Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

ltbewr
Topic Author

New suggestions as to MH370-'Depressed' Pilot made deliberate moves

Thu May 06, 2021 1:42 pm

An article published May 5, 2021 in the UK's Telegraph newspaper (I saw this via the USA's Yahoo website) suggests that the pilot was 'depressed' and 'made deliberate moves' to evade radar tracking. The linked article has a idea that the pilot flew the plane very high very quickly to accelerate depressurization to subdue the passengers and crew. https://www.yahoo.com/news/depressed-mh ... 19026.html

Boeing757100

Re: New suggestions as to MH370-'Depressed' Pilot made deliberate moves

Thu May 06, 2021 2:39 pm

I may be wrong, but I have heard that the Captain flew over his hometown in Malaysia, pointing one of the the 777's wings towards the town, as a last goodbye. This may signal either some sentiment or some past trauma in his hometown. Also, the moves he made (i.e transponder off, knocking out all the pax) are suspicious, though I do wonder if the co-pilot would have intervened with the captain's actions. Was the CVR found?

chonetsao

Thu May 06, 2021 2:46 pm

I am not a conspiracist normally. But one really needs to look into a much bigger picture. The key word is:
Made in China 2025
Semiconductor

There is a crazy conspiracy theory on this:
https://newspunch.com/rothschild-semiconductor-mh370/

I don't believe that is true. However, if you add everything together with 1MDB scandal and trace the money, one should believe in that the captain alone can not pull this off. There are too many hidden factors and misinformation since MH370. One must go back to the basics of the flight:
1, Who are on the flights, and what is on the flights
2, Who will benefit from the disappearance of MH370
3, Why would the 2 Iranians be on this flight instead of easier pathway via Middle East or non-stop? Or even travel from Thailand directly?

Polot

Thu May 06, 2021 2:59 pm

I mean it’s been long known that the path the aircraft made across Malaysia and the Malacca Strait had to be the result of deliberate action. Why (and where the plane ended up after that) is the mystery.

Sokes

Thu May 06, 2021 4:40 pm

chonetsao wrote:

You are right. It's crazy.

joeblow10

Thu May 06, 2021 4:44 pm

This is nothing new. Anybody who has been following along with various investigations (usually private “inquiry” investigators) can see something deliberate happened, and from the first months after the crash, we knew the captain practiced similar flights on his sim at home. It all adds up...

MEA-707

Thu May 06, 2021 4:56 pm

chonetsao wrote:
I am not a conspiracist normally. But one really needs to look into a much bigger picture. The key word is:
Made in China 2025
Semiconductor

https://newspunch.com/rothschild-semiconductor-mh370/

I don't believe that is true. However, if you add everything together with 1MDB scandal and trace the money, one should believe in that the captain alone can not pull this off. There are too many hidden factors and misinformation since MH370. One must go back to the basics of the flight:
1, Who are on the flights, and what is on the flights
2, Who will benefit from the disappearance of MH370
3, Why would the 2 Iranians be on this flight instead of easier pathway via Middle East or non-stop? Or even travel from Thailand directly?

The word 'Rothschild' alone should make everyone disregard this theory as coming from the same sort of folks who think Bill Gates and Hillary eat babies and inject computer chips.

chrisair

Thu May 06, 2021 8:21 pm

MEA-707 wrote:
The word 'Rothschild' alone should make everyone disregard this theory as coming from the same sort of folks who think Bill Gates and Hillary eat babies and inject computer chips.

Wait…you mean I didn’t get a tracking chip when I got my Covid jab?

:shock: :rotfl:

Some of these conspiracy theories are better reads than Stephen King novels.

aviationjunky

Thu May 06, 2021 8:29 pm

MH370 has always been surrounded by theories, especially the idea that the pilot was intentional in his actions. I've always been a fan of the theory that the pilots suffered from hypoxia.

MrBretz

Thu May 06, 2021 8:57 pm

aviationjunky wrote:
MH370 has always been surrounded by theories, especially the idea that the pilot was intentional in his actions. I've always been a fan of the theory that the pilots suffered from hypoxia.

I hear Moderna is working on an mRNA vaccine for that.

Western727

Thu May 06, 2021 9:14 pm

aviationjunky wrote:

How, though? The known flight path was ideal for avoiding radar. That was 99% likely not an accident. Plus, we've heard of his flight sim at home having given off strong clues as to his intentions.

Like that of the Germanwings 320 FO, it's just maddening when someone decides to cause so much death and collateral damage when dying by suicide.

Seat0F

Thu May 06, 2021 9:20 pm

A more plausible theory is that something disastrous happened in the avionics bay. If you look at the equipment that was allegedly “switched off” by one of the pilots you find it all sits on the same rack in the avionics bay. Switching off all of that equipment from the cockpit is actually very complicated and not something pilots necessarily know about. I don't know how to do a load of it as the exact sequence involved depowering the left main AC bus, and I’ve flown 777s for years.

The pilot suicide theory is a load of nonsense if you ask any actual pilot. If the pilot wanted to kill everyone he would have no doubt done the Germanwings tragedy.

An explosion in the avionics bay, knocking out a load of equipment and depressurising the aircraft.... taking out the crew oxygen too? Way more believable.

dcaproducer

Thu May 06, 2021 9:20 pm

Boeing757100 wrote:
Was the CVR found?

What? No. The aircraft has never been located. That’s what makes it such an unknown story.

Noshow

Thu May 06, 2021 9:27 pm

A more plausible theory is that something disastrous happened in the avionics bay.

I have to disagree. He lost contact at the "right moment" and quietly zigzaged (controlled flight) out of controlled airspace to end up over the deepest and most remote ocean seabed available. A place he had trained for at his home flight simulator before.
From my point of view unfortunately it looks like captain suicide - intentionally without leaving traces. Many things seem to indicate this but if the police reports are not published we will not know.
I don't want to hurt anybody's feelings for sure. This is a tragedy like the Germanwings crash.

jpetekyxmd80

Thu May 06, 2021 9:36 pm

Seat0F wrote:

The pilot suicide theory is a load of nonsense if you ask any actual pilot. If the pilot wanted to kill everyone he would have no doubt done the Germanwings tragedy.

Nonsense. He wanted to vanish without a trace.

workhorse

Thu May 06, 2021 10:14 pm

ltbewr wrote:
the pilot flew the plane very high very quickly to accelerate depressurization to subdue the passengers and crew.

We have already talked about that in one of the previous threads, but I think it might be interesting to initiate a new discussion with maybe new people joining in (especially 777 drivers):

1) Is it even possible to fly a B772ER with 227 passengers, cargo and fuel for 8 hours of flight that high (FL400) that early into the flight (less than 1 hour after takeoff)?

2) Is it possible to completely depressurize the passenger cabin by an action from the cockpit in a 777? Is there a button or a lever that opens a valve somewhere or something like that? And, if yes, can this system completely equalize the pressure outside and inside (at 40,000 feet)? And, if yes, wouldn't oxygen masks drop down automatically thus alerting the passengers and the cabin crew that something bad is happening?

Cdydatzigs

Thu May 06, 2021 10:22 pm

dcaproducer wrote:
Boeing757100 wrote:
Was the CVR found?

What? No. The aircraft has never been located. That’s what makes it such an unknown story.

Pieces of this aircraft have washed up on various islands however, so we at the very least know that the plane impacted the water hard enough to break it up into small pieces. That tells you that it didn't ditch, and most likely was either purposely crashed into the water or ran out of fuel and crashed on its own.

mysterzip

Thu May 06, 2021 10:24 pm

Depression is a very serious illness that should not be taken lightly. I, for one, believe that claim, I just wish we had more information, without disturbing the pilot’s family.

I wonder if that ANA pilot from Hokkaido and that JAL pilot who reported drunk to work in London ever got the help they needed.

chonetsao wrote:
I am not a conspiracist normally.

Just a part time conspiracy theorist, then?

Let’s stick to the facts.
Any writer that was puts an article with questions marks all around, isn’t a journalist.

Lighthouse

Thu May 06, 2021 11:12 pm

Seat0F wrote:
A more plausible theory is that something disastrous happened in the avionics bay. If you look at the equipment that was allegedly “switched off” by one of the pilots you find it all sits on the same rack in the avionics bay. Switching off all of that equipment from the cockpit is actually very complicated and not something pilots necessarily know about. I don't know how to do a load of it as the exact sequence involved depowering the left main AC bus, and I’ve flown 777s for years.

An explosion in the avionics bay, knocking out a load of equipment and depressurising the aircraft.... taking out the crew oxygen too? Way more believable.

I'm surprised someone who claims to have flown a 777 for years would come up with such a theory and most 'actual pilots' agree that suicide is by far the most plausible theory. There is no disaster in the avionics bay which could so perfectly orchestrate this chain of events, exactly on an FIR boundary where a lost a/c would cause maximum ambiguity. Nothing could cause such a catastrophe as to instantly cripple the aircraft and it's crew but also allow it to continue flying for 8 hours, make a number of turns to best avoid radar before vanishing thousands of miles off Western Australia.

A Boeing can not accidentally fly that route. It just can't.

Lighthouse

Thu May 06, 2021 11:16 pm

workhorse wrote:
ltbewr wrote:
the pilot flew the plane very high very quickly to accelerate depressurization to subdue the passengers and crew.

We have already talked about that in one of the previous threads, but I think it might be interesting to initiate a new discussion with maybe new people joining in (especially 777 drivers):

1) Is it even possible to fly a B772ER with 227 passengers, cargo and fuel for 8 hours of flight that high (FL400) that early into the flight (less than 1 hour after takeoff)?

2) Is it possible to completely depressurize the passenger cabin by an action from the cockpit in a 777? Is there a button or a lever that opens a valve somewhere or something like that? And, if yes, can this system completely equalize the pressure outside and inside (at 40,000 feet)? And, if yes, wouldn't oxygen masks drop down automatically thus alerting the passengers and the cabin crew that something bad is happening?

All of that is straight forward. The pilot would just need enough oxygen to outlast anyone in the cabin, which is almost certain given that he had enough for four people in the cockpit, all to himself.

GE90man

Thu May 06, 2021 11:54 pm

Admiral cloudberg, known for writing in depth analysis and write ups on aviation incidents, wrote a very good piece on MH370, coming to a similar conclusion, looking through all the theories that people have come up with. I highly recommend a read.

https://admiralcloudberg.medium.com/call-of-the-void-seven-years-on-what-do-we-know-about-the-disappearance-of-malaysia-airlines-77fa5244bf99

Boeing757100

Fri May 07, 2021 12:04 am

Cdydatzigs wrote:
dcaproducer wrote:
Boeing757100 wrote:
Was the CVR found?

Pieces of this aircraft have washed up on various islands however, so we at the very least know that the plane impacted the water hard enough to break it up into small pieces. That tells you that it didn't ditch, and most likely was either purposely crashed into the water or ran out of fuel and crashed on its own.

Or both?

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos