Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

Orlaithdub

Re: Irish 2/21: And the fun just keeps on leaving ...

Thu Feb 18, 2021 2:40 pm

Leo Varadkar today:
“To say very clearly, Aer Lingus will not be allowed to fail. It is already receiving substantial financial support from government. Discussions are underway on further support for the company so it is there when we need it again,”

https://www.google.ie/amp/s/mobile.reut ... SS8N2II047

Fliplot

Thu Feb 18, 2021 4:23 pm

Wonder at that!
Where are all the negative comments now? As I have said for quite some time all EI has to do is ask! Why would the Government dish out funds without due cause!

Any update on Emerald or Stobart? 2022 is not that far away.

Orlaithdub

Thu Feb 18, 2021 5:40 pm

Even with state aid, it seems many people may loose their jobs in the airline. Hopefully they will open voluntary programmes just like DAA did, but compulsory redundancies seems to way this is heading to, according to Leo Varadkar:

"So saving all jobs and saving all routes may not be possible but we do want to protect the company and ensure that it is there for essential connectivity in to the future," he said

https://www.google.ie/amp/s/amp.rte.ie/amp/1197962/

OA260

Thu Feb 18, 2021 6:33 pm

ET currently penciling in to restart DUB-ADD from November this year unless something else happens to disrupt that. Proposed July restart has now been pretty much forgotten.

kaitak
Topic Author

Thu Feb 18, 2021 9:59 pm

I also hear that EI is proposing to increase frequency on MAN from 2/3 to 3/4 daily. Interesting, that. Wonder where they think the traffic for that is going to come from.

OA260

Thu Feb 18, 2021 10:27 pm

kaitak wrote:
I also hear that EI is proposing to increase frequency on MAN from 2/3 to 3/4 daily. Interesting, that. Wonder where they think the traffic for that is going to come from.

Could come from Varadkars comments about maintaining key routes and the CTA proposals mentioned before . Also interesting was publicly
stating the loss of routes and very long time before aviation recovers. All of which we know .

Government won't allow Aer Lingus to fail - Varadkar

The Government is engaged in confidential talks with Aer Lingus about providing further financial supports for the airline.

Tánaiste Leo Varadkar told the Dáil today that the State is already providing a lot of financial support through Ireland's Strategic Investment Fund and through the temporary wage subsidy scheme.

"We will provide more to enable us to retain essential connectivity like for example Heathrow, like for example the US and those key hubs in Europe and also for cargo," he told the Dáil.

https://amp.rte.ie/amp/1197962/

JAmie2k9

Thu Feb 18, 2021 10:55 pm

kaitak wrote:

Its still down on normal summer schedule. What they proposed wouldn’t have helped them if traffic had bounded back. They do appear to be focusing schedules on core routes and cutting freq on Med routes for the summer.

Stobart have less resources to fly MAN/BHX now to.

Right now they will not operate anything near what is proposed unless things change.

Allanc1987

Thu Feb 18, 2021 11:10 pm

JAmie2k9 wrote:
kaitak wrote:

Its still down on normal summer schedule. What they proposed wouldn’t have helped them if traffic had bounded back. They do appear to be focusing schedules on core routes and cutting freq on Med routes for the summer.

Right now they will not operate anything near what is proposed unless things change.

Looks like Stobart Air, or who ever buys them over will need 14 ATR’s for Summer 2021.
So will need to lease 1 ATR 72-600 from somewhere

5 ATR 72-600 BHD
5 ATR 72-600 DUB
2 ATR 72-600 ORK
1 ATR 42-600 CFN

EIEIDW

Thu Feb 18, 2021 11:49 pm

OA260 wrote:
ET currently penciling in to restart DUB-ADD from November this year unless something else happens to disrupt that. Proposed July restart has now been pretty much forgotten.

Do you have a source for this? I contacted ET and they told me that they have no direct flights currently scheduled for DUB-ADD

Allanc1987

Fri Feb 19, 2021 12:04 am

Allanc1987 wrote:
JAmie2k9 wrote:
kaitak wrote:

Looks like Stobart Air, or who ever buys them over will need 14 ATR’s for Summer 2021.

5 ATR 72-600 BHD
5 ATR 72-600 DUB
2 ATR 72-600 ORK
1 ATR 72-600 KIR
1 ATR 42-600 CFN

JAmie2k9

Fri Feb 19, 2021 12:17 am

Allanc1987 wrote:
Allanc1987 wrote:
JAmie2k9 wrote:

5 ATR 72-600 BHD
5 ATR 72-600 DUB
2 ATR 72-600 ORK
1 ATR 72-600 KIR
1 ATR 42-600 CFN

Not up to speed on ST but prehaps 4 ATRs based at DUB + the KIR/CFN one should mean enough capacity with a schedule adjustment.
Last edited by JAmie2k9 on Fri Feb 19, 2021 12:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

OA260

Fri Feb 19, 2021 12:18 am

EIEIDW wrote:
OA260 wrote:

Do you have a source for this? I contacted ET and they told me that they have no direct flights currently scheduled for DUB-ADD

That is indeed correct they don't currently have flights loaded for sale. ET told me they are penciling in November so its an aspiration. Whether it actually happens or not only time will tell. As with all things everything is subject to change and even in normal times ET can chop and change as we all saw since they entered the Irish market.

OA260

Fri Feb 19, 2021 9:26 am

Shannon Group to restore 20% pay cut when passengers hit one million

Unions representing 160 workers such as Airport Police and firefighters reject offer

www.irishtimes.com/business/economy/sha ... 2?mode=amp

DAA seeks contractors for expansion of Dublin airport worth up to €50m

Company wants to demolish some structures and build several new facilities

www.irishtimes.com/business/transport-a ... 4?mode=amp

Jambost

Fri Feb 19, 2021 11:23 am

Nasa' 747-SP was overflying Ireland late last night. Heard a distinctive aircraft through the high winds in my area and tho behold Flight radar 24 shown the ac flying around Europe.
I assume it was on duty relating to the ongoing Mars mission.

OA260

Mon Feb 22, 2021 8:52 am

Dublin Airport Mayday call as emergency services rush to Ryanair plane after fire alert

As many as five fire trucks were deployed to the scene after the worrying call was made

www.dublinlive.ie/news/dublin-news/dubl ... 884096.amp

Devoted Irish pilot forced to go back to work as nurse to pay mortgage

Tanaiste Leo Varadkar’s comments on Aer Lingus, this week have sent “shockwaves” through the sector

www.irishmirror.ie/news/irish-news/devo ... 534561.amp

ELBOB

Mon Feb 22, 2021 9:10 am

Jambost wrote:
Nasa' 747-SP was overflying Ireland late last night. Heard a distinctive aircraft through the high winds in my area and tho behold Flight radar 24 shown the ac flying around Europe.

Good spot!

Not associated with Mars though, it's on a series of routine observational flights out of Cologne at present:

https://www.sofia.usra.edu/science/prop ... eW9OhKK1TQ

Next Ireland overflight due 26/27 Feb

kaitak
Topic Author

Mon Feb 22, 2021 12:33 pm

I'm hearing that the British government is looking to permit foreign holidays from August, in response to accelerated vaccinations. I wonder what effect this will have in Ireland?
- Presumably that will pretty much put pay to any two island solution
- Based on their intention to challenge the NI protocol in the Brexit agreement in Court, Foster's NI government will do nothing at all to help the government here (indeed, to make a point, will probably do all it can to undermine them)
- Will there be legal actions? Very likely. Two in particular: those refusing vaccinations (the anti-vaxxers) will probably challenge anything which says that they can't travel if they haven't been vaccinated. The more serious one will be from those vaccinated who say that the govenrment is preventing them from travelling. Expect to see FR, air travellers' groups and others mount challenges to all govt restrictions. Also, expect to see significant numbers of people attempt to circumvent restrictions by travelling via NI. Expect pressure, too, from airlines other than FR.

I suspect that the government is already aware of the public feeling right now; we're not even out of February and talk about restrictions staying in place until May (while govt is publicly rowing back, but private saying this is true) doesn't do anything to increase confidence - let alone soothe the public mood - which is currently very low. There is a perception, fairly or unfairly, that the govt is deferring far too much to NPHET and when all of the vulnerable are vaccinated (which should be by the end of April), you will see even less patience - probably even civil disobedience in some places - in the face of continung restrictions.

There will also be those who will say that if the UK govt can vaccinate 40-50m people by Autumn, we should be able to manage our 3-4m by August/Sept too.

eidvm

Mon Feb 22, 2021 1:16 pm

kaitak wrote:
I'm hearing that the British government is looking to permit foreign holidays from August, in response to accelerated vaccinations. I wonder what effect this will have in Ireland?
- Based on their intention to challenge the NI protocol in the Brexit agreement in Court, Foster's NI government will do nothing at all to help the government here (indeed, to make a point, will probably do all it can to undermine them)
- Will there be legal actions? Very likely. Two in particular: those refusing vaccinations (the anti-vaxxers) will probably challenge anything which says that they can't travel if they haven't been vaccinated. The more serious one will be from those vaccinated who say that the govenrment is preventing them from travelling. Expect to see FR, air travellers' groups and others mount challenges to all govt restrictions. Also, expect to see significant numbers of people attempt to circumvent restrictions by travelling via NI. Expect pressure, too, from airlines other than FR.

I suspect that the government is already aware of the public feeling right now; we're not even out of February and talk about restrictions staying in place until May (while govt is publicly rowing back, but private saying this is true) doesn't do anything to increase confidence - let alone soothe the public mood - which is currently very low. There is a perception, fairly or unfairly, that the govt is deferring far too much to NPHET and when all of the vulnerable are vaccinated (which should be by the end of April), you will see even less patience - probably even civil disobedience in some places - in the face of continung restrictions.

There will also be those who will say that if the UK govt can vaccinate 40-50m people by Autumn, we should be able to manage our 3-4m by August/Sept too.

Indeed, I see mentioned today that Denmark and Sweden expect to have their entire populations vaccinated by July under the EU vaccination program, no reason to assume then we won't have the same or similar given we're also in the program.

I can't see restrictions being able to be maintained when the population is vaccinated, cases are low and hospitals under no pressure from COVID cases.

As it stands, even with these new variants vaccines are still 100% effective at preventing severe disease and hospitalisations, which is the real metric of being over this.

In particular, many people who have families abroad will be the first crying out to let travel resume, especially if they won't have seen them in 18 months+, with leisure traffic resuming next after that once people get more confidence back and this fades into a distant memory, it may take some time for business travel to resume though with the rapid adoption of zoom and work from home and the like, but an element of it certainly will come back within the next 12 months.

BrianDromey

Mon Feb 22, 2021 2:05 pm

kaitak wrote:

I think that timeline seems roughly correct, but I would not get too excited about two-island solutions and legal challenges. Firstly other countries need to accept people at their borders, its not just about governments allowing domestic travel, or letting people leave the country, it is about who will accept them at the other end and what the conditions for re-entry would be on arrival "home". These restrictions are based on public-health guidance and alarmingly difficult to challenge. As long as pre-departure testing and post-arrival testing ± quarantine exist demand will be severely depressed, even if travel itself is not "banned".

eidvm wrote:
As it stands, even with these new variants vaccines are still 100% effective at preventing severe disease and hospitalisations, which is the real metric of being over this.

I'm afraid this simply is not correct. The current data shows that the risk of hospitalisation is reduced by 80-95%, so while it is substantially reduced it is not eliminated. If Ireland was hospitalising 100 a day at the peak, it would be 5-20 in a vaccinated population, assuming the same level of infections in the population. But we also believe that vaccination lowers the infectivity and therefore the number of people infected, so this also reduces the numbers of patients requiring admission.

aerloingeas

Mon Feb 22, 2021 11:42 pm

AmricanShamrok wrote:
An update on the status of the EI/RE fleet repaint (according to Jethro's Air Fleets):

0 of 4 (0%)

0 of 1 (0%)

https://www.jethros.org.uk/fleets/fleet ... lingus.htm

I think you can scratch those off the list. I understand from a well placed source within EI that their A330-200s and remaining A321 CEO will never operate commercial passenger flights for EI again.

OA260

Tue Feb 23, 2021 9:01 am

Aer Lingus is expected to move more planes to UK airports as its owner IAG looks to minimise cash burn and Britain gears up to reopen its skies more quickly than Ireland.

One analyst said IAG is sure to be looking at ways to deploy all of its assets as efficiently as possible in order to lower its cash-burn levels.

They said that could result in more Aer Lingus planes being moved from the Republic to UK airports like Manchester, with Britain expected to be largely open by the summer while Ireland remains largely closed.

www.irishexaminer.com/business/companie ... l?type=amp

Dublin Airport flights nightmare as controversial photos emerge of 'no social distancing' in 90-min queue

One of the passengers, who had arrived from Amsterdam, said "if anyone had been infected it potentially could have spread here"

www.dublinlive.ie/news/dublin-news/dubl ... 886199.amp

OA260

Tue Feb 23, 2021 11:15 am

Planning authority seeks further detail on Dublin's new €320m runway

Fingal County Council has sought further detail on Dublin airport’s new €320m runway.

The local authority is seeking additional information from airport operator DAA on its planning application.

www.independent.ie/business/irish/plann ... 21317.html

--

£10m support package for Belfast airports – Conor Murphy

Infrastructure Minister Nichola Mallon is providing £1.2 million for the City of Derry Airport.

A £10 million support package is being delivered to Northern Ireland’s two largest airports.

Belfast International Airport and Belfast City Airport have been hit hard, with the cancellation of many routes amid coronavirus restrictions.

Stormont Finance Minister Conor Murphy said his department is in the process of implementing a £10 million package of support for the Belfast airports, while Infrastructure Minister Nichola Mallon is providing £1.2 million for the City of Derry Airport.

www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/norther ... 19204.html

BrianDromey

Tue Feb 23, 2021 11:26 am

OA260 wrote:
Aer Lingus is expected to move more planes to UK airports as its owner IAG looks to minimise cash burn and Britain gears up to reopen its skies more quickly than Ireland.

One analyst said IAG is sure to be looking at ways to deploy all of its assets as efficiently as possible in order to lower its cash-burn levels.

They said that could result in more Aer Lingus planes being moved from the Republic to UK airports like Manchester, with Britain expected to be largely open by the summer while Ireland remains largely closed.

http://www.irishexaminer.com/business/c ... l?type=amp

It's actually quite a poorly written article and quotes "one analyst" who I suspect may work in the Aer Lingus press office or other tourism body. The tone of the article is clearly 'the brits are stealing our planes because we are closed". Now that might be true, but it's not that likely. Aer Lingus UK is aimed at the transatlantic market, for now and that market shows no signs of opening up right now, not even rumours of dates. What is more likely to open are EU holiday destinations, possibly heavily favouring vaccinated individuals. There will be a large demand from UK airports if that is the case, but thats not the Aer Lingus UK target market and established names such as Ryanair, easyJet, Jet2 and TUI will all be adding capacity too. Not to mention BA themselves from London, Iberia and Vueling from other UK airports.

Aer Lingus might want to investigate the attractiveness of flights from Belfast, where they already have a brand recognition, aircraft and a crew base.

ClassicLover

Tue Feb 23, 2021 11:35 am

BrianDromey wrote:
Aer Lingus might want to investigate the attractiveness of flights from Belfast, where they already have a brand recognition, aircraft and a crew base.

I daresay they already did and rejected it outright. As part of any kind of planning, many alternatives would have been investigated and it turns out that Manchester came out tops in this case. Indirectly insinuating that Aer Lingus just neglected other stations and are in some way incompetent is unnecessary and untrue.

BrianDromey

Tue Feb 23, 2021 12:09 pm

ClassicLover wrote:
BrianDromey wrote:

I daresay they already did and rejected it outright. As part of any kind of planning, many alternatives would have been investigated and it turns out that Manchester came out tops in this case. Indirectly insinuating that Aer Lingus just neglected other stations and are in some way incompetent is unnecessary and untrue.

I think I worded that badly. What I meant was that if the article had any sense it would mention that Aer Lingus already have a Belfast crew base and the fact that it already operates the A320 on short haul services, as opposed to conflating the opening of MAN with the A321LR and 330 on services to North America with what is Riley to be demand for short-haul holidays this summer. The article also conveniently forgets the 143 A32x operated by BA and the 22 ERJ190s operated by Cityflyer which are also in need of work for the summer. The article also claims that IAG owns AirEuropa, that deal has yet to close. My point is that the article is riddled with inaccuracies, half-truths and propaganda. To me the idea is to impress on the Irish Government that the country should re-open. With a relatively small population vaccination should be achieved relatively quickly and re-opening the domestic economy could be possible even more quickly if the Government take a pragmatic view about extending the interval between the doses, as is now supported by the data.

OA260

Tue Feb 23, 2021 1:09 pm

If Aer Lingus needs to diverge from the Irish market at DUB ORK SNN to make money elsewhere then thats what they will do and its right to do when Ireland is locked down.
Even if they have to do cargo work in other markets then so be it . Currently the UK seems to be looking to open from May-June but of course that may move to July or
August depending on the nature of the Covid data. They are proposed dates not fixed.

Ireland are currently vaccinating over 85's and even people aged under that with cancer and serious illnesses are not commencing in the majority of areas for another few weeks so we
are a long long way off opening unless they manage to ramp it up over the next few months.

Aer Lingus has just announced another wave of US and UK / EU cancellations until the end of April which is no real surprise.

Still good news from the UK and Israel with the data showing its working. A novel way in Tel Aviv is that they are offering free drinks at a beach bar to encourage the young to get their Jabs.

Fliplot

Tue Feb 23, 2021 3:03 pm

If, as suggested in the Indo Stobart Air might be picked up by former BMI Regional chairman, will Emerald be ready for operations in 2022? They have to find airceaft, crews and the rest!

EI is a commercial enterprise and will do what ever is necessary to secure it's future. No idea what the Brits versus us has to do with anything.

Orlaithdub

Tue Feb 23, 2021 6:39 pm

On Friday could we hear what further support/talks between the Irish gov and Aer Lingus have taken place so far? Or you think it will be mostly based on IAG in general and its losses?

shamrock321

Wed Feb 24, 2021 2:04 am

I’ve heard a suggestion that Menzies have pulled their ground handling form DUB? Can anyone confirm?

OA260

Wed Feb 24, 2021 9:36 am

Former BMI owner in talks to acquire Stobart Air

Aviation executive Ian Woodley is understood to be engaged in talks to buy Aer Lingus Regional operator Stobart Air.

Mr Woodley was previously involved in regional carrier BMI. He was an investor in the consortium that acquired the operator from Aer Lingus owner IAG in 2012 and served as chairman until 2014.

https://amp.independent.ie/business/iri ... 21228.html

Ryanair settles action over conduct of social welfare appeal

Under the terms it was agreed proposed witnesses would give their evidence and could be cross-examined

Ryanair has settled its High Court proceedings over the hearing of a social welfare appeal concerning the employment status of a pilot for purposes of insurability.

http://www.irishtimes.com/business/tran ... 4?mode=amp

Doubts over funding for Waterford Airport

Doubts have emerged over multi-million funding for Waterford Airport, after an investor said he has had “no involvement” with the company in over a year.

Speaking to local radio WLR, he said: “I have had no involvement with the airport for over 12 months and would have no knowledge of any funding or developments taking place.”

www.irishexaminer.com/news/arid-40232072.html

Jambost

Thu Feb 25, 2021 8:46 am

ELBOB wrote:
Jambost wrote:

Good spot!

Not associated with Mars though, it's on a series of routine observational flights out of Cologne at present:

https://www.sofia.usra.edu/science/prop ... eW9OhKK1TQ

Next Ireland overflight due 26/27 Feb

Cheers for the link! Just looking through its history, it is no stranger to Irish airspace, should be still airworthy until 2034!

JAmie2k9

Thu Feb 25, 2021 2:50 pm

LH announce two weekly Cork-Frankfurt with CR9J900 from June on Mondays/Fridays.

Link: http://www.corkairport.com/news/detail/ ... ummer-2021

Does this replace the weekly SNN-FRA, not sure if that was still going pre 2020.

Fliplot

Thu Feb 25, 2021 3:48 pm

Well done Cork!
Nice to see Cork is still pushing. I believe CRK will be ready for the up turn. I do hope though it's not at the expense of SNN. The more connectivity the better.

EI121

Thu Feb 25, 2021 4:26 pm

Being reported by John Mulligan from the Independent that IAG has appointed Lynne Embleton as new CEO of EI from April 6.

Must be EI's and IAG's first female airline CEO?

AmricanShamrok

Thu Feb 25, 2021 9:10 pm

JAmie2k9 wrote:
LH announce two weekly Cork-Frankfurt with CR9J900 from June on Mondays/Fridays.

Link: http://www.corkairport.com/news/detail/ ... ummer-2021

Does this replace the weekly SNN-FRA, not sure if that was still going pre 2020.

SNN-FRA does not seem to be bookable this summer sadly. When it last operated in S19, it was twice weekly (Thursdays with a CR9, Saturdays with a 319).

Fliplot

Thu Feb 25, 2021 11:02 pm

Might happen yet! Though I have my doubts. I see KLM return to CRK on March 1st and SWISS return on July 1st. SWISS also to return to DUB from both ZRH and GVA on or just after April 1st.

OA260

Fri Feb 26, 2021 7:55 am

Newtownards Airport incident sparks emergency response as one man suffers minor injury

Police, the fire service and ambulance service all attended the scene

Emergency services attended an incident at Newtownards Airport earlier this afternoon after a light aircraft crashed off the runway.

www.belfastlive.co.uk/news/belfast-news ... 916901.amp

Covid pushes Aer Lingus owner IAG to big loss for 2020

Aer Lingus and British Airways owner IAG has posted a loss after tax and exceptional items of €6.923 billion for 2020 after a year of minimal flying in the pandemic when it has burnt through cash.

https://amp.rte.ie/amp/1199485/

OA260

Fri Feb 26, 2021 5:09 pm

Aer Lingus calls for air travel resumption plan

The interim chief executive of Aer Lingus has said the Government and the airline sector needs to start the planning for the resumption of air travel in a meaningful way once the pandemic subsides.

Donal Moriarty said aviation is a critical driver of the Irish economy and will be crucial to the recovery.

http://www.rte.ie/news/business/2021/02 ... -for-2020/

Aer Lingus lost €563m last year as Covid-19 hit travel

Aer Lingus lost €563 million last year as Covid-19 restrictions devastated air travel

www.irishtimes.com/business/transport-a ... 6?mode=amp

David_itl

Fri Feb 26, 2021 6:23 pm

5 aircraft at MAN, not 4 per the original outline nor 3 per the slots currently held

https://www.independent.ie/business/irish/aer-lingus-has-axed-almost-600-jobs-due-to-covid-impact-40135566.html

ClassicLover

Fri Feb 26, 2021 7:40 pm

EI121 wrote:
Being reported by John Mulligan from the Independent that IAG has appointed Lynne Embleton as new CEO of EI from April 6.

Must be EI's and IAG's first female airline CEO?

Yes, I think you're correct.

The aviation industry has a dearth of female CEOs as a general rule, so nice to see Aer Lingus officially entering the ranks of the few airlines that have one.

Nice to read all the other comments, that the relocation of aircraft to Manchester won't stop the transatlantic plans for the Irish market or the Dublin hub. I'm sure things will be humming away again over the next couple of years.

AmricanShamrok

Sat Feb 27, 2021 11:56 am

FR looks to have pushed back the resumption of ops at SNN, ORK, NOC and KIR by a month to 1st May according to its online booking engine.

OA260

Sat Feb 27, 2021 12:14 pm

AmricanShamrok wrote:
FR looks to have pushed back the resumption of ops at SNN, ORK, NOC and KIR by a month to 1st May according to its online booking engine.

Pretty much expected until the government change the current ban on travel if indeed they do. New route announcements are all well and good but if its illegal to travel who is going to fill them. I think people have looked at the reports of surges in bookings in the UK this week but in any absence of a opening up plan here people should hold back until we get clarification otherwise its going to be another wave of fighting for refunds from airlines and being left with more vouchers.

AmricanShamrok

Sat Feb 27, 2021 2:16 pm

OA260 wrote:
AmricanShamrok wrote:

Pretty much expected until the government change the current ban on travel if indeed they do. New route announcements are all well and good but if its illegal to travel who is going to fill them. I think people have looked at the reports of surges in bookings in the UK this week but in any absence of a opening up plan here people should hold back until we get clarification otherwise its going to be another wave of fighting for refunds from airlines and being left with more vouchers.

Yeah I'd be apprehensive on any new route announcements at the moment. We'll be lucky to sustain what we had last summer for S21 I think.

OA260

Sun Feb 28, 2021 9:19 am

Aer Lingus job cut total to exceed previously stated 500 target

Interim chief executive said there would be about 1,000 fewer people working for Aer Lingus than would have been the case if the Covid pandemic hadn’t hit

www.irishexaminer.com/business/companie ... l?type=amp

Belfast City Airport agrees Cloud Nine deal

George Best Belfast City Airport has agreed a new three-year partnership with local, cloud-first information technology company, Leaf IT, to strengthen the airport’s digital transformation programme.

www.newsletter.co.uk/business/consumer/ ... 148151?amp

Irish Rail CEO Says Shannon Airport Rail Link Could Cost Hundreds Of Millions Of Euro

Irish Rail’s CEO believes establishing a rail link with Shannon Airport could cost hundreds of millions of euro.

It comes as Minister Eamon Ryan has committed to looking at the project, with the government committing to a feasibility study to look at connecting the airport via a spur to Sixmilebridge on the Limerick to Galway rail line.

www.clare.fm/news/irish-rail-ceo-says-s ... ions-euro/

kaitak
Topic Author

Sun Feb 28, 2021 4:16 pm

Here is the link to the March 2021 thread:

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1458251

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos