Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

 
User avatar
EMBSPBR
Topic Author
Posts: 817
Joined: Thu Aug 10, 2017 9:03 pm

Embraer’s Phenom 300: ninth consecutive year the world’s best-selling light jet !

Thu Feb 25, 2021 1:16 am

Despite all the odds due to COVID-19 and a global drop in deliveries by new executive jets according to the
GAMA - General Aviation Manufacturers Association, it was not a bad year for Embraer's business jet division at all:

Source:
https://embraer.com/global/en/news?slug ... et-in-2020

Excerpt:

"Melbourne, USA, February 24, 2021 –
For the ninth consecutive year, Embraer’s Phenom 300 series has become the world’s best-selling light jet according to
numbers released today by the General Aviation Manufacturers Association (GAMA).
Embraer delivered 50 Phenom 300 series light jets in 2020, making it the most delivered light jet of the year.
This is the ninth consecutive year that the Phenom 300 series has achieved this milestone,
having accrued more than 590 deliveries since entering the market in December 2009.
In 2020, the Phenom 300 series was also the most delivered jet model out of all twinjets in the market."
 
Varsity1
Posts: 2316
Joined: Mon May 02, 2016 4:55 am

Re: Embraer’s Phenom 300: ninth consecutive year the world’s best-selling light jet !

Thu Feb 25, 2021 1:44 am

It is a great product.
 
canyonblue17
Posts: 737
Joined: Wed Oct 08, 2008 12:22 am

Re: Embraer’s Phenom 300: ninth consecutive year the world’s best-selling light jet !

Thu Feb 25, 2021 1:53 am

I had the chance to fly on a JetSuite Phenom 300. Quite the little rocket ship. Two of my favorites below.



negative ghostrider the pattern is full
 
User avatar
lightsaber
Moderator
Posts: 22681
Joined: Wed Jan 19, 2005 10:55 pm

Re: Embraer’s Phenom 300: ninth consecutive year the world’s best-selling light jet !

Thu Feb 25, 2021 2:46 am

The full GAMA summary of 2020 deliveries is here:
https://gama.aero/wp-content/uploads/20 ... 242021.pdf

Embraer did well. I only saw the Pilatus PC-24 as a jet that out delivered the 300E. Why two different numbers between the PR (50) and overall report (40)? Which is the typo?

I do wish Gulfstream snd Dasault wouldn't hide their slow selling models by lumping the entire product line together.

Embraer did well outselling the competition.

Lightsaber
10 months without TV. The best decision of my life.
 
GalaxyFlyer
Posts: 8074
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 2016 4:44 am

Re: Embraer’s Phenom 300: ninth consecutive year the world’s best-selling light jet !

Thu Feb 25, 2021 3:29 am

Wait a minute, BBD delivered 114 jets, Cessna 113 and Gulfstream 127; so, how’s that stack up to Embraer’s 86 deliveries? EMB revenue was about 1/6th of each of the above OEM’s. Cessna delivered 68 of their light jets—M2 and the CJ 3 and 4. There’s some cherry picking going on at the EMB Marketing department.
 
TTailedTiger
Posts: 2953
Joined: Sun Aug 26, 2018 5:19 am

Re: Embraer’s Phenom 300: ninth consecutive year the world’s best-selling light jet !

Thu Feb 25, 2021 3:37 am

GalaxyFlyer wrote:
Wait a minute, BBD delivered 114 jets, Cessna 113 and Gulfstream 127; so, how’s that stack up to Embraer’s 86 deliveries? EMB revenue was about 1/6th of each of the above OEM’s. Cessna delivered 68 of their light jets—M2 and the CJ 3 and 4. There’s some cherry picking going on at the EMB Marketing department.


Maybe it is model specific.
 
oldannyboy
Posts: 2657
Joined: Wed Jun 15, 2016 8:28 am

Re: Embraer’s Phenom 300: ninth consecutive year the world’s best-selling light jet !

Thu Feb 25, 2021 10:38 am

canyonblue17 wrote:
I had the chance to fly on a JetSuite Phenom 300. Quite the little rocket ship. Two of my favorites below.






Interesting. Could you kindly expand a little and say more about the experience...how does the jet feel, flies & behaves...is it quiet, stable, smooth... ?

Thanks!
 
User avatar
EMBSPBR
Topic Author
Posts: 817
Joined: Thu Aug 10, 2017 9:03 pm

Re: Embraer’s Phenom 300: ninth consecutive year the world’s best-selling light jet !

Thu Feb 25, 2021 1:43 pm

GalaxyFlyer wrote:
Wait a minute, BBD delivered 114 jets, Cessna 113 and Gulfstream 127; so, how’s that stack up to Embraer’s 86 deliveries? EMB revenue was about 1/6th of each of the above OEM’s. Cessna delivered 68 of their light jets—M2 and the CJ 3 and 4. There’s some cherry picking going on at the EMB Marketing department.


Galaxy Flyer, please read the tittle of the tread again: "light jet".

Source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Business_ ... light_jets

Business jets are categorized according to their size:

- very light jets - category of CE-525 Citation M2 and Phenom 100 among others;
- light jets - category of CE-525B Citation CJ3 (21 delivered), CE-525C-Citation CJ4 (24 delivered), Phenom 300 (10 delivered), Phenom 300E (40 delivered), among others;
- mid size jets - category of Citation XLS and Latitude, Legacy 450 and Praetor 500, among others;
- super mid size jets - category of Citation Sovereign, Legacy 500 and Praetor 600, among others;
- large jets - category of Citation Longitude and Legacy 650E, among others;
- long range jets - category of Gulfstream G650 and Global 6000 among others;
- VIP airliners - category of ACJ319 and Legacy 1000E among others.

So, as you see, there is nobody picking cherry at the EMB Marketing department ...
 
FlyinRabbit88
Posts: 117
Joined: Sun Mar 13, 2016 4:16 am

Re: Embraer’s Phenom 300: ninth consecutive year the world’s best-selling light jet !

Thu Feb 25, 2021 1:48 pm

Also impressive to see in that GAMA report Cirrus delivered 73 SF50 vision jets.
 
GalaxyFlyer
Posts: 8074
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 2016 4:44 am

Re: Embraer’s Phenom 300: ninth consecutive year the world’s best-selling light jet !

Thu Feb 25, 2021 3:48 pm

More marketing slicing and dicing of the bizjet market. Is there really any difference between mid-size and super mid-size? I worked in the business of selling these things, so I’m pretty familiar with marketing, sales and deliveries.

I’m sure EMB sold more Phenoms than any manufacturer of Phenoms, because there aren’t any. Let’s say, 15 years of real-world experience makes one a tad cynical.
 
chrisair
Posts: 2230
Joined: Fri Sep 01, 2000 11:32 pm

Re: Embraer’s Phenom 300: ninth consecutive year the world’s best-selling light jet !

Thu Feb 25, 2021 4:19 pm

GalaxyFlyer wrote:
Is there really any difference between mid-size and super mid-size?


Oh yes. Many more $$$ per hour(for jet cards). :lol:
 
User avatar
EMBSPBR
Topic Author
Posts: 817
Joined: Thu Aug 10, 2017 9:03 pm

Re: Embraer’s Phenom 300: ninth consecutive year the world’s best-selling light jet !

Thu Feb 25, 2021 4:37 pm

GalaxyFlyer wrote:
More marketing slicing and dicing of the bizjet market. Is there really any difference between mid-size and super mid-size?

Isn´t just "more slicing and dicing" of the bizjet market.

They are different categories:

Very light jets:
They have a maximum takeoff weight lighter than the FAR Part 23 12,500 pounds limit, and most are approved for single-pilot operation.
They typically accommodate 4 - 7 passengers over a 1174nm average range, with a US$ 4.4M mean price.
Power plant ranges from 1 to 2 up a limit of 4.200 lbf of thrust;

Light jets:
They have a takeoff weight above 12,500 pounds as the FAR Part 25 classify.
They typically accommodate 6 - 11 passengers over a 1953nm average range, with a US$ 9.6M mean price.
Two power plant thrust that could range from 4.600 lbf up a limit of 7.800 lbf.
Some models are approved for single-pilot operation.

It could be just "more slicing and dicing" for you, but it is not regarding FAR Part 23 and FAR Part 25 construction and airworthiness standards:

Source:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Federal_A ... egulations

GalaxyFlyer wrote:
I worked in the business of selling these things, so I’m pretty familiar with marketing, sales and deliveries.

If you really worked selling "these things", then you should know the difference between them.
Apparently you don't know ...
 
User avatar
lightsaber
Moderator
Posts: 22681
Joined: Wed Jan 19, 2005 10:55 pm

Re: Embraer’s Phenom 300: ninth consecutive year the world’s best-selling light jet !

Thu Feb 25, 2021 11:04 pm

I see I forgot to add the 300 to 300E deliveries, impressive.

FlyinRabbit88 wrote:
Also impressive to see in that GAMA report Cirrus delivered 73 SF50 vision jets.

I didn't believe it until I went back to look at that. Wow, I haven't been following the type.

Lightsaber
10 months without TV. The best decision of my life.
 
GalaxyFlyer
Posts: 8074
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 2016 4:44 am

Re: Embraer’s Phenom 300: ninth consecutive year the world’s best-selling light jet !

Fri Feb 26, 2021 2:58 am

EMBSPBR wrote:
GalaxyFlyer wrote:
More marketing slicing and dicing of the bizjet market. Is there really any difference between mid-size and super mid-size?

Isn´t just "more slicing and dicing" of the bizjet market.

They are different categories:

Very light jets:
They have a maximum takeoff weight lighter than the FAR Part 23 12,500 pounds limit, and most are approved for single-pilot operation.
They typically accommodate 4 - 7 passengers over a 1174nm average range, with a US$ 4.4M mean price.
Power plant ranges from 1 to 2 up a limit of 4.200 lbf of thrust;

Light jets:
They have a takeoff weight above 12,500 pounds as the FAR Part 25 classify.
They typically accommodate 6 - 11 passengers over a 1953nm average range, with a US$ 9.6M mean price.
Two power plant thrust that could range from 4.600 lbf up a limit of 7.800 lbf.
Some models are approved for single-pilot operation.

It could be just "more slicing and dicing" for you, but it is not regarding FAR Part 23 and FAR Part 25 construction and airworthiness standards:

Source:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Federal_A ... egulations

GalaxyFlyer wrote:
I worked in the business of selling these things, so I’m pretty familiar with marketing, sales and deliveries.

If you really worked selling "these things", then you should know the difference between them.
Apparently you don't know ...


No, actually I do. It’s marketing, you’re making way, way too much out of this zircon of a press release. Some groups have tried to slice a difference between the G500 and the G600 or between the G5500, G6500, and G7500 trying to create three different markets. Marketing departments justify their existence on this thin gruel.

And, the Phenoms 300 isn’t Part 25, it’s certification basis is Part 23 thru amendment 23-57, so more like the CJs and very light jets.

Like I said, I’m cynical about this after the years
 
orlandocfi
Posts: 141
Joined: Mon Nov 23, 2020 12:53 am

Re: Embraer’s Phenom 300: ninth consecutive year the world’s best-selling light jet !

Fri Feb 26, 2021 3:18 am

Such a great plane and much better looking than its competitors.

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: 747classic, Baidu [Spider], Beagle2, bluecrew, DCA350, dcchipper, deltacto, FromCDGtoSYD, Fuling, hummingbird, Kindanew, krsw757, majano, paracetamol, qf789, rbavfan, Rubani294 and 215 guests

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos