Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

VanBosch

Re: Irish 7/21: I remember that Summer in Dublin

Tue Jul 20, 2021 1:00 pm

ClassicLover wrote:
EIBPI wrote:
DUB-KIR 06:45-07:40 FR6677 D (at 11:00 on Saturday and Sunday)
KIR-DUB 08:05-09:00 FR6678 D (at 12:20 on Saturday and Sunday)

DUB-KIR 18:00-18:55 FR6691 D (at 19:00 on Saturday and Sunday)
KIR-DUB 19:20-20:15 FR6692 D (at 20:20 on Saturday and Sunday)[/u]

Heading from Dublin to Kerry gets you there in good time for a business day, with an 07:40 arrival. Presumably anyone then has to drive where they need to go, so they should be in an office or something by 9am or 9:30am. The return getting into Dublin at 9am means you'll be in town by 10am which also allows for a full day of work. The 9am arrival also allows connections to many transatlantic flights.

Ditto with the 6pm departure from Dublin, it makes for a reasonable business day in Dublin before heading to the airport. I think the double daily schedule is very good actually.

I'm glad it's a middle of the day flight throughout August... mainly because I have decided to give it a whirl. I'm getting the 7am train from Heuston, gets me into Farranfore at 10:41, then I'm taking Ryanair back to Dublin at 13:25, landing at 14:20. All for the bumper price of €44.98 all in and not a PCR test in sight! :)

Would you not fly down and back? I contacted Kerry airport who said a 25 min turnaround is okay.

EIDL

Tue Jul 20, 2021 3:16 pm

I wonder if there'll be any further EI capacity added on MAN at any stage soon - looking there now and for days I want to go they have 2 (out day) and 1 (in day) flight; when FR have four each.

None of the 6/5 flights are particularly dear so it is possible that FR are dumping to try prevent EI regaining the foothold they had with Stobart of course!

Fliplot

Tue Jul 20, 2021 3:29 pm

Why do FR need to dump? They have currently very competitive fares all over their network. What I dont get is that FR have four daily and EI are struggling with two daily?

ClassicLover

Tue Jul 20, 2021 3:32 pm

VanBosch wrote:
ClassicLover wrote:
I'm glad it's a middle of the day flight throughout August... mainly because I have decided to give it a whirl. I'm getting the 7am train from Heuston, gets me into Farranfore at 10:41, then I'm taking Ryanair back to Dublin at 13:25, landing at 14:20. All for the bumper price of €44.98 all in and not a PCR test in sight! :)

Would you not fly down and back? I contacted Kerry airport who said a 25 min turnaround is okay.

Oh sure, I would be happy to fly down and back, but I also wanted to experience the train to airport connection personally to say I've done it. Makes for a longer day, but I also don't mind train travel. I've not been on that train line between Mallow and Tralee, so I'm sure it'll be interesting enough.

Galwayman

Tue Jul 20, 2021 6:59 pm

EIDL wrote:
I wonder if there'll be any further EI capacity added on MAN at any stage soon - looking there now and for days I want to go they have 2 (out day) and 1 (in day) flight; when FR have four each.

None of the 6/5 flights are particularly dear so it is possible that FR are dumping to try prevent EI regaining the foothold they had with Stobart of course!

Or more likely, FR have an excellent cost base and can charge lower fares than bloated and inefficient EI.

JAmie2k9

Tue Jul 20, 2021 7:38 pm

EIDL wrote:

Not over the next while, late September/October before a more normal schedule will return. Not related to FR, combination of Stobart, fleet availability and generally reduced demand.

EIDL

Tue Jul 20, 2021 8:21 pm

Galwayman wrote:
EIDL wrote:

Or more likely, FR have an excellent cost base and can charge lower fares than bloated and inefficient EI.

"more likely" if you haven't any idea how yield management works.

FR are not making money on 17.99 fares.

Neither airline is charging more than their base entry fare for most of the flights, meaning there are bugger all seats booked on them so far.

Fliplot

Tue Jul 20, 2021 8:47 pm

If you have cancelled a number of services surely you have airceaft availability? Either EI is struggling or they are being ultra cautious!

shamrock350

Tue Jul 20, 2021 9:39 pm

Has it not been discussed here before that Aer Lingus has effectively moved what assets it has readily available to markets more likely to be profitable in the immediate term ie. Spain, Portugal, the Canaries and other sun destinations?

Manchester is lovely but I think most people are looking for somewhere a little further afield so that’s where the majority of those A320s (and the odd A330) are headed.

AmricanShamrok

Tue Jul 20, 2021 10:18 pm

JAmie2k9 wrote:
The new SNN route is FR to LPA. Certainly not really a new route but it may have not operated regularly in a while.

It last operated as a winter seasonal route by FR - they launched it in 2009/10. It was once-weekly and lasted three seasons before being discontinued in March 2012.

OA260

Wed Jul 21, 2021 9:19 am

Great to see this route finally commencing .

Dublin Airport much awaited flight finally starts over year after original route date

The Eastern Airway's Dublin to Southampton route will operate four times a week with plans of increasing the frequency over time.

www.dublinlive.ie/lifestyle/travel/dubl ... 103758.amp

JAmie2k9

Wed Jul 21, 2021 1:44 pm

AmricanShamrok wrote:
JAmie2k9 wrote:
The new SNN route is FR to LPA. Certainly not really a new route but it may have not operated regularly in a while.

It last operated as a winter seasonal route by FR - they launched it in 2009/10. It was once-weekly and lasted three seasons before being discontinued in March 2012.

Thanks for that. Didn't think the gap was that long.

Galwayman

Wed Jul 21, 2021 4:29 pm

EIDL wrote:
Galwayman wrote:
EIDL wrote:

"more likely" if you haven't any idea how yield management works.

FR are not making money on 17.99 fares.

Neither airline is charging more than their base entry fare for most of the flights, meaning there are bugger all seats booked on them so far.

Yes Sir I am an expert in yield management !!!!!! - well spotted

I very much remember the £250 minimum airfares for standby/ student travel flights from london to Dublin - you had to physically go into Regent Street and beg come meonopausal sales assistant ( either male or female , both caked in make up like a drag queen ) and I remember how they would look down their nose and refer to 'boat people

I remember the late night flights from Amsterdam and Brussels with just 10 passangers on board and non existant cabin crew or service

Because of course EI always was paid for by the tax payer ( who was on the boat )

The recent removal of the SNN crew is a light in the right direction however .... FR is, was and always will be Irelands greatest airline. EI is a 100% better airline than it was but it's still not good enough ........

BrianDromey

Wed Jul 21, 2021 5:54 pm

Galwayman wrote:
I very much remember the £250 minimum airfares for standby/ student travel flights from london to Dublin - you had to physically go into Regent Street and beg come meonopausal sales assistant ( either male or female , both caked in make up like a drag queen ) and I remember how they would look down their nose and refer to 'boat people

I remember the late night flights from Amsterdam and Brussels with just 10 passangers on board and non existant cabin crew or service

Because of course EI always was paid for by the tax payer ( who was on the boat )

The recent removal of the SNN crew is a light in the right direction however .... FR is, was and always will be Irelands greatest airline. EI is a 100% better airline than it was but it's still not good enough ........

I’m not sure if this is some attempt at Pam Ann style humour that hasn’t landed quite as intended. But I would suggest that if you treat someone as “a menopausal sales assistant, caked up like a drag queen” that they might not be inclined to offer you the best version of themselves?

Individuals have worked over many years at SNN, at Aer Lingus who have lost their jobs, lost their T&C’s and so on are not the villains here. EI were offering those contracts and people took them up on them, in fairness EI employees have had multiple rounds of cuts over the last two decades which has enabled EI to compete. At the time travel was the preserve of the elite, the volume of people, mass production of aircraft, cheap financing, relatively cheap fuel, increased individual wealth and diminished T&Cs all contributed to this. We might have already reached the peak.
EI are being cautious in their network rebuild because flying aircraft around with a dozen people is bad for profits, bad for the environment and achieves nothing. The IAG masters in Madrid want to stop the haemorrhage of cash as a priority. Their major prolific generator, the BA transatlantic network is in tatters, the DUB hub isn’t in any better shape, LGW is all but closed and IAG are going to have to burn billions protecting their LHR slot portfolio when the slot waiver expires. As other posters have said, no one makes money at €14.99 a seat.

OA260

Wed Jul 21, 2021 6:01 pm

Panicked passengers spend endless hours listening to an automated message while the Minister responsible soaks up the sun

In any job, if you were responsible for the launch of a major, month-long project which affects millions of people, you’d be expected to be there on the day of the launch.

www.independent.ie/news/panicked-passen ... 77689.html

Nice work if you can get it !

Galwayman

Wed Jul 21, 2021 6:46 pm

BrianDromey wrote:
Galwayman wrote:

I’m not sure if this is some attempt at Pam Ann style humour that hasn’t landed quite as intended. But I would suggest that if you treat someone as “a menopausal sales assistant, caked up like a drag queen” that they might not be inclined to offer you the best version of themselves?

Individuals have worked over many years at SNN, at Aer Lingus who have lost their jobs, lost their T&C’s and so on are not the villains here. EI were offering those contracts and people took them up on them, in fairness EI employees have had multiple rounds of cuts over the last two decades which has enabled EI to compete. At the time travel was the preserve of the elite, the volume of people, mass production of aircraft, cheap financing, relatively cheap fuel, increased individual wealth and diminished T&Cs all contributed to this. We might have already reached the peak.
EI are being cautious in their network rebuild because flying aircraft around with a dozen people is bad for profits, bad for the environment and achieves nothing. The IAG masters in Madrid want to stop the haemorrhage of cash as a priority. Their major prolific generator, the BA transatlantic network is in tatters, the DUB hub isn’t in any better shape, LGW is all but closed and IAG are going to have to burn billions protecting their LHR slot portfolio when the slot waiver expires. As other posters have said, no one makes money at €14.99 a seat.

Excuses, excuses , excuses ,,,decades of excuses ....

IrishLessor

Wed Jul 21, 2021 11:37 pm

Galwayman,
Respectfully you haven't got a clue, 'still isn't good enough'?
It may have escaped you but government's haven't been good at running many types of commercial enterprises, Aer Lingus included. However, it was transformed profitably and sustainably and bucked the trend of government run airlines who lost millions. Alitalia, Sabena etc.
I think what your message is saying is you are disappointed that Aer Lingus isn't the leader on price and scale. It's not Ryanair and can not get into that arena simply because it doesn't have the cost advantage or scale that Ryanair has. Simple. It is however, outside of covid times managed to survive head to head with Ryanair on almost every route. It has lead the pack in profit return % within the IAG group. It is still standing.
It has legacy issues that it cannot just walk away from. I'm not sure what industry you work in but if somebody starting running the business and wanted to cut your salary to the levels of the lowest paying competitor, you mightn't feel good about it.
In addition this media headline of I remember when fares were £250 from London is mostly nonsense. There were Apex fares and these days booking late can attract fares higher than that. So it's a bit of a red herring. Unless you have the lowest costs or stacks of money in the back that want to through away you do not go to war with a competitor like Ryanair.
Thanks to EU deregulation in 1992 airlines like Ryanair who had a clean sheet on costs built something of scale and best of luck to them. But I for one will always recognise the success story that Aer Lingus is and I'll look forward to it returning to its former glory. Enjoy flying Ryanair.

Eirules

Thu Jul 22, 2021 8:16 am

For anyone interested, EI are sending A321NEOs down to ACE on selected days next month. €90 extra for the flat beds

Clydenairways

Thu Jul 22, 2021 9:07 am

OA260 wrote:
Great to see this route finally commencing .

Dublin Airport much awaited flight finally starts over year after original route date

The Eastern Airway's Dublin to Southampton route will operate four times a week with plans of increasing the frequency over time.

http://www.dublinlive.ie/lifestyle/trav ... 103758.amp

I wonder if Eastern and Loganair will end up having agreements to feed EI out of DUB?

OA260

Thu Jul 22, 2021 9:30 am

Eirules wrote:
For anyone interested, EI are sending A321NEOs down to ACE on selected days next month. €90 extra for the flat beds

Yes I already booked a few cant wait . Have had a few excellent flights on the NEO and A330 to LHR recently. Great crews and nice to get the proper business seats even for a short hop. Loads have been light under 65 pax each flight but still great to be flying again. Had some great conversations with the crew too. Bia complimentary service is back too for Aerspace which is great. Still no date on the lounges though. Both DUB and LHR closed. Mind you Aer Lingus are not alone and even the LH lounge at T2 is still closed.

On another note I have not been asked for my locator form or to show my DCC at immigration at DUB. I guess they are maybe doing random checks instead.

shamrock350

Thu Jul 22, 2021 1:42 pm

Aer Lingus & JetBlue are looking to expand their codeshare partnership.

Aer Lingus has applied for permission to allow the B6 code on its EI operated transatlantic flights. The current codeshare is a one way affair, the EI code is applied to a number of B6 operated flights across North America but this new deal would expand that use to cover going the other way with the B6 code appearing on EI metal to Europe.

https://downloads.regulations.gov/DOT-O ... ment_1.pdf

Interesting timing with JetBlue gearing up for its own transatlantic ops, the IAG chief stated earlier this year that they intended to expand their relationship with JetBlue citing the already strong links with Aer Lingus.

Note: This doesn’t include the forthcoming Aer Lingus UK (EG) operated flights. That would require an additional application.

onwFan

Thu Jul 22, 2021 1:55 pm

shamrock350 wrote:

Aer Lingus has applied for permission to allow the B6 code on its EI operated transatlantic flights. The current codeshare is a one way affair, the EI code is applied to a number of B6 operated flights across North America but this new deal would expand that use to cover going the other way with the B6 code appearing on EI metal to Europe.

Interesting timing with JetBlue gearing up for its own transatlantic ops, the IAG chief stated earlier this year that they intended to expand their relationship with JetBlue citing the already strong links with Aer Lingus.

Note: This doesn’t include the forthcoming Aer Lingus UK (EG) operated flights. That would require an additional application.

And still not even the slightest signs of a codeshare or a FF partnership with their JV partner AA. Hmmm...

LAXffDUB

Thu Jul 22, 2021 6:21 pm

onwFan wrote:
shamrock350 wrote:

And still not even the slightest signs of a codeshare or a FF partnership with their JV partner AA. Hmmm...

Very odd, indeed...

OA260

Fri Jul 23, 2021 7:32 am

Irish aircraft leasing company AerCap is set to secure unconditional EU competition approval for its $30 billion bid for General Electric's aircraft leasing business, three people familiar with the matter said.

http://www.rte.ie/news/business/2021/07 ... p-ge-deal/

Ryanair is the busiest European airline with over 2,000 flights in the past week
The airline’s current dominance reflects the slower recovery of long-haul operators

https://m.independent.ie/business/irish ... 81427.html

Senior official apologises for incorrect name for Ireland on Covid travel cert

Senator says Irish language on cert translates to holder having Covid-19

http://www.irishtimes.com/news/politics ... 1?mode=amp

You do have to wonder who proof reads these things when it comes to issuing important travel documents.

dstc47

Fri Jul 23, 2021 8:12 am

[quote="

You do have to wonder who proof reads these things when it comes to issuing important travel documents.[/quote]

Probably a case of rushing through the processes to meet public demand.
An increasingly small pool of persons with real fluency in the Irish language in the public service now, not only due to decline of the language generally but also due to increased migration in recent years. In the Government system, the Translation Branch used to be expert, if slow, translators of official material from legislation downward.

As for the travel, or dining out cert as it is becoming, very large numbers are still awaiting these to issue, including myself.

JAmie2k9

Fri Jul 23, 2021 8:49 am

Ryanair (op Lauda) have added x3 weekly Zagreb-DUB service from Dec 2nd.

Hopefully Croatia Airlines are able to maintain the seasonal service.

OA260

Fri Jul 23, 2021 9:26 am

dstc47 wrote:
[quote="

You do have to wonder who proof reads these things when it comes to issuing important travel documents.

Probably a case of rushing through the processes to meet public demand.
An increasingly small pool of persons with real fluency in the Irish language in the public service now, not only due to decline of the language generally but also due to increased migration in recent years. In the Government system, the Translation Branch used to be expert, if slow, translators of official material from legislation downward.

As for the travel, or dining out cert as it is becoming, very large numbers are still awaiting these to issue, including myself.[/quote]

[/quote]

Anyone I know who is still waiting for them are ones done at their GP including a husband and wife who had theirs the same day and he got his and the wife is still waiting.

In another issue :

CERT CHAOS Over 17,000 Digital Covid Certificates re-issued over missing síneadh fadas or corrupted spellings

TANAISTE Leo Varadkar has confirmed that over 17,000 Digital Covid Certificates have had to be re-issued in recent days because of a missing síneadh fada or corrupted spellings in names.

http://www.thesun.ie/news/7331847/over- ... re-issued/

There was another case where a guy needing to travel for a medical proceedure in another EU country spent hours trying to get through to the helpline for his cert so he can travel. He contacted his local TD whose only advice was to borrow money to pay for a PCR test !

al2637

Fri Jul 23, 2021 9:35 am

OA260 wrote:

Funny, and shouldn't have happened, but to be fair, the idea is not that these certs will be read. They are to be scanned and the data extracted from the QR code.

CarbHeatIn

Fri Jul 23, 2021 10:41 am

onwFan wrote:
shamrock350 wrote:

You’d have to think AA has been consulted and approved of this when you consider their deepening relationship with JetBlue. https://news.aa.com/news/news-details/2 ... fault.aspx

BrianDromey

Fri Jul 23, 2021 11:45 am

CarbHeatIn wrote:
You’d have to think AA has been consulted and approved of this when you consider their deepening relationship with JetBlue. https://news.aa.com/news/news-details/2 ... fault.aspx

I don't think they would have to approve, even though AA and EI are JV partners. Im not sure how the JV deals with non-partner member codes on flights operated by JV/cartel members. I am sure that AA were aware of it, but their relationship with B6 specifically excludes transatlantic. Its not clear to me that an AA FF would be able to credit a B6*EI flight to AA.

It's an interesting move none the less and does illustrate that AA simply is not the best partner for EI in the US. Their NYC and Chicago presence isn't a patch on UA and their strength into South America and in MIA isn't EI's forte either. Overall one world is very strong over the Atlantic and is probably the right home for EI. When considered in the round, a combined AA/AS/B6 would offer pretty good coverage. There is no denying that oneworld is weak domestically in Canada and within South America given the loss of LATAM.

JAmie2k9

Fri Jul 23, 2021 12:03 pm

Its a minor point EI are not part of JV though have received approval. I don't think much has happened since the approval apart from minor interlining (more visible ex MAN) as things stand.

Personally I have always remained skeptical on EI becoming a full member of JV.

Correct me if I an wrong and its confirmed they have actually joined.

onwFan

Fri Jul 23, 2021 1:43 pm

JAmie2k9 wrote:
Its a minor point EI are not part of JV though have received approval. I don't think much has happened since the approval apart from minor interlining (more visible ex MAN) as things stand.

Personally I have always remained skeptical on EI becoming a full member of JV.

Correct me if I an wrong and its confirmed they have actually joined.

I don’t know for sure, but I think the JV may already be in effect in that they consider it metal neutral and share revenue/profit. For example, KE does not codeshare on DL’s routes to Japan, but those routes are presumably part of the JV. AA lists EI as JV partner in their press releases.

Nonetheless, it doesn't make any sense to say you are in the JV with AA but passengers have to earn/burn miles with UA and AC. And some things like cutting FF relationships with QF and CX also didn’t make much sense. I know the ex-CEO didn’t want to join the JV bit I think there is something more to it; perhaps AA/EI just can’t get along.

Eirules

Fri Jul 23, 2021 1:54 pm

It all seems a bit farcical given I can book a BA ticket DUB-LHR-JFK on EI & AA metal. If it’s a business ticket I get no lounge access in DUB unless I’ve BA status and if the routing went DUB-MAD-JFK again on a BA ticket id get no lounge in DUB either way

BrianDromey

Fri Jul 23, 2021 2:26 pm

Looks like EI are still pruning their schedule for the summer, just had a few cancellation e-mails. ORK-LHR is down to 9-10 weekly until the runway closes in September. They had been planning 4x daily in August & September. Currently scheduled at 4x daily from 22nd November when the runway is planned to reopen.

Fliplot

Fri Jul 23, 2021 2:40 pm

The EI relationship with any of its partners, including group airlines, is difficult and complicated. Nothing seems streamlined or hassle free. It is idiotic how.limited access is to the EI lounge, even when its ooen

BrianDromey

Fri Jul 23, 2021 2:48 pm

Fliplot wrote:
The EI relationship with any of its partners, including group airlines, is difficult and complicated. Nothing seems streamlined or hassle free. It is idiotic how.limited access is to the EI lounge, even when its ooen

Indeed. It really doesn't seem like they have anyone, or team, responsible for network, alliances and partnerships. It's odd, because they can be quite innovative at times. The launch of the MAN routes was a surprise, the Stobart move into BHD was a good one too and although the recovery from that has been a bit rocky, they have made a good choice in keeping the routes open, IMO. Could it be a bit of Ryanair-think? It feel like unless Ryanair do it, or its the cheapest way to do things EI see no reason to.

Im interested to see what the effect of the 737-8200s will be. There is quite a marked capacity difference between the 197 seats on the Gamechanger and 174 on the A320s, especially with the A321ceo gone.

shamrock604

Fri Jul 23, 2021 3:51 pm

Sadly, EI has an unfortunate habit of being quite pompous and disdainful towards staff at other carriers. So, their difficulties in terms of alliances really do not surprise me. I can’t imagine it washing very well with a carrier the size of AA. Having had to deal with it myself over many years at various places, I certainly wouldn’t be rushing to strike many deals with them if I were ever in that position.

To fly with, completely different story and I love travelling with them in general. There just seems to be a certain attitude adopted when it comes to dealing with their peers. Sorry, I realise it may annoy/offend a few here, but it’s not intended as that, and is absolutely not a comment on their crew whatsoever.

OA260

Fri Jul 23, 2021 3:53 pm

BrianDromey wrote:
Looks like EI are still pruning their schedule for the summer, just had a few cancellation e-mails. ORK-LHR is down to 9-10 weekly until the runway closes in September. They had been planning 4x daily in August & September. Currently scheduled at 4x daily from 22nd November when the runway is planned to reopen.

Must just be mostly ORK as thankfully the mass waves of rolling cancelations have ceased ( for the time being )

onwFan

Fri Jul 23, 2021 3:59 pm

Eirules wrote:
It all seems a bit farcical given I can book a BA ticket DUB-LHR-JFK on EI & AA metal. If it’s a business ticket I get no lounge access in DUB unless I’ve BA status and if the routing went DUB-MAD-JFK again on a BA ticket id get no lounge in DUB either way

And now, additionally you can even mix and match AA flights with EI coded UA flights with very cheap interline rates (at many instances for much cheaper fares than the AA flights themselves); and book them on the AA website. I think the AA website treats all EI coded flights as equivalent on any TATL itinerary.

Fliplot

Fri Jul 23, 2021 4:37 pm

Currently EI do nothing unless they are are embarressed into it or there is money in it for them! Then they are usually behind thr eight ball anyway. I would love to see some imagination and sparkle again. Of course it's a commercial operation but surely the guests must be given some consideration?

Fliplot

Fri Jul 23, 2021 5:23 pm

Got my Covid Cert this afternoon. Uploaded it to the HSE covid app and the EU covid app. No issues and wasted only 5 minutes tan time. Thanks to all involved.
Now just where to go!!

JAmie2k9

Fri Jul 23, 2021 9:16 pm

Aer Lingus have reversed the decision to lay off staff in Cork during the runway closure. EWSS to continue until end of year.

https://www.irishexaminer.com/business/ ... 44275.html

Fliplot

Fri Jul 23, 2021 9:31 pm

Simply because the covid payment system will continue! So not really any display of loyalty to their staff! Wasn't aware the airport closure was related to covid!!!

Must be a Cork thing!

OA260

Sat Jul 24, 2021 9:03 am

It seems the rush to outsource anything that has not already been outsourced has begun.

Daa moves to outsource maintenance services at Dublin airport
Unions likely to oppose any move to transfer direct employment to third-party companies

http://www.irishtimes.com/business/daa- ... 7?mode=amp

Welcome to Shannon Airport — deliberately blurred map of the United States

http://www.irishexaminer.com/opinion/co ... l?type=amp

OA260

Sun Jul 25, 2021 7:42 am

Ryanair chief calls for airport charge suspension for a year
Eddie Wilson says the Irish government should set airport charges at zero for the next 12 months to secure connectivity because, as an island, Ireland needs connectivity ‘more than anywhere else’

www.businesspost.ie/aviation/ryanair-ch ... r-15ab3299

Fliplot

Sun Jul 25, 2021 11:13 am

Abd this from the airline most likely to recover from covid. I guess it's to be expected!
Looking at flightradar24 FR are everywhere. They are to be admired if not necessarily liked!

OA260

Mon Jul 26, 2021 7:33 am

Ryanair ups annual traffic forecast as summer bookings surge

Ryanair has today increased its forecast for full-year traffic on strong summer bookings but said fares remained well below pre-pandemic levels as it reported a first-quarter net loss of €273m.

www.rte.ie/news/business/2021/0726/1237 ... trictions/

BrianDromey

Mon Jul 26, 2021 7:55 am

OA260 wrote:

As we were saying upthread. Volumes are down but yield/fares are lagging even further behind. This probably explains why EI and others are more cautious with adding back capacity. IATA expect W21/22 to be at 20% of 2019 capacity.

Ryanair and Wizz are especially aggressive in adding capacity, but with dozens of NEOs and Gamechangers being delivered they really need to get into as many markets as possible and hope some
Of them work or aren’t stifled by the unpredictable pattern of the pandemic and even less predictable restrictions.

Clydenairways

Mon Jul 26, 2021 8:00 am

Donegal route started back today.

BestWestern

Mon Jul 26, 2021 8:36 am

It’s customer heaven this summer. Flights from the UK to Italy for day of travel are €30 one way and I did a return domestic trip in Italy this week for €6 all in.

Whilst my €2.99 one way wizzair 321neo to FCO was about 70% full, the neighbouring air dolomiti to Florence had about 8 passengers boarding.

Neither are sustainable, but the low cost carriers are certainly winning the battles at present.

This winter will either make or break European aviation for a decade. If traffic doesn’t or cannot return, many carriers will go bankrupt.

BrianDromey wrote:
OA260 wrote:

As we were saying upthread. Volumes are down but yield/fares are lagging even further behind. This probably explains why EI and others are more cautious with adding back capacity. IATA expect W21/22 to be at 20% of 2019 capacity.

Ryanair and Wizz are especially aggressive in adding capacity, but with dozens of NEOs and Gamechangers being delivered they really need to get into as many markets as possible and hope some
Of them work or aren’t stifled by the unpredictable pattern of the pandemic and even less predictable restrictions.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos