Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

kiowa

Re: DL and UA to swap gates at SEA; DL to build new SkyClub on A and vacate South Satellite

Tue May 11, 2021 4:38 pm

7673mech wrote:
tphuang wrote:
MIflyer12 wrote:

Please point to the informed, reliable source that shows DL's trend of profitability at SEA.

You should take a look at t100 load factor data for dl during the most recently available months. Sea is constantly among the worst.

DL still keeping middle seat empty.

Not anymore. I do not know of any airlines blocking middle seats. The plague must be over.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/03/31/business ... index.html

gunsontheroof

Re: DL and UA to swap gates at SEA; DL to build new SkyClub on A and vacate South Satellite

Tue May 11, 2021 4:45 pm

[twoid][/twoid]
clrd4t8koff wrote:
panamair wrote:
Loads on DL’s SEA-AMS ever since the restart have been relatively decent given the current situation; it is performing even better than BOS and JFK...

Both BOS and JFK also have two carriers (KL & DL) flying to AMS and double daily flights whereas SEA only has 1 carrier and 1 flight. So when everyone is packed on one flight the loads are going to look higher.

SEA was 2x daily to AMS during the summer pre-pandemic for years along with the CDG flight, which I believe was briefly 2x daily (DL, AF) as well.

clrd4t8koff

Tue May 11, 2021 6:41 pm

gunsontheroof wrote:
[twoid][/twoid]
clrd4t8koff wrote:
panamair wrote:
Loads on DL’s SEA-AMS ever since the restart have been relatively decent given the current situation; it is performing even better than BOS and JFK...

Both BOS and JFK also have two carriers (KL & DL) flying to AMS and double daily flights whereas SEA only has 1 carrier and 1 flight. So when everyone is packed on one flight the loads are going to look higher.

SEA was 2x daily to AMS during the summer pre-pandemic for years along with the CDG flight, which I believe was briefly 2x daily (DL, AF) as well.

I’m aware. Though the post I was commenting on was specifically referencing SEA-AMS since the restart this year and saying it’s doing better than BOS or JFK when both those stations have way more capacity.