Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

airlineworker

Re: AA announces a slew of new leisure routes for summer

Thu Apr 15, 2021 12:21 am

RL757PVD wrote:
ok I fine I forgot MHT and HVN... but pre covid, and currently, PVD is the 2nd largest AA station in terms of seats outside of the major cities and BDL, hopefully they don't lose that focus with the B6 partnership in BOS.

Wife took the HVN-PHL flight on Monday and it only had 2 seats left. HVN has a large catchment area and yet no response from the majors. HVN loads have been good lately and climbing in spite of AA assigning an inferior hub, PHL, terrible flight times resulting in very few possible connections in PHL and only five days a week. Last July AA had planned two HVN-CLT flights, those would have done very well. Even now AA only assigns RJ's from BDL and PVD to PHL but mostly mainline to CLT.
CLT-BDL 752 daily seats, PHL-BDL 228 seats, CLT-PVD 452 daily seats, PHL-PVD 188 seats.
Still hoping for UA with CRJ550's to ORD and G4 to Florida.

AmericanAir88

Thu Apr 15, 2021 12:25 am

MaxTrimm wrote:
AmericanAir88 wrote:
Still waiting for JFK-LAS to return. LAS will be packed in the summer judging by my recent visit last week

Why doesn’t AA be more adventurous with JFK? Return JFK-SXM/SJU/GCM/SEA/LAS (of course) and try out maybe JFK-Florida places/SLC

There is SO MUCH capacity on New York-Florida this Spring/Summer. I feel like there are more lucrative places to spend money than there. Especially will all these P2P routes they’re announcing, I’d say this is hurting JFK’s chances at Florida this Summer.

What about the west coast and Caribbean?

AmericanAir88

Thu Apr 15, 2021 12:27 am

MaxTrimm wrote:
AmericanAir88 wrote:
Still waiting for JFK-LAS to return. LAS will be packed in the summer judging by my recent visit last week

Why doesn’t AA be more adventurous with JFK? Return JFK-SXM/SJU/GCM/SEA/LAS (of course) and try out maybe JFK-Florida places/SLC

There is SO MUCH capacity on New York-Florida this Spring/Summer. I feel like there are more lucrative places to spend money than there. Especially will all these P2P routes they’re announcing, I’d say this is hurting JFK’s chances at Florida this Summer.

Makes sense for Florida. Plus the ULCCs and B6 claim EWR and LGA for other considerations. Why doesn’t AA try more JFK to West coast or Caribbean? GCM, CUR, and SXM could use a boost in NYC flying.

Maybe even being back..... LAS and SEA.

ContinentalEWR

Thu Apr 15, 2021 12:33 am

AmericanAir88 wrote:
MaxTrimm wrote:
AmericanAir88 wrote:

Makes sense for Florida. Plus the ULCCs and B6 claim EWR and LGA for other considerations. Why doesn’t AA try more JFK to West coast or Caribbean? GCM, CUR, and SXM could use a boost in NYC flying.

Unlikely AA will add more Caribbean out of JFK. It has B6 for that now although I am not entirely clear as to whether the agreement has JFK-Caribbean in scope, but B6 does the flying at a much lower cost base than AA. As for SEA and LAS, they were suspended in 2019 under the slot waiver program associated with the Carnarsie Approach runway rehabilitation and have not been restarted. I guess AA can lean on AS for SEA and again, B6 for LAS.

Brickell305

Thu Apr 15, 2021 12:45 am

AmericanAir88 wrote:
MaxTrimm wrote:
AmericanAir88 wrote:

Didn't AA already add more NYC-Caribbean. I believe UVF and PLS were added. GCM is still heavily restricted in terms of entry AFAIK. SXM is winter seasonal I believe, SJU is unlikely to return and CUR is better served from MIA where they can maximize connections.

mjgbtv

Thu Apr 15, 2021 12:59 am

N649DL wrote:
Ishrion wrote:
DFW-BGR operating with A319, DFW-BTV with E175

Behind a paywall: https://www.bizjournals.com/dallas/news ... outes.html

Both huge surprises. BTV-DFW might be the longest nonstop route out of BTV (unless UA still operates BTV-DEN?) Nice to see it nonetheless as that airport is tiny.

Both UA and F9 are scheduled to operate BTV-DEN this summer. However, BTV-DFW will certainly be the longest RJ route out of BTV, and one of the longer ones anywhere.

Ishrion

Thu Apr 15, 2021 2:21 am

WaywardMemphian wrote:

But if... I got my MEM/LAX and yours come to fruition and the precovid flights come back it would be

MEM- DFW/ORD/CTL/MIA/LGA/DCA/PHL/PHX/LAX/AUS/RDU/BOS/IND

That is 13 Destinations without any Sat onlys which I could see CUN and more MCO possible on seasonal basis.

Does that qualify as a 'focus city' ?

It's a matter of perspective. If AA were to launch MEM-AUS/RDU/BOS/IND, you could consider it a focus city, or MEM is a destination being added from focus cities.

AA doesn't seem to consider AUS a focus city even with the recent additions of AUS-LAS/MCO/TPA/IAD/BNA/MSY/RDU/ASE/VPS and now NAS.

knope2001

Thu Apr 15, 2021 2:42 am

GSPSPOT wrote:
Didn't MKE-MIA less than daily start already, or was it a victim of the pandemic?

It did run -- it was scheduled as Saturday-only from (if I recall correctly) November through early April but ended. Now it's being brought back for summer Saturdays as well.

DeltaRules

Thu Apr 15, 2021 3:01 am

MLIAA wrote:
clrd4t8koff wrote:
MLIAA wrote:

I don’t disagree with you, but I would think DAB would get ORD or DCA service before BOS.

Huh? BOS already has both DCA & ORD service :roll:

I’m saying I think we’ll see DAB-DCA or DAB-ORD before DAB-BOS.

And DAB has an SCASD bid in for just that (ORD and/or DCA/IAD, the latter obviously being with UA).

rjbesikof

Thu Apr 15, 2021 3:21 am

AVLAirlineFreq wrote:
Saturday only service from MCO to BNA, PIT, RDU, DAY, BHM, SDF, IND, and MEM.

Daily service between RDU and BNA.

Saturday only service for RDU-VPS, AUS-NAS, MIA-BGR, MIA-HSV, MIA-MKE, MIA-ROC.

New service between DFW and BTV and BGR (Saturday only then daily).

Widebody 777 service exclusively on MIA-JFK and MIA-LAX.

Expanded widebody service on 787 and 777 equipment to Caribbean and Latin America.

https://thepointsguy.com/news/american- ... ce=twitter

According to JonNYC, LAX-MIA will have 5/6 flights on 77Ws in June (the other will be on a 772). In normal non-pandemic times, there was one 777 per day (when SYD and HND were on the 777, LAX-MIA was on a 77W). To go from one to SIX widebody flights shows just how popular Florida is going to be this year.
https://twitter.com/xJonNYC/status/1371097761324675073

FSDan

Thu Apr 15, 2021 5:06 am

rjbesikof wrote:
According to JonNYC, LAX-MIA will have 5/6 flights on 77Ws in June (the other will be on a 772). In normal non-pandemic times, there was one 777 per day (when SYD and HND were on the 777, LAX-MIA was on a 77W). To go from one to SIX widebody flights shows just how popular Florida is going to be this year.

Dang, that's some major lift. I guess with LHR flying way down, HKG suspended, etc. this is a good way to utilize the 77W fleet. I hope the market supports it!

panam330

Thu Apr 15, 2021 7:52 am

N649DL wrote:
I remember that. SYR-DFW I think was on a CR7 by the Late-2000s. I think AA also flew DFW-BUF on the S80 for a while but can't remember.

SYR/ROC-DFW were CR7s, and DFW-BUF was an S80 the first time. AA resumed BUF on a 319 in 2018 or 2019, however.

MAH4546

Thu Apr 15, 2021 8:55 am

FSDan wrote:
rjbesikof wrote:

Dang, that's some major lift. I guess with LHR flying way down, HKG suspended, etc. this is a good way to utilize the 77W fleet. I hope the market supports it!

It's really not as much as it seems. The market is massive. It's good.

Also, AA needs to aggressively compete with jetBlue on product now, and lie-flats are important in this market.

B752OS

Thu Apr 15, 2021 2:30 pm

FSDan wrote:
rjbesikof wrote:

Fares have been dirt cheap on LAX-MIA throughout the pandemic, and appear to be going forward as well. You could easily buy a r/t ticket for under $300. Look at May, $157 r/t tickets can be had. Even in June $300-$375 r/t is nice a cheap. July $257 r/t. This is a big win for consumers. Of course it's a big market, but you could also say low fares have helped keep some demand going.

Brickell305

Fri Apr 16, 2021 4:21 pm

B752OS wrote:
FSDan wrote:
rjbesikof wrote:

Fares have been dirt cheap on LAX-MIA throughout the pandemic, and appear to be going forward as well. You could easily buy a r/t ticket for under $300. Look at May, $157 r/t tickets can be had. Even in June $300-$375 r/t is nice a cheap. July $257 r/t. This is a big win for consumers. Of course it's a big market, but you could also say low fares have helped keep some demand going.

With B6 and AA both upping capacity the way they have, I expect LAX-MIA/FLL will see low fares for a while. As you said, you can consistently get it for under $200 RT currently.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos