Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

dcajet
Topic Author

Swiss returns to EZE

Sat Jan 23, 2021 5:55 pm

Swiss last operated pax services at EZE in 2005 but during the pandemic, it has been operating to EZE with cargo services, nonstop from ZRH with 77W equipment. From Feb 1st, LX will also carry passengers on the Buenos Aires flights, with one weekly frequency. Edelweiss flies between the two cities, however that service has been suspended since March 2020. According to the schedule loaded, Swiss will fly the route during February and March, with Edelweiss returning to the route in April with their 340s.

LX90 ZRH 21:20 EZE 07:10+1 77W 5
LX91 EZE 13:20 ZRH 06:20+1 77W 7

ZRH-EZE is the longest scheduled nonstop route for any A340 still flying out there and unless I'm mistaken, ZRH-EZE is the longest nonstop flight currently flown by Swiss.

https://www.aviacionline.com/2021/01/__trashed-60/
Keep calm and wash your hands.

DALCE

Re: Swiss returns to EZE

Sat Jan 23, 2021 6:10 pm

Swiss is very creative in new destinations being opened up for cargo only. So why not sell some tickets on top! Great to see this development!
flown: F50,F70,CR1,CR2,CR9,223,E75,E90,143,AR8,AR1,733,735,736,73G,738,7M8
753,763,744,77W,788,319,320,321,333,AB6.

dcajet
Topic Author

Sat Jan 23, 2021 6:38 pm

DALCE wrote:
Swiss is very creative in new destinations being opened up for cargo only. So why not sell some tickets on top! Great to see this development!

Good to see Swiss back at EZE; Swissair and then Swiss had been a presence at EZE for 50+ years until Mother Lufthansa pulled the plug in 2005! Argentina and Switzerland were left with no direct services until 2018, when Edelweiss started flying to EZE.

debonair

Sat Jan 23, 2021 6:50 pm

Absolut nonsens! This is not correct and true at all, the flight will be officially EDELWEISS, but operated by swiss! There will be no flight LX90!

swiss is selling the flight as codeshare

LX:SWISS INTERNATIONAL AIR LINES FOR EDELWEISS AIR Flight number: LX 8090 or

WK:WK 90 operated by SWISS International Air Lines Ltd

andrej

Sat Jan 23, 2021 6:55 pm

Interesting news. I hope this connection lasts. However, is B77W really going to spend more than 24 hours in EZE?

dcajet
Topic Author

Sat Jan 23, 2021 7:10 pm

debonair wrote:
Absolut nonsens! This is not correct and true at all, the flight will be officially EDELWEISS, but operated by swiss! There will be no flight LX90!

Hey buddy, will you shift down a gear or two please? The flight may be for Edelweiss, but operated by Swiss with a Swiss plane, a Swiss crew, etc. No reason for you to scream bloody murder. There was nothing so egregious or not factual with what was stated earlier. And bear in mind that with the way COVID is going it may be well be the case that flight may not happen at all.

Thanks.

dcajet
Topic Author

Sat Jan 23, 2021 7:11 pm

andrej wrote:
Interesting news. I hope this connection lasts. However, is B77W really going to spend more than 24 hours in EZE?

Crew rest.

Galwayman

Sun Jan 24, 2021 1:26 am

I would be really dissappointed if I booked to fly with an excellent airline like Edelweiss and ended up some cramped Swiss aircraft

debonair

Sun Jan 24, 2021 2:04 am

Galwayman wrote:
I would be really dissappointed if I booked to fly with an excellent airline like Edelweiss and ended up some cramped Swiss aircraft

True, but as already explained, LH Groups strictly point out, that this is an Edelweiss flight with "fleet synergies" within the LH Group (official PR), not a wet-lease. Like Eurowings services op. by Brussels Airlines on behalf of Lufthansa, same level of quality - yeah right! :twocents: :roll:

Economy will be thight, Business Class is equal! Well missed will be the "Premium" Economy Max Class. But, there might be a little chance, that WK might open the First Class (against surcharge) for Business Class bookings (like on flights to TLV). :thumbsup:

runway23

Sun Jan 24, 2021 5:12 am

debonair wrote:
Galwayman wrote:

True, but as already explained, LH Groups strictly point out, that this is an Edelweiss flight with "fleet synergies" within the LH Group (official PR), not a wet-lease. Like Eurowings services op. by Brussels Airlines on behalf of Lufthansa, same level of quality - yeah right! :twocents: :roll:

Economy will be thight, Business Class is equal! Well missed will be the "Premium" Economy Max Class. But, there might be a little chance, that WK might open the First Class (against surcharge) for Business Class bookings (like on flights to TLV). :thumbsup:

I'm not sure what you're going on about with LX and WK and your fleet synergies stuff - the synergies are very real. WK is wholly owned by LX the only difference is a different AOC and pilot/FA group. The rest is absolutely the same (except a premium economy for one and First for the other). WK and LX fleets have operated one for the other and vice versa for years now, especially on short-haul but also long-haul (EWR was operated by WK under LX code).

Should we all go crazy because ZRH-DXB is depending on the day of the week operated by an LX 77W, LX 333 or WK 343 with an LX flight number, or WK operating ZRH-MCT under the WK code even though it was a LX route (as a tag from DXB) ? The end result is the same: it all finishes under LX's P&L.

calstanford

Sun Jan 24, 2021 5:33 am

debonair wrote:

Oh wow. Sounds like such "absolute nonsense" to have a Swiss 777 flown with the 'for Edelweiss' bla on a ticket. I can see how this is totally not Swiss at all then...

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos