Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

VirginFlyer
Topic Author

New Zealand Aviation Thread - April 2021

Thu Apr 01, 2021 8:02 am

Welcome to the New Zealand Aviation Thread April 2021.

Please continue to post your updates and your discussion here.

Link to previous thread:
New Zealand Aviation Thread - March 2021

One thing to share is that the Auckland domestic terminal was heaving today. Air New Zealand, Air Chathams, Barrier Air and FlyMySky all seemed very busy. Didn’t get down to the Jetstar end but I can only guess it was the same. There were even announcements about congestion at bag drop. I don’t think I’ve seen it like that since Christmas 2019. Will be interesting to see if Auckland Airport publishes any numbers from this long weekend.

V/F

NZ6

Re: New Zealand Aviation Thread - April 2021

Thu Apr 01, 2021 8:13 am

VirginFlyer
Topic Author

Thu Apr 01, 2021 8:29 am

NZ6 wrote:

This post from last month’s thread seems to point to 12th April:

zkncj wrote:
https://p-airnz.com/cms/assets/NZ-Agents/Wing-Tips/2021/WTPS-5090-26-Mar-21.pdf

AirNZ put out an travel agent update over the weekend, which gives an few details of there bubble plans.

- From 12 of April, all Red Flights between Australia and New Zealand will end. You must haven been in NZ or AU for more than 14 days before travelling on the Tasman.
- PER services are subject to WA Government.
- 787 services between CHC-MEL.
- Aiming to start at 65% of pre-covid levels.

Interestingly, I believe this is also the day that certain bus services are resuming at Auckland Airport.

V/F

PA515

Thu Apr 01, 2021 8:30 am

Does anyone know what's happened to Air NZ Q300 ZK-NEG. It doesn't appear to have flown since 05 Dec 2020.

PA515

NZ6

Thu Apr 01, 2021 8:57 am

VirginFlyer wrote:
NZ6 wrote:

zkncj wrote:

AirNZ put out an travel agent update over the weekend, which gives an few details of there bubble plans.

- From 12 of April, all Red Flights between Australia and New Zealand will end. You must haven been in NZ or AU for more than 14 days before travelling on the Tasman.

Interestingly, I believe this is also the day that certain bus services are resuming at Auckland Airport.

V/F

Interesting don't you think.

Can the government give NZ inside word which would be anti competitive, wouldn't you think? Unless of course QF/VA got the same information but I'm sure more leaks would have occurred if it had.

Is this just an amazing coincidence? Doubtful too.

NZ516

Thu Apr 01, 2021 11:58 pm

PA515 wrote:
Does anyone know what's happened to Air NZ Q300 ZK-NEG. It doesn't appear to have flown since 05 Dec 2020.

PA515

I heard it went into storage but might come out soon.

zkncj

Fri Apr 02, 2021 1:02 am

NZ516 wrote:
PA515 wrote:

PA515

Hopefully giving it an repaint while they are at it?

Why is it taking so long for NZ to repaint the Q300s?

For example most of the 72-500s got repainted, and left the fleet within an couple of years.

Yet the Q300s are still flying around with some of them still not repaint, at what point do you call them an ‘Retro Prop Livery’.

ZK-NBT

Fri Apr 02, 2021 2:25 am

zkncj wrote:
NZ516 wrote:
PA515 wrote:

PA515

Hopefully giving it an repaint while they are at it?

Why is it taking so long for NZ to repaint the Q300s?

For example most of the 72-500s got repainted, and left the fleet within an couple of years.

Yet the Q300s are still flying around with some of them still not repaint, at what point do you call them an ‘Retro Prop Livery’.

I don’t think re painting is a priority. No COVID I’m sure they probably would have been completed last year.

The ATR72 500s were all older than the Q300s and were due for repainting despite it benign known they would be leaving the fleet.

zkncj

Fri Apr 02, 2021 2:56 am

VirginFlyer wrote:
NZ6 wrote:

zkncj wrote:

V/F

I under stand the MIQ Hotel contracts were all up for renewal at the start of April too, so think the Tasman Bubble would have some alignment with that date.....

I took the Skybus last week from the domestic terminal, and it is already stopping at International.... we waited there for 5minutes for no one to board the bus.

zkncj

Sun Apr 04, 2021 7:43 pm

Well here we are Bubble Eve 12.0? Maybe even 13.0, how do we predict tomorrow announcement will go?

There seems to be some hints that the bubble will be in effect as of this Friday.

QLD cases have seemed to settle down, ironically no worse the Auckland Valentine’s Day cluster.

Deputy Prime Minister Grant Robertson has said last week's community outbreak in Queensland wouldn't change the timing of a bubble but was an example of why the Government had taken its time to get procedures

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/transtasman-bubble-airports-airlines-ready-to-go/H5E2UCOW65MFG45TDS62M4FB7A/

tullamarine

Sun Apr 04, 2021 9:09 pm

zkncj wrote:
Well here we are Bubble Eve 12.0? Maybe even 13.0, how do we predict tomorrow announcement will go?

There seems to be some hints that the bubble will be in effect as of this Friday.

QLD cases have seemed to settle down, ironically no worse the Auckland Valentine’s Day cluster.

Deputy Prime Minister Grant Robertson has said last week's community outbreak in Queensland wouldn't change the timing of a bubble but was an example of why the Government had taken its time to get procedures

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/transtasman-bubble-airports-airlines-ready-to-go/H5E2UCOW65MFG45TDS62M4FB7A/

Good luck getting accommodation in Queensland over winter once the bubble is in place. AU Domestic tourism boom along with subsidised airfares has seen lots of places already dig out the No Vacancy signs.

zkncj

Sun Apr 04, 2021 9:45 pm

tullamarine wrote:
zkncj wrote:

Good luck getting accommodation in Queensland over winter once the bubble is in place. AU Domestic tourism boom along with subsidised airfares has seen lots of places already dig out the No Vacancy signs.

Doing an quick look at the Gold Coast for mid-July there seems to be plenty of options to book an place for an week long holiday.

Could understand some more smaller places like Hamilton Island filling up fast. But place’s like the Gold Coast already had a over supply of accomodation pre-covid.

Surely not all hotels across Queensland are current online? Surely some have been short-term mothballed and will reopen once demand returns.

With the hotels currently used but he QLD Government, how long are those contracts for? I’m sure QLD would be happy to say they could secure any hotels in the city any
more for isolation of International arrivals.

tullamarine

Mon Apr 05, 2021 2:03 am

zkncj wrote:
tullamarine wrote:
zkncj wrote:

Doing an quick look at the Gold Coast for mid-July there seems to be plenty of options to book an place for an week long holiday.

Could understand some more smaller places like Hamilton Island filling up fast. But place’s like the Gold Coast already had a over supply of accomodation pre-covid.

Surely not all hotels across Queensland are current online? Surely some have been short-term mothballed and will reopen once demand returns.

With the hotels currently used but he QLD Government, how long are those contracts for? I’m sure QLD would be happy to say they could secure any hotels in the city any
more for isolation of International arrivals.

You'll get some units on the Gold Coast and some on the Sunshine Coast though prices are relatively high which is understandable as owners try to recoup their 2020 losses and sell into a market where they are not competing with Bali, Fiji etc. Likewise, Port Douglas and Palm Cove will be pretty much booked out but there will still be availability in Cairns itself. Hamilton Island is virtually booked out from June to September but apartments still around in Airlie Beach.

The hotel quarantine hotels in Brisbane are mostly contracted through to Q3 and may extend given general international border opening in Australia is unlikely before Christmas.

GW54

Mon Apr 05, 2021 9:28 am

NZ516 wrote:
PA515 wrote:

PA515

Looks like it was scheduled for flights back in March after a test flight. It seems to have completed test flight but everything after that got cancelled, hasn't been seen since

qf789

Tue Apr 06, 2021 4:12 am

NZ/AU bubble announced today commencing on 19 April 2021

https://twitter.com/avweekscho/status/1 ... 82052?s=21

NZ801

Tue Apr 06, 2021 4:45 am

Virgin will not be flying until September/October according to the NZ PM.

lowesrus

Tue Apr 06, 2021 5:24 am

Looks like QF have loaded inventory for OOL. When was this announced as it isn't operated by JQ?

zkncj

Tue Apr 06, 2021 7:36 am

lowesrus wrote:
Looks like QF have loaded inventory for OOL. When was this announced as it isn't operated by JQ?

Quietly this afternoon, apparently they are adding AKL-CNS too.

JQ is still planning to fly AKL-OOL too.

AKL-OOL is now:
NZ A321NEO daily
JQ A320 daily
QF 738 daily

zkncj

Tue Apr 06, 2021 7:39 am

Looking at some AKL-BNE flights in May '21, looks like QF is double daily with an A333.

AKL-SYD is also 3x daily A333.

ZK-NBT

Tue Apr 06, 2021 8:34 am

zkncj wrote:
Looking at some AKL-BNE flights in May '21, looks like QF is double daily with an A333.

AKL-SYD is also 3x daily A333.

AKL-MEL on QF looks to be 17 weekly A330s as well, I guess some of these could change to 738s.

Are JQ going to be on AKL-OOL as well?

zkncj

Tue Apr 06, 2021 8:40 am

ZK-NBT wrote:

Are JQ going to be on AKL-OOL as well?

Currently seems to be bookable on JQ too.

With VA not starting back until OCT, it has freed up room for QF to jump in.

NZ321

Tue Apr 06, 2021 10:48 am

This is great news. Finally happening. Will be interesting to see how fast the widebodies come on....

NZ516

Wed Apr 07, 2021 3:32 am

Qantas will be starting Auckland to Cairns as well presume this will be with 737s. A bit of competition on this route for Air NZ now. Wonder if Jetstar could give Newcastle to Auckland a go as well. Seeing that VA are not coming back on the Tasman for a while.

https://i.stuff.co.nz/travel/news/30027 ... queensland

SCFlyer

Wed Apr 07, 2021 4:57 am

I do wonder if QF or JQ (likely the latter) are looking at eyeing AKL-MCY at some point considering MCY and CNS are similar markets.

zkojq

Wed Apr 07, 2021 6:46 am

NZ801 wrote:
Virgin will not be flying until September/October according to the NZ PM.

Eh?

DavidByrne

Wed Apr 07, 2021 7:01 am

NZ516 wrote:
Qantas will be starting Auckland to Cairns as well presume this will be with 737s. A bit of competition on this route for Air NZ now. Wonder if Jetstar could give Newcastle to Auckland a go as well. Seeing that VA are not coming back on the Tasman for a while.

https://i.stuff.co.nz/travel/news/30027 ... queensland

Surprises me. A few years JQ operated the route and it would seem a far more “natural” route for them rather than QF. Interesting decision.

aerorobnz

Wed Apr 07, 2021 7:22 am

QF is taking a calculated risk with CNS or indeed OOL, as previously they only served main trunk routes and business routes. This time they know that the money is not immediately in the business game, but the leisure market. Ultimately, however, CNS is easily integrated into their mainline domestic network. It is easy to fly an aircraft rotation something along the likes of AKL-CNS-BNE-AKL-BNE-CNS-AKL or AKL-CNS-SYD. I think MCY is not as simple to operate, as the SYD-MCY is a 717. I think they may try if the other two pay off. Last time QF served CNS was with a 743, in the days they also served HNL-AKL-CNS iirc.

I think you will find ex Australia loads ex main centres and ex NZ loads for the tropics and holiday markets will be the initial peaks before it matures into something more akin to a long term market demand once the window remains open for a while. It is entirely possible that some routes will not stay long beyond the initial surge, not because they aren't doing well, but because like the domestic market has already, the demand won't remain focussed on Australia forever as the world returns online. HBA is subsidised by the Tasmanian govt, but I am not so certain this will be true of the other routes long-term. Finally, something interesting to talk about in Aviation. Good times! May it be the first of many South Pacific and trade links in Asia.

zkncj

Wed Apr 07, 2021 7:48 am

aerorobnz wrote:
QF is taking a calculated risk with CNS or indeed OOL, as previously they only served main trunk routes and business routes. This time they know that the money is not immediately in the business game, but the leisure market. Ultimately, however, CNS is easily integrated into their mainline domestic network. It is easy to fly an aircraft rotation something along the likes of AKL-CNS-BNE-AKL-BNE-CNS-AKL or AKL-CNS-SYD. I think MCY is not as simple to operate, as the SYD-MCY is a 717. I think they may try if the other two pay off. Last time QF served CNS was with a 743, in the days they also served HNL-AKL-CNS iirc.

Looking at AKL in mid May with QF there isn't make 738 allocation to play with, AKL is becoming the new QF A330 Hub with approximately 8x A330 services per day.
By the looks of the timing some of the A330s will spend the Night in Auckland, so assuming it will be New Zealand based cabin crew.

AKL-SYD - 3x daily A330
AKL-BNE - 2x daily A330
AKL-OOL - 1x daily 738
AKL-MEL - 3x daily A330
CHC-SYD - 1x daily A330
CHC-BNE - 1x daily 738
CHC-MEL - 3x weekly 738

NZ516

Wed Apr 07, 2021 5:40 pm

aerorobnz wrote:

I think you will find ex Australia loads ex main centres and ex NZ loads for the tropics and holiday markets will be the initial peaks before it matures into something more akin to a long term market demand once the window remains open for a while. It is entirely possible that some routes will not stay long beyond the initial surge, not because they aren't doing well, but because like the domestic market has already, the demand won't remain focussed on Australia forever as the world returns online. HBA is subsidised by the Tasmanian govt, but I am not so certain this will be true of the other routes long-term. Finally, something interesting to talk about in Aviation. Good times! May it be the first of many South Pacific and trade links in Asia.

Back in 2005 Qantas did a daily 767 from Cairns to Tokyo. Long after the 747s left the airport. Along with many Australian airlines 767 Asian flights. I surprised that they not deploy Jetstar on the route like before which I think ran for two years before it got cut.

NZ516

Wed Apr 07, 2021 5:48 pm

zkncj wrote:

Looking at AKL in mid May with QF there isn't make 738 allocation to play with, AKL is becoming the new QF A330 Hub with approximately 8x A330 services per day.
By the looks of the timing some of the A330s will spend the Night in Auckland, so assuming it will be New Zealand based cabin crew.

AKL-SYD - 3x daily A330
AKL-BNE - 2x daily A330
AKL-OOL - 1x daily 738
AKL-MEL - 3x daily A330
CHC-SYD - 1x daily A330
CHC-BNE - 1x daily 738
CHC-MEL - 3x weekly 738

That is interesting to see a daily A330 on SYD to CHC. There is a lot of cargo they take wonder if they will still run the 767F as well.
Another route we not discuss is Perth to CHC that Air NZ did with a 787. They should bring it back for the winter ski season again at two flights per week.

mrkerr7474

Wed Apr 07, 2021 7:40 pm

zkncj wrote:
aerorobnz wrote:

AKL-SYD - 3x daily A330
AKL-BNE - 2x daily A330
AKL-OOL - 1x daily 738
AKL-MEL - 3x daily A330
CHC-SYD - 1x daily A330
CHC-BNE - 1x daily 738
CHC-MEL - 3x weekly 738

From what I have seen, QF are also bringing back the daily flights

WLG-SYD - x1 daily 738
WLG-MEL - x1 daily 738

NZ6

Wed Apr 07, 2021 9:02 pm

NZ516 wrote:
Another route we not discuss is Perth to CHC that Air NZ did with a 787. They should bring it back for the winter ski season again at two flights per week.

There's a heap of Kiwis in WA and for the Aussies NZ is a place of interest to many without doubt. So PER-CHC is a viable one.

I would question how many Western Australians are "snow bunnies" and would travel for the Ski Season? Perhaps you mean travel over the winter months to enjoy the "ice capped Southern Alps"- that logic is sound but often isn't followed through in bookings - hence winter being "low season" for those general FIT travelers who aren't event specific (Ski/Snowboarding etc).

I don't expect but more reopening prior to our Summer peak season this year so this could be a strong option as we head out of winter in the warmer months especially over the Nov-Feb months.

Re above - with some luck there'll be a lot more development in the science behind being vaccinated which could allow more movement with vaccine passports, safe zones etc.

NZ6

Wed Apr 07, 2021 9:28 pm

Okay, I'm just going to pull the plaster off and say it.

The traffic light system; it's easy, it's logical and it's along the lines of what many have been saying for a while now. What was so hard about this?

I think it's reasonable for us all to expect a few pauses, hopefully no suspensions although I wouldn't be entirely surprised if that lever was pulled at least once. But with the border leaks on both sides being minimized with vaccinations and continued MIQ improvements, fingers crossed it doesn't happen and the "risk" will only continue to reduce in the coming months with more vaccinations being administered.

There's been very strong demand which was expected. All in all it's very refreshing.

ZK-NBT

Wed Apr 07, 2021 11:12 pm

NZ516 wrote:
zkncj wrote:

AKL-SYD - 3x daily A330
AKL-BNE - 2x daily A330
AKL-OOL - 1x daily 738
AKL-MEL - 3x daily A330
CHC-SYD - 1x daily A330
CHC-BNE - 1x daily 738
CHC-MEL - 3x weekly 738

That is interesting to see a daily A330 on SYD to CHC. There is a lot of cargo they take wonder if they will still run the 767F as well.

Remember QF had a codeshare on the EK A380 pre COVID.

DavidByrne

Thu Apr 08, 2021 1:22 am

ZK-NBT wrote:
NZ516 wrote:
zkncj wrote:

AKL-SYD - 3x daily A330
AKL-BNE - 2x daily A330
AKL-OOL - 1x daily 738
AKL-MEL - 3x daily A330
CHC-SYD - 1x daily A330
CHC-BNE - 1x daily 738
CHC-MEL - 3x weekly 738

Remember QF had a codeshare on the EK A380 pre COVID.

Didn’t I read somewhere that EK is bringing back the A380 on SYD-CHC? Not sure what date, though - perhaps the QF A330 will revert to a 738 when that occurs?

Kiwiandrew

Thu Apr 08, 2021 1:58 am

DavidByrne wrote:
Didn’t I read somewhere that EK is bringing back the A380 on SYD-CHC? Not sure what date, though - perhaps the QF A330 will revert to a 738 when that occurs?

Since the flight would include "red" passengers ( i.e. they haven't spent the previous 14 days in Oz) I don't think EK will be able to use their 5th freedom rights. Any passengers boarding in Oz would have to quarantine on arrival in NZ, wouldn't they ?

ABpositive

Thu Apr 08, 2021 2:20 am

Kiwiandrew wrote:
DavidByrne wrote:

Since the flight would include "red" passengers ( i.e. they haven't spent the previous 14 days in Oz) I don't think EK will be able to use their 5th freedom rights. Any passengers boarding in Oz would have to quarantine on arrival in NZ, wouldn't they ?

And you would need a "clean" crew as well for that leg as well.

zkojq

Thu Apr 08, 2021 2:34 am

Dr Bloomfield was fairly scathing in the press conference today. Suggests there's a huge amount of inflight transmission on EK flights from UAE to here. It certainly seems to rubbish the IATA claims that the chance of inflight transmission is infinitesimal (which I think most of us saw through anyway).

ZK-NBT

Thu Apr 08, 2021 2:42 am

ABpositive wrote:
Kiwiandrew wrote:
DavidByrne wrote:

And you would need a "clean" crew as well for that leg as well.

Loaded from October 31st, or atleast planned from then. We will see what the world looks like then and if it becomes a reality.

NZ6

Thu Apr 08, 2021 2:57 am

zkojq wrote:
Dr Bloomfield was fairly scathing in the press conference today. Suggests there's a huge amount of inflight transmission on EK flights from UAE to here. It certainly seems to rubbish the IATA claims that the chance of inflight transmission is infinitesimal (which I think most of us saw through anyway).

It'd be interesting to know if this is airborne transmission or something else, like touching toilet doors, air-bridge hand rails or any number of other common surfaces.

They're obviously being linked via genome sequencing but where is it happening in the journey.

ZaphodHarkonnen

Thu Apr 08, 2021 2:59 am

NZ6 wrote:
zkojq wrote:

It'd be interesting to know if this is airborne transmission or something else, like touching toilet doors, air-bridge hand rails or any number of other common surfaces.

They're obviously being linked via genome sequencing but where is it happening in the journey.

My understanding of the evidence is that very little of the COVID transmission that happens is via surfaces. The whole cleaning things is largely now theatre to make punters feel better. The primary method of transmission is aerosol. A pressurized tube is a perfect environment for such things.

zkncj

Thu Apr 08, 2021 3:13 am

zkojq wrote:

https://www.stuff.co.nz/national/health/coronavirus/300272274/covid19-temporary-ban-on-arrivals-from-india-to-curb-case-numbers-in-miq

Following this afternoons press conference, anyone who has been in India in the past 14 days will no longer be allowed into New Zealand at all.

With another 23 cases in MIQ today, some high risk countries need reviewing if we should even be allowing people into MIQ.

NZ516

Thu Apr 08, 2021 7:32 am

Press release from Air NZ business travel doing well plus domestic traffic back to 90% of pre covid size.

https://www.airnewzealand.co.nz/press-r ... rd-numbers

MillwallSean

Thu Apr 08, 2021 7:33 am

The decision to ban India and hopefully some of its neighbouring countries was well overdue.

Since in other countries its been noticed that a high number of Covid tests originating out of India are fake I hope they start demanding tests from only a handful recognised clinics and that these need to upload the results. Present system isnt working and has allowed sick individuals to board, spread he virus and then cost NZ taxpayers a lot upon arrival.

Until such a system is in place its my hope that India remains closed and that pax originating there wont be allow to go to New Zealand.

This opening with Australia cant come a day to early. For my own sake I hope we will open up with Singapore as well. It would make my life so much better. But, dreams. The demand to Australia seems strong, among my mates, almost everyone has already booked at least one holiday and now the talk is about exploring more remote Aussie. From Broome to Darwin etc.tll be a success. Lets see if the Aussies can come and save some of Queenstowns tourism industry as well. Would help alot.

zkncj

Thu Apr 08, 2021 7:50 am

NZ516 wrote:
Press release from Air NZ business travel doing well plus domestic traffic back to 90% of pre covid size.

Good to see, just how fast can they bring crew and aircraft back online as demand grows so fast?

I’ve seen extra flights been added on the Tasman already since Thursday, so forward bookings must be encouraging.

Wonder if the 3x 77W stored in AKL have hope of being used this 2021/22 Summer Season.

zkojq

Thu Apr 08, 2021 8:00 am

ZaphodHarkonnen wrote:
NZ6 wrote:
zkojq wrote:

My understanding of the evidence is that very little of the COVID transmission that happens is via surfaces. The whole cleaning things is largely now theatre to make punters feel better. The primary method of transmission is aerosol. A pressurized tube is a perfect environment for such things.

It's just a matter of proximity imo. When you're crammed ten wide into a 77W with sixteen inch seat width, there's no amount of HEPA filters or face masks that are going to stop all of viral matter from the lad/lass next to you. At least some of it will be getting breathed in at some point and sixteen hours (plus the stopover in KUL/BNE) is lots of chance to be exposed.

Would be interesting to know the statistics for how many EK/QR cabin crew are getting infected, in particular on flights from India. Not that I would expect either airline, nor their respective governments, to be transparent on such matters.

ZK-NBT

Thu Apr 08, 2021 8:07 am

zkncj wrote:
NZ516 wrote:

Good to see, just how fast can they bring crew and aircraft back online as demand grows so fast?

I’ve seen extra flights been added on the Tasman already since Thursday, so forward bookings must be encouraging.

Wonder if the 3x 77W stored in AKL have hope of being used this 2021/22 Summer Season.

I wouldn’t have thought the 77W would be brought back until all the 789s are used, even then they would want the 77W for LAX I’d have thought when the time is right but not before.

However they do have enough tech crew to crew a daily long haul for the 77W I think it was so I surprise if they didn’t have enough 787 crew trained then bringing the 77W back a bit earlier is possible but I can’t see it myself.

Zkpilot

Thu Apr 08, 2021 10:12 am

Glad they’ve placed a ban on India (albeit temporarily). Far too dangerous with most current active cases coming from Indian passengers.

NZ516

Fri Apr 09, 2021 12:14 am

More money for Air NZ another $600m. Hopefully the company will be back to profitability soon with help from Tasman flights.

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/air ... D4QCOP3A4/

NZ516

Fri Apr 09, 2021 12:17 am

On here there is a good comparison of the variety of fares available on the Tasman. Good research by Newshub.

https://www.newshub.co.nz/home/travel/2 ... ralia.html

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos