Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

 
User avatar
AirPacific747
Topic Author
Posts: 9875
Joined: Mon May 19, 2008 9:52 am

Comlux 787 Direct from ICN to EZE today

Sun Mar 28, 2021 11:16 pm

Is this the longest 787 flight ever? Must be close anyway. It’s almost on the exact opposite sides of the planet.

Last week the same aircraft did PPT-CPH nonstop too.

It’s still airborne after close to 20 hours in the air at the time of posting this. The reg is P4-787 for anyone using FR24.

What’s the purpose of these random ultra long flights?
 
GalaxyFlyer
Posts: 8088
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 2016 4:44 am

Re: Comlux 787 Direct from ICN to EZE today

Sun Mar 28, 2021 11:28 pm

Private charters, that is what Comlux does. Passenger moves or deadheads. Look at its history. I think I’ve seen the plane at EBACE in LSGG.
 
User avatar
AirPacific747
Topic Author
Posts: 9875
Joined: Mon May 19, 2008 9:52 am

Re: Comlux 787 Direct from ICN to EZE today

Sun Mar 28, 2021 11:31 pm

GalaxyFlyer wrote:
Private charters, that is what Comlux does. Passenger moves or deadheads.


Makes sense, but look at the flights it’s done during the past two weeks. The plane doesn’t return to most of the destinations it visited like you would expect if it was going to pick up the passengers for the return flight.
 
GalaxyFlyer
Posts: 8088
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 2016 4:44 am

Re: Comlux 787 Direct from ICN to EZE today

Sun Mar 28, 2021 11:41 pm

The pax may stay in these destinations for a month—third or fourth home. I know bizjets that sit for months at an airport, crew goes home. The Nice ramp is booked all summer with planes that rarely move. Look at the time spent at Male and Gan last month.
 
User avatar
AirPacific747
Topic Author
Posts: 9875
Joined: Mon May 19, 2008 9:52 am

Re: Comlux 787 Direct from ICN to EZE today

Sun Mar 28, 2021 11:44 pm

GalaxyFlyer wrote:
The pax may stay in these destinations for a month—third or fourth home. I know bizjets that sit for months at an airport, crew goes home. The Nice ramp is booked all summer with planes that rarely move. Look at the time spent at Male and Gan last month.


Interesting. Thanks. I’m curious to know more about the logistics of swapping pilots and cabin crew at various destinations. Unless they work for weeks at a time.
 
SkyLife
Posts: 36
Joined: Tue Mar 31, 2020 1:45 pm

Re: Comlux 787 Direct from ICN to EZE today

Mon Mar 29, 2021 12:00 am

AirPacific747 wrote:
GalaxyFlyer wrote:
The pax may stay in these destinations for a month—third or fourth home. I know bizjets that sit for months at an airport, crew goes home. The Nice ramp is booked all summer with planes that rarely move. Look at the time spent at Male and Gan last month.


Interesting. Thanks. I’m curious to know more about the logistics of swapping pilots and cabin crew at various destinations. Unless they work for weeks at a time.


Crew is probably DH’d home and returns at a later date to get aircraft. Or could be DH’d to another airplane and will continue working their trip.
 
GalaxyFlyer
Posts: 8088
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 2016 4:44 am

Re: Comlux 787 Direct from ICN to EZE today

Mon Mar 29, 2021 12:29 am

Airlines work for crews just like any other pax. Corporate/charter guys and gals get lots of FF miles. One I know of, plane flies to about 5-7 destinations a year, owner stays at his home, crew airlines home. When owner wants to go, a tech goes out, gives the plane an extensive pre-flight, crew airlines in and flies the family or owner to other home or to business appointment. Plane probably flies 140 hours a year.
 
AngelsDecay
Posts: 110
Joined: Sat Mar 23, 2019 9:19 pm

Re: Comlux 787 Direct from ICN to EZE today

Mon Mar 29, 2021 1:31 am

I wonder how much fuel remaining after landing..?
 
User avatar
SuseJ772
Posts: 1063
Joined: Wed Aug 10, 2005 11:13 am

Re: Comlux 787 Direct from ICN to EZE today

Mon Mar 29, 2021 1:44 am

It's also amazing that flight only requires ETOPS-180. I would have sworn it was more than that.

http://gc.kls2.com/cgi-bin/gc?PATH=icn- ... &ETOPS=180
 
User avatar
FLALEFTY
Posts: 1060
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2006 11:33 am

Re: Comlux 787 Direct from ICN to EZE today

Mon Mar 29, 2021 2:20 am

Comlux Aruba just obtained this B788 in February of this year. This plane was previously leased from AerCap to Aeromexico.

https://www.planespotters.net/airframe/ ... uba/e012p6
 
PA515
Posts: 1674
Joined: Tue Nov 06, 2007 6:17 am

Re: Comlux 787 Direct from ICN to EZE today

Mon Mar 29, 2021 2:40 am

It has now flown EZE-PDP. It was delivered to Comlux GYR-PDP on 08 Feb, so PDP appears to be it's base.

PA515
 
dcajet
Posts: 5036
Joined: Sun Aug 01, 2004 9:31 am

Re: Comlux 787 Direct from ICN to EZE today

Mon Mar 29, 2021 2:50 am

Argentinian "renaissance man" Enrique Piñeyro (airline pilot, medicine doctor and movie maker) is involved with the operations of this aircraft. There have been rumors on the local press about his family's financial interest in Comlux. Mr Piñeyro directed - and acted in - this movie about the LAPA accident at AEP in 1999: Whisky Romeo Zulu

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0356487/
 
dcajet
Posts: 5036
Joined: Sun Aug 01, 2004 9:31 am

Re: Comlux 787 Direct from ICN to EZE today

Tue Mar 30, 2021 11:18 pm

Mr. Enrique Piñeyro posted a pic on Twitter from the 787 cockpit over Korea - presumably on the nonstop ICN-EZE

https://twitter.com/epineyro_ok/status/ ... 1966648325
 
User avatar
AirPacific747
Topic Author
Posts: 9875
Joined: Mon May 19, 2008 9:52 am

Re: Comlux 787 Direct from ICN to EZE today

Thu Apr 01, 2021 6:28 pm

dcajet wrote:
Mr. Enrique Piñeyro posted a pic on Twitter from the 787 cockpit over Korea - presumably on the nonstop ICN-EZE

https://twitter.com/epineyro_ok/status/ ... 1966648325


Thanks for sharing!
 
dcajet
Posts: 5036
Joined: Sun Aug 01, 2004 9:31 am

Re: Comlux 787 Direct from ICN to EZE today

Mon Jun 07, 2021 6:20 pm

Comlux and its single 787 are at it again. Yesterday, (Jun 6th) P4-787 flew nonstop from Male MLE to Buenos Aires EZE, 8,724 miles in 17 h 41 m w/21 people onboard.

https://twitter.com/SpottersArg/status/ ... 5806722059

Image
 
Avgeek21
Posts: 302
Joined: Mon Mar 04, 2019 5:44 am

Re: Comlux 787 Direct from ICN to EZE today

Mon Jun 07, 2021 7:15 pm

dcajet wrote:
Comlux and its single 787 are at it again. Yesterday, (Jun 6th) P4-787 flew nonstop from Male MLE to Buenos Aires EZE, 8,724 miles in 17 h 41 m w/21 people onboard.

https://twitter.com/SpottersArg/status/ ... 5806722059

Image



I saw it in MLE parked up on the Eastern Apron the other day. It then did a quick midday flight to Gan and back in southern Maldives. <1hr vs nearly 18!
 
Max Q
Posts: 9053
Joined: Wed May 09, 2001 12:40 pm

Re: Comlux 787 Direct from ICN to EZE today

Mon Jun 07, 2021 10:27 pm

AirPacific747 wrote:
Is this the longest 787 flight ever? Must be close anyway. It’s almost on the exact opposite sides of the planet.

Last week the same aircraft did PPT-CPH nonstop too.

It’s still airborne after close to 20 hours in the air at the time of posting this. The reg is P4-787 for anyone using FR24.

What’s the purpose of these random ultra long flights?



Longest 787 flight ?


That’s over 10,500 nautical miles, I don’t know of any longer flights by any aircraft, I’m thinking this was a ferry flight or had a minimal load
 
User avatar
AirPacific747
Topic Author
Posts: 9875
Joined: Mon May 19, 2008 9:52 am

Re: Comlux 787 Direct from ICN to EZE today

Tue Jun 08, 2021 7:37 pm

Max Q wrote:
AirPacific747 wrote:
Is this the longest 787 flight ever? Must be close anyway. It’s almost on the exact opposite sides of the planet.

Last week the same aircraft did PPT-CPH nonstop too.

It’s still airborne after close to 20 hours in the air at the time of posting this. The reg is P4-787 for anyone using FR24.

What’s the purpose of these random ultra long flights?



Longest 787 flight ?


That’s over 10,500 nautical miles, I don’t know of any longer flights by any aircraft, I’m thinking this was a ferry flight or had a minimal load


The only one that comes to my mind was Boeings 777-200LR doing HKG-LHR the "wrong" way, but I'm not sure exactly how far that flight was. Also, I'm sure the US Air Force have conducted longer flights, but this is about commercial aviation of course.
 
Max Q
Posts: 9053
Joined: Wed May 09, 2001 12:40 pm

Re: Comlux 787 Direct from ICN to EZE today

Wed Jun 09, 2021 3:19 am

AirPacific747 wrote:
Max Q wrote:
AirPacific747 wrote:
Is this the longest 787 flight ever? Must be close anyway. It’s almost on the exact opposite sides of the planet.

Last week the same aircraft did PPT-CPH nonstop too.

It’s still airborne after close to 20 hours in the air at the time of posting this. The reg is P4-787 for anyone using FR24.

What’s the purpose of these random ultra long flights?



Longest 787 flight ?


That’s over 10,500 nautical miles, I don’t know of any longer flights by any aircraft, I’m thinking this was a ferry flight or had a minimal load


The only one that comes to my mind was Boeings 777-200LR doing HKG-LHR the "wrong" way, but I'm not sure exactly how far that flight was. Also, I'm sure the US Air Force have conducted longer flights, but this is about commercial aviation of course.



IIRC that 777 flight had auxiliary tanks installed, I think it makes a difference this 787 did not afaik


Not considering AF flights with inflight refueling, I think there have been some impressive ferry flights made though. I remember UPS operated a non stop MD11 after maintenance from Singapore to Louisville
 
Max Q
Posts: 9053
Joined: Wed May 09, 2001 12:40 pm

Re: Comlux 787 Direct from ICN to EZE today

Wed Jun 09, 2021 9:58 pm

If that picture was taken at the beginning of the flight it’s even more impressive they could climb straight to FL410 even with just full fuel and a light load
 
User avatar
gunsontheroof
Posts: 3718
Joined: Wed Jan 04, 2006 8:30 am

Re: Comlux 787 Direct from ICN to EZE today

Wed Jun 09, 2021 10:56 pm

SuseJ772 wrote:
It's also amazing that flight only requires ETOPS-180. I would have sworn it was more than that.

http://gc.kls2.com/cgi-bin/gc?PATH=icn- ... &ETOPS=180


The actual routing took it much closer to Hawaii (south of it, at that) on a routing that was probably well within reach of IPC (Easter Island) as well. 180 minutes likely wouldn't be an issue.
 
User avatar
Aesma
Posts: 14672
Joined: Sat Nov 14, 2009 6:14 am

Re: Comlux 787 Direct from ICN to EZE today

Wed Jun 09, 2021 11:00 pm

Deadheding has been mentioned (not for that latest flight) but in the case of an empty aircraft wouldn't we expect at least a tech stop, allowing to burn less fuel overall ?
 
User avatar
eeightning
Posts: 31
Joined: Sun Mar 10, 2019 10:23 am

Re: Comlux 787 Direct from ICN to EZE today

Thu Jun 10, 2021 12:35 am

“Deadheding has been mentioned (not for that latest flight) but in the case of an empty aircraft wouldn't we expect at least a tech stop, allowing to burn less fuel overall ?“

If the previous post about climbing directly to 410 is correct, then the fuel savings for breaking up such a very long flight would not be nearly as great as would be the case in say 74SP with initial cruise at 310

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos