Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

TK787
Topic Author

Turkish Aviation March 2021

Sun Feb 28, 2021 4:32 pm

Hello Turkish Aviation fans, welcome to another addition :)
I hope everyone is doing well. I hope for brighter days ahead.

At the moment things seem to be unchanged for all Turkish airlines. All trying to make it through few more months and hope
things improve by summer.
Many aircraft are still sitting idle, parked. Curfews are still in effect in most of Turkey. Vaccinations are going on; painfully slowly, due to low supply :(
I am not sure what will things look like, let’s say, June. That is only 3 months from now, I just can’t see things to be that much different than today; not too many flights, testing/vaccination requirements, some kind of restrictions in daily lives, mandatory guarantees, low tourist numbers. What do you think?

-Is this still happening ??
Turkish Airlines last summer, on Monday 15JUN20; filed changes for Istanbul – Osaka Kansai route, previously scheduled from 03OCT20. Latest adjustment sees TK operating 5 weekly flights from 29MAR21, the launch of summer 2021 season.

Boeing 787-9 Dreamliner operates this route. This route is a service resumption, previously served until January 2017.

TK086 IST0140 – 1820KIX 789 x37
TK087 KIX2250 – 0505+1IST 789 x37”
-Not sure when the last 787 at KPAE and the 4th 350 will be delivered?
-News that TK to resume hot meals on ER flights starting March 1st.
-Last month TK were to vaccinate the flight crews, but that did not happen due to low vaccine supplies. Any updates on this?

Please continue with you views, news, photos, rumors and good old sense of humor. No politics, No personal attacks.
Be safe.
You can find last months thread here: Turkish Aviation February 2021

OA260

Re: Turkish Aviation March 2021

Sun Feb 28, 2021 6:41 pm

Thanks for a new thread .

Are TK crews being vaccinated privately or is it part of a state program and they are on a priority group?

Nicknuzzii

Sun Feb 28, 2021 6:48 pm

Any word on EWR?

TK787
Topic Author

Sun Feb 28, 2021 7:21 pm

-TK crews were to be vaccinated as a part of a state program (essential workers) beginning of Feb but not enough vaccines :( I am not aware of any private vaccination programs in Turkey.
-EWR. Let's see if TK will go up to 3 x daily JFK this summer. They are still planning on it. EWR will be after those 3 x Dailies. I have a feeling it might have to wait till 2022.

myki

Mon Mar 01, 2021 3:43 am

I am looking at going to Turkey in April. Domestic flights look super-cheap. Just wondering - is this due to lack of demand, or have they always been this way? Can try a couple of different airlines for a small price, looking forward to it.

(Also, anyone know about curfews? I read there is curfew, and then read there isn't).

TK773ER

Mon Mar 01, 2021 6:18 am

Sam Chui latest report on Turkish Airlines from Dubai to Istanbul has a inside look into TK operations regarding covid safety, service, food etc. At the end of the video he interviews Ilker Ayci who confirms hot meal will be coming back on board from April next month, but short haul flights as Mr Ayci states we will be a little bit more cautious so unsure when.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Ogvrw0 ... el=SamChui

Thanks as always for another thread TK787
Selamlar

bennett123

Mon Mar 01, 2021 7:42 am

myki

I assume that COVID rules in Turkey and your own country will allow you to fly to Turkey.

TK787
Topic Author

Mon Mar 01, 2021 8:13 am

myki wrote:
I am looking at going to Turkey in April. Domestic flights look super-cheap. Just wondering - is this due to lack of demand, or have they always been this way? Can try a couple of different airlines for a small price, looking forward to it.

(Also, anyone know about curfews? I read there is curfew, and then read there isn't).

IIMHO, Domestic fares in Turkey have always been cheap ( for tourists from developed countries). Most flights are around an hour long usually costs around $30-$50, sometimes even cheaper. No need to buy round trip tickets, No need to buy months in advance. I usually buy the same week. It is not due to lack of demand. Just Turkish Airlines and Pegasus competition is enough. Still, people consider taking the bus, which are very comfortable.
Yes, there are curfews. Even though they don't apply to tourists, many places will be closed weekends/night time.
Bon Voyage.

marcogr12

Mon Mar 01, 2021 11:46 am

TK787 wrote:
myki wrote:

IIMHO, Domestic fares in Turkey have always been cheap ( for tourists from developed countries). Most flights are around an hour long usually costs around $30-$50, sometimes even cheaper. No need to buy round trip tickets, No need to buy months in advance. I usually buy the same week. It is not due to lack of demand. Just Turkish Airlines and Pegasus competition is enough. Still, people consider taking the bus, which are very comfortable.
Yes, there are curfews. Even though they don't apply to tourists, many places will be closed weekends/night time.
Bon Voyage.

Are domestic flights cheap even in the summer to well known touristic hotspots like Bodrum, Antalya, Dalaman or are we talking about off-season and to places like Van, Batman, Diyarbakir etc?
Flying is breathing..no planes no life..

TK787
Topic Author

Mon Mar 01, 2021 1:15 pm

marcogr12 wrote:
Are domestic flights cheap even in the summer to well known touristic hotspots like Bodrum, Antalya, Dalaman or are we talking about off-season and to places like Van, Batman, Diyarbakir etc?

I just looked at one way IST-DLM mid July, it is around $70; leaving IST at a decent hour, that is Turkish Airlines.
Pegasus; one way fare from SAW-DLM in July is around $35.

alaturka

Mon Mar 01, 2021 1:34 pm

TK787 wrote:
marcogr12 wrote:

I just looked at one way IST-DLM mid July, it is around $70; leaving IST at a decent hour, that is Turkish Airlines.
Pegasus; one way fare from SAW-DLM in July is around $35.

Even before covid, it was around USD.-100 max, so it will be hardly will reach that level for this summer. I agree that 1-2 weeks ideal to purchase.

emre787

Mon Mar 01, 2021 7:54 pm

Hey guys, hope you're all doing well.

Scrolling through old airline route news I came across this: https://www.routesonline.com/airports/6 ... e-saw-lhr/

Did TK really serve LHR from SAW? If yes with which equipment and frequency? (I assume probably A320)
Couldn't find anything else besides that article, maybe some of you know more infos about it :)

TK773ER

Tue Mar 02, 2021 11:02 pm

TK posts net loss for 2020 $836 Mil https://www.flightglobal.com/strategy/t ... 91.article
That compares with an operating profit of $585 million and net profit of $788 million in 2019.

ankaraflyjet

Wed Mar 03, 2021 1:07 am

As far as I know TK never served any destination from LHR other than from/to Atatürk Airport and that was replaced by IST once TK moved her operations to the new airport. I know TK used to fly from LHR to various destinations in Turkey in 80ies like Antalya and Izmir and that was it. There was also a daily direct flight between LHR and ESB via IST under same flight number all the way through until mid90ies. From thereon, due to slot restricitons at LHR, TK started to use LGW for secondary markets in Turkey and later on STN was also added by AJet in addition that was somewhat impacted by the Covid restricitons as AJet was going to increase flights/destinations considerably to a number of destinations in Turkey should Covid pandemic not have happened in March 2020.

BA has a different LHR Turkey story as far as flight history that we can talk about if you like to go into further details.

emre787 wrote:
Hey guys, hope you're all doing well.

Scrolling through old airline route news I came across this: https://www.routesonline.com/airports/6 ... e-saw-lhr/

Did TK really serve LHR from SAW? If yes with which equipment and frequency? (I assume probably A320)
Couldn't find anything else besides that article, maybe some of you know more infos about it :)

OTTOMANAIR

Wed Mar 03, 2021 1:28 am

TK773ER wrote:
TK posts net loss for 2020 $836 Mil https://www.flightglobal.com/strategy/t ... 91.article
That compares with an operating profit of $585 million and net profit of $788 million in 2019.

How is TK doing compared to other flag carriers?

ARNbased

Wed Mar 03, 2021 1:12 pm

Hi all,

I live in Sweden but need to go to the US for private reasons June 24th - July 25th. As the US does not allow me to enter if I spent any of the last 14 days in the EU/UK/etc, I'm planning on doing some sort of quarantine in Turkey for 15 days before flying to the US. I've booked TK business IST-ORD-IST-ARN and am planning to book ARN-IST on a separate itinerary June 9th, 15 days before my departure to the US.

For my 15 night stay in Turkey, I reseved a room with a terrace at Hilton Mall of Istanbul, and am basically planning on never leaving the room. If/when I need to leave the room, I will wear FFP2 and surgical disposable masks and if needed also a face shield (I will do the same when traveling), so it feels pretty safe, albeit boring :)

Do any of you know if this is a viable plan or if this somehow breaks any local laws or regulations in Turkey? How's the lockdown situation in Turkey? I'm, of course, planning on getting tested in accordance with Turkish regulations before traveling to Turkey and then again before traveling to the US, per their regulations. I'm traveling on a valid ESTA with a Swedish passport.

Any advise or local observations would be highly appreciated.

And yes, I understand that the situation might (and probably will) change before June 9th, but I'm just wondering what the situation's like right now in Turkey.

On a final note, I can't wait to fly with TK again. I always loved the airline - and Turkey in general - but have been isolated in Sweden since Jan -20 (my last flights were TK to Boston and TK to Beijing). I really, really hope that travel can resume soon and that vaccination rates will pick up. I've already booked TK round trips to ORD, IAH, DXB, MIA and LAX for this fall and winter - fingers crossed that I don't need to cancel those as well, but who knows.

TK787
Topic Author

Wed Mar 03, 2021 1:53 pm

Hi there, if everyone was conscientious like you we wouldn't be in this situation :)
By June who knows where we will be but.... as of yesterday lockdown are eased in Istanbul. Turkey was divided into 4 color coded cities and Istanbul is high risk ( just below extreme high risk ). It means, still a curfew after midnight, a curfew on Sundays but restaurants and bars are open 7am-7pm with 50% capacity. Government offices open. This curfew is lot relaxed than you might think, especially for tourists. Even during the curfews my friends/family were able to step outside and go for hour long walks, grocery shopping.. and such.
I bet you will be fine in your hotel in June, sitting at the balcony, or even go to lobby to have coffee, room service and such. I would still go for the double surgical mask. (I use 4 layer KN94 + 3 layer disposable mask in NYC every time I leave my apartment). You might even take cabs with windows open.
By June, who knows but 40-50% of Turkish citizens might be vaccinated, most Americans will be vaccinated.
If still needed, I suggest to go to the airport 1-2 days in advance get your test before your travel to the US.
Bon Voyage.

***Final Note: if you can, why don't you stay at HiltonBoshphorus overlooking the Boshphorus. I have a special place in my heart for that hotel, it was my very first job during college and I worked there close to a year. It has balconies, a great pool area, 5 o'clock tea outdoors (IIRC) and nice location to have short walks.

ricq

Wed Mar 03, 2021 4:38 pm

@ARNbased: You may be "jumping the gun" a bit. By July it is quite possible, if not likely, that entry restrictions to the US will have been lifted or eased (eg. OK to enter if you have been vaccinated). Unless you enjoy possibly sitting in a hotel room by yourself for two weeks, you may want to put off making your final plans for awhile in order to assess the situation better.

By the end of May everyone in the US who wants to be vaccinated most likely will have been. https://www.nytimes.com/2021/03/02/us/p ... ccine.html Even now, new-infection and death rates are 1/2 of what they were just a month ago. Because the US has had such a high rate of infection, 35% of the population, or more, already have some sort of natural immunity. Add to that the 20% who have already received at least one dose of the vaccine (https://www.forbes.com/sites/alisondurk ... 2d9f7e3a7d), and you can see why things are improving and MAY continue to do so--no guarantees, of course. Even if things don't change that dramatically, you may want to wait a bit. The situation in Turkey could also be different in July. These may not be the times to plan so far in advance. Cheap fares are going to be around for quite awhile.

bennett123

Wed Mar 03, 2021 5:15 pm

TK787

Curious to know the basis for your statement 'By June, who knows but 40-50% of Turkish citizens might be vaccinated'.

Is it based on specific data?.

Reason for asking is that I currently have a trip to Turkey booked for May 2021, (rolled over from 2020) so I am trying to figure the probability of it being postponed again.

TK787
Topic Author

Wed Mar 03, 2021 6:21 pm

bennett123 wrote:
TK787

Curious to know the basis for your statement 'By June, who knows but 40-50% of Turkish citizens might be vaccinated'.

Is it based on specific data?.

Reason for asking is that I currently have a trip to Turkey booked for May 2021, (rolled over from 2020) so I am trying to figure the probability of it being postponed again.

I might be being optimistic. Even though, Turkey was late to start the vaccinations, they were able to do 7-8% of the population so far, in IIRC 1.5 months. I believe they might secure another source besides the Chinese vaccine in the coming months and can administer it efficiently.
Hope you can travel in May, I am planning on it myself.

ARNbased

Thu Mar 04, 2021 8:41 am

Thanks for the advice!

I'll wait and see what happens.

I'll look into Hilton Bosphorus. I hope that I won't have to quarantine somewhere before my trip to the US, but if I do, I can't think of a better place to do it than Istanbul :)

(To clarify, I meant using a disposable five layer FFP2 mask, which I believe is equal to a KN95 or N95 mask, and then a three layer surgical disposable mask on top. In a country where no one wears a mask and the government doesn't even recommend covering your mouth and nose, it's a pretty extreme approach ;) )

TK787
Topic Author

Thu Mar 04, 2021 12:07 pm

ARNbased wrote:

(To clarify, I meant using a disposable five layer FFP2 mask, which I believe is equal to a KN95 or N95 mask, and then a three layer surgical disposable mask on top. In a country where no one wears a mask and the government doesn't even recommend covering your mouth and nose, it's a pretty extreme approach ;) )

I think I understood you the first time about the masks, two masks is the way to go. What country you are referring to, Texas ? :) :)

TK787
Topic Author

Thu Mar 04, 2021 12:58 pm

According to tolgaozbek.com TK pilots started simulator training for the 737MAX:
https://tolgaozbek.com/haberler/egitim/ ... O_pg1-0D-c (Turkish article)

bennett123

Thu Mar 04, 2021 7:33 pm

TK787

You may find this link with info about vaccination rates in Turkey, (and elsewhere) interesting.

https://ourworldindata.org/grapher/covi ... gion=World

calstanford

Fri Mar 05, 2021 2:41 am

Can't wait for summer time, when Turkey will pretend to have Covid cases in the low hundreds again and open up to tourism from all infected countries of the world.
Expect the same playbook as last years with magically cases jumping 100fold after tourism season ends.

LAXintl

Sat Mar 06, 2021 4:59 am

As we know TK's Africa growth has gone hand in hand with Turkish foreign policy priorities to grow trade and establish political links with the continent.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Evw35P4WQAI ... name=large
From the desert to the sea, to all of Southern California

LAXintl

Sun Mar 07, 2021 9:40 pm

Here is the TK Africa destination comparison 2009-2019

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Ev3HWgJXcAA ... ame=medium
From the desert to the sea, to all of Southern California

TK787
Topic Author

Sun Mar 07, 2021 10:18 pm

Yes, I remember when TK announced that they will be flying to 35 destinations in Africa, and I was like.... "Where???" :)
Impressive expansion, still; it is limited to the range capabilities of 738 and 739 fleets. I bet we might see some more expansion with the future use of MAX and NEOs.

TKflyer

Tue Mar 09, 2021 1:09 pm

let's take a look to the movements & news at the Turkish Aviation Fleet and Registration

TURKISH AIRLINES (TK/THY)
TC-LGC Airbus A350-941 msn 435 dd 29/01/2021
TC-LGD Airbus A350-941 msn 442 ff 02/02/2021
TC-LGE Airbus A350-941 msn 454 at TLS in full c/s without engines installed
TC-LGF Airbus A350-941 msn 496 Final Assembly Line (FAL)

TC-LTD Airbus A321-271NX msn 10222 awaiting ff, at XFW in full c/s
TC-LTE Airbus A321-271NX msn 10259 awaiting ff, at XFW in full c/s
TC-LTF Airbus A321-271NX msn 10346 awaiting ff, at XFW in full c/s
TC-LTG(?) Airbus A321-271NX msn 10367 awaiting ff, at XFW in full c/s
TC-LTH(?) Airbus A321-271NX msn 10382 Final Assembly Line (FAL)

TC-LLP Boeing 787-9 msn/ln 65815/1021 still stored
TC-LLR(?) Boeing 787-9 msn/ln 65816/1113 On Order
TC-LLS(?) Boeing 787-9 msn/ln 65817/1117 On Order
TC-LLT(?) Boeing 787-9 msn/ln 65818/1121 On Order
TC-LLU(?) Boeing 787-9 msn/ln 65819/1141 On Order

TC-LCH Boeing 737-8 msn/ln 60040/7609 still stored
TC-LCI Boeing 737-8 msn/ln 60042/7637 still stored
TC-LCN Boeing 737-8 msn/ln 60056/7446 still stored
TC-LCO Boeing 737-8 msn/ln 60057/7453 still stored
TC-LCP Boeing 737-8 msn/ln 60058/7475 still stored
TC-LCR Boeing 737-8 msn/ln 60059/7500 still stored
TC-LCS Boeing 737-8 msn/ln 60060/7538 still stored
TC-LCT Boeing 737-8 msn/ln 60061/7561 still stored

TC-LYB Boeing 737-9 msn/ln 60063/7433 still stored
TC-LYC Boeing 737-9 msn/ln 60064/7623 still stored
TC-LYD Boeing 737-9 msn/ln 60064/7513 still stored
TC-LYE Boeing 737-9 msn/ln 60066/7580 still stored

TC-JUK Airbus A320-232 msn 2602 "PALANDÖKEN" return to DAE Capital, stored at AMM 17/02/2021

PEGASUS (PC/PGT)
TC-NCR Airbus A320-251N msn 10149 "Zeynep Beren" dd 17/02/2021
TC-NCT Airbus A320-251N msn 10268 "Esma" dd 11/02/2021
TC-NCU Airbus A320-251N msn 10404 "Sedanur" ff 01/03/2021
TC-NCV Airbus A320-251N msn 10465 "Sedanur" Final Assembly Line (FAL)
TC-NCZ Airbus A320-251N msn 10527 "Eylül Aba" awaiting ff, at TLS in full c/s

TC-CPI Boeing 737-82R wl msn/ln 40014/4298 "Almira" return to Pembroke ret 21/01/2021
TC-CPR Boeing 737-8GJ wl msn/ln 34905/2392 "Firdevs" return to BBAM as EI-FGC ret 22/01/2021
TC-CPS Boeing 737-8GJ wl msn/ln 37366/3628 "Peri" return to BBAM ret 11/02/2021

ANADOLUJET (TK/THY)
TC-JFL Boeing 737-8F2 wl msn/ln 29774/269 "DUMLUPINAR" transfered from TK mainline tfd 13/02/2021
TC-JFM Boeing 737-8F2 wl msn/ln 29775/279 "KAVACIK" transfered from TK mainlinetfd 29/01/2021
TC-JFU Boeing 737-8F2 wl msn/ln 29781/461 "ELAZIĞ" transfered from TK mainlinetfd 27/01/2021
TC-JGA Boeing 737-8F2 wl msn/ln 29785/544 "MALATYA" transfered from TK mainline tfd 13/02/2021
TC-JGC Boeing 737-8F2 wl msn/ln 29787/771 "ABANT"" transfered from TK mainline tfd 21/02/2021
TC-JGT Boeing 737-8F2 wl msn/ln 34417/2009 "AVANOS" transfered from TK mainline tfd 12/02/2021
TC-JGU Boeing 737-8F2 wl msn/ln 34418/2012 "BODRUM" transfered from TK mainline tfd 13/01/2021
TC-JGV Boeing 737-8F2 wl msn/ln 34419/2021 "ÇEŞME" transfered from TK mainline tfd 21/02/2021
TC-JZU Boeing 737-8AS wl msn/ln 40316/4227 stored in SAW full cs, lsd Avolon
TC-JZV Boeing 737-8AS wl msn/ln 40319/4220 stored in SAW full cs, lsd Avolon
TC-JZZ Boeing 737-8KV wl msn/ln 60176/6936 leased CDB Aviation dd 10/02/2021

SUN EXPRESS (XQ/SXS)
TC-SOI Boeing 737-8 msn/ln 61200/7504 still stored
TC-SOJ Boeing 737-8 msn/ln 61201/7586 still stored
TC-SOK Boeing 737-8 msn/ln 61202/7606 still stored
TC-SOL Boeing 737-8 msn/ln 61203/7554 still stored
TC-SOM Boeing 737-8 msn/ln 61204/7627 still stored

ULS CARGO AIRLINES (GO/KZU)
TC-??? Airbus A330-343 msn 349 ferried to ISL

AsoRock

Tue Mar 09, 2021 3:14 pm

LAXintl wrote:
Here is the TK Africa destination comparison 2009-2019

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Ev3HWgJXcAA ... ame=medium

I don’t recall TK ever operated into Cape Verde in 2019! That would be the most exotic routing and it would certainly open the islands for new inbound tourism markets

TK787
Topic Author

Tue Mar 09, 2021 5:46 pm

AsoRock wrote:
I don’t recall TK ever operated into Cape Verde in 2019! That would be the most exotic routing and it would certainly open the islands for new inbound tourism markets

Good eye :)
When I looked at TK'2020 destinations list in Africa; it says 39 countries-60 cities. No Cape Verde :)

Blerg

Wed Mar 10, 2021 8:09 am

Yesterday the new Turkish ambassador said that he is confident that this summer Serbian citizens will be able to enter Turkey without any restrictions. Serbia is an important market for Antalya as the last summer before covid there were up to 13 daily BEG-AYT flights on some days.

A321Lufthansa

Wed Mar 10, 2021 7:16 pm

By the way, what is the fate of A321s TC-JMH-JMK? Isn't their lease period over now?
Last flown aircrafts: A21N TC-LSF < B738 TC-JVY < E190 D-AECF < B77W VP-BGC < A320 VP-BOM < A320 VQ-BES < A320 OE-LBO < A21N CS-TJO < A21N CS-TXC < E190 CS-TPQ < A319 F-GRXC < A321 F-GTAH < B738 SP-LWF < E175 SP-LII

MoonC

Thu Mar 11, 2021 1:00 pm

TK787 wrote:

No idea about the 787 but very soon for the A350. Test flight regime is done, and has its final reg. applied. Tonight or tomorrow night.

MoonC

Fri Mar 12, 2021 10:02 pm

MoonC wrote:
TK787 wrote:

No idea about the 787 but very soon for the A350. Test flight regime is done, and has its final reg. applied. Tonight or tomorrow night.

Tonight it is. En route.

TK787
Topic Author

Fri Mar 12, 2021 10:56 pm

MoonC wrote:
Tonight it is. En route.

Awesome news, thank you:
https://fr24.com/THY6832/271112d5

TK787
Topic Author

Sun Mar 14, 2021 11:45 am

Starting tomorrow, March 15th, pax traveling to Turkey have to fill out a health form online 72 hrs. prior to their flight.
I tried, I guess it is too busy, did not open :(
http://register.health.gov.tr

qf789

Sun Mar 14, 2021 11:53 am

Turkish Airlines is planning to resume 737MAX8 service from 12 Apr 21 initially to AYT and ESB and 737MAX9 service from 10 May 21 to NBO, DJI, NGQ, ODS

https://twitter.com/theaeronetwork/stat ... 25184?s=20

https://twitter.com/theaeronetwork/stat ... 34368?s=20

During May TK plans to operate 737MAX8 to up to 29 destinations at low frequency

https://twitter.com/theaeronetwork/stat ... 75555?s=20

TL also planning to start A350 service to CGK from 11 May 21

https://twitter.com/theaeronetwork/stat ... 61568?s=20
Forum Moderator

Blerg

Sun Mar 14, 2021 11:57 am

qf789 wrote:
Turkish Airlines is planning to resume 737MAX8 service from 12 Apr 21 initially to AYT and ESB and 737MAX9 service from 10 May 21 to NBO, DJI, MGQ, ODS

https://twitter.com/theaeronetwork/stat ... 25184?s=20

https://twitter.com/theaeronetwork/stat ... 34368?s=20

During May TK plans to operate 737MAX8 to up to 29 destinations at low frequency

https://twitter.com/theaeronetwork/stat ... 75555?s=20

TL also planning to start A350 service to CGK from 11 May 21

https://twitter.com/theaeronetwork/stat ... 61568?s=20

I guess that was supposed to be MGQ as NGQ is an airport in western Tibet. :)

TK787
Topic Author

Sun Mar 14, 2021 12:39 pm

qf789 wrote:
Turkish Airlines is planning to resume 737MAX8 service from 12 Apr 21

Thanks for the news. Those planes have been sitting for a long time, need a good cleaning :lol:

TKflyer

Mon Mar 15, 2021 4:56 pm

MNG Cargo Airlines has getting an Airbus A330–343. The TC–MCM (Right, the new Reg) msn 879, ex F–WWKG, B–6086 China Southern Airlines, VQ–BSO leased from BOC Aviation, was used on 13/04/2021 as MNB631 on her First Cargo–Flight to Leipzig (LEJ) and back MNB632. It was supposed that it will be later converted in Dresden (DRS) to P2F.

Also a second is expected (TC–MCN), but no further information yet. Maybe msn 889 ex B–6087(??)

https://www.goklerdeyiz.net/mng-kargo-ikinci-a330-ucagini-filosuna-katacak/

TK787
Topic Author

Tue Mar 16, 2021 1:32 pm

TK787 wrote:
Starting tomorrow, March 15th, pax traveling to Turkey have to fill out a health form online 72 hrs. prior to their flight.

I've tried this link many times, it does not open. Anyone has better luck? Thanks.

ricq

Tue Mar 16, 2021 2:04 pm

TK787 wrote:
TK787 wrote:

I've tried this link many times, it does not open. Anyone has better luck? Thanks.

Working now. 7:00 AM Pacific Time

TK787
Topic Author

Tue Mar 16, 2021 4:33 pm

Thank you. Still not working on my laptop, tried few different browsers. But working on my cell phone.

ozzietukker

Tue Mar 16, 2021 7:44 pm

TK787 wrote:

No problems with opening this on my phone, laptop, desktop or tablet. In different country's so my experience is better.

As I read it correctly, this will create a HES code for the tourist, which is good, as Turkey is using the HES code for more and more places and services and not all tourist do have a local sim.
While I am aware of privacy concerns, this will a more convenient option for the tourist.
And the HES code you do need for public transport, stay in the hootel or bigger shopping malls. Ofcourse smaller enterprises might not ask for a HES code, but you do need it to get around nowadays.

mercure1

Tue Mar 16, 2021 9:15 pm

TK still far the busiest airline in Europe in number of daily frequencies.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EwnAySPWEAE ... name=large
mercure f-wtcc

TK787
Topic Author

Thu Mar 18, 2021 10:44 am

Hard landing of TK 321Neo strands airplane in Hanover for 5 days:
https://simpleflying.com/turkish-airlin ... d-landing/

TK787
Topic Author

Thu Mar 18, 2021 5:23 pm

Finally TK updates its schedule for April. As expected many slight increases all around, mostly Europe and M.East.
No changes to the current USA destinations.
Biggest increases I noticed; JED goes from 1 to 10w, Riyadh 1 to 11w and TLV goes from 15 to 35 weekly.

emre787

Fri Mar 19, 2021 12:00 pm

TK787 wrote:

Seems like they're still updating it because I noticed increases to the US too.

Washington goes up from 5 weekly to daily and JFK from 10 weekly to 2 daily :)

TK787
Topic Author

Fri Mar 19, 2021 12:12 pm

emre787 wrote:
TK787 wrote:

Seems like they're still updating it because I noticed increases to the US too.

Washington goes up from 5 weekly to daily and JFK from 10 weekly to 2 daily :)

I see that also. I know the times are crazy but for April, yesterday 10 flights out of JFK, today 14. How do you expect to sell those extra 1200 tickets in two weeks. What are the percentage of pax that buy their Long Haul tickets 2 weeks out? Maybe, "schedule them flights and pax will follow" works :)
I also see that June2nd, JFK goes to 3 x daily. More about this later :)

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos