Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

catiii

Re: JetBlue Officially Launching LHR/LGW

Sat May 22, 2021 7:50 pm

oxonrow wrote:
Given the narrow body metal, no lounge access, and difficulties growing at LHR, wouldn't LCY be the airport to target for B6?

On a separate note, it seems to me that competitive one-way/single pricing would be one way to address anti-competitive responses from the legacy carriers. Just walked off VS from JFK to LHR this morning, and while the A350 is a nice plane to travel, the quality of service (especially soft product) is far below expectations these days.

There isnt an airplane available in the fleet that would operate from LCY.

oxonrow

Sat May 22, 2021 7:55 pm

catiii wrote:
Ziyulu wrote:
Back then when UA and DL operated the 757s, they had to stop along the way to refuel. How less likely is it on a 321 to make the trip without refueling in the winter?

Completely false out of LHR. The 757s that had to make the rare tech stop were coming out of western Europe, not the Isles.

You keep making up falsehoods to support your narrative that the LR will need to make a westbound tech stop to NYC or BOS from London. It will not. Full stop.

...fuel stop.

catiii

Sat May 22, 2021 7:56 pm

JoseSalazar wrote:
Ziyulu wrote:
Back then when UA and DL operated the 757s, they had to stop along the way to refuel. How less likely is it on a 321 to make the trip without refueling in the winter?

https://epsilonaviation.wordpress.com/2 ... 321xlr-do/

I would guess with B6’s low density configuration it won’t have many problems making it. Westbound, full, winter, with bad weather and alternates further away than say EWR? Maybe? Guess we will see 6-9 months from now.

Again, the airplane is a 321 LONG RANGE (my emphasis). Why does everyone continue to think that JetBlue bought a TATL airplane that cant perform westbound from the UK?
Last edited by catiii on Sat May 22, 2021 7:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

catiii

Sat May 22, 2021 7:56 pm

oxonrow wrote:
catiii wrote:
Ziyulu wrote:

Completely false out of LHR. The 757s that had to make the rare tech stop were coming out of western Europe, not the Isles.

You keep making up falsehoods to support your narrative that the LR will need to make a westbound tech stop to NYC or BOS from London. It will not. Full stop.

...fuel stop.

Aka, a tech stop.

oxonrow

Sat May 22, 2021 8:12 pm

catiii wrote:
oxonrow wrote:
Given the narrow body metal, no lounge access, and difficulties growing at LHR, wouldn't LCY be the airport to target for B6?

On a separate note, it seems to me that competitive one-way/single pricing would be one way to address anti-competitive responses from the legacy carriers. Just walked off VS from JFK to LHR this morning, and while the A350 is a nice plane to travel, the quality of service (especially soft product) is far below expectations these days.

Isn't that something that could be remedied? Or is the said fuel stop an insurmountable constraint irrespective of B6's current fleet availability?

catiii

Sat May 22, 2021 8:49 pm

oxonrow wrote:
catiii wrote:
oxonrow wrote:

Isn't that something that could be remedied? Or is the said fuel stop an insurmountable constraint irrespective of B6's current fleet availability?

They would have to place an order for a new aircraft type that is certified for LCY (in this case the largest LCY certified aircraft is the 220-100), and take the tech stop westbound. Can it be remedied? Yes. Will they do it? Unlikely. If it was such a world beater, BA wouldn’t have killed their LCY-JFK.

Ziyulu

Sun May 23, 2021 3:11 am

BlueBaller wrote:
Ziyulu wrote:
Will they be serving meals on these flights?

A lot of your questions have been asked and answered both on this forum and by JetBlue press releases. Feel free to indulge in some independent research. Your inquiries are giving off big troll energy.

The only comment about meals in this forum was the following:

They are getting rid of the MINT RIG by the end of June I believe. By that I mean the people doing MINT get paid 8 hours each duty period, even when most of the duty periods are less than 8 hours in MINT. That is what kept MINT well staffed with happy campers. Flying to London is going to get old very fast, especially without the better than regular flying pay MINT people are use to. I predict they will have to train everyone for MINT in the future, because there will in no way be enough volunteers to do double the work in front of cabin for next to no extra pay. I know lots of people who have zero desire to work MINT, especially in the back of the trans Atlantic cabins where the FAs will be customizing meals for the entire core cabin , for a mind blowing extra 1$ per hour. lol

When I looked at JetBlue's website, it only mentioned specialty food and snacks. I think it's a fair question to ask. Maybe I should have rephrased for Y class? And if it would be BOB?

BlueBaller

Sun May 23, 2021 4:34 pm

Ziyulu wrote:
BlueBaller wrote:
Ziyulu wrote:
Will they be serving meals on these flights?

A lot of your questions have been asked and answered both on this forum and by JetBlue press releases. Feel free to indulge in some independent research. Your inquiries are giving off big troll energy.

The only comment about meals in this forum was the following:

They are getting rid of the MINT RIG by the end of June I believe. By that I mean the people doing MINT get paid 8 hours each duty period, even when most of the duty periods are less than 8 hours in MINT. That is what kept MINT well staffed with happy campers. Flying to London is going to get old very fast, especially without the better than regular flying pay MINT people are use to. I predict they will have to train everyone for MINT in the future, because there will in no way be enough volunteers to do double the work in front of cabin for next to no extra pay. I know lots of people who have zero desire to work MINT, especially in the back of the trans Atlantic cabins where the FAs will be customizing meals for the entire core cabin , for a mind blowing extra 1$ per hour. lol

When I looked at JetBlue's website, it only mentioned specialty food and snacks. I think it's a fair question to ask. Maybe I should have rephrased for Y class? And if it would be BOB?

The only comment in this thread* about meals was just recently brought up by a JetBlue Inflight crew member. But there are several threads and links to articles in this forum that can provide you a wealth of information, with only just the tiniest investment in self-study.

If you recall the Virgin America Inflight experience from a decade ago, the Core TATL cabin will be set up a lot like that with on demand options, several of which to choose from, and at a level of service which has yet to be experienced on a domestic narrowbody.

skipness1E

Sun May 23, 2021 6:29 pm

oxonrow wrote:

You can't get an A321NEO into LCY and even if you could you could neither taxi something that big or park it! So, no, LCY isn't an option unless they go for a standalone new fleet of something new.
As for the soft product on VS, COVID has impacted everyone surely?

JibberJim

Mon May 24, 2021 7:18 am

catiii wrote:
They would have to place an order for a new aircraft type that is certified for LCY (in this case the largest LCY certified aircraft is the 220-100), and take the tech stop westbound. Can it be remedied? Yes. Will they do it? Unlikely. If it was such a world beater, BA wouldn’t have killed their LCY-JFK.

Not that they have any remote possibility of doing it, but I understood the 220-100 can fly direct LCY-JFK so wouldn't need a stop?

seansasLCY

Mon May 24, 2021 10:44 am

JibberJim wrote:
catiii wrote:

Not that they have any remote possibility of doing it, but I understood the 220-100 can fly direct LCY-JFK so wouldn't need a stop?

The A221 test flight was configured in the equivilant of 40 business class seats with pax and bags and made it fine non-stop. I don't know how it would do with a mixed class configuration which I assume is maybe heavier because of more pax and bags.

catiii

Mon May 24, 2021 2:22 pm

JibberJim wrote:
catiii wrote:

They wouldn't do an all J configuration to make it nonstop (and it is a moot point because they have only -300s on order).

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos