Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

DenverTed

Re: New JetBlue Mint Studio suite

Mon Feb 01, 2021 8:35 pm

Angled parking.

Varsity1

Mon Feb 01, 2021 8:40 pm

The Studio thing will be short lived. Those forward J seats are always the worst with noise/lights/smells from the galley and lav. This will be no different.

VSMUT

Mon Feb 01, 2021 8:42 pm

Wow! The seats should be canted towards the windows (which would also allow the TV to be fixed rather than folding), but that is pretty impressive if you ask me. Too bad the low cost carriers of Europe lack the imagination to come up with anything remotely better than rock bottom basic fares.

Do they cooperate with any frequent flyer programs?

Seat1D wrote:
It's nice but its a narrow body. Not for me. I'm strictly flying widebodies long haul. This layout is not for two or more people, not family friendly. B6 needs widebodies.

Also on the longest flights B6 plans on operating that will require crew rest , where will the crew rest be? Narrow bodies are nice but still have lots of limitations.

You should give it a try. I went on a Qatar Airways lie flat equipped A320 this year. Every bit as good, if not better than, many dedicated long haul widebodies.

I don't know about the regulations for crew rest in the US, but as per EASA rules, crew rest isn't necessary within the capabilities of the A321XLR. A 2 pilot crew is allowed to work anywhere from 11 to 13 hours in one go, and the A321XLR can't fly that far.

slcdeltarumd11 wrote:
MIflyer12 wrote:
I'm waiting for the same people who argued that doors were a worthless gimmick on Delta One Suites argue that doors are important innovation here.

Same people who claim that PTVs don't matter. Customers care about these things. These people want to tell customer what they care about , rather then look at what they actually care about

Let's be fair, there are good and bad implementations of walled off cabins with and without doors. The Qsuite design is good, 50% get natural light and everybody has aisle access. This one is especially good, because everybody gets natural light. The old British Airways cabin which didn't even have doors felt like you were lying either in a claustrophobic coffin or in the middle of the aisle. I have only tried having doors on Qatar Airways, so I can't contribute with how good or bad it is at other carriers.

Varsity1

Mon Feb 01, 2021 8:45 pm

VSMUT wrote:
Wow! The seats should be canted towards the windows (which would also allow the TV to be fixed rather than folding), but that is pretty impressive if you ask me. Too bad the low cost carriers of Europe lack the imagination to come up with anything remotely better than rock bottom basic fares.

Seat1D wrote:
I don't know about the regulations for crew rest in the US, but as per EASA rules, crew rest isn't necessary within the capabilities of the A321XLR. A 2 pilot crew is allowed to work anywhere from 11 to 13 hours in one go, and the A321XLR can't fly that far.

Unagmented, US crews are limited to 9 hours of scheduled flight time and around 14 hours of duty depending on start time.

BlueBaller

Mon Feb 01, 2021 9:00 pm

ASFlyer wrote:
Seat1D wrote:
Also on the longest flights B6 plans on operating that will require crew rest , where will the crew rest be? Narrow bodies are nice but still have lots of limitations.

B6 currently has longer domestic duty days than these trans-atlantic flights will be. They wouldn't require crew rest seats or augmented crew. If their union negotiates something eventually that could change things.

Not required, sure. Especially eastbound. But it'll be augmented with a Class 2 rest facility. There's only 6 LRs getting delivered within the next 24 months. No way and no reason JetBlue screws this up so badly, and with 2 year's lead time, they force themselves into a box and risk crews timing out because they took the stingy route with minimum pilots. Having 3 pilots allows up to 17 hours duty time as well, which is important when calling reserves out during the summer and winter inclimate seasons.

Antarius

Mon Feb 01, 2021 9:07 pm

IFlyVeryLittle wrote:
Ive just never understood this singles only configuration. Do the airlines think it's a Trekkie convention? I want to sit with with my wife. Not pack her off somewhere out of sight.

A lot of paid premium airfare is business travel, not couples.
Militant Centrist
Let's all just use some common sense

N757ST

Mon Feb 01, 2021 9:08 pm

Varsity1 wrote:
VSMUT wrote:

Seat1D wrote:

Unagmented, US crews are limited to 9 hours of scheduled flight time and around 14 hours of duty depending on start time.

The required rest at layover to acclimate due to FAR 117 will be too great. These flights will be augmented.

hiflyeras

Mon Feb 01, 2021 9:15 pm

I'm not understanding why they need an augmented cockpit crew on a 7.5-8 hour flight JFK-LGW. Would this be FAA mandated if they went over 8 hours?

panam330

Mon Feb 01, 2021 9:20 pm

N757ST wrote:
Varsity1 wrote:
VSMUT wrote:

The required rest at layover to acclimate due to FAR 117 will be too great. These flights will be augmented.

Bingo. As someone who’s crewed international flying for years, not augmenting these would be suicidal for their reliability (and therefore, profitability). They’re not going to give you 36 hours of rest in London (on most trips) when they can add a third pilot, bolster duty availability and bring you back with 20-24 hours of rest.
At my last carrier, any round trip with a scheduled flight time over 8:00 in either direction will result in an augmented crew. Nobody wants a cancel in London because the winds got bad and killed your flight time westbound, or ATC was worse than usual.

panam330

Mon Feb 01, 2021 9:23 pm

hiflyeras wrote:
I'm not understanding why they need an augmented cockpit crew on a 7.5-8 hour flight JFK-LGW. Would this be FAA mandated if they went over 8 hours?

It’s the westbound flying that’s an issue - one ground delay, rough winds aloft in the winter or de-ice event in Europe and you’re over 9 hours of block. Without a third man, you’re screwed.

BlueBaller

Mon Feb 01, 2021 9:29 pm

hiflyeras wrote:

When you set out on a road trip in a brand new car across Wyoming and you see a sign that says next gas station 200 miles and your trip computer reads 185 until empty, do you stop and fill up then or give it a go and hope you make it?

It's an unnecessary risk that JetBlue obviously won't be willing to experiment with, especially working the kinks out in the beginning, with tons of surplus qualified Airbus pilots sitting around at home doing next to nothing for a good chunk of this year still, no less. It's important to remember that this airline is LITERALLY trying something they've never DONE before.

In 2025 when there's XLRs flying around doing Brazil and Germany, will they reduce LON to 2-pilot crews certain times of the year when winds, loads and delays are light? We'll see.
Last edited by BlueBaller on Mon Feb 01, 2021 9:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tkt96

Mon Feb 01, 2021 9:30 pm

ASFlyer wrote:
Seat1D wrote:

B6 currently has longer domestic duty days than these trans-atlantic flights will be. They wouldn't require crew rest seats or augmented crew. If their union negotiates something eventually that could change things.

Westbound flights out of europe for US crews can have very restrictive duty days because the crew is not acclimated to that local time zone. Report times can be very early when using the eastern US timezone to base your duty day off of and result in a duty day limit of 9 hours if you report before 4am eastern time.
Last edited by Tkt96 on Mon Feb 01, 2021 9:39 pm, edited 2 times in total.

hiflyeras

Mon Feb 01, 2021 9:31 pm

Thanks for explaining, gang! I didn't consider layover time being not long enough to meet FAR's for the trip back. And irregularities, etc....

jayunited

Mon Feb 01, 2021 9:47 pm

blooc350 wrote:
This is like some Singapore Airines/Etihad level stuff right here. United and American are in trouble.

If you don't mind can you elaborate why you think United and American are in trouble?

The seat is a standard herringbone configuration with the addition of a door. Don't get me wrong the product looks nice and and upscale not different than what you find on American and United (actual Polaris seat).

I will say the first 2 seats offer the most room found on any US carrier, however the rest of the seats look cramped and that could just be the camera angle. However anyone who has flown on a herringbone type seat can look at this product and realize for the most part it is a standard Thompson Aero business class herringbone seat with the addition of a door.

jayunited

Mon Feb 01, 2021 9:54 pm

hiflyeras wrote:

We know what the FAA stipulates. The question is what does their contract state? Knowing that AA, DL, and UA all operate these routes with an augmented crew it may come down to the language in their contract.

itripreport

Mon Feb 01, 2021 9:54 pm

MIflyer12 wrote:
I'm waiting for the same people who argued that doors were a worthless gimmick on Delta One Suites argue that doors are important innovation here.

Personally in my opinion it really depends on the seat design. For example, on JetBlue's old Mint, the door actually added privacy to the seat, while on Club World Suites, the door felt more of a gimmick, as it (personally speaking) felt useless to me, especially with the way in which the seat was designed, where you face away from the aisle. On Delta one, I have mixed opinions on it, as it did add an extra sense of privacy, yet at the same time, the seats that were further away from the aisle already had enough privacy to not need it. The door on these seats would really depend a lot on how private the seat itself feels, I'd have to wait to try it out before I can decided wether or not its useful here, or more of a gimmick.

trueblew

Mon Feb 01, 2021 10:30 pm

ASFlyer wrote:
Seat1D wrote:

Long domestic duty days ≠ long stage lengths during redeye periods crossing many lines of longitude. They will be augmented, and the pilot contract has already provided for the details of such augmentation and crew rest facilities.

trueblew

Mon Feb 01, 2021 10:37 pm

catiii wrote:
trueblew wrote:
To be fair, the window shades should be shut for the majority of the flight

Why?

During daylight hours the bright light coming through an open window is enough to illuminate an entire section of the cabin. The whole point of these lie-flat seats and premium suites is a) a restful space to achieve quality sleep, and/or b) a comfortable space to enjoy premium IFE or conduct business on your laptop. Bright light interferes with sleep and creates glare and distraction on IFE. There are plenty of lighting options in one's own suite to get the desired level of illumination without being rude to your fellow travelers, and these personal lighting options have been designed to minimize the disruption to other passengers. I'm sure we have all had that unfortunate experience across the ocean when someone insists on leaving their shade open (even after being asked by the crew to close it) and it is difficult to get quality sleep or attempt to shift your body clock.

jfklganyc

Mon Feb 01, 2021 10:53 pm

speedbird2263 wrote:
JoseSalazar wrote:
My biggest gripe about mint is the vinyl they use for their seats. It doesn’t breathe at all. I was really hoping they’d use a better (cloth) material for at least their lie flats for their LD/LR/XLR. Oh well.

And as of now all the TATL flights will be augmented, and I’ve heard one of the studio suites will be designated as the crew rest facility.

I’d imagine one of the regular mint seats and one closer to the last row would suffice for B6 and the Pilot’s CBA. B6 can charge a moderate premium for that Studio so I’d imagine they’d be keen to have it available to generate revenue. IMO.

Not a CBA issue.

That is a United States Federal Aviation Regulation.

180 lie flat cordoned off.

trueblew

Mon Feb 01, 2021 10:55 pm

jfklganyc wrote:
speedbird2263 wrote:
JoseSalazar wrote:
My biggest gripe about mint is the vinyl they use for their seats. It doesn’t breathe at all. I was really hoping they’d use a better (cloth) material for at least their lie flats for their LD/LR/XLR. Oh well.

And as of now all the TATL flights will be augmented, and I’ve heard one of the studio suites will be designated as the crew rest facility.

I’d imagine one of the regular mint seats and one closer to the last row would suffice for B6 and the Pilot’s CBA. B6 can charge a moderate premium for that Studio so I’d imagine they’d be keen to have it available to generate revenue. IMO.

Not a CBA issue.

I believe Speedbird was saying it would not be one of the Studio suites but a standard suite in the last row of Mint. Why would they give up 50% of the Studios for crew rest when a standard Mint seat would meet the requirements?

It will likely have an unsightly curtain as well in order to block the rest-preventing light that some less-than-courteous passengers may cause with their open window shades on the westbound journey. For cabin aesthetics reasons the last row makes sense.

commpilot

Mon Feb 01, 2021 11:29 pm

Varsity1 wrote:
The Studio thing will be short lived. Those forward J seats are always the worst with noise/lights/smells from the galley and lav. This will be no different.

No they aren't. Row 1 is always better for privacy and easy of access. The studio will be booked 100% of the time for the room along, especially if it comes in under anyone else's biz ticket. The big question is what will the JetBlue catering experience be like?

catiii

Mon Feb 01, 2021 11:32 pm

hiflyeras wrote:

For the same reason every other carrier in the world between NYC and London augments their crews.

DLHAM

Tue Feb 02, 2021 1:33 am

Seat1D wrote:
It's nice but its a narrow body. Not for me. I'm strictly flying widebodies long haul. This layout is not for two or more people, not family friendly. B6 needs widebodies.

Whats your advantage flying a widebody? Is your seat Amy larger only because its a widebody?
My Instagram Account: Instagram

LAXLHR

Tue Feb 02, 2021 1:45 am

trueblew wrote:
DeltaRules wrote:
The Mint Studio is about the size of a NYC studio apartment- perfect for NYC's hometown airline! ;)

...kidding aside, those look great, with the only downside being pointed away from the windows.

To be fair, the window shades should be shut for the majority of the flight (although there's always *that* guy in the premium cabin who keeps the shade open and causes glare on the IFE or distracting light in the corner of your eye). They seem to have a fine angle for outside viewing during the upright-seated portion of the journey, such as taxi, takeoff and landing.

There are windows for a reason. If I am in Int Biz or First, I have every right to have my shades open (or at least one of 3) and I do on and off. Other people doing the same has never effected my screen. It's incredibly rude to say *that* guy like we are the problem. Stay home.
BA IB ET JM EA GK PA VS AA SN HP CO WN NW DL UA AC US LH LX OS JL QF QR WY MH CX U2 EK 9W UK TP VY VN LO OK OZ UL SQ LA KL

707 727 L10 732-NG 741 742 743 744 752 753 762 763 772 773 787 DC8 DC9 DC10 M80 M11 100 AB3 310 318 319 320 321 330s 340s 350 380

jfk777

Tue Feb 02, 2021 2:17 am

JB is giving their best for the UK, this will be a niche operation to Gatwick with one or two daily A321LR's from JFK and Boston each.

ASFlyer

Tue Feb 02, 2021 2:19 am

nc3rd wrote:
There are FAA mandates as to what constitutes a suitable rest seat (and coach and extra leg room dont suffice), and from what Im seeing here, one of these seats will be blocked off as a designated rest seat for the relief pilot.

Sorry, my mind goes right to Flight Attendants as that's my job. Yes, Pilots could well require some other kind of rest accommodations - I don't know. I don't believe Flight Attendants do. They simply require additional crew if duty time goes above 14 hours.

QXAS

Tue Feb 02, 2021 2:27 am

Looks like a really solid seat. Necessary with BA finally upgrading WT+. As far as the other US carriers are concerned, while Stelia is not currently a supplier of any of their seats, the new Opera product is a reverse herringbone seat designed specifically for Narrowbody aircraft. But until then, these look incredible despite the inherent flaws of the herringbone.

Hopefully the BE Diamonds on DL and UA go with the 757s. Obviously AA still has them on their A321T but in that case it’s not their most premium product.
I am NOT an employee of any airline or manufacturer. I speak for myself, not on the behalf of any company.

EssentialBusDC

Tue Feb 02, 2021 3:18 am

ASFlyer wrote:
Seat1D wrote:

Pilot augmentation isn’t based off duty day length, but is based on flight times.

Unaugmented flight time limits are 8 hours, except for the 0500-1959 report time that allows 9 hours of flight time. Generally going east augmentation would not be necessary. However coming back, depending on time of day (they will be using JFK for the report time calculations unless they have been in laying over in London for 36 hours) augment on would be required if the block exceeds 8 hours. A 3 pilot crew would be good till 13 hours of flight time.

brodeurprice

Tue Feb 02, 2021 3:41 am

catiii wrote:
Opus99 wrote:
RvA wrote:

Why? With their network and new product I don’t see why they’d have a big problem. Keep an eye on JetBlue? For sure. But a big problem is a bit much.

Well, it depends on Jet blue penetration on second thought. they are struggling to get hold of heathrow slots. if they do not have enough frequency out of heathrow then i guess BA will be fine. BA will be fine regardless, but i think they will give them a run for their money.

If I were BA and VS, knowing B6 was expanding into London with its lower cost structure, lower fares, and better hard and soft premium product (and we haven't even seen the Core offering yet) I'd be using the CMA in the UK to keep them out of LHR too.

Probably a stupid question, and forgive my ignorance if so, but in the case where B6 fails to get the (or any) slots it desires at LHR, would say, an A221 order and all-Mint service to LCY be a viable alternative? Or perhaps, is it something that is possible in the future irregardless of LHR service? I suppose a related question would be the pros/cons of LCY service as opposed to Gatwick, and vice-versa.

trueblew

Tue Feb 02, 2021 3:57 am

LAXLHR wrote:
trueblew wrote:
DeltaRules wrote:
The Mint Studio is about the size of a NYC studio apartment- perfect for NYC's hometown airline! ;)

...kidding aside, those look great, with the only downside being pointed away from the windows.

To be fair, the window shades should be shut for the majority of the flight (although there's always *that* guy in the premium cabin who keeps the shade open and causes glare on the IFE or distracting light in the corner of your eye). They seem to have a fine angle for outside viewing during the upright-seated portion of the journey, such as taxi, takeoff and landing.

There are windows for a reason. If I am in Int Biz or First, I have every right to have my shades open (or at least one of 3) and I do on and off. Other people doing the same has never effected my screen. It's incredibly rude to say *that* guy like we are the problem. Stay home.

And travelers pony up for first class international tickets for a reason too: in order to, among other reasons, arrive at their destination well-rested and better acclimated to the time zone. You've never had that goal thwarted by an inconsiderate fellow passenger lighting up the entire cabin? Hopefully the positioning of these seats discourages such behavior.

LAX772LR

Tue Feb 02, 2021 4:03 am

IFlyVeryLittle wrote:
Ive just never understood this singles only configuration. Do the airlines think it's a Trekkie convention? I want to sit with with my wife. Not pack her off somewhere out of sight.

That someone REALLY having to be in physical contact with someone else (that they could otherwise see and communicate with just fine, if necessary, over the course of 8hrs+) to the point where it'd routinely influence 5digit purchase decisions, is an objective rarity; thus, let's use a configuration that maximizes cubic footage and make some revenue.

THAT'S what the airlines are thinking.

jfk777 wrote:
JB is giving their best for the UK, this will be a niche operation to Gatwick with one or two daily A321LR's from JFK and Boston each.

None of which you know for fact.

They've actually stated their interest previously in multiple LON gateways and have never limited their stateside gateways to solely BOS or JFK. Obviously, those are strong candidates, but I wouldn't be surprised to see EWR, FLL, and perhaps even MIA join the fray.
Last edited by LAX772LR on Tue Feb 02, 2021 4:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
I myself, suspect a more prosaic motive... ~Thranduil

speedbird2263

Tue Feb 02, 2021 4:08 am

trueblew wrote:
jfklganyc wrote:
speedbird2263 wrote:

Not a CBA issue.

I believe Speedbird was saying it would not be one of the Studio suites but a standard suite in the last row of Mint. Why would they give up 50% of the Studios for crew rest when a standard Mint seat would meet the requirements?

It will likely have an unsightly curtain as well in order to block the rest-preventing light that some less-than-courteous passengers may cause with their open window shades on the westbound journey. For cabin aesthetics reasons the last row makes sense.

Thank you, that is indeed what I was getting at, of course as a matter of opinion with regard to the use of the first row Mint studio. A curtain is actually specifically stated and required per FARs as it pertains to a Class 2 Rest Facility(flat or near flat required as well). Class 1 being a dedicated crew bunk away from the cockpit and passenger cabin and Class 3 being defined as a seat with at least 40° of recline and leg support. For those wondering the various Classes of rest facilities are associated with varying lengths of Flight Duty period allowed, Class 1 have the longest and Class 3 being the most restrictive.

I'm not sure of the current reconfigured A330s at Delta with the new Delta One Suites however, with the previous reverse herringbone configuration & product, at least on aircraft without the Class 1 facility, the last seat was used for crew rest(my own past observation) I've also seen the 767s used for augmented flights at DL with the same set up, hence my reasoning for B6 using the same set up going forward.
Straight'n Up 'N Fly Right Son

catiii

Tue Feb 02, 2021 4:30 am

brodeurprice wrote:
catiii wrote:
Opus99 wrote:
Well, it depends on Jet blue penetration on second thought. they are struggling to get hold of heathrow slots. if they do not have enough frequency out of heathrow then i guess BA will be fine. BA will be fine regardless, but i think they will give them a run for their money.

If I were BA and VS, knowing B6 was expanding into London with its lower cost structure, lower fares, and better hard and soft premium product (and we haven't even seen the Core offering yet) I'd be using the CMA in the UK to keep them out of LHR too.

Probably a stupid question, and forgive my ignorance if so, but in the case where B6 fails to get the (or any) slots it desires at LHR, would say, an A221 order and all-Mint service to LCY be a viable alternative? Or perhaps, is it something that is possible in the future irregardless of LHR service? I suppose a related question would be the pros/cons of LCY service as opposed to Gatwick, and vice-versa.

You'd have to delay the London launch by years to make that happen. Full stop.

jayunited

Tue Feb 02, 2021 4:32 am

ASFlyer wrote:
nc3rd wrote:
There are FAA mandates as to what constitutes a suitable rest seat (and coach and extra leg room dont suffice), and from what Im seeing here, one of these seats will be blocked off as a designated rest seat for the relief pilot.

Sorry, my mind goes right to Flight Attendants as that's my job. Yes, Pilots could well require some other kind of rest accommodations - I don't know. I don't believe Flight Attendants do. They simply require additional crew if duty time goes above 14 hours.

So JetBlue's FA's won't have 3 economy seats blocked off for use as crew rest?

crownvic

Tue Feb 02, 2021 9:29 am

I'm sure everyone's favorite Sam Chui will be on the very first flight, although Noel Phillips gives a better seat review.

crownvic

Tue Feb 02, 2021 9:45 am

maverick4002 wrote:
Is the TV not aligned with the seat?? I assume it can come out of the wall and be aligned at the proper angle?

You have 2 choice answers:

1) No it is not, you have to either stand in front of it or lean forward to see it straight on.
2) Yes, it swivels out so you can see it straight on.

If you chose number 2 you are correct.

jfk777

Tue Feb 02, 2021 12:13 pm

LAX772LR wrote:
IFlyVeryLittle wrote:

That someone REALLY having to be in physical contact with someone else (that they could otherwise see and communicate with just fine, if necessary, over the course of 8hrs+) to the point where it'd routinely influence 5digit purchase decisions, is an objective rarity; thus, let's use a configuration that maximizes cubic footage and make some revenue.

jfk777 wrote:

They've actually stated their interest previously in multiple LON gateways and have never limited their stateside gateways to solely BOS or JFK. Obviously, those are strong candidates, but I wouldn't be surprised to see EWR, FLL, and perhaps even MIA join the fray.

What is it the is NOT factual ?

JB is not going to be a force since their planes are half the size of al the other airlines in the market, that is a niche. sorry if you dislike my adjective.

They are using an A321, no dispute here.

They aren't going to LHR, they are not going to have 3,4,5,6 or more frequencies.

What are YOUR facts that are so different ?

I await your response. sir.

ContinentalEWR

Tue Feb 02, 2021 12:45 pm

Really nice cabins and for sure something a little different than the pack. Well done B6. I think there is a market for B6 to chase here, but in the end, it will be a niche operation. The dynamics of the US-London, and specifically the heavily traveled NE to LON market is changing mostly as a consequence of Brexit and the pandemic as well. The bread and butter corporate contracts of this market are owned by the financial services industry, and with jobs and functions migrating to other European capitals (Paris, Frankfurt, Madrid), there will be a natural drop in demand even after the pandemic subsides and business travel (currently flatlined) will rebound very slowly. I don't see B6 getting LHR access without paying tens of millions of dollars per slot, and suspect this much ballyhooed foray into the TATL market will land at LGW or perhaps STN, each of which have its advantages over LHR but hardly game changing either.

Still, they've got a nice and competitive product and will compete on price and product, the same way they have on the transcon market where MINT was introduced.

tphuang

Tue Feb 02, 2021 1:12 pm

jfk777 wrote:
LAX772LR wrote:
IFlyVeryLittle wrote:

jfk777 wrote:

JB is not going to be a force since their planes are half the size of al the other airlines in the market, that is a niche. sorry if you dislike my adjective.

They aren't going to LHR, they are not going to have 3,4,5,6 or more frequencies.

If they are going to LGW, then they will definitely have the slots needed to fly as many frequencies as they want. They have already stated on record that they plan to add flights to London until the prices come down. At least the 6 A321LR deliveries till end of 2022 are all planned for London.

jfk777

Tue Feb 02, 2021 1:25 pm

JB entering the FLL & MIA to London will find it extremely challenging as many other have failed in taking on AA/BA and Virgin. Delta tried from MIA to LHR in 2008 when LHR was opened and lasted about two years. Norwegian tried from FLL then moved the flight to MIami, Covid essentially killed a Norwegian. Recently even BA had a LGW to FLL with 777-200ER that was withdrawn preferring to concentrate on their double daily MIA to LHR.

IF JB wants to do FLL to London good luck to them, they may need a longer range airplane then an A321LR.

catiii

Tue Feb 02, 2021 1:42 pm

jfk777 wrote:
JB entering the FLL & MIA to London will find it extremely challenging as many other have failed in taking on AA/BA and Virgin. Delta tried from MIA to LHR in 2008 when LHR was opened and lasted about two years. Norwegian tried from FLL then moved the flight to MIami, Covid essentially killed a Norwegian. Recently even BA had a LGW to FLL with 777-200ER that was withdrawn preferring to concentrate on their double daily MIA to LHR.

IF JB wants to do FLL to London good luck to them, they may need a longer range airplane then an A321LR.

The LR can’t do south Florida to London so it’s a moot point.

A330Inter

Tue Feb 02, 2021 1:52 pm

jfk777 wrote:
LAX772LR wrote:
jfk777 wrote:

The question was more where did you read that B6 will not get into LHR, for sure?

With Covid and many airlines scaling back for years to come I also think B6 can find slots in LHR, for free or cheap, they don't need too many.
Spicejet managed to grab some, CSA Czech came back, airlines likes Tunisair have lost theirs if I remember correctly, in my opinion (not facts...) B6 has a chance at getting LHR slots, should they wish for.
Nevertheless, LGW and STN are for sure all over them also to get their business

gonnagetbumpy

Tue Feb 02, 2021 2:03 pm

Definitely a couple of neat features. I think this configuration and general premise will be what we see for business class cabins in narrow body aircraft going forward (hello, UA on their Max 10). B6 also seems to be the launch carrier for several new trends that have been in the works (special front row). The trim and finish on the seats and the cabin leaves a lot to be desired (at least from photos). The dress cover also looks awful. Could they not design something that didn't look like a cheap Amtrak cover?

SunsetLimited

Tue Feb 02, 2021 2:11 pm

Does it look nice? Yes. Would it make me want to skip a wide body flight even if it offered a cabin that wasn’t quite as nice? Not a chance. Overall, looks pretty good for the B6 faithful.
Spread hope like fire.

vhtje

Tue Feb 02, 2021 3:00 pm

Opus99 wrote:
If this is what Jet blue wants to use for transatlantic, BA etc have a big problem

Why? There are only two of the slightly larger "studios" per aircraft; I don't see such a big difference between the standard JetBlue Suites and BA's ClubSuite.

JetBlue won't have the facilities in London that BA offers and customers value, particularly premium frequent flyers. JetBlue will not be flying from LHR, being awarded slots at LGW and STN. If you are in the right terminal, Gatters is okay-ish, but Stansted is a hellhole no premium passenger will go near.

Look, I wish JetBlue well, and this product looks fantastic. But "BA etc have a big problem"...? I think not.

Not yet, anyway.
Last edited by vhtje on Tue Feb 02, 2021 3:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I only turn left when boarding aircraft. Well, mostly. All right, sometimes. OH OKAY - rarely.

res77W

Tue Feb 02, 2021 3:03 pm

QXAS wrote:
Hopefully the BE Diamonds on DL and UA go with the 757s. Obviously AA still has them on their A321T but in that case it’s not their most premium product.

Would a seat like the Safran Fusio work on a narrowbody?

-Rowen

whisperjet727

Tue Feb 02, 2021 3:26 pm

Seat1D wrote:

The best part about Mint...no families!

Aptivaboy

Tue Feb 02, 2021 3:39 pm

This looks so nice. I dream of being able to fly transcon from SoCal to the East Coast, and then on to Europe in this set up.

Opus99

Tue Feb 02, 2021 3:41 pm

vhtje wrote:
Opus99 wrote:
If this is what Jet blue wants to use for transatlantic, BA etc have a big problem

Why? There are only two of the slightly larger "studios" per aircraft; I don't see such a big difference between the standard JetBlue Suites and BA's ClubSuite.

JetBlue won't have the facilities in London that BA offers and customers value, particularly premium frequent flyers. JetBlue will not be flying from LHR, being awarded slots at LGW and STN. If you are in the right terminal, Gatters is okay-ish, but Stansted is a hellhole no premium passenger will go near.

Look, I wish JetBlue well, and this product looks fantastic. But "BA etc have a big problem"...? I think not.

Not yet, anyway.

Further up thread I balanced out this statement

smflyer

Tue Feb 02, 2021 3:50 pm

is this the same seat UA plans on their 737-10 max for transcon service?

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos