Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

mjgbtv

Re: MHT announce new carrier 16 June

Wed Jun 16, 2021 6:52 pm

tphuang wrote:
On another note, it seems like NK is continuing to just go after WN on these Florida markets.

As NK continues to add capacity on smaller EastCoast or middle of the country to Florida markets, what does that do to the legacy model where they rely on connection through ATL and CLT?

I'm sure that a lot of people still want the safety of having options if things go bad. I might try F9 or NK if I was just going to sit on a beach or play golf and could afford to be a day or two late. Theme park vacation? Probably not. Getting on a cruise? Not a chance.

Revelation

Wed Jun 16, 2021 7:06 pm

Blueknows wrote:
This is going to draw a lot of customers from BTV who want direct flights to RSW/FLL

Hope they aren't full sized adults...
Wake up to find out that you are the eyes of the world
The heart has its beaches, its homeland and thoughts of its own
Wake now, discover that you are the song that the morning brings
The heart has its seasons, its evenings and songs of its own

FLYKTPA

Wed Jun 16, 2021 7:24 pm

mjgbtv wrote:
tphuang wrote:
On another note, it seems like NK is continuing to just go after WN on these Florida markets.

As NK continues to add capacity on smaller EastCoast or middle of the country to Florida markets, what does that do to the legacy model where they rely on connection through ATL and CLT?

I'm sure that a lot of people still want the safety of having options if things go bad. I might try F9 or NK if I was just going to sit on a beach or play golf and could afford to be a day or two late. Theme park vacation? Probably not. Getting on a cruise? Not a chance.

I definitely agree to an extent. Going on a time sensitive trip, it’s important to have options if things go wrong. Although Spirit has an extensive offering from BOS. So if you really needed to just have them rebook you out of BOS.

georgiabill

Wed Jun 16, 2021 10:14 pm

If DL were to return to MHT. I would hope they would have 2x MHT-ATL early morning and late afternoon departures from MHT to ATL mid morning departure,and early evening departure from ATL to MHT and 3x from MHT to DTW early morning noon and late afternoon Times based for easy connections in DTW. MHT-LGA would also need to be minimum 2x week days and 1x on weekends

OzarkD9S

Wed Jun 16, 2021 10:23 pm

JoseSalazar wrote:
mjgbtv wrote:

Blueknows wrote:
This is going to draw a lot of customers from BTV who want direct flights to RSW/FLL

Most people in the BTV area who want that are probably already going to PBG which has RSW and FLL.

I don’t know where blueknows comes up with his information.

Bong hits would be my guess.

Nice adds for MHT, it's about time somebody came in and attempts to return MHT to it's peak WN days. A long ways to go though.
"My soul is in the sky". -Pyramus- A Midsummer Night's Dream

NYPECO

Wed Jun 16, 2021 10:54 pm

What's all the discussion about Delta returning to MHT? Last year it was said they would not be retuning. Has there been any indication to the contrary?

tomaheath

Wed Jun 16, 2021 11:19 pm

NYPECO wrote:
What's all the discussion about Delta returning to MHT? Last year it was said they would not be retuning. Has there been any indication to the contrary?

No indication besides the fact that air travel is making a faster than expected return.

bostrv

Wed Jun 16, 2021 11:37 pm

This is a welcome addition for me - lower fares = more vacations!

As for flights getting cancelled etc, if you are flying the cheapest fare with any airline, its not going to help you if they have multiple frequencies - you would be at the bottom of the list, so in reality it doesnt matter.

JetBlue restarting ORH is also helpful. Shorter drive, easier TSA, cheaper parking and tickets.

CairnterriAIR

Thu Jun 17, 2021 12:52 am

Revelation wrote:
Blueknows wrote:

Hope they aren't full sized adults...

You Sir....have won the Internet for tonight!

737Jason

Thu Jun 17, 2021 1:11 am

What are the odds DL returns to MHT?

chrisnh

Thu Jun 17, 2021 2:02 am

737Jason wrote:

I would say 70%. The demographics are all bullish for the market: population, incomes, business growth.

madg

Thu Jun 17, 2021 2:05 am

737Jason wrote:

Conservative guess: 3 to 5 years with two or three RJ's to DTW. MHT-ATL is very low yield with the FL Connections.

airbazar

Thu Jun 17, 2021 12:40 pm

chrisnh wrote:
737Jason wrote:

I would say 70%. The demographics are all bullish for the market: population, incomes, business growth.

The thing I keep coming back to is all the people, mostly middle to high earners that this Pandemic displaced from large suburban areas to more rural areas. In our case here, people who moved away from greater Boston and Boston proper to the suburbs and up to NH. That could be the driving force not just for DL to get back to MHT but for other airlines to improve their service. But then again in a couple of years these people could decide that rural living is not for them and move back into the cities, so who knows what's gonna happen. Exciting times ahead, that's for sure.

LotsaRunway

Thu Jun 17, 2021 1:44 pm

chrisnh wrote:
737Jason wrote:

I'd agree with this. What DL actually does will probably be the reflection of how well it's attempt to hub at BOS goes. I'm guessing they are pulling all strings to get it out the gate. As the demand increases and MHT costs decrease, a few RJs at MHT are certainly within reach and unlikely to do much damage to BOS operations.

chrisnh

Thu Jun 17, 2021 3:18 pm

airbazar wrote:
chrisnh wrote:
737Jason wrote:

The thing I keep coming back to is all the people, mostly middle to high earners that this Pandemic displaced from large suburban areas to more rural areas. In our case here, people who moved away from greater Boston and Boston proper to the suburbs and up to NH. That could be the driving force not just for DL to get back to MHT but for other airlines to improve their service. But then again in a couple of years these people could decide that rural living is not for them and move back into the cities, so who knows what's gonna happen. Exciting times ahead, that's for sure.

Exactly. But while some may go back to the urban life (and I don't begrudge anyone who would), I think those numbers would be outweighed by people who stick around. Indeed, COVID isn't the sole issue driving folks out of urban centers...crime is another one.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos