Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

 
Blueknows
Topic Author
Posts: 440
Joined: Fri Oct 19, 2018 3:31 am

MHT announce new carrier 16 June

Tue Jun 15, 2021 10:47 pm

MHT having press conference tomorrow I wonder who the new carrier is?

https://twitter.com/flymanchester/statu ... 84865?s=12
 
a318
Posts: 312
Joined: Thu Jan 03, 2008 6:56 am

Re: MHT announce new carrier 16 June

Tue Jun 15, 2021 10:57 pm

My bet is for JetBlue or Spirit. I think if it were Breeze, other airports would be making an announcement for new service as Breeze said they would be doing it in waves.
 
Cboyle
Posts: 159
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 2021 6:32 pm

Re: MHT announce new carrier 16 June

Tue Jun 15, 2021 10:59 pm

Alohashirts better get here
 
Blueknows
Topic Author
Posts: 440
Joined: Fri Oct 19, 2018 3:31 am

Re: MHT announce new carrier 16 June

Tue Jun 15, 2021 11:02 pm

Yah B6 announced cutting flights Monday, so I’m thinking NK. Someone had mentioned they got some grant from Airport. They also pulled out of PBG, and don’t have any New England presence outside of BOS
 
PITFlyer330
Posts: 114
Joined: Fri May 14, 2021 4:56 am

Re: MHT announce new carrier 16 June

Tue Jun 15, 2021 11:04 pm

where does it say new airline?
 
airlinepeanuts
Posts: 129
Joined: Fri Mar 13, 2015 4:16 pm

Re: MHT announce new carrier 16 June

Tue Jun 15, 2021 11:21 pm

Avelo to New Haven
 
uconn99
Posts: 435
Joined: Mon Feb 01, 2016 11:52 pm

Re: MHT announce new carrier 16 June

Tue Jun 15, 2021 11:24 pm

Blueknows wrote:
Yah B6 announced cutting flights Monday, so I’m thinking NK. Someone had mentioned they got some grant from Airport. They also pulled out of PBG, and don’t have any New England presence outside of BOS


NK flys to BDL with flights to MYR, MCO, FLL, and seasonally to TPA and RSW I believe.
 
Blueknows
Topic Author
Posts: 440
Joined: Fri Oct 19, 2018 3:31 am

Re: MHT announce new carrier 16 June

Tue Jun 15, 2021 11:31 pm

 
User avatar
chrisnh
Posts: 4155
Joined: Tue Jun 29, 1999 3:59 am

Re: MHT announce new carrier 16 June

Tue Jun 15, 2021 11:31 pm

Frontier has over 140 NEO's on the books for deliveries starting this year. They would have the assets to do this, and hopefully fly both north-south and east-west.

I'm hoping it's them.

I'll be there to hear it live.
 
Blueknows
Topic Author
Posts: 440
Joined: Fri Oct 19, 2018 3:31 am

Re: MHT announce new carrier 16 June

Tue Jun 15, 2021 11:32 pm

uconn99 wrote:
Blueknows wrote:
Yah B6 announced cutting flights Monday, so I’m thinking NK. Someone had mentioned they got some grant from Airport. They also pulled out of PBG, and don’t have any New England presence outside of BOS


NK flys to BDL with flights to MYR, MCO, FLL, and seasonally to TPA and RSW I believe.


True but nothing really north (PBG/BTV/MHT/PWM)
 
joeblow10
Posts: 614
Joined: Mon Jun 04, 2018 11:58 pm

Re: MHT announce new carrier 16 June

Wed Jun 16, 2021 12:10 am

Isn’t Avelo announcing a bunch of stuff tomorrow?

I swear I saw stuff on their thread today but it’s all gone now - maybe I’m losing it
 
Wneast
Posts: 886
Joined: Sun Jan 31, 2021 11:37 pm

Re: MHT announce new carrier 16 June

Wed Jun 16, 2021 12:12 am

joeblow10 wrote:
Isn’t Avelo announcing a bunch of stuff tomorrow?

I swear I saw stuff on their thread today but it’s all gone now - maybe I’m losing it

Where did you hear that
 
User avatar
BA744PHX
Posts: 543
Joined: Mon Sep 24, 2007 3:42 am

Re: MHT announce new carrier 16 June

Wed Jun 16, 2021 12:22 am

Wneast wrote:
joeblow10 wrote:
Isn’t Avelo announcing a bunch of stuff tomorrow?

I swear I saw stuff on their thread today but it’s all gone now - maybe I’m losing it

Where did you hear that


The answer to your question is in his second sentence, I dont know how you could miss it
 
Wneast
Posts: 886
Joined: Sun Jan 31, 2021 11:37 pm

Re: MHT announce new carrier 16 June

Wed Jun 16, 2021 12:23 am

BA744PHX wrote:
Wneast wrote:
joeblow10 wrote:
Isn’t Avelo announcing a bunch of stuff tomorrow?

I swear I saw stuff on their thread today but it’s all gone now - maybe I’m losing it

Where did you hear that


The answer to your question is in his second sentence, I dont know how you could miss it

I posted that before he had his second sentence my bad
 
deltairlines
Posts: 7236
Joined: Mon May 24, 1999 4:47 am

Re: MHT announce new carrier 16 June

Wed Jun 16, 2021 12:27 am

airlinepeanuts wrote:
Avelo to New Haven


MHT-HVN is a route that really makes little sense to me. It's 137 miles as the bird flies, and is a fairly easy 2h45 flight.

That being said, I could see Avelo doing MHT-Florida on a V pattern going HVN-Florida-MHT-Florida-HVN.
 
Blueknows
Topic Author
Posts: 440
Joined: Fri Oct 19, 2018 3:31 am

Re: MHT announce new carrier 16 June

Wed Jun 16, 2021 12:46 am

 
CairnterriAIR
Posts: 728
Joined: Sat Jun 28, 2008 1:52 am

Re: MHT announce new carrier 16 June

Wed Jun 16, 2021 1:16 am

Blueknows wrote:
Yah B6 announced cutting flights Monday, so I’m thinking NK. Someone had mentioned they got some grant from Airport. They also pulled out of PBG, and don’t have any New England presence outside of BOS


NK has a sizable station at BDL.
 
CairnterriAIR
Posts: 728
Joined: Sat Jun 28, 2008 1:52 am

Re: MHT announce new carrier 16 June

Wed Jun 16, 2021 1:21 am

deltairlines wrote:
airlinepeanuts wrote:
Avelo to New Haven


MHT-HVN is a route that really makes little sense to me. It's 137 miles as the bird flies, and is a fairly easy 2h45 flight.

That being said, I could see Avelo doing MHT-Florida on a V pattern going HVN-Florida-MHT-Florida-HVN.


I agree. They are basing three 737’s out of New Haven which will probably perform two turns through the airport a day. I’m guessing Florida. While they could possibly squeeze a short flight in between mid day turns, I can’t see MHT unless they are offering the service as a tag which terminates elsewhere. I can see them doing quick turns to Nantucket though.
 
slcdeltarumd11
Posts: 5155
Joined: Fri Jan 09, 2004 7:30 am

Re: MHT announce new carrier 16 June

Wed Jun 16, 2021 1:51 am

I think spirit will be return to PBG probably 2022. The border is closed and even when it reopens there will be alot more requirements on vaccinations and things that make relying on montreal harder. Spirit had no reason to stick around. I bet spirit will accept an offer to come back and PBG will give it to them after this is all over and the border is back to normal. Spirit operated for quite a while reliably out of PBG. You get northern NY, Montreal and Burlington VT at a super low operating costs and zero delays. It was a good station that had no signs of a retreat before covid. Reality is they need the border open.

Frontier I could see for MHT given how many planes they they have coming in and they thrive on less then daily service. It would have to be to cities WN doesnt operate from. If MHT has cash to throw out I'd say frontier is the frontrunner. Doesn't mean they will stay but they love chasing airport incentives
 
User avatar
chrisnh
Posts: 4155
Joined: Tue Jun 29, 1999 3:59 am

Re: MHT announce new carrier 16 June

Wed Jun 16, 2021 2:05 am

I flew Frontier PWM-RSW-PWM in May. A321s both ways. The flight going down was probably 25% full but the one coming back was about 60% full. Those are obviously lower than you'd otherwise expect due to COVID. They really cram the seats in, and they don't recline. Nor is there any IFE. So PWM-RSW (or similar) is just about as long as I'd want to be on one of their planes. Also, as was said, Frontier is not shy about less-than-daily service, so people will need to pick travel dates that might not be their preferred ones.
 
EFA2014
Posts: 23
Joined: Tue Oct 11, 2016 1:42 pm

Re: MHT announce new carrier 16 June

Wed Jun 16, 2021 12:14 pm

Do we know for sure that it is a new carrier? Just says exciting news....last time they did that it was United returning service to Dulles
 
PITFlyer330
Posts: 114
Joined: Fri May 14, 2021 4:56 am

Re: MHT announce new carrier 16 June

Wed Jun 16, 2021 12:36 pm

exactly. Manchester doesnt say that
 
tomaheath
Posts: 696
Joined: Wed Nov 12, 2014 11:58 pm

Re: MHT announce new carrier 16 June

Wed Jun 16, 2021 2:07 pm

EFA2014 wrote:
Do we know for sure that it is a new carrier? Just says exciting news....last time they did that it was United returning service to Dulles

The governor didn’t show up for the return of United.
 
User avatar
BA744PHX
Posts: 543
Joined: Mon Sep 24, 2007 3:42 am

Re: MHT announce new carrier 16 June

Wed Jun 16, 2021 2:29 pm

tomaheath wrote:
EFA2014 wrote:
Do we know for sure that it is a new carrier? Just says exciting news....last time they did that it was United returning service to Dulles

The governor didn’t show up for the return of United.


I would think the governor has better things to do then show up for a single route announcement. This is likely something with airport upgrade or something similar, unless its a route announcement of significant routes/service, cant be just 1 route or regional/local carrier.
 
aviationjunky
Posts: 423
Joined: Fri Mar 25, 2016 10:27 pm

Re: MHT announce new carrier 16 June

Wed Jun 16, 2021 2:36 pm

My money is on Avelo or Breeze. They both are expanding relatively rapidly. It would be nice to see expansion from MHT to the west again.
LAS is Life
 
wnflyguy
Posts: 2442
Joined: Thu Feb 10, 2011 7:58 pm

Re: MHT announce new carrier 16 June

Wed Jun 16, 2021 2:47 pm

Frontier is my Guess.

Flyguy
My Wings are clipped just another Retired Airline person. The Ultimate Armchair out of the loop airline industry geek. Aloha Mr Hand!
 
User avatar
chrisnh
Posts: 4155
Joined: Tue Jun 29, 1999 3:59 am

Re: MHT announce new carrier 16 June

Wed Jun 16, 2021 2:54 pm

aviationjunky wrote:
My money is on Avelo or Breeze. They both are expanding relatively rapidly. It would be nice to see expansion from MHT to the west again.


With only three planes, I’m hoping it’s not Avelo. Breeze would be good to see. Although I’m probably in the minority, I hope it’s either Spirit or Frontier.
 
User avatar
chrisnh
Posts: 4155
Joined: Tue Jun 29, 1999 3:59 am

Re: MHT announce new carrier 16 June

Wed Jun 16, 2021 2:58 pm

EFA2014 wrote:
Do we know for sure that it is a new carrier? Just says exciting news....last time they did that it was United returning service to Dulles


It would be rather awkward, I think, to hold this press event at the ticketing area and then have it NOT be a new airline. A new airline announcement allows them to dramatically drop a black cloth to reveal a company logo while cameras click away.
 
Cboyle
Posts: 159
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 2021 6:32 pm

Re: MHT announce new carrier 16 June

Wed Jun 16, 2021 3:51 pm

It’s NK officially
 
Ishrion
Posts: 3637
Joined: Mon Feb 04, 2019 6:17 am

Re: MHT announce new carrier 16 June

Wed Jun 16, 2021 3:54 pm

Spirit now lists MHT
Leaving the forums. You may know where to find me.
 
tphuang
Posts: 6411
Joined: Tue Mar 14, 2017 2:04 pm

Re: MHT announce new carrier 16 June

Wed Jun 16, 2021 4:07 pm

Congrats to MHT, NK is likely to offer more sustainable service than F9 or G4.
 
wnflyguy
Posts: 2442
Joined: Thu Feb 10, 2011 7:58 pm

Re: MHT announce new carrier 16 June

Wed Jun 16, 2021 5:06 pm

NK will definitely fill the Void WN dug itself at MHT since it added BOS.
Congratulations.
With most of NK new Network planning department being a good mixture of Ex FL and Ex WN peeps I see MCO,TPA,FLL,LAS and BWI.

Flyguy
My Wings are clipped just another Retired Airline person. The Ultimate Armchair out of the loop airline industry geek. Aloha Mr Hand!
 
User avatar
aemoreira1981
Posts: 3850
Joined: Mon Jan 09, 2017 12:17 am

Re: MHT announce new carrier 16 June

Wed Jun 16, 2021 5:12 pm

NK seems odd to me, since NK (at least until recently) had been an ultra-conservative airline in terms of growth, but with many new planes, they need to fly them somewhere. Also, Spirit does serve BOS already.
 
RL757PVD
Posts: 3291
Joined: Fri Dec 03, 1999 2:47 am

Re: MHT announce new carrier 16 June

Wed Jun 16, 2021 5:16 pm

Ill venture to guess daily MCO and FLL with 3x weekly MYR
Experience is what you get when what you thought would work out didn't!
 
FLYKTPA
Posts: 559
Joined: Wed Aug 03, 2016 4:56 pm

Re: MHT announce new carrier 16 June

Wed Jun 16, 2021 5:18 pm

aemoreira1981 wrote:
NK seems odd to me, since NK (at least until recently) had been an ultra-conservative airline in terms of growth, but with many new planes, they need to fly them somewhere. Also, Spirit does serve BOS already.


Since when has Spirit been ultra-conservative? They’ve been growing like crazy for years! Opening multiple new stations a year and many new routes.
 
User avatar
Revelation
Posts: 26279
Joined: Wed Feb 09, 2005 9:37 pm

Re: MHT announce new carrier 16 June

Wed Jun 16, 2021 5:19 pm

wnflyguy wrote:
NK will definitely fill the Void WN dug itself at MHT since it added BOS.
Congratulations.
With most of NK new Network planning department being a good mixture of Ex FL and Ex WN peeps I see MCO,TPA,FLL,LAS and BWI.

I wouldn't be too worried. Non reclineable seats with 28" pitch are a non-starter for many. I doubt I could last till BWI, never mind LAS. Driving to BOS and getting WN would be a far better option IMO.
Wake up to find out that you are the eyes of the world
The heart has its beaches, its homeland and thoughts of its own
Wake now, discover that you are the song that the morning brings
The heart has its seasons, its evenings and songs of its own
 
Ishrion
Posts: 3637
Joined: Mon Feb 04, 2019 6:17 am

Re: MHT announce new carrier 16 June

Wed Jun 16, 2021 5:25 pm

MCO/FLL confirmed. Begins October.

RSW and TPA are somewhere in there.
Leaving the forums. You may know where to find me.
 
airbazar
Posts: 10377
Joined: Wed Sep 10, 2003 11:12 pm

Re: MHT announce new carrier 16 June

Wed Jun 16, 2021 5:47 pm

Revelation wrote:
wnflyguy wrote:
NK will definitely fill the Void WN dug itself at MHT since it added BOS.
Congratulations.
With most of NK new Network planning department being a good mixture of Ex FL and Ex WN peeps I see MCO,TPA,FLL,LAS and BWI.

I wouldn't be too worried. Non reclineable seats with 28" pitch are a non-starter for many. I doubt I could last till BWI, never mind LAS. Driving to BOS and getting WN would be a far better option IMO.


Because of that I have no plans to ever set foot inside a Spirit plane however, there are lots of people who have had no problem flying them. MHT's biggest problem is that the carriers that fly there have no interest in growing and for years now have been shoving demand thru Boston. Fares out of MHT are high including WN. Spirit will do good I think because MHT needs low fares. My hope is that the incumbent carries see it as competition and decide to lower their fares too so I don't have to schlep to BOS every time :)
 
PITFlyer330
Posts: 114
Joined: Fri May 14, 2021 4:56 am

Re: MHT announce new carrier 16 June

Wed Jun 16, 2021 5:56 pm

Ishrion wrote:
MCO/FLL confirmed. Begins October.

RSW and TPA are somewhere in there.


where do you see this?
 
BTVB6Flyer
Posts: 601
Joined: Sun Oct 26, 2008 3:20 am

Re: MHT announce new carrier 16 June

Wed Jun 16, 2021 5:57 pm

FLL, MCO 10/7
TPA, RSW 11/18
Last edited by BTVB6Flyer on Wed Jun 16, 2021 6:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
 
PITFlyer330
Posts: 114
Joined: Fri May 14, 2021 4:56 am

Re: MHT announce new carrier 16 June

Wed Jun 16, 2021 5:58 pm

Oh never mind i had to use the mobile booking
 
PITFlyer330
Posts: 114
Joined: Fri May 14, 2021 4:56 am

Re: MHT announce new carrier 16 June

Wed Jun 16, 2021 6:00 pm

So MHT to RSW FLL MCO TPA.........

all florida???
 
tphuang
Posts: 6411
Joined: Tue Mar 14, 2017 2:04 pm

Re: MHT announce new carrier 16 June

Wed Jun 16, 2021 6:01 pm

On another note, it seems like NK is continuing to just go after WN on these Florida markets.

As NK continues to add capacity on smaller EastCoast or middle of the country to Florida markets, what does that do to the legacy model where they rely on connection through ATL and CLT?
 
RL757PVD
Posts: 3291
Joined: Fri Dec 03, 1999 2:47 am

Re: MHT announce new carrier 16 June

Wed Jun 16, 2021 6:01 pm

looks to be daily MCO and FLL with split TPA/RSW (3x/4x)... a nice boost to Florida service for them up from the 1x daily MCO and Sat only TPA they were showing for this fall.
Experience is what you get when what you thought would work out didn't!
 
georgiabill
Posts: 1280
Joined: Sat Mar 01, 2003 11:53 pm

Re: MHT announce new carrier 16 June

Wed Jun 16, 2021 6:05 pm

I have wished for years that WN would add a seasonal MHT-RSW even if only weekend service to go down and watch Sox spring training. Hopefully WN will wake up and restore MHT-DEN and MHT-BNA if not interested in that try MHT-STL in the future.
 
jasoncrh
Posts: 800
Joined: Wed Jun 08, 2005 10:29 pm

Re: MHT announce new carrier 16 June

Wed Jun 16, 2021 6:07 pm

Official press release from Spirit: starts Orlando and Fort Lauderdale on October 7, Tampa and Fort Myers in November: https://ir.spirit.com/news-releases/new ... fault.aspx
 
Blueknows
Topic Author
Posts: 440
Joined: Fri Oct 19, 2018 3:31 am

Re: MHT announce new carrier 16 June

Wed Jun 16, 2021 6:29 pm

 
Blueknows
Topic Author
Posts: 440
Joined: Fri Oct 19, 2018 3:31 am

Re: MHT announce new carrier 16 June

Wed Jun 16, 2021 6:30 pm

This is going to draw a lot of customers from BTV who want direct flights to RSW/FLL
 
mjgbtv
Posts: 1106
Joined: Mon Jan 28, 2008 2:18 am

Re: MHT announce new carrier 16 June

Wed Jun 16, 2021 6:42 pm

Blueknows wrote:
This is going to draw a lot of customers from BTV who want direct flights to RSW/FLL


Most people in the BTV area who want that are probably already going to PBG which has RSW and FLL.
 
JoseSalazar
Posts: 497
Joined: Mon Oct 14, 2019 3:18 am

Re: MHT announce new carrier 16 June

Wed Jun 16, 2021 6:48 pm

mjgbtv wrote:
Blueknows wrote:
This is going to draw a lot of customers from BTV who want direct flights to RSW/FLL


Most people in the BTV area who want that are probably already going to PBG which has RSW and FLL.

I don’t know where blueknows comes up with his information.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos