Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

 
jeffrey0032j
Posts: 1111
Joined: Wed Jun 15, 2016 3:11 pm

Re: Updated: Used Delta Aircraft Purchase A359/737-900ER

Wed Aug 11, 2021 3:06 pm

graceintheair wrote:
I remember being on a Delta 757 that had Mandarin on the PSUs. I'm sure they got it used but was surprised they didn't change the fittings out.

Perhaps an ex-Tokyo based 757 with Japanese words (Kanji is similar to Chinese)? UA GUM based 737s have Japanese on the inside too.
 
FlyingMSY
Posts: 48
Joined: Sun Jun 19, 2016 10:06 pm

Re: Updated: Used Delta Aircraft Purchase A359/737-900ER

Wed Aug 11, 2021 3:29 pm

jeffrey0032j wrote:
graceintheair wrote:
I remember being on a Delta 757 that had Mandarin on the PSUs. I'm sure they got it used but was surprised they didn't change the fittings out.

Perhaps an ex-Tokyo based 757 with Japanese words (Kanji is similar to Chinese)? UA GUM based 737s have Japanese on the inside too.


Alternatively they could be from Shanghai Airlines, as DL did take them up after they were retired (N819-823DX)-- which also included the very last 757 off the line.
 
B757Forever
Posts: 956
Joined: Tue May 04, 2010 3:23 am

Re: Updated: Used Delta Aircraft Purchase A359/737-900ER

Wed Aug 11, 2021 3:42 pm

FlyingMSY wrote:
jeffrey0032j wrote:
graceintheair wrote:
I remember being on a Delta 757 that had Mandarin on the PSUs. I'm sure they got it used but was surprised they didn't change the fittings out.

Perhaps an ex-Tokyo based 757 with Japanese words (Kanji is similar to Chinese)? UA GUM based 737s have Japanese on the inside too.


Alternatively they could be from Shanghai Airlines, as DL did take them up after they were retired (N819-823DX)-- which also included the very last 757 off the line.



Delta 757 ship 691 was built for Shanghai but not delivered. It had placards in both English and Mandarin until it was reworked.
 
RoyalBrunei757
Posts: 874
Joined: Mon Apr 12, 2021 6:18 am

Re: Updated: Used Delta Aircraft Purchase A359/737-900ER

Wed Aug 11, 2021 3:49 pm

jeffrey0032j wrote:
graceintheair wrote:
I remember being on a Delta 757 that had Mandarin on the PSUs. I'm sure they got it used but was surprised they didn't change the fittings out.

Perhaps an ex-Tokyo based 757 with Japanese words (Kanji is similar to Chinese)? UA GUM based 737s have Japanese on the inside too.

I think the 757 graceintheair saw was from Shanghai Airlines. They bought the last few ex-Shanghai Airlines B757-26D off production line N820DX - N823DX and N900PC.

Edit: FlyingMSY beats me to it! Lol
 
MIflyer12
Posts: 10452
Joined: Mon Feb 18, 2013 11:58 pm

Re: Updated: Used Delta Aircraft Purchase A359/737-900ER

Wed Aug 11, 2021 4:27 pm

Does anybody - paging 777Mech - know the scope of refit for the 739ERs? New seats, or just covers? I presume the in-house AVOD. PSUs? Sidewalls? Bins?
 
Prost
Posts: 2721
Joined: Wed Oct 03, 2012 6:23 pm

Re: Updated: Used Delta Aircraft Purchase A359/737-900ER

Wed Aug 11, 2021 4:39 pm

Regarding the ex-Gol planes, there is a tiny difference in the forward closet assembly at door 1 left. It’s pretty subtle, all of the Flight Attendants notice it, but few passengers would know to look for it.
 
cokepopper
Posts: 530
Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 9:44 pm

Re: Updated: Used Delta Aircraft Purchase A359/737-900ER

Wed Aug 11, 2021 6:04 pm

B757Forever wrote:
FlyingMSY wrote:
jeffrey0032j wrote:
Perhaps an ex-Tokyo based 757 with Japanese words (Kanji is similar to Chinese)? UA GUM based 737s have Japanese on the inside too.


Alternatively they could be from Shanghai Airlines, as DL did take them up after they were retired (N819-823DX)-- which also included the very last 757 off the line.



Delta 757 ship 691 was built for Shanghai but not delivered. It had placards in both English and Mandarin until it was reworked.



I remember when we first got these the first class seats had pull out foot rest. That’s how we knew they were the Shanghai birds.
 
User avatar
DL_Mech
Posts: 2817
Joined: Fri Feb 18, 2000 7:48 am

Re: Updated: Used Delta Aircraft Purchase A359/737-900ER

Thu Aug 12, 2021 4:04 am

cokepopper wrote:

I remember when we first got these the first class seats had pull out foot rest. That’s how we knew they were the Shanghai birds.


Those were the ex-Singapore/ATA birds (6901-6904). Those foot rests didn’t last long. They also had a double jump seat at 2R with only one seatbelt.
 
RoyalBrunei757
Posts: 874
Joined: Mon Apr 12, 2021 6:18 am

Re: Updated: Used Delta Aircraft Purchase A359/737-900ER

Thu Aug 12, 2021 4:54 am

Ex Thai Lion Air HS-LTH heading over to US mainland now.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CSdZoFtrlCY ... =copy_link
 
RoyalBrunei757
Posts: 874
Joined: Mon Apr 12, 2021 6:18 am

Re: Updated: Used Delta Aircraft Purchase A359/737-900ER

Thu Aug 12, 2021 4:05 pm

RoyalBrunei757 wrote:
Ex Thai Lion Air HS-LTH heading over to US mainland now.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CSdZoFtrlCY ... =copy_link

Updated by Skyliner-aviation.de now:
Boeing 737 -9GPER 38690 4495 VP-CFD ? ferried 05-06aug21 KUL-GUM-HNL-SBD, for Delta Air Lines ex 9M-LNJ
Boeing 737 -9GPER 38732 4484 VP-CFU UMB Bank ferried 11-12aug21 KUL-GUM-HNL-SBD ex 9M-LNH
Boeing 737 -9GPER 38739 4657 VP-CFX UMB Bank ferried 10-11aug21 CGK-GUM-HNL-SBD, for Delta Air Lines ex HS-LTH
Source: https://www.skyliner-aviation.de/regdb. ... av4&page=3
 
audidudi
Posts: 3197
Joined: Fri Oct 26, 2007 4:35 pm

Re: Updated: Used Delta Aircraft Purchase A359/737-900ER

Thu Aug 12, 2021 4:06 pm

Updated by Skyliner-aviation.de now:
Boeing 737 -9GPER 38690 4495 VP-CFD UMB Bank ferried 05-06 August 2021 KUL-GUM-HNL-SBD, for Delta Air Lines, ex 9M-LNJ
Boeing 737 -9GPER 38732 4484 VP-CFU UMB Bank ferried 11-12 August 2021 KUL-GUM-HNL-SBD, for Delta Air Lines, ex 9M-LNH
Boeing 737 -9GPER 38739 4657 VP-CFX UMB Bank ferried 10-11 August 2021 CGK-GUM-HNL-SBD, for Delta Air Lines, ex HS-LTH
Source: https://www.skyliner-aviation.de/regdb. ... av4&page=3
https://flightaware.com/live/flight/VPCFU
https://flightaware.com/live/flight/VPCFX
 
User avatar
JerseyFlyer
Posts: 1856
Joined: Fri May 25, 2007 7:24 pm

Re: Updated: Used Delta Aircraft Purchase A359/737-900ER

Thu Aug 12, 2021 4:49 pm

The B739s are arriving at a fast pace. Any movement on the A359s?
 
WidebodyPTV
Posts: 782
Joined: Fri Sep 20, 2019 9:06 pm

Re: Updated: Used Delta Aircraft Purchase A359/737-900ER

Thu Aug 12, 2021 6:36 pm

JerseyFlyer wrote:
The B739s are arriving at a fast pace. Any movement on the A359s?


They might be moving at a fast pace, but they won’t begin overhaul over next year, and per the quarterly filing, they’ll enter service through 2023 (not a typo).
 
flyboy80
Posts: 2157
Joined: Fri Jul 13, 2001 8:10 am

Re: Updated: Used Delta Aircraft Purchase A359/737-900ER

Thu Aug 12, 2021 7:16 pm

Will any of these 737s make it into service by next summer, hearing conflicting reports. I assume there is a lot of overall maintenance and certification along with all the cosmetic updates- could take several months and perhaps limited by capacity.
 
WidebodyPTV
Posts: 782
Joined: Fri Sep 20, 2019 9:06 pm

Re: Updated: Used Delta Aircraft Purchase A359/737-900ER

Thu Aug 12, 2021 7:41 pm

flyboy80 wrote:
Will any of these 737s make it into service by next summer, hearing conflicting reports. I assume there is a lot of overall maintenance and certification along with all the cosmetic updates- could take several months and perhaps limited by capacity.


Per the 10Q:
Also during the June 2021 quarter, we agreed to acquire 29 737-900 aircraft and enter into leases for seven A350-900 aircraft. Deliveries of these pre-owned aircraft are expected to occur by the first quarter of 2022 with phased entry into service expected through the summer of 2023.

So, all of the planes will be on property by Q1 2022, and they'll be staged into service through summer 2023. I'd suspect at least some of the 739 will be in service by next summer.
 
777Mech
Posts: 1297
Joined: Sun Sep 11, 2016 10:54 pm

Re: Updated: Used Delta Aircraft Purchase A359/737-900ER

Thu Aug 12, 2021 7:45 pm

flyboy80 wrote:
Will any of these 737s make it into service by next summer, hearing conflicting reports. I assume there is a lot of overall maintenance and certification along with all the cosmetic updates- could take several months and perhaps limited by capacity.


There will be quite a few in service, and that's why they'll be doing these mods in phases much like they did with the GOL frames. First phase is likely seats, AVOD, IFC and plugging that exit, and later on they will be doing bins, lavs and whatever else needed to bring them up to marketing standard.

There doesn't need to be any certification done because the seat layout and exits will be the exact same as the current fleet. After mods they'll just need an FDA and 121 inspection, and those only take 2 days tops.
 
SELMER40
Posts: 273
Joined: Sat Jan 26, 2013 9:07 pm

Re: Updated: Used Delta Aircraft Purchase A359/737-900ER

Thu Aug 12, 2021 10:37 pm

777Mech wrote:
There will be quite a few in service, and that's why they'll be doing these mods in phases much like they did with the GOL frames. First phase is likely seats, AVOD, IFC and plugging that exit, and later on they will be doing bins, lavs and whatever else needed to bring them up to marketing standard.

The seat maps I have found for Lion Air 739s show 2 lavs aft and Delta's shows 3 lavs aft. How will that change work in the mods?
 
777Mech
Posts: 1297
Joined: Sun Sep 11, 2016 10:54 pm

Re: Updated: Used Delta Aircraft Purchase A359/737-900ER

Thu Aug 12, 2021 11:06 pm

SELMER40 wrote:
777Mech wrote:
There will be quite a few in service, and that's why they'll be doing these mods in phases much like they did with the GOL frames. First phase is likely seats, AVOD, IFC and plugging that exit, and later on they will be doing bins, lavs and whatever else needed to bring them up to marketing standard.

The seat maps I have found for Lion Air 739s show 2 lavs aft and Delta's shows 3 lavs aft. How will that change work in the mods?


I haven't checked their seat maps, so if they have the mid cabin lav then that will be obviously moved to the first phase of mods.
They will do the bare minimum in the 1st phase to get it through and into the network asap, and the second phase will be the minor differences that will bring them up to marketing standards.
 
WidebodyPTV
Posts: 782
Joined: Fri Sep 20, 2019 9:06 pm

Re: Updated: Used Delta Aircraft Purchase A359/737-900ER

Fri Aug 13, 2021 12:28 am

777Mech wrote:
SELMER40 wrote:
777Mech wrote:
There will be quite a few in service, and that's why they'll be doing these mods in phases much like they did with the GOL frames. First phase is likely seats, AVOD, IFC and plugging that exit, and later on they will be doing bins, lavs and whatever else needed to bring them up to marketing standard.

The seat maps I have found for Lion Air 739s show 2 lavs aft and Delta's shows 3 lavs aft. How will that change work in the mods?


I haven't checked their seat maps, so if they have the mid cabin lav then that will be obviously moved to the first phase of mods.
They will do the bare minimum in the 1st phase to get it through and into the network asap, and the second phase will be the minor differences that will bring them up to marketing standards.


Why is DL taking until summer 2023 to get all 29 aircraft into service? Is it because of throughput limitations, or to limit the amount of capacity coming online? If it's the latter, it seems like they could save time and money by refurbishing the aircraft in its entirety. I was on a pair of Malindo flights about two years ago, and the aircraft were in excellent shape with the modern amenity package, so I suspect that converting the interiors won't be that involved.
 
777Mech
Posts: 1297
Joined: Sun Sep 11, 2016 10:54 pm

Re: Updated: Used Delta Aircraft Purchase A359/737-900ER

Fri Aug 13, 2021 12:53 am

WidebodyPTV wrote:
777Mech wrote:
SELMER40 wrote:
The seat maps I have found for Lion Air 739s show 2 lavs aft and Delta's shows 3 lavs aft. How will that change work in the mods?


I haven't checked their seat maps, so if they have the mid cabin lav then that will be obviously moved to the first phase of mods.
They will do the bare minimum in the 1st phase to get it through and into the network asap, and the second phase will be the minor differences that will bring them up to marketing standards.


Why is DL taking until summer 2023 to get all 29 aircraft into service? Is it because of throughput limitations, or to limit the amount of capacity coming online? If it's the latter, it seems like they could save time and money by refurbishing the aircraft in its entirety. I was on a pair of Malindo flights about two years ago, and the aircraft were in excellent shape with the modern amenity package, so I suspect that converting the interiors won't be that involved.


I believe it's a issue of capacity and both MROs and in-house work. They're bursting at the seams with work, and they still have aircraft parked awaiting space for maintenance.
 
hannah9898
Posts: 47
Joined: Mon Apr 06, 2020 12:58 pm

Re: Updated: Used Delta Aircraft Purchase A359/737-900ER

Fri Aug 13, 2021 2:57 am

audidudi wrote:
Updated by Skyliner-aviation.de now:
Boeing 737 -9GPER 38690 4495 VP-CFD UMB Bank ferried 05-06 August 2021 KUL-GUM-HNL-SBD, for Delta Air Lines, ex 9M-LNJ
Boeing 737 -9GPER 38732 4484 VP-CFU UMB Bank ferried 11-12 August 2021 KUL-GUM-HNL-SBD, for Delta Air Lines, ex 9M-LNH
Boeing 737 -9GPER 38739 4657 VP-CFX UMB Bank ferried 10-11 August 2021 CGK-GUM-HNL-SBD, for Delta Air Lines, ex HS-LTH
Source: https://www.skyliner-aviation.de/regdb. ... av4&page=3
https://flightaware.com/live/flight/VPCFU
https://flightaware.com/live/flight/VPCFX

Thai Lion may not be flying anymore. So all B738 of Thai Lion will likely return to JT after Pandemic with 17 of its B739 go to Delta. They just furlough all their staff as well. 6 B739 of Batik Air will join fleet next year. This year only former SL and OD B739 that will join DL fleet.
 
User avatar
FiscAutTecGarte
Posts: 553
Joined: Tue Dec 24, 2019 6:40 pm

Re: Updated: Used Delta Aircraft Purchase A359/737-900ER

Fri Aug 13, 2021 3:29 am

This is a fascinating thread with so many details related to the transfer of assets from many airlines to another. Thanks to all who are contributing to it. Learning quite a bit.
 
Nimda
Posts: 28
Joined: Fri Feb 05, 2021 9:05 am

Re: Updated: Used Delta Aircraft Purchase A359/737-900ER

Fri Aug 13, 2021 10:35 am

3 more Thai Lion B739s just landed at CGK from DMK. This time are HS-LTK/LTJ/LTL. Heading to US in next few days?

https://flightaware.com/live/flight/HSL ... /VTBD/WIII
https://flightaware.com/live/flight/HSL ... /VTBD/WIII
https://flightaware.com/live/flight/HSL ... /VTBD/WIII
 
hannah9898
Posts: 47
Joined: Mon Apr 06, 2020 12:58 pm

Re: Updated: Used Delta Aircraft Purchase A359/737-900ER

Fri Aug 13, 2021 10:51 am

Nimda wrote:
3 more Thai Lion B739s just landed at CGK from DMK. This time are HS-LTK/LTJ/LTL. Heading to US in next few days?

https://flightaware.com/live/flight/HSL ... /VTBD/WIII
https://flightaware.com/live/flight/HSL ... /VTBD/WIII
https://flightaware.com/live/flight/HSL ... /VTBD/WIII

Yes. HS-LTT will also leave for CGK soon and all other Thai Lion fleet will also leave for CGK before end of month. This is probably the beginning end of Thai Lion Air.
 
cokepopper
Posts: 530
Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 9:44 pm

Re: Updated: Used Delta Aircraft Purchase A359/737-900ER

Mon Aug 16, 2021 2:33 pm

DL_Mech wrote:
cokepopper wrote:

I remember when we first got these the first class seats had pull out foot rest. That’s how we knew they were the Shanghai birds.


Those were the ex-Singapore/ATA birds (6901-6904). Those foot rests didn’t last long. They also had a double jump seat at 2R with only one seatbelt.


Ahh thank you! ATA ✅
 
Lootess
Posts: 746
Joined: Sun May 13, 2018 6:15 am

Re: Updated: Used Delta Aircraft Purchase A359/737-900ER

Mon Aug 16, 2021 2:45 pm

RoyalBrunei757 wrote:
jeffrey0032j wrote:
graceintheair wrote:
I remember being on a Delta 757 that had Mandarin on the PSUs. I'm sure they got it used but was surprised they didn't change the fittings out.

Perhaps an ex-Tokyo based 757 with Japanese words (Kanji is similar to Chinese)? UA GUM based 737s have Japanese on the inside too.

I think the 757 graceintheair saw was from Shanghai Airlines. They bought the last few ex-Shanghai Airlines B757-26D off production line N820DX - N823DX and N900PC.

Edit: FlyingMSY beats me to it! Lol


Yeah the Ex-Shanghai designated birds had placards in Mandarin and English, and PSUs were blue. Which was a good choice if you ask me.
 
VC10DC10
Posts: 677
Joined: Sun Apr 30, 2006 9:56 am

Re: Updated: Used Delta Aircraft Purchase A359/737-900ER

Mon Aug 16, 2021 3:13 pm

WidebodyPTV wrote:
Why is DL taking until summer 2023 to get all 29 aircraft into service?


The way I read it, the summer 2023 date refers to both the 29 737s and the seven A350s, so there's a chance the narrowbodies will be finished much sooner.
 
Western727
Posts: 2151
Joined: Wed Jan 03, 2007 12:38 pm

Re: Updated: Used Delta Aircraft Purchase A359/737-900ER

Mon Aug 16, 2021 3:16 pm

DL_Mech wrote:
cokepopper wrote:

I remember when we first got these the first class seats had pull out foot rest. That’s how we knew they were the Shanghai birds.


Those were the ex-Singapore/ATA birds (6901-6904). Those foot rests didn’t last long. They also had a double jump seat at 2R with only one seatbelt.


Only one seat belt? Sure got me curious. Do you have any idea what the logic was behind not installing a 2nd seat belt on a double jump seat?
 
User avatar
DLHAM
Posts: 712
Joined: Sat Dec 31, 2016 1:10 am

Re: Updated: Used Delta Aircraft Purchase A359/737-900ER

Mon Aug 16, 2021 3:30 pm

Are they going to install Split Scimitar Winglets on these 737s?
 
timf
Posts: 642
Joined: Wed Mar 05, 2003 8:36 am

Re: Updated: Used Delta Aircraft Purchase A359/737-900ER

Mon Aug 16, 2021 3:39 pm

hannah9898 wrote:
Thai Lion may not be flying anymore. So all B738 of Thai Lion will likely return to JT after Pandemic with 17 of its B739 go to Delta. They just furlough all their staff as well. 6 B739 of Batik Air will join fleet next year. This year only former SL and OD B739 that will join DL fleet.

The Southern California Boneyard thread reports that ex-Lion Air PK-LJT and PK-LKO have arrived and are destined for Delta. These aircraft were not included in the groups of aircraft you indicated were coming or the list I composed based on your information. Are they actually destined for someone else, or is Delta getting aircraft other than the fleets you identified?
 
Prost
Posts: 2721
Joined: Wed Oct 03, 2012 6:23 pm

Re: Updated: Used Delta Aircraft Purchase A359/737-900ER

Mon Aug 16, 2021 3:57 pm

Western727 wrote:

Only one seat belt? Sure got me curious. Do you have any idea what the logic was behind not installing a 2nd seat belt on a double jump seat?


I wonder if it was because there was only one oxygen mask in the FA PSU?
 
User avatar
VCVSpotter
Posts: 1997
Joined: Mon May 04, 2020 6:10 am

Re: Updated: Used Delta Aircraft Purchase A359/737-900ER

Mon Aug 16, 2021 4:37 pm

timf wrote:
hannah9898 wrote:
Thai Lion may not be flying anymore. So all B738 of Thai Lion will likely return to JT after Pandemic with 17 of its B739 go to Delta. They just furlough all their staff as well. 6 B739 of Batik Air will join fleet next year. This year only former SL and OD B739 that will join DL fleet.

The Southern California Boneyard thread reports that ex-Lion Air PK-LJT and PK-LKO have arrived and are destined for Delta. These aircraft were not included in the groups of aircraft you indicated were coming or the list I composed based on your information. Are they actually destined for someone else, or is Delta getting aircraft other than the fleets you identified?


Hello, that information was the most likely scenario but I haven’t confirmed it with either SBD, Lion Air, or Delta insiders. Just an FYI. It’d be hell of a coincidence since Lion Group have been storing aircraft in Australia and not SoCal, but :confused:
 
User avatar
DL_Mech
Posts: 2817
Joined: Fri Feb 18, 2000 7:48 am

Re: Updated: Used Delta Aircraft Purchase A359/737-900ER

Mon Aug 16, 2021 7:06 pm

Western727 wrote:
DL_Mech wrote:
cokepopper wrote:

I remember when we first got these the first class seats had pull out foot rest. That’s how we knew they were the Shanghai birds.


Those were the ex-Singapore/ATA birds (6901-6904). Those foot rests didn’t last long. They also had a double jump seat at 2R with only one seatbelt.


Only one seat belt? Sure got me curious. Do you have any idea what the logic was behind not installing a 2nd seat belt on a double jump seat?


Consistency with other planes in the fleet. Delta only had a single jump seat at 2R.
 
WidebodyPTV
Posts: 782
Joined: Fri Sep 20, 2019 9:06 pm

Re: Updated: Used Delta Aircraft Purchase A359/737-900ER

Mon Aug 16, 2021 9:13 pm

timf wrote:
hannah9898 wrote:
Thai Lion may not be flying anymore. So all B738 of Thai Lion will likely return to JT after Pandemic with 17 of its B739 go to Delta. They just furlough all their staff as well. 6 B739 of Batik Air will join fleet next year. This year only former SL and OD B739 that will join DL fleet.

The Southern California Boneyard thread reports that ex-Lion Air PK-LJT and PK-LKO have arrived and are destined for Delta. These aircraft were not included in the groups of aircraft you indicated were coming or the list I composed based on your information. Are they actually destined for someone else, or is Delta getting aircraft other than the fleets you identified?


Both aircraft are among a handful of 2012 build aircraft previously identified as being owned by Castlelake, so it's a reasonable assumption that both are headed to DL. He acknowledged earlier that he was speculating as to which aircraft were headed to DL. Some of his assumptions were correct, but it was inevitable that not all would be given that the listing included aircraft not owned by Castlelake (and other frames identified as being owned by Castlelake weren't included).
 
hannah9898
Posts: 47
Joined: Mon Apr 06, 2020 12:58 pm

Re: Updated: Used Delta Aircraft Purchase A359/737-900ER

Sat Aug 21, 2021 9:03 am

For information regarding upcoming arrivals of B739 for DL. Look at this too. So far about 10 B739 has been position to US to join the fleet.

http://hnlrarebirds.blogspot.com/
 
audidudi
Posts: 3197
Joined: Fri Oct 26, 2007 4:35 pm

Re: Updated: Used Delta Aircraft Purchase A359/737-900ER

Tue Aug 24, 2021 5:00 pm

Two more ex LionAir B739ERs have been registered in the Cayman Islands, with the first already in SBD and the second enroute from GUM-HNL-SBD. A third frame, HS-LTK, is awaiting being registered and ferrying from CGK-GUM-HNL-SBD:

Boeing 737-9GPER 38748 4822 VP-CIE UMB Bank ferried 13/21-23 Aug 2021 DML-CGK-GUM-HNL-SBD, regd at CGK, for Delta Air Lines, ex HS-LTL
Boeing 737-9GPER 39823 5070 VP-CIK UMB Bank ferried 13/23-25 Aug 2021 DML-CGK-GUM-HNL-SBD, regd at CGK, for Delta Air Lines, ex HS-LTJ

https://flightaware.com/live/flight/VPCIE

https://flightaware.com/live/flight/HSLTK
 
RoyalBrunei757
Posts: 874
Joined: Mon Apr 12, 2021 6:18 am

Re: Updated: Used Delta Aircraft Purchase A359/737-900ER

Thu Aug 26, 2021 10:34 am

audidudi wrote:
Two more ex LionAir B739ERs have been registered in the Cayman Islands, with the first already in SBD and the second enroute from GUM-HNL-SBD. A third frame, HS-LTK, is awaiting being registered and ferrying from CGK-GUM-HNL-SBD:

Boeing 737-9GPER 38748 4822 VP-CIE UMB Bank ferried 13/21-23 Aug 2021 DML-CGK-GUM-HNL-SBD, regd at CGK, for Delta Air Lines, ex HS-LTL
Boeing 737-9GPER 39823 5070 VP-CIK UMB Bank ferried 13/23-25 Aug 2021 DML-CGK-GUM-HNL-SBD, regd at CGK, for Delta Air Lines, ex HS-LTJ

https://flightaware.com/live/flight/VPCIE

https://flightaware.com/live/flight/HSLTK

Should read as DMK-CGK. Surprised to see both of them went to CGK prior to export to the US. The others so far went to GUM straight from DMK/ KUL.
 
timf
Posts: 642
Joined: Wed Mar 05, 2003 8:36 am

Re: Updated: Used Delta Aircraft Purchase A359/737-900ER

Fri Aug 27, 2021 8:43 pm

Many of the ferried aircraft had N-numbers assigned this week. Here's a running total of all 739ERs registered so far. It appears they are sequencing them by MSN rather than LN.

N939DG - 38684/4266 ex PK-LKO
N943DB - 38690/4495 ex VP-CFD, 9M-LNJ
N944DR - 38720/4056 ex PK-LJT
N948DJ - 38732/4484 ex VP-CFU, 9M-LNH
N949DK - 38736/4592 ex 9M-LNL
N950DA - 38737/4600 ex 9M-LNK
N951DA - 38739/4657 ex VP-CFX, HS-LTH
 
RoyalBrunei757
Posts: 874
Joined: Mon Apr 12, 2021 6:18 am

Re: Updated: Used Delta Aircraft Purchase A359/737-900ER

Sat Aug 28, 2021 1:58 am

RoyalBrunei757 wrote:
audidudi wrote:
Two more ex LionAir B739ERs have been registered in the Cayman Islands, with the first already in SBD and the second enroute from GUM-HNL-SBD. A third frame, HS-LTK, is awaiting being registered and ferrying from CGK-GUM-HNL-SBD:

Boeing 737-9GPER 38748 4822 VP-CIE UMB Bank ferried 13/21-23 Aug 2021 DML-CGK-GUM-HNL-SBD, regd at CGK, for Delta Air Lines, ex HS-LTL
Boeing 737-9GPER 39823 5070 VP-CIK UMB Bank ferried 13/23-25 Aug 2021 DML-CGK-GUM-HNL-SBD, regd at CGK, for Delta Air Lines, ex HS-LTJ

https://flightaware.com/live/flight/VPCIE

https://flightaware.com/live/flight/HSLTK

Should read as DMK-CGK. Surprised to see both of them went to CGK prior to export to the US. The others so far went to GUM straight from DMK/ KUL.

Another heads over. Thai Lion Air HS-LTK now re-registered as VP-CEL. https://www.instagram.com/p/CTGXVN_lVh8 ... =copy_link
 
hannah9898
Posts: 47
Joined: Mon Apr 06, 2020 12:58 pm

Re: Updated: Used Delta Aircraft Purchase A359/737-900ER

Sat Aug 28, 2021 9:33 am

HS-LTT is now the sole SL B739 that will be solded to DL soon. Now still stored at CGK before ferried to US in couple of days from now. After the last OD/SL B739 solded, I wonder which one is the next that will join? ID B739 next?
 
audidudi
Posts: 3197
Joined: Fri Oct 26, 2007 4:35 pm

Re: Updated: Used Delta Aircraft Purchase A359/737-900ER

Sun Sep 05, 2021 5:25 pm

The next B739 is enroute to SBD, but the ex-reg is currently unknown:

Boeing 737-9GPER VP-CEP Castlelake ferried 04-06 Sept 2021 CGK-GUM-HNL-SBD, for Delta Air Lines, ex PK- ?

https://flightaware.com/live/flight/VPCEP
 
audidudi
Posts: 3197
Joined: Fri Oct 26, 2007 4:35 pm

Re: Updated: Used Delta Aircraft Purchase A359/737-900ER

Sun Sep 05, 2021 5:34 pm

hannah9898 wrote:
HS-LTT is now the sole SL B739 that will be solded to DL soon. Now still stored at CGK before ferried to US in couple of days from now. After the last OD/SL B739 solded, I wonder which one is the next that will join? ID B739 next?

It cannot be HS-LTT that you are referring to here, as that frame hasn't been stored at CGK, and is flying daily:
https://www.flightradar24.com/data/aircraft/hs-ltt
 
wjcandee
Posts: 11194
Joined: Mon Jun 05, 2000 12:50 am

Re: Updated: Used Delta Aircraft Purchase A359/737-900ER

Sun Sep 05, 2021 7:13 pm

GMF Aeroasia has the largest narrowbody hangar in the world there at CGK. (Hangar 4; about 750,000 sq ft; 16 lines.)

Wonder whether DL could have them do some of the conversion work. (They're part-owned by KLM.)
 
User avatar
DL757NYC
Posts: 449
Joined: Wed Nov 02, 2016 6:07 am

Re: Updated: Used Delta Aircraft Purchase A359/737-900ER

Sun Sep 05, 2021 8:14 pm

B757Forever wrote:
FlyingMSY wrote:
jeffrey0032j wrote:
Perhaps an ex-Tokyo based 757 with Japanese words (Kanji is similar to Chinese)? UA GUM based 737s have Japanese on the inside too.


Alternatively they could be from Shanghai Airlines, as DL did take them up after they were retired (N819-823DX)-- which also included the very last 757 off the line.



Delta 757 ship 691 was built for Shanghai but not delivered. It had placards in both English and Mandarin until it was reworked.



I remember that plane it has signs in another language. The deals I remember most were the ex TW birds they bought and the Shanghai birds
 
FlyingMSY
Posts: 48
Joined: Sun Jun 19, 2016 10:06 pm

Re: Updated: Used Delta Aircraft Purchase A359/737-900ER

Tue Sep 07, 2021 5:44 pm

DL757NYC wrote:
B757Forever wrote:
FlyingMSY wrote:

Alternatively they could be from Shanghai Airlines, as DL did take them up after they were retired (N819-823DX)-- which also included the very last 757 off the line.



Delta 757 ship 691 was built for Shanghai but not delivered. It had placards in both English and Mandarin until it was reworked.



I remember that plane it has signs in another language. The deals I remember most were the ex TW birds they bought and the Shanghai birds


There's also ex-Singapore Airlines 757s (although by now they've been retired as well... N750, 51, 52, and 57AT respectively.) But other than those and one lone AM example, there aren't any other foreign 757s that were in DL's service.
 
Lootess
Posts: 746
Joined: Sun May 13, 2018 6:15 am

Re: Updated: Used Delta Aircraft Purchase A359/737-900ER

Tue Sep 07, 2021 8:06 pm

wjcandee wrote:
GMF Aeroasia has the largest narrowbody hangar in the world there at CGK. (Hangar 4; about 750,000 sq ft; 16 lines.)

Wonder whether DL could have them do some of the conversion work. (They're part-owned by KLM.)


I wouldn't be surprised if they shuffle the vendor deck to start moving some of the 739s on-property online sooner than originally planned.

The sale was opportunistic in the first place, and they likely made this deal on a shorter timeline than they would on taking order options. Who is to say they won't make more opportunistic decisions considering they are exploding with MRO work.
 
User avatar
lightsaber
Moderator
Posts: 23363
Joined: Wed Jan 19, 2005 10:55 pm

Re: Updated: Used Delta Aircraft Purchase A359/737-900ER

Tue Sep 07, 2021 8:58 pm

Lootess wrote:
wjcandee wrote:
GMF Aeroasia has the largest narrowbody hangar in the world there at CGK. (Hangar 4; about 750,000 sq ft; 16 lines.)

Wonder whether DL could have them do some of the conversion work. (They're part-owned by KLM.)


I wouldn't be surprised if they shuffle the vendor deck to start moving some of the 739s on-property online sooner than originally planned.

The sale was opportunistic in the first place, and they likely made this deal on a shorter timeline than they would on taking order options. Who is to say they won't make more opportunistic decisions considering they are exploding with MRO work.

How long does it take to reconfigure to the DL configuration? The TSA checkpoint numbers show a say 5% drop from July. Anecdotally, I see checking fares, they have dropped (I cannot believe how cheap I flew last week, $161 r/t before taxes/fees TCON and a friend took a few dollars cheaper flight, both bought the week prior.). So yields are not pushing for a fast entry until next summer, in my opinion. However, DL should get these ready by May 2022, again, in my opinion.
https://www.tsa.gov/coronavirus/passenger-throughput

Lightsaber
 
Boof02671
Posts: 2900
Joined: Sun Jul 10, 2016 12:15 am

Re: Updated: Used Delta Aircraft Purchase A359/737-900ER

Tue Sep 07, 2021 9:37 pm

Interesting they use VP registering then in the Virgin Islands for their ferry flights.
 
audidudi
Posts: 3197
Joined: Fri Oct 26, 2007 4:35 pm

Re: Updated: Used Delta Aircraft Purchase A359/737-900ER

Tue Sep 07, 2021 10:10 pm

Boof02671 wrote:
Interesting they use VP registering then in the Virgin Islands for their ferry flights.

Some of these B739ERs have been registered with VP-Cxx registrations which are from the Cayman Islands.
VP-LVx registrations are from the British Virgin Islands, though the registry isn't maintained.
 
777Mech
Posts: 1297
Joined: Sun Sep 11, 2016 10:54 pm

Re: Updated: Used Delta Aircraft Purchase A359/737-900ER

Tue Sep 07, 2021 11:44 pm

Lootess wrote:
wjcandee wrote:
GMF Aeroasia has the largest narrowbody hangar in the world there at CGK. (Hangar 4; about 750,000 sq ft; 16 lines.)

Wonder whether DL could have them do some of the conversion work. (They're part-owned by KLM.)


I wouldn't be surprised if they shuffle the vendor deck to start moving some of the 739s on-property online sooner than originally planned.

The sale was opportunistic in the first place, and they likely made this deal on a shorter timeline than they would on taking order options. Who is to say they won't make more opportunistic decisions considering they are exploding with MRO work.


They won't. They don't need the capacity at all until next summer. The schedule just fell off a cliff after Labor Day to where they have about 40-50 spares during the week, and that number is almost double that on Saturdays.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos