Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

 
Wneast
Posts: 963
Joined: Sun Jan 31, 2021 11:37 pm

Re: Burbank Airport Aviation Thread - 2021

Thu Jul 08, 2021 10:00 pm

nine4nine wrote:
Wneast wrote:
[list[/list]
nine4nine wrote:
BUR gets its first international service. Canadian startup Flair with service to Vancouver, Calgary, and Toronto. Wow never saw this one coming. 2021 has been the hugest growth year for BUR!
Got think BUR will be maxed out sooner or later isn’t another expansion from Avelo coming ? On another thread apparently they might go head to head on a strong WN route ?



Avelo has axed 3 routes, 1 being seasonal the other two underperforming after September but will be adding additional routes and not flying I believe Thursday and Saturdays.

The only strong WN route I could see them adding is either MDW or HOU to connect to HQ and the soon operational east coast base.

Remember UA dumped a handful of flights, WN doesn’t have the high frequency intra-Cal flights they did pre-covid, and NK went from 3x to 1x daily. DL cut 2x ATL and B6 dropped BOS. So with Avelo, Flair and F9 entering, things should still be pretty comfy gate wise for the time being.

I’m seeing WN 9 daily to SJC and 10 daily SMF in the fall so is that really cutting of routes ?
 
Wneast
Posts: 963
Joined: Sun Jan 31, 2021 11:37 pm

Re: Burbank Airport Aviation Thread - 2021

Fri Jul 09, 2021 5:09 am

It’s going to happen most likely WN will add hawaii but is there any other adds they could add out of BUR that would make sense they seem pretty covered unless they want BWI ?
 
nine4nine
Posts: 800
Joined: Tue Mar 28, 2017 3:44 pm

Re: Burbank Airport Aviation Thread - 2021

Fri Jul 09, 2021 5:15 am

Wneast wrote:
It’s going to happen most likely WN will add hawaii but is there any other adds they could add out of BUR that would make sense they seem pretty covered unless they want BWI ?


BWI would be good. I’d love FLL one day personally.
717, 727-100, 727-200, 732, 733, 734, 735, 73G, 738, 739, 742, 748, 752, 753, 762, 763, 772, 77W, 787-10, DC9, MD80/88/90, DC10, 319, 220-300, 320, 321, 321n, 332, 333, CS100, CRJ200, Q400, E175, E190, ERJ145, EMB120
 
Wneast
Posts: 963
Joined: Sun Jan 31, 2021 11:37 pm

Re: Burbank Airport Aviation Thread - 2021

Fri Jul 09, 2021 5:17 am

nine4nine wrote:
Wneast wrote:
It’s going to happen most likely WN will add hawaii but is there any other adds they could add out of BUR that would make sense they seem pretty covered unless they want BWI ?


BWI would be good. I’d love FLL one day personally.

Would MCO make more sense or could they add both ?
 
Wneast
Posts: 963
Joined: Sun Jan 31, 2021 11:37 pm

Re: Burbank Airport Aviation Thread - 2021

Fri Jul 09, 2021 5:21 am

Wneast wrote:
nine4nine wrote:
Wneast wrote:
It’s going to happen most likely WN will add hawaii but is there any other adds they could add out of BUR that would make sense they seem pretty covered unless they want BWI ?


BWI would be good. I’d love FLL one day personally.

Would MCO make more sense or could they add both ?
I mean but they don’t have both of those from LAX but who knows.... in the winter I think we see OGG and HNL hopefully
 
nine4nine
Posts: 800
Joined: Tue Mar 28, 2017 3:44 pm

Re: Burbank Airport Aviation Thread - 2021

Fri Jul 09, 2021 5:57 pm

Wneast wrote:
Wneast wrote:
nine4nine wrote:

BWI would be good. I’d love FLL one day personally.

Would MCO make more sense or could they add both ?
I mean but they don’t have both of those from LAX but who knows.... in the winter I think we see OGG and HNL hopefully



Is that when the MAX7 comes online? I’m sure WN Hawaii service is in the pipeline but dependent on the MAX7 for performance and no payload penalties/restrictions. Anyone think HA will strike first on this route since the 321n is clearly capable?

Did the AQ BUR-HNL, BUR-OGG flights a handful of times, great experience!
717, 727-100, 727-200, 732, 733, 734, 735, 73G, 738, 739, 742, 748, 752, 753, 762, 763, 772, 77W, 787-10, DC9, MD80/88/90, DC10, 319, 220-300, 320, 321, 321n, 332, 333, CS100, CRJ200, Q400, E175, E190, ERJ145, EMB120
 
Wneast
Posts: 963
Joined: Sun Jan 31, 2021 11:37 pm

Re: Burbank Airport Aviation Thread - 2021

Fri Jul 09, 2021 8:51 pm

nine4nine wrote:
Wneast wrote:
Wneast wrote:
Would MCO make more sense or could they add both ?
I mean but they don’t have both of those from LAX but who knows.... in the winter I think we see OGG and HNL hopefully



Is that when the MAX7 comes online? I’m sure WN Hawaii service is in the pipeline but dependent on the MAX7 for performance and no payload penalties/restrictions. Anyone think HA will strike first on this route since the 321n is clearly capable?

Did the AQ BUR-HNL, BUR-OGG flights a handful of times, great experience!

Yes it could be added by winter with the Max 8 I have heard conflicting things but the Max 8 should be able to do BUR without problems but it can’t do SNA witch is when the Max 7 will come in and for DEN and smaller cities
 
Wneast
Posts: 963
Joined: Sun Jan 31, 2021 11:37 pm

Re: Burbank Airport Aviation Thread - 2021

Wed Jul 14, 2021 1:57 am

Is flair still coming to BUR it was taken off there website ?
 
User avatar
RWA380
Posts: 5898
Joined: Fri Feb 18, 2005 10:51 am

Re: Burbank Airport Aviation Thread - 2021

Wed Jul 14, 2021 4:10 am

Wneast wrote:
Is flair still coming to BUR it was taken off there website ?


Does BUR have FIS? If not, that is what stopped AS from flying YVR-SNA, when SNA did not have FIS facilities. IDK for sure, but I'm skeptical if BUR does, or they'd have at least SJD or PVR.
707 717 720 727-1/2 737-1/2/3/4/5/6/7/8/9 747-1/2/3/4 757-2/3 767-2/3/4 777-2/3 DC8 DC9 MD80/2/7/8 D10-1/3/4 M11 L10-1/2/5 A300/310/320
AA AC AQ AS BA BD BN CO CS DL EA EZ HA HG HP KL KN MP MW NK NW OZ PA PS QX RC RH RW SA TG TW UA US VS WA WC WN WP YS 8M
 
Wneast
Posts: 963
Joined: Sun Jan 31, 2021 11:37 pm

Re: Burbank Airport Aviation Thread - 2021

Wed Jul 14, 2021 4:12 am

RWA380 wrote:
Wneast wrote:
Is flair still coming to BUR it was taken off there website ?


Does BUR have FIS? If not, that is what stopped AS from flying YVR-SNA, when SNA did not have FIS facilities. IDK for sure, but I'm skeptical if BUR does, or they'd have at least SJD or PVR.

I don’t think they do but someone said they could do it so I’m not sure
 
Chemist
Posts: 933
Joined: Tue Oct 20, 2015 4:46 am

Re: Burbank Airport Aviation Thread - 2021

Wed Jul 14, 2021 5:40 am

As far as I know, no FIS in BUR and certainly has not been in the last 20 years, as I fly out of there a lot. I guess I could be wrong. Don't know how hard it would be to put in place. Could they use cities that have US FIS at the destination as some do?
 
wnflyguy
Posts: 2498
Joined: Thu Feb 10, 2011 7:58 pm

Re: Burbank Airport Aviation Thread - 2021

Wed Jul 14, 2021 3:11 pm

Burbank does not have the Terminal space or the ability to process international flights. Air Canada and WestJet Both expressed interest years ago but the NIMBY rejected the proposal for FIS being added to the current and planned new terminal.

Enjoy or don’t
Flyguy
My Wings are clipped just another Retired Airline person. The Ultimate Armchair out of the loop airline industry geek. Aloha Mr Hand!
 
nine4nine
Posts: 800
Joined: Tue Mar 28, 2017 3:44 pm

Re: Burbank Airport Aviation Thread - 2021

Wed Jul 14, 2021 4:09 pm

Wneast wrote:
Is flair still coming to BUR it was taken off there website ?



It’s still listed on their website.
717, 727-100, 727-200, 732, 733, 734, 735, 73G, 738, 739, 742, 748, 752, 753, 762, 763, 772, 77W, 787-10, DC9, MD80/88/90, DC10, 319, 220-300, 320, 321, 321n, 332, 333, CS100, CRJ200, Q400, E175, E190, ERJ145, EMB120
 
Cubsrule
Posts: 15264
Joined: Sat May 15, 2004 12:13 pm

Re: Burbank Airport Aviation Thread - 2021

Wed Jul 14, 2021 4:12 pm

wnflyguy wrote:
Burbank does not have the Terminal space or the ability to process international flights. Air Canada and WestJet Both expressed interest years ago but the NIMBY rejected the proposal for FIS being added to the current and planned new terminal.

Enjoy or don’t
Flyguy


BUR doesn't need FIS to handle precleared flights. It would need a plan to handle reclearance in the event that that were necessary for some reason.
I can't decide whether I miss the tulip or the bowling shoe more
 
User avatar
RWA380
Posts: 5898
Joined: Fri Feb 18, 2005 10:51 am

Re: Burbank Airport Aviation Thread - 2021

Wed Jul 14, 2021 7:11 pm

Cubsrule wrote:
wnflyguy wrote:
Burbank does not have the Terminal space or the ability to process international flights. Air Canada and WestJet Both expressed interest years ago but the NIMBY rejected the proposal for FIS being added to the current and planned new terminal.

Enjoy or don’t
Flyguy


BUR doesn't need FIS to handle precleared flights. It would need a plan to handle reclearance in the event that that were necessary for some reason.


That isn't correct, the day of, or day before AS was to start YVR-SNA, they were stopped, purely because SNA did not have FIS at the time & if needed, those flights need to option of rescreening upon arrival. Unless the laws have changed since then.
707 717 720 727-1/2 737-1/2/3/4/5/6/7/8/9 747-1/2/3/4 757-2/3 767-2/3/4 777-2/3 DC8 DC9 MD80/2/7/8 D10-1/3/4 M11 L10-1/2/5 A300/310/320
AA AC AQ AS BA BD BN CO CS DL EA EZ HA HG HP KL KN MP MW NK NW OZ PA PS QX RC RH RW SA TG TW UA US VS WA WC WN WP YS 8M
 
Cubsrule
Posts: 15264
Joined: Sat May 15, 2004 12:13 pm

Re: Burbank Airport Aviation Thread - 2021

Wed Jul 14, 2021 7:41 pm

RWA380 wrote:
Cubsrule wrote:
wnflyguy wrote:
Burbank does not have the Terminal space or the ability to process international flights. Air Canada and WestJet Both expressed interest years ago but the NIMBY rejected the proposal for FIS being added to the current and planned new terminal.

Enjoy or don’t
Flyguy


BUR doesn't need FIS to handle precleared flights. It would need a plan to handle reclearance in the event that that were necessary for some reason.


That isn't correct, the day of, or day before AS was to start YVR-SNA, they were stopped, purely because SNA did not have FIS at the time & if needed, those flights need to option of rescreening upon arrival. Unless the laws have changed since then.


The option of rescreening on arrival doesn't require FIS. That's why DCA and LGA handle dozens of precleared flights per day without FIS.
I can't decide whether I miss the tulip or the bowling shoe more
 
Wneast
Posts: 963
Joined: Sun Jan 31, 2021 11:37 pm

Re: Burbank Airport Aviation Thread - 2021

Wed Jul 14, 2021 10:53 pm

nine4nine wrote:
Wneast wrote:
Is flair still coming to BUR it was taken off there website ?



It’s still listed on their website.

What are you looking at it’s not listed on there it’s says new destinations and BUR is not on there
 
nine4nine
Posts: 800
Joined: Tue Mar 28, 2017 3:44 pm

Re: Burbank Airport Aviation Thread - 2021

Wed Jul 14, 2021 11:18 pm

Wneast wrote:
nine4nine wrote:
Wneast wrote:
Is flair still coming to BUR it was taken off there website ?



It’s still listed on their website.

What are you looking at it’s not listed on there it’s says new destinations and BUR is not on there


I’m looking at it right now.

US-Coming Soon
Fort Lauderdale
Hollywood Burbank
Las Vegas
Orlando Sanford
Palm Springs
Phoenix-Mesa


The official BUR webpage also added it today as well.
717, 727-100, 727-200, 732, 733, 734, 735, 73G, 738, 739, 742, 748, 752, 753, 762, 763, 772, 77W, 787-10, DC9, MD80/88/90, DC10, 319, 220-300, 320, 321, 321n, 332, 333, CS100, CRJ200, Q400, E175, E190, ERJ145, EMB120
 
Wneast
Posts: 963
Joined: Sun Jan 31, 2021 11:37 pm

Re: Burbank Airport Aviation Thread - 2021

Wed Jul 14, 2021 11:21 pm

nine4nine wrote:
Wneast wrote:
nine4nine wrote:


It’s still listed on their website.

What are you looking at it’s not listed on there it’s says new destinations and BUR is not on there


I’m looking at it right now.

US-Coming Soon
Fort Lauderdale
Hollywood Burbank
Las Vegas
Orlando Sanford
Palm Springs
Phoenix-Mesa


The official BUR webpage also added it today as well.

Where are you looking I’m on there website and this is what it shows https://flights.flyflair.com/en-ca/us-routes
 
nine4nine
Posts: 800
Joined: Tue Mar 28, 2017 3:44 pm

Re: Burbank Airport Aviation Thread - 2021

Wed Jul 14, 2021 11:52 pm

Wneast wrote:
nine4nine wrote:
Wneast wrote:
What are you looking at it’s not listed on there it’s says new destinations and BUR is not on there


I’m looking at it right now.

US-Coming Soon
Fort Lauderdale
Hollywood Burbank
Las Vegas
Orlando Sanford
Palm Springs
Phoenix-Mesa


The official BUR webpage also added it today as well.

Where are you looking I’m on there website and this is what it shows https://flights.flyflair.com/en-ca/us-routes


Seeing it here

https://flyflair.com/where-we-fly
717, 727-100, 727-200, 732, 733, 734, 735, 73G, 738, 739, 742, 748, 752, 753, 762, 763, 772, 77W, 787-10, DC9, MD80/88/90, DC10, 319, 220-300, 320, 321, 321n, 332, 333, CS100, CRJ200, Q400, E175, E190, ERJ145, EMB120
 
Wneast
Posts: 963
Joined: Sun Jan 31, 2021 11:37 pm

Re: Burbank Airport Aviation Thread - 2021

Wed Jul 14, 2021 11:55 pm

nine4nine wrote:
Wneast wrote:
nine4nine wrote:

I’m looking at it right now.

US-Coming Soon
Fort Lauderdale
Hollywood Burbank
Las Vegas
Orlando Sanford
Palm Springs
Phoenix-Mesa


The official BUR webpage also added it today as well.

Where are you looking I’m on there website and this is what it shows https://flights.flyflair.com/en-ca/us-routes


Seeing it here

https://flyflair.com/where-we-fly

That’s weird then
 
nine4nine
Posts: 800
Joined: Tue Mar 28, 2017 3:44 pm

Re: Burbank Airport Aviation Thread - 2021

Thu Jul 15, 2021 5:26 pm

Congrats to F9 on their inaugural launch at BUR today. F9324 is wheels up and heading for DEN. Look forward to seeing them grow here after pulling down LAX.
717, 727-100, 727-200, 732, 733, 734, 735, 73G, 738, 739, 742, 748, 752, 753, 762, 763, 772, 77W, 787-10, DC9, MD80/88/90, DC10, 319, 220-300, 320, 321, 321n, 332, 333, CS100, CRJ200, Q400, E175, E190, ERJ145, EMB120
 
wnflyguy
Posts: 2498
Joined: Thu Feb 10, 2011 7:58 pm

Re: Burbank Airport Aviation Thread - 2021

Thu Jul 15, 2021 5:44 pm

nine4nine wrote:
Congrats to F9 on their inaugural launch at BUR today. F9324 is wheels up and heading for DEN. Look forward to seeing them grow here after pulling down LAX.

What gate did they use?

Flyguy
My Wings are clipped just another Retired Airline person. The Ultimate Armchair out of the loop airline industry geek. Aloha Mr Hand!
 
nine4nine
Posts: 800
Joined: Tue Mar 28, 2017 3:44 pm

Re: Burbank Airport Aviation Thread - 2021

Thu Jul 15, 2021 6:08 pm

wnflyguy wrote:
nine4nine wrote:
Congrats to F9 on their inaugural launch at BUR today. F9324 is wheels up and heading for DEN. Look forward to seeing them grow here after pulling down LAX.

What gate did they use?

Flyguy


Looks to have been B2
717, 727-100, 727-200, 732, 733, 734, 735, 73G, 738, 739, 742, 748, 752, 753, 762, 763, 772, 77W, 787-10, DC9, MD80/88/90, DC10, 319, 220-300, 320, 321, 321n, 332, 333, CS100, CRJ200, Q400, E175, E190, ERJ145, EMB120
 
phllax
Posts: 690
Joined: Wed Jan 11, 2006 6:53 am

Re: Burbank Airport Aviation Thread - 2021

Thu Jul 15, 2021 6:22 pm

nine4nine wrote:
wnflyguy wrote:
nine4nine wrote:
Congrats to F9 on their inaugural launch at BUR today. F9324 is wheels up and heading for DEN. Look forward to seeing them grow here after pulling down LAX.

What gate did they use?

Flyguy


Looks to have been B2


B1 per F9 website.

I guess that's why DL was relocated to A5 yesterday, need more room on the ramp.
 
sfojvjets
Posts: 199
Joined: Sun Dec 06, 2020 6:00 am

Re: Burbank Airport Aviation Thread - 2021

Thu Jul 15, 2021 7:09 pm

Wneast wrote:
nine4nine wrote:
Wneast wrote:
Where are you looking I’m on there website and this is what it shows https://flights.flyflair.com/en-ca/us-routes


Seeing it here

https://flyflair.com/where-we-fly

That’s weird then

If you click on it, the page is unavailable. It makes sense. I think it's fair to say that they have cut BUR, they just forgot to remove it from this part of the website.
https://flights.flyflair.com/en-ca/flights-to-burbank
 
jplatts
Posts: 4704
Joined: Sat Mar 18, 2017 6:42 pm

Re: Burbank Airport Aviation Thread - 2021

Sun Jul 18, 2021 3:15 am

Here are the number of passengers, number of seats, and load factors for WN flights out of BUR in April 2021:
BNA-BUR - 4094 passengers, 6008 seats, 68.14% load factor
BUR-DAL - 2319 passengers, 3210 seats, 72.24% load factor
BUR-DEN - 14897 passengers, 20088 seats, 74.16% load factor
BUR-LAS - 27142 passengers, 39096 seats, 69.42% load factor
BUR-OAK - 16701 passengers, 24888 seats, 67.10% load factor
BUR-PHX - 22870 passengers, 28698 seats, 79.69% load factor
BUR-SFO - 5839 passengers, 11794 seats, 49.51% load factor
BUR-SJC - 11120 passengers, 20534 seats, 54.15% load factor
BUR-SMF - 13034 passengers, 17864 seats, 72.96% load factor
 
nine4nine
Posts: 800
Joined: Tue Mar 28, 2017 3:44 pm

Re: Burbank Airport Aviation Thread - 2021

Sun Jul 18, 2021 5:04 pm

Any spotters in the BUR area today. UA2507 (Dodgers Charter) typically a 752 is operated with a 753 today with 6:15p arrival. I believe first ever 753 visit to BUR.
717, 727-100, 727-200, 732, 733, 734, 735, 73G, 738, 739, 742, 748, 752, 753, 762, 763, 772, 77W, 787-10, DC9, MD80/88/90, DC10, 319, 220-300, 320, 321, 321n, 332, 333, CS100, CRJ200, Q400, E175, E190, ERJ145, EMB120
 
nine4nine
Posts: 800
Joined: Tue Mar 28, 2017 3:44 pm

Re: Burbank Airport Aviation Thread - 2021

Fri Aug 20, 2021 8:07 pm

Official today Flair has re-added Canadian flights from BUR and are bookable. Official BUR Instagram put out a blast moments ago.

YEG 1/27/22
YVR 11/18/21
717, 727-100, 727-200, 732, 733, 734, 735, 73G, 738, 739, 742, 748, 752, 753, 762, 763, 772, 77W, 787-10, DC9, MD80/88/90, DC10, 319, 220-300, 320, 321, 321n, 332, 333, CS100, CRJ200, Q400, E175, E190, ERJ145, EMB120
 
nine4nine
Posts: 800
Joined: Tue Mar 28, 2017 3:44 pm

Re: Burbank Airport Aviation Thread - 2021

Fri Aug 20, 2021 10:55 pm

Just booked for thanksgiving weekend in Vancouver. Looking forward to this experience on Flair
717, 727-100, 727-200, 732, 733, 734, 735, 73G, 738, 739, 742, 748, 752, 753, 762, 763, 772, 77W, 787-10, DC9, MD80/88/90, DC10, 319, 220-300, 320, 321, 321n, 332, 333, CS100, CRJ200, Q400, E175, E190, ERJ145, EMB120
 
User avatar
airportugal310
Posts: 3729
Joined: Sun Apr 11, 2004 12:49 pm

Re: Burbank Airport Aviation Thread - 2021

Fri Aug 20, 2021 10:56 pm

Doink!

https://ktla.com/news/local-news/parked ... -expected/

Looks to be AA and AS involved
“They bought their tickets, they knew what they were getting into. I say, let 'em crash.”
 
alasizon
Posts: 3038
Joined: Sat Apr 28, 2007 8:57 pm

Re: Burbank Airport Aviation Thread - 2021

Sat Aug 21, 2021 2:47 am

airportugal310 wrote:
Doink!

https://ktla.com/news/local-news/parked ... -expected/

Looks to be AA and AS involved


Just AA helping AS get rid of their Airbuses sooner. Am trying to figure out how this happened, typically one wouldn't tow that way through the B gates as there is no real line to follow so seems like GAT will have some explaining to do. Also very briefly looks like the 320 is parked about 2' short of the stop bar but that may have been from the impact depending on how fast the 738 was under tow.
Airport (noun) - A construction site which airplanes tend to frequent

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos