Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

TWA772LR

Re: Northern Pacific Airways discussion thread

Sat Jan 22, 2022 11:18 pm

32andBelow wrote:
Cardude2 wrote:
32andBelow wrote:
The North American ones. It would be weird to skip places like Seattle and Portland when they already have high O and D to Alaska

they're not bad routes but Alaska currently flies them and I think there ultimate goal is to get a codeshare

They have zero chance of a codeshare since Alaska
Joined one world.

They need to figure out a codeshare on the Asian side

Throwing this out there, UA needs to reduce it's reliance on Asia for a while, so having this new outfit be a partner to funnel some traffic will help reduce that reliance. On the Asian end, the Korean and Japanese LCCs (Skymark may work, unaligned carrier that doesn't have a 28 inch pitch). Delta is also an option but UA is much more reliant on TPAC than them.

QXorVX

Sat Jan 22, 2022 11:18 pm

32andBelow wrote:
TWA772LR wrote:
Cardude2 wrote:
Here’s some more details in an interview https://youtu.be/qCCoM0YjVbU

Looks like they will be operating out of the ‘north terminal’ at ANC which there currently renovating. Also Icelandair sent their president of sales marketing to the event.

Interesting that an FI big wig was there for that. Are they looking at flying to the new terminal or perhaps an investment and/or codeshare in the new airline?

They’re defiantly looking to use the north terminal. They already started working on it. Part of the reason people have doubts or concerns is that they are using taxpayer money to remodel that terminal for them

Renovating the North Terminal was always one of the options for growth in ANC. I’m guessing this has driven the decision one direction vs the demolition and adding a spur to the north end of C. I think overall not the best long term option, but might just be my viewpoint. The lobby side is already in decent shape, unless there is major structural work to be done I imagine it can get a pretty quick and cheap face lift. As long as they can add some amenities I’m sure they can draw the current (successful) international carriers to leave the planes there for departure rather than towing to the South Terminal. At least this will have some value after NP either never starts or runs out of money.

QXorVX

Sat Jan 22, 2022 11:22 pm

TWA772LR wrote:
32andBelow wrote:
Cardude2 wrote:

they're not bad routes but Alaska currently flies them and I think there ultimate goal is to get a codeshare

Joined one world.

Throwing this out there, UA needs to reduce it's reliance on Asia for a while, so having this new outfit be a partner to funnel some traffic will help reduce that reliance. On the Asian end, the Korean and Japanese LCCs (Skymark may work, unaligned carrier that doesn't have a 28 inch pitch). Delta is also an option but UA is much more reliant on TPAC than them.

Is there any precedent of a brand new airline with an unproven model (and safety record) partnering with a major airline?

Flying non-ETOPS B757s to Asia is legal but questionable. I don’t think I would want pax with my ticket numbers on those planes until they have some experience and operational success. The value add for any airline to join NP right now is slim to nothing. Best to back and watch.

32andBelow

Sun Jan 23, 2022 12:33 am

QXorVX wrote:
TWA772LR wrote:
32andBelow wrote:
Joined one world.

this guy thinks he’s just gonna like assume all the ravn partnerships (which are worse than they used to be) on to NP

Is there any precedent of a brand new airline with an unproven model (and safety record) partnering with a major airline?

Flying non-ETOPS B757s to Asia is legal but questionable. I don’t think I would want pax with my ticket numbers on those planes until they have some experience and operational success. The value add for any airline to join NP right now is slim to nothing. Best to back and watch.

TWA772LR

Sun Jan 23, 2022 12:40 am

QXorVX wrote:
TWA772LR wrote:
32andBelow wrote:
Joined one world.

It wouldn't happen in the medium term but if TPAC is down for a while it could happen in the medium term. UA can send the lowest yielding pax on them while filling their planes with higher yield pax and more cargo.

bfitzflyer

Sun Jan 23, 2022 1:20 am

Delta and Korean would actually be a decent fit. Alaska airlines would go crazy. Not going to happen but would be fun.

32andBelow

Sun Jan 23, 2022 2:17 am

TWA772LR wrote:
QXorVX wrote:
TWA772LR wrote:

It wouldn't happen in the medium term but if TPAC is down for a while it could happen in the medium term. UA can send the lowest yielding pax on them while filling their planes with higher yield pax and more cargo.

United barely even flies to anchorage in the winter

TWA772LR

Sun Jan 23, 2022 2:46 am

32andBelow wrote:
TWA772LR wrote:
QXorVX wrote:

United barely even flies to anchorage in the winter

So there's room to grow :)

Cardude2

Sun Jan 23, 2022 6:26 am

Funny I was just thinking of this issue on what would they do fore codeshares. I should mention that lcelandair did not get their first codeshare until 1993 after they started 757 ops in 1988. https://www.icelandair.com/en-ca/about/ ... -airlines/

That being said on the Asian side I don’t any carrier wants their international traffic going to them instead of themselves. So I’ve come up with some carries that might have an interest:

For Japan:
Spring airlines Japan
Fuji dream airlines

For South Korea/substantial international:
t’way
Juju air

That I think is all since the rest are either too small, based at haneda, or owned by a big carrier that would say no.

c933103

Sun Jan 23, 2022 7:00 am

QXorVX wrote:

I think travel agencies in Japan have chartered Uzbekistan Airways' 757 to fly from Japan to Alaska quite a number of times before, and I don't think those have ETOPS certification? (I am not certain about it)

c933103

Sun Jan 23, 2022 7:26 am

TWA772LR wrote:
Cardude2 wrote:

Looks like they will be operating out of the ‘north terminal’ at ANC which there currently renovating. Also Icelandair sent their president of sales marketing to the event.

Interesting that an FI big wig was there for that. Are they looking at flying to the new terminal or perhaps an investment and/or codeshare in the new airline?

32andBelow wrote:
Cardude2 wrote:
32andBelow wrote:
The North American ones. It would be weird to skip places like Seattle and Portland when they already have high O and D to Alaska

Joined one world.

Asian LCCs aren't going to have the plane to fly to ANC in short to mid term.

32andBelow

Sun Jan 23, 2022 7:58 am

c933103 wrote:
TWA772LR wrote:
Cardude2 wrote:

32andBelow wrote:
Cardude2 wrote:

Joined one world.

I mean so they can connect in Tokyo or Seoul

c933103

Sun Jan 23, 2022 9:15 am

32andBelow wrote:
I mean so they can connect in Tokyo or Seoul

That would become a double connection, like KHH-NRT-ANC-SEA, which isn't exactly something attractive when for example KHH-ICN-SEA in normal time isn't expensive either. And in both Taiwan, Japan and Korea there are new longhaul lower-cost airlines joining the battle following the recovery from current situation (Starlux, ZIP Air, Air Premia), that will certainly further lower the price of such 1-stop connecting flights, reducing passengers incentive to pick flights with more connections.
Not to mention, most of the LCCs in Northeast Asia don't even offer connections with other flights within their own airlines in order to lower the cost and passengers need to check in different segments of their flights individually if they booked such tickets. Some LCC are changing with like Peach doing codeshare and transfer with their parental airlines but this is still not how most LCCs in the region would do things.

Cardude2

Mon Jan 24, 2022 4:59 am

c933103 wrote:
TWA772LR wrote:
Cardude2 wrote:

32andBelow wrote:
Cardude2 wrote:

Joined one world.

Actually icelandair use to fly kef to anc pre pandemic because European tourists https://www.icelandair.com/en-gb/blog/i ... to-alaska/

Cardude2

Mon Jan 24, 2022 5:08 am

So the YouTube or we’ve been talking about has posted another video (2nd part to the first) going off on why Northern Pacific isn’t a scam. https://youtu.be/wGH1hxlc8fc

32andBelow

Mon Jan 24, 2022 7:00 am

Cardude2 wrote:
So the YouTube or we’ve been talking about has posted another video (2nd part to the first) going off on why Northern Pacific isn’t a scam. https://youtu.be/wGH1hxlc8fc

None of these articles ever talk about the boat anchor that is restarting ravn Alaska. 121 ops in Alaska isn’t some side project

flyoregon

Mon Jan 24, 2022 7:13 am

Cardude2 wrote:

I don’t think it’s a scam, I think it’s a stupid idea.

jikei

Fri Feb 11, 2022 1:21 am

https://www.ch-aviation.com/portal/news ... over-model

It has secured two B757-200s that were previously in American Airlines’ fleet, its chief executive Rob McKinney told Airline Weekly, and is in talks to acquire six ex-United Airlines B757s and three formerly operated by Icelandair. Bloomberg News claimed that the airline was “using an Icelandair subsidiary, Loftleidir Icelandic, to operate three 757s for its initial Asia service.”

However, Árni Hermannsson, CEO of charter carrier Loftleidir, told the Icelandic financial newspaper Viðskiptablaðið that although the two companies had been in talks there had been no agreements nor a declaration of intent.

More in article... says they plan to start operations Q3 or Q4 2022. depending on DOT approvals.. and they need 11 frames due to age, spares, etc.

:white:

EA CO AS

Fri Feb 11, 2022 4:48 am

Cardude2 wrote:
that would require buying ravn and having a domestic network in Alaska, which they don't want.

Have you looked at the AS intra-AK mainline network? They serve places with mainline equipment where the population is so low that if they were in the L48, other airlines wouldn’t even consider putting CPA turboprops in! Of course AS doesn’t want to fly AS/QX equipment to truly tiny places like EEK, UNK, and so on, but they don’t need to, and if 7H is gone other small lift providers will step into the void to serve those markets connecting to/from AS in places like OME, BET, OTZ, YAK, and of course FAI or ANC.

Sorry, but I’m having a really hard time seeing the business case to justify Northern Pacific, but who knows? Maybe they’ll surprise everyone.

I sincerely doubt it, but you never know…

Cardude2

Fri Feb 11, 2022 5:46 pm

jikei wrote:
https://www.ch-aviation.com/portal/news/112503-uss-northern-pacific-adds-b757s-touts-stopover-model

It has secured two B757-200s that were previously in American Airlines’ fleet, its chief executive Rob McKinney told Airline Weekly, and is in talks to acquire six ex-United Airlines B757s and three formerly operated by Icelandair. Bloomberg News claimed that the airline was “using an Icelandair subsidiary, Loftleidir Icelandic, to operate three 757s for its initial Asia service.”

However, Árni Hermannsson, CEO of charter carrier Loftleidir, told the Icelandic financial newspaper Viðskiptablaðið that although the two companies had been in talks there had been no agreements nor a declaration of intent.

More in article... says they plan to start operations Q3 or Q4 2022. depending on DOT approvals.. and they need 11 frames due to age, spares, etc.

huh, originally said they were getting 8 from Aersale (probably all ex-AA). Guess that deal fell through. The Icelandair one makes sense since they're about to retire those 3 for 3 remaining maxes. Does anyone know what UA 752's they're talking about? My only guess is its the 13 recently retired 752 PW's in which that's a problem because now they will have a dual engine fleet (2 PW's (752's ex UA and the Q200/300's) and 1 RR (752 ex AA/Icelandair) facepalm. WHY dont they just buy the entire UA fleet and save on the non commonality fee!

Cardude2

Fri Feb 11, 2022 5:59 pm

also this

"Despite travel restrictions still in place across northern Asia, Northern Pacific Airways aims to initially connect Tokyo Narita, Nagoya Chubu, Osaka Kansai, and Seoul Incheon with leisure traffic via Anchorage to New York Newark, Los Angeles Int'l, Las Vegas Harry Reid, Orlando Int'l, and San Francisco, CA, McKinney told Airline Weekly."

Wneast

Fri Feb 11, 2022 6:01 pm

Cardude2 wrote:
also this

"Despite travel restrictions still in place across northern Asia, Northern Pacific Airways aims to initially connect Tokyo Narita, Nagoya Chubu, Osaka Kansai, and Seoul Incheon with leisure traffic via Anchorage to New York Newark, Los Angeles Int'l, Las Vegas Harry Reid, Orlando Int'l, and San Francisco, CA, McKinney told Airline Weekly."

I thought they said ONT though so are they going to use LAX

BangersAndMash

Fri Feb 11, 2022 6:15 pm

jikei wrote:
https://www.ch-aviation.com/portal/news/112503-uss-northern-pacific-adds-b757s-touts-stopover-model

So just in time for winter, when pax numbers fall off a cliff. Genious!!! :hissyfit:

Cardude2

Fri Feb 11, 2022 7:13 pm

Wneast wrote:
Cardude2 wrote:
also this

I thought they said ONT though so are they going to use LAX

looks like it

UA444

Fri Feb 11, 2022 7:32 pm

EA CO AS wrote:
Cardude2 wrote:
that would require buying ravn and having a domestic network in Alaska, which they don't want.

Have you looked at the AS intra-AK mainline network? They serve places with mainline equipment where the population is so low that if they were in the L48, other airlines wouldn’t even consider putting CPA turboprops in! Of course AS doesn’t want to fly AS/QX equipment to truly tiny places like EEK, UNK, and so on, but they don’t need to, and if 7H is gone other small lift providers will step into the void to serve those markets connecting to/from AS in places like OME, BET, OTZ, YAK, and of course FAI or ANC.

Sorry, but I’m having a really hard time seeing the business case to justify Northern Pacific, but who knows? Maybe they’ll surprise everyone.

Several of the 757s UA retired are ETOPS and late 1990s birds. Still have lots of life.

EA CO AS

Fri Feb 11, 2022 8:37 pm

UA444 wrote:
EA CO AS wrote:
Cardude2 wrote:

Several of the 757s UA retired are ETOPS and late 1990s birds. Still have lots of life.

Erm....kay...can you tell me what that has to do with 7H, their intra-AK bush community network, etc?

32andBelow

Fri Feb 11, 2022 8:57 pm

BangersAndMash wrote:
jikei wrote:

So just in time for winter, when pax numbers fall off a cliff. Genious!!! :hissyfit:

I highly doubt they’ll get their 757 cert and etops and everything else by then. For an airline their side you can add a year to any certification of this magnitude. Summer 23 is probably more likely.

Unless they start as a virtual airline. And we’ve seen how that’s gone for everyone whose tried it recently.

Also I’ve heard RAVN is losing pilots very quickly. So I don’t know how they are going to juggle hiring for both in this environment.

Also Alaska is 100% not going to play ball with them so idk why he’s avoiding Seattle and Portland.

flyoregon

Sat Feb 12, 2022 12:00 am

32andBelow wrote:
BangersAndMash wrote:
jikei wrote:

I highly doubt they’ll get their 757 cert and etops and everything else by then. For an airline their side you can add a year to any certification of this magnitude. Summer 23 is probably more likely.

Unless they start as a virtual airline. And we’ve seen how that’s gone for everyone whose tried it recently.

Also I’ve heard RAVN is losing pilots very quickly. So I don’t know how they are going to juggle hiring for both in this environment.

Also Alaska is 100% not going to play ball with them so idk why he’s avoiding Seattle and Portland.

Because he’s living in a cartoon world using the Field of Dreams mantra as motivation. Just because you slap a modern paint scheme on an old tired 757 doesn’t mean you’re playing the game wisely. It means you spent some money in preparation to spend even more money as planes break, flights are cancelled, and customers are pissed off. It sounds nice to say “we’re looking at ________ airplane for future growth” and “we’ve identified X amount of markets we could serve,” but until you actually do it, it’s all just a fairy tale.

32andBelow

Sat Feb 12, 2022 12:18 am

flyoregon wrote:
32andBelow wrote:
BangersAndMash wrote:

Because he’s living in a cartoon world using the Field of Dreams mantra as motivation. Just because you slap a modern paint scheme on an old tired 757 doesn’t mean you’re playing the game wisely. It means you spent some money in preparation to spend even more money as planes break, flights are cancelled, and customers are pissed off. It sounds nice to say “we’re looking at ________ airplane for future growth” and “we’ve identified X amount of markets we could serve,” but until you actually do it, it’s all just a fairy tale.

But at least he’s building an iMax theatre in the north terminal

flyoregon

Sat Feb 12, 2022 12:52 am

32andBelow wrote:
flyoregon wrote:
32andBelow wrote:

Oh, right, I take it all back then….

crosscheckyyz

Sat Feb 12, 2022 3:54 am

c933103 wrote:

Didnt Tway receive their 330(s), and Zip Air has been flying 787-8?

c933103

Sat Feb 12, 2022 4:28 am

crosscheckyyz wrote:
c933103 wrote:

Didnt Tway receive their 330(s), and Zip Air has been flying 787-8?

Zip Air is going to fly to the West Coast directly, why would they feed another airlines mid-way instead?
T'way is also looking for aircraft to serve Los Angeles and New York directly.

c933103

Sat Feb 12, 2022 4:30 am

BangersAndMash wrote:
jikei wrote:

Alaska is popular among Asian tourist as winter destination, and there are charter plane every years, but problem would be quarantine of those countries for their returning citizens

BangersAndMash

Sat Feb 12, 2022 5:41 pm

32andBelow wrote:
flyoregon wrote:
32andBelow wrote:

That's great! Someone is going to enjoy those facilities ... some day. Just not NP passengers. Not for long anyway. :shakehead:

You're probably right about certification, considering how much the FAA is in overdrive mode after the MAX fiasco. They'll be double- and triple-checking everything!

Their roster of fantasy partnerships is one of the things I find the most annoying about them. Yes, AS is unlikely to be kind. Worst case scenario, they pull the plug on the Ravn partnership and start a price war at LAX, SFO, and LAS. And let's just face it, a partnership with a Japanese airline is a pipe dream. Every single carrier there, whatever the business model, is aligned to either JAL or ANA, neither of which has any interest sending their pax to a competitor, and they both have plenty of friends in North America to provide all the feed they could ever want onto their own metal. A South Korean partner is more of a possibility given the presence of independent LCCs, but a few of these have long haul ambitions of their own.

32andBelow

Sat Feb 12, 2022 6:24 pm

c933103 wrote:
BangersAndMash wrote:
jikei wrote:

Alaska is popular among Asian tourist as winter destination, and there are charter plane every years, but problem would be quarantine of those countries for their returning citizens

I don’t think there’s been a JAL charter since a year or more before Covid. Plus those charters were like 5 times a year. Not daily or 4x a week or whatever NP is doing

c933103

Sun Feb 13, 2022 12:31 am

32andBelow wrote:
c933103 wrote:
BangersAndMash wrote:

I don’t think there’s been a JAL charter since a year or more before Covid. Plus those charters were like 5 times a year. Not daily or 4x a week or whatever NP is doing

https://toyokeizai.net/articles/-/395325?page=2
Media report claim those Alaskan resorts were all taken up by Chinese instead of Japanese amid the non operation of JAL charter.
(Also, quick search indicates JAL did Alaskan charter in September in year 2019, instead of traditional winter season. But, direct charter tour package are still available on Japanese tour site, likely operated by other carriers)
(If I recalled correctly, few years ago these charter were more than weekly frequency from various Japanese airports to Alaska?)

Aliqiout

Sun Feb 13, 2022 1:45 am

32andBelow wrote:
c933103 wrote:
BangersAndMash wrote:

The FAI flights operated at least 15 RT a season at one point.

32andBelow

Sun Feb 13, 2022 2:16 am

c933103 wrote:
32andBelow wrote:
c933103 wrote:

Media report claim those Alaskan resorts were all taken up by Chinese instead of Japanese amid the non operation of JAL charter.
(Also, quick search indicates JAL did Alaskan charter in September in year 2019, instead of traditional winter season. But, direct charter tour package are still available on Japanese tour site, likely operated by other carriers)
(If I recalled correctly, few years ago these charter were more than weekly frequency from various Japanese airports to Alaska?)

There was some weird deplomacy between former governor walker and the China. Then China said they were going to start a flight from harbin city. That year a bunch of Chinese started coming. But I don’t know it that will return

c933103

Sun Feb 13, 2022 9:36 am

32andBelow wrote:
c933103 wrote:
32andBelow wrote:

There was some weird deplomacy between former governor walker and the China. Then China said they were going to start a flight from harbin city. That year a bunch of Chinese started coming. But I don’t know it that will return

Tons of Asian fly to places like Finnland and Iceland for Aurora and glacier, despite Alska being physically closer, the flying time is longer due to out of way connection. And price tag is also no less expensive, even on direct charter.
But when it come down to specific mid-sized cities in China, especially those smaller cities in the Northeast China/Manchuria area, their economy and their population are both not growing like coastal Chinese cities, and are somewhat similar to American rust belt cities situation.

Also another thing people may not remember is that, before the pandemic, the air service right between China and the US on tier 1 city was basically fullly utilized already, and while US carriers largely ignored secondary cities, the quota available in total for tier 2 destinations are only 28 flights per week in total per country.

SaintBroseph

Sun Feb 13, 2022 1:55 pm

https://simpleflying.com/airline-brand-livery-design/

I know you all laugh at Simple Flying, but I'm curious to hear your thoughts on this article. Personally, I am not too fond of NP's livery...

BangersAndMash

Sun Feb 13, 2022 5:40 pm

c933103 wrote:
32andBelow wrote:
c933103 wrote:

Tons of Asian fly to places like Finnland and Iceland for Aurora and glacier, despite Alska being physically closer, the flying time is longer due to out of way connection. And price tag is also no less expensive, even on direct charter.
But when it come down to specific mid-sized cities in China, especially those smaller cities in the Northeast China/Manchuria area, their economy and their population are both not growing like coastal Chinese cities, and are somewhat similar to American rust belt cities situation.

Also another thing people may not remember is that, before the pandemic, the air service right between China and the US on tier 1 city was basically fullly utilized already, and while US carriers largely ignored secondary cities, the quota available in total for tier 2 destinations are only 28 flights per week in total per country.

"before the pandemic" being the operative word. The market isn't what it used to be. It's now a fraction of what it was then, and given that China is doubling down on its 0 Covid policy and China-US relations are not exactly friendly right now, it's anybody's guess when it's going to pick up. Heck, DL has just pushed resumption/start of a whole load of routes (LAX-HND, PDX-HND/ICN, MSP-HND/ICN) to the end of summer, with plenty more seeing steep frequency cuts. They won't even serve JV-partner hub ICN daily from their main Asian gateway SEA! And no guaranty these dates will hold either.

roadrunner165

Wed Feb 16, 2022 8:10 am

You can read the article on the Anchorage Daily News site but Ravn Alaska intends to create a cryptocurrency for its mileage rewards program. Not that I had much respect for this outfit and their business model in the first place, but this continues to get more bizarre as time goes on. I wonder if Northern Pacific will offer a similar rewards program. :white:

KLMatSJC

Wed Feb 16, 2022 12:49 pm

roadrunner165 wrote:
I wonder if Northern Pacific will offer a similar rewards program.

Yup. They have the same program.

BangersAndMash

Wed Feb 16, 2022 2:36 pm

roadrunner165 wrote:
You can read the article on the Anchorage Daily News site but Ravn Alaska intends to create a cryptocurrency for its mileage rewards program. Not that I had much respect for this outfit and their business model in the first place, but this continues to get more bizarre as time goes on. I wonder if Northern Pacific will offer a similar rewards program. :white:

With my most heartfelt thanks to the good people at Ravn and NP! At least they're keeping us entertained ;)

And you realise that if against all odds this succeeds, we're gonna look really, really, really dumb :lol:

EA CO AS

Wed Feb 16, 2022 5:13 pm

BangersAndMash wrote:
And you realise that if against all odds this succeeds, we're gonna look really, really, really dumb :lol:

No, just shocked. Every informed, educated opinion from the most informed minds I know in aviation says this is a disaster waiting to happen, but every so often, you get shocked.

So, we'll see!

BangersAndMash

Wed Feb 16, 2022 8:07 pm

EA CO AS wrote:
BangersAndMash wrote:

No, just shocked. Every informed, educated opinion from the most informed minds I know in aviation says this is a disaster waiting to happen, but every so often, you get shocked.

So, we'll see!

We will. Well let's see if they get off the ground first! One step at a time, eh.

c933103

Sat Feb 26, 2022 4:34 am

Airlines overfly over Russia is still allowed for now, but if situation continue to worsen, then Anchorage could revert back to its role being Northeast Asia to Europe connection point.

UPlog

Sat Feb 26, 2022 6:01 am

c933103 wrote:
Airlines overfly over Russia is still allowed for now, but if situation continue to worsen, then Anchorage could revert back to its role being Northeast Asia to Europe connection point.

It was not a connection point. It was a refueling stop.

TWA902fly

Sat Feb 26, 2022 10:20 am

UPlog wrote:
c933103 wrote:

It was not a connection point. It was a refueling stop.

And NP wouldn't benefit from that at all, since the 757 would be limited to ANC-Scandinavia at best.

'902

32andBelow

Tue Apr 05, 2022 7:04 pm

anyone heard anything recently? They pretty much stopped posting anything if substance on their page. I heard that loss of Russian airspace may be a big problem for them

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos