Page 1 of 1

Which airlines use which piers at Glasgow Airport?

Posted: Thu Mar 11, 2021 9:24 pm
by 8herveg
Which airlines use which piers at Glasgow Airport? My understanding is that it's the following, but I'm sure it varies:

West Pier:

Air Canada Rouge
Air Transat
BH Air
Blue Air
Emirates
Icelandair
Jet2.com - but don't they use the East Pier too?
KLM
Lufthansa
TUI Airways
United Airlines
Virgin Atlantic
WestJet

Central Pier:

Aer Lingus Regional
British Airways
Loganair - but don't they use the East Pier too?

East Pier:

EasyJet - both domestic and international flights??
Ryanair


Thanks!

Re: Which airlines use which piers at Glasgow Airport?

Posted: Thu Mar 11, 2021 11:47 pm
by Crosswind
You’ll see Jet2 and TUI at the central pier at peak times, usually slot 1 departures.
Loganair mainly East Pier.
BA Summer charters park at all 3 at the weekend.
Flybe have left a lot of capacity on the central pier.

International arrivals can be on any gate... but if it’s not West pier they are coached to passport control.

Re: Which airlines use which piers at Glasgow Airport?

Posted: Fri Mar 12, 2021 9:42 am
by 8herveg
Crosswind wrote:
You’ll see Jet2 and TUI at the central pier at peak times, usually slot 1 departures.
Loganair mainly East Pier.
BA Summer charters park at all 3 at the weekend.
Flybe have left a lot of capacity on the central pier.

International arrivals can be on any gate... but if it’s not West pier they are coached to passport control.


Thanks! For some reason, I thought the Central Pier was only setup for Domestic, Irish and Channel Islands flights.

Do BA really have that many Summer charters, that justifies them using all 3 piers?

Thanks

Re: Which airlines use which piers at Glasgow Airport?

Posted: Fri Mar 12, 2021 8:07 pm
by Crosswind
8herveg wrote:
Do BA really have that many Summer charters, that justifies them using all 3 piers?


Historically up to 5 E190s on the ground in GLA Friday and Saturday night... and obviously all international rotations. Plus LHR and LGW aircraft on regular schedules over the weekend.

As opposed to the regular weekday traffic being all domestic and only 2 LCY night stoppers, plus the LHR and LGW aircraft... usually 2 LHR and 1 LGW overnight.

Regards
CROSSWIND

Re: Which airlines use which piers at Glasgow Airport?

Posted: Mon Mar 15, 2021 10:29 am
by 8herveg
Crosswind wrote:
8herveg wrote:
Do BA really have that many Summer charters, that justifies them using all 3 piers?


Historically up to 5 E190s on the ground in GLA Friday and Saturday night... and obviously all international rotations. Plus LHR and LGW aircraft on regular schedules over the weekend.

As opposed to the regular weekday traffic being all domestic and only 2 LCY night stoppers, plus the LHR and LGW aircraft... usually 2 LHR and 1 LGW overnight.

Regards
CROSSWIND


Wow, didn't realise it was that many. So on a Friday night in the Summer. there could be as many as 10 BA aircraft on the ground at GLA? 5 E190 charters and 2 x LCY, 2 x LHR and 1 x LGW night stoppers?

Thanks!

Re: Which airlines use which piers at Glasgow Airport?

Posted: Mon Mar 15, 2021 3:12 pm
by Crosswind
Not quite, the 5 E190s would include the regular LCY night stopper aircraft. They don’t go to LCY on a Saturday or Sunday morning.