Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

PITFlyer330
Topic Author

Frontier adding Las Vegas to XNA, BMI, MEM, MSN, TUS

Tue Jun 22, 2021 4:51 pm

Frontier is adding two weekly flights from las vegas to Bentonville, bloomington, Memphis, Madison, and tuscon https://twitter.com/ByERussell/status/1 ... 82989?s=20

All will begin in august
born and raised in PIT. AUS second home. Currently in asia

drdisque

Re: Frontier adding Las Vegas to XNA, BMI, MEM, MSN, TUS

Tue Jun 22, 2021 6:04 pm

LAS-XNA can probably support both carriers.

LAS-BMI is very questionable. That's a long low yielding flight and F9 hasn't built up the equity that FL did with their BMI operation.

I've long thought LAS-MEM was underserved.

LAS-MSN has the potential to do OK. F9 is relatively strong there.

TUS is low risk but low reward.

usxguy

Tue Jun 22, 2021 6:32 pm

BMI-LAS will do fine. Its in the perfect location to capture traffic from Peoria, Springfield, Decatur, and Chambana.
xx

drdisque

Tue Jun 22, 2021 6:51 pm

usxguy wrote:
BMI-LAS will do fine. Its in the perfect location to capture traffic from Peoria, Springfield, Decatur, and Chambana.

Agree, but it's been a long time since people in these markets have been used to looking for flights from BMI

keithvh2001

Tue Jun 22, 2021 7:28 pm

drdisque wrote:

Has WN ever served LAS-MEM? They don't serve it now. They know better than I of course, but intuitively it seems like a route that should work, even with PHX-MEM existing too.

WaywardMemphian

Tue Jun 22, 2021 9:21 pm

keithvh2001 wrote:
drdisque wrote:

Has WN ever served LAS-MEM? They don't serve it now. They know better than I of course, but intuitively it seems like a route that should work, even with PHX-MEM existing too.

It's mind-boggling that they haven't added it.

G4 was poised to serve it 6 days a week with 2 frequencies on Thursday and either Sun or Mon in pre covid 2020 and have it at 6 days a week this summer. They are heavy on December frequencies as well.

WN in precovid times served both LAS/PHX from LIT and TUL along with DEN at TUL announced LIT./DEN. No reason MEM couldn't cover DEN, PHX and LAS as well. I imagine we'll see WN add it starting some time in 2022. G4 is flying MEM/LAX 6 days a week during the summer as well.

MAH4546

Tue Jun 22, 2021 11:07 pm

Frontier announces in batches. I bet more announcements this week, maybe more Miami/Orlando/Tampa routes.
a.

Wneast

Tue Jun 22, 2021 11:10 pm

MAH4546 wrote:
Frontier announces in batches. I bet more announcements this week, maybe more Miami/Orlando/Tampa routes.

Maybe the BOI to TPA that they put in there route map at the opening of the TPA base

Wneast

Tue Jun 22, 2021 11:13 pm

Routes America’s also starts tomorrow so they should be announcing more routes

keithvh2001

Wed Jun 23, 2021 1:47 am

WaywardMemphian wrote:
keithvh2001 wrote:
drdisque wrote:

It's mind-boggling that they haven't added it.

G4 was poised to serve it 6 days a week with 2 frequencies on Thursday and either Sun or Mon in pre covid 2020 and have it at 6 days a week this summer. They are heavy on December frequencies as well.

WN in precovid times served both LAS/PHX from LIT and TUL along with DEN at TUL announced LIT./DEN. No reason MEM couldn't cover DEN, PHX and LAS as well. I imagine we'll see WN add it starting some time in 2022. G4 is flying MEM/LAX 6 days a week during the summer as well.

Thanks.

Not to turn this into a MEM discussion --- and I'm sure you know this too --- but WN has been mind-boggling slow as regards options for MEM flyers to the west. Back in 2016-18 I was regularly flying DEN-MEM for work. Flight options were slim pickings (a couple expensive as heck UA flights daily and a less-than-daily F9 flight). It took WN a long time to finally serve what seemed like an obvious opportunity.

joeblow10

Wed Jun 23, 2021 2:03 am

I would bet G4 responds to this pretty aggressively. One announcement itself isn’t much to act on but F9 is really beginning to bulk up LAS and its no longer just to large, easy pickens metros like SEA, LAX, or PHX. They’re going right at G4’s bread and butter

Plus… rumor is F9s next base will be PHX - something I’m sure G4 wouldn’t be thrilled with. Frontier already added things like PHX-FAR in the past few years. The longer G4 allows them to grow, the bigger pest they will be.

That said - G4 definitely has a different customer base, and a loyal one at that

stlgph

Wed Jun 23, 2021 2:24 am

drdisque wrote:
usxguy wrote:

Agree, but it's been a long time since people in these markets have been used to looking for flights from BMI

Frontier seems to have this up and down relationship with BMI.
if assumptions could fly, airliners.net would be the world's busiest airport

DaCubbyBearBar

Wed Jun 23, 2021 5:28 am

PITFlyer330 wrote:
Frontier is adding two weekly flights from las vegas to Bentonville, bloomington, Memphis, Madison, and tuscon https://twitter.com/ByERussell/status/1 ... 82989?s=20

All will begin in august

I think that all can probably work as LAS is the draw!! Flew on FL way back in the day when they did BMI-LAS, it was empty. But FL was not a household name in either market. Let us see if MEM draws any response from WN.
I am me and no one else...so my opinions are mine

MAH4546

Wed Jun 23, 2021 5:45 am

Wneast wrote:
MAH4546 wrote:

Maybe the BOI to TPA that they put in there route map at the opening of the TPA base

No such route was there. It was a connecting point from Denver.
a.

Wneast

Wed Jun 23, 2021 5:51 am

MAH4546 wrote:
Wneast wrote:
MAH4546 wrote:

If you look at the map posted it literally has a line connecting to TPA they wouldn’t put on there if it just had a connecting opportunity in DEN, but even if that isn’t happening routes Americas starts tomorrow and they are speaking so we should hear about about new routes

AC4500

Wed Jun 23, 2021 3:59 pm

Wneast wrote:
MAH4546 wrote:
Wneast wrote:

If you look at the map posted it literally has a line connecting to TPA they wouldn’t put on there if it just had a connecting opportunity in DEN, but even if that isn’t happening routes Americas starts tomorrow and they are speaking so we should hear about about new routes

The TPA-DEN and DEN-BOI segments have the same flight number. Airlines do this to attract more passengers in markets where a direct flight is obviously not feasible.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos