is feed to the Star Alliance carriers that serve LHR and there are several Star Alliance carriers that serve it. So someone from BOS heading to BRU, FRA, MUC, CPH, OSL, ZRH, JNB, etc. could potentially be routed via LHR once the schedules align.

Indeed - between, Aegean, Air India, Austrian, Brussels, Croatia Airlines, Egyptair, LOT, Lufthansa, SAS, Swiss, TAP and Turkish, LHR has more potential onward connections than some actual StarAlliance hubs.

While connections are possible, I highly doubt UA is launching this route thinking that they will make money off of star alliance connections via LHR. Inter alliance connections are likely going to be low yielding. UA wants connections through their Lufthansa joint venture. Maybe some miles will get burned although LHR taxes and fees make it more expensive than other airports in Europe.

UA is going after some premium demand from the route. I wonder if they picked up a contract from a business client to buy business class seats. Otherwise they are just flooding the market with business class seats to make JetBlue’s new transatlantic flights out of BOS more difficult. That could be retaliation for the EWR build up.

certainly nothing related to a customer saying we're going to buy a bunch of business class seats on a this route.

Pi7472000

Fri Feb 19, 2021 5:33 pm

This is great!! I much prefer UA service and mileage program to American!! I still think Delta and UA should team up to combat AA/JetBlue!! That would be great!

Seat1D

Fri Feb 19, 2021 5:44 pm

Pi7472000 wrote:
This is great!! I much prefer UA service and mileage program to American!! I still think Delta and UA should team up to combat AA/JetBlue!! That would be great!

They don't need to. There is nothing to combat. DL and UA in their respective NE market will be fine. Those loyal to DL will stay with DL and those loyal to UA will stay with UA. Why on earth would someone want the hassle of dealing with two separate airlines as opposed to one? Two separate terminals as opposed to one? There is nothing spectacular about the B6/AA NEA that would cause people to want to jump ship.

airbazar

Fri Feb 19, 2021 6:20 pm

Nicknuzzii wrote:

Huge hole for *A? I don’t really think so. A huge hole would be no Skyteam TATL service at all to PHL or EWR.

BOS-LHR is the second largest U.S. TATL maket and *A was the only alliance not in it. You don't think that's a huge hole? Even DL was flying BOS-LHR for years before BOS was a meaningful hub, that's how important this route is. Skyteam (DL) already flies JFK-LHR and PHL is a much smaller market than BOS.

ContinentalEWR wrote:
Also, the schedule isn't amazing. 10PM departure Eastbound, 5PM return westbound.

Uh? The schedule is fantastic. It matches BA's late departure schedule in both directions which is hugely popular with O&D passengers. It's no coincidence that's the flight they put the A35K on, even in a Pandemic.
https://flightaware.com/live/flight/BAW ... /KBOS/EGLL
BOS-LHR is only a 5.5 hour flight. If you leave much earlier than that you arrive there at the time you're getting ready for bed, but the sun is already coming up. Gross. On that late flight, BA serves dinner to J class passengers in the lounge rather than on the flight so that passengers can go right to sleep after take-off.

Pi7472000

Fri Feb 19, 2021 6:24 pm

I wonder if we could see TPA-LHR or MCO-LHR. UA has been expanding in FL and it is a much more open state for tourism then where some of their other hubs are located. Business travel will not be back for a long time, so I wonder if it would make sense to open more routes that serve tourism.

Golfmikey

Fri Feb 19, 2021 6:44 pm

Do you guys think UA will announce the April schedule before they announce furloughs next Friday?

adamblang

Fri Feb 19, 2021 7:27 pm

Pi7472000 wrote:
I wonder if we could see TPA-LHR or MCO-LHR. UA has been expanding in FL and it is a much more open state for tourism then where some of their other hubs are located. Business travel will not be back for a long time, so I wonder if it would make sense to open more routes that serve tourism.

LHR-MCO would be an interesting use of the domestic 777-200ERs.

Nicknuzzii

Fri Feb 19, 2021 7:36 pm

Golfmikey wrote:
Do you guys think UA will announce the April schedule before they announce furloughs next Friday?

UA probably not lol.

AC4500

Fri Feb 19, 2021 7:46 pm

UA probably won't release the April schedule until the last week of February or the first week of March.

Nicknuzzii

Fri Feb 19, 2021 7:57 pm

AC4500 wrote:
UA probably won't release the April schedule until the last week of February or the first week of March.

Agreed, but very annoying for those who have trips the first week in April. Supposed to get home in the morning of Easter on LIH-LAX-EWR. It will probably change to an afternoon flight though!

jbs2886

Fri Feb 19, 2021 8:38 pm

While the route makes sense for various reasons (UA's strength in LHR, NE strength, LHR slots, etc.), the fact that there is no start date and this is right after JetBlue's EWR announcement leads me to the conclusion that this is solely a response to JetBlue. IIRC JetBlue specifically identified BOS as a (the?) major origin for TATL.

RvA

Fri Feb 19, 2021 8:46 pm

stlgph wrote:
I just love this place.

People who "love aviation" come on an online forum and bitch whine moan and bitch some more when an airline starts services somewhere. Must be a hit at parties....

The arm chair network planners indeed must be a huge hit at parties, explaining how they have more insight and know better that people whose sole job it is to evaluate, analyse, plan and then again evaluate, analyse routes. I can only imagine the crowds of people gathered around them, and not cause they’re hovering around the snacks table.

Seat1D

Fri Feb 19, 2021 8:54 pm

tphuang wrote:

interesting part is that JetBlue is only planning to start service to London from 1 city this summer. .

whoa, What happened, when did this change? how many daily flights?

airportugal310

Fri Feb 19, 2021 9:17 pm

RvA wrote:
stlgph wrote:
I just love this place.

People who "love aviation" come on an online forum and bitch whine moan and bitch some more when an airline starts services somewhere. Must be a hit at parties....

The arm chair network planners indeed must be a huge hit at parties, explaining how they have more insight and know better that people whose sole job it is to evaluate, analyse, plan and then again evaluate, analyse routes. I can only imagine the crowds of people gathered around them, and not cause they’re hovering around the snacks table.

This, +1000...
“They bought their tickets, they knew what they were getting into. I say, let 'em crash.”

ual4life

Fri Feb 19, 2021 9:55 pm

With the world closed and no plans to open (even to folk who have the vaccine) this seems out of place big time. Still it’s fun to see the creative routes starting to pop up!
NNVII

NCAD95

Fri Feb 19, 2021 9:57 pm

RvA wrote:
stlgph wrote:
I just love this place.

To be fare I'm pretty sure these planners have orders from management what they can and can not do. The criteria they are given may eliminate other viable routes that might be of better use of the aircraft.

jayunited

Fri Feb 19, 2021 10:06 pm

jbs2886 wrote:
While the route makes sense for various reasons (UA's strength in LHR, NE strength, LHR slots, etc.), the fact that there is no start date and this is right after JetBlue's EWR announcement leads me to the conclusion that this is solely a response to JetBlue. IIRC JetBlue specifically identified BOS as a (the?) major origin for TATL.

Why does everything UA does in the Northeast have to be in response to JetBlue.

United has to use 50% of their LHR slots during the summer of 2021. The 80/20 rule waiver has been extended but it was replaced by a temporary 50% rule which requires all airlines operating at LHR to use at least 50% of their slots or surrender the unused slots. United is not going to surrender any LHR slots so the next logical question becomes what routes can we operate where we stand to loose the least amount of money.

United does not need to operate EWR-LHR 6x daily so why not move a slot temporarily to BOS. If UA makes money on the route good if not loosing money on the route is still better than the alternative of which would be the lost of slots. If UA can't maintain a 50% LHR summer with schedule passenger service and cargo only flights it wouldn't surprise me to see UA launch another route from another US city to LHR just to hold on to all the slots we currently have. The only out UA has is if they lower the LHR slot utilization threshold but if it remains at 50% United would need to operate at least 9 or 10 (I forget how many slots we have) nonstop flights daily into LHR during the summer of 2021.

jayunited

Fri Feb 19, 2021 10:17 pm

To hit the 50% threshold UA would need to operate 1x daily EWR, IAD, ORD, IAH, DEN, SFO, LAX, a cargo only flight, as well as BOS this would get us to 9x daily nonstop flights.

If we operate 2x daily out of EWR with 1x daily from all other hubs plus a cargo only flight and the BOS flight that would put UA at 10x daily nonstop flights.

jayunited

Fri Feb 19, 2021 10:27 pm

crownvic wrote:
Hello, you seem to be in the know. I was curious if you know what the 787-10 and 777 are doing the last few days at MCO maintenance. are these just weather diversions from IAH or can MCO expect to see more widebodies for maintenance in the future?

Those aircraft were flown out of EWR to reduce the number of RON's at EWR during the storm. UA also move multiple narrowbody RON aircraft out of EWR and sent them to various stations that wouldn't be impacted by weather.

Seat1D

Fri Feb 19, 2021 10:27 pm

jayunited wrote:
[

Its not just UA. Apparently to some, all the airlines in the USA base their decision making on what B6 does.

Nicknuzzii

Fri Feb 19, 2021 10:28 pm

jayunited wrote:
To hit the 50% threshold UA would need to operate 1x daily EWR, IAD, ORD, IAH, DEN, SFO, LAX, a cargo only flight, as well as BOS this would get us to 9x daily nonstop flights.

If we operate 2x daily out of EWR with 1x daily from all other hubs plus a cargo only flight and the BOS flight that would put UA at 10x daily nonstop flights.

5x or 6x daily, UA will need to operate at least 2x pax and 1 cargo flight or 1x pax and 2x cargo flights from EWR.

Nicknuzzii

Fri Feb 19, 2021 10:31 pm

Seat1D wrote:
jayunited wrote:
[

Its not just UA. Apparently to some, all the airlines in the USA base their decision making on what B6 does.

I’m not sure the new route is a response to B6 but it sure looks like it. B6 announces even more secondary routes from EWR yesterday and now UA does this? Hmmmm. There is also a great possibility B6 tries TATL from EWR too so UA needs to be ahead of the game this time.

jumpjets

Fri Feb 19, 2021 10:42 pm

Nicknuzzii wrote:
jayunited wrote:

5x or 6x daily, UA will need to operate at least 2x pax and 1 cargo flight or 1x pax and 2x cargo flights from EWR.

I am not sure from a Heathrow slots point of view that UA have to send any flights from EWR to LHR if they don’t want to. As long as UA use half their Heathrow slots with from a flight from anywhere ( presumably on routes for which they have a route authority) that will satisfy the rules.

nomorerjs

Fri Feb 19, 2021 10:43 pm

What’s next? Virgin / DL on ORD-LHR? Probably not unless they have corporate contracts or want to lose money!

Nicknuzzii

Fri Feb 19, 2021 10:46 pm

jumpjets wrote:
Nicknuzzii wrote:
jayunited wrote:

I am not sure from a Heathrow slots point of view that UA have to send any flights from EWR to LHR if they don’t want to. As long as UA use half their Heathrow slots with from a flight from anywhere ( presumably on routes for which they have a route authority) that will satisfy the rules.

EWR would most certainly be the best option considering where it is geographically.

CALMSP

Fri Feb 19, 2021 10:50 pm

nomorerjs wrote:
What’s next? Virgin / DL on ORD-LHR? Probably not unless they have corporate contracts or want to lose money!

They've already flown that before, so that wouldn't be a surprise or anything.

AC4500

Fri Feb 19, 2021 10:50 pm

Nicknuzzii wrote:
AC4500 wrote:

Agreed, but very annoying for those who have trips the first week in April. Supposed to get home in the morning of Easter on LIH-LAX-EWR. It will probably change to an afternoon flight though!

Yep. It seems like the other airlines have always been ahead of UA when it comes to interim schedule updates/releases during the pandemic. AS is already updated all the way to May 21. That's not to say that Alaska's schedule to May 21 won't change from now to then, but at least it's a rough outline of what they plan on flying.

I totally understand UA's perspective though. It's really hard to know what the demand will be like in the months ahead, and I guess they feel like it's better to update their schedules closer in as the demand continues to fluctuate overtime.

flybry

Fri Feb 19, 2021 10:54 pm

This is the United I love and have missed!
They’re retaliating against JetBlue’s new EWR services. If Jeff Smisek were still running United, United would have closed EWR as a hub after JetBlue’s new EWR expansion. Good on United for playing ball and getting back into the BOS-LHR market! Get it get it!

crownvic

Fri Feb 19, 2021 10:55 pm

jayunited wrote:
crownvic wrote:

Those aircraft were flown out of EWR to reduce the number of RON's at EWR during the storm. UA also move multiple narrowbody RON aircraft out of EWR and sent them to various stations that wouldn't be impacted by weather.

Thank you for the update. I was hoping we would start to see more of those here for maintenance as that is a long way to go just to store a plane temporarily, Maybe they will use them both for a one way revenue flight back to wherever they are stationed next...

LH748

Fri Feb 19, 2021 10:59 pm

Very unexpected but a smart move.
LHR is served by so many UA partners that they can offer a lot of connections from there but London as such might already be enough to get a daily 763 filled once we're done with Corona. I'd love to go on a CGN-LHR-BOS flight
306 310 318 319 320 321 333 343 388 ATR72 733 737 738 739 743 744 748 752 753 763 764 772 77W 788 CRJ7 CRJ9 E170 F100 MD11 RJ1H
AA AB AC AF AK AZ BA DE DL EW FD FR HF HG IB IR MF KU LH LT LX OD TG TK TP UA VJ VN WN W6 YP YW

jbs2886

Fri Feb 19, 2021 11:36 pm

Seat1D wrote:
jayunited wrote:
[

If you read my actual post, you will see that I did say for various reasons I think the route may make sense. Could this route have been launched anyways? Absolutely, even this year! But the timing of the announcement is very telling, particularly as the details are not planned (i.e., start date - you only see no start date when it really relies on government approval, which this does not). UA is saying you come into my territory (EWR), I'll respond.

For clarity, I do not think *EVERYTHING* UA does in the NE is a response to B6. In fact, I think not much is. But airlines, as all companies, will act to protect their territory.

Seat1D

Fri Feb 19, 2021 11:42 pm

Nicknuzzii wrote:

I’m not sure the new route is a response to B6 but it sure looks like it. B6 announces even more secondary routes from EWR yesterday and now UA does this? Hmmmm. There is also a great possibility B6 tries TATL from EWR too so UA needs to be ahead of the game this time.

what do I know but if UA was going to retaliate against B6, I would think there would be better ways to do that then a once daily BOS-LHR flight.

Seat1D

Fri Feb 19, 2021 11:58 pm

If I was a betting man, I'd say the odds are very good that when the time is right, UA will mount a very formidable attack against B6 for their very aggressive growth at EWR. BOS-LHR might just be a little glimpse of whats to come but no way Kirby of all people will simply allow B6 to grow unabated at Newark. It will be interesting to see where they hit B6.
Last edited by Seat1D on Sat Feb 20, 2021 12:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

tphuang

Sat Feb 20, 2021 12:03 am

Seat1D wrote:
If I was a betting man, I'd day the odds are very good that when the time is right, UA will mount a very formidable attack against B6 for their very aggressive growth at EWR. BOS-LHR might just be a little glimpse of whats to come but no way Kirby of all people will simply allow B6 to grow unabated at Newark. It will be interesting to see where they hit B6.

You might want to check the gate/slot situation on each of JetBlue's major focus cities.

Seat1D

Sat Feb 20, 2021 12:08 am

tphuang wrote:
Seat1D wrote:
If I was a betting man, I'd day the odds are very good that wh

en the time is right, UA will mount a very formidable attack against B6 for their very aggressive growth at EWR. BOS-LHR might just be a little glimpse of whats to come but no way Kirby of all people will simply allow B6 to grow unabated at Newark. It will be interesting to see where they hit B6.

You might want to check the gate/slot situation on each of JetBlue's major focus cities.

I don't think United is worried about that. There is always a way 'in'. You should know that of all people.

jbs2886

Sat Feb 20, 2021 12:13 am

Seat1D wrote:
tphuang wrote:
Seat1D wrote:

en the time is right, UA will mount a very formidable attack against B6 for their very aggressive growth at EWR. BOS-LHR might just be a little glimpse of whats to come but no way Kirby of all people will simply allow B6 to grow unabated at Newark. It will be interesting to see where they hit B6.

I don't think United is worried about that. There is always a way 'in'. You should know that of all people.

While I am not sure we will see a super aggressive response (I think we would have seen more in today's announcement if that were the case), the gate/slot situation isn't that dire for UA and only LGA/JFK have slots. UA can respond from EWR anyways. Otherwise you have:
(1) LAX - UA has substantially more gates and ability to add flights
(2) BOS - UA definitely at a disadvantage, but certainly not that difficult
(3) FLL - UA has a minimal presence in S. Florida, but can expand at FLL although gates are somewhat constrained, and MIA

jayunited

Sat Feb 20, 2021 12:14 am

crownvic wrote:
jayunited wrote:
crownvic wrote:

Thank you for the update. I was hoping we would start to see more of those here for maintenance as that is a long way to go just to store a plane temporarily, Maybe they will use them both for a one way revenue flight back to wherever they are stationed next...

The only stations east of the Rockies not impacted by weather this week were mainly located in Florida or the Southeast. If you are going to relocate aircraft to the southeast might as well move them all the way into Florida until the storm passes and conditions improve.

Seat1D

Sat Feb 20, 2021 12:21 am

jbs2886 wrote:
Seat1D wrote:
tphuang wrote:

While I am not sure we will see a super aggressive response (I think we would have seen more in today's announcement if that were the case), the gate/slot situation isn't that dire for UA and only LGA/JFK have slots. UA can respond from EWR anyways. Otherwise you have:
(3) FLL - UA has a minimal presence in S. Florida, but can expand at FLL although gates are somewhat constrained, and MIA

in response to (3), exactly. I think this is where UA would like to strike. Not having much of a presence in the south makes this area prime for future UA growth. It might take time but its not impossible for UA to attack at FLL.

jbs2886

Sat Feb 20, 2021 12:24 am

Seat1D wrote:
jbs2886 wrote:
Seat1D wrote:

in response to (3), exactly. I think this is where UA would like to strike. Not having much of a presence in the south makes this area prime for future UA growth. It might take time but its not impossible for UA to attack at FLL.

I'm not sure about that either - going into S. Florida is taking on Spirit, AA, WN, and to a much lesser extent, DL (with LATAM, AM, etc.). My point was more that UA isn't as limited as suggested by gates/slots at B6 focus cities. But, maybe if we have a quick rebound and airlines start making money, we will see bigger strategic moves.

jayunited

Sat Feb 20, 2021 12:28 am

Nicknuzzii wrote:
AC4500 wrote:

Don't take this the wrong way because I mean no disrespect at all, but every month for the past 5 or 6 months you post the same criticism of UA's decision to delay posting a final schedule until 30 days (give or take a few days) out. However every week in the OAG thread we see airlines that have posted their schedule 2 or 3 months out make last minuted adjustments sometimes those changes are just 2 weeks out. My question is what is the difference? If an airline releases a schedule 2 months out then 2 weeks out does an adjustment and removes your flight from the schedule isn't the end result the same thing for the passengers who were book?

I would love for UA to start releasing the schedule 60 days out but what is the point when the purchasing habits have change? Instead of people buying tickets 60, 90 or even 120 days out like they were before the pandemic now there are more people are waiting until 30, some even 20 or 10 days out before buying an airline ticket. This is why you are seeing airline have to adjust their schedule some times 2 weeks out because they realize they have to much capacity. But the end result is still the same passengers that were booked on canceled flights now have their flights rescheduled and that schedule may or may not work for them.

tphuang

Sat Feb 20, 2021 12:32 am

Seat1D wrote:
tphuang wrote:
Seat1D wrote:

I don't know what you mean by that. They have 6 gates at BOS and there just aren't gates available. DL has been able to expand at BOS due to having all of Terminal A. There are no new terminal projects like in EWR or with airlines leaving (WN) that just suddenly opens up more gate. JFK is slot constrained.

FLL is quite constrained and any expansion would face AA retaliation. B6 really isn't big anywhere else.

If UA makes a play to expand at LAX, it wouldn't be because they are attacking B6.

LGeneReese

Sat Feb 20, 2021 1:06 am

JFKalumni wrote:
ordbosewr wrote:
jayunited wrote:

N791UA's final flight of shame is now schedule to take place tomorrow February 18th as UA296 EWR-SFO. After which it is scheduled to ferry position SFO-VCV for PAINT (thank the Lord) on February 19th as UA2754.

I will try to remember to update this once the aircraft is actually in VCV because we all know an airplane go on maintenance and the routers will take the first available similar aircraft they see. Here is to hoping they leave N791UA's route as is because this aircraft for sure needs to be taken out of service for paint.

Routers may not be the problem, but weather may be. EWR weather tomorrow may not make that possible.
Given the plane is here in EWR already maybe it will skip and just fly to VCV directly from EWR.

Ship 2791 is on its way to SFO. It was inside the ballpark getting deiced

This flying machine is now in VCV... hopefully there are no other craft in as bad condition flying...
Formerly IAHCSR

Seat1D

Sat Feb 20, 2021 1:14 am

tphuang wrote:
Seat1D wrote:
tphuang wrote:

I don't know what you mean by that. They have 6 gates at BOS and there just aren't gates available. DL has been able to expand at BOS due to having all of Terminal A. There are no new terminal projects like in EWR or with airlines leaving (WN) that just suddenly opens up more gate. JFK is slot constrained.

FLL is quite constrained and any expansion would face AA retaliation. B6 really isn't big anywhere else.

If UA makes a play to expand at LAX, it wouldn't be because they are attacking B6.

Maybe there arent gates available now at BOS but whos to say that wont change?

ChrisNH38

Sat Feb 20, 2021 1:17 am

What was the general reason why UA gave up on this route last time? IIRC, it came at a time when there were fewer seats in the market than there are now.
https://my.flightradar24.com/ChrisNH

AVENSAB727

Sat Feb 20, 2021 1:18 am

LGeneReese wrote:
JFKalumni wrote:
ordbosewr wrote:

Routers may not be the problem, but weather may be. EWR weather tomorrow may not make that possible.
Given the plane is here in EWR already maybe it will skip and just fly to VCV directly from EWR.

This flying machine is now in VCV... hopefully there are no other craft in as bad condition flying...

Nope, there are still plenty that are in bad need of new paint.
Always look on the bright side of Life!

JFKalumni

Sat Feb 20, 2021 1:27 am

AVENSAB727 wrote:
LGeneReese wrote:
JFKalumni wrote:

Nope, there are still plenty that are in bad need of new paint.

Ship 127 (757 RR) is getting there.

jfk777

Sat Feb 20, 2021 2:00 am

Lots has been written about Jetblue going to London, Four A321 daily from JFK and BOS are not going to affect the three alliances like Norwegian did. The Norwegian 787-9 had seats for 338 people, the JB A321 say 150 or 160 with Mint Suites. The time to get concerned is when JB flies widebody planes if they ever do. IF London does workout for then Paris, more European cities are certainly getting added. JB could also go deeper in Latin America to EZE and GRU beyond the range of their current A321. All that terminal space at JFK could become very strategic for a big airline.

The JB story can expand in many angles, will they continue to expand or will they become too tasty for a hungry shark ? Interesting to see how this turns out.