Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

ahj2000
Topic Author

US now limiting Aerolíneas Argentinas’ flights

Tue May 18, 2021 11:50 pm

To combat recent restrictions on US arrivals at EZE, the US is going to put restrictions on Aerolíneas. Total reductions about 18% on their current ops.

https://simpleflying.com/us-limits-aero ... rgentinas/
(Sorry it’s from simple flying, I know, I know…I just can’t help myself)
-Andrés Juánez

TWA772LR

Re: US now limiting Aerolíneas Argentinas’ flights

Wed May 19, 2021 12:45 am

Sounds like a big blow to them.

Don't worry about simpleflying, I cringe when I open their articles but even a broken clock is right twice a day.
When wasn't America great?

The thoughts and opinions shared under this username are mine and are not influenced by my employer.

Elgorou

Wed May 19, 2021 1:15 am

Here another source more believable ( in spanish):

https://www.lanacion.com.ar/economia/po ... d18052021/

910A

Wed May 19, 2021 1:28 am

I suspect this nothing more than a power play..Quite a bit can happen in a month. The DOT has already used this method in various cases involving India and China. A resolution was agreed to before the sanctions went into effect.

dcajet

Wed May 19, 2021 1:45 am

ahj2000 wrote:
To combat recent restrictions on US arrivals at EZE, the US is going to put restrictions on Aerolíneas. Total reductions about 18% on their current ops.

https://simpleflying.com/us-limits-aero ... rgentinas/
(Sorry it’s from simple flying, I know, I know…I just can’t help myself)

The restrictions placed by Argentina are not specific to US arrivals, but to all international arrivals. It just happens that US arrival/departures represent most of the current international traffic in Argentina and it involves AA. DL, UA and AR.

Quid pro quo.
Keep calm and wash your hands.

ScottB

Wed May 19, 2021 5:43 am

dcajet wrote:
The restrictions placed by Argentina are not specific to US arrivals, but to all international arrivals. It just happens that US arrival/departures represent most of the current international traffic in Argentina and it involves AA. DL, UA and AR.

Well, they are apparently restricting departure and arrival times so as to avoid overcrowding the testing facilities. While that is a reasonable public health policy goal, it's also possible that the arrival/departure slots being offered to U.S. carriers might be commercially infeasible; i.e. a 2 PM arrival at EZE and a 5 PM departure. If the U.S. carriers are getting much worse slots then the Argentine government would be putting its thumb on the scale unfairly to benefit AR.

dcajet

Wed May 19, 2021 5:08 pm

ScottB wrote:
dcajet wrote:

Well, they are apparently restricting departure and arrival times so as to avoid overcrowding the testing facilities. While that is a reasonable public health policy goal, it's also possible that the arrival/departure slots being offered to U.S. carriers might be commercially infeasible; i.e. a 2 PM arrival at EZE and a 5 PM departure. If the U.S. carriers are getting much worse slots then the Argentine government would be putting its thumb on the scale unfairly to benefit AR.

The restrictions have been in place for a couple of months now. What drew the ire of the US DOT just now (at the request of the US airlines operating in Argentina, no doubt) is the fact that last week AR pretty much doubled overnight the number of nonstops to MIA, while AA, DL and UA continue to be restricted and having to submit to the ANAC on a biweekly basis their intended schedules to Argentina - for approval or rejection. Certainly not fair play; Argentina had it coming but then, it is hard to tell where the ANAC ends and AR begins under the current administration in Buenos Aires.
Keep calm and wash your hands.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos