Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

 
BMcD
Topic Author
Posts: 114
Joined: Mon Dec 29, 2014 4:11 pm

United upgrading in COS

Mon Jan 25, 2021 2:14 pm

https://www.koaa.com/rebound/united-exp ... fVrpg3D_f4

Looks like COS is growing again! Nonstop to LAX and upgrading from the cramped CRJ200 to a 175. Looks like Southwest coming in is creating some new opportunities and pricing out of COS. By the way it sounded the 200 will be gone for good out of COS. If I remember, Skywest is the maintenance for United in COS as well, may be some opportunities to get photos.
 
DLASFlyer
Posts: 353
Joined: Wed Jun 15, 2016 4:06 pm

Re: United upgrading in COS

Mon Jan 25, 2021 2:47 pm

United really is proving itself as the dominant airline in Colorado. Not just in DEN.
 
maps4ltd
Posts: 963
Joined: Tue May 08, 2018 4:48 pm

Re: United upgrading in COS

Mon Jan 25, 2021 3:11 pm

Nice. I wonder if DL will upgrade the CRJ-200 that goes to SLC. Personally I don't think so, but anything could happen. (Also, ATL-COS comes back April 1).

A welcome change on UA's part. I think WN will see success but UA will retain its position as COS's dominant airline.
 
MIflyer12
Posts: 9883
Joined: Mon Feb 18, 2013 11:58 pm

Re: United upgrading in COS

Mon Jan 25, 2021 3:16 pm

maps4ltd wrote:
Nice. I wonder if DL will upgrade the CRJ-200 that goes to SLC. Personally I don't think so, but anything could happen. (Also, ATL-COS comes back April 1).


DL has announced the retirement of all CR2s by the end of 2023, so the route gets upgauged or dropped.
 
BMcD
Topic Author
Posts: 114
Joined: Mon Dec 29, 2014 4:11 pm

Re: United upgrading in COS

Mon Jan 25, 2021 3:16 pm

maps4ltd wrote:
Nice. I wonder if DL will upgrade the CRJ-200 that goes to SLC. Personally I don't think so, but anything could happen. (Also, ATL-COS comes back April 1).

A welcome change on UA's part. I think WN will see success but UA will retain its position as COS's dominant airline.


American is flying 73G's in here and Delta is flying A32x's in from ATL (last year at least). I think Delta is going to start getting worried if other carriers are upgrading service and they are still using the 200's coming in.

On a good note, COS has that entire side of gates that can be used if carriers continue to come in from the Westpac era. I know some management use the area as offices but I think they could be relocated. There are some rumblings that carriers are going to do some more expansion here as prices are going down since it is becoming cheaper and more locations it is becoming more convenient to fly from COS.
 
DLASFlyer
Posts: 353
Joined: Wed Jun 15, 2016 4:06 pm

Re: United upgrading in COS

Mon Jan 25, 2021 3:20 pm

maps4ltd wrote:
Nice. I wonder if DL will upgrade the CRJ-200 that goes to SLC. Personally I don't think so, but anything could happen. (Also, ATL-COS comes back April 1).

A welcome change on UA's part. I think WN will see success but UA will retain its position as COS's dominant airline.


Already frequently upgagued at the last minute to a CR9.
 
maps4ltd
Posts: 963
Joined: Tue May 08, 2018 4:48 pm

Re: United upgrading in COS

Mon Jan 25, 2021 3:26 pm

BMcD wrote:
maps4ltd wrote:
Nice. I wonder if DL will upgrade the CRJ-200 that goes to SLC. Personally I don't think so, but anything could happen. (Also, ATL-COS comes back April 1).

A welcome change on UA's part. I think WN will see success but UA will retain its position as COS's dominant airline.


American is flying 73G's in here.


73G's refer to 737-700s, which AA doesn't have. They do fly 737-800s (73H's) into COS from DFW, alongside A319s and CRJ-700s to DFW.
 
User avatar
Spacepope
Posts: 5410
Joined: Tue Dec 28, 1999 11:10 am

Re: United upgrading in COS

Mon Jan 25, 2021 3:31 pm

The addition of mainline aircraft between COS and DEN (up from 1 to 3x daily) and 1x daily to ORD are direct responses to WN. It's kinda like shuffling around the deck chairs with the retirement of CRJ2s, since LAX and ORD both used to be on CRJ7 metal when I flew them last.
 
BMcD
Topic Author
Posts: 114
Joined: Mon Dec 29, 2014 4:11 pm

Re: United upgrading in COS

Mon Jan 25, 2021 3:39 pm

maps4ltd wrote:
BMcD wrote:
maps4ltd wrote:
Nice. I wonder if DL will upgrade the CRJ-200 that goes to SLC. Personally I don't think so, but anything could happen. (Also, ATL-COS comes back April 1).

A welcome change on UA's part. I think WN will see success but UA will retain its position as COS's dominant airline.


American is flying 73G's in here.


73G's refer to 737-700s, which AA doesn't have. They do fly 737-800s (73H's) into COS from DFW, alongside A319s and CRJ-700s to DFW.


Thank you! Its too early out here. They are nice to see on the final in (I'm like 3 miles off the end of the primary runway). Good to see some variety come in, outside the military.
 
atrude777
Posts: 4497
Joined: Wed Aug 13, 2003 11:23 pm

Re: United upgrading in COS

Mon Jan 25, 2021 3:56 pm

While during COVID days these are all considered "upgrades/upgauages", this is still nothing compared to the good days of 2013/2014...

I worked in COS for 2 years as a SkyWest Agent ground handling United and Alaska.

We saw up to 25 Daily Flights to ORD, DEN, IAH, LAX, SFO, and IAD. Mostly CR7 with CRJ's too.

It's great to see UA return some of the flying we had before COVID, LAX and such and also add mainline too. COS is a city worth fighting for.

Now to truly see additions we need to see the return of SFO and IAD on UA again like we used to have in 2013/2014!

Maybe one day!

Alex
 
bradyj23
Posts: 113
Joined: Thu Apr 19, 2007 9:24 am

Re: United upgrading in COS

Mon Jan 25, 2021 3:57 pm

BMcD wrote:
By the way it sounded the 200 will be gone for good out of COS.


Along with the MX hangar COS is also a CRJ base for OO. Will be interesting to see if the pilot base transitions to 175's or if the base closes/downsized. Or if they can still find enough routes for the CRJ to keep it up and running.
 
ericm2031
Posts: 1470
Joined: Tue Jun 19, 2012 8:46 am

Re: United upgrading in COS

Mon Jan 25, 2021 4:16 pm

BMcD wrote:
https://www.koaa.com/rebound/united-expands-non-stop-service-at-springs-airport?fbclid=IwAR0b4x0yvTgDSG7Cj3gaWLQgxxWz_lNxwhqydJlaZC_uP4qw8fVrpg3D_f4

Looks like COS is growing again! Nonstop to LAX and upgrading from the cramped CRJ200 to a 175. Looks like Southwest coming in is creating some new opportunities and pricing out of COS. By the way it sounded the 200 will be gone for good out of COS. If I remember, Skywest is the maintenance for United in COS as well, may be some opportunities to get photos.


3 of the DEN frequencies will still be CRJ in February.

I understand trying to respond to WN, but tripling capacity over January seems like a bit much.
 
burnsie28
Posts: 5304
Joined: Mon Aug 02, 2004 1:49 am

Re: United upgrading in COS

Mon Jan 25, 2021 6:14 pm

I remember when United was bringing in the DC10 to COS daily. Gone are those good-ole days. Just for S&G's, because the T-100 doesn't go back far enough to find the DC-10, here was the July 15 flights to/from COS in 2004

AA: 6x DFW (M83/ M80/ M80/ M80/ M80/ M80) 1x STL (ERD)
CO: 5x IAH (ERJ/ ERJ/ 735/ ERJ/ ERJ)
DL: 2x ATL (738/ 738) 2x CVG (CR7/ CR7) 4x DFW (CRJ/ CRJ/ CRJ/ CRJ) 6x SLC (CRJ/ CRJ/ CRJ/ CRJ/ CRJ/ CRJ)
G4: 1x LAS (M80)
HP: 2x LAS (CRJ/ CRJ) 5x PHX (CRJ/ CR9/ CR9/ CRJ/ CRJ)
NW: 3x MSP (320/ 319/ 320)
UA: 10x DEN (735/ CRJ/ CR7/ 146/ 146/ 733/ 735/ CR7/ DH2/ DH2) 3x LAX (CRJ/ CRJ/ CRJ) 4x ORD (CRJ/ CRJ/ CR7/ CRJ)
YV: 2x ABQ (BE1/ BE1)
 
dfwjim1
Posts: 2581
Joined: Fri Sep 09, 2011 8:46 pm

Re: United upgrading in COS

Mon Jan 25, 2021 6:28 pm

Is COS much of a jumping off point for skiers headed to the mountains?
 
CALMSP
Posts: 3674
Joined: Wed Aug 13, 2003 3:18 am

Re: United upgrading in COS

Mon Jan 25, 2021 6:30 pm

dfwjim1 wrote:
Is COS much of a jumping off point for skiers headed to the mountains?


not really, you'd still have to come up to Denver to get onto I70 into the mountains.
 
2eng2efficient
Posts: 138
Joined: Wed Jul 08, 2020 5:30 pm

Re: United upgrading in COS

Mon Jan 25, 2021 6:35 pm

DLASFlyer wrote:
United really is proving itself as the dominant airline in Colorado. Not just in DEN.


It feels like they are becoming the dominant player in HDN. When I book my annual trip to Steamboat Springs (departing from CVG), UA, DL, and AA usually have roughly similar offerings.

This year, DL appears to have dropped HDN altogether, AA had its normal DFW and ORD options but were very expensive, and UA had numerous options via IAH, DEN, and ORD, and was significantly cheaper.
 
CALMSP
Posts: 3674
Joined: Wed Aug 13, 2003 3:18 am

Re: United upgrading in COS

Mon Jan 25, 2021 7:13 pm

2eng2efficient wrote:
DLASFlyer wrote:
United really is proving itself as the dominant airline in Colorado. Not just in DEN.


It feels like they are becoming the dominant player in HDN. When I book my annual trip to Steamboat Springs (departing from CVG), UA, DL, and AA usually have roughly similar offerings.

This year, DL appears to have dropped HDN altogether, AA had its normal DFW and ORD options but were very expensive, and UA had numerous options via IAH, DEN, and ORD, and was significantly cheaper.


UA has and always will be the dominant in all Colorado locations as they operate year round.
 
slcdeltarumd11
Posts: 5205
Joined: Fri Jan 09, 2004 7:30 am

Re: United upgrading in COS

Mon Jan 25, 2021 7:14 pm

Lots of other vacation opportunities at COS. It's not the ski market crowd overall but sees small numbers of them.

I know a few Breck homeowners who keep cars near to COS and it's their home airport to avoid I70 and cheaper/easier to store a car nearby. DEN doesn't have storage places close by and i70 is terrible. Doesn't cater toward skiers more for other outdoor activities overall. Airport has always boomed in summer and appeals to family vacations and conferences. The airport has lots of potential origin traffic but den has so low fares so it's hard to compete with. Cos has walk to the plane and affordable parking and easy security. If I were a family with kids I'd use COS over den even if it was a further drive ie Castle Rock or DTC. Walk to plane and less stressful airport overall, den is long walks and tough with kids for origin traffic. The airport could support alot more seats if the airlines decide to offer lower fares. Colorado is growing like crazy , doesn't seem like a bad idea for an airline like united to hold onto that route and try to grow. The broadmoor, pikes peak, national park circular tours the airport has alot to offer den is just so cheap and N/S to everywhere it sucks demand away. COS has a place and good to see the airlines using it more
 
FlyingSicilian
Posts: 1667
Joined: Mon Mar 02, 2009 7:53 pm

Re: United upgrading in COS

Tue Jan 26, 2021 2:10 am

Sigh, where was all this lift when I was travelling back and forth to the Academy LOL
Good news though
Will they get a Breeze or Houston Air/Avelo flight if the entrants want to skip more competition at Den to start?
 
keithvh2001
Posts: 53
Joined: Sat Jun 08, 2019 7:21 pm

Re: United upgrading in COS

Tue Jan 26, 2021 2:40 am

dfwjim1 wrote:
Is COS much of a jumping off point for skiers headed to the mountains?


DEN is closer to all the resorts, ex Crested Butte and Monarch.

But even then, COS to Crested Butte is a 3:50 drive. May as well fly into GUC direct (it has flights from DFW and IAH), or connect through DEN.

Monarch draws more of the local crowd, garnering limited national travel. It's not a Breck, Vail or Winter Park type resort.
 
OKCDCA
Posts: 299
Joined: Sat Sep 30, 2017 2:50 am

Re: United upgrading in COS

Tue Jan 26, 2021 3:34 am

I wouldn't say this is much of an upgrade... I'll be sticking with AA to DFW and hopefully PHX will be back soon. Until then, I'll gladly hop a WN flight to PHX, LAS or DEN for heading west.

CALMSP wrote:
dfwjim1 wrote:
Is COS much of a jumping off point for skiers headed to the mountains?


not really, you'd still have to come up to Denver to get onto I70 into the mountains.

The way traffic is on I70 for a typical ski weekend these days, I'm disappointed COS doesn't try to market more towards the ski crowd. The drive out US24 to come in the back side of Breckenridge is very scenic and takes just about as much time as going out 70. Most times less on the weekend once you fight Denver traffic. And then once you get through Breck, catch I70 for Vail/Beaver Creek/Aspen.
slcdeltarumd11 wrote:
Lots of other vacation opportunities at COS. It's not the ski market crowd overall but sees small numbers of them.

I know a few Breck homeowners who keep cars near to COS and it's their home airport to avoid I70 and cheaper/easier to store a car nearby. DEN doesn't have storage places close by and i70 is terrible. Doesn't cater toward skiers more for other outdoor activities overall. Airport has always boomed in summer and appeals to family vacations and conferences. The airport has lots of potential origin traffic but den has so low fares so it's hard to compete with. Cos has walk to the plane and affordable parking and easy security. If I were a family with kids I'd use COS over den even if it was a further drive ie Castle Rock or DTC. Walk to plane and less stressful airport overall, den is long walks and tough with kids for origin traffic. The airport could support alot more seats if the airlines decide to offer lower fares. Colorado is growing like crazy , doesn't seem like a bad idea for an airline like united to hold onto that route and try to grow. The broadmoor, pikes peak, national park circular tours the airport has alot to offer den is just so cheap and N/S to everywhere it sucks demand away. COS has a place and good to see the airlines using it more

Colorado Springs and the Pikes Peak region will be one of, if not the top tourism destination in the US this year. The new US Olympic Museum opened last year, the Pikes Peak Cog Railway is finishing up a $100 million rebuild of the 130 year old railroad taking tourists between the base and summit of Pikes Peak and the City of Colorado Springs is finishing up its new $65 million Pikes Peak Visitor Center on the summit of Pikes Peak. Both the Railway and Visitor Center are scheduled to reopen in May. And with all the other numerous outdoor activities, a very affordable and COVID friendly destination.
 
AndoAv8R
Posts: 115
Joined: Thu Feb 06, 2020 4:29 pm

Re: United upgrading in COS

Tue Jan 26, 2021 12:42 pm

Given all the horrible road construction/traffic nightmare between Colorado Springs and Denver as well as how much the Colorado Springs area has/continues to grow I'm sure the demand for air service out of COS will only continue to increase.
 
UPNYGuy
Posts: 344
Joined: Thu Jan 06, 2011 4:14 pm

Re: United upgrading in COS

Tue Jan 26, 2021 12:53 pm

MIflyer12 wrote:
maps4ltd wrote:
Nice. I wonder if DL will upgrade the CRJ-200 that goes to SLC. Personally I don't think so, but anything could happen. (Also, ATL-COS comes back April 1).


DL has announced the retirement of all CR2s by the end of 2023, so the route gets upgauged or dropped.


Wonder how many others will follow suit. Quite a few CR2 /E145 still out there.
 
DLASFlyer
Posts: 353
Joined: Wed Jun 15, 2016 4:06 pm

Re: United upgrading in COS

Tue Jan 26, 2021 12:55 pm

OKCDCA wrote:
Colorado Springs and the Pikes Peak region will be one of, if not the top tourism destination in the US this year.


Huh? What? Ever heard of Florida, Hawaii, Alaska, Yellowstone or Yosemite?
 
amcnd
Posts: 237
Joined: Sun Mar 29, 2015 4:19 am

Re: United upgrading in COS

Tue Jan 26, 2021 1:36 pm

I think SLC-COS is a EAS route thats why its a CRJ200..
 
panam330
Posts: 2227
Joined: Sun Mar 14, 2004 11:58 am

Re: United upgrading in COS

Tue Jan 26, 2021 1:59 pm

amcnd wrote:
I think SLC-COS is a EAS route thats why its a CRJ200..

It absolutely is not EAS; COS is far too large a market.
 
BMcD
Topic Author
Posts: 114
Joined: Mon Dec 29, 2014 4:11 pm

Re: United upgrading in COS

Tue Jan 26, 2021 4:50 pm

panam330 wrote:
amcnd wrote:
I think SLC-COS is a EAS route thats why its a CRJ200..

It absolutely is not EAS; COS is far too large a market.


For sure isn't an EAS route. It was at one point a seasonal thing. Delta is flying the route today, still a CRJ2 by Skywest.

I remember one of my best trips home was from SEA to SLC and SLC to COS. Flight attendants on the first leg gave me a bottle of wine. Was coming back from Korea with a torn up knee and was going home to see my newborn and my family. MD11 from Korea/Japan, I believe a 73 into SLC and a CRJ to COS.
 
OKCDCA
Posts: 299
Joined: Sat Sep 30, 2017 2:50 am

Re: United upgrading in COS

Tue Jan 26, 2021 5:00 pm

DLASFlyer wrote:
OKCDCA wrote:
Colorado Springs and the Pikes Peak region will be one of, if not the top tourism destination in the US this year.


Huh? What? Ever heard of Florida, Hawaii, Alaska, Yellowstone or Yosemite?

I have... And clearly you've never heard of the Springs. Do some research my friend and come visit our wonderful outdoor community.
 
winginit
Posts: 3073
Joined: Sat Feb 23, 2013 9:23 pm

Re: United upgrading in COS

Tue Jan 26, 2021 5:37 pm

OKCDCA wrote:
DLASFlyer wrote:
OKCDCA wrote:
Colorado Springs and the Pikes Peak region will be one of, if not the top tourism destination in the US this year.


Huh? What? Ever heard of Florida, Hawaii, Alaska, Yellowstone or Yosemite?

I have... And clearly you've never heard of the Springs. Do some research my friend and come visit our wonderful outdoor community.


Look I love the Springs, have visited many times with my family, but I don't think there's any data out there to support COS or the Pikes Peak region even cracking the top ten of any national tourist destination list in the foreseeable future. Garden of the Gods gets what, 2 million visitors per year? That's a third of what the Grand Canyon gets, and half of what just the Statue of Liberty gets in a year.

And yes I know there's far more to the region than just Garden of the Gods, but it's a pretty safe benchmark as far as tourist sites go.
 
FlyingElvii
Posts: 1605
Joined: Wed Dec 27, 2017 10:53 pm

Re: United upgrading in COS

Tue Jan 26, 2021 6:08 pm

DLASFlyer wrote:
United really is proving itself as the dominant airline in Colorado. Not just in DEN.

Any chance they will add a couple of 777's on Denver, to flood the market with seats, like the two DC-10's a day they ran COS-DEN against Western Pacific??
 
MIflyer12
Posts: 9883
Joined: Mon Feb 18, 2013 11:58 pm

Re: United upgrading in COS

Tue Jan 26, 2021 6:15 pm

UPNYGuy wrote:
MIflyer12 wrote:
maps4ltd wrote:
Nice. I wonder if DL will upgrade the CRJ-200 that goes to SLC. Personally I don't think so, but anything could happen. (Also, ATL-COS comes back April 1).


DL has announced the retirement of all CR2s by the end of 2023, so the route gets upgauged or dropped.


Wonder how many others will follow suit. Quite a few CR2 /E145 still out there.


That's an interesting topic, but perhaps for another thread. The AA/DL/UA annual reports should all be out within four weeks, and should show fleet by type and sub-type, as well as purchase commitments.

FSDan's work on the Summer 2019 schedule showed 122 E145 flights/day by UA out of EWR alone, so it's not as if 50-seaters have strictly been relegated to non-hub/small markets.

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1420611
 
N757PZ
Posts: 6
Joined: Sun Apr 26, 2020 1:23 am

Re: United upgrading in COS

Tue Jan 26, 2021 6:39 pm

I remember back in the mid 90s UA sending some heavy metal (DC-10s) down to COS from DEN. Of course I think this had more to do with Bart Simpson trying to set up shop in COS more than upgrading equipment for demand.
 
ah414211
Posts: 169
Joined: Wed Mar 21, 2001 1:12 pm

Re: United upgrading in COS

Tue Jan 26, 2021 6:39 pm

amcnd wrote:
I think SLC-COS is a EAS route thats why its a CRJ200..


It's not EAS, but it is a "Pro-Rate" or "At-Risk" market, which under the Delta contract are only flown with the CRJ-200, so unless Delta decides to make SLC-COS a contract market or change the contract, it will remain on the CRJ-200.

It should also be noted that all of the remaining CRJ-200 SkyWest flying for Delta are pro-rate markets. The last contract market on the CRJ-200 ended earlier this month.
 
User avatar
Spacepope
Posts: 5410
Joined: Tue Dec 28, 1999 11:10 am

Re: United upgrading in COS

Tue Jan 26, 2021 6:59 pm

winginit wrote:
OKCDCA wrote:
DLASFlyer wrote:

Huh? What? Ever heard of Florida, Hawaii, Alaska, Yellowstone or Yosemite?

I have... And clearly you've never heard of the Springs. Do some research my friend and come visit our wonderful outdoor community.


Look I love the Springs, have visited many times with my family, but I don't think there's any data out there to support COS or the Pikes Peak region even cracking the top ten of any national tourist destination list in the foreseeable future. Garden of the Gods gets what, 2 million visitors per year? That's a third of what the Grand Canyon gets, and half of what just the Statue of Liberty gets in a year.

And yes I know there's far more to the region than just Garden of the Gods, but it's a pretty safe benchmark as far as tourist sites go.


The person that made that claim is probably the same one that came up with the "Olympic City USA" branding. I can't wait for the cog to open as it'll give everyone downtown in our little podunk mountain town tons to complain about regarding traffic and parking. It'll be a nice change from the complaints about the Incline.

The El Pomar Heritage Series over hte past few years has been focusing on turning COS into an "Outdoor Recreation Mecca" but from what I typically see, the people coming here for that are usually driving up here from places like Texas rather than flying in with all their gear.

I really do hope that COS can be seen as a reliever from DEN. Having WN and F9 here will put some price pressure on the majors.
 
KFNL
Posts: 2
Joined: Tue Jun 16, 2020 5:33 pm

Re: United upgrading in COS

Tue Jan 26, 2021 9:57 pm

OKCDCA wrote:
DLASFlyer wrote:
OKCDCA wrote:
Colorado Springs and the Pikes Peak region will be one of, if not the top tourism destination in the US this year.


Huh? What? Ever heard of Florida, Hawaii, Alaska, Yellowstone or Yosemite?

I have... And clearly you've never heard of the Springs. Do some research my friend and come visit our wonderful outdoor community.


Colorado Springs is a great area that offers plenty for tourism and business travel. The entire front range of Colorado is poised to welcome greater frequency of vacation visitors this year again as people try to get to places that have more space to socially distance. Rocky Mountain National Park just North of Denver near Fort Collins/ Loveland saw a record 4.6 million visitors in 2019, and is expected to report lower numbers for 2020 due to the park having to limit access due to its surging popularity.

https://irma.nps.gov/STATS/SSRSReports/Park%20Specific%20Reports/Annual%20Park%20Recreation%20Visitation%20(1904%20-%20Last%20Calendar%20Year)?Park=ROMO
 
uadc8contrail
Posts: 1669
Joined: Thu Sep 11, 2003 1:23 am

Re: United upgrading in COS

Wed Jan 27, 2021 6:45 am

N757PZ wrote:
I remember back in the mid 90s UA sending some heavy metal (DC-10s) down to COS from DEN. Of course I think this had more to do with Bart Simpson trying to set up shop in COS more than upgrading equipment for demand.


UA kinda hit the jackpot when they started the 10s into COS, as N757 says it was a reaction to westpac, then when westpac tried to set up shop in DEN and eventually folded, UA was awarded a big usps contract and was filling both of the 10s with mail every day into DEN and used the manual pit just for bags, when fedex won the contract in the next bidding the 10s went away from COS, anyone remember back in the late 90s/early 00s around the holidays when UA would run the last dept to den on a 10(normally a 722) full of mail and then it would go onto BIL filled to the brim with mail as well.

Who is online

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos