Here you go for the same week:

WLG to SYD 11
WLG to MEL 5
WLG to BNE 8

I'm seeing from the Air NZ booking site for week starting 19 April:

WLG to SYD 6 (no Wednesday)
WLG to MEL 5 (no Tuesday/Saturday)
WLG to BNE 5 (No Monday/Thursday)

Where about are you getting your info from?

Yes, I checked WLG-BNE for June-July and noted 5x weekly as well, though I'm sure the frequencies will vary by season. But that's better than pre-covid IIRC, when after the VA rupture NZ restarted WLG-BNE (which had been exclusively a VA offering) with only 3x weekly services.

Also, in addition to NZ516's list, there's ZQN-BNE at 3x weekly from 30 June. I'm a bit disappointed that NZ hasn't taken the opportunity to inaugurate WLG-OOL - it seems to me an obvious route for the carrier to serve.

I do find it very irritating that you can't now find a proper timetable on NZ's website, even week-by-week route-by-route. I sometimes use Flightlookup, but it tends to be slow to reflect changes, additions and deletions.

NZ516

Re: New Zealand Aviation Thread - March 2021

Wed Mar 24, 2021 9:44 pm

a7ala wrote:
NZ516 wrote:

WLG to SYD 11
WLG to MEL 5
WLG to BNE 8

From the same site, perhaps some frequencies have been taken out.

a7ala

Wed Mar 24, 2021 11:26 pm

DavidByrne wrote:
I'm a bit disappointed that NZ hasn't taken the opportunity to inaugurate WLG-OOL - it seems to me an obvious route for the carrier to serve.

I recall JQ had announced just prior to Covid an increase on WLG-OOL to 6pw. Although no word on when they will return at this stage.

NZ516

Thu Mar 25, 2021 1:33 am

DavidByrne wrote:
a7ala wrote:
NZ516 wrote:

WLG to SYD 11
WLG to MEL 5
WLG to BNE 8

Yes, I checked WLG-BNE for June-July and noted 5x weekly as well, though I'm sure the frequencies will vary by season. But that's better than pre-covid IIRC, when after the VA rupture NZ restarted WLG-BNE (which had been exclusively a VA offering) with only 3x weekly services.

Also, in addition to NZ516's list, there's ZQN-BNE at 3x weekly from 30 June. I'm a bit disappointed that NZ hasn't taken the opportunity to inaugurate WLG-OOL - it seems to me an obvious route for the carrier to serve.

I do find it very irritating that you can't now find a proper timetable on NZ's website, even week-by-week route-by-route. I sometimes use Flightlookup, but it tends to be slow to reflect changes, additions and deletions.

I agree it's annoying to search day by day over a week for every single route it's very time consuming but it is what we have to get use to now. Other sources are not up to date unfortunately.

NZ516

Thu Mar 25, 2021 2:31 am

With the new Tasman bubble flying Air NZ will be placing 5 789s back into service nearly everyday.

From AKL each port sees a daily 789 service BNE, SYD, MEL and PER all leaving in the morning and ADL gets 4 789 flights per week as well. The afternoon Tasman flights from AKL are all 320/321 operated at this stage. This is still a really good start none the less.

zkncj

Thu Mar 25, 2021 5:54 am

a7ala wrote:
DavidByrne wrote:
I'm a bit disappointed that NZ hasn't taken the opportunity to inaugurate WLG-OOL - it seems to me an obvious route for the carrier to serve.

I recall JQ had announced just prior to Covid an increase on WLG-OOL to 6pw. Although no word on when they will return at this stage.

Wasn't WLG-OOL an old SJ route? did NZ ever take this one on when they folded SJ operation back into NZ?

Will DUD join HLZ,PMR,ROT in all losing there International status over the years?

BNE-DUD on VA always seemed to have good loadings.

LamboAston

Thu Mar 25, 2021 8:27 am

zkncj wrote:
a7ala wrote:
DavidByrne wrote:

Wasn't WLG-OOL an old SJ route? did NZ ever take this one on when they folded SJ operation back into NZ?

Will DUD join HLZ,PMR,ROT in all losing there International status over the years?

They've removed all the VA signage in Dunedin

NZ516

Thu Mar 25, 2021 3:22 pm

Emirates is to bring back their A380 to Christchurch from Dubai via Sydney again on November 2. Just hope they can get the borders open for them.

https://www.executivetraveller.com/news ... amOBT0bQXM

zkncj

Thu Mar 25, 2021 6:17 pm

LamboAston wrote:
zkncj wrote:
a7ala wrote:

They've removed all the VA signage in Dunedin

Unlike WLG, which has had VA adverts and sings during the entire pandemic.

NZ6

Thu Mar 25, 2021 6:59 pm

Announcement today.

VirginFlyer

Thu Mar 25, 2021 8:06 pm

NZ6 wrote:
Announcement today.

Of?

V/F

zkncj

Thu Mar 25, 2021 8:41 pm

NZ6 wrote:
Announcement today.

It seems promising of an Cook Islands bubble, now that the NZ Covid tracer app works in the Cooks. Although will it just be an another announcement of the date of the announcement?

AKL-RAR seems to be bookable as an daily 321NEO service from 12 April.

The question that I’ve got about the covid tracer app, is New Zealand wanting Australia to be apart of that too before we open an bubble with them....

tullamarine

Thu Mar 25, 2021 11:16 pm

zkncj wrote:

The question that I’ve got about the covid tracer app, is New Zealand wanting Australia to be apart of that too before we open an bubble with them....

I hope that is not what they want, I doubt it will happen. NSW (6.5m people) already has a standard app with high compliance from business and consumers. They won't want to risk that by starting with something different. Victoria (5.5M) has had less success with numerous apps but is now moving to a standard app based on the NSW model. The various governments should be working so the QR codes in businesses etc work across numerous apps.

NZ516

Fri Mar 26, 2021 12:27 am

Actually Victoria is a bit more than that it's population is 6.6 m and NSW 8.1 m

zkncj

Fri Mar 26, 2021 1:45 am

NZ6 wrote:
Announcement today.

So no firm date yet..... just an hopefully of an May start date.
Live stream https://www.stuff.co.nz/national/300262687/watch-live-cook-islands-pm-mark-brown-and-jacinda-ardern-front-media-after-meeting-in-auckland

NZ516

Fri Mar 26, 2021 2:34 am

Hobart flights might start on Anzac day.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-03-19/ ... /100018456

tullamarine

Fri Mar 26, 2021 2:40 am

At least one of these is wrong.

ZKSUJ

Fri Mar 26, 2021 2:49 am

tullamarine wrote:

At least one of these is wrong.

Nah man. May is the Raro Bubble, I think HBA is a west island territory? 8-)

Is the 380 comming back to AKL anytime soon as well?

Gangurru

Fri Mar 26, 2021 3:02 am

For the first three days of the fully opened Tasman Bubble services, every seat on every Qantas flight will be offered as a classic reward seat for frequent flyer redemptions.

It’s a great initiative to spur traveller bookings.

I’ll feel for QF’s Kiwi based crew, from stand down to chocka-block flights.

https://www.qantasnewsroom.com.au/media ... he-tasman/

zkncj

Fri Mar 26, 2021 3:11 am

Gangurru wrote:
For the first three days of the fully opened Tasman Bubble services, every seat on every Qantas flight will be offered as a classic reward seat for frequent flyer redemptions.

Qantas also just signed up with AA Smart Fuel, with an auto conversion option. You get 15QP/1c A Smart Fuel rewards.

So an $200 weekly spend at Countdown will net you 90QP an week.

Feels like QF are ready to take on the New Zealand market.

tullamarine

Fri Mar 26, 2021 3:37 am

zkncj wrote:
Gangurru wrote:

Qantas also just signed up with AA Smart Fuel, with an auto conversion option. You get 15QP/1c A Smart Fuel rewards.

I know fuel is a bit dearer in NZ compared with AU, but do you seriously spend $200 per week on petrol?? I buy premium and spend about $90 per fortnight.

zkncj

Fri Mar 26, 2021 4:03 am

tullamarine wrote:
zkncj wrote:
Gangurru wrote:

I know fuel is a bit dearer in NZ compared with AU, but do you seriously spend $200 per week on petrol?? I buy premium and spend about $90 per fortnight.

Countdown as supermarket (Woolworths in New Zealand).

At my local BP (Auckland) 98 is currently selling at $2.70/L - If you use 40L per week of 98 you spending around $108.....

budgetflyer

Fri Mar 26, 2021 11:19 am

Further to the announcement of AKL-HBA flights last week, here is an interesting article about the new services.

https://www.routesonline.com/news/29/br ... n-support/

According to the article, 54,751 pax travelled between HBA and New Zealand in 2019. This equates to an average of 75 pax per direction each day - I think NZ will have no trouble filling two or three flights a week, even if some of the traffic does continue to flow over other ports.

I expect this service to be a quiet success, and hope to see it continue for many years to come.

DavidByrne

Fri Mar 26, 2021 11:38 am

budgetflyer wrote:
Further to the announcement of AKL-HBA flights last week, here is an interesting article about the new services.

https://www.routesonline.com/news/29/br ... n-support/

According to the article, 54,751 pax travelled between HBA and New Zealand in 2019. This equates to an average of 75 pax per direction each day - I think NZ will have no trouble filling two or three flights a week, even if some of the traffic does continue to flow over other ports.

I expect this service to be a quiet success, and hope to see it continue for many years to come.

Interesting to note also that this was just O&D passengers. In addition NZ could expect a number of international connection passengers once traffic to and from North America resumes.

I'm always surprised when that particular website does an analysis of a route as to how many potential passengers some routes not served directly do actually have. I'd love to see their analysis (yet to be done, recently at least, as I've not seen it) of the current AKL-CBR numbers (and also the WLG-CBR numbers, and for good measure, CHC-ADL). That would perhaps help us understand which routes really are potential goers.

zkncj

Fri Mar 26, 2021 10:41 pm

In 2019 there was just under 45,000 passengers that flew between DUD & BNE approximately 865 people per week.

Source:https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dunedin_Airport

Based on that the 3x week VA services wouldn’t have done to badly in the past. That would be approximately 144 per service. On an 176 seater VA 738 that would be an 80% load factor.

One would expect allot of traffic between BNE & DUD would be very local.

So could be an case for someone to pickup this route once the Tasman bubble is operating?

NZ321

Sat Mar 27, 2021 6:17 am

zkncj wrote:
In 2019 there was just under 45,000 passengers that flew between DUD & BNE approximately 865 people per week.

Based on that the 3x week VA services wouldn’t have done to badly in the past. That would be approximately 144 per service. On an 176 seater VA 738 that would be an 80% load factor.

So could be an case for someone to pickup this route once the Tasman bubble is operating?

We don't really know from the load factor whether the route was profitable though. Selling the seats is one thing and selling them at a profit another.

ZK-NBT

Sat Mar 27, 2021 6:43 am

NZ321 wrote:
zkncj wrote:

We don't really know from the load factor whether the route was profitable though. Selling the seats is one thing and selling them at a profit another.

No idea if it was profitable although I think VA were usually 4 weekly. Who else would fly it though really, JQ don't or pre Covid didn't do international ex BNE, I can't see QF or NZ touching it.

anstar

Sat Mar 27, 2021 7:00 am

ZK-NBT wrote:
. Who else would fly it though really, JQ don't or pre Covid didn't do international ex BNE, I can't see QF or NZ touching it.

JQ did have international service from BNE pre Covid with BNE-DPS.

zkncj

Sat Mar 27, 2021 8:32 am

New Information put this afternoon shows that 23,447 people arrived from Australia in the past 8 months and only 3 people have tested positive after arriving in the past 8 months.
Source: https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/transtasman-bubble-boost-positive-step-as-number-of-infected-australian-travellers-revealed/BLIAFITD3MSJSJ34R6GZEJUJCA/

Seems like positive news towards an Tasman bubble, being very low risk.

ZK-NBT

Sat Mar 27, 2021 8:40 am

anstar wrote:
ZK-NBT wrote:
. Who else would fly it though really, JQ don't or pre Covid didn't do international ex BNE, I can't see QF or NZ touching it.

Thanks, not sure if it makes a difference with aircraft or crew scheduling as that was a 788 which did MEL-DPS-BNE-DPS-MEL IIRC. Did JQ have BNE-HNL 2-3 years back for a period aswelll?

NZ6

Sun Mar 28, 2021 4:36 am

zkncj wrote:
NZ6 wrote:
Announcement today.

It seems promising of an Cook Islands bubble, now that the NZ Covid tracer app works in the Cooks. Although will it just be an another announcement of the date of the announcement?

Yes sorry, I got word the PM was making an announcement re the Cook Island bubble with PM Brown on Friday afternoon. Seemed very much like an announcement around commencement but was only a timeframe and still subject to other things happening.

DavidByrne

Sun Mar 28, 2021 5:07 am

NZ6 wrote:
zkncj wrote:
NZ6 wrote:
Announcement today.

Yes sorry, I got word the PM was making an announcement re the Cook Island bubble with PM Brown on Friday afternoon. Seemed very much like an announcement around commencement but was only a timeframe and still subject to other things happening.

I believe that one of the obstacles to opening the bubble and beginning the planned daily A321 service was the need to set up covid testing facilities in Raro and have staff trained etc. Does anyone know whether this has yet been established?

anstar

Sun Mar 28, 2021 6:18 am

ZK-NBT wrote:
anstar wrote:
ZK-NBT wrote:

Thanks, not sure if it makes a difference with aircraft or crew scheduling as that was a 788 which did MEL-DPS-BNE-DPS-MEL IIRC. Did JQ have BNE-HNL 2-3 years back for a period aswelll?

The BNE-DPS flights do have some BNE crew - but worth calling out that most of JQ's international flights are crewed by crew from Singapore, Indonesia and Thailand.

zkncj

Sun Mar 28, 2021 7:21 am

anstar wrote:
ZK-NBT wrote:
anstar wrote:

The BNE-DPS flights do have some BNE crew - but worth calling out that most of JQ's international flights are crewed by crew from Singapore, Indonesia and Thailand.

Pre-covid some of the Tasman flights would be crew AKL-ZQN-Australia etc with New Zealand based crews.

No reason why that couldn't work with an daily AKL-DUD-BNE-(overnight)-DUD-AKL service with New Zealand based crews.

If New Zealand opens to Australia by Winter, I would expect allot of demand across New Zealand for travel to Queensland.

QuayWeeAir

Sun Mar 28, 2021 2:50 pm

zkncj wrote:
anstar wrote:
ZK-NBT wrote:

Pre-covid some of the Tasman flights would be crew AKL-ZQN-Australia etc with New Zealand based crews.

No reason why that couldn't work with an daily AKL-DUD-BNE-(overnight)-DUD-AKL service with New Zealand based crews.

If New Zealand opens to Australia by Winter, I would expect allot of demand across New Zealand for travel to Queensland.

I'm pretty sure Virgin Australia flights from Dunedin to Brisbane were weight restricted due to the length of the runway at DUD.... Max I think was 140... Flights were one of the profitable ones on the TransTasman network (albeit with a few kickbacks from the local council/tourism board)

VA would be silly not to restart these services if they had opportunity to do it again.

LamboAston

Mon Mar 29, 2021 3:56 am

QuayWeeAir wrote:
zkncj wrote:
anstar wrote:

I'm pretty sure Virgin Australia flights from Dunedin to Brisbane were weight restricted due to the length of the runway at DUD.... Max I think was 140... Flights were one of the profitable ones on the TransTasman network (albeit with a few kickbacks from the local council/tourism board)

VA would be silly not to restart these services if they had opportunity to do it again.

Nope, I loaded flights to 179 pax.

QuayWeeAir

Mon Mar 29, 2021 4:17 am

LamboAston wrote:
QuayWeeAir wrote:
zkncj wrote:

Oh that's strange because none of the flights I operated out of Dunedin were loaded with that amount of passengers ever....

aerorobnz

Mon Mar 29, 2021 5:38 am

The market changed pre covid and VA was already struggling to cope. NZ/QF has closed the door in VA doing anything internationally for the time being. I'd be surprised to see them back in AKL, let alone DUD. The fact that VA even exists is remarkable as they should have been out of business years ago.

LamboAston

Mon Mar 29, 2021 6:23 am

QuayWeeAir wrote:
LamboAston wrote:
QuayWeeAir wrote:

Oh that's strange because none of the flights I operated out of Dunedin were loaded with that amount of passengers ever....

I spent 6 months loading them, school holiday average was 140, we had a couple of weeks in summer with every flight over 150 in and out

zkncj

Mon Mar 29, 2021 8:45 am

https://p-airnz.com/cms/assets/NZ-Agents/Wing-Tips/2021/WTPS-5090-26-Mar-21.pdf

AirNZ put out an travel agent update over the weekend, which gives an few details of there bubble plans.

- From 12 of April, all Red Flights between Australia and New Zealand will end. You must haven been in NZ or AU for more than 14 days before travelling on the Tasman.
- PER services are subject to WA Government.
- 787 services between CHC-MEL.
- Aiming to start at 65% of pre-covid levels.

NZ516

Mon Mar 29, 2021 1:00 pm

zkncj wrote:
https://p-airnz.com/cms/assets/NZ-Agents/Wing-Tips/2021/WTPS-5090-26-Mar-21.pdf

AirNZ put out an travel agent update over the weekend, which gives an few details of there bubble plans.

- From 12 of April, all Red Flights between Australia and New Zealand will end. You must haven been in NZ or AU for more than 14 days before travelling on the Tasman.
- PER services are subject to WA Government.
- 787 services between CHC-MEL.
- Aiming to start at 65% of pre-covid levels.

That is a good find thanks for sharing. The CHC to MEL 787 flights run 2 weekly from 30 March to 12 April then it reverts to 320 at 6-7 weekly.

zkncj

Tue Mar 30, 2021 6:54 am

With the latest clusters in QLD, surely Tuesday bubble announcement isn’t going to go well? For travel anytime soon....

anstar

Tue Mar 30, 2021 7:25 am

zkncj wrote:
With the latest clusters in QLD, surely Tuesday bubble announcement isn’t going to go well? For travel anytime soon....

Given the travel bubble will have to deal with situations like the one in QLD shouldn't mean that the bubble is not opened. They just need to have some framework around what happens when a city like Brisbane or Auckland locks down.

GW54

Tue Mar 30, 2021 8:14 am

anstar wrote:
zkncj wrote:

Given the travel bubble will have to deal with situations like the one in QLD shouldn't mean that the bubble is not opened. They just need to have some framework around what happens when a city like Brisbane or Auckland locks down.

The bubble is about more than Queensland or Auckland. If either is locked down for a period you can still operate happily into all the other ports. Both Wellington and Christchurch haven't had any positive cases for months.

a7ala

Tue Mar 30, 2021 8:16 pm

GW54 wrote:
anstar wrote:
zkncj wrote:

The bubble is about more than Queensland or Auckland. If either is locked down for a period you can still operate happily into all the other ports. Both Wellington and Christchurch haven't had any positive cases for months.

The trick will be how do you restrict people from locked down areas using services where the bubble is open. We saw that when the original one-way travel was openned between NZ and NSW where passengers where connecting with VIC and SA which were closed at the time.

VirginFlyer

Thu Apr 01, 2021 8:03 am

I’ve created a new thread: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1459367

V/F

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos