Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

 
LAXdude1023
Posts: 6549
Joined: Thu Sep 07, 2006 3:16 pm

Re: United Fleet, Network, and Discussion Thread - Q2 2021

Wed May 12, 2021 9:39 pm

Heres EWR.

EWR-Northeast/Virginia/Caribbean
ALB: 1 no change
BGR: 0 to 2
BQN: 1 no change
BTV: 1 no change
BUF: 3 no change
DCA: 2 no change
EWR: 2 no change
IAD: 3 no change
ORF: 2 no change
PQI: 1 no change
PWM: 2 to 4
RIC: 2 no change
ROC: 2 no change
SJU: 4 no change
STT: 2 no change

EWR-Florida
EYW: 3 to 2 - decrease
FLL: 6 no change
JAX: 3 to 2 - decrease but one flight upgraded to mainline
MCO: 6 to 7
MIA: 5 no change
PBI: 6 to 5 decrease
RSW: 4 to 5
SRQ: 1 to 2
TPA: 5 no change

EWR-South
ATL: 3 no change - one upgrade to mainline
AUS: 2 no change - one upgrade to mainline
AVL: 0 to 1
BNA: 2 to 3
CHS: 3 to 4
CLT: 3 no change
DFW: 3 no change - one upgrade to mainline
IAH: 6 to 7
MSY: 3 no change - one upgrade to mainline
RDU: 3 no change
SAV: 3 to 4

EWR-Midwest East of ORD
CLE: 3 no change
CMH: 2 no change
CVG: 2 no change
DTW: 3 no change
GRR: 0 to 1
IND: 3 no change
PIT: 3 no change
TVC: 0 to 1

EWR-Midwest West of ORD/Plains
MSP: 1 no change
ORD: 4 to 7
RAP: 0 to 1
STL: 2 no change

EWR-Mountain States
BZN: 0 to 1
DEN: 6 no change
LAS: 3 no change
PHX: 3 no change
SLC: 1 no change

EWR-West Coast/Hawaii/Alaska
ANC: 0 to 1
HNL: 1 no change
LAX: 3 to 4
OGG: 0 to 5x weekly
PDX: 1 to 2
SAN: 2 no change
SEA: 2 no change
SFO: 3 to 4
SMF: 0 to 1
SNA: 0 to 1
 
jayunited
Posts: 3608
Joined: Sat Jan 05, 2013 12:03 am

Re: United Fleet, Network, and Discussion Thread - Q2 2021

Wed May 12, 2021 11:47 pm

I've been doing some research and as we all remember United's May Schedule was split in two and released in two parts. The first half of May was nearly a copy and past of April, the second half of May United did plan to increase frequency on some routes.

Looking at the internal data there is a slight schedule increase in flights in the second half of May as United gets ready for summer.

DEN: 396 average daily flights
IAH: 389 average daily flights
ORD: 385 average daily flights

Since last June 2020 there has been a substantial difference in the number of scheduled flights operating out of DEN and IAH vs ORD. Soon ORD will be within striking distance of IAH and DEN in terms of total flights, even though until now ORD's revenue passenger numbers continue to lag behind both IAH and DEN. We still have a few days for the next internal report to come out showing revenue passenger O&D data, but it will be interesting to see if UA at ORD has begun to close the O&D revenue passenger gap that has existed between ORD and IAH/DEN.

EWR: 199 average daily flights
IAD: 178 average daily flights

This is another interesting development because IAD's is inching closer to EWR. Even though EWR is still ahead by the end of May IAD will only be 21 flights behind EWR. Again no revenue passenger data yet to compare although historically EWR's O&D revenue passenger counts has been outpacing IAD numbers.

SFO: 112 average daily flights (SFO finally crosses the 100 flight mark but still a long ways away from the 330 pre-pandemic mark).
LAX: 81 average daily flights (LAX's total number may appear low but keep in mind pre-pandemic UA only operated 150-160 flights out of LAX).

At one point during the pandemic there were more revenue O&D passengers flying UA out of LAX than UA at SFO, and out of all of UA's hubs SFO was dead last in terms of total revenue passengers. While SFO's revenue passenger count has improved UA is still doing quite well at LAX despite the fact LAX remains the smallest UA hub in total flights.
 
LAXdude1023
Posts: 6549
Joined: Thu Sep 07, 2006 3:16 pm

Re: United Fleet, Network, and Discussion Thread - Q2 2021

Wed May 12, 2021 11:55 pm

I forgot EWR-PVD. 1 flight no change.
 
LAXdude1023
Posts: 6549
Joined: Thu Sep 07, 2006 3:16 pm

Re: United Fleet, Network, and Discussion Thread - Q2 2021

Thu May 13, 2021 12:41 am

Left out EWR-MYR. 3 to 4.
EWR-HHH 1 no change
ORD-MYR 1 no change
ORD-HHH 1 no change
ORD-CKB 1 no change
IAH-RAP 0 to 1
Last edited by LAXdude1023 on Thu May 13, 2021 1:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
 
FlyGuy27
Posts: 37
Joined: Sun Sep 09, 2018 8:58 pm

Re: United Fleet, Network, and Discussion Thread - Q2 2021

Thu May 13, 2021 1:10 am

Thank you for the EWR data. It’s amazing - 4 flights a day EWR-MYR puts MYR on the same “tier” as SFO, LAX and well ahead of other cities in terms of frequency.

Leisure, leisure, leisure. Hopefully yields are increasing (perhaps lots of paid F folks up front).
 
LAXdude1023
Posts: 6549
Joined: Thu Sep 07, 2006 3:16 pm

Re: United Fleet, Network, and Discussion Thread - Q2 2021

Thu May 13, 2021 1:21 am

Here is IAD.

IAD-East Coast/Caribbean/Virginia
ABE: 2 to 1 - decrease
ALB: 2 no change
AVP: 2 to 1 - decrease
BDL: 2 no change - one upgrade to mainline
BGR: 2 no change
BTV: 2 no change
BUF: 2 no change
CHO: 2 no change
EWR: 3 no change
ITH: 0 to 2
LGA: 2 no change
MDT: 2 no change
MHT: 0 to 2
OGS: 2 to 1 - decrease
ORF: 2 no change
PHL: 2 no change
PVD: 2 no change
PWM: 2 no change - one upgrade to Mainline
RIC: 2 no change
ROA: 2 no change
ROC: 2 no change
SCE: 2 no change
SHD: 1 no change
SJU: 1 no change
STT: 1 no change
SYR: 2 no change

IAD-Midwest east of ORD
CAK: 2 to 1 - decrease
CKB: 1 no change
CLE: 2 no change
CMH: 2 no change
CVG: 2 no change
DAY: 2 no change
DTW: 2 no change
ERI: 2 to 1 - decrease
GRR: 1 no change
IND: 2 no change
JST: 1 no change
PIT: 2 no change
SDF: 2 no change
TVC: 1 no change

IAD-Midwest west of ORD/Plains
MCI: 2 no change
MSP: 1 to 2
ORD: 4 no change
STL: 2 no change

IAD-Florida
ECP: 1 no change
EYW: 1 no change
FLL: 2 no change
JAX: 2 no change - one upgrade to mainline
MCO: 2 no change
MIA: 2 no change
PBI: 2 to 1 - decrease
PNS: 2 no change
RSW: 2 no change
TPA: 2 no change

IAD-South
ATL: 2 no change
AUS: 1 to 2 - two upgrades to mainline
AVL: 2 no change
BNA: 2 no change - one upgrade to mainline
CAE: 2 no change
CHS: 2 no change - one upgraded to mainline
CLT: 2 no change
DFW: 1 to 2 - one upgrade to mainline
GSO: 2 no change
GSP: 2 no change
HHH: 1 to 2
HSV: 2 no change
IAH: 4 to 6
ILM: 2 no change
MSY: 2 no change - one upgrade to mainline
MYR: 1 to 2
RDU: 2 no change
SAT: 1 no change
SAV: 2 no change
TYS: 2 no change

IAD-Mountain West
BZN: 0 to 1
DEN: 5 no change
LAS: 2 no change
PHX: 2 to 1 - decrease

IAD-West Coast/Alaska/Hawaii
HNL: 1 no change
LAX: 3 no change
PDX: 0 to 1
SAN: 2 no change
SEA: 1 no change
SFO: 3 no change
SMF: 1 no change
 
Cmac787
Posts: 308
Joined: Fri Oct 27, 2017 5:15 pm

Re: United Fleet, Network, and Discussion Thread - Q2 2021

Thu May 13, 2021 1:55 am

This will change. Just found out today that IAD is adding the 10pm bank July 1st. Adding 44 flights. 36 express and 8 mainline

LAXdude1023 wrote:
Here is IAD.

IAD-East Coast/Caribbean/Virginia
ABE: 2 to 1 - decrease
ALB: 2 no change
AVP: 2 to 1 - decrease
BDL: 2 no change - one upgrade to mainline
BGR: 2 no change
BTV: 2 no change
BUF: 2 no change
CHO: 2 no change
EWR: 3 no change
ITH: 0 to 2
LGA: 2 no change
MDT: 2 no change
MHT: 0 to 2
OGS: 2 to 1 - decrease
ORF: 2 no change
PHL: 2 no change
PVD: 2 no change
PWM: 2 no change - one upgrade to Mainline
RIC: 2 no change
ROA: 2 no change
ROC: 2 no change
SCE: 2 no change
SHD: 1 no change
SJU: 1 no change
STT: 1 no change
SYR: 2 no change

IAD-Midwest east of ORD
CAK: 2 to 1 - decrease
CKB: 1 no change
CLE: 2 no change
CMH: 2 no change
CVG: 2 no change
DAY: 2 no change
DTW: 2 no change
ERI: 2 to 1 - decrease
GRR: 1 no change
IND: 2 no change
JST: 1 no change
PIT: 2 no change
SDF: 2 no change
TVC: 1 no change

IAD-Midwest west of ORD/Plains
MCI: 2 no change
MSP: 1 to 2
ORD: 4 no change
STL: 2 no change

IAD-Florida
ECP: 1 no change
EYW: 1 no change
FLL: 2 no change
JAX: 2 no change - one upgrade to mainline
MCO: 2 no change
MIA: 2 no change
PBI: 2 to 1 - decrease
PNS: 2 no change
RSW: 2 no change
TPA: 2 no change

IAD-South
ATL: 2 no change
AUS: 1 to 2 - two upgrades to mainline
AVL: 2 no change
BNA: 2 no change - one upgrade to mainline
CAE: 2 no change
CHS: 2 no change - one upgraded to mainline
CLT: 2 no change
DFW: 1 to 2 - one upgrade to mainline
GSO: 2 no change
GSP: 2 no change
HHH: 1 to 2
HSV: 2 no change
IAH: 4 to 6
ILM: 2 no change
MSY: 2 no change - one upgrade to mainline
MYR: 1 to 2
RDU: 2 no change
SAT: 1 no change
SAV: 2 no change
TYS: 2 no change

IAD-Mountain West
BZN: 0 to 1
DEN: 5 no change
LAS: 2 no change
PHX: 2 to 1 - decrease

IAD-West Coast/Alaska/Hawaii
HNL: 1 no change
LAX: 3 no change
PDX: 0 to 1
SAN: 2 no change
SEA: 1 no change
SFO: 3 no change
SMF: 1 no change
 
LAXdude1023
Posts: 6549
Joined: Thu Sep 07, 2006 3:16 pm

Re: United Fleet, Network, and Discussion Thread - Q2 2021

Thu May 13, 2021 2:03 am

Heres SFO:

SFO-West Coast/Hawaii/Alaska
ACV: 2 to 3
ANC: 0 to 1
BFL: 1 no change
EUG: 2 to 4
FAT: 2 to 4
HNL: 3 to 5
KOA: 3 to 4
LAX: 4 to 5
LIH: 1 to 2
MFR: 2 to 3
OGG: 3 to 5
ONT: 3 no change
OTH: 1 no change
PDX: 3 to 5
PSP: 2 no change
RDD: 1 to 3
RDM: 2 to 3
SBA: 2 no change
SEA: 3 to 5
SMF: 4 to 5
SNA: 2 to 5

SFO-Mountain West
ABQ: 0 to 2
ASE: 0 to 1
BOI: 3 to 4
BZN: 0 to 1
DEN: 5 to 6
GEG: 2 no change
JAC: 0 to 1
LAS: 4 to 5
MSO: 0 to 1
PHX: 3 to 4
PSC: 1 to 2
RNO: 3 to 4
SBP: 2 to 1 - decrease
SLC: 3 no change
SUN: 0 to 1
TUS: 2 no change

SFO-South
AUS: 2 to 3
BNA: 0 to 1
DFW: 1 to 2
IAH: 6 to 7
RDU: 0 to 1

SFO-Midwest west of ORD/Plains
ORD: 5 to 6

SFO-Midwest East of ORD
CLE: 0 to 1

SFO-Florida
FLL: 0 to 1
MCO: 1 no change
TPA: 0 to 1

SFO-Northeast
BOS: 1 to 3
EWR: 3 to 4
IAD: 3 no change
JFK: 2 no change
 
AaronPGH
Posts: 623
Joined: Fri Nov 08, 2013 9:13 pm

Re: United Fleet, Network, and Discussion Thread - Q2 2021

Thu May 13, 2021 2:04 am

LAXDude, thank you for pulling together these hub roundups!
 
maps4ltd
Posts: 982
Joined: Tue May 08, 2018 4:48 pm

Re: United Fleet, Network, and Discussion Thread - Q2 2021

Thu May 13, 2021 2:19 am

These numbers are for July right?
 
rjbesikof
Posts: 378
Joined: Wed Jan 22, 2020 4:21 am

Re: United Fleet, Network, and Discussion Thread - Q2 2021

Thu May 13, 2021 2:22 am

With Germany's recent announcement about opening up to vaccinated travelers, do you think UA will reopen more flights/frequencies to MUC and FRA or leave those to Lufthansa?
 
Scarebus34
Posts: 761
Joined: Tue Feb 12, 2019 10:54 pm

Re: United Fleet, Network, and Discussion Thread - Q2 2021

Thu May 13, 2021 2:28 am

rjbesikof wrote:
With Germany's recent announcement about opening up to vaccinated travelers, do you think UA will reopen more flights/frequencies to MUC and FRA or leave those to Lufthansa?

At one point EWR-MUC was not loaded at all. It’s back in the schedule now so my guess is they do have Intentions of restoring some US-Germany service.
 
rjbesikof
Posts: 378
Joined: Wed Jan 22, 2020 4:21 am

Re: United Fleet, Network, and Discussion Thread - Q2 2021

Thu May 13, 2021 2:31 am

Scarebus34 wrote:
rjbesikof wrote:
With Germany's recent announcement about opening up to vaccinated travelers, do you think UA will reopen more flights/frequencies to MUC and FRA or leave those to Lufthansa?

At one point EWR-MUC was not loaded at all. It’s back in the schedule now so my guess is they do have Intentions of restoring some US-Germany service.

Since the traffic headed to Germany would be tourists and not business travelers, which is the more touristic destination, FRA or MUC?
 
LAXdude1023
Posts: 6549
Joined: Thu Sep 07, 2006 3:16 pm

Re: United Fleet, Network, and Discussion Thread - Q2 2021

Thu May 13, 2021 2:35 am

maps4ltd wrote:
These numbers are for July right?


It’s increase (or decrease) in flights between May and July. I get that the July schedule may be subject to some changes, and I’ll monitor it.

I’ll count up increases per hub as well.
 
sfojvjets
Posts: 249
Joined: Sun Dec 06, 2020 6:00 am

Re: United Fleet, Network, and Discussion Thread - Q2 2021

Thu May 13, 2021 2:39 am

jayunited wrote:
At one point during the pandemic there were more revenue O&D passengers flying UA out of LAX than UA at SFO, and out of all of UA's hubs SFO was dead last in terms of total revenue passengers. While SFO's revenue passenger count has improved UA is still doing quite well at LAX despite the fact LAX remains the smallest UA hub in total flights.


I think SFO will make some kind of a comeback this summer. Anecdotally, as someone who hasn't flown since January 2020 (April 2020 flight canceled) I have 3 rt's booked for june and july, two of which are on UA (tcon and Hawaii). Might book something for August and would love to go to PPT this winter. I'm cautiously optimistic given that so much of our (pre-covid) traffic is Intl.
 
jayunited
Posts: 3608
Joined: Sat Jan 05, 2013 12:03 am

Re: United Fleet, Network, and Discussion Thread - Q2 2021

Thu May 13, 2021 4:01 am

Scarebus34 wrote:
rjbesikof wrote:
With Germany's recent announcement about opening up to vaccinated travelers, do you think UA will reopen more flights/frequencies to MUC and FRA or leave those to Lufthansa?

At one point EWR-MUC was not loaded at all. It’s back in the schedule now so my guess is they do have Intentions of restoring some US-Germany service.


In addition to resuming EWR-MUC, United has already resumed both IAD-MUC and ORD-MUC on a weekly bases, this leaves both IAH-MUC and SFO-MUC in the suspended column. With this news we may see United increase frequency out of EWR, IAD or ORD, or perhaps resume service out of IAH or SFO.
 
mmahpeel
Posts: 99
Joined: Sat Oct 11, 2014 11:18 pm

Re: United Fleet, Network, and Discussion Thread - Q2 2021

Thu May 13, 2021 5:36 am

SFO-MUC starts June 5, on Sat/Mon/Wed.
 
KaizerWilhelm
Posts: 3
Joined: Sun Jul 15, 2018 11:58 pm

Re: United Fleet, Network, and Discussion Thread - Q2 2021

Thu May 13, 2021 12:00 pm

codc10 wrote:
KaizerWilhelm wrote:
What is the likelihood of widebodies getting put back on SFO-OGG? We've got a family trip to Maui in September and were originally booked on a HD 777, but now that they are grounded, they've moved us to a 738. Booked in Biz for the lay flat seats and now stuck to recliners. Any ideas on when they might swap back to widebodies?


As the schedules update, 767s and 757s are being added to Hawaii markets. UA hasn’t gotten to updating July yet, so September will follow... patience, grasshopper! ;)

Good point, hadn't really thought about that. I will continue to exercise patience!
 
LAXdude1023
Posts: 6549
Joined: Thu Sep 07, 2006 3:16 pm

Re: United Fleet, Network, and Discussion Thread - Q2 2021

Thu May 13, 2021 5:48 pm

Heres my former home airport, LAX.

LAX-West Coast/Hawaii/Alaska
ACV: 1 no change
EUG: 1 no change
FAT: 2 to 3
HNL: 3 to 4
ITO: 1 no change
KOA: 2 no change
LIH: 1 to 2
MFR: 1 no change
MRY: 0 to 2
OGG: 2 to 3
RDD: 1 no change
RDM: 1 no change
SAN: 1 to 2
SBA: 1 to 2
SCK: 0 to 2
SEA: 1 to 2 - one upgrade to mainline
SFO: 4 to 5
SMF: 0 to 2

LAX-Mountain West
ASE: 0 to 2
BOI: 1 no change
BZN: 1 no change
COS: 1 no change
DEN: 4 to 5
FCA: 0 to 1
JAC: 0 to 1
LAS: 2 to 4
PHX: 1 to 2
PRC: 1 no change
RNO: 2 to 3
SLC: 1 to 2
SUN: 0 to 1

LAX-Midwest
CLE: 0 to 1
ORD: 5 to 7

LAX-Northeast
BOS: 0 to 2
BWI: 0 to 1
EWR: 3 to 4
IAD: 2 to 3
JFK: 2 no change

LAX-South/Florida
AUS: 1 to 2
IAH: 6 to 8
MCO: 2 no change
 
IFlyOff
Posts: 32
Joined: Thu May 13, 2021 6:36 pm

Re: United Fleet, Network, and Discussion Thread - Q2 2021

Thu May 13, 2021 6:47 pm

Great job, LAXdude. A couple you missed. SFO-SAN 3 to 4. And LAX-SAN has been 2, not 1. So it's no change.
 
User avatar
ChaseP
Posts: 72
Joined: Wed Jul 23, 2014 4:52 am

Re: United Fleet, Network, and Discussion Thread - Q2 2021

Thu May 13, 2021 7:26 pm

Maintenance Update:
N14731 (Boeing 737-700) is scheduled to ferry from ORD to MCO (UA2757/13) for scheduled maintenance.
N68880 (Boeing 737-900) is scheduled for a test flight (UA2692/13) after heavy maintenance.
N57868 (Boeing 757-300) is scheduled to ferry from GSO to ORD (UA2691/13) after a brief maintenance visit.
N215UA (Boeing 777-200) is scheduled to ferry from HNL to SFO (UA2714/14) for maintenance.
N809UA (Airbus 319) is scheduled to ferry from IAH to LCQ (UA2756/14) for heavy maintenance.

Storage Update:
N492UA (Airbus 320) ferried from TPA to GYR (UA2720/13). It is unconfirmed if the unit will enter storage or not.
N438UA (Airbus 320) is scheduled to ferry from SFO to GYR (UA2722/14). It is unconfirmed if the unit will enter storage or not.

Paint Update:
N426UA (Airbus 320) is scheduled to ferry from DEN to VCV (UA2755/14) for painting.
 
Pinto
Posts: 135
Joined: Thu Jun 21, 2018 11:30 pm

Re: United Fleet, Network, and Discussion Thread - Q2 2021

Fri May 14, 2021 12:08 am

rjbesikof wrote:
With Germany's recent announcement about opening up to vaccinated travelers, do you think UA will reopen more flights/frequencies to MUC and FRA or leave those to Lufthansa?


Any link to this announcement?
 
rjbesikof
Posts: 378
Joined: Wed Jan 22, 2020 4:21 am

Re: United Fleet, Network, and Discussion Thread - Q2 2021

Fri May 14, 2021 12:24 am

Pinto wrote:
rjbesikof wrote:
With Germany's recent announcement about opening up to vaccinated travelers, do you think UA will reopen more flights/frequencies to MUC and FRA or leave those to Lufthansa?


Any link to this announcement?


Yes.https://www.usatoday.com/story/travel/n ... 064394001/
 
User avatar
christao17
Posts: 937
Joined: Sun Apr 17, 2005 12:14 pm

Re: United Fleet, Network, and Discussion Thread - Q2 2021

Fri May 14, 2021 12:43 am

Does anyone know the status of upgrading UA's 787-8 and 787-9 to the new Polaris product? Their progress tracker website looks like it hasn't been updated since 2020.
 
dcajet
Posts: 5101
Joined: Sun Aug 01, 2004 9:31 am

Re: United Fleet, Network, and Discussion Thread - Q2 2021

Fri May 14, 2021 12:48 am

christao17 wrote:
Does anyone know the status of upgrading UA's 787-8 and 787-9 to the new Polaris product? Their progress tracker website looks like it hasn't been updated since 2020.


787-8 fleet is completed.

787-9 fleet is in progress


https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/u/ ... /htmlview#
 
sfojvjets
Posts: 249
Joined: Sun Dec 06, 2020 6:00 am

Re: United Fleet, Network, and Discussion Thread - Q2 2021

Fri May 14, 2021 1:02 am

Anyone have the status of widebody repainting?? For some reason I thought the first 788 had gone into painting for EvoBlue some time ago but perhaps I was mistaken? I would love to see some kind of schedule on that. Thanks!
 
sfojvjets
Posts: 249
Joined: Sun Dec 06, 2020 6:00 am

Re: United Fleet, Network, and Discussion Thread - Q2 2021

Fri May 14, 2021 1:03 am

sfojvjets wrote:
Anyone have the status of widebody repainting?? For some reason I thought the first 788 had gone into painting for EvoBlue some time ago but perhaps I was mistaken? I would love to see some kind of schedule on that. Thanks!

^Never mind, I see it is on the spreadsheet listed above my previous post.
 
avi8
Posts: 1407
Joined: Sun Jun 26, 2011 1:36 am

Re: United Fleet, Network, and Discussion Thread - Q2 2021

Fri May 14, 2021 3:21 am

Any idea when UA will start working on the fixes the MAX needs?
 
AAIL86
Posts: 502
Joined: Wed Feb 09, 2011 6:00 am

Re: United Fleet, Network, and Discussion Thread - Q2 2021

Fri May 14, 2021 3:23 am

LAXdude1023 wrote:
Left out EWR-MYR. 3 to 4.
EWR-HHH 1 no change
ORD-MYR 1 no change
ORD-HHH 1 no change
ORD-CKB 1 no change
IAH-RAP 0 to 1


Begging for UA to start IAH-MYR!!

Thanks for the handy recap, bro! :)
 
User avatar
Acey559
Posts: 1481
Joined: Wed Jan 24, 2007 3:30 pm

Re: United Fleet, Network, and Discussion Thread - Q2 2021

Fri May 14, 2021 3:58 am

avi8 wrote:
Any idea when UA will start working on the fixes the MAX needs?


The fix should be completed and all affected aircraft back in service in a few days.
 
User avatar
calpsafltskeds
Posts: 3370
Joined: Tue Dec 19, 2006 1:29 am

Re: United Fleet, Network, and Discussion Thread - Q2 2021

Fri May 14, 2021 4:33 am

FYI:
EvoBlu spreadsheet (tabs on bottom or top for WB, NB and Express)
NB 71 of 595 complete
WB 39 of 213 complete
Express 140 of 587 complete
https://sites.google.com/site/unitedfle ... n-progress

Polaris Update spreadsheet:
https://sites.google.com/site/unitedfle ... d-schedule
Expect 789s to enter mod after two 788s exit XMN
 
flyer56
Posts: 89
Joined: Thu Feb 07, 2019 12:46 pm

Re: United Fleet, Network, and Discussion Thread - Q2 2021

Fri May 14, 2021 5:17 am

LAXdude1023 wrote:
Heres my former home airport, LAX.

LAX-West Coast/Hawaii/Alaska


Thanks for posting all these LAXdude1023. Much appreciated.
 
User avatar
cosyr
Posts: 1671
Joined: Thu Jul 26, 2012 3:23 pm

Re: United Fleet, Network, and Discussion Thread - Q2 2021

Fri May 14, 2021 1:20 pm

We haven't talked about it much since COVID, but what is the status of Domestic F upgrades? There was a lot of debate about the old 738/9 seats, and talk about why it was taking so long to get new seats for all narrowbodies. Have any new F seats been installed in the last year?
 
jayunited
Posts: 3608
Joined: Sat Jan 05, 2013 12:03 am

Re: United Fleet, Network, and Discussion Thread - Q2 2021

Fri May 14, 2021 6:51 pm

Today May 14th United is relaunching IAD-ACC but this time on a 788 instead of a 763.

Flight will operate 3x weekly outbound on Sunday/Wednesday/Friday as UA996, and inbound Monday/Thursday/Saturday as UA997.

Surprisingly United still for some reason has not received approval to operate IAD-LOS. Again I"m not sure if it is the US government holding things up or the Nigerian government. Until approval is granted United can't announce any launch date for this route.

Lastly EWR-JNB is still showing a scheduled launch date on June 3rd.
 
LAXdude1023
Posts: 6549
Joined: Thu Sep 07, 2006 3:16 pm

Re: United Fleet, Network, and Discussion Thread - Q2 2021

Sat May 15, 2021 12:49 am

Based on all the flight improvements I put together, heres which hubs gained the most domestic flights between May and July.

ORD: 110
IAH: 83
DEN: 75
SFO: 49
LAX: 37
EWR: 23
IAD: 9

July tweaks can still happen. This is just where it stands as of now.
 
jayunited
Posts: 3608
Joined: Sat Jan 05, 2013 12:03 am

Re: United Fleet, Network, and Discussion Thread - Q2 2021

Sat May 15, 2021 1:12 am

Question about a United 787 order from 2020.

In a May 2020 SEC Q-10 filing United revealed that back in February of 2020 the company exercised options for seven additional 787s. Once this information became public it was reported at the time United had ordered seven more 78Xs. In subsequent SEC Q-10 filings there has been no further mention of this order and on Boeing's website they are showing an order in February of 2020 for seven 787-10s with GE engines but it is listed under the unidentified order column and not under the United Airlines column.

My question is what happened to this order? Under the United order on Boeing's website I can only see one 787-10 for future delivery, and the information I'm seeing internally doesn't really provide any real clarity. I can't find any (what I would consider) concrete information on those additional 787s United disclosed in their May 2020 SEC filing.
 
Scarebus34
Posts: 761
Joined: Tue Feb 12, 2019 10:54 pm

Re: United Fleet, Network, and Discussion Thread - Q2 2021

Sat May 15, 2021 1:16 am

LAXdude1023 wrote:
Based on all the flight improvements I put together, heres which hubs gained the most domestic flights between May and July.

ORD: 110
IAH: 83
DEN: 75
SFO: 49
LAX: 37
EWR: 23
IAD: 9

July tweaks can still happen. This is just where it stands as of now.


My understanding is they will add another bank to IAD in July.
 
LAXdude1023
Posts: 6549
Joined: Thu Sep 07, 2006 3:16 pm

Re: United Fleet, Network, and Discussion Thread - Q2 2021

Sat May 15, 2021 1:54 am

Scarebus34 wrote:
LAXdude1023 wrote:
Based on all the flight improvements I put together, heres which hubs gained the most domestic flights between May and July.

ORD: 110
IAH: 83
DEN: 75
SFO: 49
LAX: 37
EWR: 23
IAD: 9

July tweaks can still happen. This is just where it stands as of now.


My understanding is they will add another bank to IAD in July.


That would make total sense. IAD can definitely support more than just 9 additional flights.
 
UAinAUS
Posts: 311
Joined: Fri Jun 17, 2016 8:11 am

Re: United Fleet, Network, and Discussion Thread - Q2 2021

Sat May 15, 2021 2:44 am

UAX Update:

E145XR:
N12201 ferried ALB for entry with CommutAir

CR2:
N943SW exited ROW in EvoBlu livery
N969SW entered ROW for paint

CR5:
N501MJ entered AMA for paint
 
UAinAUS
Posts: 311
Joined: Fri Jun 17, 2016 8:11 am

Re: United Fleet, Network, and Discussion Thread - Q2 2021

Sat May 15, 2021 3:08 am

jayunited wrote:
Question about a United 787 order from 2020.

In a May 2020 SEC Q-10 filing United revealed that back in February of 2020 the company exercised options for seven additional 787s. Once this information became public it was reported at the time United had ordered seven more 78Xs. In subsequent SEC Q-10 filings there has been no further mention of this order and on Boeing's website they are showing an order in February of 2020 for seven 787-10s with GE engines but it is listed under the unidentified order column and not under the United Airlines column.

My question is what happened to this order? Under the United order on Boeing's website I can only see one 787-10 for future delivery, and the information I'm seeing internally doesn't really provide any real clarity. I can't find any (what I would consider) concrete information on those additional 787s United disclosed in their May 2020 SEC filing.


Boeing has line numbers for at least 6 United 78Xs with the last 2 likely to be added to the list soon.
1114, 1131, 1132, 1134, 1136, 1138.
1114 is the last from the original order of 14. 1131 is the first of the new order of 7. I’d assume they just haven’t updated the Orders&Deliveries website.
 
Golfmikey
Posts: 60
Joined: Wed Jan 02, 2019 6:41 am

Re: United Fleet, Network, and Discussion Thread - Q2 2021

Sat May 15, 2021 3:45 am

did anyone notice they changed the seat map on the non polaris 763...no longer the orange empties...but blue like polaris and changed the design..not sure why...im still trying to find out what their plan is.
 
Opus99
Posts: 2689
Joined: Thu May 30, 2019 10:51 pm

Re: United Fleet, Network, and Discussion Thread - Q2 2021

Sat May 15, 2021 6:17 am

UAinAUS wrote:
jayunited wrote:
Question about a United 787 order from 2020.

In a May 2020 SEC Q-10 filing United revealed that back in February of 2020 the company exercised options for seven additional 787s. Once this information became public it was reported at the time United had ordered seven more 78Xs. In subsequent SEC Q-10 filings there has been no further mention of this order and on Boeing's website they are showing an order in February of 2020 for seven 787-10s with GE engines but it is listed under the unidentified order column and not under the United Airlines column.

My question is what happened to this order? Under the United order on Boeing's website I can only see one 787-10 for future delivery, and the information I'm seeing internally doesn't really provide any real clarity. I can't find any (what I would consider) concrete information on those additional 787s United disclosed in their May 2020 SEC filing.


Boeing has line numbers for at least 6 United 78Xs with the last 2 likely to be added to the list soon.
1114, 1131, 1132, 1134, 1136, 1138.
1114 is the last from the original order of 14. 1131 is the first of the new order of 7. I’d assume they just haven’t updated the Orders&Deliveries website.

https://twitter.com/byerussell/status/1 ... 94785?s=21

These were United commitments as at 1st March.

11 787s. Which I think is 3 787-9s and 8 787-10s (1 from the original order and the 7 new ones)
 
CALMSP
Posts: 3745
Joined: Wed Aug 13, 2003 3:18 am

Re: United Fleet, Network, and Discussion Thread - Q2 2021

Sat May 15, 2021 1:57 pm

looks like some time in the last few days UA swapped ATH-EWR to a 772 as PE is now available. Good option as I was probably going to book through IAD. Some good added capacity for sure.
 
LHUSA
Posts: 848
Joined: Wed Aug 24, 2005 10:15 am

Re: United Fleet, Network, and Discussion Thread - Q2 2021

Sat May 15, 2021 2:28 pm

Per united.com, looks like EWR-DBV has been increased to 4-weekly (from 3) and now starting a week earlier on July 1.
 
atrude777
Posts: 4499
Joined: Wed Aug 13, 2003 11:23 pm

Re: United Fleet, Network, and Discussion Thread - Q2 2021

Sat May 15, 2021 3:46 pm

Seems United is still tweaking the July Schedule...

My BNA-ORD got downgraded from A319 to E170 and the departure time moved back for quite a few hours.

May have to change my reservation again.

Check your reservations if you have a United Trip in July!

Alex
 
Nicknuzzii
Posts: 1992
Joined: Sat Sep 15, 2018 5:57 pm

Re: United Fleet, Network, and Discussion Thread - Q2 2021

Sat May 15, 2021 3:51 pm

atrude777 wrote:
Seems United is still tweaking the July Schedule...

My BNA-ORD got downgraded from A319 to E170 and the departure time moved back for quite a few hours.

May have to change my reservation again.

Check your reservations if you have a United Trip in July!

Alex


My CUN-EWR flight changed from 8pm to 6pm.
 
DUSZRH
Posts: 311
Joined: Thu Jan 05, 2017 12:17 am

Re: United Fleet, Network, and Discussion Thread - Q2 2021

Sat May 15, 2021 4:36 pm

rjbesikof wrote:
Pinto wrote:
rjbesikof wrote:
With Germany's recent announcement about opening up to vaccinated travelers, do you think UA will reopen more flights/frequencies to MUC and FRA or leave those to Lufthansa?


Any link to this announcement?


Yes.https://www.usatoday.com/story/travel/n ... 064394001/


It’s not the big news, as made out to be for EU/US travel. No quarantine for vaccinated people, however the restrictions on visas are still there. So unless you’re traveling with a EU passport/essential reasons, you’re still not allowed in.
 
PITFlyer330
Posts: 180
Joined: Fri May 14, 2021 4:56 am

Re: United Fleet, Network, and Discussion Thread - Q2 2021

Sat May 15, 2021 5:08 pm

United began Accra last. They hope to go daily and add more IAD routes https://twitter.com/ByERussell/status/1 ... 86626?s=20
 
pilotfox
Posts: 293
Joined: Fri Feb 03, 2006 3:31 am

Re: United Fleet, Network, and Discussion Thread - Q2 2021

Sat May 15, 2021 5:27 pm

I noticed MKE-IAD starting 7/1 on ZW
 
jayunited
Posts: 3608
Joined: Sat Jan 05, 2013 12:03 am

Re: United Fleet, Network, and Discussion Thread - Q2 2021

Sat May 15, 2021 5:41 pm

Two MAXs will reenter revenue service over the next few days.

N37522 will reenter revenue service on May 17th as UA2229 IAH-DEN

N37518 will reenter revenue service on May 18th as UA2607 ORD-IAH

For now the remainder of the effected MAXs are still grounded pending final repairs.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos