Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

rjbesikof

Re: United Fleet, Network, and Discussion Thread - Q2 2021

Sun Apr 11, 2021 4:50 pm

Midwestindy wrote:
Midwestindy wrote:
joeljack wrote:

Looks like they did some SFO updates? All I can find for updates are for SFO.

They must be expecting SFO to remain depressed well into the Summer.

They look like they are resuming:
TPA
DFW
CLE
BNA
BOS
STS

But in June they are still not operating any of these SFO routes, some of which are understandable given the stage length and market size, but others are surprising:
DCA
BWI
FLL
PHL
MIA
ATL
MSP
RDU
DTW
IND
STL
MCI
PIT
CMH
SAT
MSY
RAP
XNA
MSN
OKC
MRY
OMA
BUR

Interesting...it looks like some of these were rolled forward, and return with fewer frequencies (obviously):

Still July 1st:
BUR
MRY
BWI
FLL
PHL
RDU
IND
PIT
CMH
SAT

Pushed to Aug 1st/2nd:
STL
MCI
OMA
XNA
OKC
DCA
ATL
MSP

Pushed to Sep 8th:
MSY
MSN
MIA

Removed:
RAP (seasonal flight)

The reason SFO will be the last hub to come back is because it is United's main transpacific hub. W/ Australia, New Zealand, and most of Asia remaining closed this summer, they have no real reason to ramp it up domestically in a significant way.

UPlog

Sun Apr 11, 2021 5:10 pm

Little hard to justify much if anything in GUM today while Asian tourists feed markets remain largely closed themselves combined with Guam's own 14-day quarantine requirements.
I fly your boxes

jayunited

Sun Apr 11, 2021 6:04 pm

@sldispatcher I know UA has been publishing an updated June schedule and so far DEN-SHV-DEN is still on the schedule, keep those fingers crossed you just might finally get your wish.

@scarebus34 ORD-AUS-ORD gets a boost in capacity to 4x daily starting in June on certain days. Certainly a boost from 1x daily or 2x daily in April and May.

Hopefully this post didn't just jinx you guys. :lol: :lol:

Also It looks like the 752 returns to BOS-SFO in June taking over for the 738 that have been on the route. On some days United is planning to operate the route 4x daily we will have to see if that actually materialized of if as we get closer to June they trim it back to 3x daily or even 2x daily. It also appears as though after more than a year hiatus BOS-LAX will make its return in June. But it is more good new bad news on this route because it will not be operating on a 752 but instead on a 737. Not competitive at all United BOS-LAX should have lie flat seats even in this environment.

Even though UA is putting out a more realistic domestic schedule for June keep in mind 3 or 4 weeks out you might still get an email advising you your flights been canceled if the data suggests we have to much capacity. United is starting to get away from selling the full domestic scheduled until 4 weeks out we now have May and it looks like June is done (or almost done) , and from what I'm seeing they are already starting to work on July's and perhaps even August domestic schedule. Good news for people who have been demanding a more realistic schedule 3-4 months in advance but be mindful it is still subject to change.

kngkyle

Sun Apr 11, 2021 6:26 pm

jayunited wrote:
@sldispatcher I know UA has been publishing an updated June schedule and so far DEN-SHV-DEN is still on the schedule, keep those fingers crossed you just might finally get your wish.

@scarebus34 ORD-AUS-ORD gets a boost in capacity to 4x daily starting in June on certain days. Certainly a boost from 1x daily or 2x daily in April and May.

Also It looks like the 752 returns to BOS-SFO in June taking over for the 738 that have been on the route. On some days United is planning to operate the route 4x daily we will have to see if that actually materialized of if as we get closer to June they trim it back to 3x daily or even 2x daily. It also appears as though after more than a year hiatus BOS-LAX will make its return in June. But it is more good new bad news on this route because it will not be operating on a 752 but instead on a 737. Not competitive at all United BOS-LAX should have lie flat seats even in this environment.

Even though UA is putting out a more realistic domestic schedule for June keep in mind 3 or 4 weeks out you might still get an email advising you your flights been canceled if the data suggests we have to much capacity. United is starting to get away from selling the full domestic scheduled until 4 weeks out we now have May and it looks like June is done (or almost done) , and from what I'm seeing they are already starting to work on July's and perhaps even August domestic schedule. Good news for people who have been demanding a more realistic schedule 3-4 months in advance but be mindful it is still subject to change.

EWR-ORD goes from 4x daily until June 2nd to 12x daily after. I doubt that has been updated yet at least.

Nicknuzzii

Sun Apr 11, 2021 6:33 pm

kngkyle wrote:
jayunited wrote:

EWR-ORD goes from 4x daily until June 2nd to 12x daily after. I doubt that has been updated yet at least.

Yes it appears there have been no EWR cut yet so far with the exception of LAX/SFO but they still seem high.

Scarebus34

Sun Apr 11, 2021 6:51 pm

kngkyle wrote:
jayunited wrote:

Correct - EWR will be cut. They haven't published the full schedule for June yet.

jayunited

Sun Apr 11, 2021 7:31 pm

Nicknuzzii wrote:
Yes it appears there have been no EWR cut yet so far with the exception of LAX/SFO but they still seem high.

I agree 8x daily on both routes even with majority of the flights on 752s does seem to be a bit much. I think EWR-LAX/SFO will eventually settle around 6x daily for the summer, combine that with JFK-LAX/SFO and UA should have a pretty decent schedule on these routes for summer.

MIflyer12

Sun Apr 11, 2021 7:52 pm

jayunited wrote:
United is starting to get away from selling the full domestic scheduled until 4 weeks out...

Can you explain what that means, please? Are there schedule flights on which they're selling no tickets? Or are they selling some tickets but severely restricting inventory?

Nicknuzzii

Sun Apr 11, 2021 7:57 pm

MIflyer12 wrote:
jayunited wrote:
United is starting to get away from selling the full domestic scheduled until 4 weeks out...

Can you explain what that means, please? Are there schedule flights on which they're selling no tickets? Or are they selling some tickets but severely restricting inventory?

It means that they’ll start editing the schedules further out. It has nothing to do with limiting inventory etc.

sldispatcher

Sun Apr 11, 2021 8:18 pm

jayunited wrote:

Thanks for the insight. I am assuming that the timeframe for summer bookings has been a bit more robust and further out than the last 12 months of just 3 or 4 weeks out. People are certainly feeling much more relaxed. As a health care person, I do not see a 4th surge being possible with the CV 19 with the current vaccination rate. It would not shock me at all if the mask mandate onboard flights was gone sometime by June or before. But government tends to run slower than current events due to the abundance of caution and necessary bureaucratic channels.

I also second your declaration that a return of BOS-LAX is a mixed bag, but promising nonetheless that the industry is seeing strength in the heavily populated areas. Looking at seating maps (I know not very reliable), but United has had a really good run of it here (SHV) since mid March. It's not even vacation time and the AM departures are doing much better with seat occupancy/loads since early March even in mid-week.

I'm hoping that employees at United are feeling some positive vibes as well for their future and getting back to full work.

Have construction projects resumed where able?

Midwestindy

Sun Apr 11, 2021 8:20 pm

rjbesikof wrote:
Midwestindy wrote:
Midwestindy wrote:

They must be expecting SFO to remain depressed well into the Summer.

They look like they are resuming:
TPA
DFW
CLE
BNA
BOS
STS

But in June they are still not operating any of these SFO routes, some of which are understandable given the stage length and market size, but others are surprising:
DCA
BWI
FLL
PHL
MIA
ATL
MSP
RDU
DTW
IND
STL
MCI
PIT
CMH
SAT
MSY
RAP
XNA
MSN
OKC
MRY
OMA
BUR

Interesting...it looks like some of these were rolled forward, and return with fewer frequencies (obviously):

Still July 1st:
BUR
MRY
BWI
FLL
PHL
RDU
IND
PIT
CMH
SAT

Pushed to Aug 1st/2nd:
STL
MCI
OMA
XNA
OKC
DCA
ATL
MSP

Pushed to Sep 8th:
MSY
MSN
MIA

Removed:
RAP (seasonal flight)

The reason SFO will be the last hub to come back is because it is United's main transpacific hub. W/ Australia, New Zealand, and most of Asia remaining closed this summer, they have no real reason to ramp it up domestically in a significant way.

I am aware of the role SFO plays in the UA network, and the speed at which it will likely be built back.

On the other hand, I've seen a few people (not necessarily you) gloss over how truly large the SFO domestic O&D market is. Pre-covid it was the number 4 or 5 domestic O&D market in the US. Even during COVID SFO has been larger O&D wise than EWR.
https://orlandoairports.net/site/upload ... anking.pdf

So it's not like without TPAC traffic the SFO hub is irrelevant.

I say all of this knowing that the value proposition of operating TCON/Midcon flights from SFO is currently limited, given the demand and yield isn't what it was in 2019 and longer routes overfly DEN, ORD, IAH, e.t.c. But I don't want people getting the impression that the SFO hub isn't also a major O&D operation, because it is. And even without international connections, SFO still serves as a Western US domestic connector.
ORD & IND

AA & DL

ChaseP

Mon Apr 12, 2021 5:28 am

Storage Update:
N686UA (Boeing 767-300ER) scheduled to ferry from ROW to SFO (UA2727/13). Aircraft will move through HNL and GUM before entering HKG for heavy maintenance.
Polaris Update:
N27901 (Boeing 787-8) scheduled to ferry from XMN to NRT (UA2764/16). Aircraft received heavy check and is confirmed to have Polaris seating configuration.
N26902 (Boeing 787-8) scheduled to ferry from XMN to NRT (UA2737/17). Aircraft received heavy check and is confirmed to have Polaris seating configuration.

sldispatcher

Mon Apr 12, 2021 11:39 am

TSA screening numbers look consistently strong. Considering the capacity reductions in place, there must be some cautious optimism in the corporate exec suites at the airlines. Will be interesting to see how summer 21 plays out. I’m going out on a limb and predicting whatever domestic capacity they put out there is going to get filled at greater than 85%. Some states are just now waking up in terms of travel from their pandemic slumber. Should be lots of fun on a.net watching the shifting strategies get more inrense.

Golfmikey

Mon Apr 12, 2021 12:48 pm

ChaseP wrote:
Storage Update:
N686UA (Boeing 767-300ER) scheduled to ferry from ROW to SFO (UA2727/13). Aircraft will move through HNL and GUM before entering HKG for heavy maintenance.
Polaris Update:
N27901 (Boeing 787-8) scheduled to ferry from XMN to NRT (UA2764/16). Aircraft received heavy check and is confirmed to have Polaris seating configuration.
N26902 (Boeing 787-8) scheduled to ferry from XMN to NRT (UA2737/17). Aircraft received heavy check and is confirmed to have Polaris seating configuration.

Almost exactly 6 weeks for those two...I would expect the last two 788 would go to XMN to finish the mod for that fleet?

Nicknuzzii

Mon Apr 12, 2021 12:48 pm

Midwestindy wrote:
rjbesikof wrote:
Midwestindy wrote:

Still July 1st:
BUR
MRY
BWI
FLL
PHL
RDU
IND
PIT
CMH
SAT

Pushed to Aug 1st/2nd:
STL
MCI
OMA
XNA
OKC
DCA
ATL
MSP

Pushed to Sep 8th:
MSY
MSN
MIA

Removed:
RAP (seasonal flight)

I am aware of the role SFO plays in the UA network, and the speed at which it will likely be built back.

On the other hand, I've seen a few people (not necessarily you) gloss over how truly large the SFO domestic O&D market is. Pre-covid it was the number 4 or 5 domestic O&D market in the US. Even during COVID SFO has been larger O&D wise than EWR.
https://orlandoairports.net/site/upload ... anking.pdf

So it's not like without TPAC traffic the SFO hub is irrelevant.

I say all of this knowing that the value proposition of operating TCON/Midcon flights from SFO is currently limited, given the demand and yield isn't what it was in 2019 and longer routes overfly DEN, ORD, IAH, e.t.c. But I don't want people getting the impression that the SFO hub isn't also a major O&D operation, because it is. And even without international connections, SFO still serves as a Western US domestic connector.

This chart isn’t really the best depiction of data because it’s during a time period when EWR was at its low point and everyone else was affected just not as much. EWR has come back stronger then even JFK so far.

jayunited

Mon Apr 12, 2021 1:12 pm

sldispatcher wrote:
TSA screening numbers look consistently strong. Considering the capacity reductions in place, there must be some cautious optimism in the corporate exec suites at the airlines. Will be interesting to see how summer 21 plays out. I’m going out on a limb and predicting whatever domestic capacity they put out there is going to get filled at greater than 85%. Some states are just now waking up in terms of travel from their pandemic slumber. Should be lots of fun on a.net watching the shifting strategies get more inrense.

I agree, I think with Europe still largely out of consideration for most Americans as a vacation destination this year, it is going to be fun watching where Americans are going domestically and how airlines adjust their networks to capitalize. We are already seeing this with American Airlines deciding to fly 787s to ANC even without cruise industry traffic. As more and more Americans are fully vaccinated If places like Southern California, Las Vegas, New Orleans, Charleston, Disney World, Bush Gardens, Universal Studios even New York City (Broadway, Statue of Liberty ect) and many other places/destinations here in the US fully reopen without capacity restrictions over the summer we are going to see airlines really trying to respond to capture every bit of traffic that they can.

It is going to be fun watching how this all unfolds all across the country this coming summer. This past Saturday the US administered nearly 5 million shots in a single day people are ready for their vacation and don't even get me started thinking about Thanksgiving 2021. After so many people canceled their Thanksgiving in 2020 it is possible the Thanksgiving 2021 travel period could be an absolute nightmare.

Scarebus34

Mon Apr 12, 2021 2:27 pm

jayunited wrote:
sldispatcher wrote:

I agree, I think with Europe still largely out of consideration for most Americans as a vacation destination this year, it is going to be fun watching where Americans are going domestically and how airlines adjust their networks to capitalize. We are already seeing this with American Airlines deciding to fly 787s to ANC even without cruise industry traffic. As more and more Americans are fully vaccinated If places like Southern California, Las Vegas, New Orleans, Charleston, Disney World, Bush Gardens, Universal Studios even New York City (Broadway, Statue of Liberty ect) and many other places/destinations here in the US fully reopen without capacity restrictions over the summer we are going to see airlines really trying to respond to capture every bit of traffic that they can.

It is going to be fun watching how this all unfolds all across the country this coming summer. This past Saturday the US administered nearly 5 million shots in a single day people are ready for their vacation and don't even get me started thinking about Thanksgiving 2021. After so many people canceled their Thanksgiving in 2020 it is possible the Thanksgiving 2021 travel period could be an absolute nightmare.

Not convinced Europe is out of the question for Americans yet this summer. Greece, Iceland, and now Croatia will welcome vaccinated tourists. More will follow...

drerx7

Mon Apr 12, 2021 2:48 pm

Scarebus34 wrote:
jayunited wrote:
sldispatcher wrote:

Not convinced Europe is out of the question for Americans yet this summer. Greece, Iceland, and now Croatia will welcome vaccinated tourists. More will follow...

Its a little late for that to move the bar much though. You'll have the folks, like myself, that have still been travelling during Covid that have not had covid and have the vaccine that will jump head first into international travel - but look for most to keep it close to home first. You'll see international demand pick back up towards 4Q21 or 1Q22 at the earliest imo.

Unrelated question - seeing the 764 in schedules for June...is this still a place holder or are they going to be back in the fleet by that time.
HOUSTON, TEXAS

sldispatcher

Tue Apr 13, 2021 1:37 am

Scarebus34 wrote:
jayunited wrote:
sldispatcher wrote:

Those who can qualify may get some serious deals and lower crowds.....but the mask mandate onboard may have to be lifted before many bite on it.

jplatts

Tue Apr 13, 2021 2:36 am

rjbesikof wrote:

It isn't just simply decreased demand to Asia, Australia, and New Zealand that is causing UA to continue to suspend some of its domestic routes out of SFO to the Midwest, South, and Northeast as UA would have likely resumed these routes if there was enough demand for nonstop service to these destinations from SFO without TPAC connecting traffic. PDEW's on domestic routes out of SFO were also much lower in Q3 2020 than was the case prior to the COVID-19 pandemic.

There would also be enough O&D demand without TPAC connecting traffic to support some of the UA nonstop routes out of SFO that are currently suspended if O&D demand on these routes were at pre-pandemic levels.

rjbesikof

Tue Apr 13, 2021 5:04 am

Tahiti tentatively opens 5/1
https://thepointsguy.com/news/french-po ... travelers/
Do you think they will rush to add SFO-PPT next month or do you think that will wait for June or July?

ChaseP

Tue Apr 13, 2021 6:50 am

Maintenance Update:
N38727 (Boeing 737-700) is scheduled to ferry from IAH to INT (UA2743/13) for heavy maintenance.
N21723 (Boeing 737-700) is scheduled to ferry from INT to EWR (UA2744/13) after undergoing heavy maintenance check.
N45905 (Boeing 787-8) is scheduled to ferry from EWR to SFO (UA2726/13) for maintenance and undisclosed repairs. Aircraft rumored to have sustained damage in ZRH, but is unconfirmed at this juncture.

sfojvjets

Tue Apr 13, 2021 8:29 am

rjbesikof wrote:
Tahiti tentatively opens 5/1
https://thepointsguy.com/news/french-po ... travelers/
Do you think they will rush to add SFO-PPT next month or do you think that will wait for June or July?

Before it was removed from the schedule, I was looking at bookings for SFO-PPT in May and it looks like the 789 was around half full give or take on most days. That said, there's no need to jump into the market just because of the reopening announcement... and I imagine not many people are going to be booking PPT on very short notice. If they scheduled PPT back into the May schedules, flights likely wouldn't be selling much since we're rather close out to that date of reopening.

UAinAUS

Tue Apr 13, 2021 10:59 am

UAX Update:

CR2:
N907SW (ex-DL, 2001 build) entered UAX service with Skywest (EvoBlu livery)

CR7:
N505MJ ferried AMA for paint
N510MJ exited AMA in EvoBlu livery, at STL awaiting entry as CR5

ChrisNH38

Tue Apr 13, 2021 11:03 am

I can’t imagine that BOS-LHR is going to start this year, and a part of me thinks it won’t start at all.
https://my.flightradar24.com/ChrisNH

MIflyer12

Tue Apr 13, 2021 11:23 am

Scarebus34 wrote:
Greece, Iceland, and now Croatia will welcome vaccinated tourists. More will follow...

The big destinations for Americans are the UK, Italy, France, Spain and Germany. Most Americans couldn't find Croatia with a good map and half an hour, Game of Thrones geeks included. Until some subset of the big 5 is in play, American travel numbers to Europe will be small.

https://www.statista.com/chart/18742/mo ... travelers/

sldispatcher

Tue Apr 13, 2021 11:56 am

UAinAUS wrote:
UAX Update:

CR2:
N907SW (ex-DL, 2001 build) entered UAX service with Skywest (EvoBlu livery)

CR7:
N505MJ ferried AMA for paint
N510MJ exited AMA in EvoBlu livery, at STL awaiting entry as CR5

Are the CRJ 550s still ORD to spokes or has EWR or IAD seeing anything? I also believe they are to be used on some of the P2P saturday flying?

jayunited

Tue Apr 13, 2021 12:24 pm

ChaseP wrote:
Maintenance Update:
N38727 (Boeing 737-700) is scheduled to ferry from IAH to INT (UA2743/13) for heavy maintenance.
N21723 (Boeing 737-700) is scheduled to ferry from INT to EWR (UA2744/13) after undergoing heavy maintenance check.
N45905 (Boeing 787-8) is scheduled to ferry from EWR to SFO (UA2726/13) for maintenance and undisclosed repairs. Aircraft rumored to have sustained damage in ZRH, but is unconfirmed at this juncture.

No its confirmed ZRH did damage N45905 a temporary fix was done to get the plane back state side. A special maintenance permit was issued to UA to operate UA2726-12, EWR maintenance will inspect the aircraft and another special maintenance permit will need to be issued to get the aircraft to SFO Maintenance for final repairs. Internally the aircraft is showing routed to SFO today but externally the EWR-SFO UA2726-13 doesn't show up yet.

The aircraft didn't arrive into EWR until 0026 this morning April 13th so it could be EWR maintenance hasn't completed their inspection to make sure the aircraft is safe to continue onward to SFO for final repairs. But N45905 is for sure out of service pending final repairs however I'm not sure what exactly was damaged on the aircraft in ZRH or the severity of the damage.

adamblang

Tue Apr 13, 2021 1:57 pm

NewYork1K wrote:
Kirby teasing some sort of "meaningful announcement" next week... https://www.instagram.com/p/CNLQGQ8BhCC/

I wonder if this was the meaningful announcement, delayed a week?

United launches ‘sustainable’ fuel investment scheme - Flight Global

United Airlines has launched “Eco-Skies Alliance”, a programme through which it will allow customers and corporate partners to invest in sustainable aviation fuels (SAF).

The Chicago-based carrier says on 13 April that 11 corporate partners support the initiative, which is central to United’s quest to become carbon neutral by 2050. Individual travellers who book United flights can also contribute by paying what the airline calls a “green premium”.

Eco-Skies Alliance - United

The Eco-Skies Alliance is a first-of-its-kind program involving leading global corporations working with United to help power flying in a more sustainable way. This innovative program offers our corporate customers the opportunity to reduce their environmental impact and help make sustainable aviation the norm. This group of leaders recognizes the need for bold action to accelerate solutions that decarbonize aviation.

codc10

Tue Apr 13, 2021 2:18 pm

adamblang wrote:
NewYork1K wrote:
Kirby teasing some sort of "meaningful announcement" next week... https://www.instagram.com/p/CNLQGQ8BhCC/

I wonder if this was the meaningful announcement, delayed a week?

United launches ‘sustainable’ fuel investment scheme - Flight Global

United Airlines has launched “Eco-Skies Alliance”, a programme through which it will allow customers and corporate partners to invest in sustainable aviation fuels (SAF).

The Chicago-based carrier says on 13 April that 11 corporate partners support the initiative, which is central to United’s quest to become carbon neutral by 2050. Individual travellers who book United flights can also contribute by paying what the airline calls a “green premium”.

Eco-Skies Alliance - United

The Eco-Skies Alliance is a first-of-its-kind program involving leading global corporations working with United to help power flying in a more sustainable way. This innovative program offers our corporate customers the opportunity to reduce their environmental impact and help make sustainable aviation the norm. This group of leaders recognizes the need for bold action to accelerate solutions that decarbonize aviation.

The “meaningful announcement” was related to the Aviate program and diversity training commitment, which stirred some controversy in the media (though premised on a misunderstanding of how the flight training to hiring progression works).

kd9gy

Tue Apr 13, 2021 3:21 pm

jayunited wrote:
ChaseP wrote:
Maintenance Update:

No its confirmed ZRH did damage N45905 a temporary fix was done to get the plane back state side. A special maintenance permit was issued to UA to operate UA2726-12, EWR maintenance will inspect the aircraft and another special maintenance permit will need to be issued to get the aircraft to SFO Maintenance for final repairs. Internally the aircraft is showing routed to SFO today but externally the EWR-SFO UA2726-13 doesn't show up yet.

The aircraft didn't arrive into EWR until 0026 this morning April 13th so it could be EWR maintenance hasn't completed their inspection to make sure the aircraft is safe to continue onward to SFO for final repairs. But N45905 is for sure out of service pending final repairs however I'm not sure what exactly was damaged on the aircraft in ZRH or the severity of the damage.

In the air now, approaching northern Indiana at 40K feet and 505 mph. FlightAware showing ETA into SFO at 12:44 pm PDT.

Opus99

Tue Apr 13, 2021 3:22 pm

United ordered another 25 MAX in March

LAXintl

Tue Apr 13, 2021 4:15 pm

United looking for more cash.

United Airlines intends to commence a private offering to eligible purchasers of US$5.5 billion in aggregate principal amount of two series of notes, the senior secured notes due 2026 and the senior secured notes due 2029, subject to market and other conditions. The Notes will be guaranteed on an unsecured basis by UAL. United also announced it intends to enter into a new $3.5 billion senior secured term loan B facility due 2028 and a new $1.75 billion senior secured revolving credit facility due 2025 concurrently with the closing of the offering of the Notes.

SEC filing
https://ir.united.com/node/24811/html

They are also expected to post Q1 revenues of $3.2 billion, a decrease of 66% versus the first quarter of 2019 Average daily core cash flow loss for the first quarter of 2021 is expected to be approximately $9 million.
From the desert to the sea, to all of Southern California

Scarebus34

Re: 1

Tue Apr 13, 2021 4:44 pm

LAXintl wrote:

United Airlines intends to commence a private offering to eligible purchasers of US$5.5 billion in aggregate principal amount of two series of notes, the senior secured notes due 2026 and the senior secured notes due 2029, subject to market and other conditions. The Notes will be guaranteed on an unsecured basis by UAL. United also announced it intends to enter into a new $3.5 billion senior secured term loan B facility due 2028 and a new $1.75 billion senior secured revolving credit facility due 2025 concurrently with the closing of the offering of the Notes.

SEC filing

They are also expected to post Q1 revenues of $3.2 billion, a decrease of 66% versus the first quarter of 2019 Average daily core cash flow loss for the first quarter of 2021 is expected to be approximately $9 million.

The purpose is to repay near-term debt obligations.

drerx7

Tue Apr 13, 2021 4:55 pm

Seeing the 764 in schedules for June...is this still a place holder or are they going to be back in the fleet by that time.
HOUSTON, TEXAS

codc10

Tue Apr 13, 2021 4:57 pm

LAXintl wrote:

SEC filing

Cash burn good, outlook good, revenue decline not so great but unsurprising considering United's more-international orientation (versus, say, AA, which is guiding a 62% revenue decrease). It will be interesting to see performance by region when the quarterly report is released. Retiring other debt and the $520m initial draw under CARES is sensible.

drerx7 wrote:
Seeing the 764 in schedules for June...is this still a place holder or are they going to be back in the fleet by that time.

On what routes are you seeing them, and on which dates? The 764s are coming back, and at least some are planned to be in service by June, so I'm inclined to say this is not a placeholder, but UA has not uploaded its entire June schedule.

LAXdude1023

Tue Apr 13, 2021 5:08 pm

codc10 wrote:

drerx7 wrote:

On what routes are you seeing them, and on which dates? The 764s are coming back, and at least some are planned to be in service by June, so I'm inclined to say this is not a placeholder, but UA has not uploaded its entire June schedule.

EWR-SJU for one.
FOR THE LOVE OF GOD BRING BACK THE PAYWALL!!!!

MIflyer12

Tue Apr 13, 2021 5:08 pm

Scarebus34 wrote:
LAXintl wrote:

SEC filing

The purpose is to repay near-term debt obligations.

If those sums are raised it appears to be significant net new debt, based on what they describe to be paid off:

United intends to use the net proceeds from the offering of the Notes and borrowings under the Term Loan Facility (i) to repay in full the $1.4 billion
aggregate principal amount outstanding under the term loan facility United entered into on March 29, 2017, the $1.0 billion aggregate principal amount
outstanding under the revolving credit facility United entered into on March 29, 2017 and the $520 million aggregate principal amount outstanding under
the CARES Act term loan facility United entered into on September 28, 2020, (ii) to pay fees and expenses relating to the offering of the Notes and (iii) for
United’s general corporate purposes.

That is straight from the SEC 8-K dated 4/12/21.

CALMSP

Tue Apr 13, 2021 5:11 pm

UA should be able to save some cash for staff salaries if they end up laying off the catering group and outsource to the lowest bidder. Wonder if they would still maintain the facilities or sell those as well.

drerx7

Tue Apr 13, 2021 5:26 pm

June 4th specifically on EWR- SJU-EWR with 764
HOUSTON, TEXAS

SunsetLimited

Tue Apr 13, 2021 5:29 pm

764s are also showing up on EWR-IAH.

Nice to see them back doing what they do best.
Spread hope like fire.

jbs2886

Tue Apr 13, 2021 6:08 pm

Opus99 wrote:
United ordered another 25 MAX in March

Is this in addition to the March 1 announcement?

psa1011

Tue Apr 13, 2021 9:58 pm

I've been seeing Wiki references to supposed new routes by UA, however no source is provided, and none is for sale. I can't tell if this is insider knowledge that someone within UA is teasing or just a troll. Here are just a few I'm seeing scheduled to start during 2021:

SFO-ITO/LGB/COS
DEN-LGB

Golfmikey

Tue Apr 13, 2021 10:20 pm

SunsetLimited wrote:
764s are also showing up on EWR-IAH.

Nice to see them back doing what they do best.

Only 1 764 is in HKG for heavy mx...it takes at least 3-4 weeks for the check so if they want a lot for the June schedule they need to start sending them to HKG quickly

United787

Tue Apr 13, 2021 10:33 pm

Hi A-Nut friends, I have been MIA lately but back.

Need help with a tail number, I forgot to write down the tail for the following flight, can anyone help me?

April 3, 2021 - UA1982 - ORD-PLS

Thank you!

codc10

Tue Apr 13, 2021 10:38 pm

United787 wrote:

Need help with a tail number, I forgot to write down the tail for the following flight, can anyone help me?

Thank you!

UA1892 flew with N33262 on 03APR.

United787

Tue Apr 13, 2021 10:39 pm

codc10 wrote:
United787 wrote:

Thank you!

UA1892 flew with N33262 on 03APR.

Thank you codc10!

aa1818

Tue Apr 13, 2021 11:54 pm

LAXintl wrote:

SEC filing

How does this compare to the other two US3?
I believe I saw mention in another thread that AA was USD4M positive core and USD8M negative with severance and debt payments.
Is this a direct comparison?
How does UA's revenue stack up against DL and AA and what sort of drop did they post?

AA1818
“The moment you doubt whether you can fly, you cease for ever to be able to do it.” J.M. Barrie (Peter Pan)

FSDan

Wed Apr 14, 2021 12:15 am

aa1818 wrote:
How does this compare to the other two US3?
I believe I saw mention in another thread that AA was USD4M positive core and USD8M negative with severance and debt payments.
Is this a direct comparison?

The $4M positive core was for March only, and it was -$4M when including the debt + severance. Overall I believe AA was at -$27M per day for Q1.
This is my signature until I think of a better one.

Nicknuzzii

Wed Apr 14, 2021 12:28 am

Should we expect the June schedule this week or am I being too optimistic?

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos