Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

AmericanAir88
Topic Author

Frontier at NYC (JFK?)

Tue Apr 27, 2021 6:06 pm

I am looking into booking on F9 and when I clicked on a promotion, they stated my airport of departure as being JFK. I have no idea if this is a bug or a subtle hint of F9 to JFK? (https://imgur.com/gallery/0I3VQvh)

Also, how is F9 performing in NYC

Nicknuzzii

Re: Frontier at NYC (JFK?)

Tue Apr 27, 2021 6:10 pm

I wouldn’t be surprised to see them go to JFK. They have performed very poorly at EWR though.

AmericanAir88
Topic Author

Tue Apr 27, 2021 6:12 pm

Nicknuzzii wrote:
I wouldn’t be surprised to see them go to JFK. They have performed very poorly at EWR though.

Poorly during just the pandemic? Or was it poor pre-pandemic. Where do you see that they did poorly. Most F9 flights i've been on out of EWR are packed.

What about LGA? Also, think the photo I snagged has any insight? I think JFK-DEN could work.

Thank you.

Nicknuzzii

Tue Apr 27, 2021 6:17 pm

AmericanAir88 wrote:
Nicknuzzii wrote:

Poorly during just the pandemic? Or was it poor pre-pandemic. Where do you see that they did poorly. Most F9 flights i've been on out of EWR are packed.

What about LGA? Also, think the photo I snagged has any insight? I think JFK-DEN could work.

Thank you.

They did great at EWR prepandemic. They actually planned to open a crew base there. I’m also not sure how they perform so bad cause as you mentioned, the flights are indeed full. They have cut so many destinations though including, ONT/DEN/ORD/MYR/STI/SDQ/RDU.

floridaflyboy

Tue Apr 27, 2021 6:35 pm

Nicknuzzii wrote:

What's your legitimate source that they've performed "very poorly" at EWR? And please don't say you "know someone at the airport."
Good goes around!

maps4ltd

Tue Apr 27, 2021 6:47 pm

I haven't heard of F9 performing poorly at EWR. Sure, they've shuffled around destinations a lot, but they do that literally everwhere.
Next flights:
Who knows? :/

Nicknuzzii

Tue Apr 27, 2021 6:57 pm

floridaflyboy wrote:
Nicknuzzii wrote:

What's your legitimate source that they've performed "very poorly" at EWR? And please don't say you "know someone at the airport."

It’s a pretty good source when they cut the station in half.

Sdmccray1984

Tue Apr 27, 2021 6:59 pm

As a kid I fondly recall flying NK out of JFK when I’d visit family in South Carolina. Not sure why they ever left JFK; Spirit saved tons of money by paying for SLOTS instead of leasing gates there. Think of the number of gaps between a lot of those jumbos heading to Asia(AM) and arriving from Europe(PM). Spirit would “get in where they fit in.” I believe F9 could similarly find a niche there by squeezing in at T1, for instance.

PI4EVR

Tue Apr 27, 2021 7:29 pm

AmericanAir88 wrote:
I am looking into booking on F9 and when I clicked on a promotion, they stated my airport of departure as being JFK. I have no idea if this is a bug or a subtle hint of F9 to JFK? (https://imgur.com/gallery/0I3VQvh)

Did you request a flight schedule and fare by dates you intend to travel? Were there $25 fares from JFK going anywhere on any airline?
The Frontier website does not show JFK under the city tab for New York, and the latest Newsroom announcements for new service was dated April 13 and 15th respectively. Unlikely F9 would make mention of a new airport service and intro fares to sell without announcing it in advance and actually provide the ability to book said new service.

LASVegan

Tue Apr 27, 2021 7:38 pm

Sdmccray1984 wrote:
As a kid I fondly recall flying NK out of JFK when I’d visit family in South Carolina. Not sure why they ever left JFK; Spirit saved tons of money by paying for SLOTS instead of leasing gates there. Think of the number of gaps between a lot of those jumbos heading to Asia(AM) and arriving from Europe(PM). Spirit would “get in where they fit in.” I believe F9 could similarly find a niche there by squeezing in at T1, for instance.

I’m pretty sure NK never served JFK. They did serve ISP on and off from the late 90s to 2008. They’ve served LGA and EWR since the mid 90s to today (LGA has been continuous, EWR has been off and on).

With their dartboard approach, no new markets by F9 would absolutely stun me. However I would be surprised by JFK. It seems to me that F9 can amply serve NYC via EWR, LGA, and ISP. I don’t see JFK offering them something. That the other 3 cannot.

AmericanAir88
Topic Author

Tue Apr 27, 2021 7:48 pm

PI4EVR wrote:
AmericanAir88 wrote:

Did you request a flight schedule and fare by dates you intend to travel? Were there $25 fares from JFK going anywhere on any airline?
The Frontier website does not show JFK under the city tab for New York, and the latest Newsroom announcements for new service was dated April 13 and 15th respectively. Unlikely F9 would make mention of a new airport service and intro fares to sell without announcing it in advance and actually provide the ability to book said new service.

I clicked "Book Now" on the email. The $25 buck flight was LGA-MIA. Curious why JFK was listed.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos