Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

qf789
Topic Author

Re: Australian Aviation Thread - May 2021

Mon May 10, 2021 12:50 pm

Qantas to operate A330 to DRW from both SYD and BNE from 24 May through to end of October

https://twitter.com/theaeronetwork/stat ... 86529?s=21
Forum Moderator

BNEFlyer

Mon May 10, 2021 11:02 pm

qf2048 wrote:
BNEFlyer wrote:
SCFlyer wrote:

Reported to be positioning for a charter to BNE as part of the Super Rugby AU finals.

Correct, VH-PAG flew the Brumbies CBR-BNE-CBR, up on Saturday afternoon, back (trophy-less) Sunday afternoon. PAG then went back to MEL Sunday evening.

I did watch that game. Was a nail biter. I suppose if ZL did a good price why wouldn't they use them.
Have noticed this year one of QLD's Red's sponsors is Alliance. They have advertising at the home games and on their shorts.

And a Reds logo on an F70 that they use to fly the Reds to away games.

aerokiwi

Tue May 11, 2021 12:33 am

EK413 wrote:
melpax wrote:
Flyingsottsman wrote:
My wife just told me tonight she read on a news site on her phone, that international boarder will not open until 2022, she cant say what site she read that on, so how will that affect Qantas who was hoping that international travel may commence in October. Will their A380s have to go back into storage, and will they need to ground a couple of A330s and 787s?

Interview with ScoMo in today's Murdoch papers, where he has basically said that restrictions on International travel will be 'indefinite'. Which basically means late 2022-2023 at this stage.

Not a suprise given what's happening in India, and the slow vaccine roll-out here.

https://www.news.com.au/world/coronavir ... 4bb7b1f0cc

Even with a vaccine rolled out it’s been proven to not be effective with SYD latest quarantine return travellers testing positive even though they had the jab...

The October startup was always optimistic...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Again, the vaccines aren't designed to prevent transmission, though there is evidence that it does have some preventative impact. They are designed to prevent the illness from becoming severe and requiring hospitalisation and leading to death, essentially relegating it to flu status.

The government needs to start moving the dial on attotudes to risk if there's any hope of re-engagement with the world aka international flights. Infection case numbers aren't the metric once vaccination is largely rolled out. And we've seen how rapidly things improve once vaccination gets a wriggle on.

In other news was at Sydney Virgin domestic yesterday and there was an Air Kiribati E190E2 parked at the end of the pier. Anyone know why? Mess of a livery and almost comically large engines but looks much better up close than in images.

Also, several Jetstar 320s parked up along Virgin gates despite a near empty Jetstar terminal. Why does this happen? Does Virgin sublease them out or is it really just allocated by the airport?

Kent350787

Tue May 11, 2021 1:41 am

The E2 VH-IKJ was on a CASA proving flight SYD-BNE-ROK-SYD according to 16Right Media (hi Grahame)
S340/J31/146-300/F27/F50/Nord 262/Q100/200/E195/733/734/738/744/762/763/77W/788/789/320/321/332/333/345/359

BNEFlyer

Tue May 11, 2021 5:41 am

Kent350787 wrote:
The E2 VH-IKJ was on a CASA proving flight SYD-BNE-ROK-SYD according to 16Right Media (hi Grahame)

It seems to be constantly flying to/from BNE, SYD, WTB (it flew over my place on approach from SYD yesterday). Probably not the first time it's been to ROK either.

I do wonder if Air Kiribati will ever get a hold of it.

An767

Tue May 11, 2021 10:56 pm

Question for anybody in the know. I am doing 4 flights next month on QF. As an Asthmatic I am not obliged to wear a mask, do I need to give any sort of proof apart from showing my medication if requested?
Thanks in advance
AN767
If its got wings put me on it. If it floats on water take it away

LTEN11

Tue May 11, 2021 11:41 pm

An767 wrote:
Question for anybody in the know. I am doing 4 flights next month on QF. As an Asthmatic I am not obliged to wear a mask, do I need to give any sort of proof apart from showing my medication if requested?
Thanks in advance
AN767

I would advise getting a medical certificate from your doctor.

qf789
Topic Author

Wed May 12, 2021 2:14 am

Qantas pushes back date of international flights to 19 December 21, previously was end of October however the new date still seems optimistic after it was revealed in last nights budget that international borders would likely be closed to mid 2022

https://www.qantasnewsroom.com.au/featu ... -services/
Forum Moderator

qf789
Topic Author

Wed May 12, 2021 5:56 am

REX doesn’t deny some flights have only seen 20 passengers onboard flying SYD-MEL, other routes are performing better, hopes to have 10 737’s by the end of the year

https://financialpost.com/pmn/business- ... urne-route
Forum Moderator

cx777fan

Thu May 13, 2021 10:16 am

An767 wrote:
Thanks in advance
AN767

I was on a JQ flight the other day where a pax just mentioned to the FA upon boarding that they were exempt from wearing a mask. No questions asked. Though as already mentioned, probably best to carry something from your GP in case your flights have CSMs who are more vigilant than the very over-it-looking JQ cabin manager....

ABpositive

Thu May 13, 2021 11:10 am

LTEN11 wrote:
An767 wrote:
Thanks in advance
AN767

I would advise getting a medical certificate from your doctor.

Perhaps also a T-shirt saying you're asthmatic in case you start getting funny looks from other passangers ;)

777luver

Thu May 13, 2021 3:25 pm

How is the vaccine rollout in Australia going?

tullamarine

Thu May 13, 2021 9:20 pm

777luver wrote:

It's been slow but starting to accelerate now. About 20% of adults have received at least 1 dose. Over 50s get Astra Zeneca. Under 50's get Pfizer but supply is still limited so only high risk workers or disabled are able to access it currently. Hopefully this will be overcome in next month or so and towards the end of the year everyone will have access and be able to receive A-Z, Pfizer or Moderna vaccines.

Governments in Australia are being very conservative so are unlikely to reopen international borders until program is complete. Announcement this week has general border reopening around the middle of 2022 but that is not firm and it may come forward or go back depending on the virus and the global vaccine rollout.
717, 721/2, 732/3/4/5/7/8/9, 742/3/4, 752/3, 762/3, 772/E/W, 788/9, 300,310, 319,320/1, 332/3, 359, 388, DC9, DC10, F28, F100, 142,143, E75/90, CR2, D82/3/4, SF3, ATR

qf2220

Thu May 13, 2021 9:36 pm

tullamarine wrote:
Announcement this week has general border reopening around the middle of 2022 but that is not firm and it may come forward or go back depending on the virus and the
global vaccine rollout.

Its worth noting that this announcement was pushing the date back from previous announcements. Our border opening date was originally September 2020 and it just gets moved back and back and back each time. Truth is no-one knows and the Federal govt is really giving clueless guidance.

a36001

Thu May 13, 2021 10:00 pm

cx777fan wrote:
An767 wrote:
Thanks in advance
AN767

I was on a JQ flight the other day where a pax just mentioned to the FA upon boarding that they were exempt from wearing a mask. No questions asked. Though as already mentioned, probably best to carry something from your GP in case your flights have CSMs who are more vigilant than the very over-it-looking JQ cabin manager....

haha the amount of passengers arguing they have a 'medical condition or 'I can't breath' per day, its very understandable they'd be 'over it'! Highly recommend you carry a medical certificate with you, if the crew don't ask you some busy body passenger surely will.. I am Asthmatic as well and I have no problem wearing one for a domestic flight. As an Asthmatic you really don't want to take a risk and get a illness like COVID! I'd just wear a mask! :D

tullamarine

Fri May 14, 2021 7:03 am

With Singapore looking to return to semi-lockdown conditions for about a month due to a rise in infections, principally centred around Changi itself, it appears unlikely that there is any hope of a bubble between AU and SG anytime soon.
717, 721/2, 732/3/4/5/7/8/9, 742/3/4, 752/3, 762/3, 772/E/W, 788/9, 300,310, 319,320/1, 332/3, 359, 388, DC9, DC10, F28, F100, 142,143, E75/90, CR2, D82/3/4, SF3, ATR

zkncj

Fri May 14, 2021 7:38 am

tullamarine wrote:
777luver wrote:

It's been slow but starting to accelerate now. About 20% of adults have received at least 1 dose. Over 50s get Astra Zeneca. Under 50's get Pfizer but supply is still limited so only high risk workers or disabled are able to access it currently. Hopefully this will be overcome in next month or so and towards the end of the year everyone will have access and be able to receive A-Z, Pfizer or Moderna vaccines.

Governments in Australia are being very conservative so are unlikely to reopen international borders until program is complete. Announcement this week has general border reopening around the middle of 2022 but that is not firm and it may come forward or go back depending on the virus and the global vaccine rollout.

Which is when the idea of ‘travel bubbles’ is going to come crashing down... With New Zealand today now saying that the boarders could open to vaccinated travellers this year, once the at risk group of the population is vaccinated.
New Zealand is no longer waiting for the majority of the population to have been vaccinated, which could mess up the Tasman bubble of Australia is waiting for everyone to be vaccinated.

aerokiwi

Fri May 14, 2021 11:27 am

The border opening is 50% dependent on vaccination rates and 50% on when the next election is. Voters have been so cowered by the neverendig fear message that tthey have been solidly rewarding incumbent governments in their re elections. Seriously, politicos and bureaucrats all over have been blown away at how compliant the electorate has been.

If Morrison goes early and they are over 50% fully vaccinated by October you can expect things to be opening by Christmas.

DavidByrne

Fri May 14, 2021 11:47 am

zkncj wrote:
New Zealand is no longer waiting for the majority of the population to have been vaccinated, which could mess up the Tasman bubble of Australia is waiting for everyone to be vaccinated.

I think that’s a misinterpretation of the NZ government’s position. They are talking about possibly reopening borders this year, and if that’s late in the year then yes, the majority of NZers should by then have been vaccinated. But there’s no clear decision on the timing of the reopening or what proportion of the population need to be vaccinated before that can occur. Given the huge uncertainties remaining about the progress of the virus, they would be foolish to commit now, as would Australia IMO.
This is not my beautiful house . . . This is not my beautiful wife

mrkerr7474

Sat May 15, 2021 10:50 pm

Been looking at trying to book flights using our flight credits with Qantas, has anyone else been having issues where it won't allow you to book online using the credit and says you have to book over the phone instead?

There are a couple of credits we are trying to book via online and we always get the same errors / saying voucher not valid online. It's all good and well saying we have to book over the phone but we currently know how that is going... As example, was on the phone for over 4.5hours yesterday and still never got through to anyone. They also seem to have gotten rid of the call back service and removed what the wait time is as well as those weren't options on the phone. Have also tried contacting via Facebook / Instagram with no response either.

It's very easy to use flight credit vouchers on Jetstar and even Air NZ, you'd think QF would be easier as well

Anyone else been having these issues or know of a way of finally contacting Qantas?

Dalavia

Sat May 15, 2021 11:23 pm

mrkerr7474 wrote:
Been looking at trying to book flights using our flight credits with Qantas, has anyone else been having issues where it won't allow you to book online using the credit and says you have to book over the phone instead?

There are a couple of credits we are trying to book via online and we always get the same errors / saying voucher not valid online. It's all good and well saying we have to book over the phone but we currently know how that is going... As example, was on the phone for over 4.5hours yesterday and still never got through to anyone. They also seem to have gotten rid of the call back service and removed what the wait time is as well as those weren't options on the phone. Have also tried contacting via Facebook / Instagram with no response either.

It's very easy to use flight credit vouchers on Jetstar and even Air NZ, you'd think QF would be easier as well

Anyone else been having these issues or know of a way of finally contacting Qantas?

I have used several flight credits with Qantas. The starting point isn't very intuitive, but once you find the right page, it's quick and easy.

The trick I found is NOT to start on the normal booking page and then try to use the voucher as payment - that's what I tried at first, but it doesn't work.

You need to start in the top right corner of the page and access your bookings. One of the bookings shown should be your voucher (using the booking reference of the flight you cancelled). Access the voucher that way, and then start to enter the new flight date you want to book.

mrkerr7474

Sun May 16, 2021 1:09 am

Dalavia wrote:
mrkerr7474 wrote:

I have used several flight credits with Qantas. The starting point isn't very intuitive, but once you find the right page, it's quick and easy.

The trick I found is NOT to start on the normal booking page and then try to use the voucher as payment - that's what I tried at first, but it doesn't work.

You need to start in the top right corner of the page and access your bookings. One of the bookings shown should be your voucher (using the booking reference of the flight you cancelled). Access the voucher that way, and then start to enter the new flight date you want to book.

I think I have tried all options that seem to be available. As you mentioned above, access my account and the bookings page before accessing the voucher that way. It sadly still does not work however. On my page that's where it tells me my voucher is not valid online (though funnily last year when I was looking at the process but not able to book, it was working fine - before Tasman borders were open). Through my morhers / aunts page doing the same process, it just comes up with errors or nothing loads at all. Very frustrating process

cx777fan

Sun May 16, 2021 11:05 am

mrkerr7474 wrote:
Dalavia wrote:
mrkerr7474 wrote:

I think I have tried all options that seem to be available. As you mentioned above, access my account and the bookings page before accessing the voucher that way. It sadly still does not work however. On my page that's where it tells me my voucher is not valid online (though funnily last year when I was looking at the process but not able to book, it was working fine - before Tasman borders were open). Through my morhers / aunts page doing the same process, it just comes up with errors or nothing loads at all. Very frustrating process

I had a very similar experience a month or so ago. Upon navigating the the page that listed my credits, I got a message saying I had to call to book. Hold time was >3 hours (as a Gold ff...). Once I got through the agent was quick and efficient. I think in my case the credit was first issued with an expiry date of mid 2021 and subsequently extended when QF stretched out the deadline for all credits. The extension possibly coincided with when the book now page changed to the message to call to redeem. So you probably have no choice but to call and wait... The Chaser had a great headline on social media the other day: Image of a frustrated person on the phone with the caption "major company experiencing unusually high call volumes again today for the 435th day in a row". Sums up QF perfectly. They seem totally disinterested in opening a new call centre or augmenting their current ones.

aerokiwi

Sun May 16, 2021 11:17 pm

Has there been any indication of how much larger the Virgin 737 fleet is likely to grow to this year?

Just going by Airfleets, which can be a bit hit and miss, there are 56 in service, including the 2 73Gs and one 738 still parked but 17 stored - predominantly VU- and YF- registered. Assuming no short haul international this year and the existing 737 fleet is still at, what, 80% utilisation, is there any prospect of further growth or will that have to wait? And if so, presumably they'd focus on the newer YF- birds, maybe?

I guess it's harder to know now with the company going private, but just haven't kept up with the media on it.

tullamarine

Sun May 16, 2021 11:49 pm

aerokiwi wrote:
Has there been any indication of how much larger the Virgin 737 fleet is likely to grow to this year?

Just going by Airfleets, which can be a bit hit and miss, there are 56 in service, including the 2 73Gs and one 738 still parked but 17 stored - predominantly VU- and YF- registered. Assuming no short haul international this year and the existing 737 fleet is still at, what, 80% utilisation, is there any prospect of further growth or will that have to wait? And if so, presumably they'd focus on the newer YF- birds, maybe?

I guess it's harder to know now with the company going private, but just haven't kept up with the media on it.

Apparently they plan on growing by 10 737s this year, 3 of these have already arrived. They are all birds that previously flew with VA so are fully fitted out and in VA livery already. They are only returning newer leased 737s. These are those that have BSI interiors and previously flew with YF* and YW* registrations. Some of these are returning with different registrations (same beach names) from which they previously operated. Older planes with the old 737 interior (principally VU* registrations) not already back in the fleet are unlikely to return though they may end up with ZL.

a320fan

Mon May 17, 2021 12:55 am

Air Seychelles A320neo S7-PTI has brought the Australian cricketers home from the Maldives. Operated MLE-PER-SYD. A unique visitor to Australian skies, would have been a great spot, FR24 shows it still on the ground in SYD. Hopefully it departs in daylight and we get some good spotters photos. Stunning livery.
A319, A320, A321, A330-200, A350-900, A380, 737-700, 737-800, 777-200ER, 777-300, 777-300ER, 787-8, Q300, Q400

EK413

Mon May 17, 2021 1:47 am

a320fan wrote:
Air Seychelles A320neo S7-PTI has brought the Australian cricketers home from the Maldives. Operated MLE-PER-SYD. A unique visitor to Australian skies, would have been a great spot, FR24 shows it still on the ground in SYD. Hopefully it departs in daylight and we get some good spotters photos. Stunning livery.

@aussiepomm

‘Pti Merl Dezil’ - (S7-PTI) as @airseychelles_hm 9961 with Australian cricketers & officials returning back to Australia after the Indian Premier League was suspended.

After escaping India, the players and officials were taken to the Maldives for 14 days, and routing from Male (MLE/VRMM) was via Perth (PER/YPPH) for a tech-stop, and arrived in some glorious light on 34L @sydneyairport (SYD/YSSY)this morning.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Good evening, ladies and gentlemen. We are tonight’s entertainment!

ben175

Mon May 17, 2021 4:32 am

Flew ZL for the first time on SYD-MEL today and was really impressed. The crew were the friendliest I’ve had on domestic flights in a very long time and obviously take great pride in the company. Snack was yummy too. The VA headrest colours are pretty laughable though - I overheard some people questioning them saying they were on the wrong airline!

Load factor was about 70% from what I could sense so seems like things are picking up. Those $39 fares are obviously working!

Have already booked my next trip to SYD with them.

Foopz

Mon May 17, 2021 9:41 am

a320fan wrote:

Scheduled to arrive at 0900 into PER tomorrow (and back out at 1000 to MLE), so you'd expect it'll be leaving SYD just before / around sunrise.
Hopefully some Perth based spotters will be active.

myki

Mon May 17, 2021 10:02 am

[*]
a320fan wrote:

Pre-covid, I had wondered if HM would make a play for PER being that SA were dying a slow and painful death.

mrkerr7474

Mon May 17, 2021 10:17 am

cx777fan wrote:
mrkerr7474 wrote:
Dalavia wrote:

I had a very similar experience a month or so ago. Upon navigating the the page that listed my credits, I got a message saying I had to call to book. Hold time was >3 hours (as a Gold ff...). Once I got through the agent was quick and efficient. I think in my case the credit was first issued with an expiry date of mid 2021 and subsequently extended when QF stretched out the deadline for all credits. The extension possibly coincided with when the book now page changed to the message to call to redeem. So you probably have no choice but to call and wait... The Chaser had a great headline on social media the other day: Image of a frustrated person on the phone with the caption "major company experiencing unusually high call volumes again today for the 435th day in a row". Sums up QF perfectly. They seem totally disinterested in opening a new call centre or augmenting their current ones.

That does sound like a pretty similar situation and you could well be right to be fair. My mother actually finally got through this morning after another hour wait (smallest wait by far for over a year+) where the customer service agent in the call centre in SA basically said that because the flight credit had been extended further beyond the first expiry date, the booking actually is no longer valid and can only be reactivated again if you call QF, otherwise it just stays invalid and basically QF walk away with your money. The customer service agent went on to say there's actually a systems issue with QF at the moment which is causing these issues and until it's fixed (who knows how long that will be or if they are even attempting to fix it) then it will be the same repetitive story. Long to ridiculously long wait times and can only do things over the phone.

They should have taken a leaf out of Jetstars book from the start with how they are working flight credits because it's worked wonders multiple times and incredibly simply to use.

That quote is absolutely spot on as well. They've become very disinterested in general customer service and I get most things are going online nowadays, but you don't forget about your ultimate bottom line in a business, customer service

cx777fan

Mon May 17, 2021 11:03 am

mrkerr7474 wrote:
They should have taken a leaf out of Jetstars book from the start with how they are working flight credits because it's worked wonders multiple times and incredibly simply to use.

Speaking of JQ, I had to ring them last week to change the return leg on a holiday flight after the outbound leg had already been taken. To my surprise (after the ordeal of calling the parent red roo), the call was answered immediately by a very competent and professional agent who sorted the change quickly with no fuss or bother whatsoever. That's pretty consistent with all my half a dozen or so calls over the years to JQ's Manilla call centre. Rarely much wait time and agents who are generally on the ball.

Foopz

Mon May 17, 2021 11:29 am

myki wrote:
[*]
a320fan wrote:

Pre-covid, I had wondered if HM would make a play for PER being that SA were dying a slow and painful death.

Air Mauritius could only support a 2 per week service MRU-PER with a growing number of pax using it for South African connections, and the additional 3rd weekly service they did operate during peak season was cut back in 2019 and 2020 pre-covid so there was no indication that they would expand even if we did see an SAA collapse. SAA still managed daily or 6 weekly service even during the peak of their financial crisis.
If MU barely supported the route I doubt HM could, although if HM got their hands on an A321XLR I could see them giving it a shot.

eta unknown

Mon May 17, 2021 4:08 pm

IIRC the PER-MRU & MRU-JNB flights did not connect in one direction.

myki

Tue May 18, 2021 12:00 am

HM are a shadow of their former selves, and even then they weren't huge. Anyway, even though a once-off, good to see their fabulous livery on our shores.

qf789
Topic Author

Tue May 18, 2021 1:20 am

REX announces double daily MEL-CBR flights starting from 10 June

https://twitter.com/rexairlines/status/ ... 69984?s=21
Forum Moderator

mrkerr7474

Tue May 18, 2021 1:53 am

cx777fan wrote:
mrkerr7474 wrote:

Speaking of JQ, I had to ring them last week to change the return leg on a holiday flight after the outbound leg had already been taken. To my surprise (after the ordeal of calling the parent red roo), the call was answered immediately by a very competent and professional agent who sorted the change quickly with no fuss or bother whatsoever. That's pretty consistent with all my half a dozen or so calls over the years to JQ's Manilla call centre. Rarely much wait time and agents who are generally on the ball.

Cannot relate to having to call JQ as of yet but I have used the chat function which works wonders. Always answered promptly, agents who are on the ball and every query or issue fixed within minutes of starting the chat. They do seem to currently offer a much better customer service experience and great to hear you had your issue quickly resolved with the customer service agent.

brucetiki

Tue May 18, 2021 2:28 am

mrkerr7474 wrote:
cx777fan wrote:
mrkerr7474 wrote:

Cannot relate to having to call JQ as of yet but I have used the chat function which works wonders. Always answered promptly, agents who are on the ball and every query or issue fixed within minutes of starting the chat. They do seem to currently offer a much better customer service experience and great to hear you had your issue quickly resolved with the customer service agent.

JQ's chat is fantastic. I got overcharged for some BOB goodies I had a voucher for (the crew didn't deduct the voucher from the price). They had the issue rectified straight away and had my refund within a week.

I had a bit of a chuckle when I got the e-mail confirming the refund, which read like a passive-aggressive dig at the cabin crew (it was along the lines of, 'Sorry our cabin crew didn't do their job properly').
The early bird catches the worm, the late bird will be featured on a You Tube video

mrkerr7474

Tue May 18, 2021 7:59 am

brucetiki wrote:
mrkerr7474 wrote:
cx777fan wrote:

JQ's chat is fantastic. I got overcharged for some BOB goodies I had a voucher for (the crew didn't deduct the voucher from the price). They had the issue rectified straight away and had my refund within a week.

I had a bit of a chuckle when I got the e-mail confirming the refund, which read like a passive-aggressive dig at the cabin crew (it was along the lines of, 'Sorry our cabin crew didn't do their job properly').

That's awesome they rectified the error quickly through the chat. A brilliant email that is also! I actually had an email worded very similar when I never received the meal voucher on my of my flights. Refunded promptly through the chat and the email also had a slight dig at the cabin crew, a bit of a banter I thought

anstar

Tue May 18, 2021 8:11 am

mrkerr7474 wrote:

I also found the JQ chat to be fantastic. Had a flight cancelled and asked for a refund on chat and had the refund within 3 days. Seems JQ do service better than QF in this respect.

zkncj

Tue May 18, 2021 9:32 am

anstar wrote:
mrkerr7474 wrote:

I also found the JQ chat to be fantastic. Had a flight cancelled and asked for a refund on chat and had the refund within 3 days. Seems JQ do service better than QF in this respect.

Would have to agree! I’ve had two trips with JQ(nz) fully refunded via the online chat when domestic boarders closed to Auckland. With any problem they refunded the tickets.

qf2220

Tue May 18, 2021 11:30 pm

REX fined $60k for failure to comply with continuous disclosure rules regarding capital route expansion

https://asic.gov.au/about-asic/news-cen ... re-breach/

Thats got to hurt.

a320fan

Wed May 19, 2021 3:25 am

Another armature hour display at Red doesn’t inspire much confidence in their operation.
A319, A320, A321, A330-200, A350-900, A380, 737-700, 737-800, 777-200ER, 777-300, 777-300ER, 787-8, Q300, Q400

SYDSpotter

Wed May 19, 2021 10:13 am

qf2220 wrote:
REX fined $60k for failure to comply with continuous disclosure rules regarding capital route expansion

Thats got to hurt.

Not as much as their 20% load factors on their current capital city routes :duck:

That episode was from last year and it just goes to show how John Sharp and REX is all about being in the spotlight. I mean who on earth would talk to media first about a confidential business plan/strategy...

REX has continued their media charades this year, openly crying poor about VA/QF being bullies and how everything is so unfair.
319_320_321_332_333_359_388 / 734_737_738_743_744_762_763_772_773_77W_788_789

mrkerr7474

Wed May 19, 2021 10:58 am

zkncj wrote:
anstar wrote:
mrkerr7474 wrote:

Would have to agree! I’ve had two trips with JQ(nz) fully refunded via the online chat when domestic boarders closed to Auckland. With any problem they refunded the tickets.

Great to always hear such positive customer service experiences for others as well. It really is a wonder how JQ can get it pretty spot on when it comes to customer service, yet their parent company QF is only going completely in the opposite direction.

qf789
Topic Author

Wed May 19, 2021 2:20 pm

SYDSpotter wrote:
qf2220 wrote:

Thats got to hurt.

Not as much as their 20% load factors on their current capital city routes :duck:

That episode was from last year and it just goes to show how John Sharp and REX is all about being in the spotlight. I mean who on earth would talk to media first about a confidential business plan/strategy...

REX has continued their media charades this year, openly crying poor about VA/QF being bullies and how everything is so unfair.

The latest outburst from REX sees them accuse Qantas of ripping off their customers and Virgin as a weak competitor

https://australianaviation.com.au/2021/ ... -canberra/
Forum Moderator

qf2220

Wed May 19, 2021 10:03 pm

qf789 wrote:

The latest outburst from REX sees them accuse Qantas of ripping off their customers and Virgin as a weak competitor

I dont know what is in it for Rex by talking about their competitors like that.

ben175

Thu May 20, 2021 12:09 am

[threeid][/threeid]
qf2220 wrote:
qf789 wrote:

I mean, JS has a point here... QF is notorious for abysmally high fares on CBR considering it’s a one hour flight!

Alas, the high school bitching between airlines is proving to be pretty entertaining.

LTEN11

Thu May 20, 2021 1:31 am

ben175 wrote:
[threeid][/threeid]
qf2220 wrote:
qf789 wrote:

I mean, JS has a point here... QF is notorious for abysmally high fares on CBR considering it’s a one hour flight!

Alas, the high school bitching between airlines is proving to be pretty entertaining.

QF charges what the market will pay, simple as that. There are always other options.

qf789
Topic Author

Thu May 20, 2021 1:56 am

Virgin says they will add 700 weekly services across the network by October including 5 new routes

SYD-DRW, seasonal daily
PER-CNS, 4 weekly
ADL-CNS, 4 weekly
SYD-TSV, 3 weekly
MEL-TSV, 3 weekly

SYD-MEL will be increased to 163 services a week, up from 130, SYD-BNE increases to 104, up from 76 and MEL-BNE goes to 84 a week, up from 61

BNE will see increases to CBR, MKY, PER, ADL, TSV and CNS
MCY sees SYD and MEL increased
OOL sees increases to SYD, MEL and ADL
CNS increases to SYD and MEL
SYD sees increases to HBA
MEL sees increases to HBA, LST and HTI

https://www.executivetraveller.com/news ... lle-routes
Forum Moderator

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos