Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

DLHAM

Re: New Norwegian low-cost Norse Atlantic Airways announced

Thu Apr 15, 2021 9:04 pm

PatrickZ80 wrote:
I feel like I've seen that list before, there was a lot of commotion about the fact that for most flights London was referred to as LON however the second route from above shows MCO-LHR. So in that case they were just referring to Heathrow, ignoring the fact that there were lots of flights from Gatwick to Orlando.

But of course you got to keep in mind, by far most of these routes are served one-stop. The fact that there's no non-stop service doesn't mean it's unserved and low-cost travelers won't mind a connection if that saves them money.

I added Heathrow to Orlando to that list because its an amazingly high number of passengers, its just for Info. One could consider Heathrow a different place/catchment than Gatwick as well. But LHR-MCO on that list is mainly just a "fun fact".
I am still searching for more unserved routes with very high potential ... But now Corona came and I will have to get new numbers for all these markets (you can forget about the 2020 numbers, 2021 as well).
My Instagram Account: Instagram

jomur

Sat Apr 17, 2021 1:27 pm

DLHAM wrote:
PatrickZ80 wrote:
I feel like I've seen that list before, there was a lot of commotion about the fact that for most flights London was referred to as LON however the second route from above shows MCO-LHR. So in that case they were just referring to Heathrow, ignoring the fact that there were lots of flights from Gatwick to Orlando.

But of course you got to keep in mind, by far most of these routes are served one-stop. The fact that there's no non-stop service doesn't mean it's unserved and low-cost travelers won't mind a connection if that saves them money.

I added Heathrow to Orlando to that list because its an amazingly high number of passengers, its just for Info. One could consider Heathrow a different place/catchment than Gatwick as well. But LHR-MCO on that list is mainly just a "fun fact".
I am still searching for more unserved routes with very high potential ... But now Corona came and I will have to get new numbers for all these markets (you can forget about the 2020 numbers, 2021 as well).

People go LHR-XXX-MCO because generally its cheaper than going LGW-MCO direct. Now that both BA and VS are going to operate LHR-MCO direct it will be interesting to see how many still go LHR-XXX-MCO due to cost.

DLHAM

Sun Apr 18, 2021 1:27 pm

jomur wrote:
DLHAM wrote:
PatrickZ80 wrote:

People go LHR-XXX-MCO because generally its cheaper than going LGW-MCO direct. Now that both BA and VS are going to operate LHR-MCO direct it will be interesting to see how many still go LHR-XXX-MCO due to cost.

Yes, they like to charge a premium for nonstops. But theres still quite a lot people flying LGW-MCO, otherwise no one would serve that route. Given that so many people still fly LHR-XXX-MCO means that the whole market seems underserved. Unless all those people from LHR fly on cheapest tickets ...
My Instagram Account: Instagram

Someone83

Wed Apr 21, 2021 7:43 am

They seems to be looking for people to fill various administrative and technical positions in both Norway and the UK for the moment

jomur

Wed Apr 21, 2021 8:13 am

DLHAM wrote:
jomur wrote:
DLHAM wrote:

Yes, they like to charge a premium for nonstops. But theres still quite a lot people flying LGW-MCO, otherwise no one would serve that route. Given that so many people still fly LHR-XXX-MCO means that the whole market seems underserved. Unless all those people from LHR fly on cheapest tickets ...

Yep, its the cheapest tickets.. I was just pointing out just because people go from XXX via YYY to get to ZZZ does not mean they would go XXX-ZZZ direct if its cheap going via YYY, so its not an automatic reason to fly XXX-ZZZ direct compared to going via somewhere else.

Someone83

Thu Apr 22, 2021 7:55 am

Norse Atlantic has reserved the following registration marks: LN-NOB, LN-NOC, LN-NOE, LN-NOF, LN-NOG, LN-NOH, LN-NOI, LN-NOJ

All registrations former used on ex-Norwegian 737-800s

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos