Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

 
User avatar
janders
Moderator
Topic Author
Posts: 1187
Joined: Mon Dec 11, 2017 4:27 pm

Indian Aviation Thread - Q2 2021

Thu Apr 01, 2021 2:53 pm

Welcome to Indian Aviation Thread for Q2 2021.

Link to previous thread:
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1456043

Please stay focused on the topic and refrain from personal attacks.
"We make war that we may live in peace." -- Aristotle
 
User avatar
trinidadeG
Posts: 319
Joined: Tue Jun 30, 2009 7:43 am

Re: Indian Aviation Thread - Q2 2021

Thu Apr 01, 2021 3:26 pm

Interups to acquire 49 pc stake in Trujet

Hyderabad-based Megha Engineering and Infrastructure Ltd (MEIL) will offload 49 per cent stake in Turbo Megha Airways, which operates regional carrier Trujet, to US-based Interups Inc.
MEIL did not disclose details about the proposed deal while its Group Director K V Pradeep told PTI that the transaction would be completed "very soon".

Turbo Megha Airways holds a flying permit and operates Trujet.

Trujet has received 49 per cent Foreign Direct Investment (FDI) from New York-based Interups Inc and the funds will help the airline to expand its services, according to a release on Thursday.

https://www.outlookindia.com/newsscroll ... et/2057222
 
sand26391
Posts: 704
Joined: Sun Mar 30, 2014 11:47 am

Re: Indian Aviation Thread - Q2 2021

Thu Apr 01, 2021 4:26 pm

Hearing rumours that UPS Cargo will operate Flights to BLR. Possibly by July or Aug 2021.
The Airport recently opened a 200,000 MT per annum express cargo terminal.

FlyMe is also proposed to start ATR flights between BLR & Maamilgiili, Maldives from Mid April.
 
FligtReporter
Posts: 508
Joined: Thu Sep 15, 2016 3:03 am

Re: Indian Aviation Thread - Q2 2021

Fri Apr 02, 2021 1:36 pm

sand26391 wrote:
Hearing rumours that UPS Cargo will operate Flights to BLR. Possibly by July or Aug 2021.
The Airport recently opened a 200,000 MT per annum express cargo terminal.

FlyMe is also proposed to start ATR flights between BLR & Maamilgiili, Maldives from Mid April.


If the rumor about FlyMe starting ATR international flights to BLR is true then as the biggest ATR fan I will pay whatever it takes to get on that flight !

Do lemme know if you hear anything coming true related to this news...I can't wait to experience my first ever ATR international flight !
 
sand26391
Posts: 704
Joined: Sun Mar 30, 2014 11:47 am

Re: Indian Aviation Thread - Q2 2021

Fri Apr 02, 2021 2:12 pm

Its not a rumour actually, bookings will open in 1st week of April and Flights begin mid April someone told me. Once I get some update on this, will post it here.
 
VTORD
Posts: 761
Joined: Sat Dec 22, 2012 9:45 pm

Re: Indian Aviation Thread - Q2 2021

Fri Apr 02, 2021 5:40 pm

sand26391 wrote:
Hearing rumours that UPS Cargo will operate Flights to BLR. Possibly by July or Aug 2021.
The Airport recently opened a 200,000 MT per annum express cargo terminal.

From SDF? or from somewhere in Europe most likely?
 
sand26391
Posts: 704
Joined: Sun Mar 30, 2014 11:47 am

Re: Indian Aviation Thread - Q2 2021

Fri Apr 02, 2021 8:37 pm

^^ i don't have the details. But from what I guess, maybe it will come in his SEAsia/GCC or via an Indian airport to Cologne I think. But this is just a rumour.as of now

Image
 
FligtReporter
Posts: 508
Joined: Thu Sep 15, 2016 3:03 am

Re: Indian Aviation Thread - Q2 2021

Sat Apr 03, 2021 2:52 pm

sand26391 wrote:
Its not a rumour actually, bookings will open in 1st week of April and Flights begin mid April someone told me. Once I get some update on this, will post it here.


Thanks...though with current Corona restrictions being reinstated in Rajasthan and Gujrat as well...I just hope I don't have any restrictions to take this flight...Cause between me and this flight the only problem is Corona restrictions...I hope I could make it !
 
FligtReporter
Posts: 508
Joined: Thu Sep 15, 2016 3:03 am

Re: Indian Aviation Thread - Q2 2021

Sat Apr 03, 2021 3:23 pm

Hey Everyone,So recently I flew on the very new route from my homebase to GOP which was also my very first time flying to this town of my state.

Actually the main reason for me to fly this route was because it was operated by an ATR aircraft as a hard-core ATR lover I never miss an opportunity to take an ATR flight especially if it's from my own homebase.It was a good 40 Minutes flight but I have to mention some really strange yet exciting incidents about flying into and from GOP Civil enclave.

1.There is no shuttle to take pax from the tiny Civil tarmac in the defense Aerodrome to the Terminal and we have to walk our way into or from the terminal and Run in case its raining.

2.They still use those cute hand bag tags, Remember ? Sadly I had not saved any when they were widely used so this time I got two Air India baggage tags and I have saved it in my aviation memorabilia trunk.

3.The GOP airport officials are all corrupt,at least the ones I met were,

Here is the story about one incident..so the Alliance air Check in Agent straight away asked me for 186 Rupees for the lack of Web Check in..though In Lucknow they didn't because they knew the web check in wasn't available on this flight and I tried hundreds of times and to be safe had even recorded the screen and taken screenshots of the error as well.

That man's karma was about to slap him real good for his bribery days ended right then and there as I showed him my evidences and even asked him to contact the airline..probably he had never faced a well travelled passenger standing up against his foul behavior and well aware of his rights...when he saw my ID and noticed I'm not a local but from LKO ...he finally gave in and apologized asking me not to complain but I couldn't let this venal carry on with such disgusting behaviour and I complained to the security at the airport and also contacted the Air India team and complained against him there too.Had I not complained against him he would have charged innocent people their hard earned money for his insatiable lust for money.

Overall it was a great experience and stay in GOP...I will be uploading the 4K Flight Reports of this trip very soon and you can check out the report link in the Trip Report section of these forums by the end of this month !

Take care fellas !
 
User avatar
HAWK21M
Posts: 30120
Joined: Fri Jan 05, 2001 10:05 pm

Re: Indian Aviation Thread - Q2 2021

Sat Apr 03, 2021 6:20 pm

FligtReporter wrote:
Had I not complained against him he would have charged innocent people their hard earned money for his insatiable lust for money.


Good Move....High time corruption does not get a second chance by an apology.
I may not win often, but I damn well never lose!!! ;)
 
FligtReporter
Posts: 508
Joined: Thu Sep 15, 2016 3:03 am

Re: Indian Aviation Thread - Q2 2021

Sun Apr 04, 2021 11:58 am

HAWK21M wrote:
FligtReporter wrote:
Had I not complained against him he would have charged innocent people their hard earned money for his insatiable lust for money.


Good Move....High time corruption does not get a second chance by an apology.


True..We all must stand up against such people !
 
User avatar
trinidadeG
Posts: 319
Joined: Tue Jun 30, 2009 7:43 am

Re: Indian Aviation Thread - Q2 2021

Tue Apr 06, 2021 9:19 am

trinidadeG wrote:
Interups to acquire 49 pc stake in Trujet

Hyderabad-based Megha Engineering and Infrastructure Ltd (MEIL) will offload 49 per cent stake in Turbo Megha Airways, which operates regional carrier Trujet, to US-based Interups Inc.
MEIL did not disclose details about the proposed deal while its Group Director K V Pradeep told PTI that the transaction would be completed "very soon".

Turbo Megha Airways holds a flying permit and operates Trujet.

Trujet has received 49 per cent Foreign Direct Investment (FDI) from New York-based Interups Inc and the funds will help the airline to expand its services, according to a release on Thursday.

https://www.outlookindia.com/newsscroll ... et/2057222

Interups plans to expand Trujet’s fleet to over 100 aircraft using Airbus A220s and Embraer E190s.

https://www.moneycontrol.com/news/busin ... 30191.html
 
hohd
Posts: 990
Joined: Sat May 17, 2008 1:03 am

Re: Indian Aviation Thread - Q2 2021

Tue Apr 06, 2021 2:13 pm

Talking of corruption and scams, there is another possibly going on. One of my friends recently travelled to HYD on EK from US and was asked to give a saliva sample for Covid test, they collected Rs. 1250, but he never got the results or any other details from this alleged test. Are they even doing the test, why does it cost so much ? Could be some friendly arrangement between the airport and the local government to raise funds.
 
FligtReporter
Posts: 508
Joined: Thu Sep 15, 2016 3:03 am

Re: Indian Aviation Thread - Q2 2021

Tue Apr 06, 2021 2:41 pm

hohd wrote:
Talking of corruption and scams, there is another possibly going on. One of my friends recently travelled to HYD on EK from US and was asked to give a saliva sample for Covid test, they collected Rs. 1250, but he never got the results or any other details from this alleged test. Are they even doing the test, why does it cost so much ? Could be some friendly arrangement between the airport and the local government to raise funds.


That's absurd...had I been in that place I would have created a Maury or Jerry springer scene out there and I know it may be annoying to some people but none of these uniformed robbers are stealing my money...Nopes Not today, not tomorrow not ever !! At GOP I did exactly the same and I hope that Alliance Air Check in Agent lost his job cause he wasn't the best person for the job anyways !

I think pax themselves feel it's easy to just let all the so called "Formalities" to get done with and they pay whatever these Airport robbers ask them for without even looking around or doing research about it...to save time...but its high time we realize it's not about saving time but about saving ourselves and most importantly our country of this disease of corruption and bribe culture !

I am not paying a single penny If it's not mentioned in the rules or regulations and if it is I would demand a document where its mentioned and then cross check it online if the info given is true or not and only after that I shall make the payment.I wonder how many innocent people have lost so much of their money in the hands of these disgusting uniformed robbers.
 
FligtReporter
Posts: 508
Joined: Thu Sep 15, 2016 3:03 am

Re: Indian Aviation Thread - Q2 2021

Tue Apr 06, 2021 4:44 pm

trinidadeG wrote:
trinidadeG wrote:
Interups to acquire 49 pc stake in Trujet

Hyderabad-based Megha Engineering and Infrastructure Ltd (MEIL) will offload 49 per cent stake in Turbo Megha Airways, which operates regional carrier Trujet, to US-based Interups Inc.
MEIL did not disclose details about the proposed deal while its Group Director K V Pradeep told PTI that the transaction would be completed "very soon".

Turbo Megha Airways holds a flying permit and operates Trujet.

Trujet has received 49 per cent Foreign Direct Investment (FDI) from New York-based Interups Inc and the funds will help the airline to expand its services, according to a release on Thursday.

https://www.outlookindia.com/newsscroll ... et/2057222

Interups plans to expand Trujet’s fleet to over 100 aircraft using Airbus A220s and Embraer E190s.

https://www.moneycontrol.com/news/busin ... 30191.html


I'm very disappointed that they didn't choose the ATR 72-600 the most fuel efficient and amazing Pax regional aircraft in the skies given they currently have the ATR fleet...Well I see they will be incurring huge loses with this poor choice of Aircrafts..E190s and 220s would be the final nail in their going broke soon...they will rue the day they signed for these aircrafts !

I hope they change their mind and go with the ATRs if they won't then I see them ending up like Jet or Kingfisher !
 
User avatar
trinidadeG
Posts: 319
Joined: Tue Jun 30, 2009 7:43 am

Re: Indian Aviation Thread - Q2 2021

Wed Apr 07, 2021 5:47 am

FligtReporter wrote:
trinidadeG wrote:
Interups plans to expand Trujet’s fleet to over 100 aircraft using Airbus A220s and Embraer E190s.

https://www.moneycontrol.com/news/busin ... 30191.html


I'm very disappointed that they didn't choose the ATR 72-600 the most fuel efficient and amazing Pax regional aircraft in the skies given they currently have the ATR fleet...Well I see they will be incurring huge loses with this poor choice of Aircrafts..E190s and 220s would be the final nail in their going broke soon...they will rue the day they signed for these aircrafts !

I hope they change their mind and go with the ATRs if they won't then I see them ending up like Jet or Kingfisher !


Prasad mentions taking the fleet to 21 'almost immediately'. Makes me think that they're seriously looking at Regional International routes from Tier II cities, for which the A220 is a good fit.

The expansion in its fleet will be visible later this year, says Prasad. “Airbus and Embraer have already identified some aircraft. And with the addition of these, it will take us to 21 almost immediately,” he said.
 
FligtReporter
Posts: 508
Joined: Thu Sep 15, 2016 3:03 am

Re: Indian Aviation Thread - Q2 2021

Wed Apr 07, 2021 6:24 am

trinidadeG wrote:
FligtReporter wrote:
trinidadeG wrote:
Interups plans to expand Trujet’s fleet to over 100 aircraft using Airbus A220s and Embraer E190s.

https://www.moneycontrol.com/news/busin ... 30191.html


I'm very disappointed that they didn't choose the ATR 72-600 the most fuel efficient and amazing Pax regional aircraft in the skies given they currently have the ATR fleet...Well I see they will be incurring huge loses with this poor choice of Aircrafts..E190s and 220s would be the final nail in their going broke soon...they will rue the day they signed for these aircrafts !

I hope they change their mind and go with the ATRs if they won't then I see them ending up like Jet or Kingfisher !


Prasad mentions taking the fleet to 21 'almost immediately'. Makes me think that they're seriously looking at Regional International routes from Tier II cities, for which the A220 is a good fit.

The expansion in its fleet will be visible later this year, says Prasad. “Airbus and Embraer have already identified some aircraft. And with the addition of these, it will take us to 21 almost immediately,” he said.


Yeah that is sensible to think...They can fly to Nepal,Bangkok,Maldives,Sri Lanka,Afghanistan,Dubai etc
 
unnayan
Posts: 224
Joined: Sat Feb 02, 2013 10:57 pm

Re: Indian Aviation Thread - Q2 2021

Thu Apr 08, 2021 1:43 pm

Idiots in sky continue to wrack havoc

https://www.ndtv.com/india-news/man-ask ... =newsstand
 
FligtReporter
Posts: 508
Joined: Thu Sep 15, 2016 3:03 am

Re: Indian Aviation Thread - Q2 2021

Fri Apr 09, 2021 3:24 am

unnayan wrote:
Idiots in sky continue to wrack havoc

https://www.ndtv.com/india-news/man-ask ... =newsstand


I wonder who are these people and where do they come from ? these are the idiots for whom I believe , mid air kick window is mandatory somewhere near the landing gear compartment area...Just throw them out...would be better for our environment,Country and also the scavengers will be thankful for humans for once !

Or even better after landing kick such people in the ocean and let the fishes have a good meal for once.
 
RainerBoeing777
Posts: 592
Joined: Wed Jun 21, 2017 3:43 pm

Re: Indian Aviation Thread - Q2 2021

Fri Apr 09, 2021 5:18 am

Anyone know how many Boeing 787-9 Dreamliners will have Vistara by 2021? Apart from London Heathrow and Frankfurt, what other destinations do you have planned?
CX - JL - LH - KE - KL - SQ - QR - QF - TG - UA
 
sfojvjets
Posts: 88
Joined: Sun Dec 06, 2020 6:00 am

Re: Indian Aviation Thread - Q2 2021

Fri Apr 09, 2021 6:34 am

RainerBoeing777 wrote:
Anyone know how many Boeing 787-9 Dreamliners will have Vistara by 2021? Apart from London Heathrow and Frankfurt, what other destinations do you have planned?


I think they are looking at North America. They recently requested for their remaining 787s on order to be delivered with crew rest areas. The first 3 were delivered without them. This would be a logical explanation for the request. Plus, they have said that they have a goal to eventually expand into the US... I wonder which cities they have in mind.
 
VTORD
Posts: 761
Joined: Sat Dec 22, 2012 9:45 pm

Re: Indian Aviation Thread - Q2 2021

Fri Apr 09, 2021 2:36 pm

sfojvjets wrote:
RainerBoeing777 wrote:
Anyone know how many Boeing 787-9 Dreamliners will have Vistara by 2021? Apart from London Heathrow and Frankfurt, what other destinations do you have planned?


I think they are looking at North America. They recently requested for their remaining 787s on order to be delivered with crew rest areas. The first 3 were delivered without them. This would be a logical explanation for the request. Plus, they have said that they have a goal to eventually expand into the US... I wonder which cities they have in mind.

Don't quote me on this but I believe 6 is the number. W.r.t routes, US makes the most sense and I think they will start with the usual suspects -EWR/JFK. But I hope they run at least 1 route from BOM. BOM-ORD perhaps? Also maybe look at OZ/NZ?
 
debonair
Posts: 4177
Joined: Sat Jan 03, 2004 10:50 pm

Re: Indian Aviation Thread - Q2 2021

Fri Apr 09, 2021 10:35 pm

Seems Spicejet is in some trouble:
DAE serves SpiceJet grounding notice on three leased aircraft


https://www.thehindubusinessline.com/ne ... 265821.ece
 
DTWLAX
Posts: 1179
Joined: Sun Aug 16, 2009 4:19 pm

Re: Indian Aviation Thread - Q2 2021

Sat Apr 10, 2021 1:49 am

sfojvjets wrote:
I wonder which cities they have in mind.

All Indian carriers have only one city in mind when they think of starting service to the US - New York!
 
airboss787
Posts: 289
Joined: Mon Apr 29, 2019 11:39 pm

Re: Indian Aviation Thread - Q2 2021

Sat Apr 10, 2021 7:40 am

DTWLAX wrote:
sfojvjets wrote:
I wonder which cities they have in mind.

All Indian carriers have only one city in mind when they think of starting service to the US - New York!


Now with JFK-DEL (AI), EWR-DEL (UA, AI) and EWR-BOM (AI, UA) and the potential for DL to relaunch JFK-BOM on the A350 which is a possibility, is there realistic scope for a 4th airline to NYC? At times they would be the 4th or 5th daily flight.

If Air India gets taken over by Tata, I see some rationalization between routes to help with yield and traffic flows. I can see Vistara operating most or all the US routes as flagship routes with 3 cabins and a product that can realistically fight UAs.
Star Alliance Gold
 
FligtReporter
Posts: 508
Joined: Thu Sep 15, 2016 3:03 am

Re: Indian Aviation Thread - Q2 2021

Sat Apr 10, 2021 2:20 pm

Finally after almost a year flights to my ancestral homeland Bundelkhand are bound to start from next month with Air India opening bookings today itself for Khajuraho !!

Have already booked my flights for my one week getaway in the upcoming Monsoon.

I'd also recommend all of you to visit my region of Bundelkhand and explore our rich history and culture and hidden gems like Khajuraho,Orchha,Ajaygarh,Chitrakoot etc...If you wanna experience the calm and serene atmosphere and untouched Natural beauty then my region has it all !
 
sand26391
Posts: 704
Joined: Sun Mar 30, 2014 11:47 am

Re: Indian Aviation Thread - Q2 2021

Sat Apr 10, 2021 5:45 pm

FligtReporter wrote:
sand26391 wrote:
Its not a rumour actually, bookings will open in 1st week of April and Flights begin mid April someone told me. Once I get some update on this, will post it here.


Thanks...though with current Corona restrictions being reinstated in Rajasthan and Gujrat as well...I just hope I don't have any restrictions to take this flight...Cause between me and this flight the only problem is Corona restrictions...I hope I could make it !



FlyMe route to BLR (ATR) is delayed to May (as of now, due to COVID further delays possible)
UPS Cargo(almost confirmed) is expected to launch BLR station by July, expecting some official update in a month or two.
 
DTWLAX
Posts: 1179
Joined: Sun Aug 16, 2009 4:19 pm

Re: Indian Aviation Thread - Q2 2021

Sun Apr 11, 2021 12:50 am

airboss787 wrote:
the potential for DL to relaunch JFK-BOM on the A350 which is a possibility

I do not think DL will relaunch JFK-BOM. If DL is unable to operate the route today under the travel bubble agreements when most of the European or ME3 are not permitted to carry passengers to India, I honestly cannot see how DL will relaunch when travel opens up again after the pandemic.
 
FligtReporter
Posts: 508
Joined: Thu Sep 15, 2016 3:03 am

Re: Indian Aviation Thread - Q2 2021

Sun Apr 11, 2021 2:00 am

sand26391 wrote:
FligtReporter wrote:
sand26391 wrote:
Its not a rumour actually, bookings will open in 1st week of April and Flights begin mid April someone told me. Once I get some update on this, will post it here.


Thanks...though with current Corona restrictions being reinstated in Rajasthan and Gujrat as well...I just hope I don't have any restrictions to take this flight...Cause between me and this flight the only problem is Corona restrictions...I hope I could make it !



FlyMe route to BLR (ATR) is delayed to May (as of now, due to COVID further delays possible)
UPS Cargo(almost confirmed) is expected to launch BLR station by July, expecting some official update in a month or two.



With my flights to Khajuraho already booked in July...I think I'd only be able to fly to MLE May be in the winter...I hope covod situation improves or I may have to cancel my plans for intl travel all together.
 
hohd
Posts: 990
Joined: Sat May 17, 2008 1:03 am

Re: Indian Aviation Thread - Q2 2021

Mon Apr 12, 2021 4:16 pm

DTWLAX wrote:
airboss787 wrote:
the potential for DL to relaunch JFK-BOM on the A350 which is a possibility

I do not think DL will relaunch JFK-BOM. If DL is unable to operate the route today under the travel bubble agreements when most of the European or ME3 are not permitted to carry passengers to India, I honestly cannot see how DL will relaunch when travel opens up again after the pandemic.


Yes, you may be right. Operating under a travel bubble arrangement would be ideal time to fly JFK-BOM route for DL, especially when BOM is underserved. If DL cannot operate now, I doubt they will be able to when normal travel resumes.

Also the COVID situation in India is deteriorating daily, this could put serious dent in travel to/from India, some travel had recovered but now they could go back to where it was last April/May/June 2020.
 
FligtReporter
Posts: 508
Joined: Thu Sep 15, 2016 3:03 am

Re: Indian Aviation Thread - Q2 2021

Thu Apr 15, 2021 5:45 am

Finally For the first time Air India is starting Scheduled flights between LKO - DXB - LKO with their 787-8s from May 2021 !!

Super excited to be seeing a wodebody after such a long time at my home base.

Also plz pray for Me and my family as I'm suffering from Flu !

Love you all !
 
sand26391
Posts: 704
Joined: Sun Mar 30, 2014 11:47 am

Re: Indian Aviation Thread - Q2 2021

Thu Apr 15, 2021 6:56 am

Sri Lankan airlines has opened booking under the air bubble agreement to DEL/MAA/BOM/BLR/TRZ/HYD to CMB from 02JUL21. More cities likely to be added probably soon.
 
TexasAirCorp
Posts: 18
Joined: Sat Mar 20, 2021 5:24 pm

Re: Indian Aviation Thread - Q2 2021

Fri Apr 16, 2021 7:31 pm

 
pune
Posts: 472
Joined: Tue Feb 12, 2019 9:18 am

Re: Indian Aviation Thread - Q2 2021

Sat Apr 17, 2021 6:40 am

Spicejet was gonna happen, sad to see that, hope some understanding happens.

In other news, saw this a while ago -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uvba4AH2gIc

The more the things change, the more they remain the same :(
 
dtw2hyd
Posts: 8921
Joined: Wed Jan 09, 2013 12:11 pm

Re: Indian Aviation Thread - Q2 2021

Sat Apr 17, 2021 12:47 pm

pune wrote:
...hope some understanding happens.


Unless the understanding is present day SpiceJet closes down and next gen gets AI.

Every news in India is carefully planted, its probably signal to SpiceJet employees to find job elsewhere.

Interrups withdrawal from AI bid and quick pickup of TruJet also seems to be part of big picture.
All posts are just opinions.
 
hohd
Posts: 990
Joined: Sat May 17, 2008 1:03 am

Re: Indian Aviation Thread - Q2 2021

Mon Apr 19, 2021 4:12 pm

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/li ... india-trip

According to this article UK will add India to its travel Red list starting this Friday. This would severely impact air travel between India and UK and all these various airlines, SpiceJet, Vistara who have introduced (or will be doing so) new flights to UK, may not have any choice but to scale back or cancel their flights. Even BA, AI and Virgin will be affected.
 
hohd
Posts: 990
Joined: Sat May 17, 2008 1:03 am

Re: Indian Aviation Thread - Q2 2021

Mon Apr 26, 2021 2:06 pm

https://simpleflying.com/air-india-lower-price/

Air India Bid Deadline Extended As Government Expects Lower Price.

GoI may as well drop this bidding until airline market recovers. Perhaps next year. The second wave has been deadly.
 
hohd
Posts: 990
Joined: Sat May 17, 2008 1:03 am

Re: Indian Aviation Thread - Q2 2021

Thu Apr 29, 2021 2:28 pm

https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/bus ... 297240.cms

Air India (and may be United) atleast is making money during this short period. Hope the situation in India turns around. The question is will US ban non-US Citizens and non-permanent residents from India, if things don't improve. If it does, that could hurt all carriers including the connecting carriers, big time.
 
DTWLAX
Posts: 1179
Joined: Sun Aug 16, 2009 4:19 pm

Re: Indian Aviation Thread - Q2 2021

Sat May 01, 2021 1:10 am

hohd wrote:
https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/business/india-business/air-india-us-nonstop-frequency-to-be-back-to-pre-covid-level-soon/articleshow/82297240.cms

Air India (and may be United) atleast is making money during this short period. Hope the situation in India turns around. The question is will US ban non-US Citizens and non-permanent residents from India, if things don't improve. If it does, that could hurt all carriers including the connecting carriers, big time.

Air India's plans of making money by reintroducing pre-pandemic level flights to the US have gone up in smoke.
Your question has been answered by Biden.
https://www.cnn.com/2021/04/30/politics ... index.html
https://www.reuters.com/world/us/exclus ... 021-04-30/
 
User avatar
trinidadeG
Posts: 319
Joined: Tue Jun 30, 2009 7:43 am

Re: Indian Aviation Thread - Q2 2021

Sun May 02, 2021 3:12 am

Vistara plans to fly to the US in September.

Vistara, the Tata-Singapore Airlines joint venture, has filed for permissions with the United States Department of Transportation (DOT) to fly to that country starting September this year. Vistara would join a long list of carriers that have in recent years grown by routes served between the two countries. While currently airlines are barred from carrying traffic via hubs, this is not a permanent arrangement. Yet, the pandemic could see people opt for non-stops over a transfer at hubs to ensure that one does not come in contact with more people while connecting flights.


https://www.moneycontrol.com/news/busin ... 32001.html
 
hohd
Posts: 990
Joined: Sat May 17, 2008 1:03 am

Re: Indian Aviation Thread - Q2 2021

Wed May 05, 2021 1:56 pm

DTWLAX wrote:
hohd wrote:
https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/business/india-business/air-india-us-nonstop-frequency-to-be-back-to-pre-covid-level-soon/articleshow/82297240.cms

Air India (and may be United) atleast is making money during this short period. Hope the situation in India turns around. The question is will US ban non-US Citizens and non-permanent residents from India, if things don't improve. If it does, that could hurt all carriers including the connecting carriers.

Air India's plans of making money by reintroducing pre-pandemic level flights to the US have gone up in smoke.
Your question has been answered by Biden.
https://www.cnn.com/2021/04/30/politics ... index.html
https://www.reuters.com/world/us/exclus ... 021-04-30/


The US ban has so many exceptions, only a smaller percentage of the passengers in the US-India routes are affected. However the traffic will go down anyway as many are not travelling to India unless absolutely necessary and those in India, who are not affected by the restriction or trying to claim National Interest Exception are leaving to go back to US.

Air India has already announced flight cancellations on the US routes. I don't know about United's schedule.
 
airboss787
Posts: 289
Joined: Mon Apr 29, 2019 11:39 pm

Re: Indian Aviation Thread - Q2 2021

Wed May 05, 2021 7:13 pm

hohd wrote:
DTWLAX wrote:
hohd wrote:
https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/business/india-business/air-india-us-nonstop-frequency-to-be-back-to-pre-covid-level-soon/articleshow/82297240.cms

Air India (and may be United) atleast is making money during this short period. Hope the situation in India turns around. The question is will US ban non-US Citizens and non-permanent residents from India, if things don't improve. If it does, that could hurt all carriers including the connecting carriers.

Air India's plans of making money by reintroducing pre-pandemic level flights to the US have gone up in smoke.
Your question has been answered by Biden.
https://www.cnn.com/2021/04/30/politics ... index.html
https://www.reuters.com/world/us/exclus ... 021-04-30/


The US ban has so many exceptions, only a smaller percentage of the passengers in the US-India routes are affected. However the traffic will go down anyway as many are not travelling to India unless absolutely necessary and those in India, who are not affected by the restriction or trying to claim National Interest Exception are leaving to go back to US.

Air India has already announced flight cancellations on the US routes. I don't know about United's schedule.


United has already upgauged their ORD-DEL-ORD flight to a 77W at least temporarily. Not sure if any suspensions are on the way. They seem to be carrying a substantial amount of cargo on these flights, so won’t be surprised if they don’t make any changes or just minor ones.
Star Alliance Gold
 
DTWLAX
Posts: 1179
Joined: Sun Aug 16, 2009 4:19 pm

Re: Indian Aviation Thread - Q2 2021

Sat May 08, 2021 1:40 am

UA to temporarily stop flying ORD-DEL on May 31. Tentatively scheduled to restart sometime in July.
SFO-BLR launch pushed back from May 27 to August 1.
https://www.yahoo.com/finance/news/unit ... 12798.html

Given the situation in India, I do not see UA starting SFO-BLR on August 1. I am predicting it will be further pushed out to later in the year.
 
142857
Posts: 24
Joined: Sun Jan 26, 2020 12:39 pm

Re: Indian Aviation Thread - Q2 2021

Sat May 08, 2021 6:40 pm

I think they have temporarily upgauged their EWR-BOM-EWR also to a 77W

.............................................................................................................................

airboss787 wrote:
hohd wrote:
DTWLAX wrote:
Air India's plans of making money by reintroducing pre-pandemic level flights to the US have gone up in smoke.
Your question has been answered by Biden.
https://www.cnn.com/2021/04/30/politics ... index.html
https://www.reuters.com/world/us/exclus ... 021-04-30/


The US ban has so many exceptions, only a smaller percentage of the passengers in the US-India routes are affected. However the traffic will go down anyway as many are not travelling to India unless absolutely necessary and those in India, who are not affected by the restriction or trying to claim National Interest Exception are leaving to go back to US.

Air India has already announced flight cancellations on the US routes. I don't know about United's schedule.


United has already upgauged their ORD-DEL-ORD flight to a 77W at least temporarily. Not sure if any suspensions are on the way. They seem to be carrying a substantial amount of cargo on these flights, so won’t be surprised if they don’t make any changes or just minor ones.
 
airboss787
Posts: 289
Joined: Mon Apr 29, 2019 11:39 pm

Re: Indian Aviation Thread - Q2 2021

Sat May 08, 2021 7:41 pm

142857 wrote:
I think they have temporarily upgauged their EWR-BOM-EWR also to a 77W

.............................................................................................................................

airboss787 wrote:
hohd wrote:

The US ban has so many exceptions, only a smaller percentage of the passengers in the US-India routes are affected. However the traffic will go down anyway as many are not travelling to India unless absolutely necessary and those in India, who are not affected by the restriction or trying to claim National Interest Exception are leaving to go back to US.

Air India has already announced flight cancellations on the US routes. I don't know about United's schedule.


United has already upgauged their ORD-DEL-ORD flight to a 77W at least temporarily. Not sure if any suspensions are on the way. They seem to be carrying a substantial amount of cargo on these flights, so won’t be surprised if they don’t make any changes or just minor ones.


I guess the ORD-DEL-ORD was only temporarily upgauged to 77W. The BOM sector, however, has been on the 77W since 2018. It was the first to be upgauged among the India routes. The DEL one was actually upgauged only after COVID.

https://www.business-standard.com/artic ... 173_1.html
Star Alliance Gold
 
RoyalBrunei757
Posts: 52
Joined: Mon Apr 12, 2021 6:18 am

Re: Indian Aviation Thread - Q2 2021

Sun May 09, 2021 10:00 am

IndiGo accelerated A320ceo retirement since COVID19. From peak of 157, now it is down to 64. There seems to be no pattern which one they would retire next, they are retiring both factory fresh and pre-owned A320ceo. Given the current pandemic, do you guys think IndiGo will take delivery of all new aircraft they have on order?

A320neo - 122 delivered out of 342
A321neo - 41 delivered out of 161
A321LR and A321neoLR - 248 (none delivered yet)
ATR 72 - 25 delivered out of 50
 
avier
Posts: 1223
Joined: Tue Aug 07, 2018 12:38 pm

Re: Indian Aviation Thread - Q2 2021

Sun May 09, 2021 1:32 pm

RoyalBrunei757 wrote:
IndiGo accelerated A320ceo retirement since COVID19. From peak of 157, now it is down to 64. There seems to be no pattern which one they would retire next, they are retiring both factory fresh and pre-owned A320ceo. Given the current pandemic, do you guys think IndiGo will take delivery of all new aircraft they have on order?

A320neo - 122 delivered out of 342
A321neo - 41 delivered out of 161
A321LR and A321neoLR - 248 (none delivered yet)
ATR 72 - 25 delivered out of 50

In March '21 alone, they took delivery of 6 new A321neo (CFM leap variant). In April they took two. Their deliveries are still on, while they phase out the A320ceo fleet. However, the retirements of a/c is currently more than induction, because traffic is very much down. Interestingly, their net seat count for the overall fleet will be similar or even slightly more, since they adding the larger A321neo as replacements for the A320ceo.
 
zionite
Posts: 116
Joined: Wed Aug 03, 2016 6:18 pm

Re: Indian Aviation Thread - Q2 2021

Sun May 09, 2021 6:40 pm

avier wrote:
In March '21 alone, they took delivery of 6 new A321neo (CFM leap variant). In April they took two. Their deliveries are still on, while they phase out the A320ceo fleet. However, the retirements of a/c is currently more than induction, because traffic is very much down. Interestingly, their net seat count for the overall fleet will be similar or even slightly more, since they adding the larger A321neo as replacements for the A320ceo.


If you go by Indigo thread on A380 Boards and various spotter blogs, the only aircraft built but not delivered is MSN 10503 to be VT-ISU. No photos or MSN details of aircraft in manufacturing & testing stage. So other than MSN 10503, no more or very few deliveries in next couple of months.
 
edealinfo
Posts: 2762
Joined: Mon Jan 21, 2019 7:11 pm

Re: Indian Aviation Thread - Q2 2021

Mon May 10, 2021 12:05 am

RainerBoeing777 wrote:
Anyone know how many Boeing 787-9 Dreamliners will have Vistara by 2021? Apart from London Heathrow and Frankfurt, what other destinations do you have planned?


They have 6 firm orders and 4 options for a total of 10.

Two 787s have been delivered (VT-TSD and VT-TSE, Vistara #1 and #2 planes).
VT-TSH is in "production testing" (Vistara #3)
VT-TSN is in storage (Vistara #4).
Another is marked "parts arriving" (Vistara #5)
Two are in storage (Vistara #6 and #9)
Two are "production testing" (Vistara #7 and #8) .
One is "to be assembled".

I don't believe Vistara exercised its options so likely some of them still marked incorrectly as Vistara were ones originally made for Hainan Airlines, which didn't take delivery, were then offered to Vistara, but which Vistara didn't take.

If I had to take the first 5 to the bank, I would say just the ones marked Vistara #s 1 to #5 above.

I do not know how many planes they will take in 2021. Their original order called for 6 Boeing 787-9 aircraft to be scheduled to be delivered between 2020 and 2021. Obviously, COVID may change that.

If Vistara flies to the US, it would depart from New Delhi and would make most sense to land in a UNITED hub so that would be Newark, San Francisco (unlikely), or Chicago (unlikely). Newark would be #1 but I wouldn't rule out JFK IF United and Vistara jointly agree that would give their fliers more options under their code share partnership. Having said that, I am unclear if United will play ball if they feel Vistara will siphon business from them.
 
airboss787
Posts: 289
Joined: Mon Apr 29, 2019 11:39 pm

Re: Indian Aviation Thread - Q2 2021

Mon May 10, 2021 12:04 pm

Looks like Vistara will launch weekly DEL-HND flights starting June 16 using the 787-9. Considering their current use, I doubt they would need a 3rd frame for the flight. Heck, they could probably do all 3 of their long haul routes with just 1 frame.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source= ... vY&ampcf=1
Star Alliance Gold

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos