Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

 
Blerg
Topic Author
Posts: 4813
Joined: Tue Jan 09, 2018 11:42 am

JU launches ROV, Resumes KRR and LED, boosts frequencies

Thu Apr 29, 2021 1:46 pm

Good afternoon,

Good news coming from Air Serbia which will restore some routes, boost existing ones and launch a new one.

Starting from 04 June JU will resume 2 weekly flights to Krasnodar.
Starting from 04 June JU will launch 2 weekly flights to Rostov.
Starting from 08 June JU will resume 2 weekly flights to St. Petersburg

JU has also increased several destinations in its network.

BEG-SVO 4 to 7
BEG-CDG 9 to 10
BEG-LCA 4 to 5 (From June)
BEG-OSL 2 to 3 (From June)

All changes can be booked on the airline's website.

From Monday JU will restore its flights to FCO to be operated twice per week, every Monday and Friday.
 
mxaxai
Posts: 2595
Joined: Sat Jun 18, 2016 7:29 am

Re: JU launches ROV, Resumes KRR and LED, boosts frequencies

Thu Apr 29, 2021 2:09 pm

I am a bit surprised that there's so much demand from Serbia to rural Russia. LED and SVO I can understand but KRR and ROV are unexpected.
 
A330Inter
Posts: 128
Joined: Tue Dec 03, 2019 3:59 pm

Re: JU launches ROV, Resumes KRR and LED, boosts frequencies

Thu Apr 29, 2021 4:04 pm

If I'm not mistaken, KRR and ROV airports are managed by the same company/authority and I know for a fact that the incentive program is quite generous when you serve both airports.
Demand must be sufficient now to stimulate traffic on both routes.
Wasn't KRR frequency 3x weekly before? Now KRR and ROV would total 4x weekly which is a reasonable growth approach!
Good for JU!
 
Blerg
Topic Author
Posts: 4813
Joined: Tue Jan 09, 2018 11:42 am

Re: JU launches ROV, Resumes KRR and LED, boosts frequencies

Thu Apr 29, 2021 4:15 pm

A330Inter wrote:
If I'm not mistaken, KRR and ROV airports are managed by the same company/authority and I know for a fact that the incentive program is quite generous when you serve both airports.
Demand must be sufficient now to stimulate traffic on both routes.
Wasn't KRR frequency 3x weekly before? Now KRR and ROV would total 4x weekly which is a reasonable growth approach!
Good for JU!


ROV was announced before covid and then it was postponed, personally I was surprised to see it brought back. It will offer good connectivity not only to western Europe but also to some seaside destinations like Cyprus, Greece, Montenegro, Albania...
 
User avatar
SQ22
Moderator
Posts: 2263
Joined: Sat Feb 25, 2012 9:29 am

Re: JU launches ROV, Resumes KRR and LED, boosts frequencies

Thu Apr 29, 2021 4:16 pm

Please keep politics out of this thread, I do understand that you can't keep the current situation out of this discussion, but this is not the thread to discuss if the figures are manipulated by the government or not. This belongs into Non-Aviation. Thanks.
 
User avatar
aemoreira1981
Posts: 3822
Joined: Mon Jan 09, 2017 12:17 am

Re: JU launches ROV, Resumes KRR and LED, boosts frequencies

Thu Apr 29, 2021 4:24 pm

Not surprised about SVO. Aeroflot has upgauged BEG from an A321 to an A333 or a B77W on some days. Air Serbia will likely use the A320 or the A332.
 
Blerg
Topic Author
Posts: 4813
Joined: Tue Jan 09, 2018 11:42 am

Re: JU launches ROV, Resumes KRR and LED, boosts frequencies

Thu Apr 29, 2021 4:26 pm

aemoreira1981 wrote:
Not surprised about SVO. Aeroflot has upgauged BEG from an A321 to an A333 or a B77W on some days. Air Serbia will likely use the A320 or the A332.


SU sent the A333 today, A320 tomorrow and B77W on Saturday. JU on the other hand has upgraded next Sunday's flight from A319 to A330 while the morning flight on the same day is operated by A320.
 
User avatar
Aquila3
Posts: 584
Joined: Sun Nov 14, 2010 3:18 pm

Re: JU launches ROV, Resumes KRR and LED, boosts frequencies

Thu Apr 29, 2021 6:01 pm

mxaxai wrote:
I am a bit surprised that there's so much demand from Serbia to rural Russia. LED and SVO I can understand but KRR and ROV are unexpected.

KRR is business destination for food industry.
I have flown there many times before with Austrian and when they reduced their frquencies a couple of years ago, then with Aeroflot.
Austrian had a nice Fokker100 named after Krasnodar, i was on the last flight on that destination before they retired them in favor of the Ejets. Actually it was already scheduled on a Ejet but i think it went tech so the F100 had its last chance.
It is nice that JU picked up the route again, i will consider it next time, better than the detour to SVO.
chi vola vale chi vale vola chi non vola è un vile
 
Blerg
Topic Author
Posts: 4813
Joined: Tue Jan 09, 2018 11:42 am

Re: JU launches ROV, Resumes KRR and LED, boosts frequencies

Thu Apr 29, 2021 9:18 pm

Aquila3 wrote:
mxaxai wrote:
I am a bit surprised that there's so much demand from Serbia to rural Russia. LED and SVO I can understand but KRR and ROV are unexpected.

KRR is business destination for food industry.
I have flown there many times before with Austrian and when they reduced their frquencies a couple of years ago, then with Aeroflot.
Austrian had a nice Fokker100 named after Krasnodar, i was on the last flight on that destination before they retired them in favor of the Ejets. Actually it was already scheduled on a Ejet but i think it went tech so the F100 had its last chance.
It is nice that JU picked up the route again, i will consider it next time, better than the detour to SVO.


If you are flying from western Europe then JU should offer convenient connections. Before covid they were planning on boosting the route to 4 weekly but...
This route always did well as roughly 30% of the passengers were O&D so there were some better yields to improve the route's performance. OS suspended KRR the year JU launched it, don't know if they had any impact on their performance there.
 
Blerg
Topic Author
Posts: 4813
Joined: Tue Jan 09, 2018 11:42 am

Re: JU launches ROV, Resumes KRR and LED, boosts frequencies

Thu May 06, 2021 8:35 pm

Some positive news coming from Air Serbia. Here is what they posted on LinkedIn today:

'An important milestone for Air Serbia and a sign that air traffic is starting to recover - on Friday, 30 April, we transported 4,758 passengers in regular traffic, which is the largest number of passengers transported in one day since the beginning of the coronavirus pandemic. The last time we transported more passengers in a single day was on 8 March 2020, when 4,842 passengers flew with us.

Moreover, when we include charter flights, last Friday we managed to transport a total of 5,324 passengers, which would be an excellent result even before the pandemic.'

https://www.linkedin.com/company/airser ... edView=all
 
Nileblue
Posts: 42
Joined: Wed Dec 11, 2019 1:20 pm

Re: JU launches ROV, Resumes KRR and LED, boosts frequencies

Thu May 06, 2021 10:53 pm

Blerg, what’s the likelihood that JU resume BEG-CAI this summer?
 
debonair
Posts: 4209
Joined: Sat Jan 03, 2004 10:50 pm

Re: JU launches ROV, Resumes KRR and LED, boosts frequencies

Fri May 07, 2021 1:28 pm

Don't forget, Serbia is offering free vaccination to foreigners - something like "book JU and get a shot for free"... Part of this is a cooperation with Russia’s COVID-19 Sputnik V vaccine.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-heal ... SKBN2BH2HT
 
Blerg
Topic Author
Posts: 4813
Joined: Tue Jan 09, 2018 11:42 am

Re: JU launches ROV, Resumes KRR and LED, boosts frequencies

Fri May 07, 2021 3:23 pm

Nileblue wrote:
Blerg, what’s the likelihood that JU resume BEG-CAI this summer?


I would say close to 0%. Most of their passengers on the route were transfers and around 40% of them were coming from MXP a destination they currently do not fly to. They had issues with Cairo because it was too far so they couldn't offer connections both ways from/to some key destinations like CDG, AMS, ARN... it boiled down to Germany, Italy, Prague...
 
Blerg
Topic Author
Posts: 4813
Joined: Tue Jan 09, 2018 11:42 am

Re: JU launches ROV, Resumes KRR and LED, boosts frequencies

Fri May 07, 2021 3:27 pm

debonair wrote:
Don't forget, Serbia is offering free vaccination to foreigners - something like "book JU and get a shot for free"... Part of this is a cooperation with Russia’s COVID-19 Sputnik V vaccine.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-heal ... SKBN2BH2HT


Nonsense, there is no such deal with JU. For example there is an Italian tour operator that offers vaccination trips to Serbia and they work exclusively with Lufthansa. There is another organization from Eindhoven and logically they send people to BEG on Wizz from EIN.

Friday is no surprise since it's one of their strongest days when they have a lot of transfer passengers. Also, that Friday was a holiday because of Easter and people were not working until Wednesday. For example the following day JU had 7 charter flights to Hurgada.

As for vaccinations, from what I know foreigners were mostly getting Astra-Zeneca since Serbs are refusing it due to many side effects.
 
Blerg
Topic Author
Posts: 4813
Joined: Tue Jan 09, 2018 11:42 am

Re: JU launches ROV, Resumes KRR and LED, boosts frequencies

Fri May 07, 2021 3:51 pm

In other news, Air Serbia has just increased Belgrade-Tivat to 15 weekly flights starting from next week. From mid-June they will increase TIV to 24 weekly.

All flights are already on sale on the airline's website.
 
CRJockey
Posts: 320
Joined: Mon Feb 10, 2020 11:54 am

Re: JU launches ROV, Resumes KRR and LED, boosts frequencies

Fri May 07, 2021 9:33 pm

SQ22 wrote:
Please keep politics out of this thread, I do understand that you can't keep the current situation out of this discussion, but this is not the thread to discuss if the figures are manipulated by the government or not. This belongs into Non-Aviation. Thanks.


Don’t get it. Why isn’t it a relevant part of a discussion to a carriers route decision, if the numbers are politically motivated and as auch possibly tuned?

I mean, politically motivated routes have been and are still today a relevant part of the industry, especially developing countries.
 
Blerg
Topic Author
Posts: 4813
Joined: Tue Jan 09, 2018 11:42 am

Re: JU launches ROV, Resumes KRR and LED, boosts frequencies

Sat May 08, 2021 5:57 am

CRJockey wrote:
SQ22 wrote:
Please keep politics out of this thread, I do understand that you can't keep the current situation out of this discussion, but this is not the thread to discuss if the figures are manipulated by the government or not. This belongs into Non-Aviation. Thanks.


Don’t get it. Why isn’t it a relevant part of a discussion to a carriers route decision, if the numbers are politically motivated and as auch possibly tuned?

I mean, politically motivated routes have been and are still today a relevant part of the industry, especially developing countries.


He was referring to a certain guy who always comes here to repeat how the Serbian government is faking covid numbers. That's what the moderator was referring to.
 
CRJockey
Posts: 320
Joined: Mon Feb 10, 2020 11:54 am

Re: JU launches ROV, Resumes KRR and LED, boosts frequencies

Sat May 08, 2021 7:25 am

Blerg wrote:
CRJockey wrote:
SQ22 wrote:
Please keep politics out of this thread, I do understand that you can't keep the current situation out of this discussion, but this is not the thread to discuss if the figures are manipulated by the government or not. This belongs into Non-Aviation. Thanks.


Don’t get it. Why isn’t it a relevant part of a discussion to a carriers route decision, if the numbers are politically motivated and as auch possibly tuned?

I mean, politically motivated routes have been and are still today a relevant part of the industry, especially developing countries.




He was referring to a certain guy who always comes here to repeat how the Serbian government is faking covid numbers. That's what the moderator was referring to.


Ok, thanks for the explanation. Might even have a point, this guy, but that really doesn’t belong here.
 
Blerg
Topic Author
Posts: 4813
Joined: Tue Jan 09, 2018 11:42 am

Re: JU launches ROV, Resumes KRR and LED, boosts frequencies

Mon May 10, 2021 3:44 pm

Starting from June 7th, Air Serbia will be resuming night flights to Sofia. These were last operated years ago. Schedule:

BEG-SOF 00.40-02.50
SOF-BEG 05.10-05.20

They will have two weekly flights leaving Belgrade at 13.20. All flights are already in the system.
 
debonair
Posts: 4209
Joined: Sat Jan 03, 2004 10:50 pm

Re: JU launches ROV, Resumes KRR and LED, boosts frequencies

Mon May 10, 2021 10:42 pm

Blerg wrote:
Nonsense, there is no such deal with JU. For example there is an Italian tour operator that offers vaccination trips to Serbia and they work exclusively with Lufthansa.


I never said that there is a deal, but fact is, Serbia will start Sputnik V production: https://tass.com/world/1278331

This closer cooperation between Serbia and Russia is also mirrored in the uprise of flights between the 2 countries. Eventually, this might just the beginning of vaccine tourism...
 
Blerg
Topic Author
Posts: 4813
Joined: Tue Jan 09, 2018 11:42 am

Re: JU launches ROV, Resumes KRR and LED, boosts frequencies

Tue May 11, 2021 6:07 am

debonair wrote:
Blerg wrote:
Nonsense, there is no such deal with JU. For example there is an Italian tour operator that offers vaccination trips to Serbia and they work exclusively with Lufthansa.


I never said that there is a deal, but fact is, Serbia will start Sputnik V production: https://tass.com/world/1278331

This closer cooperation between Serbia and Russia is also mirrored in the uprise of flights between the 2 countries. Eventually, this might just the beginning of vaccine tourism...


Serbia is only packing it for now, production should start some time in summer.
Serbia and Russia were close before covid when there were 21 weekly flights on SU, 10 on JU and WZ had 3 to be increased to 4. Tourism was already on the rise back then. Now that Russians are banned from going to the West, many have chosen Belgrade/Serbia.

Also many are using BEG as a transfer point to the whole region. JU introduced SOF just because of SU (Bulgaria did not extend their flying permit) and I read on another portal that the first LED-BEG flight already has 68 passengers out of which 34 are transferring to Tivat.

No one is saying there is no vaccine tourism, which I think is cool, it's just not coming from Russia. It's from the region and from Western Europe.
 
Blerg
Topic Author
Posts: 4813
Joined: Tue Jan 09, 2018 11:42 am

Re: JU launches ROV, Resumes KRR and LED, boosts frequencies

Tue May 11, 2021 2:25 pm

Air Serbia's LinkedIn page is reporting that they just added another 32.832 seats from BEG to TIV which is 156 extra return flights until the end of the 2021 summer season.

In other words they are increasing BEG-TIV from 28 to 33 weekly flights.

They will have another 21 weekly rotations to TGD.

Quite a presence in Montenegro I have to say. That's 54 weekly flights or almost 8 per day!
 
Blerg
Topic Author
Posts: 4813
Joined: Tue Jan 09, 2018 11:42 am

Re: JU launches ROV, Resumes KRR and LED, boosts frequencies

Thu May 13, 2021 4:19 pm

More adds, they just loaded in the system extra flights to

7 weekly to ATH
6 weekly to LCA

All flights are in the system and they start from mid June.

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: 817Dreamliiner, aerlingus747, aircountry, ARNPEK, ATLFlyer323, Bing [Bot], Boair, Dalavia, Drucocu, EIFAK, Exyxy, Google Adsense [Bot], hongkongflyer, KFTG, lowgun, PHXBern, rbavfan, tullamarine, VCy and 266 guests

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos