Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

catiii

Re: Avelo Airlines To Create HVN Base

Thu May 06, 2021 5:51 pm

alohashirts wrote:
Who would fly from HVN-BUR?

This whole Avelo thing screams Skybus. Maybe they should look into adding HVN-BOI/SMF/TUS, what a joke.

They're not flying BURHVN. The mistake people are making is they are thinking of Avelo's network as interconnected. It may be eventually. It won't be now.

catiii

Thu May 06, 2021 5:53 pm

hbernal1 wrote:
I don't think HVN-BUR would work at the moment, especially if you consider that B6 already fly BDL-LAX.

EDIT: I do think there's plenty of opportunities in the Florida market for Avelo to exploit from HVN, especially in the wintertime.

Avelo isn't competing with B6, in the same way Allegiant isn't competing with B6.

WNflyer1523

Thu May 06, 2021 5:54 pm

Boiler905 wrote:
YouGeeElWhy wrote:
This is definitely not about doing transcon. You only need to look at what they did at Burbank. Almost everything there for them is related to outdoor travel. I'd guess for HVN we will see lots of sunny/beachy places in FL/GA/SC/NC. Maybe Ashville/Knoxville, maybe something in West Virginia, maybe something in the Virgina Shenandoah area.

My guess on initial destinations from HVN:

GSO
PBI
RSW/PGD
CHS
PHF

I’m also thinking MCO/SFB and TPA/PIE. Maybe even FLL. Big market for north to south, and if they’re aiming to start in October/November they’re probably thinking FL flying. Some of these routes I can even see daily service

FLYKTPA

Thu May 06, 2021 5:56 pm

Boiler905 wrote:
YouGeeElWhy wrote:
This is definitely not about doing transcon. You only need to look at what they did at Burbank. Almost everything there for them is related to outdoor travel. I'd guess for HVN we will see lots of sunny/beachy places in FL/GA/SC/NC. Maybe Ashville/Knoxville, maybe something in West Virginia, maybe something in the Virgina Shenandoah area.

GSO
PBI
RSW/PGD
CHS
PHF

Fill a 737 on HVN-PHF? You’re a lot more optimistic than me lol.

I’m thinking it’s gonna be destinations basically guaranteed to fill if the fare is low enough.

HVN:
MCO or SFB
TPA or PIE
RSW or PGD
FLL and/PBI
Maybe JAX or RDU
SAV, CHS, MYR, MSY, BNA etc.

Nothing too crazy or risky.

PVD757

Thu May 06, 2021 6:18 pm

catiii wrote:
stlgph wrote:
PVD757 wrote:

This would potentially impact BDL more than PVD. HVN to BDL is 56 miles whereas HVN to PVD is 96 miles. Both are directly linked via interstate highways. The area between HVN and PVD is mostly rural versus the area between BDL which is mostly dense suburbs and metro (with some high wealth zip codes I might add).

Mostly rural? Have you been along the Connecticut shoreline?

East Haven, Branford, Guilford, Madison, Clinton, Westbrook, Old Saybrook, Waterford, Niantic, New London, Mystic, Groton, then you can go up north into the country, where a lot of people reside in all kinds of hamlets and then there's the reach up into Norwich, Middletown, Meriden, Wallingford, Hamden, etc.

95 New Haven to Providence generally isn't as much of a nightmare as it is from NY state up to New Haven. If you offer a good enough deal, people will have no problem(s) driving down from the Providence or Hartford areas.

People in Connecticut and Rhode Island are used to driving everywhere. When I lived in Hartford, it was nothing for us to drive 90 minutes to 2 hours to go out bar hopping almost every Friday or Saturday in Providence.

Exactly. Thinking the CT shoreline is "mostly rural" shows you've never been to the CT shoreline.

I only live here but OK. Your reply shows me you didn’t read what I wrote. I never said the “shoreline” was rural, I said MOST of the area, which by definition means not ALL of the area, especially when comparing that area to the area between HVN and BDL, as I stated. 5-10 miles north of 95 along that stretch, other than Norwich, is considered rural.

https://www.ruralhealthct.org/towns.htm

The MAJORITY of Middlesex county, ALMOST the entire northern half of New London County, and all but 3 towns in Windham county are rural. Compared to New Haven and Hartford Counties, where there is only 3 total towns considered rural, my statement stands to be correct.

airlineworker

Thu May 06, 2021 7:09 pm

FLYKTPA wrote:
Boiler905 wrote:
YouGeeElWhy wrote:

GSO
PBI
RSW/PGD
CHS
PHF

Fill a 737 on HVN-PHF? You’re a lot more optimistic than me lol.

I’m thinking it’s gonna be destinations basically guaranteed to fill if the fare is low enough.

HVN:
MCO or SFB
TPA or PIE
RSW or PGD
FLL and/PBI
Maybe JAX or RDU

Good choice of prospective cities, Florida first though.

catiii

Thu May 06, 2021 7:34 pm

PVD757 wrote:
catiii wrote:
stlgph wrote:

East Haven, Branford, Guilford, Madison, Clinton, Westbrook, Old Saybrook, Waterford, Niantic, New London, Mystic, Groton, then you can go up north into the country, where a lot of people reside in all kinds of hamlets and then there's the reach up into Norwich, Middletown, Meriden, Wallingford, Hamden, etc.

95 New Haven to Providence generally isn't as much of a nightmare as it is from NY state up to New Haven. If you offer a good enough deal, people will have no problem(s) driving down from the Providence or Hartford areas.

People in Connecticut and Rhode Island are used to driving everywhere. When I lived in Hartford, it was nothing for us to drive 90 minutes to 2 hours to go out bar hopping almost every Friday or Saturday in Providence.

Exactly. Thinking the CT shoreline is "mostly rural" shows you've never been to the CT shoreline.

I only live here but OK. Your reply shows me you didn’t read what I wrote. I never said the “shoreline” was rural, I said MOST of the area, which by definition means not ALL of the area, especially when comparing that area to the area between HVN and BDL, as I stated. 5-10 miles north of 95 along that stretch, other than Norwich, is considered rural.

https://www.ruralhealthct.org/towns.htm

The MAJORITY of Middlesex county, ALMOST the entire northern half of New London County, and all but 3 towns in Windham county are rural. Compared to New Haven and Hartford Counties, where there is only 3 total towns considered rural, my statement stands to be correct.

Looking at your map, the majority of the catchment is not rural. Few from Windham are coming to HVN to fly.

alpine1989

Thu May 06, 2021 8:01 pm

Interesting...

5600 ft. runway
A single ILS approach with mins of 3/4 and 300
Part time tower

Expect some diversions!

WNflyer1523

Thu May 06, 2021 8:10 pm

alpine1989 wrote:
Interesting...

5600 ft. runway
Part time tower

Expect some diversions!

Agreed on the other stuff, but they stated their plan is to increase the runway length by 1000'.

nine4nine

Thu May 06, 2021 8:16 pm

alpine1989 wrote:
Interesting...

5600 ft. runway
Part time tower

Expect some diversions!

Sounds a lot like SNA

Boiler905

Thu May 06, 2021 8:46 pm

FLYKTPA wrote:

You mean like PSC, RDD, and ACV? :rotfl:

Nonrevhell

Thu May 06, 2021 8:56 pm

This makes no sense to me. I get a People's Express vibe...the last version.

FLYKTPA

Thu May 06, 2021 9:08 pm

Boiler905 wrote:
FLYKTPA wrote:

I mean, yeah lol.

Although LA’s Metro is massive!

jimbo737

Thu May 06, 2021 9:38 pm

It’s always fun to view the comments of the armchair airline experts.

Keep guessing!

It’s been fabulous entertainment.

25+ years ago, WestJet was confounding armchair quarterbacks too.

YXX - Calgary? That’ll NEVER work.

YQQ - Calgary? Insane!

Brandon? Are you nuts?

Never underestimate what price elasticity and ridiculously low costs can accomplish in a marketplace.

evank516

Thu May 06, 2021 9:49 pm

airlineworker wrote:
Cubsrule wrote:
DaCubbyBearBar wrote:
737-700’s?? I thought that they were only going the -800 route. 147 seats is not STUFFED sardines, so respectable. They have to be dirt cheap to acquire right now

I can't speak to their future plans, but HVN's sole runway is only 5,600 feet. The -800 is fine on that in the dry but any contamination is likely game over as far as getting any kind of decent load in or out.

700's are used at EYW with a 5100 foot runway. The 800's are a bit much for HVN but no routes have been announced yet. Hope AA will respond with more flights especially to CLT and not PHL.

700s were used at EYW before the runway was even 5100 feet. They started when it was 4800.

Speaking of 737-700s, I know where they can find about 10 of them ;)

They'll probably use HVN to break into Florida.

slcdeltarumd11

Thu May 06, 2021 10:45 pm

HVN is near millions of people. They have a good shot at making this work. It might be one of the largest, more affluent populations of flyers who drive the most to get to an airport right now.

The population is west of New Haven not north or east, that is who this airline will target. Most make the drive to NYC airports mostly HPN or LGA or take Amtrak to EWR. They are gonna target the NYC suburb Connecticut people with this. An alternative easier airport

I know HVN has had a reputation of the Yale University airport as the sole user and they definitely drive demand, but that's only because college students without cars had the most to gain by paying more and taking the time to connect more. That would change if a destination like florida existed. Right now i dont think most people in say fairfield county even consider HVN they just search the NYC airports. Fairfield County alone has a base of people large enough who would be willing to pay a premium for convenience. Walk to the plane parking alone would pull in alot of people as the NYC airports parking can be quite a trip in its own or crazy expensive for walk to the plane access. I do think they have a shot here. This is not some shot in the dark they have a base of people to go after. In a post covid world people are looking to be off mass transit and around less people, this airport could work in these times.

Close yes but with NYC traffic is like asking people in deep orange county to get to LAX, they can but wont want to do the drive if they dont have too. Driving to HVN and walking to the plane will be a big win for alot of people if their destination is available.

Florida Florida Florida would be my guesses of destinations

catiii

Thu May 06, 2021 11:55 pm

alpine1989 wrote:
Interesting...

5600 ft. runway
Part time tower

Expect some diversions!

An airport in the House Appropriations Chair’s constituency, who was on hand today to lend her support in getting whatever federal money and approval is needed to upgrade the airport. I’m sure it’ll get an ILS, or an RNAV.

jayspilot

Fri May 07, 2021 12:36 am

Airport has ils and rnav. Landing north is ils and they have trees and private property (beach houses) where the full ALS would go. And it’s 4000 ft from the water.

Rnav to south has a big hill to the west that’s just off the northwest corner of the airport

FlyingElvii

Fri May 07, 2021 12:42 am

Boiler905 wrote:
YouGeeElWhy wrote:

GSO
PBI
RSW/PGD
CHS
PHF

Northwest crowd...
I would guess

MCO
FLL
RSW
PIE
PBI

FlyingElvii

Fri May 07, 2021 12:42 am

jayspilot wrote:
Airport has ils and rnav. Landing north is ils and they have trees and private property (beach houses) where the full ALS would go. And it’s 4000 ft from the water.

Rnav to south has a big hill to the west that’s just off the northwest corner of the airport

Marine layer could be fun...

FlyingElvii

Fri May 07, 2021 12:50 am

Looking at Google maps, it appears that parking could be a major issue, unless they convert that 4th parking place into ramp parking.

FlyingElvii

Fri May 07, 2021 12:54 am

alpine1989 wrote:
Interesting...

5600 ft. runway
Part time tower

Expect some diversions!

Meh....
it’s a tower contracted to Midwest. Minimal expense to a add couple of staff for operating times.

evank516

Fri May 07, 2021 12:56 am

I don't think they're going to do MCO. If they attempt that area it'll be SFB since they seem to favor alternative airports as opposed to main airports. I wonder if they'll consider UST over JAX if they have any interest in NE/NE Central Florida?

catiii

Fri May 07, 2021 1:19 am

FlyingElvii wrote:
Looking at Google maps, it appears that parking could be a major issue, unless they convert that 4th parking place into ramp parking.

14/32 is permanently closed. The new terminal is going on the east side at the end of 32. There will be plenty of parking.

catiii

Fri May 07, 2021 1:20 am

FlyingElvii wrote:
jayspilot wrote:

Marine layer could be fun...

It seldom if ever gets a marine layer...

VirginFlyer

Fri May 07, 2021 1:25 am

The really important question which I fear is being lost in this discussion is: will they serve HEL and finally provide competition for Airliners?

V/F

dstblj52

Fri May 07, 2021 2:06 am

Polot wrote:
CALMSP wrote:
Polot wrote:
That’s more common. With closer bases however you can share out stations using same ground personnel and equipment, making the station more cost effective (especially if only serving a few times a week).

are they even using their own ground staff? I can't imagine they are insourcing their operations, so it wouldn't matter about using the same outstations.

You still have to pay for outsourcing, it’s just cheaper than paying in house. And obviously the more work the outsourced labor is doing generally the better bang for your buck.

That depends who else is the outsourcing serving and do they allow split staffing but having to buy 4-8 hours isn't uncommon

ScottB

Fri May 07, 2021 2:10 am

stlgph wrote:

It's not Quiet Corner or Litchfield County rural, but it's still nowhere near as densely populated as Fairfield County or Hartford and its suburbs. Once you get east of Branford, the population density drops off pretty quickly; that's pretty much why the drive on I-95 between New Haven and Providence isn't as bad as it is from New Haven west.

Either way, the four counties of Eastern CT (Windham, Tolland, New London, Middlesex) combined have about 150,000 fewer inhabitants than New Haven County alone -- so the catchment will be far more about New Haven, Fairfield, and Hartford Counties (just under 2.7 million people) than it is about the shore east of New Haven or Rhode Island.

CairnterriAIR

Fri May 07, 2021 2:46 am

alohashirts wrote:
Having BUR and now HVN as bases for an airline is not a bad idea. But having them as your first two bases ever without having an established network, loyal customer base, etc., in my opinion isn’t going to work. I think it would be different if these two were bases down the road after having bases at other large airports. G4 didn’t make AVL, DSM, VPS, USA, ABE, bases until way down the road until they had bases in places such Orlando, Phoenix/Mesa, Ft. Lauderdale, Las Vegas, and Los Angeles.

And like people here have said, there are tons of opportunities in BDL to make the base, should’ve done it there. It feels like they did HVN just to be unique, and to emphasize early on that they’ll serve underserved airports. Almost as if they’re trying to force a brand image or a business model that’s not established yet, if that makes sense.

BDL and HVN may only be 56 miles apart, but they are two separate markets which both will hold their own....both are high demand. Only difference is HVN lacked the infrastructure, not the demand. If anything, the folks in New Haven and the CT shore were more apt to travel out of New York than Hartford. Some simple advertising will build a clientele quickly. As for the airline opening up shop at BDL...why go up against a very large JetBlue station, Frontier, Southwest, Spirit, soon Sun Country, and all the legacies...when you can have a full market to yourselves to draw in passengers who don’t use BDL but rather LGA and hate that drive, without long TSA lines, lower landing fees, and a terminal build around your own input rather than open gates. Chances are this airline will be doing leisure runs in the 2-3 hour range....think Florida and the Carolinas....and getting Southern New Englanders to buy plane tickets to those places takes no effort.

RWA380

Fri May 07, 2021 3:41 am

Boiler905 wrote:
FLYKTPA wrote:

These are the places everyone that fled LA, SF or other large metros during Covid, we moved to RDM & Avelo is coming here. Houses are selling at thousands over ask, with 40+ offers in less than a week. All cash, no contingencies, uninspected & a lot of times, site unseen.

These otherwise sleepy communities have grown significantly since last March. Most of the fast food places here are closing or open only part time & close at 2pm, since there is no available labor for all the jobs & higher paying jobs are going first & plentiful, they come with benefits & they'll train recruits.

Midwestindy

Fri May 07, 2021 4:42 am

tphuang wrote:
The great deal with community is being the closest airport to some of the welathiest zip codes around the country. Seems like a pretty good deal to me.

PVD757 wrote:
This would potentially impact BDL more than PVD. HVN to BDL is 56 miles whereas HVN to PVD is 96 miles. Both are directly linked via interstate highways. The area between HVN and PVD is mostly rural versus the area between BDL which is mostly dense suburbs and metro (with some high wealth zip codes I might add).

Not sure if wealth of zip codes matters for ULCCs like Avelo, the whole idea around ULCCs is targeting price conscience customers, most wealthy travelers don't fit in that category (or they are at least less likely to fit in that category).

So not sure how it being a wealthy area helps

slcdeltarumd11

Fri May 07, 2021 5:02 am

Midwestindy wrote:
tphuang wrote:
The great deal with community is being the closest airport to some of the welathiest zip codes around the country. Seems like a pretty good deal to me.

PVD757 wrote:

Not sure if wealth of zip codes matters for ULCCs like Avelo, the whole idea around ULCCs is targeting price conscience customers, most wealthy travelers don't fit in that category (or they are at least less likely to fit in that category).

Wealthy people buy more plane tickets and just fly alot more. They often have relatives and friends in Florida and will travel for a weekend alot more often. Look how successful southwest is at SNA. Many are pretty big on value also. If Avelo offers convenient N/S flights to places they want to go in Florida it will be a hit. SW Connecticut is home to alot of frequent flyers

usflyer msp

Fri May 07, 2021 7:21 am

Boiler905 wrote:
YouGeeElWhy wrote:

GSO
PBI
RSW/PGD
CHS
PHF

I'm guessing PBI, SFB, PIE, PGD, MIA, RDU, ATL and BNA.

bigb

Fri May 07, 2021 8:41 am

Operating in and out of HVN in the past, that’s sketch with that runway and especially when the weather drops.

Midwestindy

Fri May 07, 2021 12:02 pm

slcdeltarumd11 wrote:
Midwestindy wrote:
tphuang wrote:

PVD757 wrote:

Wealthy people buy more plane tickets and just fly alot more. They often have relatives and friends in Florida and will travel for a weekend alot more often. Look how successful southwest is at SNA. Many are pretty big on value also. If Avelo offers convenient N/S flights to places they want to go in Florida it will be a hit. SW Connecticut is home to alot of frequent flyers

Yes I am aware, I've lived in CT recently. Avelo's service is the equivalent of G4, F9, e.t.c. though. If those carriers announced this service I guarantee people would not be citing the wealth of the zip codes as a reason the flights would be successful.

WNflyer1523

Fri May 07, 2021 1:14 pm

I keep seeing people talking about the wealthy zip codes. I may not be 100% correct, but aren't most of the wealthier areas closer to HPN and not HVN?

sunking737

Fri May 07, 2021 1:16 pm

One thing for sure, Avelo is stealing some of the Breeze thunder out east so far...

Cubsrule

Fri May 07, 2021 1:25 pm

Midwestindy wrote:
slcdeltarumd11 wrote:
Midwestindy wrote:

Yes I am aware, I've lived in CT recently. Avelo's service is the equivalent of G4, F9, e.t.c. though. If those carriers announced this service I guarantee people would not be citing the wealth of the zip codes as a reason the flights would be successful.

Sometime convenience trumps indignity. One of my partners put it best: "I don't like WN. But I like nonstops, so I fly WN." For me the jury is out on the magnitude of this effect, especially with a population that is conditioned to go to HPN or deal with the traffic to get to LGA, but I would not necessarily discount it out of hand just because of the lousy onboard product.

trueblew

Fri May 07, 2021 1:36 pm

nine4nine wrote:
alpine1989 wrote:
Interesting...

5600 ft. runway
Part time tower

Expect some diversions!

Sounds a lot like SNA

Except for the whole prevailing weather thing.

Dash8lover300

Fri May 07, 2021 2:07 pm

lesfalls wrote:
Polot wrote:
Seems odd to start a second base so far away and disconnected from your first base.

Their HQ isn't connected to either of the bases.

Being a startup airline that doesnt have its HQ connected to either of its bases seems like a really bad idea, especially when the bases in question are far away from each other

aviationjunky

Fri May 07, 2021 2:34 pm

FLYKTPA wrote:
Boiler905 wrote:
YouGeeElWhy wrote:

GSO
PBI
RSW/PGD
CHS
PHF

HVN:
MCO or SFB
TPA or PIE
RSW or PGD
FLL and/PBI
Maybe JAX or RDU

I assume they will offer base-to-base flights, so I expect BUR-HVN to be a route. I wouldn't be surprised to see Florida (SFB, PIE, FLL), Ohio (DAY or CVG, LCK, CLE), and Texas (AUS, HOU, DAL, SAT). I'd also expect to see LAS, MDW, NYC, and maybe DEN.

I'm excited to see another low cost airlines enter the market to help alleviate the rising prices. Not to mention the growing demand for travel now that the vaccine has been rolled out.

dabpit

Fri May 07, 2021 2:44 pm

Midwestindy wrote:
slcdeltarumd11 wrote:
Midwestindy wrote:

Actually, G4 talked about the medium income of their travelers in one of their quarterly presentations (before COVID) and it was rather high (I don’t remember the exact number, it was discussed in the G4 thread though) They know a large number of customers have money but like to be price sensitive and go for non-stop flights. So yes, demographics in terms of income matters to an airline like G4 and apparently Avelo.

catiii

Fri May 07, 2021 2:46 pm

bigb wrote:
Operating in and out of HVN in the past, that’s sketch with that runway and especially when the weather drops.

How so? Not sure what you operated in and out of HVN with that was so "sketch" but they're adding 1000' to the runway.

alpine1989

Fri May 07, 2021 2:55 pm

catiii wrote:
bigb wrote:

How so? Not sure what you operated in and out of HVN with that was so "sketch" but they're adding 1000' to the runway.

A single ILS with 3/4 300 ft. minimums could cause operational impacts, that's all I was trying to say. It could be low vis, low cigs, 10kt tailwind, etc.

catiii

Fri May 07, 2021 3:27 pm

alpine1989 wrote:
catiii wrote:
bigb wrote:

A single ILS with 3/4 300 ft. minimums could cause operational impacts, that's all I was trying to say. It could be low vis, low cigs, 10kt tailwind, etc.

If you read up the thread the airport is n the House Appropriations Chair’s constituency, who was on hand today to lend her support in getting whatever federal money and approval is needed to upgrade the airport. I’m sure 20 will get an upgrade. As someone else noted it has an RNAV.

micstatic

Fri May 07, 2021 3:42 pm

WNflyer1523 wrote:
I keep seeing people talking about the wealthy zip codes. I may not be 100% correct, but aren't most of the wealthier areas closer to HPN and not HVN?

Yes fairfield county is super rich. But towns like Madison, CT are very affluent. And others

AmericanAir88

Fri May 07, 2021 3:46 pm

In response to people saying MIA, ATL, RDU: With only 6 planes in their fleet and leaving out of HVN? I don’t see it happening for a while. HVN is not big enough to get regular service to MIA, RDU, and ATL.

I guess Avelo is not around long enough for me to get an idea of what they will do. It feels like Allegiant with the livery of pre-yellow Spirit. I hope they do well though, but does not cause trouble for F9, G4, or NK. I like those airlines

Anyway, was BDL ever supposed to get an expansion? I feel like BDL (An airport CT loves to advertise on I91 and I95) was due for one. I thought Sun Country may take a crack at it.

nws2002

Fri May 07, 2021 3:49 pm

AmericanAir88 wrote:
In response to people saying MIA, ATL, RDU: With only 6 planes in their fleet and leaving out of HVN? I don’t see it happening for a while. HVN is not big enough to get regular service to MIA, RDU, and ATL.

I guess Avelo is not around long enough for me to get an idea of what they will do. It feels like Allegiant with the livery of pre-yellow Spirit. I hope they do well though, but does not cause trouble for F9, G4, or NK. I like those airlines

Anyway, was BDL ever supposed to get an expansion? I feel like BDL (An airport CT loves to advertise on I91 and I95) was due for one. I thought Sun Country may take a crack at it.

Sun Country is starting BDL-MSP May 21st.

AmericanAir88

Fri May 07, 2021 3:51 pm

nws2002 wrote:
AmericanAir88 wrote:

Sun Country is starting BDL-MSP May 21st.

Yeah I saw that. I think Sun Country should try a bit more than that out of BDL. Maybe a LAS or Florida flight.

slcdeltarumd11

Fri May 07, 2021 3:59 pm

aviationjunky wrote:
FLYKTPA wrote:
Boiler905 wrote:

GSO
PBI
RSW/PGD
CHS
PHF

HVN:
MCO or SFB
TPA or PIE
RSW or PGD
FLL and/PBI
Maybe JAX or RDU

I assume they will offer base-to-base flights, so I expect BUR-HVN to be a route. I wouldn't be surprised to see Florida (SFB, PIE, FLL), Ohio (DAY or CVG, LCK, CLE), and Texas (AUS, HOU, DAL, SAT). I'd also expect to see LAS, MDW, NYC, and maybe DEN.

I'm excited to see another low cost airlines enter the market to help alleviate the rising prices. Not to mention the growing demand for travel now that the vaccine has been rolled out.

I do not see bur-hvn non stop ever. If they need a link it will be an intermediate city. I would think HVN will be sun destinations like florida or the carolinas.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos