Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

  • 1
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
  • 6
  • 7
 
atrude777
Posts: 4748
Joined: Wed Aug 13, 2003 11:23 pm

Re: Contour Airlines News and Discussion

Wed Aug 31, 2022 5:16 pm

FlyingElvii wrote:
[
Rumor has it there is a solution coming for the AA ticketing issues, but there are other priorities at the moment. Using SABRE is EXPENSIVE, especially at LF’s low volumes, and probably won’t be the final solution.



That would be amazing!

The only way a passenger can get anything linked up is by purchasing directly on AA's website. Even then, I doubt they would allow a free bag, it's not going to allow us to earn miles on AA or recognize our status.

It would be HUGE if we could actually book and control it all under AA.

Right now, when we book with AA, we are still given TWO PNR's. AA won't let us check in online when Contour or Cape Air is the starting airline.

I deal with this right now on Cape Air MWA-STL, and that's with a Codeshare. I booked it all directly on AA. Yet it won't let me check in online for the first portion.

Passengers are getting excited here in Paducah thinking that it's "American Airlines" and it's not. They cannot go to AA.com and book PAH-CLT on it's own, and if AA could fix that, that would be so much better.

I am not upset about getting Contour, I am upset about losing the "Major Airline" Connection Opportunity with Code sharing.

Alex
 
atrude777
Posts: 4748
Joined: Wed Aug 13, 2003 11:23 pm

Re: Contour Airlines News and Discussion

Wed Aug 31, 2022 5:20 pm

DOT has now also approved Contour Airlines for EAS Service to replace SkyWest at Staunton, VA-SHD.

Contour will begin November 1st, for a 3 Year Contract with 12 Weekly Flights to CLT.

DOT: https://downloads.regulations.gov/DOT-O ... ment_1.pdf

Alex
 
jetstream3399
Posts: 45
Joined: Thu Aug 30, 2007 4:52 am

Re: Contour Airlines News and Discussion

Wed Aug 31, 2022 5:48 pm

atrude777 wrote:
FlyingElvii wrote:
[
Rumor has it there is a solution coming for the AA ticketing issues, but there are other priorities at the moment. Using SABRE is EXPENSIVE, especially at LF’s low volumes, and probably won’t be the final solution.



That would be amazing!

The only way a passenger can get anything linked up is by purchasing directly on AA's website. Even then, I doubt they would allow a free bag, it's not going to allow us to earn miles on AA or recognize our status.

It would be HUGE if we could actually book and control it all under AA.

Right now, when we book with AA, we are still given TWO PNR's. AA won't let us check in online when Contour or Cape Air is the starting airline.

I deal with this right now on Cape Air MWA-STL, and that's with a Codeshare. I booked it all directly on AA. Yet it won't let me check in online for the first portion.

Passengers are getting excited here in Paducah thinking that it's "American Airlines" and it's not. They cannot go to AA.com and book PAH-CLT on it's own, and if AA could fix that, that would be so much better.

I am not upset about getting Contour, I am upset about losing the "Major Airline" Connection Opportunity with Code sharing.

Alex


If Contour is the carrier operating the first leg, then you need to check in on the Contour site and it will generate the Contour and AA boarding passes. AA.com will only work when AA is the initial carrier in the connection being checked in.
 
BangersAndMash
Posts: 1086
Joined: Sat Jul 10, 2021 5:21 pm

Re: Contour Airlines News and Discussion

Wed Aug 31, 2022 6:11 pm

ilive4planes wrote:
IND’s contract with Contour hasn’t been renewed yet Flights are not in the schedule for September?


Looks that way. Your post made me check again. Nothing loaded after September for BNA-IND/GSP, the last at-risk routes.
 
bval
Posts: 142
Joined: Tue Dec 17, 2019 9:30 pm

Re: Contour Airlines News and Discussion

Wed Aug 31, 2022 7:53 pm

FlyingElvii wrote:
Rumor has it there is a solution coming for the AA ticketing issues, but there are other priorities at the moment. Using SABRE is EXPENSIVE, especially at LF’s low volumes, and probably won’t be the final solution.
...
Again, rumors say they intend to bring in a new operations and scheduling software. FOS/Collins is designed for small operators doing charter, and just can’t handle a big operation.


Still in the rumor phase, but all great news and very timely. Thank you for sharing! I literally just hung up with AA's reservations desk :lol: where I had to enlist their help to straighten out an upcoming interline reservation that includes LF. The agent asked me who they were! I told her she's probably about to see a lot more of them.
 
BangersAndMash
Posts: 1086
Joined: Sat Jul 10, 2021 5:21 pm

Re: Contour Airlines News and Discussion

Thu Sep 01, 2022 9:16 pm

The contract for Fort Leonard Wood has been published.

12x weekly to BNA on the usual 30-seat ERJ135 will start October 1.

It's EAS with a waiver rather than AEAS, like the other recent ex-Skywest markets Contour has won.

https://www.regulations.gov/document/DOT-OST-1996-1167-0170
 
BangersAndMash
Posts: 1086
Joined: Sat Jul 10, 2021 5:21 pm

Re: Contour Airlines News and Discussion

Fri Sep 02, 2022 6:20 pm

The contract for Clarksburg is out.

3-year contract starting November 1. 12x weekly to CLT on ERJ135.

EAS with a waiver rather than AEAS, like other similar recent awards to Contour.

https://www.regulations.gov/document/DOT-OST-2005-20736-0184
 
User avatar
sunking737
Posts: 1867
Joined: Tue Feb 22, 2005 10:33 pm

Re: Contour Airlines News and Discussion

Fri Sep 02, 2022 6:33 pm

I'd like to see the route map with all the added city and routes....
 
BangersAndMash
Posts: 1086
Joined: Sat Jul 10, 2021 5:21 pm

Re: Contour Airlines News and Discussion

Sat Sep 03, 2022 9:18 am

sunking737 wrote:
I'd like to see the route map with all the added city and routes....


I was trying to load the picture but gave up tearing my hair out. :? Here's a link to the map on Great Circle Mapper instead.

http://www.gcmap.com/mapui?P=OAK-CEC%2CPHX-PGA%2CDFW-GLH-BNA%2CTUP-BNA%2CCGI-BNA%2CTBN-BNA%2CMCN-BWI%2CMSL-CLT%2CPKB-BKW-CLT%2CPAH-CLT%2CSHD-CLT%2CLWB-CLT%2CCKB-CLT%2CAOO-PHL%2COGS-PHL%2CPBG-PHL&MS=wls&DU=mi

Couple of caveats:
- CGI not yet confirmed by DOT but Contour have the recommendation
- there is a question mark whether GLH-BNA will continue; there are rumours they may consolidate at DFW
- at-risk routes (BNA-IND/GSP) not included; these may end in the fall anyway
 
User avatar
sunking737
Posts: 1867
Joined: Tue Feb 22, 2005 10:33 pm

Re: Contour Airlines News and Discussion

Sat Sep 03, 2022 9:35 am

Thanks, Looks like a real airline. Except the two old ball routes out west
 
BangersAndMash
Posts: 1086
Joined: Sat Jul 10, 2021 5:21 pm

Re: Contour Airlines News and Discussion

Sat Sep 03, 2022 12:41 pm

Well it looks like BNA-IND/GSP will be sticking around after all. The schedule has now been extended until mid-April (these flights weren't bookable past end of September until recently).
 
User avatar
AVLAirlineFreq
Posts: 1769
Joined: Sat Jun 21, 2008 1:31 am

Re: Contour Airlines News and Discussion

Sat Sep 03, 2022 2:42 pm

What CLT gates will Contour be using?
 
sonnyr23
Posts: 132
Joined: Sun Feb 21, 2021 12:18 pm

Re: Contour Airlines News and Discussion

Sat Sep 03, 2022 3:19 pm

How have the GSP to BNA and BNA to GSP flights been going ? Are they going out Full ?
 
User avatar
Wingtips56
Posts: 1494
Joined: Thu Dec 16, 2010 1:26 am

Re: Contour Airlines News and Discussion

Sat Sep 03, 2022 10:59 pm

sunking737 wrote:
Thanks, Looks like a real airline. Except the two old ball routes out west

Those used to be somewhat connected with at-risk flying before covid. Some days. an aircraft operated CEC-OAK-SBA-LAS-PGA-PHX, and return. One ran SMF-SBA-OAK-CEC (I routed my sister-in-law on that one once, except CEC fogged in and the flight diverted to MFR. Busssed back. :( The return did work out at least.) SMF-PSP. SBP was in the mix too.

CEC-OAK has had a rough summer, between crew and/or aircraft issues plus CEC fog increased due to the inland heat waves It was better when OAK as a bigger base.
 
FlyingElvii
Posts: 2450
Joined: Wed Dec 27, 2017 10:53 pm

Re: Contour Airlines News and Discussion

Sun Sep 04, 2022 1:49 am

Wingtips56 wrote:
sunking737 wrote:
Thanks, Looks like a real airline. Except the two old ball routes out west

Those used to be somewhat connected with at-risk flying before covid. Some days. an aircraft operated CEC-OAK-SBA-LAS-PGA-PHX, and return. One ran SMF-SBA-OAK-CEC (I routed my sister-in-law on that one once, except CEC fogged in and the flight diverted to MFR. Busssed back. :( The return did work out at least.) SMF-PSP. SBP was in the mix too.

CEC-OAK has had a rough summer, between crew and/or aircraft issues plus CEC fog increased due to the inland heat waves It was better when OAK as a bigger base.

CEC is and always will be a weird place, weather-wise. Water on three sides on a spit out into the sea into a cold North Pacific current. It can be less than a mile vis and 300 ceiling, like today’s metar shows, and CAVU another half mile inland. Arcata can be affected the same way, but burns off earlier in the day due to the geography.

Field elevation at ACV is 222 feet, while CEC is just 61 feet. It does make a difference.
 
BangersAndMash
Posts: 1086
Joined: Sat Jul 10, 2021 5:21 pm

Re: Contour Airlines News and Discussion

Sun Sep 04, 2022 8:53 am

Wingtips56 wrote:
sunking737 wrote:
Thanks, Looks like a real airline. Except the two old ball routes out west

Those used to be somewhat connected with at-risk flying before covid. Some days. an aircraft operated CEC-OAK-SBA-LAS-PGA-PHX, and return. One ran SMF-SBA-OAK-CEC (I routed my sister-in-law on that one once, except CEC fogged in and the flight diverted to MFR. Busssed back. :( The return did work out at least.) SMF-PSP. SBP was in the mix too.

CEC-OAK has had a rough summer, between crew and/or aircraft issues plus CEC fog increased due to the inland heat waves It was better when OAK as a bigger base.


Indeed. Those Western routes were the heart of the network pre-Covid. They did quite a bit of intra-California flying, mostly from their mini-hub at SBA, as well as the odd route to LAS. PGA had flights to both PHX and LAS back then. There have been persistent rumours the LAS flights could return. We'll see.

The few Eastern routes were the odd ones out back then! How things change.
 
BangersAndMash
Posts: 1086
Joined: Sat Jul 10, 2021 5:21 pm

Re: Contour Airlines News and Discussion

Sun Sep 04, 2022 9:21 am

Wingtips56 wrote:
sunking737 wrote:
Thanks, Looks like a real airline. Except the two old ball routes out west

Those used to be somewhat connected with at-risk flying before covid. Some days. an aircraft operated CEC-OAK-SBA-LAS-PGA-PHX, and return. One ran SMF-SBA-OAK-CEC (I routed my sister-in-law on that one once, except CEC fogged in and the flight diverted to MFR. Busssed back. :( The return did work out at least.) SMF-PSP. SBP was in the mix too.

CEC-OAK has had a rough summer, between crew and/or aircraft issues plus CEC fog increased due to the inland heat waves It was better when OAK as a bigger base.


That had me looking back. The network back in March 2020 looked something like that:

http://www.gcmap.com/mapui?P=BNA-TUP%2C ... =wls&DU=mi
 
atrude777
Posts: 4748
Joined: Wed Aug 13, 2003 11:23 pm

Re: Contour Airlines News and Discussion

Tue Sep 06, 2022 3:40 pm

DOT has awarded CGI, Contour Airlines to take over SkyWest Airlines beginning October 1st.

DOT: https://downloads.regulations.gov/DOT-O ... ment_1.pdf

By this Order, the U.S. Department of Transportation (Department) (1) grants the community of
Cape Girardeau, Missouri, a waiver from the requirement in 49 U.S.C. § 41732(a) that basic
Essential Air Service (EAS) is scheduled air transportation, and (2) selects Corporate Flight
Management, Inc. d/b/a Contour Airlines (Contour) to provide EAS, as public charter flights in
accordance with 14 CFR Part 380, at Cape Girardeau, Missouri, for the three-year contract term
from October 1, 2022, through September 30, 2025.


The contract is for 12 Weekly to Nashville, TN (BNA)

Alex
 
Jshank83
Posts: 5894
Joined: Tue Nov 01, 2016 2:23 pm

Re: Contour Airlines News and Discussion

Tue Sep 06, 2022 4:49 pm

atrude777 wrote:
DOT has awarded CGI, Contour Airlines to take over SkyWest Airlines beginning October 1st.

DOT: https://downloads.regulations.gov/DOT-O ... ment_1.pdf

By this Order, the U.S. Department of Transportation (Department) (1) grants the community of
Cape Girardeau, Missouri, a waiver from the requirement in 49 U.S.C. § 41732(a) that basic
Essential Air Service (EAS) is scheduled air transportation, and (2) selects Corporate Flight
Management, Inc. d/b/a Contour Airlines (Contour) to provide EAS, as public charter flights in
accordance with 14 CFR Part 380, at Cape Girardeau, Missouri, for the three-year contract term
from October 1, 2022, through September 30, 2025.


The contract is for 12 Weekly to Nashville, TN (BNA)

Alex


I don't think they will since they are further from DFW (and closer to BNA), BUT it would be interesting if they ended up splitting BNA/DFW like they are for TBN.
 
BangersAndMash
Posts: 1086
Joined: Sat Jul 10, 2021 5:21 pm

Re: Contour Airlines News and Discussion

Tue Sep 06, 2022 7:52 pm

Jshank83 wrote:
atrude777 wrote:
DOT has awarded CGI, Contour Airlines to take over SkyWest Airlines beginning October 1st.

DOT: https://downloads.regulations.gov/DOT-O ... ment_1.pdf

By this Order, the U.S. Department of Transportation (Department) (1) grants the community of
Cape Girardeau, Missouri, a waiver from the requirement in 49 U.S.C. § 41732(a) that basic
Essential Air Service (EAS) is scheduled air transportation, and (2) selects Corporate Flight
Management, Inc. d/b/a Contour Airlines (Contour) to provide EAS, as public charter flights in
accordance with 14 CFR Part 380, at Cape Girardeau, Missouri, for the three-year contract term
from October 1, 2022, through September 30, 2025.


The contract is for 12 Weekly to Nashville, TN (BNA)

Alex


I don't think they will since they are further from DFW (and closer to BNA), BUT it would be interesting if they ended up splitting BNA/DFW like they are for TBN.


Different dynamics as well, I feel. At TBN, Contour is a known quantity, and the airport was very decisive during the bidding process, while CGI demurred and even needed a second vote. I can see why TBN would get preferential treatment. If Contour plays their cards right there, it's a keeper. Things at CGI are a bit more up in the air.
 
FlyingElvii
Posts: 2450
Joined: Wed Dec 27, 2017 10:53 pm

Re: Contour Airlines News and Discussion

Tue Sep 06, 2022 9:38 pm

Would not be at all surprised if PAH doesn’t get a DFW turn as well.

The wild card seems to be CGI. They could easily tag that on to TBN to DFW and BNA.
 
airlineworker
Posts: 645
Joined: Sat Feb 02, 2019 1:20 am

Re: Contour Airlines News and Discussion

Sat Sep 10, 2022 8:17 pm

tichydev wrote:
MO11 wrote:
Contour acquired two ERJ-140s, N800AE and N801AE on Tuesday.


Hearing there’s plenty more 140s where that came from. Once again there will be a carrier operating all 3 sizes of the ERJ!

Great to see them bringing their service to solid AA hubs but still giving BNA some deserved attention.

Lots more unsubsidized flying opportunities out of BNA and they still have 14 solid connections on AA in addition to the soon to be 7 markets they’ll serve. I wouldn’t be surprised if they don’t take another stab at seasonal service to BKG(BBG) from BNA and maybe CLT or DFW. CFM flew there under various brands for many years. Contour and the AA interline could give those routes critical mass to keep going. Otherwise, some gulf coast markets would provide nice connectivity to destinations popular in the mid south.

Without a doubt DFW has potential as well. Im surprised they haven't gone for any southwestern markets connecting DFW to PHX in this round.

Philly presents opportunities for them to utilize the short field capabilities of the 135/140 with only 30 seats. They could look into returning to old USAir turboprop markets. While HVN would be great, they may be a little full with Avelo, GON could possibly support PHL service again with backing from the Coast Guard, Navy, Electric Boat and Pfizer. HYA could do well seasonally. Plenty of EAS contracts to pick up for PHL and maybe bolster BWI a bit. Maybe pick up the seasonal contract for BHB? While the terrain may pose a challenge, RUT and LEB would be interesting EAS bids as well.

As for Charlotte they could follow the Via/Elite strategy and try smaller Florida markets like UST, VRB and MTH that currently have no service or no connection to the AA network.

Thinking big here but apparently so is LF!


When US had the Beech 1900's on the route, ridership was very low.
 
atrude777
Posts: 4748
Joined: Wed Aug 13, 2003 11:23 pm

Re: Contour Airlines News and Discussion

Thu Sep 15, 2022 9:24 pm

Contour announced the starting date for Clarksburg and Lewisburg Airports to CLT.

Source: https://www.wboy.com/news/harrison/star ... g-airport/

Clarksburg: December 1st

Lewisburg: November 1st.

Now, Contour Airlines has officially been named the newest airline for both North Central West Virginia Airport (CKB) in Bridgeport and Greenbrier Valley Airport (LWB) in Lewisburg. Flights from Clarksburg will begin Dec. 1, 2022, and flights from Lewisburg will begin Nov. 1. The airline will be on a three-year term with both airports, according to the release.

Alex
 
BangersAndMash
Posts: 1086
Joined: Sat Jul 10, 2021 5:21 pm

Re: Contour Airlines News and Discussion

Thu Sep 22, 2022 4:56 pm

Short piece on the new EAS routes launching in the coming weeks/months. Nothing groundbreaking there. More interesting is the news they're expecting another 10 E145s to come on property.

https://www.routesonline.com/news/29/breaking-news/298683/contour-airlines-wins-us-subsidies-for-regional-routes/
 
FlyingElvii
Posts: 2450
Joined: Wed Dec 27, 2017 10:53 pm

Re: Contour Airlines News and Discussion

Mon Oct 17, 2022 2:13 pm

Did Contour have a meltdown last week? Looking at flightaware this weekend, it seems that several of the T, W, Th flights did not operate in several places across the system?
 
jetstream3399
Posts: 45
Joined: Thu Aug 30, 2007 4:52 am

Re: Contour Airlines News and Discussion

Mon Oct 17, 2022 3:57 pm

No, but CEC was below minimums pretty much every day last week and that route had several rolling delays/cancellations waiting for the weather to come up. I don’t see any other cancellations last week and on time performance each day was above 90%.
 
BangersAndMash
Posts: 1086
Joined: Sat Jul 10, 2021 5:21 pm

Re: Contour Airlines News and Discussion

Mon Oct 31, 2022 10:12 pm

Contour has bid at MSS (Boutique has given notice).

https://www.regulations.gov/document/DOT-OST-2012-0163-0081

Proposal is for 12x weekly, all to PHL, or alternatively up to 6x weekly to BWI and the balance to PHL, depending on the community's wishes.

The other bidders are Boutique again, Southern Airways Express, and Air Charter Express.

Considering all these fly turboprops, Contour has a very good chance to add another EAS market here.
 
Lilj4425
Posts: 71
Joined: Sat Oct 26, 2019 7:49 pm

Re: Contour Airlines News and Discussion

Mon Oct 31, 2022 10:17 pm

sonnyr23 wrote:
How have the GSP to BNA and BNA to GSP flights been going ? Are they going out Full ?


It’s been cut from 5X a week down to 2X a week. They have the lowest passenger fill rates out of any airline at GSP at 65.5%.
 
User avatar
knope2001
Posts: 3171
Joined: Wed Jun 01, 2005 5:54 am

Re: Contour Airlines News and Discussion

Mon Oct 31, 2022 10:33 pm

BangersAndMash wrote:
Contour has bid at MSS (Boutique has given notice).

https://www.regulations.gov/document/DOT-OST-2012-0163-0081

Proposal is for 12x weekly, all to PHL, or alternatively up to 6x weekly to BWI and the balance to PHL, depending on the community's wishes.

The other bidders are Boutique again, Southern Airways Express, and Air Charter Express.

Considering all these fly turboprops, Contour has a very good chance to add another EAS market here.


Hopefully the airport is able to handle the ERJ -- that was Skywest's screw up when they won the award to operate CRJ's to IAD/ORD and then realized their error. If I recall correctly MSS preferred BOS as their hub at the time anyway, but we shall see what they say.
 
BangersAndMash
Posts: 1086
Joined: Sat Jul 10, 2021 5:21 pm

Re: Contour Airlines News and Discussion

Sat Nov 05, 2022 12:44 pm

Nice little piece from James Madison University. Good to see prominent local players supporting the new Contour service at SHD. JMU students and staff are going to be a key demographic.

https://www.jmu.edu/news/2022/11/01-contour-welcome-shd.shtml
 
jikei
Posts: 34
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2021 4:47 am

Re: Contour Airlines News and Discussion

Thu Dec 08, 2022 11:51 pm

Contour picked up one, perhaps two of the ex-ExpressJet/aha! planes.

N843HK was ferried to MQY on 10/11, and began what I assume were test flights on 12//3, and now looks like its flying the newly launched CLT-PAH route.

N839HK was ferried to MQY on 10/18. Has moved since. I am assuming Contour picked it up as well since it's in MQY.

The other two aha! planes N844HK and N846HK are stored at MZJ.
 
GSP psgr
Posts: 909
Joined: Thu Mar 30, 2000 7:09 am

Re: Contour Airlines News and Discussion

Fri Dec 09, 2022 6:51 pm

Lilj4425 wrote:
sonnyr23 wrote:
How have the GSP to BNA and BNA to GSP flights been going ? Are they going out Full ?


It’s been cut from 5X a week down to 2X a week. They have the lowest passenger fill rates out of any airline at GSP at 65.5%.


Contour is dropping BNA-IND/GSP. Hopefully WN will move their GSP-ATL to BNA to pick up the slack.

https://www.aeroroutes.com/eng/221208-lfjan23bna
 
BangersAndMash
Posts: 1086
Joined: Sat Jul 10, 2021 5:21 pm

Re: Contour Airlines News and Discussion

Fri Dec 09, 2022 7:10 pm

GSP psgr wrote:
Lilj4425 wrote:
sonnyr23 wrote:
How have the GSP to BNA and BNA to GSP flights been going ? Are they going out Full ?


It’s been cut from 5X a week down to 2X a week. They have the lowest passenger fill rates out of any airline at GSP at 65.5%.


Contour is dropping BNA-IND/GSP. Hopefully WN will move their GSP-ATL to BNA to pick up the slack.

https://www.aeroroutes.com/eng/221208-lfjan23bna


I would wait for some official confirmation on that. Contour have a habit of running it very close to the end before extending their schedule.
 
73790
Posts: 107
Joined: Fri Jun 17, 2016 12:48 am

Re: Contour Airlines News and Discussion

Fri Dec 09, 2022 7:55 pm

Not sure what prompted this, but they are using a privately configured Legacy out of PHL on EAS Routes, I confirmed with friends who work ramp at PHL it still has a custom interior.

https://flightaware.com/live/flight/N611BV
 
Lilj4425
Posts: 71
Joined: Sat Oct 26, 2019 7:49 pm

Re: Contour Airlines News and Discussion

Fri Dec 09, 2022 9:48 pm

BangersAndMash wrote:
GSP psgr wrote:
Lilj4425 wrote:

It’s been cut from 5X a week down to 2X a week. They have the lowest passenger fill rates out of any airline at GSP at 65.5%.


Contour is dropping BNA-IND/GSP. Hopefully WN will move their GSP-ATL to BNA to pick up the slack.

https://www.aeroroutes.com/eng/221208-lfjan23bna


I would wait for some official confirmation on that. Contour have a habit of running it very close to the end before extending their schedule.


GSP confirms that Contour is leaving.
 
orlandocfi
Posts: 338
Joined: Mon Nov 23, 2020 12:53 am

Re: Contour Airlines News and Discussion

Sat Dec 10, 2022 12:09 am

73790 wrote:
Not sure what prompted this, but they are using a privately configured Legacy out of PHL on EAS Routes, I confirmed with friends who work ramp at PHL it still has a custom interior.

https://flightaware.com/live/flight/N611BV


I seem to remember JSX has a Legacy and has subbed it in for flights according to a YouTube review I’ve seen. I know Contour has an active charter business so maybe this was a subbed aircraft due to maintenance or something.
 
sprxUSA
Posts: 921
Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2004 5:17 am

Re: Contour Airlines News and Discussion

Sat Dec 10, 2022 12:32 am

Amazed they lasted as long as this at GSP. Highly doubt anyone will try this route again.
 
FlyingElvii
Posts: 2450
Joined: Wed Dec 27, 2017 10:53 pm

Re: Contour Airlines News and Discussion

Sat Dec 10, 2022 3:58 am

73790 wrote:
Not sure what prompted this, but they are using a privately configured Legacy out of PHL on EAS Routes, I confirmed with friends who work ramp at PHL it still has a custom interior.

https://flightaware.com/live/flight/N611BV

It is probably covering maintenance or crew shortage. It has sat in White Plains for several days, so it would be an easy replacement, since crews tend to be assigned to the charter aircraft for 7-10 days at a time.

13 seats, IIRC, so it could work easily for off-peak Ogdensburg.
 
Northwest1988
Posts: 396
Joined: Mon Mar 25, 2013 6:10 pm

Re: Contour Airlines News and Discussion

Sat Dec 10, 2022 4:04 am

Unfortunate about GSP but it’s not a big surprise. When Southwest launched GSP over a decade ago GSP-BNA was one of the first routes dropped. I don’t think it lasted a year then.
 
User avatar
AVLAirlineFreq
Posts: 1769
Joined: Sat Jun 21, 2008 1:31 am

Re: Contour Airlines News and Discussion

Sat Dec 10, 2022 3:23 pm

Northwest1988 wrote:
Unfortunate about GSP but it’s not a big surprise. When Southwest launched GSP over a decade ago GSP-BNA was one of the first routes dropped. I don’t think it lasted a year then.


Three years. Half the traffic was O&D, and WN moved the connecting traffic to MDW and BWI at first, then ATL only.
 
FlyingElvii
Posts: 2450
Joined: Wed Dec 27, 2017 10:53 pm

Re: Contour Airlines News and Discussion

Mon Dec 12, 2022 5:08 am

Wow…..
Contour had a bit of a meltdown today. 12 flights canceled per Flightaware, including both Macon rt’s.
https://flightaware.com/live/fleet/VTE/cancelled

Weather?
Or crew shortage?

Update:
This looks like weather….
Macon was at or below minimums all day, TBN and OGS as well.
 
atrude777
Posts: 4748
Joined: Wed Aug 13, 2003 11:23 pm

Re: Contour Airlines News and Discussion

Mon Dec 12, 2022 4:22 pm

Got an email from Ailevon Pacific that Contour had cancelled 11 EAS Markets from April 16th onward.

It is clearly a glitch but wonder how it happened!

I went to the Contour Website, and it affected CGI-BNA, but PAH-CLT is still selling.

Hope it gets fixed soon!

Alex
 
jetstream3399
Posts: 45
Joined: Thu Aug 30, 2007 4:52 am

Re: Contour Airlines News and Discussion

Mon Dec 12, 2022 4:36 pm

It’s not a glitch, the schedule extension is being released in phases. All CLT markets are now out through October 2023, as well as MCN, PGA, and CEC. PHL and BNA/DFW markets will be out this week.
 
SaabFA71
Posts: 126
Joined: Sat Apr 16, 2005 9:17 am

Re: Contour Airlines News and Discussion

Mon Dec 12, 2022 6:01 pm

I'd like to see Contour come to MDT and/or LNS with flights to PIT. MDT and LNS haven't seen scheduled service to PIT since Southern Airways Express and USAir Express before that. The only way now to get to PIT is either by Amtrak or Megabus, which can take several hours. I still hear people in the Harrisburg and Lancaster areas wish for air service to come back to PIT, so I think the route should be viable.
 
atrude777
Posts: 4748
Joined: Wed Aug 13, 2003 11:23 pm

Re: Contour Airlines News and Discussion

Mon Dec 12, 2022 6:22 pm

jikei wrote:
Contour picked up one, perhaps two of the ex-ExpressJet/aha! planes.

N843HK was ferried to MQY on 10/11, and began what I assume were test flights on 12//3, and now looks like its flying the newly launched CLT-PAH route.

N839HK was ferried to MQY on 10/18. Has moved since. I am assuming Contour picked it up as well since it's in MQY.

The other two aha! planes N844HK and N846HK are stored at MZJ.


N843HK is named "Pride of Paducah" and it indeed will try to fly the Paducah route when it operationally can.

Here is a link to the clip of it in a video...

https://www.kfvs12.com/2022/12/06/inaug ... otte-tues/

Alex
 
MDTflyer1
Posts: 13
Joined: Sat Jan 02, 2021 1:46 pm

Re: Contour Airlines News and Discussion

Tue Dec 13, 2022 3:48 am

SaabFA71 wrote:
I'd like to see Contour come to MDT and/or LNS with flights to PIT. MDT and LNS haven't seen scheduled service to PIT since Southern Airways Express and USAir Express before that. The only way now to get to PIT is either by Amtrak or Megabus, which can take several hours. I still hear people in the Harrisburg and Lancaster areas wish for air service to come back to PIT, so I think the route should be viable.


Southern Airways Express currently flies LNS to PIT twice a day Monday through Friday and once daily on Saturday and Sundays as part of their EAS contract at Lancaster. LNS is also a maintenance base for 9X. 9X briefly flew MDT to PIT at risk for a few months beginning in October of 2016. I can't seem to remember when the flights ended, but I don't think they lasted past May 2017. I went back and checked MDT's stats and 9X stops showing up in their June 2017 spreadsheets. 9X's best month on the route was November 2016. 188 total passengers flew MDT-PIT/PIT-MDT during November 2016. From what I remember, their tenure at MDT was rocky with operational/staffing issues and weather cancelations, which affected their reliability. Those reliability issues, along with most of the flying public's aversion of flying in a small single engine plane, meant the route never had a chance to succeed. There probably was a small market for MDT-PIT pre-Covid, and Contour with their 30 seat ERJ135s was probably the best fit especially since they were already planning to fly PIT-IND/MKE (which they briefly did). With that being said, the issue is the economic landscape in commercial aviation has shifted so much since 2019 that a potentially marginal route pairing like MDT-PIT on a 30-50 seat RJ in 2022/2023 is not going to happen. There are simply not enough pilots and the cost of operating 30-50 seat RJs on nonsubsidized routes makes financial success in this current climate challenging to say the least. Additionally, it was announced within the last few days that Contour is going to end, I believe, their last two at risk routes (GSP/IND-BNA) in January 2023. Which unless Contour is doing some at risk flying out west, all of their remaining routes will be subsidized through the AEAS program. Needless to say, I don't think we are going to see Contour flying MDT-PIT anytime soon. Perhaps when LNS's EAS contract is up in a few years, Contour will make a bid for it through the AEAS program. Personally, I don't think LNS deserves to be included in either program, but that's a discussion for a different time and place :)
 
User avatar
hOMSaR
Moderator
Posts: 2616
Joined: Tue Jan 19, 2010 4:47 am

Re: Contour Airlines News and Discussion

Sat Dec 31, 2022 10:35 pm

Please continue in the 2023 edition below:
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1480015
  • 1
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
  • 6
  • 7

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos