Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

samuelx88
Topic Author

TREQ, Québec's New Regional Airline will Launch on May 1st

Tue Jan 26, 2021 10:17 pm

TREQ, a new low-cost co-op regional airline in Québec with a fleet of four Q400 announced that it will launch on May 1st. Their lifetime membership is also for sale at 10$ and they are hiring pilots.

Their initial routes will be between YQB, YUL, YBG, YWK, YGP, YGR, YUY and YZV. All of which were destinations suspended by Air Canada.

Gatineau, Mont-Tremblant, Mont-Joli, Sherbrooke, Trois-Rivières, Charlevoix and Baie-Comeau will come later.

From what is shown on their website, they already have their aircraft painted. And according to this article available only in French, they already have all their licenses and their funding to start on May 1st https://www.lequotidien.com/actualites/ ... 61712c2fa8

Their website in English with the prices of their tickets: https://treq.ca/en/

I will post a news article in English later when there will be one available.

Should we expect it to work or to fail as Québecair?

Skywatcher

Re: TREQ, Québec's New Regional Airline will Launch on May 1st

Tue Jan 26, 2021 10:26 pm

The article states that this "co-operative" will sign an association agreement with "a major Canadian airline" and will operate Q-400's.
If you pay $10 you can join their co-op.

This sounds bizarre-almost like some kid's fantasy airline. I agree that airfare prices are super high in Quebec so maybe........

FiscAutTecGarte

Tue Jan 26, 2021 10:58 pm

We wanted to try something similar for the state of Sonora Mexico because everyone takes the bus due to high cost of the scant flying options. So we attempted to form a SC (society civil a type of non-profit corp) called Transporte Aéro Regional de Sonora ... It wasn't until we designed the letterhead and livery that our folly became evident: TARDS.

Ok... in all seriousness.

TReQ (Regional Transport of Quebec) is an interesting idea. Quebec is an iteresting place with incredible beauty. Having traveled quite a bit in Canada, there is a real sense of provincial pride in Quebec. It's very different than the rest. I could well imagine many citizens being willing to pay the scant $10 to give the co-op an initial boost. With a population of 8.5 million people. they might be able to raise a not so insignificant amount of money to help launch initial service. I imagine the Q400 leases are quite reasonable. They don't appear to have broken the bank with the livery...

I felt the same about the Maritimes as well. Very different culturally. another quite isolated part of Canada...
learning never stops...

FischAutoTechGarten is the full handle and it reflects my interest. It's abbreviated to fit A.net short usernames.

OzarkD9S

Tue Jan 26, 2021 11:52 pm

TREQ. I actually like the name. Q400's? Is Porter considered "a major Canadian airline" or are we talking WestJet/Air Canada? Given AC's Quebec HQ this seems like an easy-out for AC, let someone else take the RISQ (sic).
"My soul is in the sky". -Pyramus- A Midsummer's Night Dream

MIflyer12

Wed Jan 27, 2021 12:12 am

samuelx88 wrote:
Their initial routes will be between YQB, YUL, YBG, YWK, YGP, YGR, YUY and YZV. All of which were destinations suspended by Air Canada.

Are they angling for provincial government support with that? Maybe less directly from the Caisse?

How much of Quebec's traffic is strictly O&D intra-provincial?

I have to admit that the OP's destination list sent me to look up a bunch of airport codes. :cry:

samuelx88
Topic Author

Wed Jan 27, 2021 12:53 am

MIflyer12 wrote:
samuelx88 wrote:

I have to admit that the OP's destination list sent me to look up a bunch of airport codes. :cry:

I'm sorry about that. If I translate it to city names, it means Québec city, Montréal, Saguenay, Wabush, Gaspé, Îles-de-la-Madeleine, Rouyn-Noranda and Sept-Îles :)

Rajahdhani

Wed Jan 27, 2021 12:58 am

Skywatcher wrote:
The article states that this "co-operative" will sign an association agreement with "a major Canadian airline" and will operate Q-400's.

When they restart, perhaps partner with Porter?

If not then, who else but AC, out of Quebec? I mean, these were 'surrendered' by AC previously, anyway.

WS does not have a large presence in the region (no WO, to Quebec at all?, no 8P style approach to handle the state, and more importantly - no WR presence save for at YUL).

If done well, and it captures Québécois well, it could be a decent 'home grown' airline that can work in the new realities well. If brand identity is done well, they could produce a decent product that would also be able to attract tourists and/or could be a decently boutique airline (and a decent space for marketing with local partners). I mean, Porter does well for what it does - and this carrier has many more options (for airports to serve) and the benefit of their experience. Here's to their success!

sprxUSA

Wed Jan 27, 2021 1:16 am

So what does the $10 get you? Are only people that pony up the ten bucks able to have the honor of buying tickets?
Seems like a pipe dream to me. Should have called themselves Quebec National Airways lol.
Gem State Airlines..."we have a gem of an airline"

samuelx88
Topic Author

Wed Jan 27, 2021 1:27 am

Rajahdhani wrote:
Skywatcher wrote:

If not then, who else but AC, out of Quebec? !

I also think they will partner with Porter because if you look at the route map, they connect their flights to Toronto from Montreal and Mont-Tremblant, both of which are already flown by Porter. AC also fly these routes but I would be very surprised if they get into partnership.

TREQ also mentionned in some previous news articles that they'll partner with another airline to connect passengers to Europe and to sun destinations from YQB and YUL. Since on the route map above, the colour is the same for both Europe and sun destinations, and since they show a direct flight of YQB-Europe, then it might probably mean that TREQ will partner with Air Transat out of YQB and YUL.

samuelx88
Topic Author

Wed Jan 27, 2021 1:41 am

sprxUSA wrote:
So what does the $10 get you? Are only people that pony up the ten bucks able to have the honor of buying tickets?
Seems like a pipe dream to me. Should have called themselves Quebec National Airways lol.

No, it's like when you go to a co-op store for example. People who are member of the co-op just pay less for their tickets than non-members. And the profits of the airline are normally shared among all the members. And usually members can go vote for decisions in an assembly. It's a way for everyone to contribute in the economy regardless of your wealth. Cities, region, companies and airports can also be member of TREQ and invest in it from my understanding.

ExMilitaryEng

Wed Jan 27, 2021 2:40 am

Serge Lariviere, the La Macaza / Mont Tremblant (YTM) airport manager, is one of the main driving force behind TREQ.

From La Macaza during the ski season, he was able to obtain flights to Toronto Bishop with Porter (Q400) and to Newark - way back with Continental Airlines (ERJ145). So he has marketing skills for sure.

We might expect Porter to be part of the plan. Not sure who else tought - Chorus aircraft leasing maybe? They have a bunch of Q400s...

I still find a 74 seater a little too big. Daily flights would definitely be too many seats for most of those markets.

FWIW, was born and raised north of Rouyn-Noranda (YUY)

Dominion301

Wed Jan 27, 2021 4:56 am

sprxUSA wrote:

In order to belong to a co-op you need to become a member. In Canada we have a outdoorsy clothing store called MEC/Mountain Equipment Co-op. On your first visit, they charge you a $5 membership fee. You're then a lifetime member.

PAL are supposed to have new Q400s on the way and are a longstanding operator in Quebec. Might be them too. Could also be the new Air Georgian called Pivot Airlines that want to serve YKF from YOW, YUL and YQG post-pandemic and apparently want a mix of Q400s and CRJs.

Some of what TREQ is proposing makes zero sense on such a large aircraft though, even in good times. For intra-Quebec, YQB actually might make more sense to hub at than YUL...and they better time this to be a 4 aircraft hub or it has zero chance.

mga707

Wed Jan 27, 2021 5:18 am

I assume not flying to any of the First Nations settlements' airfields in northern Quebec (Great Whale, etc.) is deliberate?

mga707

Wed Jan 27, 2021 5:21 am

ExMilitaryEng wrote:

Are you old enough to remember when TCA/Air Canada flew Viscounts and later DC-9s into both Rouyn/Noranda and Val d'Or?

MIflyer12

Wed Jan 27, 2021 2:20 pm

mga707 wrote:
I assume not flying to any of the First Nations settlements' airfields in northern Quebec (Great Whale, etc.) is deliberate?

74 seats to some of those destinations? Ooof!

beechnut

Wed Jan 27, 2021 4:28 pm

mga707 wrote:
ExMilitaryEng wrote:

Are you old enough to remember when TCA/Air Canada flew Viscounts and later DC-9s into both Rouyn/Noranda and Val d'Or?

I'm old enough to have flown many times into Rouyn-Noranda/Val d'Or on an AC DC-9, on business (also Timmins, North Bay, etc). My first ever airplane flight was on an AC Viscount in 1969; my first ever aircraft flight was a Hughes 300 helicopter the year before.

I've also flown on Nordair, Wardair, Qubecair, Eastern Provinicial... and my own Beech Sundowner (sold it 3 years ago; great plane but like all planes a money pit and I'm now retired).

I've flown on CV580s, HS748s, DC-8s. Lived under the approaches to YUL as a kid and remember seeing Connies, DC-3/4/6/7s, C-46s, Viscounts, Vanguards, Britannias, CL44s flying over my head. Sometimes with one feathered! And once a Vanguard, real low, with two feathered...

I wish this new venture well, and hope their ambitions don't exceed their abilities like so many upstarts.

Beech (feeling old today)

ExMilitaryEng

Wed Jan 27, 2021 7:09 pm

mga707 wrote:
ExMilitaryEng wrote:

Well, I only have 1% of what Beechnut experienced, but yes I saw those Viscounts in Rouyn a couple time as a teen - was even able to see the cockpit once with the help of a relative at Air Canada. As you know, back then all flights prices where pre-set and indicated in the schedule pamphlets.

Later, from Val d'Or (YVD), I flew Quebecair F27 to Quebec City (was a young cadet going to CFB Valcartier).

Later, still from Val d'Or, flew Nordair 737-200 to YUL - on standby for $50 tax in.

And yes I flew those AC DC-9-30s from Rouyn many times (they smelled howfull due to the smokers in the back).

Afterward, YUY was downgraded to AC's Air Alliance DHC8-100s and we also got Inter-Canadien ATR-42s. (FWIW, Porter's Robert Duluce used to own Inter-Canadien)

MIflyer12

Wed Jan 27, 2021 7:32 pm

samuelx88 wrote:
MIflyer12 wrote:
samuelx88 wrote:

I'm sorry about that. If I translate it to city names, it means Québec city, Montréal, Saguenay, Wabush, Gaspé, Îles-de-la-Madeleine, Rouyn-Noranda and Sept-Îles :)

Thank you for that enhanced explanation. My remark wasn't intended as a complaint, but as acknowledgment that, beyond the top ~15 Canadian airports, I'm lost quickly.

AZa346

Wed Jan 27, 2021 8:01 pm

samuelx88 wrote:
Their website in English with the prices of their tickets: https://treq.ca/en/

I love the accent in the video!!
and yes, the livery is quite basic but gets the job done

m1m2

Wed Jan 27, 2021 9:53 pm

Well, one advantage they have these days is an availability of pilots and engineers, well, any staff really. Should be lots of people out there willing to work at this point.

"Lived under the approaches to YUL as a kid and remember seeing Connies, DC-3/4/6/7s, C-46s, Viscounts, Vanguards, Britannias, CL44s flying over my head."

Back when airplanes made real noise...I envy you for the radial engines you have heard. I can only imagine what a DC6, or DC7 must have sounded like on take off. I remember seeing (and hearing long before you could see it) the CL215 flying around Newfoundland at various times. What a distinctive and awesome sound. I know some jets are loud, I've heard F35's take off at airshows, but it's nothing like a radial. In my mind a loud jet is like an annoying neighbour, but the radial is like good music.
Last edited by m1m2 on Wed Jan 27, 2021 10:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thibault973

Wed Jan 27, 2021 10:03 pm

sprxUSA wrote:

You mean like Costo, Sam's club, BJ's or all the others immensely successful membership-only businesses out there ? humm

Dominion301

Wed Jan 27, 2021 10:33 pm

Thibault973 wrote:
sprxUSA wrote:

You mean like Costo, Sam's club, BJ's or all the others immensely successful membership-only businesses out there ? humm

Sort of, but not quite. Co-ops aren’t corporations. They’re more akin to a non-profit, where the profits are either reinvested in the business or (unlike a non-profit) can even be disbursed to the members (rare). It’s more likely to reinvest excess profits into lowering prices for members.

B595

Thu Jan 28, 2021 6:57 am

The proposed route map reminds me of the time when Burlington, VT had scheduled flights to places like Newport and Morrisville.

http://www.departedflights.com/UM081582.html

Nostalgia aside, I'm not going to hold my breath about seeing Montreal-Sherbrooke on a Q400. Maybe in 20 years on an autonomous all-electric drone taxi.

Thibault973

Thu Jan 28, 2021 11:45 am

You mean like Costo, Sam's club, BJ's or all the others immensely successful membership-only businesses out there ? humm[/quote]

Sort of, but not quite. Co-ops aren’t corporations. They’re more akin to a non-profit, where the profits are either reinvested in the business or (unlike a non-profit) can even be disbursed to the members (rare). It’s more likely to reinvest excess profits into lowering prices for members.[/quote]

Yeah, I understood that, I was just referring to the statement "Are only people that pony up the ten bucks able to have the honor of buying tickets? Seems like a pipe dream to me" as if it wasn't the exact offer of some of the bigges companies in America.

HVNandrew

Thu Jan 28, 2021 1:20 pm

B595 wrote:
The proposed route map reminds me of the time when Burlington, VT had scheduled flights to places like Newport and Morrisville.

http://www.departedflights.com/UM081582.html

Nostalgia aside, I'm not going to hold my breath about seeing Montreal-Sherbrooke on a Q400. Maybe in 20 years on an autonomous all-electric drone taxi.

Trois-Rivières also strikes me as extremely unlikely amongst the proposed routes. When was the last time YRQ had scheduled air service?

MIflyer12

Thu Jan 28, 2021 3:37 pm

Dominion301 wrote:
Thibault973 wrote:
sprxUSA wrote:

Sort of, but not quite. Co-ops aren’t corporations. They’re more akin to a non-profit, where the profits are either reinvested in the business or (unlike a non-profit) can even be disbursed to the members (rare). It’s more likely to reinvest excess profits into lowering prices for members.

There's a long-established co-op that many Americans will know: REI (the outdoor clothing/gear vendor). They're in 39 U.S. states but don't have any stores in Canada, I don't believe.

Aliqiout

Thu Jan 28, 2021 6:31 pm

MIflyer12 wrote:
Dominion301 wrote:
Thibault973 wrote:

There's a long-established co-op that many Americans will know: REI (the outdoor clothing/gear vendor). They're in 39 U.S. states but don't have any stores in Canada, I don't believe.

No REIs in Canada, I don't know how the co-OP model would work internationally, and Canada already has the well established MEC that partners with many of the same manufacturers.

Aliqiout

Thu Jan 28, 2021 6:34 pm

sprxUSA wrote:

Why Quebec National Airlines, neither the Canadian government nor the Quebec goverment have any involvement?

There are many successful co-ops south of the border too. From utility providers to grocery stores. As far as I know a co-OP airline is a new idea, but why not?

debonair

Thu Jan 28, 2021 6:52 pm

Anymore infos about the aircraft, seen in the video, like registration, previous owner?

pinsent

Thu Jan 28, 2021 7:11 pm

ExMilitaryEng wrote:
mga707 wrote:
ExMilitaryEng wrote:

Well, I only have 1% of what Beechnut experienced, but yes I saw those Viscounts in Rouyn a couple time as a teen - was even able to see the cockpit once with the help of a relative at Air Canada. As you know, back then all flights prices where pre-set and indicated in the schedule pamphlets.

Later, from Val d'Or (YVD), I flew Quebecair F27 to Quebec City (was a young cadet going to CFB Valcartier).

Later, still from Val d'Or, flew Nordair 737-200 to YUL - on standby for $50 tax in.

And yes I flew those AC DC-9-30s from Rouyn many times (they smelled howfull due to the smokers in the back).

Afterward, YUY was downgraded to AC's Air Alliance DHC8-100s and we also got Inter-Canadien ATR-42s. (FWIW, Porter's Robert Duluce used to own Inter-Canadien)

Deluce didn't own Inter Canadien. He owned Air Ontario.

beechnut

Thu Jan 28, 2021 10:21 pm

HVNandrew wrote:

Trois-Rivières also strikes me as extremely unlikely amongst the proposed routes. When was the last time YRQ had scheduled air service?[/quote]

I think once upon a time Air Canada had a Viscount drop in on a regular basis. Can't say for sure if there's been anything since, but there is a fair bit of heavy (heavier than GA) metal that goes to Trois-Rivières for maintenance. There have been 737s and CRJs. I believe AC even parked some 737-8 MAX during the early part of the grounding.

Beech

yyztpa2

Thu Jan 28, 2021 10:56 pm

samuelx88 wrote:
Rajahdhani wrote:
Skywatcher wrote:

I also think they will partner with Porter because if you look at the route map, they connect their flights to Toronto from Montreal and Mont-Tremblant, both of which are already flown by Porter. AC also fly these routes but I would be very surprised if they get into partnership.

TREQ also mentionned in some previous news articles that they'll partner with another airline to connect passengers to Europe and to sun destinations from YQB and YUL. Since on the route map above, the colour is the same for both Europe and sun destinations, and since they show a direct flight of YQB-Europe, then it might probably mean that TREQ will partner with Air Transat out of YQB and YUL.

Perhaps a partnership with Porter would work. Flights from N Ontario with it's large Francophone community could benefit from flights to Quebec in such a partnership.

samuelx88
Topic Author

Thu Jan 28, 2021 11:01 pm

yyztpa2 wrote:
samuelx88 wrote:
Rajahdhani wrote:

Perhaps a partnership with Porter would work. Flights from N Ontario with it's large Francophone community could benefit from flights to Quebec in such a partnership.

That's true, they should connect Francophone communities across eastern Canada together

I also wonder if TREQ might expend further east into New Brunswick and the maritime since Air Canada terminated a lot of routes there. Right now, treq's only destination out of Quebec is Wabush in Labrador

mga707

Fri Jan 29, 2021 2:19 am

samuelx88 wrote:
yyztpa2 wrote:
samuelx88 wrote:

I also wonder if TREQ might expend further east into New Brunswick and the maritime since Air Canada terminated a lot of routes there. Right now, treq's only destination out of Quebec is Wabush in Labrador

Isn't Wabush right on or near the Quebec border, with a Quebec town on the other side? Haven't checked my road atlas.

samuelx88
Topic Author

Fri Jan 29, 2021 1:47 pm

mga707 wrote:
samuelx88 wrote:
yyztpa2 wrote:

Isn't Wabush right on or near the Quebec border, with a Quebec town on the other side? Haven't checked my road atlas.

Yes, Wabush airport also serves Fermont, the city with a wall, in Québec

Dominion301

Fri Jan 29, 2021 4:32 pm

samuelx88 wrote:
yyztpa2 wrote:
samuelx88 wrote:

That's true, they should connect Francophone communities across eastern Canada together

Most Franco-Ontarians don’t have close ties with Quebec and vice versa. I personally know a lot of Franco-Ontarians that have zero family in Quebec.

I’ve mentioned to Quebecers in casual conversation many times how there are over 1/2 million francophones in Ontario. Most Quebecers are dumbfounded to learn that. One time though I spoke to a guy who lived for a few years in Cornwall, so he was aware, but few are. A Franco-Ontarian friend of mine said she once went to YQB to celebrate St-Jean. She brought a Franco-Ontarian flag and people were constantly asking her what it was.

There’s a reason why nobody’s ever flown YUL-YTS or YSB and why Air Creebec’s Ontario and Quebec routes don’t connect. The one time they tried it, it didn’t last long.

The point raised though about an interline with Porter makes sense though.

Chickapuss

Fri Jan 29, 2021 9:44 pm

How come nobody picked up on Gatineau being basically YOW? Right across the river.

EcuaCan

Sun Jan 31, 2021 6:44 am

Chickapuss wrote:
How come nobody picked up on Gatineau being basically YOW? Right across the river.

Before the pandemic, Gatineau had flights to YQB with Air Liaison. I'm not sure if flights to YUL would work out though, considering it's only 2 hours by car (and with flights/trains/buses from Ottawa if you don't want to drive).

Skywatcher

Sun Jan 31, 2021 5:02 pm

I'm sorry but this is fantasy. The only way Sherbrooke and Trois-Rivieres could work is a flight to YYZ and even then it would have to be on a B-1900 or something else of that size. Even then, that type of flying is in decline all over North America. The Q-400 is too much aircraft for everything else except maybe YUL-Rouyn, Saguenay,Sept Iles & Quebec City but all these routes already have entrenched operators with smaller aircraft. Montreal-Mt.Tremblant and Mont-Tremblant-Charlevoix? Seriously?

debonair

Fri Apr 02, 2021 10:54 pm

Any updates regarding their 1st of May launch?!

classicjets

Sat Apr 03, 2021 12:59 pm

Sherbrooke had its own "airline," Air Sherbrooke which was operated by Starlink Aviation on Jetstreams. Flew to YYZ (to an FBO) and ended around 2006 or 2007 if I am not mistaken. Always wanted to take it but never had a chance. Would love to fly into Sherbrooke on TREQ in the future if the stars align.

Boeing744

Sat Apr 03, 2021 1:11 pm

classicjets wrote:
Sherbrooke had its own "airline," Air Sherbrooke which was operated by Starlink Aviation on Jetstreams. Flew to YYZ (to an FBO) and ended around 2006 or 2007 if I am not mistaken. Always wanted to take it but never had a chance. Would love to fly into Sherbrooke on TREQ in the future if the stars align.

I always was surprised that Sherbrooke had no commercial service on a major airline on a CRJ or Q400. I would have thought it could easily support a 1-2x daily flight to YYZ or YTZ. There is enough business and education in Sherbrooke to make it a "known" place outside of Quebec, and I imagine it is a big pain to have to drive 2ish hours after landing at Trudeau.

FlyingElvii

Sat Apr 03, 2021 4:20 pm

m1m2 wrote:
Well, one advantage they have these days is an availability of pilots and engineers, well, any staff really. Should be lots of people out there willing to work at this point.

"Lived under the approaches to YUL as a kid and remember seeing Connies, DC-3/4/6/7s, C-46s, Viscounts, Vanguards, Britannias, CL44s flying over my head."

Back when airplanes made real noise...I envy you for the radial engines you have heard. I can only imagine what a DC6, or DC7 must have sounded like on take off. I remember seeing (and hearing long before you could see it) the CL215 flying around Newfoundland at various times. What a distinctive and awesome sound. I know some jets are loud, I've heard F35's take off at airshows, but it's nothing like a radial. In my mind a loud jet is like an annoying neighbour, but the radial is like good music.

Just a few years ago at Oshkosh, they had 18 WW2 bombers, including both surviving B29’s, in the air circling the field at the same time, you almost couldn’t talk to the person next to you. I could not even imagine what 1,000 of them flying together would sound like, as in WW2.

FlyingElvii

Sat Apr 03, 2021 4:24 pm

EcuaCan wrote:
Chickapuss wrote:

Before the pandemic, Gatineau had flights to YQB with Air Liaison. I'm not sure if flights to YUL would work out though, considering it's only 2 hours by car (and with flights/trains/buses from Ottawa if you don't want to drive).

I imagine the Gatineau flights are for for connections from the other cities. Interesting choice, only a few minutes to Government Center, compared to Ottawa, without the hassles. I am sure the French vs English thing plays into it as well. Frankly, these are the types of operation the Sky Courier is meant to reopen.

YQBexYHZBGM

Sun Apr 04, 2021 1:01 am

Boeing744 wrote:
classicjets wrote:

I always was surprised that Sherbrooke had no commercial service on a major airline on a CRJ or Q400. I would have thought it could easily support a 1-2x daily flight to YYZ or YTZ. There is enough business and education in Sherbrooke to make it a "known" place outside of Quebec, and I imagine it is a big pain to have to drive 2ish hours after landing at Trudeau.

I don't recall the details exactly, but for a period in the late 1980s through the 90s, I believe Sherbrooke did have flights on AC regional affiliate Air Alliance using Dash 8-100s.

samuelx88
Topic Author

Wed Apr 14, 2021 8:37 pm

debonair wrote:

They said the May 1st launch will be postponed to a new date that will be announced within 2 weeks from now. They mentioned that they are ready to launch now but the current lockdown and restriction in Québec would mean their first flight would be almost empty. They said they have a contract with another airline to operate aircrafts and to interline with a larger airline. I saw some rumours mentioning Voyageur Airways, which is owned by Chorus. According to Les Ailes du Québec, Air Canada might use TREQ to operate regional routes in Québec for them.

https://ici.radio-canada.ca/nouvelle/17 ... s-covid-19
https://www.lesailesduquebec.com/une-ru ... e-circule/

cirrusdragoon

Thu Apr 15, 2021 4:05 am

samuelx88 wrote:
debonair wrote:

They said the May 1st launch will be postponed to a new date that will be announced within 2 weeks from now. They mentioned that they are ready to launch now but the current lockdown and restriction in Québec would mean their first flight would be almost empty. They said they have a contract with another airline to operate aircrafts and to interline with a larger airline. I saw some rumours mentioning Voyageur Airways, which is owned by Chorus. According to Les Ailes du Québec, Air Canada might use TREQ to operate regional routes in Québec for them.

https://ici.radio-canada.ca/nouvelle/17 ... s-covid-19
https://www.lesailesduquebec.com/une-ru ... e-circule/

Air Canada will interline with Pascan to restore service to Gaspé, Baie-Comeau, Iles-de-la-Madeleine, Mont-Joli and Wabush. Pascan will use their Saab 340B for these routes. They will also share cargo. Their first interline will be on June 10th

https://www.lesailesduquebec.com/pascan ... ir-canada/

debonair

Wed Apr 21, 2021 9:23 am

According to different sources, like ch-aviation, "Canada's Treq shelves mid-2Q21 debut" - any more info?

BTW. was the DASH8-Q400 painted in full TREQ colours ever identified, as displayed in this article:
https://www.lequotidien.com/actualites/ ... 61712c2fa8

samuelx88
Topic Author

Wed Apr 21, 2021 3:51 pm

debonair wrote:
According to different sources, like ch-aviation, "Canada's Treq shelves mid-2Q21 debut" - any more info?

BTW. was the DASH8-Q400 painted in full TREQ colours ever identified, as displayed in this article:
https://www.lequotidien.com/actualites/ ... 61712c2fa8

You can read my post from 6 days ago in this thread, where I wrote that they'll announce their new starting date within a week from now and that their aircrafts are from Voyageur Airways. My guess is that the aircraft seen in the video is probaby N418QX and is probably stored either in North Bay, Bagotville or Mont-Tremblant at the moment

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos