Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

 
RoyalBrunei757
Posts: 733
Joined: Mon Apr 12, 2021 6:18 am

Re: Lion Air creates Super Air Jet, a new airline

Tue May 04, 2021 6:44 am

I am quite curious which target market is Super Air jet targeting? Those well-informed millennials who are tech savvy would most probably know Lion Air is dodgy and would avoid it like a plague. Indonesia aviation market is very saturated with many airlines. Even GA deployed widebody on many trunk domestic routes at peak. Would this new airline be sustainable knowing that Lion Air Group debt leverage is very high?
 
VSMUT
Posts: 5497
Joined: Mon Aug 08, 2016 11:40 am

Re: Lion Air creates Super Air Jet, a new airline

Tue May 04, 2021 6:58 am

RoyalBrunei757 wrote:
I am quite curious which target market is Super Air jet targeting? Those well-informed millennials who are tech savvy would most probably know Lion Air is dodgy and would avoid it like a plague. Indonesia aviation market is very saturated with many airlines. Even GA deployed widebody on many trunk domestic routes at peak. Would this new airline be sustainable knowing that Lion Air Group debt leverage is very high?


I am a millennial myself, and I can't for the life of me understand how airlines try to target my age bracket with these brands. We are extremely tech-savvy, we know how to look up all airlines, not just Joon and Super Air Jet. In this day and age, all airlines have websites and appear on travel sites.
 
Baruch
Posts: 11
Joined: Fri Sep 04, 2020 10:27 am

Re: Lion Air creates Super Air Jet, a new airline

Tue May 04, 2021 7:18 am

jbs2886 wrote:
sxf24 wrote:
jbs2886 wrote:

Honestly, I highly doubt the contracts are that easy to get around. Lessors certainly would have hedged against mechanisms like these to skirt lease requirements.


Contracts can be pretty strong but Lion Air has a history of pushing back or ignoring. The lessors option is to sue, a time consuming and expensive. In the current market, it’s better to find a way to work with one of the larger airlines.


I'm not disputing that - certainly other factors can impact what actually happens (I'm a corporate lawyer). I'm just saying the contracts won't be as easy to get around as suggested.


My view is that contracts rely on a functioning market to prevent this sort of behaviour. Pre-Covid, demand for aircraft was strong and had Lion stopped paying, lessors could have taken back a meaningful number of aircraft and placed them elsewhere. Uncooperative behaviour would have also resulted in diminished access to the leasing market and/or huge risk premia embedded in the leases thereafter.

Currently, Lion is too big to fail both for the leasing sector in general and for certain individual lessors. Grounding aircraft is useless, and so is taking them back. Lessors are incentivised to cut a deal with Lion, and even more so given that the airline is offering to help them out by taking some of their excess capacity.

At least one lessor has agreed to this, and I am sure that this has increased its competitors’ willingness to entertain this proposal for fear of missing out. Lessors that hold out could be left with a claim against the old, hollowed-out Lion, which ultimately is not worth much.

I am not a lawyer and I have not read all Lion’s contracts, but I have first-hand exposure to this, and this is a plausible interpretation of what is going on.

For context, it is also important to add that Indonesia seems to be a tricky jurisdiction, and that there may be other factors at play for lessors. For instance, a lot of them have been funding themselves on capital markets where investors might look at a simple metric such as the percentage of your aircraft that is on the ground. Placing aircraft with Lion can be helpful in this context.
 
filipinoavgeek
Posts: 662
Joined: Mon Mar 04, 2019 1:18 am

Re: Lion Air creates Super Air Jet, a new airline

Tue May 04, 2021 9:57 am

Speaking of Malindo, is it really true that they were struggling? I was under the impression that they were doing just fine, at least pre-COVID.

Devilfish wrote:
filipinoavgeek wrote:
Given what happened to Interjet, ordering SSJs now sounds like a financial kiss of death.

What happened to 4O even with their mixed fleet was internal to the airline. Can you suggest a more affordable type for CU other than the SSJ and would OEMs and lenders trust them with more of their products, especially with the sanction regime in effect?


This is slightly off-topic to this thread but I think it's been heavily suggested (at least on this site) that the SSJs were a major factor in Interjet's troubles, with the poor aftermarket servicing to the point of cannibalizing aircraft being widely known at this point. And I'm not sure why you suddenly brought up CU, I thought we were talking about SAJ and Interjet...
 
CRJockey
Posts: 354
Joined: Mon Feb 10, 2020 11:54 am

Re: Lion Air creates Super Air Jet, a new airline

Tue May 04, 2021 10:01 am

asuflyer wrote:
The founders of Lion Air have decided to create a new airline within Indonesia. The first aircraft is a ex-Indigo A320 registered PK-SAJ and has been painted in a white and gold livery. Not much is known yet about this company and what its routes will be and whether it will replace Lion Air on routes or operate independently. A unique livery and modern athleisure style crew uniforms have been presented.

Image

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles ... -indonesia
https://twitter.com/indoflyer/status/13 ... 3230697472


Not sure I like Lion Air culture founding new airlines. But I do like the uniforms. It is a bit different and not the same old boring costumes for the girls and half suit for the guys.
 
RoyalBrunei757
Posts: 733
Joined: Mon Apr 12, 2021 6:18 am

Re: Lion Air creates Super Air Jet, a new airline

Tue May 04, 2021 11:19 am

Cabin photo here: https://www.instagram.com/p/COZ2FHJBMMr ... 6ba16r0hk5

Doesn't exude any millennials' vibes... AT ALL...lol
 
User avatar
Polot
Posts: 12434
Joined: Thu Jul 28, 2011 3:01 pm

Re: Lion Air creates Super Air Jet, a new airline

Tue May 04, 2021 11:25 am

RoyalBrunei757 wrote:
Cabin photo here: https://www.instagram.com/p/COZ2FHJBMMr ... 6ba16r0hk5

Doesn't exude any millennials' vibes... AT ALL...lol

Stick an airfone in the back of the middle seat and you can pitch it to millennials as a nostalgic taste of their childhood flights in the 90s!
 
RoyalBrunei757
Posts: 733
Joined: Mon Apr 12, 2021 6:18 am

Re: Lion Air creates Super Air Jet, a new airline

Tue May 04, 2021 12:55 pm

filipinoavgeek wrote:
Speaking of Malindo, is it really true that they were struggling? I was under the impression that they were doing just fine, at least pre-COVID.

Devilfish wrote:
filipinoavgeek wrote:
Given what happened to Interjet, ordering SSJs now sounds like a financial kiss of death.

What happened to 4O even with their mixed fleet was internal to the airline. Can you suggest a more affordable type for CU other than the SSJ and would OEMs and lenders trust them with more of their products, especially with the sanction regime in effect?


This is slightly off-topic to this thread but I think it's been heavily suggested (at least on this site) that the SSJs were a major factor in Interjet's troubles, with the poor aftermarket servicing to the point of cannibalizing aircraft being widely known at this point. And I'm not sure why you suddenly brought up CU, I thought we were talking about SAJ and Interjet...

Malindo has neither make any profits nor break even since its existence. It aimed to be profitable in three years in an interview done in 2018. Guess we know the rest of the story. https://www.theedgemarkets.com/article/ ... in-3-years

So long sugar daddy in Indonesia is willing to throw more money into the bottomless pit, who cares about balance sheet.......
 
RoyalBrunei757
Posts: 733
Joined: Mon Apr 12, 2021 6:18 am

Re: Lion Air creates Super Air Jet, a new airline

Tue May 04, 2021 12:59 pm

Polot wrote:
RoyalBrunei757 wrote:
Cabin photo here: https://www.instagram.com/p/COZ2FHJBMMr ... 6ba16r0hk5

Doesn't exude any millennials' vibes... AT ALL...lol

Stick an airfone in the back of the middle seat and you can pitch it to millennials as a nostalgic taste of their childhood flights in the 90s!

Hahahahaha.........laughing so much at this! Thanks mate!
 
ScottB
Posts: 7602
Joined: Fri Jul 28, 2000 1:25 am

Re: Lion Air creates Super Air Jet, a new airline

Tue May 04, 2021 2:14 pm

atcsundevil wrote:
This isn't a discussion on safety, it's a discussion of a rebrand.


To be fair, rebrands in the airline industry are often connected to safety. ValuJet's purchase of AirTran and subsequent rebrand was absolutely a direct consequence of J7's poor reputation and the crash of flight 592. Given Lion's questionable record, it seems reasonable to raise whether or not its reputation is one of the factors driving this rebrand.
 
Weatherwatcher1
Posts: 976
Joined: Sun Mar 03, 2019 5:14 pm

Re: Lion Air creates Super Air Jet, a new airline

Wed May 05, 2021 7:04 pm

RoyalBrunei757 wrote:
Cabin photo here: https://www.instagram.com/p/COZ2FHJBMMr ... 6ba16r0hk5

Doesn't exude any millennials' vibes... AT ALL...lol


It exudes safari to me.
 
RoyalBrunei757
Posts: 733
Joined: Mon Apr 12, 2021 6:18 am

Re: Lion Air creates Super Air Jet, a new airline

Fri Aug 06, 2021 10:51 am

Super Air Jet's inaugural flight was done today August 6, 2021. Jakarta to Medan Kualanamu International Airport.

https://www.facebook.com/photo/?fbid=44 ... 8072859452

On a side note, currently they have four A320ceo:
PK-SAJ MSN 4488
PK-SAT MSN 6032
PK-SAV MSN 4637
PK-SAW MSN 5900
 
RoyalBrunei757
Posts: 733
Joined: Mon Apr 12, 2021 6:18 am

Re: Lion Air creates Super Air Jet, a new airline

Fri Aug 06, 2021 11:26 am

RoyalBrunei757 wrote:
Super Air Jet's inaugural flight was done today August 6, 2021. Jakarta to Medan Kualanamu International Airport.

https://www.facebook.com/photo/?fbid=44 ... 8072859452

On a side note, currently they have four A320ceo:
PK-SAJ MSN 4488
PK-SAT MSN 6032
PK-SAV MSN 4637
PK-SAW MSN 5900

Cabin photo here: https://www.instagram.com/p/CSOnkIBBEFd/
 
F27500
Posts: 1058
Joined: Sun May 07, 2017 12:52 am

Re: Lion Air creates Super Air Jet, a new airline

Fri Aug 06, 2021 11:41 am

VSMUT wrote:
blooc350 wrote:
Give it some time, it'll over run some runway in Indonesia.


Believe it or not, the A320 series has been almost completely free from runway excursions in Lion Group. It's the 737s that run off the runways.


Someone83 wrote:
But is the the Lion Air Group that is starting a new airline, or just the same guys behind it?


Wikipedia already says part of Lion Group:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lion_Air_Group



No .. its the pilots FLYING them that run off the runways.
 
User avatar
Aquila3
Posts: 605
Joined: Sun Nov 14, 2010 3:18 pm

Re: Lion Air creates Super Air Jet, a new airline

Fri Aug 06, 2021 11:52 am

So you mean that the 737 gets worse pilots than the 320?
I could see that if pilots were given a choice
 
User avatar
zeke
Posts: 16474
Joined: Thu Dec 14, 2006 1:42 pm

Re: Lion Air creates Super Air Jet, a new airline

Fri Aug 06, 2021 12:15 pm

sxf24 wrote:

Ex-Indigo A320s are available very cheap, right now less than $100K/month. Taking these airplanes is an opportunity for Lion to pick up very cheap airplane and “help” the lessors it’s not paying on other aircraft.


Lion Air some years back tried to set itself up as a leasing company, they have placed orders for hundreds of A320s. I haven’t been following things, these aircraft maybe aircraft they owned leased out to other airlines that would otherwise be stored, so the cost of operating them is really just the opportunity cost.
 
RoyalBrunei757
Posts: 733
Joined: Mon Apr 12, 2021 6:18 am

Re: Lion Air creates Super Air Jet, a new airline

Fri Aug 06, 2021 1:39 pm

zeke wrote:
sxf24 wrote:

Ex-Indigo A320s are available very cheap, right now less than $100K/month. Taking these airplanes is an opportunity for Lion to pick up very cheap airplane and “help” the lessors it’s not paying on other aircraft.


Lion Air some years back tried to set itself up as a leasing company, they have placed orders for hundreds of A320s. I haven’t been following things, these aircraft maybe aircraft they owned leased out to other airlines that would otherwise be stored, so the cost of operating them is really just the opportunity cost.

Actually they did set up the leasing company, named Transportation Partners (what an unimaginative name! LOL), based in Singapore. Here is their outdated website http://www.transportationpartners.com/

They managed to lease quite a huge amount of aifract to various airlines, esepcially their B737NG fleet to airlines in China. One of the advantage Lion Air Group gets by using Transportation Partners is that if the lease is structured through Singapore, Lion can get a preferential tax rate under Singapore's aircraft leasing scheme. About tax rate of 8% on income derived from the leasing of aircraft or aircraft engines and qualifying ancillary activities.

Here is a good article to read about Lion Air Group from 2018: https://asia.nikkei.com/Business/Compan ... jor-player
 
chonetsao
Posts: 990
Joined: Sun Nov 06, 2005 3:55 pm

Re: Lion Air creates Super Air Jet, a new airline

Fri Aug 06, 2021 2:11 pm

I found the livery is too retro to attract millennials, and borderline ugly. It also reminds me some cheap aviation disaster movies that how airplane would look like. The branding is not well thought through before it was on the drawing board. It makes me wonder if the founder's children draw the concept in primary school art class (sorry to make this remark, but that is how I feel about the livery).
 
sxf24
Posts: 1355
Joined: Wed Aug 15, 2007 12:22 pm

Re: Lion Air creates Super Air Jet, a new airline

Fri Aug 06, 2021 2:12 pm

RoyalBrunei757 wrote:
zeke wrote:
sxf24 wrote:

Ex-Indigo A320s are available very cheap, right now less than $100K/month. Taking these airplanes is an opportunity for Lion to pick up very cheap airplane and “help” the lessors it’s not paying on other aircraft.


Lion Air some years back tried to set itself up as a leasing company, they have placed orders for hundreds of A320s. I haven’t been following things, these aircraft maybe aircraft they owned leased out to other airlines that would otherwise be stored, so the cost of operating them is really just the opportunity cost.

Actually they did set up the leasing company, named Transportation Partners (what an unimaginative name! LOL), based in Singapore. Here is their outdated website http://www.transportationpartners.com/

They managed to lease quite a huge amount of aifract to various airlines, esepcially their B737NG fleet to airlines in China. One of the advantage Lion Air Group gets by using Transportation Partners is that if the lease is structured through Singapore, Lion can get a preferential tax rate under Singapore's aircraft leasing scheme. About tax rate of 8% on income derived from the leasing of aircraft or aircraft engines and qualifying ancillary activities.

Here is a good article to read about Lion Air Group from 2018: https://asia.nikkei.com/Business/Compan ... jor-player


None of the A320s being leased to Lion Air Group are from their order or Transportation Partners. I think all are being returned by IndiGo.
 
RoyalBrunei757
Posts: 733
Joined: Mon Apr 12, 2021 6:18 am

Re: Lion Air creates Super Air Jet, a new airline

Fri Aug 06, 2021 2:31 pm

sxf24 wrote:
RoyalBrunei757 wrote:
zeke wrote:

Lion Air some years back tried to set itself up as a leasing company, they have placed orders for hundreds of A320s. I haven’t been following things, these aircraft maybe aircraft they owned leased out to other airlines that would otherwise be stored, so the cost of operating them is really just the opportunity cost.

Actually they did set up the leasing company, named Transportation Partners (what an unimaginative name! LOL), based in Singapore. Here is their outdated website http://www.transportationpartners.com/

They managed to lease quite a huge amount of aifract to various airlines, esepcially their B737NG fleet to airlines in China. One of the advantage Lion Air Group gets by using Transportation Partners is that if the lease is structured through Singapore, Lion can get a preferential tax rate under Singapore's aircraft leasing scheme. About tax rate of 8% on income derived from the leasing of aircraft or aircraft engines and qualifying ancillary activities.

Here is a good article to read about Lion Air Group from 2018: https://asia.nikkei.com/Business/Compan ... jor-player


None of the A320s being leased to Lion Air Group are from their order or Transportation Partners. I think all are being returned by IndiGo.

I wasn't talking about the A320ceo that Super Air Jet currently operates. I was talking about the leasing company that zeke brought up. Super Air Jet A320ceo came from two sources at the moment. PK-SAJ and PK-SAV are from IndiGo; PK-SAT and PK-SAW are from Tigerair Australia. There was another A320ceo N498TA which flew in recently from Goodyear desert, rumored to be going to IU, not sure yet the moment.
 
Ziyulu
Posts: 1151
Joined: Thu Oct 13, 2016 10:35 am

Re: Lion Air creates Super Air Jet, a new airline

Fri Aug 06, 2021 3:22 pm

Wikipedia says Lion Air is a low-cost airline. Does anyone know what type of onboard service is offered? Are meals included? Are there fees for checked baggage, etc?
 
RoyalBrunei757
Posts: 733
Joined: Mon Apr 12, 2021 6:18 am

Re: Lion Air creates Super Air Jet, a new airline

Fri Aug 06, 2021 3:41 pm

Ziyulu wrote:
Wikipedia says Lion Air is a low-cost airline. Does anyone know what type of onboard service is offered? Are meals included? Are there fees for checked baggage, etc?

You get 20kg free checked in baggage allowance, that's all. You may also connect to their WiFi for inflight entertainment by using their app. Not sure about the charges. No onboard catering at this moment. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jOpZ6oaEg0k

The seats from LaudaMotion which did not take delivery of the aircraft. PK-SAV did the first flight today.
 
User avatar
Rajahdhani
Posts: 754
Joined: Wed Sep 28, 2016 3:13 pm

Re: Lion Air creates Super Air Jet, a new airline

Fri Aug 06, 2021 4:31 pm

As a general question, in hopes of connecting with someone who is more adept in Indonesian Aviation - what are the costs of operations like, in Indonesia? What are some high cost operations/airports/routes? We see alot of focus on LCCs at this group in particular (and not at all demoralizing their brilliant product and/or innovating ideas regarding services in the nation), however - if we were to look upon consolidation within the group - and to capture specific markets/ranges/cities/operations - where would the carriers benefit from greater synergy, mergers, or necessitated moves - going forward?
 
HB-IWC
Posts: 4126
Joined: Fri Sep 22, 2000 1:09 am

Re: Lion Air creates Super Air Jet, a new airline

Sun Aug 08, 2021 1:07 am

RoyalBrunei757 wrote:
zeke wrote:
sxf24 wrote:

Ex-Indigo A320s are available very cheap, right now less than $100K/month. Taking these airplanes is an opportunity for Lion to pick up very cheap airplane and “help” the lessors it’s not paying on other aircraft.


Lion Air some years back tried to set itself up as a leasing company, they have placed orders for hundreds of A320s. I haven’t been following things, these aircraft maybe aircraft they owned leased out to other airlines that would otherwise be stored, so the cost of operating them is really just the opportunity cost.

Actually they did set up the leasing company, named Transportation Partners (what an unimaginative name! LOL), based in Singapore. Here is their outdated website http://www.transportationpartners.com/

They managed to lease quite a huge amount of aifract to various airlines, esepcially their B737NG fleet to airlines in China. One of the advantage Lion Air Group gets by using Transportation Partners is that if the lease is structured through Singapore, Lion can get a preferential tax rate under Singapore's aircraft leasing scheme. About tax rate of 8% on income derived from the leasing of aircraft or aircraft engines and qualifying ancillary activities.

Here is a good article to read about Lion Air Group from 2018: https://asia.nikkei.com/Business/Compan ... jor-player



I find it nevertheless a bit puzzling that the Lion Air Group would take on new leases for this Super Air Jet venture while it is simultaneously putting aircraft into storage. Just yesterday three Batik Air A320CEOs and two Lion Air B738s were flown CGK ASP for storage.
 
11C
Posts: 319
Joined: Mon Jun 17, 2019 2:25 pm

Re: Lion Air creates Super Air Jet, a new airline

Sun Aug 08, 2021 5:39 pm

spinkid wrote:
SASViking wrote:
"Modern uniforms"
I don't want to be rude, but the crew looks like a bunch of prisoners on the run


I imagine the bags are packed with more matching jumpsuits and matching Nikes.
Who chooses Beige as their color?
oh, the people who name their airline "Super Air Jet"...........I wonder if they did market research focus groups with people comparing other names

Super Happy Fun Jet
Super Happy Fun Time Jet
Super Fun Happy Jet
Air Super Jet
Air Super Jet Airlines

Feel free to use those in any RP games you may participate in.

You read my mind on the nikes and duffel bags. Definitely cultish looking in beige, but I’m no fashion expert.
 
RoyalBrunei757
Posts: 733
Joined: Mon Apr 12, 2021 6:18 am

Re: Lion Air creates Super Air Jet, a new airline

Tue Oct 05, 2021 1:33 am

RoyalBrunei757 wrote:
Super Air Jet's inaugural flight was done today August 6, 2021. Jakarta to Medan Kualanamu International Airport.

https://www.facebook.com/photo/?fbid=44 ... 8072859452

On a side note, currently they have four A320ceo:
PK-SAJ MSN 4488
PK-SAT MSN 6032
PK-SAV MSN 4637
PK-SAW MSN 5900


Running an fleet update here:
PK-SAJ MSN 4488 ex-indiGo, In Operation
PK-??? MSN 4518 ex-IndiGo, In pre-delivery MRO
PK-SAV MSN 4637 ex-IndiGo, In Operation
PK-??? MSN 4813 ex-IndiGo, In pre-delivery MRO
PK-SAW MSN 5900 ex-Tigerair Australia, , In Operation
PK-SAT MSN 6032 ex-Tigerair Australia, In Operation
 
chrisp390
Posts: 732
Joined: Fri May 16, 2014 6:37 pm

Re: Lion Air creates Super Air Jet, a new airline

Tue Oct 05, 2021 5:57 am

What a terrible name and livery. It is the sort of name and livery you expect to see on a cheap toy plane in the dollar store, not on a serious airline flying real people.
 
RoyalBrunei757
Posts: 733
Joined: Mon Apr 12, 2021 6:18 am

Re: Lion Air creates Super Air Jet, a new airline

Fri Oct 29, 2021 2:11 am

RoyalBrunei757 wrote:
RoyalBrunei757 wrote:
Super Air Jet's inaugural flight was done today August 6, 2021. Jakarta to Medan Kualanamu International Airport.

https://www.facebook.com/photo/?fbid=44 ... 8072859452

On a side note, currently they have four A320ceo:
PK-SAJ MSN 4488
PK-SAT MSN 6032
PK-SAV MSN 4637
PK-SAW MSN 5900


Running an fleet update here:
PK-SAJ MSN 4488 ex-indiGo, In Operation
PK-??? MSN 4518 ex-indiGo, In pre-delivery MRO
PK-SAV MSN 4637 ex-indiGo, In Operation
PK-??? MSN 4813 ex-indiGo, In pre-delivery MRO
PK-SAW MSN 5900 ex-Tigerair Australia, , In Operation
PK-SAT MSN 6032 ex-Tigerair Australia, In Operation


Running a fleet update here:
1. PK-SAJ MSN 4488 ex-indiGo, In Operation
2. PK-SAW MSN 4518 ex-indiGo, In Operation
3. PK-SAV MSN 4637 ex-indiGo, In Operation
4. PK-??? MSN 4813 ex-indiGo, In pre-delivery MRO
5. PK-SAU MSN 5900 ex-Tigerair Australia, , In Operation
6. PK-SAT MSN 6032 ex-Tigerair Australia, In Operation
7. PK-SAK MSN 3679 ex-Thai AirAsia, In Operation
8. PK-??? MSN 5637 ex-South Africa Airways, In pre-delivery MRO
Source: https://www.skyliner-aviation.de/regdb. ... =nav4&page

Surprise to see them adding an GE-powered A320 (PK-SAK), instead of the usual IAE-powered A320ceo.
 
AirDO
Posts: 68
Joined: Fri Sep 17, 2021 7:24 am

Re: Lion Air creates Super Air Jet, a new airline

Fri Nov 12, 2021 3:58 pm

PK-SAK is not an CFM engine powered A320, it's the usual IAE per picture. That CFM A320 may have been solded to Allegiant Air instead.

https://www.jetphotos.com/photo/10365107

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos