Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

AVLAirlineFreq
Topic Author

AA announces a slew of new leisure routes for summer

Wed Apr 14, 2021 12:39 pm

Saturday only service from MCO to BNA, PIT, RDU, DAY, BHM, SDF, IND, and MEM.

Daily service between RDU and BNA.

Saturday only service for RDU-VPS, AUS-NAS, MIA-BGR, MIA-HSV, MIA-MKE, MIA-ROC.

New service between DFW and BTV and BGR (Saturday only then daily).

Widebody 777 service exclusively on MIA-JFK and MIA-LAX.

Expanded widebody service on 787 and 777 equipment to Caribbean and Latin America.

https://thepointsguy.com/news/american- ... ce=twitter
Last edited by AVLAirlineFreq on Wed Apr 14, 2021 1:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Midwestindy

Re: AA announces a slew of new leisure routes for summer

Wed Apr 14, 2021 12:58 pm

AA making moves in AUS, MCO, BNA, & RDU, all locations DL was/is looking for growth in. This should be interesting.

RDU network looks great with AA's codeshares: RDU-LHR/LAX/SEA/NYC/BOS/ORD/DCA/PHL/PHX/DFW/CLT + P2P AUS/BNA/MCO/VPS/PIT/BOS/CUN
ORD & IND

AA & DL

Detroit313

Wed Apr 14, 2021 1:01 pm

Growth, growth, growth!

Austin and Raleigh the biggest winners once again.

BA744PHX

Wed Apr 14, 2021 1:11 pm

WOW did not expect this from MCO, and surprised at AUS-NAS.

I'm surprised about MIA-MKE/HSV, I thought they were already served.

Keep expanding AA!!!

RL757PVD

Wed Apr 14, 2021 1:14 pm

Pretty pathetic that PVD will be the only New England airport without MIA and DFW this summer, granted those are hyper leisure focused but still I would think a WTF would be in order from PVD to the AA planning staff at this point.
Experience is what you get when what you thought would work out didn't!

Ishrion

Wed Apr 14, 2021 1:27 pm

I've been waiting on DFW-BGR. Great route to complement DFW-PWM going daily this summer.

A bit surprised they excluded RDU-VPS, DFW/MIA routes from the official press release.

AVLAirlineFreq
Topic Author

Wed Apr 14, 2021 1:35 pm

I'm surprised AA didn't add Saturday-only service for MIA-AVL for the summer.

panam330

Wed Apr 14, 2021 1:36 pm

RL757PVD wrote:
Pretty pathetic that PVD will be the only New England airport without MIA and DFW this summer, granted those are hyper leisure focused but still I would think a WTF would be in order from PVD to the AA planning staff at this point.

No MIA/DFW-SYR, either, but oddly ROC gets MIA.

bomber996

Wed Apr 14, 2021 1:45 pm

RL757PVD wrote:

MHT is waiting in the wing wondering why it's always forgotten, even in this post. :cry:

Some of these routes are wild. Hopefully some of them have staying power.

Peace :box:
"We've recently upped our standards, so up yours." - Federal Aviation Administration

dfdubflyer

Wed Apr 14, 2021 1:48 pm

Man AA+partners is really starting to look pretty nice as the legacy of choice in BNA:

BOS, NYC, PHL, DCA, RDU, CLT, MIA, FLL, MCO, DFW, AUS, ORD, PHX, LAX, SFO, SEA, CUN, and LHR

Jshank83

Wed Apr 14, 2021 1:53 pm

dfdubflyer wrote:
Man AA+partners is really starting to look pretty nice as the legacy of choice in BNA:

BOS, NYC, PHL, DCA, RDU, CLT, MIA, FLL, MCO, DFW, AUS, ORD, PHX, LAX, SFO, SEA, CUN, and LHR

Who flies SFO/FLL/CUN that is a partner? B6 on CUN/FLL I don't think counts. That partnership is only BOS/NYC. I can't remember if AA flew to CUN from BNA this past winter or not

That said, that is a pretty good route map.
Last edited by Jshank83 on Wed Apr 14, 2021 1:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

deltairlines

Wed Apr 14, 2021 1:56 pm

RL757PVD wrote:

MHT also lacks MIA and DFW.

jfk777

Wed Apr 14, 2021 1:58 pm

dfdubflyer wrote:

Didn't BA kill Nashville along with Pittsburgh, Charleston and other minor 787 cities ? Austin & San Diego are still flown.

ZazuPIT

Wed Apr 14, 2021 2:04 pm

jfk777 wrote:
dfdubflyer wrote:

Didn't BA kill Nashville along with Pittsburgh, Charleston and other minor 787 cities ? Austin & San Diego are still flown.

AFAIK, it hasn't been cancelled totally. It just keeps getting pushed back. I don't expect them to return this year as summer is getting close to the summer season.

Runway765

Wed Apr 14, 2021 2:09 pm

jfk777 wrote:
dfdubflyer wrote:

No, they didn't kill BNA, only PIT and CHS.

BTVB6Flyer

Wed Apr 14, 2021 2:10 pm

I'm actually surprised BTV is getting DFW before MIA

MIflyer12

Wed Apr 14, 2021 2:13 pm

Ishrion wrote:
I've been waiting on DFW-BGR. Great route to complement DFW-PWM going daily this summer.

DFW-BGR, huh? I guess they have high hopes for travel to Camden and to Acadia NP. If you go before August, buy many cans of bug spray the minute you pass through the terminal.

Cubsrule

Wed Apr 14, 2021 2:13 pm

ZazuPIT wrote:
jfk777 wrote:
dfdubflyer wrote:

AFAIK, it hasn't been cancelled totally. It just keeps getting pushed back. I don't expect them to return this year as summer is getting close to the summer season.

I'm confused by this whole discussion. AUS/SAN-LHR are not presently operating. I believe BA is presently operating ATL, BOS, DFW, IAD, IAH, JFK, LAX, MIA, ORD, PHL, and SEA, so there are a number of US cities with much longer BA history than what JFK777 calls the "minor 787 cities" that are not operating.
I can't decide whether I miss the tulip or the bowling shoe more

tphuang

Wed Apr 14, 2021 2:15 pm

Jshank83 wrote:
dfdubflyer wrote:

Who flies SFO/FLL/CUN that is a partner? B6 on CUN/FLL I don't think counts. That partnership is only BOS/NYC. I can't remember if AA flew to CUN from BNA this past winter or not

At some point, if they have recipricol earn/burn on all B6 flights (not just AA codeshares), CUN/FLL would count. Although i can't see BNA-CUN sticking around with B6.

Although realistically speaking, I'm be surprised if any of RDU/AUS/MCO will be around a year now.

MAH4546

Wed Apr 14, 2021 2:29 pm

panam330 wrote:
RL757PVD wrote:

No MIA/DFW-SYR, either, but oddly ROC gets MIA.

MIAROC isn’t new. It launched in November 2020. Now extended to summer.

AVLAirlineFreq wrote:
I'm surprised AA didn't add Saturday-only service for MIA-AVL for the summer.

I’m surprised this doesn’t operates as a daily year-round service. The market is huge and Allegiant has it all to itself up to three times a day.
a.

Jshank83

Wed Apr 14, 2021 2:29 pm

tphuang wrote:
Jshank83 wrote:
dfdubflyer wrote:

At some point, if they have recipricol earn/burn on all B6 flights (not just AA codeshares), CUN/FLL would count. Although i can't see BNA-CUN sticking around with B6.

Although realistically speaking, I'm be surprised if any of RDU/AUS/MCO will be around a year now.

I could be 100% wrong on this, and please tell me if I am, but I thought it was only reciprocal on NYC/BOS flights. So you can't use AA points (or earn AA points) on B6 CUN/FLL. But if you can I would love to know, hopefully I am wrong.

I also realize you said at some point, but I am talking now.

RJNUT

Wed Apr 14, 2021 2:31 pm

MIflyer12 wrote:
Ishrion wrote:

DFW-BGR, huh? I guess they have high hopes for travel to Camden and to Acadia NP. If you go before August, buy many cans of bug spray the minute you pass through the terminal.

in addition
"Bah Harbah" and all the families with summer homes there . counting on friends and relatives coming to visit, i imagine, from throughout the western US

miaami

Wed Apr 14, 2021 2:31 pm

Interested to see how many frequencies AA will have on MIA-JFK/LAX with all 777s

jfklganyc

Wed Apr 14, 2021 2:34 pm

[*]
Detroit313 wrote:
Growth, growth, growth!

Just to clarify, it really isnt.

AA is significantly smaller than when this all began fleet wise. And even smaller revenue wise

This a legacy making smart decisions to try to maximize leisure domestic and close-in international travel

USAirALB

Wed Apr 14, 2021 2:36 pm

RL757PVD wrote:

Ditto for ALB. AA has never attempted either DFW or MIA from ALB.

MIA-ALB is surprising to me actually given the large number of South Floridians in the Adirondacks and Saratoga Springs area in the Summer.
RJ85, F70, E135, E140, E145, E70, E75, E90, CR2, CR7, CR9, 717, 732, 733, 734, 735, 73G, 738, 739, 744ER, 752, 753, 762, 763ER, 772, 77E, 77W, 789, 319, 320, 321, 332, 333, 343, 359, 388

ScottB

Wed Apr 14, 2021 2:41 pm

RJNUT wrote:
"Bah Harbah" and all the families with summer homes there

There are no ahs in that town name, it's Bah Hahbah. At least the Mainahs recycle their ahs; the capital of the state is Uhguster.

RL757PVD wrote:
Pretty pathetic that PVD will be the only New England airport without MIA and DFW this summer

bomber996 wrote:
MHT is waiting in the wing wondering why it's always forgotten, even in this post.

HVN waves at you from the armpit of New England.

dfdubflyer

Wed Apr 14, 2021 2:44 pm

Jshank83 wrote:
dfdubflyer wrote:

Ah, fair enough, I didn't realize that the B6 partnership excluded FLL/CUN. AS flew SFO pre-Covid although I dont think it's loaded for S21.

dfdubflyer

Wed Apr 14, 2021 2:48 pm

ZazuPIT wrote:
jfk777 wrote:
dfdubflyer wrote:

Correct, not cancelled. It's currently scheduled to restart 1 July although only way I see them returning this summer is if the discussed UK-US air bubble ends up happening.

usflyer msp

Wed Apr 14, 2021 2:52 pm

Jshank83 wrote:
tphuang wrote:
Jshank83 wrote:

I could be 100% wrong on this, and please tell me if I am, but I thought it was only reciprocal on NYC/BOS flights. So you can't use AA points (or earn AA points) on B6 CUN/FLL. But if you can I would love to know, hopefully I am wrong.

Right now, you can't earn/burn AA miles on b6 coded flights anywhere. The last nly way to earn miles is to purchase as an AA codeshare and redeeming miles on B6 is not possible at all.

RL757PVD

Wed Apr 14, 2021 2:56 pm

ok I fine I forgot MHT and HVN... but pre covid, and currently, PVD is the 2nd largest AA station in terms of seats outside of the major cities and BDL, hopefully they don't lose that focus with the B6 partnership in BOS.

tphuang

Wed Apr 14, 2021 3:25 pm

Jshank83 wrote:
tphuang wrote:
Jshank83 wrote:

I remember reading the possibility of that happening. But you know, things are very much in the beginning phase. It will take a while to see what the full implementation looks like.

reednavy

Wed Apr 14, 2021 3:34 pm

jfk777 wrote:
dfdubflyer wrote:

It was one of the best-performing new routes in at least the last decade for BA and they were going to upgauge to a 787-10 for this year, but Covid destroyed those plans. I think the average load factor was at or above 85% for a while, the the premium seats almost always sold out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SESGDL

Wed Apr 14, 2021 3:56 pm

jfklganyc wrote:
[*]
Detroit313 wrote:
Growth, growth, growth!

Just to clarify, it really isnt.

AA is significantly smaller than when this all began fleet wise. And even smaller revenue wise

This a legacy making smart decisions to try to maximize leisure domestic and close-in international travel

:checkmark: :checkmark: :checkmark:

Plus, I'm not sure we should be getting super excited about a bunch of once-weekly flights to popular leisure destinations, mostly in Florida. This just counteracts all the flights AA has cut at ORD, DCA and PHL. Still, exciting, I guess...

Jeremy

LAX772LR

Wed Apr 14, 2021 4:41 pm

Midwestindy wrote:
AA making moves in AUS, MCO, BNA, & RDU, all locations DL was/is looking for growth in.

Precisely said. AA is making moves while DL is calling them "focus cities" in press releases, but doing nothing publicly visible.

I mean, unless the latter is cutting some amazing corporate/mass-leisure travel deals that nobody is free to speak about; it's tough to see exactly what they're getting out of their focus strategy, all while AA continues to kneecap them in each and every one of those markets.

jfk777 wrote:
Didn't BA kill Nashville along with Pittsburgh, Charleston and other minor 787 cities ?

PDX, PIT, CHS, and YYC are the continental N.Am discontinuations by BA. PDX never received its first flight, upon cancellation.

There was some ambiguity about them axing San Jose, and some media managed to confuse SJC/SJO, but now appears both will be back.

jfk777 wrote:
Austin & San Diego are still flown.

No they aren't. And haven't for about a year, alongside MSY, BNA, etc. But all the above are in the schedules to return, just constantly pushed back.
I myself, suspect a more prosaic motive... ~Thranduil

jayunited

Wed Apr 14, 2021 5:02 pm

LAX772LR wrote:
Midwestindy wrote:
AA making moves in AUS, MCO, BNA, & RDU, all locations DL was/is looking for growth in.

Precisely said. AA is making moves while DL is calling them "focus cities" in press releases, but doing nothing publicly visible.

I mean, unless the latter is cutting some amazing corporate/mass-leisure travel deals that nobody is free to speak about; it's tough to see exactly what they're getting out of their focus strategy, all while AA continues to kneecap them in each and every one of those markets.

jfk777 wrote:
Didn't BA kill Nashville along with Pittsburgh, Charleston and other minor 787 cities ?

PDX, PIT, CHS, and YYC are the continental N.Am discontinuations by BA. PDX never received its first flight, upon cancellation.

There was some ambiguity about them axing San Jose, and some media managed to confuse SJC/SJO, but now appears both will be back.

jfk777 wrote:
Austin & San Diego are still flown.

No they aren't. And haven't for about a year, alongside MSY, BNA, etc. But all the above are in the schedules to return, just constantly pushed back.

Before you jump and say Delta is doing nothing we have to ask ourselves are these moves permanent or temporary? In the article American's VP of network planning asked why American is flying so many wideobdies and additional routes. His answer was very interesting he stated the governments payroll support program is allowing American to have both crews and aircraft at the ready as traffic rebounds. American can offer as much capacity as we can given the infrastructure they have.

American is taking the all in approach since they don't have to worry about employee cost which is huge. All the US carriers are saving millions or billions (depending on the airline) of dollars in employee cost. American has decided since the government is covering payroll there is no better time than now to go all out and try to capture as much revenue as they can using nearly every aircraft in their fleet. Meanwhile Delta and United are taking a more cautious approach.

Which approach is the right one to take this summer for airlines like AA, DL and UA everyone has their opinion but I think it is far to early to call one airlines approach a winner.

lat41

Wed Apr 14, 2021 5:32 pm

RL757PVD wrote:
ok I fine I forgot MHT and HVN... but pre covid, and currently, PVD is the 2nd largest AA station in terms of seats outside of the major cities and BDL, hopefully they don't lose that focus with the B6 partnership in BOS.

Seats way up for PVD with this new schedule change in the absence of new routes including the return of 321s to CLT. Also a 321 o the first AM flight to PHL and back to 3 ORD departures. I'll take it.

LAX772LR

Wed Apr 14, 2021 5:38 pm

jayunited wrote:
Before you jump and say Delta is doing nothing

Which I didn't. I said they're doing nothing publicly visible, and that it's tough to see what they're doing; and, by the very nature of this conversation, that's objectively correct.

Though in all probability, that's likely a distinction without a difference. Because for that difference to matter, we'd have to believe that DL's playing some manner of 4dimensional chess so incalculably strategic, that while other airlines actually build their operations, plaster the locales with their brand, and market the hell out of all the above; DL is going to somehow emerge as a choice carrier among the populaces of those cities, despite no action discernible even to those who pay inordinate amounts of attention to these things.

That just doesn't seem.... likely.
Even if only a small percentage of this flying remains once the pandemic cedes, that's still a percentage of the creme of the market that DL doesn't get. So what then does DL do, still enter the market and chase the whey?

Love to be proven wrong, as it'd certainly prove once again that DL's management team is a step above the rest. But they truly appear to have dropped the ball against AA/WN's actions, if indeed it was still their intent to remain a player.
Last edited by LAX772LR on Wed Apr 14, 2021 5:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I myself, suspect a more prosaic motive... ~Thranduil

Ishrion

Wed Apr 14, 2021 5:39 pm

DFW-BGR operating with A319, DFW-BTV with E175

Behind a paywall: https://www.bizjournals.com/dallas/news ... outes.html

RL757PVD

Wed Apr 14, 2021 5:52 pm

lat41 wrote:
RL757PVD wrote:

Seats way up for PVD with this new schedule change in the absence of new routes including the return of 321s to CLT. Also a 321 o the first AM flight to PHL and back to 3 ORD departures. I'll take it.

June is a default schedule, I wouldn't expect the schedule to look like that

N292UX

Wed Apr 14, 2021 8:49 pm

MIA-BGR is sort of a shock to me. I imagine it will work out fine on Saturday-only though.

I guess if this trend keeps up, I see them possibly adding the following:

Daily:
MEM-AUS/BOS/IND/RDU (BOS-MEM is assuming DL keeps pushing it back/doesn't start it)
RDU-MSY/IND
AUS-IND
BNA-BOS/IND/PIT

Sat. Only:
AUS-CUN/PNS/PVR/RSW/SRQ
BNA-CUN/VPS/MBJ/SRQ
RDU-MBJ/RSW
MSY-PVR/RSW
BOS-AUA/DAB/ECP/PNS/PVR/STT/VPS
CMH-MBJ/SRQ

Just a bunch of "hypothetical" guesses but they seem rather plausible based off of AA's recent moves.

jplatts

Wed Apr 14, 2021 8:56 pm

AVLAirlineFreq wrote:

I had previously mentioned the possibility of AA adding DFW-ALB/CHO/PVD/ROC/SYR nonstop service with ALB, CHO, PVD, ROC, and SYR being top remaining destinations traveled to from the DFW/DAL market that do not have nonstop service from DFW or DAL.

USAirALB

Wed Apr 14, 2021 9:16 pm

jplatts wrote:
AVLAirlineFreq wrote:

I had previously mentioned the possibility of AA adding DFW-ALB/CHO/PVD/ROC/SYR nonstop service with ALB, CHO, PVD, ROC, and SYR being top remaining destinations traveled to from the DFW/DAL market that do not have nonstop service from DFW or DAL.

I can't speak for CHO, but PVD/ROC/SYR all had service to DFW at one point.

DFW-PVD was served by a S80, and DFW-ROC/SYR were all CR7s. AA remarked at the time (I believe to ALB media orgs) that they wanted to fly DFW-ALB but the flight was outside of the CR7's range and they had no other suitable aircraft for the route (this was before the E-Jets came into service).
RJ85, F70, E135, E140, E145, E70, E75, E90, CR2, CR7, CR9, 717, 732, 733, 734, 735, 73G, 738, 739, 744ER, 752, 753, 762, 763ER, 772, 77E, 77W, 789, 319, 320, 321, 332, 333, 343, 359, 388

MLIAA

Wed Apr 14, 2021 9:35 pm

N292UX wrote:
MIA-BGR is sort of a shock to me. I imagine it will work out fine on Saturday-only though.

Daily:
MEM-AUS/BOS/IND/RDU (BOS-MEM is assuming DL keeps pushing it back/doesn't start it)
RDU-MSY/IND
AUS-IND
BNA-BOS/IND/PIT

Sat. Only:
AUS-CUN/PNS/PVR/RSW/SRQ
BNA-CUN/VPS/MBJ/SRQ
RDU-MBJ/RSW
MSY-PVR/RSW
CMH-MBJ/SRQ

Just a bunch of "hypothetical" guesses but they seem rather plausible based off of AA's recent moves.

I don’t disagree with you, but I would think DAB would get ORD or DCA service before BOS.
A319 A320 A321 A332 B712 B722 B737 B738 B739 B744 B752 B763 B764 B772 B788 B789 MD80 S340 E140 E145 E170 E175 E195 CRJ2 CRJ7 CRJ9

clrd4t8koff

Wed Apr 14, 2021 10:04 pm

MLIAA wrote:
N292UX wrote:

Daily:
RDU-MSY/IND
AUS-IND
BNA-BOS/IND/PIT

Sat. Only:
AUS-CUN/PNS/PVR/RSW/SRQ
BNA-CUN/VPS/MBJ/SRQ
RDU-MBJ/RSW
MSY-PVR/RSW
CMH-MBJ/SRQ

I don’t disagree with you, but I would think DAB would get ORD or DCA service before BOS.

Huh? BOS already has both DCA & ORD service :roll:

WaywardMemphian

Wed Apr 14, 2021 10:06 pm

N292UX wrote:

Daily:
RDU-MSY/IND
AUS-IND
BNA-BOS/IND/PIT

Sat. Only:
AUS-CUN/PNS/PVR/RSW/SRQ
BNA-CUN/VPS/MBJ/SRQ
RDU-MBJ/RSW
MSY-PVR/RSW
CMH-MBJ/SRQ

I see MEM/LAX before a couple of those others.

But if... I got my MEM/LAX and yours come to fruition and the precovid flights come back it would be

MEM- DFW/ORD/CTL/MIA/LGA/DCA/PHL/PHX/LAX/AUS/RDU/BOS/IND

That is 13 Destinations without any Sat onlys which I could see CUN and more MCO possible on seasonal basis.

Does that qualify as a 'focus city' ?

I fully expect WN to add an additional SAT nonstop to MCO as retaliation. Clearly AA saw what fares WN was asking for on MEM/MCO. Will Frontier add additional flights?

GSPSPOT

Wed Apr 14, 2021 10:31 pm

Didn't MKE-MIA less than daily start already, or was it a victim of the pandemic?
Great Lakes, great life.

MLIAA

Wed Apr 14, 2021 10:42 pm

clrd4t8koff wrote:
MLIAA wrote:
N292UX wrote:

Daily:
RDU-MSY/IND
AUS-IND
BNA-BOS/IND/PIT

Sat. Only:
AUS-CUN/PNS/PVR/RSW/SRQ
BNA-CUN/VPS/MBJ/SRQ
RDU-MBJ/RSW
MSY-PVR/RSW
CMH-MBJ/SRQ

Huh? BOS already has both DCA & ORD service :roll:

I’m saying I think we’ll see DAB-DCA or DAB-ORD before DAB-BOS.
A319 A320 A321 A332 B712 B722 B737 B738 B739 B744 B752 B763 B764 B772 B788 B789 MD80 S340 E140 E145 E170 E175 E195 CRJ2 CRJ7 CRJ9

AmericanAir88

Wed Apr 14, 2021 11:30 pm

Still waiting for JFK-LAS to return. LAS will be packed in the summer judging by my recent visit last week

Why doesn’t AA be more adventurous with JFK? Return JFK-SXM/SJU/GCM/SEA/LAS (of course) and try out maybe JFK-Florida places/SLC

MaxTrimm

Wed Apr 14, 2021 11:37 pm

AmericanAir88 wrote:
Still waiting for JFK-LAS to return. LAS will be packed in the summer judging by my recent visit last week

Why doesn’t AA be more adventurous with JFK? Return JFK-SXM/SJU/GCM/SEA/LAS (of course) and try out maybe JFK-Florida places/SLC

There is SO MUCH capacity on New York-Florida this Spring/Summer. I feel like there are more lucrative places to spend money than there. Especially will all these P2P routes they’re announcing, I’d say this is hurting JFK’s chances at Florida this Summer.

N649DL

Thu Apr 15, 2021 12:00 am

MIA-ROC is a nice addition. Need more New England from the AA MIA hub. It would've been nice to see AA launch something seasonal out of EWR but I think B6 in that partnership has it covered as it's basically a Focus City for them (it was noted on Wikipedia but then removed recently).

MaxTrimm wrote:
AmericanAir88 wrote:

There is SO MUCH capacity on New York-Florida this Spring/Summer. I feel like there are more lucrative places to spend money than there. Especially will all these P2P routes they’re announcing, I’d say this is hurting JFK’s chances at Florida this Summer.

I recall in August 2007 flying AA on LGA-MCO on a 757 both ways. It was an easy upgrade to F as a Gold. Those were the days.

I also recall flying AA for Spring Break in High School on JFK-MCO on a 757 in April 2003 back in the old T-8. That was pretty typical for them at the time though.

USAirALB wrote:
jplatts wrote:
AVLAirlineFreq wrote:

I can't speak for CHO, but PVD/ROC/SYR all had service to DFW at one point.

DFW-PVD was served by a S80, and DFW-ROC/SYR were all CR7s. AA remarked at the time (I believe to ALB media orgs) that they wanted to fly DFW-ALB but the flight was outside of the CR7's range and they had no other suitable aircraft for the route (this was before the E-Jets came into service).

I remember that. SYR-DFW I think was on a CR7 by the Late-2000s. I think AA also flew DFW-BUF on the S80 for a while but can't remember.

The bottom line with PVD is it's sandwiched between BOS and BDL which AA already has respectable presences at. They probably think it's not worth even trying.

Ishrion wrote:
DFW-BGR operating with A319, DFW-BTV with E175

Behind a paywall: https://www.bizjournals.com/dallas/news ... outes.html

Both huge surprises. BTV-DFW might be the longest nonstop route out of BTV (unless UA still operates BTV-DEN?) Nice to see it nonetheless as that airport is tiny.