Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

Scarebus34

Re: United Fleet, Network, and Discussion Thread - Q2 2021

Tue Apr 06, 2021 3:28 pm

And the “meaningful” announcement was just related to United Aviate Academy, United’s new flight school that will be starting in the fall.

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/04/06/united- ... rsity.html

RTWin10

Tue Apr 06, 2021 3:42 pm

Scarebus34 wrote:
And the “meaningful” announcement was just related to United Aviate Academy, United’s new flight school that will be starting in the fall.

You missed the meaningful part which is related to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DE&I). The Aviate Academy will have 50% of its students comprised of women or people of color. The current pool of pilots at United who are either female or people of color is currently less than 20%.

MDC862

Tue Apr 06, 2021 3:53 pm

So the quota mentality will determine future aviators at this company as opposed to the best candidates.

Along the same mentality as a surgeon: Yes they are all Dr.'s, but if you are going in for heart surgery do you want the one at the bottom of the class, or the one at the top?

AA94

Tue Apr 06, 2021 3:54 pm

sldispatcher wrote:
I have to admit, everytime I've seen someone mention attracting "young talent" as a reason to stay at Willis Tower, it gives me the heebie jeebies. "Young talent" is fine as long as they are not put in charge of much of anything until they've had plenty of life experience. The very last thing I want is a millennial making decisions from routes to onboard services to airport experiences for me. Now if they are primarily responsible for the app and the website, kudos to them. United needs steady, experienced hands being fed inspiration from the younger crowd for sure especially during these unusual times. But just please don't put them in charge. And definitely don't give them keys to the Twitter Machine or think stepping out with political commentary is a good idea.

It might not have been your intent, but this comment is the equivalent of the grumpy neighbor yelling "get off my lawn" at the neighborhood youths. You seem to think that young employees have nothing to offer except liberal political commentary and chaotic, unviable ideas. As a millennial employee of a major airline, I can personally attest to the fact that we make data-driven decisions on a daily basis and try to bring a fresh perspective to time-tested ideas.

I view my senior colleagues as a wealth of information and enjoy learning from them on the job. It's a shame you don't think the same about us.

CALMSP

Tue Apr 06, 2021 3:54 pm

RTWin10 wrote:
Scarebus34 wrote:

You missed the meaningful part which is related to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DE&I). The Aviate Academy will have 50% of its students comprised of women or people of color. The current pool of pilots at United who are either female or people of color is currently less than 20%.

while I think this is ridiculous, it will be interesting to see if a pool of candidates doesn't pan out where UA wants 50% of a certain type of person, what it will do. Will they simply reject "white males" who are qualified and continue to look for "women" or "blacks"?

cosyr

Tue Apr 06, 2021 5:08 pm

AA94 wrote:
sldispatcher wrote:
I have to admit, everytime I've seen someone mention attracting "young talent" as a reason to stay at Willis Tower, it gives me the heebie jeebies. "Young talent" is fine as long as they are not put in charge of much of anything until they've had plenty of life experience. The very last thing I want is a millennial making decisions from routes to onboard services to airport experiences for me. Now if they are primarily responsible for the app and the website, kudos to them. United needs steady, experienced hands being fed inspiration from the younger crowd for sure especially during these unusual times. But just please don't put them in charge. And definitely don't give them keys to the Twitter Machine or think stepping out with political commentary is a good idea.

It might not have been your intent, but this comment is the equivalent of the grumpy neighbor yelling "get off my lawn" at the neighborhood youths. You seem to think that young employees have nothing to offer except liberal political commentary and chaotic, unviable ideas. As a millennial employee of a major airline, I can personally attest to the fact that we make data-driven decisions on a daily basis and try to bring a fresh perspective to time-tested ideas.

I view my senior colleagues as a wealth of information and enjoy learning from them on the job. It's a shame you don't think the same about us.

Also, Scott Kirby is only 53, so age doesn't necessarily equal ability.

AirlineBob

Tue Apr 06, 2021 8:06 pm

sldispatcher wrote:
I have to admit, everytime I've seen someone mention attracting "young talent" as a reason to stay at Willis Tower, it gives me the heebie jeebies.

Putting the United HQ downtown in Willis Tower was done for one reason and one reason only: Money. "Young talent" played into this, but not in the way people think.

- The move to Willis was announced in 2013. The City of Chicago was suffering from some of the highest downtown vacancy rates in recent memory, and offered United all kinds of incentives (tax incentives and otherwise) to put their HQ downtown.

- The newly-merged airline had a corporate workforce that skewed older, concentrated in Houston and San Francisco. Older employees are more expensive than younger employees, both in salary and in healthcare costs. You can't fire people for being old; you'll be overrun with age discrimination lawsuits before you even start. But what you can do is move people's jobs halfway across the country, and tell people if they want to keep working, they need to move with their job. Some will, most won't. For those who don't move, you can replace them in the new location with younger, cheaper workers.

calpsafltskeds

Tue Apr 06, 2021 8:33 pm

AA94 wrote:
jayunited wrote:
I've inquired about what happened with N28987 and why that aircraft left CHS without Polaris and so far all I've gotten is crickets. I don't even want to assume to know what happened because right now I don't have any information to base an assumption off of.

There was a spare shipset of Polaris seats already in XMN, so the decision was made to ferry there to utilize them. Not sure if it was a strictly cost-saving initiative (use what you have rather than "buying" new), or if there were other complicating factors.

So, unless there are more at XMN I guess that means the Polaris conversion for 789s is suspended or that shipset at XMN would have been used for retrofit.

CALMSP

Tue Apr 06, 2021 8:58 pm

AirlineBob wrote:
sldispatcher wrote:
I have to admit, everytime I've seen someone mention attracting "young talent" as a reason to stay at Willis Tower, it gives me the heebie jeebies.

Putting the United HQ downtown in Willis Tower was done for one reason and one reason only: Money. "Young talent" played into this, but not in the way people think.

- The move to Willis was announced in 2013. The City of Chicago was suffering from some of the highest downtown vacancy rates in recent memory, and offered United all kinds of incentives (tax incentives and otherwise) to put their HQ downtown.

- The newly-merged airline had a corporate workforce that skewed older, concentrated in Houston and San Francisco. Older employees are more expensive than younger employees, both in salary and in healthcare costs. You can't fire people for being old; you'll be overrun with age discrimination lawsuits before you even start. But what you can do is move people's jobs halfway across the country, and tell people if they want to keep working, they need to move with their job. Some will, most won't. For those who don't move, you can replace them in the new location with younger, cheaper workers.

except that when you had "older" employees who maintained their roles at the company after the merger, new talent "young" employees were coming in and being offered much higher rates, some upwards of $30k more per year for the same level in the same department.

AA94

Tue Apr 06, 2021 9:58 pm

calpsafltskeds wrote:
AA94 wrote:
jayunited wrote:
I've inquired about what happened with N28987 and why that aircraft left CHS without Polaris and so far all I've gotten is crickets. I don't even want to assume to know what happened because right now I don't have any information to base an assumption off of.

There was a spare shipset of Polaris seats already in XMN, so the decision was made to ferry there to utilize them. Not sure if it was a strictly cost-saving initiative (use what you have rather than "buying" new), or if there were other complicating factors.

So, unless there are more at XMN I guess that means the Polaris conversion for 789s is suspended or that shipset at XMN would have been used for retrofit.

The plan is to resume 789 retrofits in the fall, so I think it's a decent bet that the XMN shipset was a spare. All 789s currently fit with Polaris seats will also receive the engine plug upgrade which unlocks routes like EWR-JNB, so the Polaris 789 will be run as a true "operational" subfleet (rather than interchangeably with the non-Polaris 789 like it is today).

Pinto

Tue Apr 06, 2021 11:28 pm

AA94 wrote:
calpsafltskeds wrote:
AA94 wrote:

The plan is to resume 789 retrofits in the fall, so I think it's a decent bet that the XMN shipset was a spare. All 789s currently fit with Polaris seats will also receive the engine plug upgrade which unlocks routes like EWR-JNB, so the Polaris 789 will be run as a true "operational" subfleet (rather than interchangeably with the non-Polaris 789 like it is today).

Will this always be a subfleet or will UA be able to go back and upgrade older 789s?

GmoneyCO

Tue Apr 06, 2021 11:29 pm

AA94 wrote:
calpsafltskeds wrote:
AA94 wrote:

There are 2 2017 789 builds that had Polaris retrofitted into them. Do you know if they got the engine upgrade when they were retrofitted or are they still without it? My understanding is they did not get the upgrade due to cost and that currently on the 2020+ builds have the engine upgrade.

AA94

Wed Apr 07, 2021 12:04 am

Pinto wrote:
AA94 wrote:
calpsafltskeds wrote:

Will this always be a subfleet or will UA be able to go back and upgrade older 789s?

Last I heard, the plan was to do the engine upgrade at the same time as the airplane's Polaris retrofit, so eventually the fleet will again be unified with both engine upgrade and Polaris cabin.

jayunited

Wed Apr 07, 2021 12:56 am

AA94 wrote:

Is there a chance they might resume 789 retrofits this summer? Once N27901, N26902 and N20904 exit XMN there would only be two 788s without Polaris/PE N27903 and N45905. Those two remaining frames will probably enter XMN the same day the other frames exit.

Or are they waiting until fall because they will perform the engine upgrades at the same time and perhaps more time is needed to prepare for the additional engine work.

jayunited

Wed Apr 07, 2021 1:42 am

sldispatcher wrote:
I know this comes across as snarky and sarcastic, but those of us in the smaller markets keep trying to tell the other folks the reality on the ground and it is getting nowhere. I've got a group of 16 going to Medford in late May. Of course, the update came out and the scramble was on to go from the single Denver connection (that the group desk made) to the double connect via IAH and LAX. The return is in June and I can't wait to see what happens with that. The 1245pm departure will turn into 6am or earlier...and we will be told "just to deal with it" or we "should have planned" better. We did. We had the GROUP DESK offer us what they think they are going to fly.

Hopefully by July, per jayunited, this will mostly be a thing of the past and DEN will be restored to pre-covid glory on the domestic front. I'm still pulling for United and all of the employees as best that I can. I have tried hard to support with my dollars but please don't force me to use my feet and go elsewhere.

I just went back and re-read your post I hope you understand that when I say DEN will be back at 100% I'm talking about total number of flights (500 daily departures) not total number of destinations. Will DEN-SHV-DEN resume by July? I don't know, what I do know this since the start of the pandemic United has added new destinations out of DEN and we continue to add flights and capacity out of DEN. However that does not mean every single destination UA served out of DEN pre-pandemic will come back during the recovery or every single destination will see service restored by July.

I hope this clears up any lingering confusion. I have my finger crossed for you, I'm hoping you get your SHV flight comes back and there is another poster who keeps looking for more capacity on UA's ORD-AUS route my fingers are crosses for them as well.

sldispatcher

Wed Apr 07, 2021 2:39 am

jayunited wrote:
sldispatcher wrote:
I know this comes across as snarky and sarcastic, but those of us in the smaller markets keep trying to tell the other folks the reality on the ground and it is getting nowhere. I've got a group of 16 going to Medford in late May. Of course, the update came out and the scramble was on to go from the single Denver connection (that the group desk made) to the double connect via IAH and LAX. The return is in June and I can't wait to see what happens with that. The 1245pm departure will turn into 6am or earlier...and we will be told "just to deal with it" or we "should have planned" better. We did. We had the GROUP DESK offer us what they think they are going to fly.

Hopefully by July, per jayunited, this will mostly be a thing of the past and DEN will be restored to pre-covid glory on the domestic front. I'm still pulling for United and all of the employees as best that I can. I have tried hard to support with my dollars but please don't force me to use my feet and go elsewhere.

I just went back and re-read your post I hope you understand that when I say DEN will be back at 100% I'm talking about total number of flights (500 daily departures) not total number of destinations. Will DEN-SHV-DEN resume by July? I don't know, what I do know this since the start of the pandemic United has added new destinations out of DEN and we continue to add flights and capacity out of DEN. However that does not mean every single destination UA served out of DEN pre-pandemic will come back during the recovery or every single destination will see service restored by July.

I hope this clears up any lingering confusion. I have my finger crossed for you, I'm hoping you get your SHV flight comes back and there is another poster who keeps looking for more capacity on UA's ORD-AUS route my fingers are crosses for them as well.

I would love to one day hear an insider’s commentary on how United was put back together during the pandemic. So many many factors. How many departments were involved? Who made those decisions?
Agony of seeing 30 seats filled on a coast to coast EWR to SEA flight while out of nowhere an ERJ was standby only.
Was each city looked at daily with a fine tooth comb? How was the interaction with the Regional partners?
Etc
Etc

Hope someone can get a series of interviews, blogs, podcasts or even a book.

I can’t imagine the interdepartmental discussions at high levels and how Kirby managed that.

TWA772LR

Wed Apr 07, 2021 5:05 am

sldispatcher wrote:
jayunited wrote:
sldispatcher wrote:

I would love to one day hear an insider’s commentary on how United was put back together during the pandemic. So many many factors. How many departments were involved? Who made those decisions?
Agony of seeing 30 seats filled on a coast to coast EWR to SEA flight while out of nowhere an ERJ was standby only.
Was each city looked at daily with a fine tooth comb? How was the interaction with the Regional partners?
Etc
Etc

I can’t imagine the interdepartmental discussions at high levels and how Kirby managed that.

As far as departments, I’d say cargo and network planning are the top for their hands on just plain old figure what works and what doesn’t in a pinch. Under flight ops, I’d say crew resources and training scheduling with a lesser extent to crew scheduling to be the oil in the machine, especially for the effort of keeping the pilots qualified and keeping/putting them in the position to do so. Every team at UA played a role and that should never be written off, but these are the highlights.
When wasn't America great?

The thoughts and opinions shared under this username are mine and are not influenced by my employer.

calpsafltskeds

Wed Apr 07, 2021 5:09 am

jayunited wrote:
AA94 wrote:

Is there a chance they might resume 789 retrofits this summer? Once N27901, N26902 and N20904 exit XMN there would only be two 788s without Polaris/PE N27903 and N45905. Those two remaining frames will probably enter XMN the same day the other frames exit.

Or are they waiting until fall because they will perform the engine upgrades at the same time and perhaps more time is needed to prepare for the additional engine work.

I doubt it, especially if the 772PW fleet stays out for summer lift. I surely hope the 788 fleet, with the large difference in seating configuration will get Polaris now and those units can start more Y type flights like Hawaii.
The larger 789s can run as subfleets of 1.) Polaris/more capable engines and 2.) Diamond without the engine "upgrade". during the summer.

jayunited

Wed Apr 07, 2021 12:04 pm

sldispatcher wrote:
Etc
Etc

There are a lot of departments involved, there is a lot of data is being analyzed daily to help United make the best decision possible to guide this airline through the pandemic and recovery phase. At some point it would be nice to see United reconnect all the dot and restore service to every city we served pre-pandemic but lets be honest its not realistic. Scott Kirby for the past few months has been talking about get back to new, and of the US3 United really has to figure out what "new" really means. In a way it's like Kirby is acknowledging business travel will not come back to pre-pandemic levels even though leisure travel will. And for an airline like United that was heavily dependent on business travel we have to figure out what does "new" look like as we enter recovery. On a call last week United confirmed we are pulling more narrowbodies and of course the 764s out of storage in preparation for the summer schedule and our summer schedule kicks off in June and runs pretty much through the first week of September. There is no way United is going to publish the domestic schedule for the entire summer this early but pulling more planes out of storage is a good sign that we intend to increase capacity.

Again my fingers are crossed DEN-SHV-DEN comes back because no one enjoys having their normal 3-4 hours travel day turn into a 10-12 hour travel day and you haven't even left the country, that is terrible. I just don't know if it will happen by July.

sldispatcher

Wed Apr 07, 2021 1:27 pm

jayunited wrote:
sldispatcher wrote:
Etc
Etc

There are a lot of departments involved, there is a lot of data is being analyzed daily to help United make the best decision possible to guide this airline through the pandemic and recovery phase. At some point it would be nice to see United reconnect all the dot and restore service to every city we served pre-pandemic but lets be honest its not realistic. Scott Kirby for the past few months has been talking about get back to new, and of the US3 United really has to figure out what "new" really means. In a way it's like Kirby is acknowledging business travel will not come back to pre-pandemic levels even though leisure travel will. And for an airline like United that was heavily dependent on business travel we have to figure out what does "new" look like as we enter recovery. On a call last week United confirmed we are pulling more narrowbodies and of course the 764s out of storage in preparation for the summer schedule and our summer schedule kicks off in June and runs pretty much through the first week of September. There is no way United is going to publish the domestic schedule for the entire summer this early but pulling more planes out of storage is a good sign that we intend to increase capacity.

Again my fingers are crossed DEN-SHV-DEN comes back because no one enjoys having their normal 3-4 hours travel day turn into a 10-12 hour travel day and you haven't even left the country, that is terrible. I just don't know if it will happen by July.

I would think the Mileage Plus department alone is trying to figure out what to do from benefits to status etc. to keep long time flyers who have been grounded due to the pandemic and relatively new leisure travelers that are hopping onto the elite train.

Also, with the CDC staing that covid is not nearly as contagious via direct contact as once thought, I wonder how long before onboard service changes occur? Seems like United led the way in both cabins trying to make some effort to provide a soft product.

AA94

Wed Apr 07, 2021 3:55 pm

jayunited wrote:
AA94 wrote:

As far as I know, the engine upgrade is only applicable to the 789 fleet. Given the PW 772s are out of commission for the immediate future, I don't see the desire to take additional 789s OOS to perform the Polaris retrofit, especially since both versions have the same J cabin capacity and there's enough upgraded frames to support the routes that require it.

While I don't have any specific information about the 788 fleet, I agree it would make sense to finish out those retrofits since the two configurations are very different and there's only two frames left to do.

MIflyer12

Wed Apr 07, 2021 4:52 pm

jayunited wrote:
Scott Kirby for the past few months has been talking about get back to new, and of the US3 United really has to figure out what "new" really means. In a way it's like Kirby is acknowledging business travel will not come back to pre-pandemic levels even though leisure travel will. And for an airline like United that was heavily dependent on business travel we have to figure out what does "new" look like as we enter recovery.

For all the enthusiasm of new leisure beach/mountain route adds, that is a point often overlooked. UA/DL/AA have an awful lot of RJs (high CASM planes) that were justified at frequency on 'business' routes. For leisure travel a Spirit/Frontier/Allegiant A320 3x a week looks awfully good (in CASM) on something like xxx-DEN vs. a UA Express E75 3x daily six days a week. Who knows how long it will be before the industry sees 2019 PRASM again. DL has signaled a direction of its evolving network with small aircraft retirements: 100+ CR2s and 91 717s go, with nowhere near full seat replacement by the 50 A220-300s on order. (DL's A220-100s order is substantially received.)

jbs2886

Wed Apr 07, 2021 6:11 pm

MIflyer12 wrote:
DL has signaled a direction of its evolving network with small aircraft retirements: 100+ CR2s and 91 717s go, with nowhere near full seat replacement by the 50 A220-300s on order. (DL's A220-100s order is substantially received.)

I think this is an area to watch for the airlines over the next few years. UA may not for a while due to their A319 and 737-700 acquisitions, but DL and AA to some extent I feel will invest (more) in that size market. But as you noted, I think this may depend on business travel. IIRC New Zealand (?) said domestic business travel was actually almost back to pre-pandemic levels. But, its possible its just a one-time bump over the new normal due to pent up demand. Like the airlines, we are all waiting to see.

codc10

Wed Apr 07, 2021 6:45 pm

jbs2886 wrote:
MIflyer12 wrote:
DL has signaled a direction of its evolving network with small aircraft retirements: 100+ CR2s and 91 717s go, with nowhere near full seat replacement by the 50 A220-300s on order. (DL's A220-100s order is substantially received.)

I think this is an area to watch for the airlines over the next few years. UA may not for a while due to their A319 and 737-700 acquisitions,

Worth noting that the ex-EasyJet A319 acquisitions have been walked back. They'll be resold and won't enter UA service.

jbs2886

Wed Apr 07, 2021 7:09 pm

codc10 wrote:
jbs2886 wrote:
MIflyer12 wrote:

I think this is an area to watch for the airlines over the next few years. UA may not for a while due to their A319 and 737-700 acquisitions,

Worth noting that the ex-EasyJet A319 acquisitions have been walked back. They'll be resold and won't enter UA service.

Thanks, the language in the filings was unclear so I thought it was like sale-leaseback. Appreciate the insight! UA still has has a number of 737-700s coming and had recent A319s so I think its largely the same place, although long-term its a big question mark.

Scarebus34

Wed Apr 07, 2021 10:37 pm

United will trial free inflight messaging via Wi-Fi. April 12-18th the trial will run on specific 739s (37K) and limited to iMessage, Facebook messenger, WhatsApp, and WeChat.

https://thepointsguy.com/news/united-fr ... ing-trial/

CALMSP

Thu Apr 08, 2021 12:34 am

iMessage has been working for about 6 years (somewhat at least) but the others would be great!

codc10

Thu Apr 08, 2021 2:03 am

CALMSP wrote:
iMessage has been working for about 6 years (somewhat at least) but the others would be great!

At least on the Thales/LTV birds, which is still the vast majority of the 737 fleet. I am assuming this trial is on the 37K birds with the ViaSat kit, which presently do not accommodate that "workaround"...

jetmatt777

Thu Apr 08, 2021 2:36 am

I have never been able to get iMessage to work on any 737, without paying. I have seen people talk about it but maybe I have been not fortunate to get the right airplane.

ChaseP

Thu Apr 08, 2021 3:06 am

Storage Update:
N872UA (Airbus 319) has multiple ferries scheduled:

XMN > NRT (UA2713/10)
NRT > ANC (UA2714/11)
ANC > SFO (UA2714/11)

Aircraft is currently in China Southern livery. Unknown whether aircraft will head to storage or go into induction.

ChaseP

Thu Apr 08, 2021 3:44 am

Update: N872UA will enter service later this month. Exact date is unconfirmed. After the aircraft has work done in SFO, it will go to VCV for painting and then enter revenue service.

ChaseP wrote:
Storage Update:
N872UA (Airbus 319) has multiple ferries scheduled:

XMN > NRT (UA2713/10)
NRT > ANC (UA2714/11)
ANC > SFO (UA2714/11)

Aircraft is currently in China Southern livery. Unknown whether aircraft will head to storage or go into induction.

Golfmikey

Thu Apr 08, 2021 5:48 am

jetmatt777 wrote:
I have never been able to get iMessage to work on any 737, without paying. I have seen people talk about it but maybe I have been not fortunate to get the right airplane.

They blocked I message on 737 a little over a year ago I forget the exact date...I’m surprised it took them this long to reverse course I know other airlines already offer this.

Scarebus34

Thu Apr 08, 2021 2:54 pm

Looks like they dropped in the June schedule change last night.

Nicknuzzii

Thu Apr 08, 2021 3:08 pm

Scarebus34 wrote:

Not really looking that way?

LAXdude1023

Thu Apr 08, 2021 3:13 pm

Scarebus34 wrote:

Anything noteworthy?
FOR THE LOVE OF GOD BRING BACK THE PAYWALL!!!!

LAXdude1023

Thu Apr 08, 2021 3:14 pm

Nicknuzzii wrote:
Scarebus34 wrote:

I got two schedule changes for flights in June so they did something.

Scarebus34

Thu Apr 08, 2021 3:19 pm

Nicknuzzii wrote:
Scarebus34 wrote:

It may not be final but they did make adjustments. Large increase in capacity compared to May.

joeljack

Thu Apr 08, 2021 3:24 pm

LAXdude1023 wrote:
Scarebus34 wrote:

Anything noteworthy?

Looks like they did some SFO updates? All I can find for updates are for SFO.

They pulled SFO-MCI/OMA off their June schedule is what I found. Finally wising up if they have no intent on operating it. They should both be back by June though in my opinion at 1x daily vs multiple daily flights today. Plenty of demand for 1x daily on each route for sure! College World Series and Olympic swim trials both in Omaha this June...flights are really full in June to Omaha already! This is disappointing.

Gotta be a staffing shortage is my guess?

Scarebus34

Thu Apr 08, 2021 3:36 pm

joeljack wrote:
LAXdude1023 wrote:
Scarebus34 wrote:

Anything noteworthy?

They pulled SFO-MCI/OMA off their June schedule is what I found. Finally wising up if they have no intent on operating it. They should both be back by June though in my opinion at 1x daily vs multiple daily flights today. Plenty of demand for 1x daily on each route for sure! College World Series and Olympic swim trials both in Omaha this June...flights are really full in June to Omaha already! This is disappointing.

There’s other changes in there as well. Just not convinced it’s complete.

jetblastdubai

Thu Apr 08, 2021 4:09 pm

joeljack wrote:
Plenty of demand for 1x daily on each route for sure! College World Series and Olympic swim trials both in Omaha this June...flights are really full in June to Omaha already! This is disappointing.

Don't forget the NCAA Volleyball tourney in town for the next couple of weeks. 48 Division I college teams. Disappointing for sure.

https://huskers.com/news/2021/2/3/volleyball-vb.aspx

DLHAM

Thu Apr 08, 2021 4:20 pm

FR24Virus wrote:

That Image of the airplane on united.com looks super weird, like a 767-300/-400/777 crossover.
My Instagram Account: Instagram

ryanflyer

Thu Apr 08, 2021 4:27 pm

jetblastdubai wrote:
joeljack wrote:
Plenty of demand for 1x daily on each route for sure! College World Series and Olympic swim trials both in Omaha this June...flights are really full in June to Omaha already! This is disappointing.

Don't forget the NCAA Volleyball tourney in town for the next couple of weeks. 48 Division I college teams. Disappointing for sure.

https://huskers.com/news/2021/2/3/volleyball-vb.aspx

As a swimmer who will be competing at Olympic trials... They haven’t even re-opened ticket purchases yet. Better go book flights...

LAXdude1023

Thu Apr 08, 2021 4:33 pm

Scarebus34 wrote:
joeljack wrote:
LAXdude1023 wrote:

Anything noteworthy?

Looks like theyve maybe only updated SFO and LAX.

Scarebus34

Thu Apr 08, 2021 4:36 pm

LAXdude1023 wrote:
Scarebus34 wrote:
joeljack wrote:

There were updates to ORD as well.

Midwestindy

Thu Apr 08, 2021 4:51 pm

joeljack wrote:
LAXdude1023 wrote:
Scarebus34 wrote:

Anything noteworthy?

They must be expecting SFO to remain depressed well into the Summer.

They look like they are resuming:
TPA
DFW
CLE
BNA
BOS
STS

But in June they are still not operating any of these SFO routes, some of which are understandable given the stage length and market size, but others are surprising:
DCA
BWI
FLL
PHL
MIA
ATL
MSP
RDU
DTW
IND
STL
MCI
PIT
CMH
SAT
MSY
RAP
XNA
MSN
OKC
MRY
OMA
BUR
ORD & IND

AA & DL

LAXdude1023

Thu Apr 08, 2021 5:01 pm

Scarebus34 wrote:
LAXdude1023 wrote:
Scarebus34 wrote:

There were updates to ORD as well.

Just browsing some ORD routes, I dont know. They have ORD-DFW at 6x daily and ORD-AUS at 4x daily. I doubt theyll go to that capacity.

psa1011

Thu Apr 08, 2021 5:23 pm

Midwestindy wrote:
joeljack wrote:
LAXdude1023 wrote:

Anything noteworthy?

TPA
DFW
CLE
BNA
BOS
STS

But in June they are still not operating any of these SFO routes, some of which are understandable given the stage length and market size, but others are surprising:
DCA
BWI
FLL
PHL
MIA
ATL
MSP
RDU
DTW
IND
STL
MCI
PIT
CMH
SAT
MSY
RAP
XNA
MSN
OKC
MRY
OMA
BUR

I see BUR, MSY and FLL are for sale in July. How long can UA keep selling nonstops that are increasingly unlikely to actually operate?

LAXdude1023

Thu Apr 08, 2021 5:28 pm

psa1011 wrote:
Midwestindy wrote:
joeljack wrote:

TPA
DFW
CLE
BNA
BOS
STS

DCA
BWI
FLL
PHL
MIA
ATL
MSP
RDU
DTW
IND
STL
MCI
PIT
CMH
SAT
MSY
RAP
XNA
MSN
OKC
MRY
OMA
BUR

I see BUR, MSY and FLL are for sale in July. How long can UA keep selling nonstops that are increasingly unlikely to actually operate?

The July schedule isnt going to be out for a while.

Nicknuzzii

Thu Apr 08, 2021 5:29 pm

EWR seems untouched so far.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos