Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

tphuang

Re: United Fleet, Network, and Discussion Thread - Q2 2021

Tue May 18, 2021 7:43 pm

jetblastdubai wrote:
jayunited wrote:

I think if we get EWR up to 240 daily departures this summer and hold it there, IAD with 220 daily departures can handle the rest. If United tried to operate more flights this summer out of EWR than the airport can handle it would lead to daily cancelations. United at EWR will be in a tough spot this summer we have to remain competitive but we can’t be so competitive that we become overly aggressive and in turn our own worst enemy. We can not have an operational melt down at EWR simply because one of their main runways will be out of service and we’ve over schedule our operation. Let IAD take some of the workload off of EWR during the construction.

Are other carriers cutting back on EWR ops this summer as well or are they going to take advantage of UA's temporary reductions and start stocking up on opportunities? I'm not familiar with the FAA's current rules regarding EWR capacity restrictions since the slot rule got relaxed. If B6 gets it's foot in the door at EWR (like WN at DEN years ago), it might be difficult for UA to get back the market share they enjoyed before. Losing market share might result in losing some pricing power.

OTOH, I'm all for reducing the dependence on EWR as a domestic connecting hub in favor of IAD.

I'm pretty sure EWR had the same conversation with B6, because B6 is only operating a few more flights over the summer than May.

jayunited

Tue May 18, 2021 9:27 pm

jetblastdubai wrote:
jayunited wrote:

I think if we get EWR up to 240 daily departures this summer and hold it there, IAD with 220 daily departures can handle the rest. If United tried to operate more flights this summer out of EWR than the airport can handle it would lead to daily cancelations. United at EWR will be in a tough spot this summer we have to remain competitive but we can’t be so competitive that we become overly aggressive and in turn our own worst enemy. We can not have an operational melt down at EWR simply because one of their main runways will be out of service and we’ve over schedule our operation. Let IAD take some of the workload off of EWR during the construction.

Are other carriers cutting back on EWR ops this summer as well or are they going to take advantage of UA's temporary reductions and start stocking up on opportunities? I'm not familiar with the FAA's current rules regarding EWR capacity restrictions since the slot rule got relaxed. If B6 gets it's foot in the door at EWR (like WN at DEN years ago), it might be difficult for UA to get back the market share they enjoyed before. Losing market share might result in losing some pricing power.

OTOH, I'm all for reducing the dependence on EWR as a domestic connecting hub in favor of IAD.

That is apples to oranges B6 still has to rebuild their operation at JFK and BOS, B6 at EWR is not going to turn into WN at DEN. And for the record United over the past few years has done a great job winning back market share at DEN in the face of stiff competition from both WN and F9.

Back to EWR it is in no one’s interest to over schedule their capacity during construction, the results would be a loose loose for both the passengers and airlines. And I’m sure the FAA has already told the airline XX is the arrival rate we can safely handle per hour and XX is the departure rate we can safely handle. Any thing more we institute delays if that doesn’t work we move to cancellations. We’ve seen this during inclement weather where the FAA doesn’t cancel flights but they will approach the airlines to say this the arrival rate we can handle and it is up to airline to decided which flight operates on-time, delayed or canceled. Over scheduling when you know you can’t deliver is not the way to conduct business.

cosyr

Tue May 18, 2021 11:12 pm

LAXdude1023 wrote:
ATLgaUSA wrote:
n9801f wrote:
True, though the area around Dulles has experienced robust business development recently.

IAD provides a great alternative to ATL for MEM-Europe and BHM-Europe.

I don't think UA has any desire to capture BHM-Europe or it is at least content to capture that traffic over ORD. BHM-Europe is pretty well covered with AA through CLT/PHL and DL through ATL/DTW. If there was significant traffic to capture outside of those connections, I think you would've seen DL start a JFK flight.

This.

If UA starts IAD-MEM/BHM, it will be because the DC and NOVA markets demand it. That’s why IAD-HSV exists.

I thought IAD-HSV exists because of NASA/Military.

ATLgaUSA

Wed May 19, 2021 1:13 am

cosyr wrote:
LAXdude1023 wrote:
ATLgaUSA wrote:
I don't think UA has any desire to capture BHM-Europe or it is at least content to capture that traffic over ORD. BHM-Europe is pretty well covered with AA through CLT/PHL and DL through ATL/DTW. If there was significant traffic to capture outside of those connections, I think you would've seen DL start a JFK flight.

This.

If UA starts IAD-MEM/BHM, it will be because the DC and NOVA markets demand it. That’s why IAD-HSV exists.

IAD-HSV exists because of NASA and other defense contractor traffic between NOVA and Redstone.

LAXdude1023

Wed May 19, 2021 1:40 am

ATLgaUSA wrote:
cosyr wrote:
LAXdude1023 wrote:

This.

IAD-HSV exists because of NASA and other defense contractor traffic between NOVA and Redstone.

Right, but that’s my point.

ATLgaUSA

Wed May 19, 2021 1:43 am

LAXdude1023 wrote:
ATLgaUSA wrote:
cosyr wrote:

Right, but that’s my point.

I guess I’m confused. The poster explained that’s why HSV-IAD is flown but not IAD-BHM/MEM. BHM and MEM have neither NASA nor the critical mass of defense contractors HSV has.

VCVSpotter

Wed May 19, 2021 3:54 am

I know we have a few UA insiders on this thread, can anyone make sense of this?
United 787-9 N29985 filed LAX-SBD 2:30PM - 3:17PM as UA2694 and SBD-LAX 3:30PM - 4:05PM as UA2695 tomorrow (Wednesday, May 19).
Stays on the ground at SBD for under 15 minutes and goes back to running US-Australia flights the same day. Stumped on what this could be.

https://www.flightradar24.com/data/aircraft/n29985

jetmatt777

Wed May 19, 2021 4:11 am

VCVSpotter wrote:
United 787-9 N29985 filed LAX-SBD 2:30PM - 3:17PM as UA2694 and SBD-LAX 3:30PM - 4:05PM as UA2695 tomorrow (Wednesday, May 19).
Stays on the ground at SBD for under 15 minutes and goes back to running US-Australia flights the same day. Stumped on what this could be.

It’s a media photo-op flight. Prob just getting some stock footage and photos.

Probably won’t land there hence the short “ground time” but need to file somewhere in that area.

VCVSpotter

Wed May 19, 2021 5:28 am

jetmatt777 wrote:
VCVSpotter wrote:

It’s a media photo-op flight. Prob just getting some stock footage and photos.

Probably won’t land there hence the short “ground time” but need to file somewhere in that area.

Knew I could count on someone on this thread, thank you!

jagraham

Wed May 19, 2021 11:27 am

MDC862 wrote:
So the quota mentality will determine future aviators at this company as opposed to the best candidates.

Along the same mentality as a surgeon: Yes they are all Dr.'s, but if you are going in for heart surgery do you want the one at the bottom of the class, or the one at the top?

I am going to assume that your starting point is not intended to inject bias into the discussion . .

That having been said, there is a problem with the feed to the airlines. Most pilots come from military service. Once upon a time, 2% black, and slightly higher levels of hispanics, were acceptable and desired. Not now.

That having been said, the percentage of black and hispanic pilots has barely moved. When articles talk about 20% minorities and women, that is almost 15% women.

Why hasn't the number moved? Bias still exists, even in 2020. AFROTC Detachment 365 serves the Ivy League and Ivy League equivalent schools in the Boston area. When the Pentagon decided cutbacks were necessary, the cuts at this detachment were ENTIRELY women and minorities.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/we-cu ... r-BB1gx5Q0

This is no accident.

This is an example of why the percentage of minorities is so low.

Because no one can say that a minority that can cut the mustard at an Ivy League school is unqualified.

Having said that, if the airlines want to move the needle on their pilot workforces, they have to take action themselves to increase the numbers of minorities and women who become pilots.

BRAVO, United!

VC10er

Wed May 19, 2021 6:03 pm

Deepest apologies! I have not been on a.net for at least a month... I wanted to read more “GOOD NEWS” than bad, and it seems as if things are looking up!

I have a quick question (or 2) that I am concerned I may have missed....but deeply buried.

Has UNITED restarted Polaris and PE retrofits yet, either in part, or back to full court press? Perhaps someone has a link to a chart of birds due next? (I do not know if they feel bullish enough to make the premium investments just yet!

Second, by the time almost ALL (188?) 737MAX jets are on the property, plus the 50 A321XLR’s...will have their been “many” retirements (752? 753?) and older 737-800/9’s? Or is demand expected to be there 3-4 years out to keep the lion share of older NB’s?

Thank you so much in advance!!!
R

calpsafltskeds

Wed May 19, 2021 8:29 pm

Welcome back,
788s complete as last 2 are in mod now. This fleet is less premium heavy making it OK for Hawaii and maybe some summer Y heavy TATL routes.

764s will return to service this summer, but not get Polaris, at least for now. Seems like they're future is in limbo probably due to pandemic demand and 772PW fan blade groundings.

763 fleet has 5 uncompleted (3 are stored) - appears they might be in same boat as 764s. Two were to become 46J Polaris units, but that won't happen, at least for now. Like the 764, these 5 763s they could be relegated to Hawaii, hub-to-hub, transcons and possibly low-premium TATL routes

772GE fleet now complete as last one is in HKG.

772PW fleet is grounded, return and numbers that will return is unknown.

789 retrofits are expected to restart when the 788s are complete. 23 are not complete.

78X and 77W came delivered with Polaris.

More info here on a table https://sites.google.com/site/unitedfle ... d-schedule

Second question, the 321XLR are to replace 762. Not sure about 753s, which are younger and good for hub-to-hub and some Hawaii.
MAXs should replace older 737 and Airbus units as well as being used for growth. 737non-ER, in ROW for over a year, probably will leave.

PITFlyer330

Wed May 19, 2021 11:17 pm

Does anybody think united may delay Boston to london to 2022 because JetBlue is doing 2022 now?

CALMSP

Wed May 19, 2021 11:28 pm

PITFlyer330 wrote:
Does anybody think united may delay Boston to london to 2022 because JetBlue is doing 2022 now?

delay? its never been announced, so technically no delay?! But for me, I never expected this route in 2021 and I really don't expect this route in 2022 either.

flight152

Wed May 19, 2021 11:30 pm

CALMSP wrote:
PITFlyer330 wrote:

delay? its never been announced, so technically no delay?! But for me, I never expected this route in 2021 and I really don't expect this route in 2022 either.

You must have missed it because United definitely announced BOS-LHR, just never mentioned a start date.

Scarebus34

Thu May 20, 2021 12:36 am

PITFlyer330 wrote:

Not necessarily - you would want to launch it before the competition.

Nicknuzzii

Thu May 20, 2021 12:39 am

Scarebus34 wrote:
PITFlyer330 wrote:

I’m sorry but I wasn’t thinking this route was gonna launch in 2021 anyway...

PITFlyer330

Thu May 20, 2021 12:41 am

Scarebus34 wrote:
PITFlyer330 wrote:

true. I was planning to book PIT-BOS-LHR on jetblue and then LHR-BOS on United but my plans are no longer going to happen this year

NoNonsense

Thu May 20, 2021 2:54 am

You need to stop making stuff up on what is leaving the fleet and what is replacing what!

>>>>764s will return to service this summer, but not get Polaris, at least for now. Seems like they're future is in limbo probably due to pandemic demand and 772PW fan blade groundings.

763 fleet has 5 uncompleted (3 are stored) - appears they might be in same boat as 764s. Two were to become 46J Polaris units, but that won't happen, at least for now. Like the 764, these 5 763s they could be relegated to Hawaii, hub-to-hub, transcons and possibly low-premium TATL routes

Second question, the 321XLR are to replace 762. Not sure about 753s, which are younger and good for hub-to-hub and some Hawaii.
MAXs should replace older 737 and Airbus units as well as being used for growth. 737non-ER, in ROW for over a year, probably will leave.<<<<<
Last edited by NoNonsense on Thu May 20, 2021 2:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

Scarebus34

Thu May 20, 2021 2:57 am

NoNonsense wrote:
You need to stop making stuff up and what is leaving the fleet and what is replacing what!

>>>>764s will return to service this summer, but not get Polaris, at least for now. Seems like they're future is in limbo probably due to pandemic demand and 772PW fan blade groundings.

MAXs should replace older 737 and Airbus units as well as being used for growth. 737non-ER, in ROW for over a year, probably will leave.<<<<<

To replace the 762? What? lol...

calpsafltskeds

Thu May 20, 2021 4:51 am

Typo, 752.
No Nonsense, I think I've used the words "seems like", "possible", "probable" based on what been discussed mostly on this thread. If you have more information you can reveal, please let us know, especially with the 767 fleets. I'd love to know if there are concrete plans.

VC10er

Thu May 20, 2021 8:27 am

Thank you No No Nonsense.

Does not seem that much has changed. I was hopeful to hear how quickly the 789’s would be refitted after the 788. I’m curious when the day will come when all 3 787’s will be completed.

Obvious question: the HD 772 fleet was a very busy bird pre pandemic. I presume GE and 737’s are doing their jobs right now. (I do really wonder what will replace those (19?) HD 772’s once flying is back to 2019 levels? (I pray for a better F lie flat!) - would UA ever even consider buying 20 WB’s to replace the HD 772’s????

I’m very excited about the A321XLR and 737MAX-10. I’m EXTREMELY curious how and where they will fly- and with the large amount of 737MAX-9’s, and EMB’s, and CRJ’s how large their futures NB fleet will ultimately be? (I know we have time!)

But thank you!
R

jayunited

Thu May 20, 2021 12:15 pm

CALMSP wrote:
PITFlyer330 wrote:

United did announce BOS-LHR on a High J 763 what they never announced was a specific launch date. Originally it was announced BOS-LHR would start in the summer of 2021, I was never convinced the route would being in the summer of 2021 just given the COVID situation but I do know from our most recent NOC town hall where BOS-LHR was brought up United will launch this route next year.

And while we are on the topic of LHR United is also looking for slots to launch JFK-LHR at some point in the future no time frame was given. I'm going to guess that once the industry is on the other side of this pandemic if there are slots available at LHR look for United to show its hat in the right to get our hands on at least 2 or 3 more LHR slots to launch JFK-LHR.

NoNonsense wrote:
You need to stop making stuff up on what is leaving the fleet and what is replacing what!

I do have to come to calpsafltskeds defense because this person is known on this thread for posting solid reliable information and not someone who just makes things up out of thin air. The A321XLR replacing the 762 was a typo, and I think anyone who read it and then re-read would know what they meant was the 752s which is what United has stated. The 764s are returning to service 1 already has and 2 others are in maintenance right now, but when you look at the most recent internal fleet plan which was updated after the PW grounding there is still no clear direction on the long term future of those frames. The PW77Es will be back in service this coming fall or winter season Boeing is working on a redesigning/strengthening the cowling. It was reported internally early on in during the TAI inspections that additional cracks were found on some of our 77As. We also know from previous virtual town halls United has been meeting with not just Boing on the cowling issue but also Pratt & Whitney to hopefully come up with a fix for the fan blades. We also know the only 77A that has flown since the grounding was N215UA, it was ferried from HNL to SFO late last week, all other 77As remain were they were when they were grounded back in February. Now that doesn't mean it is safe to assume cracks were found hidden in the fan blades on all those engines it just means no other 77A has flown since the grounding whereas all PW 77Es that were in service were relocated to long term storage at ROW after successfully passing their TAI inspection. For now with all of the uncertainty still surrounding the 77A fleet the 764s are still in a holding pattern because Boeing redesigning or strengthening the cowling is only one part of the equations which would release the PW 77Es, but fixing the cowling issue does nothing to address the cracks found on some fan blades on other 77A models. Right now no one knows what the long term future is for the 764s, will they rejoin the International fleet and at some point go through Polaris modifications or if P&W has no way to permanently address the cracks will the 764s have to takeover for the 77As? There are still a lot of questions that need to be answered especially as it pertains to the PW 77A fleet.

Looking at the remainder of the fleet I don't think anyone knows what going to happen with the 753s they are younger than the 752s and there is nothing on the market or coming to the narrowbody market that can replace a 753 on a capacity basis. And lastly United has stated part of our outstanding MAX order will be used for growth and part will be used to replace some older model 737s and Airbus units. We all have typos but everything calpsafltskeds posted has either been confirmed publicly or internally by United Airlines.

Golfmikey

Thu May 20, 2021 1:06 pm

Does anyone know if it is possible that airbus could install a lower lobe crew rest on the a321xlr...I figure that with the planned flight times they will use them on, they will probably have limited cargo capacity anyway...I’m not even sure if this could be a thing however

GmoneyCO

Thu May 20, 2021 1:08 pm

763:
N652UA - Confirmed entry into HKG for maintenance on 20-May/2729

764:
N76054 - Scheduled to HKG for maintenance on 21-May/2719

EssentialBusDC

Thu May 20, 2021 1:54 pm

Golfmikey wrote:
Does anyone know if it is possible that airbus could install a lower lobe crew rest on the a321xlr...I figure that with the planned flight times they will use them on, they will probably have limited cargo capacity anyway...I’m not even sure if this could be a thing however

Why?

The extra design and build to grant access is wasted on the “short” flights. It will be Ike what the 752 currently has. For the pilots it will be a first class seat. For the F/A’s it will be coach seats, if even needed.

NoNonsense

Thu May 20, 2021 2:34 pm

jayunited wrote:
CALMSP wrote:
PITFlyer330 wrote:

United did announce BOS-LHR on a High J 763 what they never announced was a specific launch date. Originally it was announced BOS-LHR would start in the summer of 2021, I was never convinced the route would being in the summer of 2021 just given the COVID situation but I do know from our most recent NOC town hall where BOS-LHR was brought up United will launch this route next year.

And while we are on the topic of LHR United is also looking for slots to launch JFK-LHR at some point in the future no time frame was given. I'm going to guess that once the industry is on the other side of this pandemic if there are slots available at LHR look for United to show its hat in the right to get our hands on at least 2 or 3 more LHR slots to launch JFK-LHR.

NoNonsense wrote:

I do have to come to calpsafltskeds defense because this person is known on this thread for posting solid reliable information and not someone who just makes things up out of thin air. The A321XLR replacing the 762 was a typo, and I think anyone who read it and then re-read would know what they meant was the 752s which is what United has stated. The 764s are returning to service 1 already has and 2 others are in maintenance right now, but when you look at the most recent internal fleet plan which was updated after the PW grounding there is still no clear direction on the long term future of those frames. The PW77Es will be back in service this coming fall or winter season Boeing is working on a redesigning/strengthening the cowling. It was reported internally early on in during the TAI inspections that additional cracks were found on some of our 77As. We also know from previous virtual town halls United has been meeting with not just Boing on the cowling issue but also Pratt & Whitney to hopefully come up with a fix for the fan blades. We also know the only 77A that has flown since the grounding was N215UA, it was ferried from HNL to SFO late last week, all other 77As remain were they were when they were grounded back in February. Now that doesn't mean it is safe to assume cracks were found hidden in the fan blades on all those engines it just means no other 77A has flown since the grounding whereas all PW 77Es that were in service were relocated to long term storage at ROW after successfully passing their TAI inspection. For now with all of the uncertainty still surrounding the 77A fleet the 764s are still in a holding pattern because Boeing redesigning or strengthening the cowling is only one part of the equations which would release the PW 77Es, but fixing the cowling issue does nothing to address the cracks found on some fan blades on other 77A models. Right now no one knows what the long term future is for the 764s, will they rejoin the International fleet and at some point go through Polaris modifications or if P&W has no way to permanently address the cracks will the 764s have to takeover for the 77As? There are still a lot of questions that need to be answered especially as it pertains to the PW 77A fleet.

Looking at the remainder of the fleet I don't think anyone knows what going to happen with the 753s they are younger than the 752s and there is nothing on the market or coming to the narrowbody market that can replace a 753 on a capacity basis. And lastly United has stated part of our outstanding MAX order will be used for growth and part will be used to replace some older model 737s and Airbus units. We all have typos but everything calpsafltskeds posted has either been confirmed publicly or internally by United Airlines.

Jay,

well said!

And that is the point nothing is going away for the next few years, senior leadership has made that clear!
They plan to use everything they have plus!

Golfmikey

Thu May 20, 2021 3:08 pm

EssentialBusDC wrote:
Golfmikey wrote:

Why?

The extra design and build to grant access is wasted on the “short” flights. It will be Ike what the 752 currently has. For the pilots it will be a first class seat. For the F/A’s it will be coach seats, if even needed.

Because it is obvious you have never taken crew rest in coach seats...and if you did you would know that it is not the most comfortable. Like I said in my original post I’m not sure if it is even feasible and I don’t know what the offset would be for reduced cargo space/ if airbus even has a design. With the range it has I expect it on routes like Ewr-arn-Ewr which the return flight is 9 hours.

Golfmikey

Thu May 20, 2021 3:16 pm

I’m not trying to be confrontational lol...just wondering if it’s feasible.

Polot

Thu May 20, 2021 3:20 pm

Golfmikey wrote:

No. The A320 cargo bin is not that tall (maybe ~4’ max). Not enough room to throw a crew rest down there.

calpsafltskeds

Thu May 20, 2021 3:27 pm

Jay, thanks for your comments.
Regarding the 772E PW fleet, all are stored, but not all are at ROW.
XMN: N204UA, N784UA, N785UA, probably all in maint when fleet grounded
VCV: N791UA (appeared to be in for paint when groundings hit), N792UA, N798UA, both moved in early April
ORD: N796UA (stored in 2/21) and N797UA (stored in 3/20)

Golfmikey

Thu May 20, 2021 3:28 pm

Polot wrote:
Golfmikey wrote:

No. The A320 cargo bin is not that tall (maybe ~4’ max). Not enough room to throw a crew rest down there.

Thank you for your answer!

NoNonsense

Thu May 20, 2021 4:01 pm

calpsafltskeds wrote:
Jay, thanks for your comments.
Regarding the 772E PW fleet, all are stored, but not all are at ROW.
XMN: N204UA, N784UA, N785UA, probably all in maint when fleet grounded
VCV: N791UA (appeared to be in for paint when groundings hit), N792UA, N798UA, both moved in early April
ORD: N796UA (stored in 2/21) and N797UA (stored in 3/20)

Yes, I agree calpsafltskeds does a great job tracking better then any one! he/she just needs to back out of the prodiction/ planning mode.

intotheair

Thu May 20, 2021 4:05 pm

jayunited wrote:

That's interesting. I know that has been speculated for a while, but I didn't think much of it until you provided this intel. I really think it would be a mistake if UA were to get back into JFK-LHR if it comes at the expense of any hub frequencies, but that would be great if the pandemic might provide more chances to scoop up LHR slots.

wn676

Thu May 20, 2021 4:22 pm

Polot wrote:
Golfmikey wrote:

How tall are the overhead crew rest areas on widebody aircraft?

DoctorVenkman

Thu May 20, 2021 4:38 pm

Speaking of LHR, has there been any indication when they will bring back LAX-LHR? I'm surprised it wasn't added to the summer schedule.

EssentialBusDC

Thu May 20, 2021 5:01 pm

Golfmikey wrote:
EssentialBusDC wrote:
Golfmikey wrote:

Why?

Because it is obvious you have never taken crew rest in coach seats...and if you did you would know that it is not the most comfortable. Like I said in my original post I’m not sure if it is even feasible and I don’t know what the offset would be for reduced cargo space/ if airbus even has a design. With the range it has I expect it on routes like Ewr-arn-Ewr which the return flight is 9 hours.

Other then transcon deadheading, yes I have never had a coach rest seat, only in first class on the 767 (back before Polaris, only a few times with IPTE and mostly on the old recliners). Our 767’s used to have two modified coach seats for the Fa’s that reclined further and had leg rests. And if the flight wasn’t long enough per the contract, they didn’t even get those seats. I don’t know what the current rest break is on the 767 for them but you get what you negotiate if something better is not mandated by the FAR’s.

But as other pointed out, the 321 is not a large enough sized airframe to have either an upper or lower rest area.

sldispatcher

Thu May 20, 2021 5:32 pm

Any comments been made by United how May has been going for them?

dcajet

Thu May 20, 2021 7:48 pm

Between June 5th and August 1st, United is suspending its Houston IAH - Rio de Janeiro GIG route. Currently operated 5x w with 763ER; daily service from GRU to IAH will continue as scheduled. The GIG route is heavily patronized by the oil industry, hence the summer suspension as traffic drops and with little other traffic to make up for it.

https://www.aviacionline.com/2021/05/un ... e-janeiro/

jayunited

Thu May 20, 2021 8:23 pm

DoctorVenkman wrote:
Speaking of LHR, has there been any indication when they will bring back LAX-LHR? I'm surprised it wasn't added to the summer schedule.

This is a strange one because United has operated cargo only flights regularly on this route. I think UA will resume LAX-LHR if the UK reopens to vaccinated Americans. I put LAX-LHR in the same category as EWR-BCN. United had it on the schedule, then pulled it off the schedule, only to add it back to the schedule once Spain said they would reopen to vaccinated Americans. Once we have a firm answer on when the UK reopens I think within days we will see UA put LAX-LHR back on the schedule.

sldispatcher wrote:
Any comments been made by United how May has been going for them?

You have to wait until June to see May's official or final operational numbers.

Internally I know United started the month of May with 1.6 million revenue customers on the books during the first week of May. The 2nd week of May our revenue customer count had increase to 1.7 million customers and now here in the 3rd week of May we have 1.8 million revenue customers on the books. Next week which is the final week in May those numbers will be released this Saturday. Looking at the domestic and short haul international revenue load factors only United during the first week of May had an averaged daily domestic/short haul international load factor of 80.1%. Now that we are in the 3rd week of May our domestic/short haul international revenue load factor has increase to 84.7%. Again these are revenue passengers only not including non-revs, and the load factors mentioned do not include any long haul flights. Right now our international long haul revenue load factor is at an abysmal 37.9% which believe it or not is an improvement.

SFOtoORD

Thu May 20, 2021 9:26 pm

Given UA’s recent passenger growth and July increases, anyone know when we’ll see August schedules?

Scarebus34

Fri May 21, 2021 12:07 am

SFOtoORD wrote:
Given UA’s recent passenger growth and July increases, anyone know when we’ll see August schedules?

Considering they just released the July schedule - I would say at least another 3 weeks.

Nicknuzzii

Fri May 21, 2021 12:57 am

Scarebus34 wrote:
SFOtoORD wrote:

Considering they just released the July schedule - I would say at least another 3 weeks.

They did their July schedule like 3 weeks ago.

cosyr

Fri May 21, 2021 1:11 am

Nicknuzzii wrote:
Scarebus34 wrote:
SFOtoORD wrote:

They did their July schedule like 3 weeks ago.

I just had a change to my July 3rd flight this week, so they may have started 3 weeks ago, but they're still adjusting.

AA94

Fri May 21, 2021 2:16 am

July schedule is still under adjustment. The month is loaded in two tranches, and then there's a subsequent update for final adjustments (for example: certain fleeting). This same model was followed during the June schedule load and seems to be the new normal going forward.

CALMSP

Fri May 21, 2021 2:23 am

jayunited wrote:
CALMSP wrote:
PITFlyer330 wrote:
Does anybody think united may delay Boston to london to 2022 because JetBlue is doing

sorry, words didn't fully explain what I was stating..........no announcement on a start date when the route announcement came out.

Nicknuzzii

Fri May 21, 2021 3:50 am

Anyone have the departures per day per hub after the most recent update for July?

Acey559

Fri May 21, 2021 4:34 am

IAD 756 base was scheduled to open in February of ‘22, but we were told tonight that the base will be opening in July based on the return of some Europe as well as up-gauged domestic flying. There was also strong optimism of the 756 fleet being extremely busy with European flying next summer, though that is obviously not fact at this point.

NoNonsense

Fri May 21, 2021 7:18 am

Acey559 wrote:
IAD 756 base was scheduled to open in February of ‘22, but we were told tonight that the base will be opening in July based on the return of some Europe as well as up-gauged domestic flying. There was also strong optimism of the 756 fleet being extremely busy with European flying next summer, though that is obviously not fact at this point.

DCA is already a Base, but they will reopen the 756 Categories!

calpsafltskeds

Fri May 21, 2021 2:39 pm

It's great to see the 739MAX fleet back into action.
However, I'm wondering when the training wheels will be taken off. Checking operations there hasn't been a single transcon, no Hawaii flying and find a very few flights with durations of over 4 hours. IAH-SEA looks like the longest flight, followed by RSW-DEN and IAH-SFO. These routings of the 739MAX units look more like 739 non-ER units.
Does anyone know when the MAXs will start spreading its wings?

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos