Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

JUANTRIPPEJR

Re: Turkish Aviation March 2021

Fri Mar 19, 2021 4:50 pm

LAXintl wrote:
Here is the TK Africa destination comparison 2009-2019

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Ev3HWgJXcAA ... ame=medium

The map is inaccurate. It is missing Gambia (Banjul), Guinea (Conakry), Sierra Leone (Freetown), DRC (Kinshasa), Mauritiania (Nouakchott) and some other places. As far as I know, TK has never flown to the Cape Verde Islands.

emre787

Fri Mar 19, 2021 6:50 pm

TK787 wrote:
emre787 wrote:
TK787 wrote:
No changes to the current USA destinations.

Seems like they're still updating it because I noticed increases to the US too.

Washington goes up from 5 weekly to daily and JFK from 10 weekly to 2 daily :)

I see that also. I know the times are crazy but for April, yesterday 10 flights out of JFK, today 14. How do you expect to sell those extra 1200 tickets in two weeks. What are the percentage of pax that buy their Long Haul tickets 2 weeks out? Maybe, "schedule them flights and pax will follow" works :)
I also see that June2nd, JFK goes to 3 x daily. More about this later :)

That's probably something only TK itself knows, but still nice to see the development. Let's hope the best for summer :)
Btw: I think many pax buy tickets just a short time before the actual flight nowadays so they can pretty much keep up with travel restrictions etc... I did that too last August and bought my ticket to Turkey just 2 days before :spin:

Also browsing through TKs April flight plan, I noticed following things:

- Turkmenabad in Turkmenistan is being shown as a destination with daily flights in April. Afaik, TK only operated irregular flights to there (an A321neo flies between Istanbul and Turkmenabad now and then, for example today https://www.flightradar24.com/data/flights/tk4902). I don't really think that they'll be flying there daily besides also showing daily flights to the capital Ashgabat, but well time will tell

- Sialkot in Pakistan was recently announced as a new destination and now it shows 2 weekly flights in April. Wonder if that will really start and with which aircraft (https://investor.turkishairlines.com/en ... isclosures). Booking engine doesn't show any flights to Sialkot. It lists Peshawar instead with no bookable flights which is strange, too. Maybe also a new destination?

Lastly, gathering through flightradar24 (and turkish news articles) I found out that Turkey-Russia demand seems to be really strong right now.
TK is flying to Moscow and St. Petersburg with a greater capacity than pre-pandemic and we're not even in summer yet!

Pre-pandemic TK flew 5x daily to Moscow VKO with 2x A321 and 3x A330, now they're operating 5x A330(-300). St. Petersburg LED was 1x A321, they did add a 2nd A321 not long ago and now that even has been upgraded to an A330! Crazy times indeed :D

Blerg

Sat Mar 20, 2021 5:09 am

TK787 wrote:
emre787 wrote:
TK787 wrote:
No changes to the current USA destinations.

I see that also. I know the times are crazy but for April, yesterday 10 flights out of JFK, today 14. How do you expect to sell those extra 1200 tickets in two weeks. What are the percentage of pax that buy their Long Haul tickets 2 weeks out? Maybe, "schedule them flights and pax will follow" works :)

Maybe they are hoping that now that the pandemic has been defeated in Israel, demand for travel will increase, especially to places like JFK. I wouldn't be surprised if TK is also rushing to restore its dominant position in TLV before ME3 return. I am sure TK would like to keep its passengers who transferred in IST on their way to Asia.

mafaky

Sat Mar 20, 2021 6:59 am

TK787 wrote:
Hard landing of TK 321Neo strands airplane in Hanover for 5 days:
https://simpleflying.com/turkish-airlin ... d-landing/

Today, it's going to be exactly 7 days after the unlucky incident, but looks like they cannot somehow afford that "gear down ferry flight" from HAJ to HAM. And this wouldn't be a long duration flight, anyway. Looks like there may be more serious problems on the frame. :mad: :banghead:
A veteran Electronics & Communications Engineer from Istanbul-Turkey, highly interested in civil and military aviation.

emre787

Sat Mar 20, 2021 9:12 pm

Blerg wrote:
TK787 wrote:
emre787 wrote:

Maybe they are hoping that now that the pandemic has been defeated in Israel, demand for travel will increase, especially to places like JFK. I wouldn't be surprised if TK is also rushing to restore its dominant position in TLV before ME3 return. I am sure TK would like to keep its passengers who transferred in IST on their way to Asia.

Yup, that came in my mind too. It would also perfectly explain the increase from 15 to 35 weekly flights to TLV.

TK will probably loose some connecting pax to Asia, but not those who have been feeding the US flights (which was the majority I believe, maybe someone can confirm or correct me)

peterinlisbon

Sat Mar 20, 2021 10:16 pm

calstanford wrote:
Can't wait for summer time, when Turkey will pretend to have Covid cases in the low hundreds again and open up to tourism from all infected countries of the world.
Expect the same playbook as last years with magically cases jumping 100fold after tourism season ends.

That's funny! Hopefully it won't be necessary, though. By summer a lot of people will be vaccinated and in the summer this thing doesn't spread so easily anyway. I'm optimistic that things will be relatively normal by then.

Blerg

Sun Mar 21, 2021 5:21 am

emre787 wrote:
Blerg wrote:
TK787 wrote:

Yup, that came in my mind too. It would also perfectly explain the increase from 15 to 35 weekly flights to TLV.

TK will probably loose some connecting pax to Asia, but not those who have been feeding the US flights (which was the majority I believe, maybe someone can confirm or correct me)

Problem for Israel was that before they got access to ME3, the only good hub that covered both Asia and Africa was TK. Naturally, increased competition will also stimulate the market so there will be room for everyone but I think TK is just making sure it's the first one to greet the new wave of passengers. One thing that they have going for them is their strong brand recognition in Israel.

OTTOMANAIR

Mon Mar 22, 2021 4:11 pm

Turkish Airlines offering hot meals again on international flights above 2 hours.

OA260

Mon Mar 22, 2021 5:01 pm

OTTOMANAIR wrote:
Turkish Airlines offering hot meals again on international flights above 2 hours.

Thats good news . A big part of the service so Im sure passengers will appreciate it.

marcogr12

Mon Mar 22, 2021 9:54 pm

Covid ban on TK from Greece lifted...Tomorrow starts daily flights to ATH, from 28 March 5w to SKG..A3 also rteturns to IST on 15th of April with 4w flights, which later will go up to daily
Flying is breathing..no planes no life..

A333MSPtoAMS

Mon Mar 22, 2021 10:18 pm

I was wondering what routes does TK fly the A350 on?
As of Dec 2019 I've flown 457,440 miles on 270 flights on 54 airplane types with 60 airlines traveling thru 104 airports. I've visited 60 countries.
http://cronkflies.com

AirbusA343

Mon Mar 22, 2021 10:26 pm

A333MSPtoAMS wrote:

For the moment, TK are flying their A350s to Montreal, Toronto, Manila, Amsterdam and Dubai.

Blerg

Thu Mar 25, 2021 12:57 pm

AnadoluJet will launch summer seasonal AYT-BEG starting from July 3rd. Flights will operate four times per week:

https://www.exyuaviation.com/p/anadoluj ... grade.html

by738

Fri Mar 26, 2021 8:43 pm

Corendon big expansion to UK from Antalya and Dalaman for Summer 2022

TKflyer

Fri Mar 26, 2021 9:25 pm

AirbusA343 wrote:
A333MSPtoAMS wrote:

For the moment, TK are flying their A350s to Montreal, Toronto, Manila, Amsterdam and Dubai.

And some Domestic flights like ADB, AYT, ESB

Blerg

Sat Mar 27, 2021 5:59 am

The other day Serbia opened its borders to people who are fully vaccinated. I see vaccination in Turkey is advancing quite nicely, hopefully tourism to Serbia bounces back.

Serbian tourists are definitely making a comeback in Istanbul, JU is increasing it to daily from next week while TK will maintain their 10 weekly flights in addition to Pegasus' 4 weekly. I know some people who flew BEG-IST on TK and they all said flights were packed in both classes.

If I remember correctly, in 2019, the size of BEG-IST was around 350.000 passengers per year.

Blerg

Sun Mar 28, 2021 5:04 am

Starting from June 19, Air Serbia will introduce charter flights from INI to AYT.

https://flyfromnis.blogspot.com/2021/03 ... -nisa.html

emre787

Sun Mar 28, 2021 9:32 pm

AirbusA343 wrote:
A333MSPtoAMS wrote:

TK started to use their A350s to Sao Paulo

https://www.flightradar24.com/data/flights/tk15

TKflyer

Tue Mar 30, 2021 8:23 pm

According to planespotters.net TC–JGD Boeing 737–8F2wl msn 29788 ln 791 has left the Fleet, for freighter (–SF) conversion in Jinan Yaoqiang (TNA).
Do we have any news?
Is it for Turkish Cargo or any other Cargo carrier?

LAXintl

Tue Mar 30, 2021 9:51 pm

TKflyer wrote:
According to planespotters.net TC–JGD Boeing 737–8F2wl msn 29788 ln 791 has left the Fleet, for freighter (–SF) conversion in Jinan Yaoqiang (TNA).
Do we have any news?
Is it for Turkish Cargo or any other Cargo carrier?

Something like 10 older 737-800 frames have been sold. For instance, TC-JGG/JGI were sold to US startup Avelo recently.
From the desert to the sea, to all of Southern California

YYJTurkman

Wed Mar 31, 2021 12:55 am

Hello everyone,

As we know TK suppose to start flying to YVR last year but because of the pandemic it never happened. Understandbly they keep postpoing the inagural flight. According to TK website reservation system, it looks like the first flight will be on Sunday, May 2nd.
Back in January when TK offered a %40 discount on international flights I jumped on it and purchased a ticket for May 4th. Fingers crossed, I am hoping to be on that flight.

Can someome please provide me a link for TK 's flight/route announcements. I am sure it's there but I just can't find it.

Thanks,
H.

A330Inter

Wed Mar 31, 2021 9:32 am

YYJTurkman wrote:
Hello everyone,

As we know TK suppose to start flying to YVR last year but because of the pandemic it never happened. Understandbly they keep postpoing the inagural flight. According to TK website reservation system, it looks like the first flight will be on Sunday, May 2nd.
Back in January when TK offered a %40 discount on international flights I jumped on it and purchased a ticket for May 4th. Fingers crossed, I am hoping to be on that flight.

Can someome please provide me a link for TK 's flight/route announcements. I am sure it's there but I just can't find it.

Thanks,
H.

here is their official page:
https://investor.turkishairlines.com/en ... isclosures

TK787
Topic Author

Wed Mar 31, 2021 10:58 am

YYJTurkman wrote:
TK website reservation system, it looks like the first flight will be on Sunday, May 2nd.

I hope you are right.
On TK's website and "current flight plan" page, Canada has been missing for over a month now :)
I have been having a terrible time with TK website recently.

YYJTurkman

Wed Mar 31, 2021 3:02 pm

Thank you A330Inter and TK787

What a coincidence that I just received an email from TK this morning regarding a schedule change for my ticket.
it says departure time moved forward by 5 minutes on the same day. That's great. I guess it's happening.

TK787
Topic Author

Wed Mar 31, 2021 3:40 pm

YYJTurkman wrote:
Thank you A330Inter and TK787

What a coincidence that I just received an email from TK this morning regarding a schedule change for my ticket.
it says departure time moved forward by 5 minutes on the same day. That's great. I guess it's happening.

You are welcome. But I do not think that is a guarantee that the flight is happening. (fingers crossed)
Now, you have to deal with the schedule change, which is one of my problems with TK.
-You do not automatically get a message/email about the schedule change. My last two tickets I did not. I had to find out on my own. Keep checking periodically.
-Online you are given three options, "Confirm", "Cancel", "Change" your new flight.
-When I clicked "Confirm" on one of my tickets, it asked me to call TK hotline. Second ticket, I wanted to "Cancel" it gave an error message, but few minutes later my flight was gone. The next day I got an email about a refund. Never easy.

This is what I learned; if the schedule change is longer than 15min. the passenger needs to be contacted and confirm that they are OK with the change. (It doesn't explain why you got an email with only 5 min change) If you do not confirm, you are not allowed to check-in online. Happened to me in Dubai few years back and I was really upset, with the help of the hotel in Dubai I was able to call TK and verbally OK that my flight will be taking off 5 minutes later than the scheduled time.
How about this one?? Same thing happens, when only the arrival time is changed. Really??? You still have to confirm that it is OK that flight takes off at the same time but now arrives 5 minutes early.
I really, really do not like to deal with these tiny changes :(

TK787
Topic Author

Wed Mar 31, 2021 4:32 pm

Please continue here:
Turkish Aviation April 2021
Moderators, please archive this thread, since I've started a new one. Thanks.