Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

 
User avatar
Miami
Topic Author
Posts: 6256
Joined: Sat Sep 15, 2012 8:37 pm

Neos Applies For US Service

Wed Mar 10, 2021 1:28 am

Neos has applied with the US Department of Transportation (DOT) to request permission to start flying to the United States but did not specify which routes they planned on serving.

https://onemileatatime.com/neos-italy-usa-flights/

Which routes do you see happening?

- Miami
Aviation is proof that given, the will, we have the capacity to achieve the impossible. - Eddie Rickenbacker
 
MAH4546
Posts: 26565
Joined: Wed Jan 24, 2001 1:44 pm

Re: Neos Applies For US Service

Wed Mar 10, 2021 1:34 am

It’s undoubtedly for Miami-Milan with AA out (for now) and Air Italy gone.
a.
 
nomorerjs
Posts: 907
Joined: Wed Sep 01, 2004 10:24 am

Re: Neos Applies For US Service

Wed Mar 10, 2021 4:37 am

Makes sense.
 
wedgetail737
Posts: 5600
Joined: Mon Aug 04, 2003 8:44 am

Re: Neos Applies For US Service

Wed Mar 10, 2021 5:42 am

It would be cool to see them fly to the Western US.
 
oldannyboy
Posts: 2623
Joined: Wed Jun 15, 2016 8:28 am

Re: Neos Applies For US Service

Wed Mar 10, 2021 9:26 am

They are a really good airline, with a young, enthusiastic, dedicated staff, an impeccably maintained fleet, and a really good onboard service. I wish them really well!
 
ContinentalEWR
Posts: 4307
Joined: Wed May 24, 2000 2:50 am

Re: Neos Applies For US Service

Wed Mar 10, 2021 11:36 am

MAH4546 wrote:
It’s undoubtedly for Miami-Milan with AA out (for now) and Air Italy gone.


MXP-MIA seems like a good market for them to enter, given AA's exit, though I believe AA will re-enter the market once things normalize, but that could be a year or more away. A JFK route is not out of the realm of possibility either, given AZ's exit from MXP long haul entirely but whatever they do add if in 2021 will be quite limited. Tourism from the US to Italy and vice versa will not recover quickly this year and business travel will remain very soft.
 
User avatar
LH748
Posts: 482
Joined: Fri Jan 22, 2016 10:44 am

Re: Neos Applies For US Service

Wed Mar 10, 2021 12:08 pm

oldannyboy wrote:
They are a really good airline, with a young, enthusiastic, dedicated staff, an impeccably maintained fleet, and a really good onboard service. I wish them really well!

How nice that we can welcome the PR manager of Neos on airliners.net
306 310 318 319 320 321 333 343 388 ATR72 733 737 738 739 743 744 748 752 753 763 764 772 77W 788 CRJ7 CRJ9 E170 F100 MD11 RJ1H
AA AB AC AF AK AZ BA DE DL EW FD FR HF HG IB IR MF KU LH LT LX OD TG TK TP UA VJ VN WN W6 YP YW
 
MIflyer12
Posts: 9442
Joined: Mon Feb 18, 2013 11:58 pm

Re: Neos Applies For US Service

Wed Mar 10, 2021 1:11 pm

wedgetail737 wrote:
It would be cool to see them fly to the Western US.


How far in time does one need to go back to find Alitalia running anything year-round from the West Coast? The list of U.S. cities that can support year-round service to Italy (even Rome, let alone Milan) is pretty short.
 
aaflyer777
Posts: 305
Joined: Wed Feb 05, 2014 6:37 pm

Re: Neos Applies For US Service

Wed Mar 10, 2021 1:50 pm

I think JFK and MIA are safe bets. BOS-MXP might be worth a shot at some point, I know Air Italy was looking into it before they shut down
 
User avatar
adamh8297
Posts: 3271
Joined: Sat Dec 15, 2012 6:28 pm

Re: Neos Applies For US Service

Wed Mar 10, 2021 2:16 pm

MIflyer12 wrote:
wedgetail737 wrote:
It would be cool to see them fly to the Western US.


How far in time does one need to go back to find Alitalia running anything year-round from the West Coast? The list of U.S. cities that can support year-round service to Italy (even Rome, let alone Milan) is pretty short.


Neos is completely leisure so any route to a major metro area in USA wouldn't surprise me. I don't think any routes will be daily.

An ambitious scheme would be something like 3 weekly MIA, 2 weekly SFO or LAX, 2 weekly ORD or BOS or IAD.

A safer plan would be 3-4 weekly MIA with a possible west coast route as a second tier option. The majority of their destinations seem to have a beach.

Edit: Anything outside MIA would be seasonal too! - 787 should go to HKT, MLE and Caribbean in the winter.
Airlines flown: A3, AA, AC, AF, AM, BA, B6, CA, CO, CX, DL, EA, EL, IB, LH, MI, MQ, NH, NW, NZ, OU, PE, QF, S4, SQ, TP, UA, US, VS, WE, WN
 
asuflyer
Posts: 717
Joined: Mon Jan 01, 2007 12:48 pm

Re: Neos Applies For US Service

Wed Mar 10, 2021 4:22 pm

They are already flying MXP-JFK but doing cargo only runs. Also I wouldn't be surprised to see them go after former seasonal IG routes like NAP-JFK, PMO-JFK. It depends how much they want to develop their US pos, given that their brand is only known in Italy at the moment.
 
oldannyboy
Posts: 2623
Joined: Wed Jun 15, 2016 8:28 am

Re: Neos Applies For US Service

Thu Mar 11, 2021 10:31 am

LH748 wrote:
oldannyboy wrote:
They are a really good airline, with a young, enthusiastic, dedicated staff, an impeccably maintained fleet, and a really good onboard service. I wish them really well!

How nice that we can welcome the PR manager of Neos on airliners.net


I have flown them a couple of times on long-hauls out of MXP, and the service and crew were in both instances (4 flights in all) really rather outstanding.
 
bravotango75
Posts: 116
Joined: Wed May 22, 2019 5:14 pm

Re: Neos Applies For US Service

Thu Mar 11, 2021 12:39 pm

The usual suspects, MXP-JFK, BOS, MIA, ORD, and likely LAX, SFO at some point, nothing beyond those markets.
 
Nicknuzzii
Posts: 1848
Joined: Sat Sep 15, 2018 5:57 pm

Re: Neos Applies For US Service

Thu Mar 11, 2021 2:19 pm

bravotango75 wrote:
The usual suspects, MXP-JFK, BOS, MIA, ORD, and likely LAX, SFO at some point, nothing beyond those markets.


No EWR? It is the second busiest TATL airport in the US.
 
MAH4546
Posts: 26565
Joined: Wed Jan 24, 2001 1:44 pm

Re: Neos Applies For US Service

Thu Mar 11, 2021 2:36 pm

Nicknuzzii wrote:
bravotango75 wrote:
The usual suspects, MXP-JFK, BOS, MIA, ORD, and likely LAX, SFO at some point, nothing beyond those markets.


No EWR? It is the second busiest TATL airport in the US.


They are a holiday airline. Chicago is never happening. Boston is never happening. Newark is a stretch. In the best of times Milan struggled to support LAX and SFO. JFK-MXP remains overserved and flooded with capacity.

Too many optimistic guesses here. It’s a few flights a week to Miami and nada more.
a.
 
User avatar
aemoreira1981
Posts: 3822
Joined: Mon Jan 09, 2017 12:17 am

Re: Neos Applies For US Service

Thu Mar 11, 2021 4:41 pm

MAH4546 wrote:
Nicknuzzii wrote:
bravotango75 wrote:
The usual suspects, MXP-JFK, BOS, MIA, ORD, and likely LAX, SFO at some point, nothing beyond those markets.


No EWR? It is the second busiest TATL airport in the US.


They are a holiday airline. Chicago is never happening. Boston is never happening. Newark is a stretch. In the best of times Milan struggled to support LAX and SFO. JFK-MXP remains overserved and flooded with capacity.

Too many optimistic guesses here. It’s a few flights a week to Miami and nada more.


What about MCO or SFB? Maybe TPA or FLL.
 
B752OS
Posts: 1316
Joined: Thu Dec 22, 2005 4:05 am

Re: Neos Applies For US Service

Thu Mar 11, 2021 5:26 pm

aemoreira1981 wrote:
MAH4546 wrote:
Nicknuzzii wrote:

No EWR? It is the second busiest TATL airport in the US.


They are a holiday airline. Chicago is never happening. Boston is never happening. Newark is a stretch. In the best of times Milan struggled to support LAX and SFO. JFK-MXP remains overserved and flooded with capacity.

Too many optimistic guesses here. It’s a few flights a week to Miami and nada more.


What about MCO or SFB? Maybe TPA or FLL.


Based off of the air service, it could be suggested that outside of the UK, Europeans don't really care much to visit Orlando, while Miami draws the vast majority of visitors.
 
User avatar
dabpit
Posts: 958
Joined: Tue May 01, 2012 10:19 am

Re: Neos Applies For US Service

Thu Mar 11, 2021 7:44 pm

B752OS wrote:
aemoreira1981 wrote:
MAH4546 wrote:

They are a holiday airline. Chicago is never happening. Boston is never happening. Newark is a stretch. In the best of times Milan struggled to support LAX and SFO. JFK-MXP remains overserved and flooded with capacity.

Too many optimistic guesses here. It’s a few flights a week to Miami and nada more.


What about MCO or SFB? Maybe TPA or FLL.


Based off of the air service, it could be suggested that outside of the UK, Europeans don't really care much to visit Orlando, while Miami draws the vast majority of visitors.


Based on the fact that neos is a liesure airline it would be safe to say that MIA will more than likely be their only US destination for the time being. MCO is definently not going to happen, as B752OS pointed out it is UK travelers that care about Orlando whereas Europeans aren't nearly as interested. The only other destination in Florida that neos may have an interest in (other than MIA) is TPA but that might be a stretch.
Carpe Diem
 
MAH4546
Posts: 26565
Joined: Wed Jan 24, 2001 1:44 pm

Re: Neos Applies For US Service

Thu Mar 11, 2021 8:10 pm

aemoreira1981 wrote:
MAH4546 wrote:
Nicknuzzii wrote:

No EWR? It is the second busiest TATL airport in the US.


They are a holiday airline. Chicago is never happening. Boston is never happening. Newark is a stretch. In the best of times Milan struggled to support LAX and SFO. JFK-MXP remains overserved and flooded with capacity.

Too many optimistic guesses here. It’s a few flights a week to Miami and nada more.


What about MCO or SFB? Maybe TPA or FLL.


There’s no market to Italy from Central Florida. FLL, sure but why fly there when MIA is down the road and the preferred airport?
a.
 
rutankrd
Posts: 3080
Joined: Mon Sep 08, 2003 6:08 am

Re: Neos Applies For US Service

Thu Mar 11, 2021 10:48 pm

Na they are a Tui partner so it will be cruises into Florida (Whats that airport TUi have moved to nearer the coast ? )and Las Vegas imho.
 
Nicoeddf
Posts: 1073
Joined: Thu Jan 10, 2008 7:13 am

Re: Neos Applies For US Service

Thu Mar 11, 2021 11:48 pm

oldannyboy wrote:
LH748 wrote:
oldannyboy wrote:
They are a really good airline, with a young, enthusiastic, dedicated staff, an impeccably maintained fleet, and a really good onboard service. I wish them really well!

How nice that we can welcome the PR manager of Neos on airliners.net


I have flown them a couple of times on long-hauls out of MXP, and the service and crew were in both instances (4 flights in all) really rather outstanding.


And how impeccable maintained the aircraft was.
Enslave yourself to the divine disguised as salvation
that your bought with your sacrifice
Deception justified for your holy design
High on our platform spewing out your crimes
from the altar of god
 
oldannyboy
Posts: 2623
Joined: Wed Jun 15, 2016 8:28 am

Re: Neos Applies For US Service

Fri Mar 12, 2021 8:09 am

rutankrd wrote:
Na they are a Tui partner so it will be cruises into Florida (Whats that airport TUi have moved to nearer the coast ? )and Las Vegas imho.

No, they are no longer (have not been for many years) a TUI partner.
 
asuflyer
Posts: 717
Joined: Mon Jan 01, 2007 12:48 pm

Re: Neos Applies For US Service

Sun May 16, 2021 6:57 pm

Neos has loaded JFK pax service starting June 27th. Currently they serve JFK but as a cargo only service.

NO787 MXP1220 – 1450JFK 787 47
NO789 JFK1750 – 0720+1MXP 787 47
 
ContinentalEWR
Posts: 4307
Joined: Wed May 24, 2000 2:50 am

Re: Neos Applies For US Service

Sun May 16, 2021 7:25 pm

Nicknuzzii wrote:
bravotango75 wrote:
The usual suspects, MXP-JFK, BOS, MIA, ORD, and likely LAX, SFO at some point, nothing beyond those markets.


No EWR? It is the second busiest TATL airport in the US.


And mostly *A. I don't see them going into EWR vs. JFK for a passenger service unless they can't get a desired time/slot. Almost all EWR-Europe is on *A, with the exception of British Airways, Aer Lingus, EL AL, Icelandair, La Compagnie, French Bee (if they actually start flying in June to EWR, and Emirates). There's room for another player on EWR-MXP since UA have it to themselves but think any new pax service to MXP will fly out of JFK.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos