Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

777Mech
Topic Author

Delta expands Cape Air partnership in BOS

Thu May 27, 2021 5:10 pm

https://www.companynewshq.com/company-n ... heast-u-s/

Seems like this really benefit Cape Air more than anything. The cities include BOS to:

Augusta, Maine (AUG), Bar Harbor, Maine (BHB), Hyannis, Mass. (HYA), Lebanon, N.H. (LEB), Martha’s Vineyard, Mass. (MVY), Nantucket, Mass. (ACK), Portland, Maine (PWM), Provincetown, Mass. (PVC), Rockland, Maine (RKD), Rutland, Vt. (RUT), Saranac Lake, N.Y. (SLK)

B757rocket

Re: Delta expands Cape Air partnership in BOS

Thu May 27, 2021 6:26 pm

Wow. Did not see that one. Though the trek from Terminal C to A or the other way around through Central Parking and back through the TSA will be an interesting one. I wonder if 9K (Cape Air) will move but I thought they still interlined
or codeshared with B6?
I agree, Cape Air seems to be the winner here.

sprxUSA

Thu May 27, 2021 6:33 pm

They should just run a van between A and C like they do in STL.
Gem State Airlines..."we have a gem of an airline"

KCaviator

Thu May 27, 2021 6:43 pm

Weren’t the Delta-branded Big Sky 1900s running some of these routes back in the day?

KCaviator

Thu May 27, 2021 6:49 pm

Passenger booking a ticket on Delta and realizing day-of the flight is on a 175: “omg this plane is soooo small”

Passenger booking a ticket on Delta and realizing day-of the flight is on a Cessna: :shock: :eek: :o

phatfarmlines

Thu May 27, 2021 6:51 pm

KCaviator wrote:
Weren’t the Delta-branded Big Sky 1900s running some of these routes back in the day?

Yes. A fun, but brief, time to see 1900s in the then-new Delta livery from 2007:

KCaviator

Thu May 27, 2021 7:07 pm

phatfarmlines wrote:
KCaviator wrote:

Yes. A fun, but brief, time to see 1900s in the then-new Delta livery from 2007:

Crazy to me that the current Delta livery was on a 1900. How times have changed.

MIflyer12

Thu May 27, 2021 8:40 pm

sprxUSA wrote:

That might be a lot of buses, depending on how Cape Air arrivals and departures are spread out. I know the Central Parking hike and would avoid it if I could - enough to be willing to connect in Newark instead. :D

WayexTDI

Thu May 27, 2021 8:50 pm

B757rocket wrote:
Wow. Did not see that one. Though the trek from Terminal C to A or the other way around through Central Parking and back through the TSA will be an interesting one. I wonder if 9K (Cape Air) will move but I thought they still interlined
or codeshared with B6?
I agree, Cape Air seems to be the winner here.

Cape Air is most likely the biggest winner of the 2; but Delta is also a winner in this, they do make those decisions on a philanthropic basis.

phllax

Thu May 27, 2021 9:37 pm

phatfarmlines wrote:
KCaviator wrote:

Crazier is that back in the 80's Delta flew BOS-PWM using 727's and 757's!

sprxUSA

Thu May 27, 2021 10:05 pm

MIflyer12 wrote:
sprxUSA wrote:

That might be a lot of buses, depending on how Cape Air arrivals and departures are spread out. I know the Central Parking hike and would avoid it if I could - enough to be willing to connect in Newark instead.

With 9 pax planes, I doubt there will be throngs of DL xferring pax.
Gem State Airlines..."we have a gem of an airline"

SyracuseAvGeek

Thu May 27, 2021 11:13 pm

sprxUSA wrote:
MIflyer12 wrote:
sprxUSA wrote:

That might be a lot of buses, depending on how Cape Air arrivals and departures are spread out. I know the Central Parking hike and would avoid it if I could - enough to be willing to connect in Newark instead.

Cape Air does have banks, they are usually pretty hectic. Crazy watching the bank come in and go out.

I wouldn’t be surprised if Cape Air started a shuttle on their own, other than JetBlue (and the international terminal), the rest of the airlines they interline with require re-clearing security.
"I haven't been everywhere yet, but it's on my list."

MIflyer12

Thu May 27, 2021 11:36 pm

sprxUSA wrote:
MIflyer12 wrote:
sprxUSA wrote:

It's not the number of buses for passenger capacity - it's the number to make the flight banks.

RJNUT

Thu May 27, 2021 11:48 pm

SyracuseAvGeek wrote:
sprxUSA wrote:
MIflyer12 wrote:

Cape Air does have banks, they are usually pretty hectic. Crazy watching the bank come in and go out.

I wouldn’t be surprised if Cape Air started a shuttle on their own, other than JetBlue (and the international terminal), the rest of the airlines they interline with require re-clearing security.

not very familiar with BOS.. Can one not walk from C to B post security so as to connect from 9K to AA and UA?

airbazar

Fri May 28, 2021 1:25 am

SyracuseAvGeek wrote:

Not for long but it's still a long walk from A to C.
The post-security B-C connector will be completed later this year but I can't recall the timeline for the A-B connector.

JBo

Fri May 28, 2021 3:42 am

phatfarmlines wrote:
KCaviator wrote:

It still bothers me that the top portion of the tail and the stabilizers weren't painted blue to match the rest of the tail (as was the usual practice for other 1900 liveries).
I'd take the awe of understanding over the awe of ignorance any day.

BTV290

Fri May 28, 2021 9:32 am

RJNUT wrote:
not very familiar with BOS.. Can one not walk from C to B post security so as to connect from 9K to AA and UA?

Nope. The only two terminals in BOS that are connected on the secure side are C and E. A and B are both stand-alone. Even within B, last I checked, the pod of gates that Air Canada comes and goes from is completely disconnected from the rest of the terminal with its own checkpoint.

iyerhari

Fri May 28, 2021 11:43 am

BTV290 wrote:
Nope. The only two terminals in BOS that are connected on the secure side are C and E. A and B are both stand-alone. Even within B, last I checked, the pod of gates that Air Canada comes and goes from is completely disconnected from the rest of the terminal with its own checkpoint.

Air Canada gates are all connected to the B1 concourse. B1 and B2 concourses are also connected and you can walk across the complete Terminal B. This was all connected in 2018-19 timeframe itself when Massport built the main security gates. I believe Massport had plans to do the Terminal B to C gates. I do not know when that is scheduled to get done.

par13del

Fri May 28, 2021 12:47 pm

KCaviator wrote:
Passenger booking a ticket on Delta and realizing day-of the flight is on a 175: “omg this plane is soooo small”

Passenger booking a ticket on Delta and realizing day-of the flight is on a Cessna: :shock: :eek: :o

If repeat visitors to some of those destinations, they will be fine since they know the area and may have never seen commercial jet's at the airport, now a tourist getting off a DL partner wide body jet from Europe in first class and connecting.....

WA707atMSP

Fri May 28, 2021 1:27 pm

I know it's not going to happen, but it would be nice if this was the first step toward a broader DL / Cape Air partnership, that would involve Cape Air bidding on EAS markets in the Dakotas, Iowa, and the Upper Peninsula, and connecting through MSP and DTW.

Places like Fort Dodge, Mason City, Ironwood, and Iron Mountain, have stronger ties to MSP than they do to ORD or DEN.

JBo

Fri May 28, 2021 2:13 pm

WA707atMSP wrote:
I know it's not going to happen, but it would be nice if this was the first step toward a broader DL / Cape Air partnership, that would involve Cape Air bidding on EAS markets in the Dakotas, Iowa, and the Upper Peninsula, and connecting through MSP and DTW.

Places like Fort Dodge, Mason City, Ironwood, and Iron Mountain, have stronger ties to MSP than they do to ORD or DEN.

Never say never. I mean, currently there's nothing preventing Cape Air from bidding on those routes and serving MSP on interline agreements alone. And if that scenario were to occur, I'm sure Cape could approach DL about expanding the codeshare agreement to those routes, just as they expanded their UA codeshare for their EAS routes going into ORD.

RJNUT

Fri May 28, 2021 2:27 pm

JBo wrote:
WA707atMSP wrote:

Never say never. I mean, currently there's nothing preventing Cape Air from bidding on those routes and serving MSP on interline agreements alone. And if that scenario were to occur, I'm sure Cape could approach DL about expanding the codeshare agreement to those routes, just as they expanded their UA codeshare for their EAS routes going into ORD.

UA and 9K do not have a code share into ORD, rather just interline. AA and 9K do have one , however. But regardless UA has complete network connectivity with ALL of 9k's networks on United.com.

JBo

Fri May 28, 2021 2:55 pm

RJNUT wrote:
JBo wrote:
WA707atMSP wrote:

UA and 9K do not have a code share into ORD, rather just interline. AA and 9K do have one , however. But regardless UA has complete network connectivity with ALL of 9k's networks on United.com.

Thanks for clarifying that! But that still reinforces my point that there's no reason 9K couldn't do the same at MSP, whether they have a codeshare with DL or not.

TWA302

Fri May 28, 2021 3:08 pm

sprxUSA wrote:

I honestly never knew that existed! I mean, the walk from A to C is not that far at all. I remember the mobile lounge that ran from D to C though.

acavpics

Fri May 28, 2021 3:38 pm

It is partnerships like these that exemplify the need for a DFW-style skylink in airports like BOS, JFK, and many more.
Not that I expect that to happen in my lifetime, but this partnership and the AA-B6 codeshare just point out how helpful a system like that would be.

airbazar

Fri May 28, 2021 4:42 pm

acavpics wrote:
It is partnerships like these that exemplify the need for a DFW-style skylink in airports like BOS, JFK, and many more.
Not that I expect that to happen in my lifetime, but this partnership and the AA-B6 codeshare just point out how helpful a system like that would be.

That's debatable. IIRC, pre-pandemic 95% of BOS passengers were O&D and neither this partnership nor the B6/AA partnership is likely to change that by any meaningful value. A inter-terminal bus shuttle would be cheaper and just as efficient.
The need for an airside people mover at BOS is at best a "nice to have" rather than a "must have". A landside people mover would be far more valuable because of the traffic congestion. Sadly BOS has now planned and cancelled a landside people mover, twice. First right after 9/11 and now during the Pandemic.
https://www.massport.com/capitalprogram ... tation.pdf

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos