Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

 
User avatar
mercure1
Topic Author
Posts: 5053
Joined: Sun Jul 13, 2008 5:13 am

FedEx to Cut up to 6,300 Jobs in Europe; focus on Paris hub

Wed Jan 20, 2021 4:12 pm

FedEx is planning to slash as many as 6,300 jobs in Europe to remedy the duplication of jobs resulting from the process of combining its operations with the TNT Express unit it purchased in 2016 for €4.4bn.

The group’s capacity would drop from around 40 to around 15 aircraft at Belgian Liege airport. Liege would thus become a “secondary” European hub, Roissy-Charles De Gaulle being the main one. FedEx’ dual hub network in the U.S.

FedEx said, it expects to incur charges of between US$300- $575 million through fiscal 2023 with the TNT operation.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-fede ... 9O1OY?il=0
https://www.aviation24.be/airlines/fede ... paris-cdg/


Well well. Many felt FX-TNT deal was not ideal when proposed, instead TNT being a better fit for UPS.
mercure f-wtcc
 
bennett123
Posts: 10579
Joined: Sun Aug 15, 2004 12:49 am

Re: FedEx to Cut up to 6,300 Jobs in Europe; focus on Paris hub

Wed Jan 20, 2021 4:45 pm

What aircraft does FedEx operate in Europe?.
 
User avatar
Boeing757100
Posts: 453
Joined: Wed May 06, 2020 10:09 pm

Re: FedEx to Cut up to 6,300 Jobs in Europe; focus on Paris hub

Wed Jan 20, 2021 4:50 pm

MD10s will be retired by 2023, with the -10 series leaving this year.
Boeing is bringing back the 707 tomorrow, with Shinkai as the Chief Executive Officer and FLAIRPORT as the Chief Financial Officer.
 
User avatar
UPlog
Posts: 653
Joined: Sat Jan 27, 2018 5:45 am

Re: FedEx to Cut up to 6,300 Jobs in Europe; focus on Paris hub

Wed Jan 20, 2021 4:52 pm

UPS was the better fit.

Sad part is European Commission opposed the UPS-TNT fearing it would hurt competition and that TNT might disappear under UPS, but now basically FedEx has done that for them realizing its cant continue fund losses and maintain the duplicate staff/facilities.

The TNT-UPS road freight network would have been a strong match, and UPS likely would have maintained Liege as air hub.
I fly your boxes
 
JeremyXWB
Posts: 55
Joined: Mon Jun 15, 2015 9:04 am

Re: FedEx to Cut up to 6,300 Jobs in Europe; focus on Paris hub

Wed Jan 20, 2021 4:55 pm

Will their CGN hub be affected as well?
 
Westerwaelder
Posts: 312
Joined: Fri Apr 03, 2020 12:27 pm

Re: FedEx to Cut up to 6,300 Jobs in Europe; focus on Paris hub

Wed Jan 20, 2021 5:01 pm

UPlog wrote:
UPS was the better fit.

Sad part is European Commission opposed the UPS-TNT fearing it would hurt competition and that TNT might disappear under UPS, but now basically FedEx has done that for them realizing its cant continue fund losses and maintain the duplicate staff/facilities.

The TNT-UPS road freight network would have been a strong match, and UPS likely would have maintained Liege as air hub.


The EU Commission blocked the merger because they saw it as decreasing competition, being particularly concerned about overnight delivery rates and the fact that economic benefits were not to passed on to clients but kept as profits. They did not block it because of fears TNT might disappear. Ultimately their decision was rescinded by the European Court of Justice.
 
AC4500
Posts: 260
Joined: Sat Oct 03, 2020 3:02 pm

Re: FedEx to Cut up to 6,300 Jobs in Europe; focus on Paris hub

Wed Jan 20, 2021 5:34 pm

JeremyXWB wrote:
Will their CGN hub be affected as well?

I thought UPS had a hub at CGN, not FedEx.
AS PDX-LAX: 737 MAX 9
QX LAX-PDX: E175
 
User avatar
SASViking
Posts: 469
Joined: Mon Dec 05, 2011 12:06 pm

Re: FedEx to Cut up to 6,300 Jobs in Europe; focus on Paris hub

Wed Jan 20, 2021 6:03 pm

bennett123 wrote:
What aircraft does FedEx operate in Europe?.

As far as I know, their European fleet is as follows:

757s and 767s are operated by FedEx itself.
Whilst ACMI operators operates 737-400s, 737-800s, ATR 42s and ATR 72s on behalf of FedEx.
Types flown: A319, A320, A32N, A321, A332, A333, A343, AT43, AT75, AT76, B717, B732, B735, B736, B737, B738, B752, B753, CRJ9, DC10, DH4D, DHC3, E135, E145, E175, E190, E195, F100, MD11, MD81, MD82, MD87, RJ1H
 
flyguy1
Posts: 1744
Joined: Wed Jun 23, 1999 9:45 am

Re: FedEx to Cut up to 6,300 Jobs in Europe; focus on Paris hub

Wed Jan 20, 2021 6:13 pm

I thought LGG served as a reliever of sorts for CDG, do they no longer feel the extra demand is there, and thus LGG isn't needed?
727, L1011, MD80, A300, 777-200, 737-300, 737-700, 747-400, 757-200, 737-800, A320. E190, E135, 767-200, CRJ9
 
rukundo
Posts: 282
Joined: Tue Jan 23, 2007 3:10 am

Re: FedEx to Cut up to 6,300 Jobs in Europe; focus on Paris hub

Wed Jan 20, 2021 6:29 pm

bennett123 wrote:
What aircraft does FedEx operate in Europe?.


Many, beacuse some european airlines operate flights for them.

One of our costumer (an airline) at Paris Cdg operates some flights in Europe for Fedex, mainly to Germany, Spain, Finland, Turkey, UK

At Paris Cdg:

Owned FedEx aircraft: B757s (Europe), B767s (Europe, USA), MD11s (Europe, Dubaï, USA) and B777s (Europe, USA, Asia). B767 replaced the A300s few years ago.

Operate for FedEx (sometimes with FedEx Livery), but aircraft not owned by FedEx: B737-300/400/800, ATR. Per exemple ASL Ireland ATRs are operating cargo flights between CDG and Shannon

At Paris Cdg, for departures the rush is between 11h pm and 4h am. One of busiest day is Saturday

I see also sometimes some FedEx pilots in Roissy Terminals arriving from Cologne or USA, as pilot with a FedEx aircraft, making deadhead flights to Asia to make another flight from Asia to USA as pilot with a FedEx aircraft.
Rwanda Aviation
 
toga998
Posts: 34
Joined: Mon May 25, 2020 8:09 pm

Re: FedEx to Cut up to 6,300 Jobs in Europe; focus on Paris hub

Wed Jan 20, 2021 6:50 pm

Sad day for many European in the aviation/logistics sector. Hopefully the industry can prevail for those losing their jobs affected by this change.
 
bennett123
Posts: 10579
Joined: Sun Aug 15, 2004 12:49 am

Re: FedEx to Cut up to 6,300 Jobs in Europe; focus on Paris hub

Wed Jan 20, 2021 6:51 pm

The OP says that they operate 40, which will reduce to 15.

Is that consistent with the FedEx owned fleet?.
 
User avatar
lightsaber
Moderator
Posts: 21183
Joined: Wed Jan 19, 2005 10:55 pm

Re: FedEx to Cut up to 6,300 Jobs in Europe; focus on Paris hub

Wed Jan 20, 2021 7:07 pm

My heart goes out to those losing their jobs. This pandemic is unfortunately going to reset the economy lower.

With how well cargo is doing, it shows other aspects are struggling.

toga998 wrote:
Sad day for many European in the aviation/logistics sector. Hopefully the industry can prevail for those losing their jobs affected by this change.

:cry2:

It is sad the industry has many aspects in survival mode.

Lightsaber
3 months without TV. The best decision of my life.
 
User avatar
Spacepope
Posts: 5023
Joined: Tue Dec 28, 1999 11:10 am

Re: FedEx to Cut up to 6,300 Jobs in Europe; focus on Paris hub

Wed Jan 20, 2021 7:08 pm

Boeing757100 wrote:
MD10s will be retired by 2023, with the -10 series leaving this year.


So? FedEx doesn't fly those in Europe.
The last of the famous international playboys
 
User avatar
flyPIT
Posts: 1974
Joined: Wed Jun 15, 2016 6:21 am

Re: FedEx to Cut up to 6,300 Jobs in Europe; focus on Paris hub

Wed Jan 20, 2021 7:09 pm

UPlog wrote:
The TNT-UPS road freight network would have been a strong match, and UPS likely would have maintained Liege as air hub.

There is no way UPS would have maintained both CGN and LGG as UPS air hubs. Maybe only if UPS was to maintain TNT as a separate entity in an effort to shift UPS volume on to TNT for the purpose of subverting the UPS pilots scope clause would LGG remain open... at the detriment of CGN.


Westerwaelder wrote:
The EU Commission blocked the merger because they saw it as decreasing competition, being particularly concerned about overnight delivery rates and the fact that economic benefits were not to passed on to clients but kept as profits. They did not block it because of fears TNT might disappear. Ultimately their decision was rescinded by the European Court of Justice.

But did the European courts award UPS their $2 billion claim?
FLYi
 
INFINITI329
Posts: 2563
Joined: Mon Jul 02, 2012 12:53 am

Re: FedEx to Cut up to 6,300 Jobs in Europe; focus on Paris hub

Wed Jan 20, 2021 7:56 pm

rukundo wrote:
Owned FedEx aircraft: B757s (Europe)


I wonder if these U.S. registered or EU registered. I assume they crewed by EU crews?
 
oldJoe
Posts: 401
Joined: Fri Jan 10, 2020 11:04 pm

Re: FedEx to Cut up to 6,300 Jobs in Europe; focus on Paris hub

Wed Jan 20, 2021 8:04 pm

AC4500 wrote:
JeremyXWB wrote:
Will their CGN hub be affected as well?

I thought UPS had a hub at CGN, not FedEx.


Fedex has a hub at CGN as well since 10 years.

source in German only https://newsroom.fedex.com/newsroom/zehn-jahre-fedex-express-drehkreuz-am-koeln-bonn-airport/
 
mxaxai
Posts: 2304
Joined: Sat Jun 18, 2016 7:29 am

Re: FedEx to Cut up to 6,300 Jobs in Europe; focus on Paris hub

Wed Jan 20, 2021 8:08 pm

oldJoe wrote:
AC4500 wrote:
JeremyXWB wrote:
Will their CGN hub be affected as well?

I thought UPS had a hub at CGN, not FedEx.


Fedex has a hub at CGN as well since 10 years.

source in German only https://newsroom.fedex.com/newsroom/zehn-jahre-fedex-express-drehkreuz-am-koeln-bonn-airport/

DHL too ... I guess CGN is a great place to be for cargo https://www.cargoforwarder.eu/2019/11/2 ... n-cologne/
 
tofen
Posts: 67
Joined: Sun Feb 15, 2009 8:25 am

Re: FedEx to Cut up to 6,300 Jobs in Europe; focus on Paris hub

Wed Jan 20, 2021 8:11 pm

This has to be a huge hit for ASL.

I guess there might have been some kind of 5 year clause in the contract from the TNT take over that has now lapsed. That's the only reason I can come up with for why they would take this step right now when freight is booming.

I hope ASL can find new jobs for many of the affected on the Prime Air side instead.
 
TC957
Posts: 3959
Joined: Wed May 23, 2012 1:12 pm

Re: FedEx to Cut up to 6,300 Jobs in Europe; focus on Paris hub

Wed Jan 20, 2021 8:12 pm

INFINITI329 wrote:
rukundo wrote:
Owned FedEx aircraft: B757s (Europe)


I wonder if these U.S. registered or EU registered. I assume they crewed by EU crews?

The FedEx 757F's are registered in the batch of N770FD - N799FD, N901FD - N999FD.
 
oldJoe
Posts: 401
Joined: Fri Jan 10, 2020 11:04 pm

Re: FedEx to Cut up to 6,300 Jobs in Europe; focus on Paris hub

Wed Jan 20, 2021 8:37 pm

lightsaber wrote:
My heart goes out to those losing their jobs. This pandemic is unfortunately going to reset the economy lower.

With how well cargo is doing, it shows other aspects are struggling.

toga998 wrote:
Sad day for many European in the aviation/logistics sector. Hopefully the industry can prevail for those losing their jobs affected by this change.

:cry2:

It is sad the industry has many aspects in survival mode.

Lightsaber


It`s always bad when people lose their job ! :hissyfit:
Strange for me is that DHL in 2020 has just created 10000 new jobs because of the pandemic and the DHL Center in Cologne had a record high in 2020 at an airport where Fedex and UPS have a hub.
source in German only : https://www.express.de/koeln/corona-effekt-extrem-paket-rekord--koelner-dhl-zentrum-knackt-2020-irre-marke-37923726?cb=1611172297204

Something else must be the reason for this step :roll: but not the pandemic
 
avi8
Posts: 1247
Joined: Sun Jun 26, 2011 1:36 am

Re: FedEx to Cut up to 6,300 Jobs in Europe; focus on Paris hub

Wed Jan 20, 2021 8:53 pm

How big is the CDG hub anyways? I doubt it’s anything like IND or MEM. I hope they at least grow the CDG hub to compensate.
avi8
 
rukundo
Posts: 282
Joined: Tue Jan 23, 2007 3:10 am

Re: FedEx to Cut up to 6,300 Jobs in Europe; focus on Paris hub

Wed Jan 20, 2021 8:54 pm

TC957 wrote:
INFINITI329 wrote:
rukundo wrote:
Owned FedEx aircraft: B757s (Europe)


I wonder if these U.S. registered or EU registered. I assume they crewed by EU crews?

The FedEx 757F's are registered in the batch of N770FD - N799FD, N901FD - N999FD.


In deed all B757 with the Fedex livery have US registration

B777s B767s and MD11s that we have at CDG have US registration.

About B737s or ATRs which have Fedex livery, are mainly operated by ASL, with an Irish Registration. Others aircraft have either ASL or Swifrair livery. They sometimes uses Swiftair (SWIFT), TNT (TAY) or ASL (ABR) callsign.

About the FedEx crew that i have seen in terminal. Only US pilot, but i didn't see many pilots. FedEx has its own facility at CDG. Few weeks ago, i asked to a FedEx pilot, if they are some French pilots working at FedEx. He told me yes, but not many. I don't know for others nationalities.
Rwanda Aviation
 
teva
Posts: 1781
Joined: Thu Feb 01, 2001 12:31 am

Re: FedEx to Cut up to 6,300 Jobs in Europe; focus on Paris hub

Wed Jan 20, 2021 9:28 pm

777, MD11, 757 and 767 are owned and operated by Fx
737 flying to/from CDG are usually ASL France.
the other are operated by ASL Belgium (previously TNT)
About the ATRs used in Europe, they are operated by Swiftair and ASL Ireland.
In the ASL Ireland planes, those with a registration starting with EI-FX are owned by Fedex, leased to ASL, operated by ASL on behalf of Fx.
the other ones belong directly to ASL
Ecoute les orgues, Elles jouent pour toi...C'est le requiem pour un con
 
User avatar
lightsaber
Moderator
Posts: 21183
Joined: Wed Jan 19, 2005 10:55 pm

Re: FedEx to Cut up to 6,300 Jobs in Europe; focus on Paris hub

Wed Jan 20, 2021 9:43 pm

oldJoe wrote:
lightsaber wrote:
My heart goes out to those losing their jobs. This pandemic is unfortunately going to reset the economy lower.

With how well cargo is doing, it shows other aspects are struggling.

toga998 wrote:
Sad day for many European in the aviation/logistics sector. Hopefully the industry can prevail for those losing their jobs affected by this change.

:cry2:

It is sad the industry has many aspects in survival mode.

Lightsaber


It`s always bad when people lose their job ! :hissyfit:
Strange for me is that DHL in 2020 has just created 10000 new jobs because of the pandemic and the DHL Center in Cologne had a record high in 2020 at an airport where Fedex and UPS have a hub.
source in German only : https://www.express.de/koeln/corona-effekt-extrem-paket-rekord--koelner-dhl-zentrum-knackt-2020-irre-marke-37923726?cb=1611172297204

Something else must be the reason for this step :roll: but not the pandemic

I speculate it is because FedEx went away from Amazon right before the pandemic. Fedex continued to handle traditional express which, in my opinion, should have dried up in 2020. Is this possibly due to DHL doing well in Asia?

This is a 1% reduction in global workforce for FedEx. With 43,000 at TNT, that is bad... but manageable.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/compani ... r-BB1cTpRY

I would have thought FedEx would grow. I wonder if DHL increased market share?

Lightsaber
3 months without TV. The best decision of my life.
 
User avatar
LAXintl
Posts: 25084
Joined: Wed May 24, 2000 12:12 pm

Re: FedEx to Cut up to 6,300 Jobs in Europe; focus on Paris hub

Wed Jan 20, 2021 9:49 pm

flyPIT wrote:
There is no way UPS would have maintained both CGN and LGG as UPS air hubs. Maybe only if UPS was to maintain TNT as a separate entity in an effort to shift UPS volume on to TNT for the purpose of subverting the UPS pilots scope clause would LGG remain open... at the detriment of CGN.


UPS committed to maintaining the Liege "Euro Hub" and protecting employment and further develop long term plans for the airport. The TNT operation at LGG was larger than UPS CGN ops at the time, so if anything, CGN might be one that lost flying.

INFINITI329 wrote:
I wonder if these U.S. registered or EU registered. I assume they crewed by EU crews?


In addition to contractor flying, FX has N registered planes in Europe plus a US pilot crew based at CDG
From the desert to the sea, to all of Southern California
 
Moosefire
Posts: 159
Joined: Wed Aug 15, 2018 12:47 pm

Re: FedEx to Cut up to 6,300 Jobs in Europe; focus on Paris hub

Wed Jan 20, 2021 10:03 pm

tofen wrote:
This has to be a huge hit for ASL.

I guess there might have been some kind of 5 year clause in the contract from the TNT take over that has now lapsed. That's the only reason I can come up with for why they would take this step right now when freight is booming.

I hope ASL can find new jobs for many of the affected on the Prime Air side instead.


I think you’re correct about a restriction expiring. Demand continues to be robust.
MD-11F/C-17A Pilot
 
Noshow
Posts: 2009
Joined: Wed Jun 15, 2016 3:20 pm

Re: FedEx to Cut up to 6,300 Jobs in Europe; focus on Paris hub

Wed Jan 20, 2021 10:04 pm

Cologne is the European hub for UPS. Certainly meant to stay with huge sorting infrastructure built new and some important industrial and population region next door. Fedex invested there as well however not as huge.
 
User avatar
flyPIT
Posts: 1974
Joined: Wed Jun 15, 2016 6:21 am

Re: FedEx to Cut up to 6,300 Jobs in Europe; focus on Paris hub

Wed Jan 20, 2021 10:38 pm

LAXintl wrote:

UPS committed to maintaining the Liege "Euro Hub" and protecting employment


So did FedEx.
FLYi
 
TYWoolman
Posts: 747
Joined: Sat Jun 24, 2017 8:24 pm

Re: FedEx to Cut up to 6,300 Jobs in Europe; focus on Paris hub

Thu Jan 21, 2021 8:23 am

oldJoe wrote:
lightsaber wrote:
My heart goes out to those losing their jobs. This pandemic is unfortunately going to reset the economy lower.

With how well cargo is doing, it shows other aspects are struggling.

toga998 wrote:
Sad day for many European in the aviation/logistics sector. Hopefully the industry can prevail for those losing their jobs affected by this change.

:cry2:

It is sad the industry has many aspects in survival mode.

Lightsaber


It`s always bad when people lose their job ! :hissyfit:
Strange for me is that DHL in 2020 has just created 10000 new jobs because of the pandemic and the DHL Center in Cologne had a record high in 2020 at an airport where Fedex and UPS have a hub.
source in German only : https://www.express.de/koeln/corona-effekt-extrem-paket-rekord--koelner-dhl-zentrum-knackt-2020-irre-marke-37923726?cb=1611172297204

Something else must be the reason for this step :roll: but not the pandemic


Amazon.
 
User avatar
cougar15
Posts: 1450
Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 6:10 pm

Re: FedEx to Cut up to 6,300 Jobs in Europe; focus on Paris hub

Thu Jan 21, 2021 8:40 am

LAXintl wrote:
flyPIT wrote:
There is no way UPS would have maintained both CGN and LGG as UPS air hubs. Maybe only if UPS was to maintain TNT as a separate entity in an effort to shift UPS volume on to TNT for the purpose of subverting the UPS pilots scope clause would LGG remain open... at the detriment of CGN.


UPS committed to maintaining the Liege "Euro Hub" and protecting employment and further develop long term plans for the airport. The TNT operation at LGG was larger than UPS CGN ops at the time, so if anything, CGN might be one that lost flying.

INFINITI329 wrote:
I wonder if these U.S. registered or EU registered. I assume they crewed by EU crews?


In addition to contractor flying, FX has N registered planes in Europe plus a US pilot crew based at CDG


The UPS Operation at Cologne is much larger than TNT at Liege!
some you lose, others you can´t win!
 
User avatar
cougar15
Posts: 1450
Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 6:10 pm

Re: FedEx to Cut up to 6,300 Jobs in Europe; focus on Paris hub

Thu Jan 21, 2021 8:51 am

lightsaber wrote:
oldJoe wrote:
lightsaber wrote:
My heart goes out to those losing their jobs. This pandemic is unfortunately going to reset the economy lower.

With how well cargo is doing, it shows other aspects are struggling.


:cry2:

It is sad the industry has many aspects in survival mode.

Lightsaber


It`s always bad when people lose their job ! :hissyfit:
Strange for me is that DHL in 2020 has just created 10000 new jobs because of the pandemic and the DHL Center in Cologne had a record high in 2020 at an airport where Fedex and UPS have a hub.
source in German only : https://www.express.de/koeln/corona-effekt-extrem-paket-rekord--koelner-dhl-zentrum-knackt-2020-irre-marke-37923726?cb=1611172297204

Something else must be the reason for this step :roll: but not the pandemic

I speculate it is because FedEx went away from Amazon right before the pandemic. Fedex continued to handle traditional express which, in my opinion, should have dried up in 2020. Is this possibly due to DHL doing well in Asia?

This is a 1% reduction in global workforce for FedEx. With 43,000 at TNT, that is bad... but manageable.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/compani ... r-BB1cTpRY

I would have thought FedEx would grow. I wonder if DHL increased market share?

Lightsaber



This nothing to do with the pandemic, all integrators are facing record volumes daily worldwide. .
some you lose, others you can´t win!
 
User avatar
Chasensfo
Posts: 289
Joined: Wed Jan 02, 2013 2:07 am

Re: FedEx to Cut up to 6,300 Jobs in Europe; focus on Paris hub

Thu Jan 21, 2021 9:49 am

Wow, you'd think cargo booming as it is right now, there would be nothing but expansion. I guess it makes sense as a necessary consolidation step. Very sad to see 6,000+ aviation professionals out on the street under these already horrendous times.
 
nicode
Posts: 264
Joined: Fri May 11, 2012 7:58 pm

Re: FedEx to Cut up to 6,300 Jobs in Europe; focus on Paris hub

Thu Jan 21, 2021 10:39 am

Will we see more aircrafts based in CDG as they will focus their operations there?
 
panam330
Posts: 2180
Joined: Sun Mar 14, 2004 11:58 am

Re: FedEx to Cut up to 6,300 Jobs in Europe; focus on Paris hub

Thu Jan 21, 2021 12:54 pm

LAXintl wrote:
In addition to contractor flying, FX has N registered planes in Europe plus a US pilot crew based at CDG

The only European pilot base for FX is a 757 base at CGN. Any other flying in/out of Europe is staffed from US bases (the HKG 767 pilots only fly intra-Asia).
 
B737MAX
Posts: 22
Joined: Fri Nov 09, 2018 4:11 pm

Re: FedEx to Cut up to 6,300 Jobs in Europe; focus on Paris hub

Thu Jan 21, 2021 1:28 pm

panam330 wrote:
LAXintl wrote:
In addition to contractor flying, FX has N registered planes in Europe plus a US pilot crew based at CDG

The only European pilot base for FX is a 757 base at CGN. Any other flying in/out of Europe is staffed from US bases (the HKG 767 pilots only fly intra-Asia).


And the EU closes their eyes on this particular topic, in order to "protect jobs" on the ground.

https://www.cargoforwarder.eu/2017/07/3 ... perations/

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos