Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

BangersAndMash

Re: Contour Airlines News and Discussion

Thu Mar 24, 2022 9:06 am

Not a surprise, but Tupelo is applying for a 2-year extension to Contour's current AEAS contract there. I thought the current situation with OO might encourage them to go for a 4-year deal this time round, but apparently not.

https://www.regulations.gov/document/DOT-OST-2009-0305-0168

BangersAndMash

Thu Mar 24, 2022 4:20 pm

The AEAS grant application for PBG is in. It is for 12 weekly flights to PHL over a 27 months period. Total subsidy is $9,557,027.

https://www.regulations.gov/document/DOT-OST-2003-14783-0270

ATLgaUSA

Thu Mar 24, 2022 9:30 pm

I’m in the Muscle Shoals, AL area today and Contour has done a good job with billboards in the area.

BangersAndMash

Sat Mar 26, 2022 3:10 pm

As reported on the EAS thread, CGI is also being pro-active and has apparently been in contact with 4 carriers.

I would have thought this is a market Contour might be interested in, particularly if Nashville is an option. It would further grow their operation there and allow them to be operationally and financially more effective. And it would potentially open opportunities for more unsubsidised routes out of BNA.

https://www.kfvs12.com/2022/03/22/skywest-continue-flights-cape-girardeau-until-new-carrier-is-place/

We'll see.

BangersAndMash

Tue Mar 29, 2022 7:03 am

Well that went fast!

Contour has got its 2-year extension at Tupelo until September 2024. Like other recent AEAS renewals (think Page, Beckley/Parkersburg or Macon), DOT has awarded the grant without even putting it out to a round of EAS bidding, at the request of the community. I guess when you have a reliable carrier that's not breaking the bank *yes UA, it's you we're looking at*, you let them do what they do best.

DOT filing can be found here:
https://www.regulations.gov/document/DOT-OST-2009-0305-0169

FlyingElvii

Tue Mar 29, 2022 3:41 pm

BangersAndMash wrote:
As reported on the EAS thread, CGI is also being pro-active and has apparently been in contact with 4 carriers.

I would have thought this is a market Contour might be interested in, particularly if Nashville is an option. It would further grow their operation there and allow them to be operationally and financially more effective. And it would potentially open opportunities for more unsubsidised routes out of BNA.

https://www.kfvs12.com/2022/03/22/skywest-continue-flights-cape-girardeau-until-new-carrier-is-place/

We'll see.

Like every other small carrier, the issue is planes and pilots.

FlyingElvii

Tue Mar 29, 2022 3:48 pm

BangersAndMash wrote:
Well that went fast!

Contour has got its 2-year extension at Tupelo until September 2024. Like other recent AEAS renewals (think Page, Beckley/Parkersburg or Macon), DOT has awarded the grant without even putting it out to a round of EAS bidding, at the request of the community. I guess when you have a reliable carrier that's not breaking the bank *yes UA, it's you we're looking at*, you let them do what they do best.

DOT filing can be found here:
https://www.regulations.gov/document/DOT-OST-2009-0305-0169

BangersAndMash

Tue Mar 29, 2022 4:12 pm

FlyingElvii wrote:
BangersAndMash wrote:

We'll see.

They'll have an easier ride with pilots as a Part 135 operator.

Planes aren't really going to be a problem. Dozens of ERJs are rotting in the desert right now. I'm sure their owners would be delighted to have a few off their hands.

There's the issue of fuel prices, but there's no way of telling if that's blip or a longer term thing right now.

FlyingElvii

Tue Mar 29, 2022 6:23 pm

BangersAndMash wrote:
FlyingElvii wrote:
BangersAndMash wrote:

We'll see.

They'll have an easier ride with pilots as a Part 135 operator.

Planes aren't really going to be a problem. Dozens of ERJs are rotting in the desert right now. I'm sure their owners would be delighted to have a few off their hands.

There's the issue of fuel prices, but there's no way of telling if that's blip or a longer term thing right now.

BangersAndMash

Fri Apr 01, 2022 7:50 am

Elected officials and economic stakeholders are coming out in force to support AEAS with Contour at PBG. Good to see the commitment.

https://www.regulations.gov/docket/DOT-OST-2003-14783/document?postedDateFrom=2022-03-30&postedDateTo=2022-04-01

A couple of interesting titbits being highlighted:

1. The proximity to Montreal - the Canadian border fully reopening should help these flights a great deal

2. The 2023 Winter University Games taking place at Lake Placid - I always thought the area had great potential for Contour to expand its business beyond pure EAS with some charter opportunities

OGS on the other hand seems to have gone all quiet. A sign that all is not well there, maybe? I would have thought it'd be an attractive market too. It's not far behind PBG, pax wise. And the community seemed amenable to PHL. This would certainly make things easier for Contour from an operational standpoint since they'd open a station there anyway for PBG flights. Or maybe DOT is just taking its time.

bringbackATA

Tue Apr 26, 2022 10:01 pm

Why doesn’t Contour still have the PIT,IND,MKE triangle. I know PIT-MKE was the biggest route but why not make Indianapolis a connection point between the 2?

BangersAndMash

Tue May 10, 2022 7:17 am

The EAS award for PBG is out. Contour with 12x weekly to PHL is confirmed. Contract is for 27 months to October 2024.

https://www.regulations.gov/document/DOT-OST-2003-14783-0276

Still no news for OGS.

BangersAndMash

Tue May 10, 2022 12:11 pm

Well well, OGS is out too. With Contour to PHL, as I thought. Same service pattern and duration as PBG.

https://www.regulations.gov/document/DOT-OST-1997-2842-0451

That pair always made sense. Was a bit silly to open a station for a single destination when a second was just there for the taking.

BangersAndMash

Fri May 13, 2022 9:22 am

Looks like Contour is trying for Paducah KY with service to CLT

atrude777 wrote:
Regarding Paducah, Kentucky-PAH

While the bids aren't uploaded yet through DOT, Paducah has confirmed with the media they have received three bids.

Southern Airways Express and Boutique to Nashville-BNA
Contour Airlines to CLT (This surprised me, I thought Contour cannot bid on EAS?)

Source: https://www.wpsdlocal6.com/news/barkley ... 31752.html

Alex

Thanks for sharing!

BangersAndMash

Fri May 13, 2022 8:31 pm

Contour's proposal to Paducah, which has now been uploaded, contains details of all the markets they're pitching for.

https://www.regulations.gov/docket/DOT-OST-2009-0299/document?postedDateFrom=2022-05-13&postedDateTo=2022-05-13

These include:
- PAH to CLT
- CGI to BNA
- CKB to CLT
- TBN to BNA (that one's a bit of a surprise; they didn't seem to have parted in good terms when TBN went for OO)
- LWB to CLT
- PIB to BNA
- JST to CLT
- SHD to CLT

They are really going for it! And they have a good chance of winning all of these.

Jshank83

Sat May 14, 2022 2:39 am

BangersAndMash wrote:
Contour's proposal to Paducah, which has now been uploaded, contains details of all the markets they're pitching for.

https://www.regulations.gov/docket/DOT-OST-2009-0299/document?postedDateFrom=2022-05-13&postedDateTo=2022-05-13

These include:
- PAH to CLT
- CGI to BNA
- CKB to CLT
- TBN to BNA (that one's a bit of a surprise; they didn't seem to have parted in good terms when TBN went for OO)
- LWB to CLT
- PIB to BNA
- JST to CLT
- SHD to CLT

They are really going for it! And they have a good chance of winning all of these.

I was thinking the same thing about TBN. I thought they left there and had zero interest in returning.

BangersAndMash

Sat May 14, 2022 7:29 am

Jshank83 wrote:
BangersAndMash wrote:

These include:
- PAH to CLT
- CGI to BNA
- CKB to CLT
- LWB to CLT
- PIB to BNA
- JST to CLT
- SHD to CLT

I was thinking the same thing about TBN. I thought they left there and had zero interest in returning.

TBN can count their blessings here. Otherwise, it was back to bumping around on Cessnas!

Maybe the charter work brought them back, as FlyingElvii mentioned on the EAS thread?

BangersAndMash

Sun May 15, 2022 10:00 am

Given their EAS proposals, I think we can safely say Contour's little IND experiment is over. I don't see them going back, even if there is money left in the incentive pot. They will have their work cut out with up to 8 new airports/routes.

bval

Mon May 16, 2022 4:12 pm

BangersAndMash wrote:
The EAS award for PBG is out. Contour with 12x weekly to PHL is confirmed. Contract is for 27 months to October 2024.

Still no news for OGS.

I keep checking their website and Twitter hoping to see an announcement and for the schedule to get loaded and so far nada. The website's press section looks dead since 2020 and the Twitter account isn't much more active. Would be nice to be able to book flights given July isn't that far away.

Bigant0408

Mon May 16, 2022 4:16 pm

bval wrote:
BangersAndMash wrote:

Still no news for OGS.

I keep checking their website and Twitter hoping to see an announcement and for the schedule to get loaded and so far nada. The website's press section looks dead since 2020 and the Twitter account isn't much more active. Would be nice to be able to book flights given July isn't that far away.

I been checking myself and the closest they have at the moment is job openings for PBG and PHL and OGS

BangersAndMash

Mon May 16, 2022 5:56 pm

Bigant0408 wrote:
bval wrote:
BangersAndMash wrote:

Still no news for OGS.

I been checking myself and the closest they have at the moment is job openings for PBG and PHL and OGS

Last I heard, they said they still had a few details to iron out but they were aiming for a July 1 start, although that could be delayed by a few days - "a week either side" if I remember correctly.

bval

Tue May 17, 2022 7:53 pm

BangersAndMash wrote:
Last I heard, they said they still had a few details to iron out but they were aiming for a July 1 start, although that could be delayed by a few days - "a week either side" if I remember correctly.

Thanks, I know they have to decide what to do with tickets already sold on OO past that date, but hopefully soon. Given it's sold-out summer (lol) I will probably end up booking more 9K segments out of SLK, but I was hoping to get a chance to book one of the inaugural LF flights out of PBG.

BangersAndMash

Tue May 17, 2022 11:18 pm

bval wrote:
BangersAndMash wrote:

Thanks, I know they have to decide what to do with tickets already sold on OO past that date, but hopefully soon. Given it's sold-out summer (lol) I will probably end up booking more 9K segments out of SLK, but I was hoping to get a chance to book one of the inaugural LF flights out of PBG.

Fingers crossed it'll get sorted out soon! Given OO is keen to leave, I'm sure they will be accommodating.

BangersAndMash

Tue May 17, 2022 11:26 pm

Interesting bits in the Contour submission for the 8 EAS markets they're applying for.

They're talking about doubling the size of their regional jet fleet. That should bring it to about 40 aircraft, which should allow for further growth. Wondering where those additional ERJs might be deployed. More EAS or will they try some more at-risk flying? And if so from where. The latest EAS application is heavily focused on CLT (5 markets) and BNA (3 markets). Maybe the sign of things to come.

BangersAndMash

Sat May 21, 2022 9:49 pm

As reported, the PHL-PBG/OGS flights are now bookable. Start date will be July 1.

It appears they're taking the former SkyWest staff on, which is always a good thing. And with a pay rise, which is even better!

https://www.wcax.com/2022/05/18/plattsburgh-adds-new-airline-flights-philadelphia/

wedgetail737

Sun May 22, 2022 3:30 am

I wonder if Contour will re-enter the non-EAS markets and routes soon.

BangersAndMash

Sun May 22, 2022 10:02 am

wedgetail737 wrote:

They still fly BNA-IND/GSP.

With up to 8 new EAS markets out of CLT and BNA, we could see more at-risk flying out of these 2 airports. Can't see them go back to IND though. They might as well leverage economies of scale at their larger EAS bases.

A lot of the routes they served out West have been taken over by other carriers so I don't see them coming back. The WN base at SBA pretty much killed that. Although they've been hinting at resuming PGA-LAS.

atrude777

Sun May 22, 2022 2:17 pm

As I do more research into Contour, I like their operation...

Jet Service especially, TSA Pre Check etc.

My only beef is this...

I use CGI/PAH and even MWA to fly into my hometown. My hometown is MWA but also smack dab between CGI and PAH. I live in Chicago.

I do my best to fly into MWA, but sometimes CGI/PAH have the better fares, especially being Non Stop from Chicago.

If CGI/PAH lose SkyWest and go to Contour, I won't be able to fly non stop anymore from Chicago.

However I will continue to use MWA via STL/BNA because of the American Airlines Codeshare. This was the biggest selling point of having Cape Air, was ability to EARN miles and segments on American.

Contour having an interline agreement does nothing when you don't check bags (this guy doesn't).

The idea they want me to to book AA PAH-CLT-XXX and not be able to earn AA Miles or segments on the PAH-CLT segment is going to sting. Many folks in the area are with United Mileage Plus for those flying United from CGI/PAH and couldn't even try to Status Match with American to move over because Contour with AA won't recognize Oneworld and AAdvantage. (This is what United offered to the PAH folks who were used to having NWA/DL out of PAH in 2009).

With Contour growing and aligning themselves with American, are they working out on a codeshare too?

Least Cape Air has that.

Also with the ability to have a codeshare on AA/Contour is if I am just flying PAH-CLT, I could earn AA miles, however if a passenger is flying PAH-CLT, they have to book on Contour, and not earn anything.

That's the only thing I'd like to see with Contour moving forward is the AA Codeshare.

Alex

BangersAndMash

Sun May 22, 2022 9:07 pm

atrude777 wrote:

My only beef is this...

I use CGI/PAH and even MWA to fly into my hometown. My hometown is MWA but also smack dab between CGI and PAH. I live in Chicago.

I do my best to fly into MWA, but sometimes CGI/PAH have the better fares, especially being Non Stop from Chicago.

If CGI/PAH lose SkyWest and go to Contour, I won't be able to fly non stop anymore from Chicago.

However I will continue to use MWA via STL/BNA because of the American Airlines Codeshare. This was the biggest selling point of having Cape Air, was ability to EARN miles and segments on American.

Contour having an interline agreement does nothing when you don't check bags (this guy doesn't).

The idea they want me to to book AA PAH-CLT-XXX and not be able to earn AA Miles or segments on the PAH-CLT segment is going to sting. Many folks in the area are with United Mileage Plus for those flying United from CGI/PAH and couldn't even try to Status Match with American to move over because Contour with AA won't recognize Oneworld and AAdvantage. (This is what United offered to the PAH folks who were used to having NWA/DL out of PAH in 2009).

With Contour growing and aligning themselves with American, are they working out on a codeshare too?

Least Cape Air has that.

Also with the ability to have a codeshare on AA/Contour is if I am just flying PAH-CLT, I could earn AA miles, however if a passenger is flying PAH-CLT, they have to book on Contour, and not earn anything.

That's the only thing I'd like to see with Contour moving forward is the AA Codeshare.

Alex

I'm just wondering how critical it would be in the grand scheme of things. Sure it matters to you personally as a miles collector. But how many people is this going to apply to in EAS spokes, when you know things can change at very short notice. I'd argue it's probably not worthwhile playing the loyalty game for most of these folks with the risk of accumulating a pile of miles that can suddenly get difficult to be rid of.

And sure, if I'm an AA loyalist, I'm all for a codeshare. It opens up more destinations and more ways of earning EQMs/EQDs. But if I need to get to any of these destinations, I'm probably still going to fly Contour even if there's no codeshare, especially if it's ERJ against Cessna. In the end, I'm just not sure the lack of a codeshare makes that big a difference, not on a specific route anyway.

That being said, I find interesting that Contour have clearly made the choice to go all in on AA, which is somewhat unusual. You'd expect a small carrier to try and partner with as many network carriers as they possibly can. So if they wanted a deeper relationship (and I'd say it doesn't even need to be a codeshare, what it needs is a frequent flyer tie up wit the ability to earn AAdvantage miles on Contour flights), what they're doing would be the way to go.

wedgetail737

Sun May 22, 2022 9:49 pm

BangersAndMash wrote:
wedgetail737 wrote:

They still fly BNA-IND/GSP.

With up to 8 new EAS markets out of CLT and BNA, we could see more at-risk flying out of these 2 airports. Can't see them go back to IND though. They might as well leverage economies of scale at their larger EAS bases.

A lot of the routes they served out West have been taken over by other carriers so I don't see them coming back. The WN base at SBA pretty much killed that. Although they've been hinting at resuming PGA-LAS.

I agree about Contour not returning to OAK-SBA considering WN being in the market. I was kind of hoping they would entertain moving that service from SBA to SBP...so OAK-SBP-LAS sort of thing.

atrude777

Sun May 22, 2022 11:08 pm

BangersAndMash wrote:
atrude777 wrote:

My only beef is this...

Least Cape Air has that.

Alex

I'm just wondering how critical it would be in the grand scheme of things. Sure it matters to you personally as a miles collector. But how many people is this going to apply to in EAS spokes, when you know things can change at very short notice. I'd argue it's probably not worthwhile playing the loyalty game for most of these folks with the risk of accumulating a pile of miles that can suddenly get difficult to be rid of.

And sure, if I'm an AA loyalist, I'm all for a codeshare. It opens up more destinations and more ways of earning EQMs/EQDs. But if I need to get to any of these destinations, I'm probably still going to fly Contour even if there's no codeshare, especially if it's ERJ against Cessna. In the end, I'm just not sure the lack of a codeshare makes that big a difference, not on a specific route anyway.

That being said, I find interesting that Contour have clearly made the choice to go all in on AA, which is somewhat unusual. You'd expect a small carrier to try and partner with as many network carriers as they possibly can. So if they wanted a deeper relationship (and I'd say it doesn't even need to be a codeshare, what it needs is a frequent flyer tie up wit the ability to earn AAdvantage miles on Contour flights), what they're doing would be the way to go.

I wouldn't have called it critical myself, but it would be a huge benefit.

It must have been important enough though, that Cape Air made sure to keep the AA Code share when they took over the STL EAS flying (in addition to adding BNA and ORD), in addition to having the Delta Codeshare established in and out of BOS and Jetblue as well.

Interline is nice, Codeshare is even better.

Overall though honestly, the majority of EAS has a codeshare...

Cape Air-STL/BNA/ORD with American
Cape Air-BOS with Delta and Jetblue
SkyWest-Delta and United
American Airlines 3-(4 EAS Cities)
United (3-4 EAS Cities)

If anything MORE EAS have codeshare agreements to earn miles, segments and have Status recognition, then cities that don't.

I like your idea though, if Contour can establish some kind of Frequent Flyer Reciprocal Program with American Airlines, like UA and Hawaiian has, that'd be awesome.

Contour doesn't have a Frequent Flyer Program, (in their defense, neither does Cape Air on their own).

Alex

bval

Tue May 24, 2022 7:44 pm

BangersAndMash wrote:
atrude777 wrote:

My only beef is this...

Least Cape Air has that.

Alex

I've been trying to get AA/9K to codeshare around BOS and JFK or at least work out a mileage earning agreement the same way DL has. It's not about collecting miles for me, it's about requalifying for status. If suddenly I only had UA around me I'd pursue a status match, because as a business traveler how you're treated for reaccom, upgrades, etc is even more important than award tickets.

There's been a lot of talk in the thread about the needs of business travelers and I would like to think the multiple round trips a month I'm making on 9K out of SLK are helping the case for our EAS service. I'm thrilled we'll see Contour out of PBG and it'll help me a ton on certain trips even with the longer drive. But I also hope they codeshare for similar elite qualifying reasons.

FlyingElvii

Wed May 25, 2022 2:19 am

Contour had a “Show and Tell” in Clarksburg today, Any idea how it went?

BangersAndMash

Thu May 26, 2022 10:07 pm

Contour is being recommended for Fort Leonard Wood.

I guess it's just a formality now. One down, 7 more to go.

https://www.regulations.gov/document/DOT-OST-1996-1167-0166

wedgetail737

Thu May 26, 2022 10:55 pm

BangersAndMash wrote:

Didn't LF fly to Ft. Leonard Wood not too long ago (prior to the pandemic).

BangersAndMash

Thu May 26, 2022 11:27 pm

wedgetail737 wrote:
BangersAndMash wrote:

They did indeed, for a 2 year term. They lost the contract to OO last year.

What a difference a year makes. TBN seem REALLY angry with OO now. That recommendation letter is savage!

ahj2000

Tue May 31, 2022 6:26 pm

BangersAndMash wrote:
wedgetail737 wrote:
BangersAndMash wrote:

What a difference a year makes. TBN seem REALLY angry with OO now. That recommendation letter is savage!

Indeed it is. Odd that it will be operated as public charter, it appears, and not as scheduled service. There's also a bit of laying in to Southern (more politely) about 9-seater, single engine aircraft too.

Jshank83

Tue May 31, 2022 6:46 pm

ahj2000 wrote:
BangersAndMash wrote:
wedgetail737 wrote:

Indeed it is. Odd that it will be operated as public charter, it appears, and not as scheduled service. There's also a bit of laying in to Southern (more politely) about 9-seater, single engine aircraft too.

They have said for a few contracts now that 9 seaters won't do the job with all the luggage they have from military. Used it against cape the last few times. So kind of it what it is for Southern also.

BangersAndMash

Tue May 31, 2022 8:14 pm

ahj2000 wrote:
BangersAndMash wrote:
wedgetail737 wrote:

Under Part 135, they can operate aircraft up to 30 seats as public charter, so jets, which pretty much every community prefers. They would be limited to 9 seats tops as a scheduled operator under those rules. Being able to operate under Part 135 also means more flexible rules for pilot hires, and they have been a lot less impacted by the pilot shortage than some of the other carriers. The downside is they have to do it via the AEAS route since normal EAS rules say scheduled flights.

It's interesting that they're asking DOT for a waiver on that for the duration of the contract to speed things up. They're so desperate to be rid of OO by July 1 when frequency will drop to 1x daily. And good on them for standing up like this. It absolutely baffles me the number of communities that are literally fawning at the mouth even after OO treated them like crap.

They're actually letting Southern down nicely here. There's even a thank you! Some are more blunt than that.

FlyingElvii

Wed Jun 01, 2022 3:14 am

Contour had a plane in SHD and Lewisburg today for a show and tell.

BangersAndMash

Sat Jun 11, 2022 8:55 am

Contour got a recommendation at SHD.

OO's attempt to hang on by proposing a new Part 135 operation to restore 2x daily non-stop service has failed. They were asking for the community's trust, with no timeframe for launch, while SHD would have continued to be served 1x daily tagged with LWB in the meantime. Somebody at SHD thankfully saw the light!

On the other hand, BKW and PKB came up trumps with a glowing reference for Contour.

https://www.regulations.gov/document/DOT-OST-2002-11378-0130

BangersAndMash

Wed Jun 15, 2022 7:53 pm

Well it's been a long winding road but it looks like CGI may be moving towards a Contour recommendation. A decision will be made this coming Friday and put to a vote by city council on Monday. Skywest seems to have damaged that relationship beyond repair.

It seems a second route to CLT could also be on the cards. They've had preliminary high-level talks.

https://www.semissourian.com/story/2953825.html

Tip of the hat to atrude777 for the link

FlyingElvii

Thu Jun 16, 2022 4:42 am

BangersAndMash wrote:

Connecting and even cross-ticketing through Nashville won’t be a huge deal for TBN, since most of the traffic is government. Plenty of flights to the DC area to connect to.

As far as an inside turn for the TBN aircraft goes, I would not be at all surprised to see LIT, JAN, CAE, or even something like Gulfport or Mobile.

BangersAndMash

Thu Jun 16, 2022 11:22 am

FlyingElvii wrote:
BangersAndMash wrote:

Connecting and even cross-ticketing through Nashville won’t be a huge deal for TBN, since most of the traffic is government. Plenty of flights to the DC area to connect to.

As far as an inside turn for the TBN aircraft goes, I would not be at all surprised to see LIT, JAN, CAE, or even something like Gulfport or Mobile.

There certainly are opportunities for some at risk flying on the back of the TBN addition. AVL is another one I'd add to that list.

GUF would be an obvious one to me as well. The airport is in the process of applying for a small community grant for service to Nashville. With Elite. Why!? :roll: Contour makes so much more sense.

Lilj4425

Mon Jun 20, 2022 8:02 am

Contour pulling out of GSP around the end of September it looks like. Ouch.

BangersAndMash

Mon Jun 20, 2022 11:56 am

Lilj4425 wrote:

IND, their other at risk route, is no longer bookable from the end of September either.

Fuel prices proving too much?

FlyingElvii

Mon Jun 20, 2022 12:13 pm

BangersAndMash wrote:
Lilj4425 wrote:

IND, their other at risk route, is no longer bookable from the end of September either.

Fuel prices proving too much?

More like a lack of captains…

jetstream3399

Mon Jun 20, 2022 12:55 pm

No Contour market is bookable after 9/30 at the moment, their schedule just has not been extended yet. I'm told the winter schedule will be released this week.

Lilj4425

Mon Jun 20, 2022 1:12 pm

jetstream3399 wrote:
No Contour market is bookable after 9/30 at the moment, their schedule just has not been extended yet. I'm told the winter schedule will be released this week.

Thanks for the correction and good to hear. I find it odd though you can’t book with them after September 26th even though that’s only 3.5 months away. Most other airlines you can book almost a year out.

BangersAndMash

Mon Jun 20, 2022 2:17 pm

Lilj4425 wrote:
jetstream3399 wrote:

Thanks for the correction and good to hear. I find it odd though you can’t book with them after September 26th even though that’s only 3.5 months away. Most other airlines you can book almost a year out.

Good to hear indeed.

While 3.5 months is a bit on the short side, it's not uncommon for LCCs/ULCCs or leisure specialists like Air Transat to have relatively short booking windows (typically the current/upcoming season).

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos