Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

26point2
Topic Author

Will airlines require COVID vaccine for employees?

Sun Apr 11, 2021 1:44 pm

In the US there is some debate about the legality of mandating employees to get vaccinated. This issue is still developing as far as I understand it and it looks like it may be left up to the individual states to declare their policy.

What is the position with regards to airlines, their employees and the COVID vaccine? Will/are airlines requiring employees to get vaccinated?

Citrus1492

Re: Will airlines require COVID vaccine for employees?

Sun Apr 11, 2021 2:15 pm

26point2 wrote:
In the US there is some debate about the legality of mandating employees to get vaccinated. This issue is still developing as far as I understand it and it looks like it may be left up to the individual states to declare their policy.

What is the position with regards to airlines, their employees and the COVID vaccine? Will/are airlines requiring employees to get vaccinated?

My body, my choice. I will not be a lab rat for big pharma.
You can always say its against your religion. If your employer cans you, after telling them that, I see a large settlement in your future.
Be the best

MIflyer12

Sun Apr 11, 2021 2:31 pm

Some employers have already mandated vaccines. A few states have removed religious or philosophical exemptions for school vaccination requirements. I wouldn't assume a religious declaration will prove a universally successful skip-vaccine loophole. Citrus1492 may just have to self-terminate.

“We felt it was the best way to protect people, not just our residents but our team members and their families,” said Lynne Katzmann, Juniper’s chief executive. Of the company’s nearly 1,300 employees, “about 30 individuals have self-terminated” because of the vaccination requirement, she reported.

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/03/05/heal ... ities.html

CALMSP

Sun Apr 11, 2021 2:42 pm

well, UA has already asked its employees to upload their status via their profile...............not going over so well with a number of staff.

Dalmd88

Sun Apr 11, 2021 2:43 pm

Companies don't have much to stand on currently to make it mandatory to have a vaccine. All of the vaccines are currently only approved for emergency use. They are considered experimental. Even the US military can not mandate that emergency use vaccines are required.

I highly doubt that even when they are completely approved few companies will make them mandatory. The legal fight just isn't worth it. Most will highly encourage the vaccines and possibly reward the employees that do get it.

FlyingHonu001

Sun Apr 11, 2021 2:49 pm

EK recently mandated all staff to be vaccinated or face the consequences by paying for all mandatory tests by yourself...so in this case they are required :boxedin:

https://www.reuters.com/article/health- ... SKBN2B30B8

chonetsao

Sun Apr 11, 2021 2:57 pm

I don't think an individual company can force employees to have the vaccine. And I don't think it is right neither.

However, it does not stop destination country which is over cautious to require flight crew to be vaccinated as a temporary measure. Or a home country where personal liberty is less concerned requires crew to be vaccinated. Based on that, I can see some countries may require prove of vaccine for airline crew members to avoid lengthy quarantine, and I expect few airlines from few countries may boost all its international crew members are vaccinated, I just do not see it happening in US, UK, Europe and Australia. Qatar, Emirates, Chinese airlines, TK and SQ? I am not so sure. But then again, if you are operating flight to Africa and Brazil where the mutation is rampant, you may wish to be vaccinated even if there is no company mandate. If you are operating flight solely within USA, I don't see the need to be vaccinated unless you are in the high risk category.

Strato2

Sun Apr 11, 2021 3:13 pm

Dalmd88 wrote:
Companies don't have much to stand on currently to make it mandatory to have a vaccine. All of the vaccines are currently only approved for emergency use. They are considered experimental. Even the US military can not mandate that emergency use vaccines are required.

I highly doubt that even when they are completely approved few companies will make them mandatory. The legal fight just isn't worth it. Most will highly encourage the vaccines and possibly reward the employees that do get it.

:talktothehand:

Approved Covid-19 vaccines are just that. They are NOT experimental in any way shape or form. This is just disinformation campaign sprouted by anti-vaxxer conspiracy theorists.

https://fullfact.org/online/covid-vacci ... xperiment/

jetmatt777

Sun Apr 11, 2021 3:14 pm

I don’t care one way or the other as I am already fully vaccinated. But if they wanted to, I believe there are ways they can influence you to get vaccinated without it being mandatory. I.E. a health and wellness credit on your healthcare premium, or other similar policies.

To me, I don’t have a right to privacy with the company as I submit to background checks and drug screens. How dare they see where I have lived in and worked, and how dare they test my urine. It’s worth the loss of privacy and freedom to enjoy recreational substances in order to have a good paying job. So if they did, it wouldn’t bother me. It is not a constitutional right to work for any company. You are free to find other employment if the terms change to where you are no longer comfortable.

MKIAZ

Sun Apr 11, 2021 3:17 pm

>But then again, if you are operating flight to Africa and Brazil where the mutation is rampant, you may wish to be vaccinated even if there is no company mandate.

Mutations cross borders quite rapidly - and new ones develop. What was the dominant mutation in another country a few weeks ago could easily be dominant here next month.

If your work involves spending time in airports and interacting with lots of people unless you're doing domestic flights in NZ I think you'd have to be crazy to not to get vaccinated ASAP.

F9Driver

Sun Apr 11, 2021 3:18 pm

Citrus1492 wrote:
26point2 wrote:

You can always say its against your religion. If your employer cans you, after telling them that, I see a large settlement in your future.

Actually, religion was at the heart of the case law which says you do have to take a vaccine for the public good. I doubt it will come to that while the vaccines are still under FDA EUA, but schools and employers have required vaccination for years. Get it or don't study/work here.

https://www.historyofvaccines.org/conte ... etts-reiss

mxaxai

Sun Apr 11, 2021 3:38 pm

MKIAZ wrote:
If your work involves spending time in airports and interacting with lots of people unless you're doing domestic flights in NZ I think you'd have to be crazy to not to get vaccinated ASAP.

It is likely that some countries will require full vaccination for immigration. This would mean that only vaccinated crew members could operate flights there, so the airline must at least know which employees are vaccinated, and which aren't.

New Zealand in particular could be one such destination. Singapore, Hong Kong and China seem likely as well.

Alternatively, I could see airlines mandate daily tests for unvaccinated crew members, paid by themselves. No airline wants to be known as a place whose employees spread a deadly virus to their customers and around the world. Especially not when the vaccine provides a safe and effective way to prevent sickness and transmission.

Sooner787

Sun Apr 11, 2021 3:40 pm

I'm curious what the FAA has said about Covid vaccines and pilot's medical tickets?
I'm planning on getting a "jab" soon, but if Iwas a commercial pilot, I would want to
make damn sure I wouldn't risk my medical qualifications in any way.

smokeybandit

Sun Apr 11, 2021 3:40 pm

Employment lawyers would have a field day in America with lawsuits against companies requiring a vaccine that's still only in EUA.

JoseSalazar

Sun Apr 11, 2021 3:47 pm

Sooner787 wrote:
I'm curious what the FAA has said about Covid vaccines and pilot's medical tickets?
I'm planning on getting a "jab" soon, but if Iwas a commercial pilot, I would want to
make damn sure I wouldn't risk my medical qualifications in any way.

FAA says 48 hour post-vax no fly period. If no lingering side effects, then cleared to fly. But if you’re hospitalized for covid, the medical can get a bit more tricky. So, there’s risk either way.
Last edited by JoseSalazar on Sun Apr 11, 2021 3:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

An225

Sun Apr 11, 2021 3:47 pm

Citrus1492 wrote:
26point2 wrote:

No problem. Employers will require those not vaccinated to provide a negative COVID test before each shift. Those failing to comply will not work till providing evidence clean bill of health. Lets see how long these employees will keep with this.

FlyingHonu001

Sun Apr 11, 2021 3:48 pm

Strato2 wrote:
Dalmd88 wrote:

Approved Covid-19 vaccines are just that. They are NOT experimental in any way shape or form. This is just disinformation campaign sprouted by anti-vaxxer conspiracy theorists.

Long-term clinical trials are still ongoing, for example all vaccines approved within the EU have only been conditionally approved pending the long-term results. This means that further evidence on this is awaited. So in a way they are still experimental...

32andBelow

Sun Apr 11, 2021 3:50 pm

FlyingHonu001 wrote:
Strato2 wrote:
Dalmd88 wrote:

Long-term clinical trials are still ongoing, for example all vaccines approved within the EU have only been conditionally approved pending the long-term results. This means that further evidence on this is awaited. So in a way they are still experimental...

I can’t wait to see the new excuses the loonies come up with after the vaccines are fully approved

DoctorVenkman

Sun Apr 11, 2021 3:54 pm

Citrus1492 wrote:
26point2 wrote:

Yes, your body, your choice. Just like the airline has a choice not to give you shifts if they think your lack of a vaccine is a liability. It's a free market after all.

As a customer I'd be willing to shift my business to airlines that mandate a vaccinate for their employees. It's one less potential vector while traveling. Hopefully the idea catches on.

thewizbizman

Sun Apr 11, 2021 4:02 pm

To be honest, its an interesting and weird situation right now. I am from the US and its insanely controversial here, but I am curious what the vibes are from other countries about it. Some extremely specific jobs require certain medical shots, immunizations, etc. I just don't think its ever happened on a major scale with a 'new' vaccine.
"Aviation is the youngest big industry, but it is the fastest growing baby ever. A few years ago, it was called impossible to fly…The day of the airplane is surely here."

April 17, 1929 / C. E. Woolman

filipinoavgeek

Sun Apr 11, 2021 4:02 pm

In the Philippines, PR's owner the LT Group has already ordered free vaccines for its employees, and several non-American airlines are already making similar moves around the world. If anything, the real question is why does a resistance to vaccines even exist when it has already been scientifically proven they can both help prevent infection and (through preliminary data) even prevent spreading. There are almost no downsides to taking a vaccine other than mild side effects (and very very very rarely complications, but that's really just the nature of medicine and it isn't the fault of medicine itself), whereas there are plenty of downsides to not taking the vaccine (like potentially catching an illness that has a chance to kill you).
RIP 9V-SKA
2007 - 2019

Citrus1492

Sun Apr 11, 2021 4:04 pm

Strato2 wrote:
Dalmd88 wrote:

In the USA, the vaccines have been granted experimental use, and the manufacturer is shielded from liability, even if they kill a person.
The link you provided does not apply in the USA.
Be the best

Citrus1492

Sun Apr 11, 2021 4:09 pm

DoctorVenkman wrote:
Citrus1492 wrote:
26point2 wrote:

Yes, your body, your choice. Just like the airline has a choice not to give you shifts if they think your lack of a vaccine is a liability. It's a free market after all.

As a customer I'd be willing to shift my business to airlines that mandate a vaccinate for their employees. It's one less potential vector while traveling. Hopefully the idea catches on.

The market is at play. Several business that have tried to limit service to only vaccinated people have already changed course.
I predict that the first major US airline to mandate some sort of vaccine passport will be the first to enter bankruptcy court.
Be the best

Citrus1492

Sun Apr 11, 2021 4:13 pm

smokeybandit wrote:
Employment lawyers would have a field day in America with lawsuits against companies requiring a vaccine that's still only in EUA.

Very true. No more baby powder and antacid commercials, they will be-"Were your terminated from your job because you declined an experimental flu vaccine? Call us now, no fee unless we win your case!
Be the best

alasizon

Sun Apr 11, 2021 4:26 pm

For all the carriers in the US, it is currently optional with some carriers running incentive plans for employees to get vaccinated. The bigger issue will be whether or not certain governments will end up requiring it for flight crew.

Seniority becomes king sure, but if your workgroup/base has trips that go to XYZ where the government has made vaccines mandatory then by proxy, you have to have one. The company cannot unassign those legs from you and reassign them to someone more senior than you just because you didn't get vaccinated, that will end up being a nasty grievance.
Airport (noun) - A construction site which airplanes tend to frequent

JohanTally

Sun Apr 11, 2021 4:28 pm

My airlines has floated the idea of not requiring it for employment but to utilize the travel benefits you would be required to have the vaccine. Often times the primary reason people work for airlines is travel benefits which would force most people's hand.

32andBelow

Sun Apr 11, 2021 4:31 pm

They should just give like a 250 bonus to get it

umichman

Sun Apr 11, 2021 4:32 pm

What if someone has already had Covid? What about requiring vaccinations for other diseases (like Measles)? What about requiring annual flu shot?

32andBelow

Sun Apr 11, 2021 4:37 pm

umichman wrote:
What if someone has already had Covid? What about requiring vaccinations for other diseases (like Measles)? What about requiring annual flu shot?

Society already requires many vaccines to go to elementary school. So we already have heard immunity. This is a new disease.

Flu isn’t nearly as deadly.

Polot

Sun Apr 11, 2021 4:41 pm

Citrus1492 wrote:
DoctorVenkman wrote:
Citrus1492 wrote:

The market is at play. Several business that have tried to limit service to only vaccinated people have already changed course.
I predict that the first major US airline to mandate some sort of vaccine passport will be the first to enter bankruptcy court.

Funny how you think it’s airlines that will be mandating “vaccine passports” and not governments.
umichman wrote:

You can still get the vaccine if you had covid (and it is I fact recommended that you do so).

rbavfan

Sun Apr 11, 2021 4:42 pm

Citrus1492 wrote:
26point2 wrote:

Not if vaccination is a federal requirement. Airlines fall under federal regulations for stuff like this. Also if they can trace this comment from you that my body. my choice then they have proof it's not a religious reason.

hpff

Sun Apr 11, 2021 4:44 pm

mxaxai wrote:
MKIAZ wrote:

It is likely that some countries will require full vaccination for immigration. This would mean that only vaccinated crew members could operate flights there, so the airline must at least know which employees are vaccinated, and which aren't.

New Zealand in particular could be one such destination. Singapore, Hong Kong and China seem likely as well.

Alternatively, I could see airlines mandate daily tests for unvaccinated crew members, paid by themselves. No airline wants to be known as a place whose employees spread a deadly virus to their customers and around the world. Especially not when the vaccine provides a safe and effective way to prevent sickness and transmission.

Depending on where the airline flies to, this shouldn't be any different than the requirement of showing a yellow fever vaccination card you frequently get in South America and Africa (think it's just a recommendation in parts of South America though), which is agreed to by international law. I wouldn't be surprised if COVID gets added to the treaty at some point.

EA CO AS

Sun Apr 11, 2021 4:48 pm

While it appears this may continue to evolve, the EEOC has already issued guidance on employee mandates for vaccination:

https://www.laboremploymentlawblog.com/ ... employees/
"In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem - government IS the problem." - Ronald Reagan

Comments made here are my own and are not intended to represent the official position of Alaska Air Group

mm320cap

Sun Apr 11, 2021 4:49 pm

Citrus1492 wrote:
26point2 wrote:

So when you have an international trip to a country that requires it, I’m guessing you expect to be pay protected, right? *eyeroll*

UPlog

Sun Apr 11, 2021 4:50 pm

Union told us that mandating COVID vaccination would be very hard to legally do while they are under only EUA . Even if they receive normal regulatory approval there is an issue of requiring vaccination post-employment as it would be a change in requirements after the fact impacting the current workforce. Something that would need to be worked out contractually I suppose.

Certainly, other nations may require vaccination as an entry requirement, but that becomes the companies issue to work around, not the individual crew member if they are not qualified to enter a specific country.

So at the end of the day, its voluntary only.
I fly your boxes

mm320cap

Sun Apr 11, 2021 4:52 pm

Citrus1492 wrote:
DoctorVenkman wrote:
Citrus1492 wrote:

Baloney. And your body your choice is making choices for my body. If enough people refuse the vaccine we never reach hers immunity, mutations are allowed to evolve which render MY vaccine less or ineffective, and we stay in mask lane forever. So thanks for that

hpff

Sun Apr 11, 2021 4:53 pm

rbavfan wrote:
Citrus1492 wrote:
26point2 wrote:

Not if vaccination is a federal requirement. Airlines fall under federal regulations for stuff like this. Also if they can trace this comment from you that my body. my choice then they have proof it's not a religious reason.

There's a famous US court case from 1905 (Jacobson v Massachusetts) where the "it's against my religion" was tried against the mandatory smallpox vaccination (a fine was levied if you were non-compliant.) The "against my religion" argument didn't work and petitioner was ultimately forced to pay the fine.

Capricorn

Sun Apr 11, 2021 4:55 pm

What if the Air Crew becomes unable to fulfill its job because of vaccine hesitation? I am sure some countries like Australia, Israel or Hong Kong will require Vaccine upon entry. I fully support my body my choice, but I can see that it will create big troubles for airlines to potentially staff certain flights. That potentially gives ground to dismiss employees as they become unable to perform their job. Maybe that is not a big problem in the US, where there is a huge domestic market, but for airlines primarily flying internationally non-vaccinated employees will become a big problem.

DoctorVenkman

Sun Apr 11, 2021 4:55 pm

Citrus1492 wrote:
Strato2 wrote:
Dalmd88 wrote:

In the USA, the vaccines have been granted experimental use, and the manufacturer is shielded from liability, even if they kill a person.
The link you provided does not apply in the USA.

Over 100 million people have gotten vaccinated so far in the USA and there is no evidence that they cause any long-term negative effects. The worst case is you feel sick for a day after getting your shot. In extremely rare cases (one in ten million according to the last study I saw) people have an allergic reaction that can be easily cured with epinephrine.

Multiple scientific studies have proved that they are safe and effective. Your fear mongering is not based on anything in reality, and saying things like "even if they kill a person" is a gross misrepresentation of reality. I hope you reconsider your position.

FGITD

Sun Apr 11, 2021 5:05 pm

My colleagues and I were of the same opinion...

I’m not going to open the door to an international flight, carrying pax from all over, each potentially carrying who knows what sort of illnesses...with no protection. It’s one thing if you work remotely or isolated, but you’re an absolute fool if you work for a major airline and don’t realize that you’re already at a higher risk for illness than most people.

I’m Ok with not mandating the vaccine. But if you get COVID, you can’t use your sick time. And if you knowingly come to work with covid, off to unemployment you go.

I like the idea of inconvenient minimal contact shifts as well. If you don’t want to be vaccinated, you can’t deal with people. Plenty of paperwork and flight folders that can be audited on the 12-8am shift.

aemoreira1981

Sun Apr 11, 2021 5:18 pm

CALMSP wrote:
well, UA has already asked its employees to upload their status via their profile...............not going over so well with a number of staff.

The issue is, for those that fly internationally...if proof is required at the other end.

VSMUT

Sun Apr 11, 2021 5:37 pm

I'm all for it. The problem for me is that I live in a country where my age bracket (and that of most pilots) are at the very end of the queue. Not a chance of getting up front, I know most airlines here already asked the authorities.

Capricorn wrote:
What if the Air Crew becomes unable to fulfill its job because of vaccine hesitation? I am sure some countries like Australia, Israel or Hong Kong will require Vaccine upon entry. I fully support my body my choice, but I can see that it will create big troubles for airlines to potentially staff certain flights. That potentially gives ground to dismiss employees as they become unable to perform their job. Maybe that is not a big problem in the US, where there is a huge domestic market, but for airlines primarily flying internationally non-vaccinated employees will become a big problem.

:checkmark:

Only a matter of time before it happens.

BTV290

Sun Apr 11, 2021 5:50 pm

FGITD wrote:
I’m not going to open the door to an international flight, carrying pax from all over, each potentially carrying who knows what sort of illnesses...with no protection. It’s one thing if you work remotely or isolated, but you’re an absolute fool if you work for a major airline and don’t realize that you’re already at a higher risk for illness than most people.

I think if you're already refusing the vaccine, you probably also don't care about this sort of thing.

rbavfan

Sun Apr 11, 2021 5:50 pm

chonetsao wrote:
I don't think an individual company can force employees to have the vaccine. And I don't think it is right neither.

However, it does not stop destination country which is over cautious to require flight crew to be vaccinated as a temporary measure. Or a home country where personal liberty is less concerned requires crew to be vaccinated. Based on that, I can see some countries may require prove of vaccine for airline crew members to avoid lengthy quarantine, and I expect few airlines from few countries may boost all its international crew members are vaccinated, I just do not see it happening in US, UK, Europe and Australia. Qatar, Emirates, Chinese airlines, TK and SQ? I am not so sure. But then again, if you are operating flight to Africa and Brazil where the mutation is rampant, you may wish to be vaccinated even if there is no company mandate. If you are operating flight solely within USA, I don't see the need to be vaccinated unless you are in the high risk category.

I'll bet if you are an FA or Pilot on International flights that most countries are requiring it =. If you don't get vaccine you would be very limited on availability.

micstatic

Sun Apr 11, 2021 5:54 pm

It's unsettling to see the anti vax weirdos jeopardize us reaching herd immunity. To think it could mutate and nail our kids or something like that. The majority of people want the vaccine and also want to return to normal life. Anybody not on board should be pushed aside. I don't know about you guys but I'm tired of wearing masks and all the other sacrifices we've had to make.

ikramerica

Sun Apr 11, 2021 6:00 pm

The problem I see is that it is under "emergency use authorization" and hasn't been fully cleared by the governing authorities around the world. It will be at least another year before that would change.

This is also why it can't (shouldn't) be mandated for children. And considering the risk/benefit, not sure how it makes sense to vaccinate children anyway. See how side effects of vaccine are worse the younger you are but disease itself is less severe and less contagious the younger you are...

I received the Janssen vaccine on Thursday and it wasn't the most pleasant experience. Chills, fever, headache overnight. Then mild fever and headache the next day. Then actually worse the next day (but not as bad as first night). Really impacted my arthritic areas with excess inflammation. Started to feel mostly better by the 3rd night at 10pm (60 hours after shot).

Seem to be fine today, if a little tired. Less arm pain for me than the flu shot or Tetanus, but definitely more adverse reaction than to any other shot. Had a mild reaction to MMR2 where I had very mild mumps symptoms, but I would take those again over the Covid vaccine symptoms.

One thing I would expect is that there will be a Covid .2 version over time that refines the results and lessons the side effects. For the Janssen, they might even choose a less reactive Adenovirus than the original. But I assume that is years away.

Edit: my 84 yo mother-in-law had similar reaction as me. Wife had almost no reaction other than stomach cramps for a few hours the next day. But considering my young kids have been in school the whole time and have even been exposed and haven't gotten sick, nor spread it to us, the risk for young children without pre-existing conditions seems very remote. Vaccinating children with vaccines with potentially harmful side effects to protect adults is against medical ethics and many treaties.
Last edited by ikramerica on Sun Apr 11, 2021 6:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Of all the things to worry about... the Wookie has no pants.

ikramerica

Sun Apr 11, 2021 6:02 pm

micstatic wrote:
It's unsettling to see the anti vax weirdos jeopardize us reaching herd immunity. To think it could mutate and nail our kids or something like that. The majority of people want the vaccine and also want to return to normal life. Anybody not on board should be pushed aside. I don't know about you guys but I'm tired of wearing masks and all the other sacrifices we've had to make.

Frankly it is far too late for that. The only way to have reached herd immunity without major mutations was to not lock down and let everyone catch it quickly. But the world chose the "try to hide" plan instead.

32andBelow

Sun Apr 11, 2021 6:06 pm

ikramerica wrote:
The problem I see is that it is under "emergency use authorization" and hasn't been fully cleared by the governing authorities around the world. It will be at least another year before that would change.

This is also why it can't (shouldn't) be mandated for children. And considering the risk/benefit, not sure how it makes sense to vaccinate children anyway. See how side effects of vaccine are worse the younger you are but disease itself is less severe and less contagious the younger you are...

I received the Janssen vaccine on Thursday and it wasn't the most pleasant experience. Chills, fever, headache overnight. Then mild fever and headache the next day. Then actually worse the next day (but not as bad as first night). Really impacted my arthritic areas with excess inflammation. Started to feel mostly better by the 3rd night at 10pm (60 hours after shot).

Seem to be fine today, if a little tired. Less arm pain for me than the flu shot or Tetanus, but definitely more adverse reaction than to any other shot. Had a mild reaction to MMR2 where I had very mild mumps symptoms, but I would take those again over the Covid vaccine symptoms.

One thing I would expect is that there will be a Covid .2 version over time that refines the results and lessons the side effects. For the Janssen, they might even choose a less reactive Adenovirus than the original. But I assume that is years away.

It’s all about stopping the spread.

micstatic

Sun Apr 11, 2021 6:07 pm

ikramerica wrote:
micstatic wrote:

Frankly it is far too late for that. The only way to have reached herd immunity without major mutations was to not lock down and let everyone catch it quickly. But the world chose the "try to hide" plan instead.

Yes we have had some mutations. But doctors and medical scientists believe we in fact can achieve it. I always bet with the experts

ikramerica

Sun Apr 11, 2021 6:13 pm

32andBelow wrote:
ikramerica wrote:

It’s all about stopping the spread.

No, it's not ALL about that. It's a factor. But so are human rights, forcing experimental treatments on free people, etc. In the USA, most jurisdictions understand it isn't ethical or legal. Teacher unions are not requiring teachers to take an experimental vaccine, though most teachers have decided to anyway.
My Mom got the Pfizer and was very sick after round 2, for weeks. My Dad was due for his second Pfizer shot late January but went to ICU that day instead. Ultimately he died of multi-organ failure after his gall bladder died, total of 2 weeks later. Not Covid positive, and had major kidney problems the previous summer. We will never know if the vaccine caused harm, but he developed heart issues and untreatable pneumonia, but I couldn't in good conscience mandate anyone take an experimental vaccine. And it's why the rest of us waited for the Janssen...

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos