Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

GalaxyFlyer

Re: Trump's Parked 757 N757AF

Tue Mar 23, 2021 2:33 pm

Revelation wrote:
GalaxyFlyer wrote:
I’m pretty sure TAG doesn’t operate in the US anymore. The FAA had issues over foreign ownership which was somewhat obscure and maybe unsavory

I'm shocked, truly shocked, that DT would have anything to do with such an outfit.

TAG was, in the US, one of the largest charter/management companies operating and very controversial FAA action based on foreign ownership and post-9/11 politics. They are still very big in Europe, Asia, and ME. Google was with TAG at one point operating a 767. Let go, he’s moved on but you haven’t

MO11

Tue Mar 23, 2021 3:07 pm

GalaxyFlyer wrote:
Revelation wrote:
GalaxyFlyer wrote:
I’m pretty sure TAG doesn’t operate in the US anymore. The FAA had issues over foreign ownership which was somewhat obscure and maybe unsavory

I'm shocked, truly shocked, that DT would have anything to do with such an outfit.

TAG was, in the US, one of the largest charter/management companies operating and very controversial FAA action based on foreign ownership and post-9/11 politics. They are still very big in Europe, Asia, and ME. Google was with TAG at one point operating a 767. Let go, he’s moved on but you haven’t

Hang on...

First, the TAG Air Inc. that operates the 757 (and Citation) is a Trump-owned company. It is not related to TAG Aviation.

Second, the TAG Aviation in Europe/Asia has sold off all of its charter/management/FBO operations. TAG Aviation Holdings remains simply as a holding company.

FLALEFTY

Tue Mar 23, 2021 4:22 pm

Revelation wrote:
GalaxyFlyer wrote:

TAG Aviation USA was shut down by the FAA for irregularities, but only temporarily. However, the FAA let them off the hook in 2007 after TAG paid a $10M fine, agreed to divest themselves of Elan Express (a Part 125 operation that conducted flight ops for Google/Alphabet's Sergey Brin and Larry Page's B767) and sold their 49% share of TAG Aviation USA to Sentient Flight Group.

https://www.ainonline.com/aviation-news ... aa-dispute

TAG's website makes no mention of having any USA-based operations these days:

https://www.tagaviation.com/en/about-us/

GalaxyFlyer

Tue Mar 23, 2021 4:34 pm

MO11 wrote:
GalaxyFlyer wrote:
Revelation wrote:

Hang on...

First, the TAG Air Inc. that operates the 757 (and Citation) is a Trump-owned company. It is not related to TAG Aviation.

Second, the TAG Aviation in Europe/Asia has sold off all of its charter/management/FBO operations. TAG Aviation Holdings remains simply as a holding company.

Re-read post #88, this thread where the poster stated it was managed by TAG Aviation, Swiss-owned. Respond to him for posting erroneous info.

FLALEFTY

Tue Mar 23, 2021 4:43 pm

MO11 wrote:
GalaxyFlyer wrote:
Revelation wrote:

Hang on...

Apparently you are correct. TAG Air, Inc. was a Seattle-based subsidiary that was related to Paul Allen's Vulcan Northwest holding company, which previously owned N757AF. Trump apparently bought TAG Air, Inc. with the plane. But this makes me wonder if Vulcan might still be managing/crewing/maintaining the plane under a Trump annual contract? If so, this could explain much, such as N757AF's current derelict condition?

Well, at least we have eliminated the defunct, TAG Aviation USA from the analysis...

https://www.nwnewsnetwork.org/post/trum ... washington

integrator

Tue Mar 23, 2021 4:51 pm

KrustyTheKlown wrote:
cedarjet wrote:
I think it’s more about ability and willingness to pay. This is the bird that got the water cannon salute taxiing into La Guardia the day after the 2016 election. Now shabby and abandoned with a missing engine in rural New York state. What a difference four years makes.

IFlyVeryLittle wrote:
Would a person like Trump fly with anything but Rolls-Royce engines?

I’m really surprised he used a foreign engine. What happened to make America great again?

The engines on this plane were chosen by Sterling Airways, a defunct low cost airline from Denmark.

Then the plane went to another defunct low cost airline (Mexico's Taesa), then to Paul Allen and then to him.

Sorry, have to correct that one...

Yes MSN:25155 was Sterling Airways first and only 757 (OY-SHA) acquired prior to their 1993 Bankruptcy. So yes, they chose the engines but they were certainly not a Low Cost Carrier!

Sterling Airways was once the world’s largest charter airline with a fleet of SÜD Caravelle’s and 727’s moving Sun hungry Scandinavian’s from the north of Europe to destinations throughout the world. I flew on OY-SHA back to CPH from the Caribbean in 1991…

After the 1993 bankruptcy, Sterling Airways re-emerged in 1994 as Sterling European Airlines, still focusing on charters. By now, OY-SHA had passed on to TAESA of Mexico.

In 2001, Sterling European Airlines, now under Fred Olsen Lines ownership decided to become a Low Cost carrier.

In 2005, Sterling European Airlines was merged with the remains of Maersk Air to form Sterling Airlines A/S. Who in turn went out of business in 2008 forever taking away the proud Sterling name. The Airline of my youth...

Cheers

MO11

Tue Mar 23, 2021 5:37 pm

FLALEFTY wrote:
MO11 wrote:
GalaxyFlyer wrote:

Hang on...

Apparently you are correct. TAG Air, Inc. was a Seattle-based subsidiary that was related to Paul Allen's Vulcan Northwest holding company, which previously owned N757AF. Trump apparently bought TAG Air, Inc. with the plane. But this makes me wonder if Vulcan might still be managing/crewing/maintaining the plane under a Trump annual contract? If so, this could explain much, such as N757AF's current derelict condition?

Well, at least we have eliminated the defunct, TAG Aviation USA from the analysis...

https://www.nwnewsnetwork.org/post/trum ... washington

TAG Air (FAR 125) has a different FAA certificate number than the one that Vulcan Northwest had. And it's certificate issue date was 2003; Vulcan Northwest's certificate existed well beyond that.

readytotaxi

Tue Mar 23, 2021 6:15 pm

Trump has access to the monies for an engine repair, seems he has lost interest in it after flying AF1.
you don't get a second chance to make a first impression!
Growing older, but not up.

Zidane

Tue Mar 23, 2021 6:48 pm

In her past life with Sterling Airways, making a spectacular landing at the tiny Horta Airport (Azores). https://youtu.be/lHT2GlY7UQk

Elementalism

Tue Mar 23, 2021 8:40 pm

JohanTally wrote:
The plane is 30 years old and is probably unlikely to return to service. Let's avoid political rhetoric

Given this was Paul Allens plane then Trumps. How many cycles does this plane have? I bet it is very low for a 30 year old plane.

flyingclrs727

Tue Mar 23, 2021 9:20 pm

Elementalism wrote:
JohanTally wrote:
The plane is 30 years old and is probably unlikely to return to service. Let's avoid political rhetoric

Given this was Paul Allens plane then Trumps. How many cycles does this plane have? I bet it is very low for a 30 year old plane.

I bet the limitations are how long Boeing supports the 757 and Rolls Royce supports the engines. Typically planes like a 757 get sold for conversion when a D check is due. I doubt the airframe would ever need another D check given the low hours a private plane like this accumulates.

Lootess

Wed Mar 24, 2021 5:33 am

Trump uses his citation nowadays, you can imagine the lower profile he can make with that over the 757, and also lower flight-per-hour cost.

He's also not hauling around a staff regularly since he still isn't running Trump Organization anymore, his sons do. Plus he probably won't be anytime soon since he's still active in politics. But you can bet at a snap of a finger the moth balls would be removed right away if he wanted to.

32andBelow

Wed Mar 24, 2021 6:13 am

[photoid][/photoid]
Lootess wrote:
Trump uses his citation nowadays, you can imagine the lower profile he can make with that over the 757, and also lower flight-per-hour cost.

He's also not hauling around a staff regularly since he still isn't running Trump Organization anymore, his sons do. Plus he probably won't be anytime soon since he's still active in politics. But you can bet at a snap of a finger the moth balls would be removed right away if he wanted to.

Lol Trump and lower profile

rj1385

Wed Mar 24, 2021 11:48 pm

Wasn't there a scrapping company that used to be located where the plane is now?
Funnier thing would be if the plane is being held hostage due to storage fees not being paid.

bobd6

Sat May 22, 2021 1:44 am

Looks like the 757 will fly again according to DJT on his website. “ It will soon be brought to a Louisiana service facility for the completion of work, inspection and updating of Rolls-Royce engines, and a brand new paint job.”

DaCubbyBearBar

Sat May 22, 2021 2:52 am

Wasn’t this plane missing an engine? Will have to keep an eye out to see if it moves
I am me and no one else...so my opinions are mine

Flyglobal

Sat May 22, 2021 6:00 am

Paint job will eventually be AF1 look alike?

tomaheath

Sat May 22, 2021 9:49 am

Flyglobal wrote:

I could see it being a more patriotic livery tho.

tomaheath

Sat May 22, 2021 9:50 am

bobd6 wrote:
Looks like the 757 will fly again according to DJT on his website. “ It will soon be brought to a Louisiana service facility for the completion of work, inspection and updating of Rolls-Royce engines, and a brand new paint job.”

You have a link for that?

bobd6

Sat May 22, 2021 11:42 am

tomaheath wrote:
bobd6 wrote:

Hopefully not against the rules .... https://www.donaldjtrump.com/desk/desk-cc9k2cjkge/

bobd6

Sat May 22, 2021 11:44 am

tomaheath wrote:
Flyglobal wrote:

wouldn't be shocked if it rolls out in the AF1 livery variant that Trump proposed.

DLASFlyer

Sat May 22, 2021 11:54 am

bobd6 wrote:
tomaheath wrote:
Flyglobal wrote:

wouldn't be shocked if it rolls out in the AF1 livery variant that Trump proposed.

That would be a good way to guarantee the new AF1s don’t get the new livery. I wish they would, even though I’m no Trump fan. He did a good job with it.

SWADawg

Sat May 22, 2021 12:45 pm

DLASFlyer wrote:
bobd6 wrote:
tomaheath wrote:

That would be a good way to guarantee the new AF1s don’t get the new livery. I wish they would, even though I’m no Trump fan. He did a good job with it.

I liked it a lot, then I realized that it was essentially the last TWA livery before they were folded into AA. His late brother was a Captain for TWA so I thought it was fitting and maybe subconsciously he was drawn to the look. I’m still hoping that design gets used on the new AF1. That livery always did look the best on the 747.
My posts are my opinion only and do not reflect the views of Southwest Airlines

JannEejit

Sat May 22, 2021 1:26 pm

SWADawg wrote:
DLASFlyer wrote:
bobd6 wrote:

I liked it a lot, then I realized that it was essentially the last TWA livery before they were folded into AA. His late brother was a Captain for TWA so I thought it was fitting and maybe subconsciously he was drawn to the look. I’m still hoping that design gets used on the new AF1. That livery always did look the best on the 747.

I was thinking it's gonna look a lot like the final US Airways livery on a 757.

Dalmd88

Sat May 22, 2021 2:43 pm

flyingclrs727 wrote:
Elementalism wrote:
JohanTally wrote:

I bet the limitations are how long Boeing supports the 757 and Rolls Royce supports the engines. Typically planes like a 757 get sold for conversion when a D check is due. I doubt the airframe would ever need another D check given the low hours a private plane like this accumulates.

Most planes of this size that are operated in a corporate system still follow the same phase check program that an airline would. So every eight years it would come up for a major overhaul "D" type of check. Between those checks it would have hour and calendar day driven smaller 'A' and 'C' checks, just like an airline operated 757.

The amount of wear on the airplane s could be lighter, or possibly even heavier due to prolonged non use. Corrosion of the airframe could actually be higher if it just sits.

zuckie13

Sat May 22, 2021 5:16 pm

Should I translate "sometime before the end of the year" to mean "I really want to use my airplane, so hopefully in the next six months we can find the engine we need to actually fly it". Seems like it'd be more definitive if he actually had the engine.

tomaheath

Sat May 22, 2021 7:14 pm

tomaheath wrote:
bobd6 wrote:

Thanks. I usually follow that page but I guess I missed that post. Thanks again.

freakyrat

Sat May 22, 2021 9:51 pm

Revelation wrote:
Spacepope wrote:
Revelation wrote:
Yes, but they are big budget outfits with big fleets, not really the same as a one plane VIP fleet.

With money, anything is possible.

Right, but in this case we have one engine bagged and the other partially disassembled, no flights in four years, one engine said to be timed out. Money can fix that for sure, the real question is why hasn't it already?

Because he hasn't got enough donations from his followers to pay for it.

freakyrat

Sat May 22, 2021 9:52 pm

The airplane will probably get some RR engines to ferry it to a Louisiana Repair Facility for new engines, upgrades and paint. Most likely New Iberia, La.

UA444

Sun May 23, 2021 4:53 am

I interpreted “new paint job” as repaint in the current livery

Aesma

Sun May 23, 2021 5:52 am

zuckie13 wrote:
Should I translate "sometime before the end of the year" to mean "I really want to use my airplane, so hopefully in the next six months we can find the engine we need to actually fly it". Seems like it'd be more definitive if he actually had the engine.

Should I translate again "please give me more money or give me the engine please please and I will paint the plane in MAGA livery".
New Technology is the name we give to stuff that doesn't work yet. Douglas Adams

tjwgrr

Sun May 23, 2021 9:57 am

freakyrat wrote:
Revelation wrote:
Spacepope wrote:
With money, anything is possible.

Right, but in this case we have one engine bagged and the other partially disassembled, no flights in four years, one engine said to be timed out. Money can fix that for sure, the real question is why hasn't it already?

Because he hasn't got enough donations from his followers to pay for it.

Source? Please post link.
Direct KNOBS, maintain 2700' until established on the localizer, cleared ILS runway 26 left approach.

ghYHZ

Sun May 23, 2021 11:37 am

tomaheath wrote:
Flyglobal wrote:

With all the wildlife liveries you see.....perhaps 'Trumpy Bear' on the tail?

tomaheath

Sun May 23, 2021 1:47 pm

ghYHZ wrote:
tomaheath wrote:
Flyglobal wrote:

With all the wildlife liveries you see.....perhaps 'Trumpy Bear' on the tail?

Not really what I’d want to see. We’ll have to wait and see.

lightsaber

Sun May 23, 2021 2:18 pm

This is a civil aviation topic. Discuss the aircraft, livery, engines, components, and maintenance. Take the politics to non-av.
10 months without TV. The best decision of my life.

travaz

Sun May 23, 2021 4:16 pm

lightsaber wrote:
This is a civil aviation topic. Discuss the aircraft, livery, engines, components, and maintenance. Take the politics to non-av.

:checkmark: :checkmark: :checkmark: :checkmark: :checkmark:

Yes please its about an Aircraft.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos