Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

OA260

Re: Irish 7/21: I remember that Summer in Dublin

Mon Jul 26, 2021 9:15 am

BrianDromey wrote:
OA260 wrote:
Ryanair ups annual traffic forecast as summer bookings surge

As we were saying upthread. Volumes are down but yield/fares are lagging even further behind. This probably explains why EI and others are more cautious with adding back capacity. IATA expect W21/22 to be at 20% of 2019 capacity.

Ryanair and Wizz are especially aggressive in adding capacity, but with dozens of NEOs and Gamechangers being delivered they really need to get into as many markets as possible and hope some
Of them work or aren’t stifled by the unpredictable pattern of the pandemic and even less predictable restrictions.

Indeed EI are being very cautious they have just started to do some more cancelations and adjustments to the IRL-UK routes.

BHD - LHR EI 932/5 will not operate on a Saturday and EI 936/7 will not operate on a Monday until 12/9.

DUB-LHR and DUB - LGW see quite a lot of the roations axed and the same with ORK - LHR - ORK. Judging by the loads of my recent flights that seems to be a sensible move. I doubt we will get back to the hourly LHR shuttle service for a long time yet.

BrianDromey

Mon Jul 26, 2021 9:17 am

BestWestern wrote:
It’s customer heaven this summer. Flights from the UK to Italy for day of travel are €30 one way and I did a return domestic trip in Italy this week for €6 all in.

Whilst my €2.99 one way wizzair 321neo to FCO was about 70% full, the neighbouring air dolomiti to Florence had about 8 passengers boarding.

Neither are sustainable, but the low cost carriers are certainly winning the battles at present.

This winter will either make or break European aviation for a decade. If traffic doesn’t or cannot return, many carriers will go bankrupt.

There are simply too many seats chasing too few customers and booking profiles have changed dramatically. Given the unpredictable course of the pandemic and the handling of refunds at the start, I don't think people are willing to book far in advance and they aren't willing to risk too much by way of expensive fares. All airlines have increased their flexibility options to some extent, differed a loss in last-minute business and 'distress' travel. That completely changes the revenue management.

I think this recovery will be very different for Ryanair compared to the last few, they are no longer the clear cost leader in Europe. Wizz are a huge threat, with a fleet age around half that of Ryanair (~5 Vs 12 for FR) and around 40% of the fleet being NEO. They have hugely dense 230/239 seat layouts for the A321 and more coming on-stream. I don't think anyone knows for sure who has lower costs, but certainly Ryanair and Wizz are in the same ballpark. I think Wizz may have a slight advantage. I see easyJet are becoming a bit inventive with routes, such as LGW-BGY, Bergamo is very much Wizz and Rayanir territory, the AF/KL, LH and IAG groups also have huge capacity freed up on their networks. Ryanair aren't going to have this recovery to themselves, especially the marketing and incentive money from smaller airports.

ClassicLover

Mon Jul 26, 2021 4:18 pm

I have a question on the Aer Lingus seat maps that are here dated August 2019 -

https://www.aerlingus.com/media/pdfs/aerlingus_seat_maps.pdf

Specifically the Airbus A330s -

Which A332s are which configuration?

Are ALL the A333s the same as what is there?

OA260

Mon Jul 26, 2021 4:34 pm

Some positive news from Avalon :

Avolon returns to profit despite revenue dip

Dublin-headquartered aircraft leasing firm Avolon has reported a fall in revenue in the three months to the end of June, but the company also swung from a loss to a profit during the period.

Avolon earned $610m from its lease agreements with airlines around the world, down $15m (2.4%) on the same three months of 2020.

www.rte.ie/news/business/2021/0726/1237 ... ly-result/

BestWestern

Mon Jul 26, 2021 4:50 pm

BrianDromey wrote:
BestWestern wrote:
It’s customer heaven this summer. Flights from the UK to Italy for day of travel are €30 one way and I did a return domestic trip in Italy this week for €6 all in.

Whilst my €2.99 one way wizzair 321neo to FCO was about 70% full, the neighbouring air dolomiti to Florence had about 8 passengers boarding.

Neither are sustainable, but the low cost carriers are certainly winning the battles at present.

This winter will either make or break European aviation for a decade. If traffic doesn’t or cannot return, many carriers will go bankrupt.

There are simply too many seats chasing too few customers and booking profiles have changed dramatically. Given the unpredictable course of the pandemic and the handling of refunds at the start, I don't think people are willing to book far in advance and they aren't willing to risk too much by way of expensive fares. All airlines have increased their flexibility options to some extent, differed a loss in last-minute business and 'distress' travel. That completely changes the revenue management.

I think this recovery will be very different for Ryanair compared to the last few, they are no longer the clear cost leader in Europe. Wizz are a huge threat, with a fleet age around half that of Ryanair (~5 Vs 12 for FR) and around 40% of the fleet being NEO. They have hugely dense 230/239 seat layouts for the A321 and more coming on-stream. I don't think anyone knows for sure who has lower costs, but certainly Ryanair and Wizz are in the same ballpark. I think Wizz may have a slight advantage. I see easyJet are becoming a bit inventive with routes, such as LGW-BGY, Bergamo is very much Wizz and Rayanir territory, the AF/KL, LH and IAG groups also have huge capacity freed up on their networks. Ryanair aren't going to have this recovery to themselves, especially the marketing and incentive money from smaller airports.

Dare I say it, the Wizz travel experience was better than Ryanair.

From a cost perspective, surely their 239Y 321neos must have the lowest CASK of any aircraft flying?

Clydenairways

Mon Jul 26, 2021 5:06 pm

BestWestern wrote:
BrianDromey wrote:
BestWestern wrote:

Dare I say it, the Wizz travel experience was better than Ryanair.

From a cost perspective, surely their 239Y 321neos must have the lowest CASK of any aircraft flying?

I would take a guess that Wizz have lower employee costs, but Ryanair have lower aircraft repayments and lower maintenance costs too. I'd say Ryanair overall is lower.

bx737

Mon Jul 26, 2021 5:17 pm

ClassicLover wrote:
I have a question on the Aer Lingus seat maps that are here dated August 2019 -

https://www.aerlingus.com/media/pdfs/aerlingus_seat_maps.pdf

Specifically the Airbus A330s -

Which A332s are which configuration?

Are ALL the A333s the same as what is there?

GAJ/GCF have crew rest facilities which reduce the capacity by one middle row, to allow access to the lower deck rest area. EIM and EIN are the same configuration.
DAA/DUO/LAX all have the rest areas, so their capacity is lower than EWR, incidentally DAA should read 243 seats in Y Class. As we probably know, EWR has since then, met its maker.
GEY has the Aer Lingus business class layout and has retained the Qatar Y Class configuration with a few seats added where the 6 business class seats were located behind Door 2.
As EIK and EIL have not entered service yet, so their interior is unknown, but if they are finished the same way as other Aer Lingus owned A330-300s, they should be 30/287.

I hope this helps

OA260

Mon Jul 26, 2021 5:48 pm

Air Canada has put on sale DUB - YYZ from 1st August . Good to see that route back on a 3 weekly basis .

kaitak
Topic Author

Tue Jul 27, 2021 8:58 am

Nice video on the Indo site about Rescue 116 and the SAR ops from DUB:

https://www.independent.ie/videos/a-loo ... 88424.html

Eirules

Tue Jul 27, 2021 9:24 am

OA260 wrote:
Air Canada has put on sale DUB - YYZ from 1st August . Good to see that route back on a 3 weekly basis .

With the US showing no signs of reopening but Canada announcing vaccinated tourists can visit from Sept, I can see quite a few people taking this up

Eirules

Tue Jul 27, 2021 12:06 pm

So apparently the refurbishment at the EI lounge at DUB is finished but a date for reopening hasn’t been announced with the lounge “closed due to Covid19 health & safety reasons”. That is clearly nonsense given the lounge in T1 is open so obviously a commercial decision.

On a similar note, I’ve heard the rollout of the new Bia menu has been disastrous. Not enough stock being loaded for even the outbound let alone the return

BrianDromey

Tue Jul 27, 2021 12:35 pm

Eirules wrote:
OA260 wrote:

With the US showing no signs of reopening but Canada announcing vaccinated tourists can visit from Sept, I can see quite a few people taking this up

It's not been traditionally that strong from Ireland, but I guess people might go. The only thing is that Canada gets pretty wintery, even in October, moreso the East coast. The case numbers in the UK are behaving quite strangely at the moment, consistently falling for 6 days now. It is assumed this is an effect of the vaccines + immunity following infection.
If herd immunity has been achieved in Europe, case numbers should fall rapidly. In that scenario I think the US might be more willing to open up to Transatlantic travel. Politicians like to pick symbolic dates, so something like Labour Day on the 6th of September or Thanksgiving on the 11th of November would be the dates to watch, I think. I think Labour day might be a bit soon for them. Perhaps Labour Day for an announcement that the US would be open for Thanksgiving?

IrishTexan

Tue Jul 27, 2021 1:52 pm

BrianDromey wrote:
Eirules wrote:
OA260 wrote:

It's not been traditionally that strong from Ireland, but I guess people might go. The only thing is that Canada gets pretty wintery, even in October, moreso the East coast. The case numbers in the UK are behaving quite strangely at the moment, consistently falling for 6 days now. It is assumed this is an effect of the vaccines + immunity following infection.
If herd immunity has been achieved in Europe, case numbers should fall rapidly. In that scenario I think the US might be more willing to open up to Transatlantic travel. Politicians like to pick symbolic dates, so something like Labour Day on the 6th of September or Thanksgiving on the 11th of November would be the dates to watch, I think. I think Labour day might be a bit soon for them. Perhaps Labour Day for an announcement that the US would be open for Thanksgiving?

Thanksgiving is celebrated on different days. 11 November is Canada Thanksgiving, but US Thanksgiving is not until 25 November.

BrianDromey

Tue Jul 27, 2021 3:01 pm

IrishTexan wrote:
Thanksgiving is celebrated on different days. 11 November is Canada Thanksgiving, but US Thanksgiving is not until 25 November.

I read the wrong line in the entry. I wonder if 25th November is a little bit late and they might want to get things moving sooner? That said, vaccinated US citizens/residents can already re-enter the country without quarantine if fully vaccinated and with a negative test. That has yet to be extended to EU/UK citizens, so it is rather unilateral at this stage.

With vaccinations rate plateauing in the UK at around 55%, I the direction of travel seems to be towards 'incentives' like access to large events, indoor dining, possibly even university lecture halls. Travel will surely form part of that argument to some extent.

ClassicLover

Tue Jul 27, 2021 3:04 pm

bx737 wrote:
GAJ/GCF have crew rest facilities which reduce the capacity by one middle row, to allow access to the lower deck rest area. EIM and EIN are the same configuration.
DAA/DUO/LAX all have the rest areas, so their capacity is lower than EWR, incidentally DAA should read 243 seats in Y Class. As we probably know, EWR has since then, met its maker.
GEY has the Aer Lingus business class layout and has retained the Qatar Y Class configuration with a few seats added where the 6 business class seats were located behind Door 2.
As EIK and EIL have not entered service yet, so their interior is unknown, but if they are finished the same way as other Aer Lingus owned A330-300s, they should be 30/287.

I hope this helps

Thanks for this, so it is actually a total dogs breakfast of configurations as someone elsewhere said.

Am I correct to say, from your writing above, that GAJ/GCF have one config, EIM/EIN have another (which row extra do they have?), then DAA/DUO/LAX are all the same as A330-200s, with GEY being different. Is that four different configs then, two each for A330-200 and A330-300?? Must keep it fun when there's an aircraft swap.

Eirules wrote:
So apparently the refurbishment at the EI lounge at DUB is finished but a date for reopening hasn’t been announced with the lounge “closed due to Covid19 health & safety reasons”. That is clearly nonsense given the lounge in T1 is open so obviously a commercial decision.

On a similar note, I’ve heard the rollout of the new Bia menu has been disastrous. Not enough stock being loaded for even the outbound let alone the return

Of course it's a commercial decision, though they're still happily selling fares that happily announce lounge access, which is a bit disingenuous at this stage!

Shame to hear about Bia. Those who were lucky enough to remain employed through the pandemic are cashed up and ready to spend, so you'd think they'd have enough stock to take people's money, since people clearly want to give it to them. A friend of mine came back from a week in Vienna today and heads off in a few days time for a week in Paris. Talk about pent up desire to travel! Even I was surprised :)

OA260

Tue Jul 27, 2021 3:31 pm

Eirules wrote:

In fairness the lounge should be open there is no reason for it not to be. They have all the protocols with regards track and trace as they scan everyone in via their boarding pass. Plenty of room to social distance given the numbers flying also.

Bia I would be a little bit less harsh on them for as there are still very low loads and lots of no shows believe it or not. So hopefully they will get it right in the next week or so. The new hand luggage policy is causing a lot of confusion and stress with tempers flaring at out stations especially.

OA260

Tue Jul 27, 2021 8:57 pm

From 4/9 Sunway are chartering Sun Express for their package holidays DUB - ADB .

XQ 887 DUB 1525 ADB 2150
XQ 886 ADB 1150 DUB 1435

EIBPI

Tue Jul 27, 2021 10:10 pm

Did the DUB-CFN flights actually launch as planned? I cannot find anything marked as operated on Flightradar24.

Ryanair start DUB-KIR tomorrow. There can’t be more than 25 checked in on the outbound and even fewer on the return.

With the carbon footprint (and cost) of each passenger in an empty 738, could be sending each passenger in private taxi instead.

Fliplot

Tue Jul 27, 2021 10:27 pm

Waiting to find out what the FR game is with KIR? Something does not add up! We all know how much FR like to be dictated to by governments!!!

JAmie2k9

Tue Jul 27, 2021 11:30 pm

EIBPI wrote:
Did the DUB-CFN flights actually launch as planned? I cannot find anything marked as operated on Flightradar24.

Ryanair start DUB-KIR tomorrow. There can’t be more than 25 checked in on the outbound and even fewer on the return.

With the carbon footprint (and cost) of each passenger in an empty 738, could be sending each passenger in private taxi instead.

Its operating, Search for HP330 / HP331 / HP332 / HP333 or SE-MFY on FR24, the standard data is showing as operated by FlexFlight hence its not picked up.

OA260

Wed Jul 28, 2021 8:47 am

Government Decision on new Coast Guard Aviation Service

Government today (27 July 2021) agreed to commence the formal procurement process for a new Coast Guard aviation service in October next.

www.gov.ie/en/press-release/c1b71-gover ... -service/#

Belfast City Airport launches major digital transformation programme

George Best Belfast City Airport has launched a major five-year, digital transformation programme aimed at enhancing the customer experience.

www.futuretravelexperience.com/2021/07/ ... programme/

ClassicLover

Wed Jul 28, 2021 8:51 am

JAmie2k9 wrote:
Its operating, Search for HP330 / HP331 / HP332 / HP333 or SE-MFY on FR24, the standard data is showing as operated by FlexFlight hence its not picked up.

SE-MFY is shown on Airfleets as having a first flight of 21 December 1989, which is interesting as it's in amongst the lowest MSNs. All the rest around it have first flights in 1987, so that's made me curious.

I'm booked to go to Donegal in September to try out the F50 with some friends, so I'm looking forward to it!

TUGMASTER

Wed Jul 28, 2021 10:41 am

ClassicLover wrote:
JAmie2k9 wrote:

SE-MFY is shown on Airfleets as having a first flight of 21 December 1989, which is interesting as it's in amongst the lowest MSNs. All the rest around it have first flights in 1987, so that's made me curious.

I'm booked to go to Donegal in September to try out the F50 with some friends, so I'm looking forward to it!

Believe the frame 20109 was built in 1987.
This frame was originally intended for Ansett, but NTU.
I guess it sat idle for a couple of years until it was remarketed to German regional DLT.

ClassicLover

Wed Jul 28, 2021 1:02 pm

TUGMASTER wrote:
Believe the frame 20109 was built in 1987.
This frame was originally intended for Ansett, but NTU.
I guess it sat idle for a couple of years until it was remarketed to German regional DLT.

All, that solves the mystery then. Makes sense!

I wonder if they will continue using the same aircraft and keep it dedicated for the CFN route or whether they'll swap it out. It says on their website that they have 14 Fokker 50s, but only three are passenger aircraft - https://www.amapola.nu/contacts/flygplan.html.

AmricanShamrok

Wed Jul 28, 2021 1:41 pm

Does anyone know if domestic passengers need to fill in the passenger locator form? I'm due to fly KIR-DUB soon and it's been so long since I flew domestically that I can't remember if I even pass through immigration on arrival at DUB.

EIBPI

Wed Jul 28, 2021 3:24 pm

AmricanShamrok wrote:
Does anyone know if domestic passengers need to fill in the passenger locator form? I'm due to fly KIR-DUB soon and it's been so long since I flew domestically that I can't remember if I even pass through immigration on arrival at DUB.

It wasn’t required on my last few Stobart domestic flights so I don’t think so.

OA260

Wed Jul 28, 2021 4:42 pm

AmricanShamrok wrote:

No you are not leaving the ROI so does not apply to Domestic flights. Just keep your boarding pass as it may be required to show as proof.

ClassicLover

Wed Jul 28, 2021 4:59 pm

AmricanShamrok wrote:

I'm flying it on Monday - if you're going after that, I can report back.

Fliplot

Wed Jul 28, 2021 7:12 pm

Remember to bring your passport! At DUB domestic flights are considered international and you must pass through immigration. Weird but it is wonderful DUB!!!

EIBPI

Wed Jul 28, 2021 8:45 pm

Fliplot wrote:
Remember to bring your passport! At DUB domestic flights are considered international and you must pass through immigration. Weird but it is wonderful DUB!!!

They’ll accept any photo ID at Dublin immigration (together with a boarding pass). Ryanair’s own rules in terms of valid ID are stricter. It is a pity Dublin never managed to organise some kind of easier arrival from domestic (and U.K.) flights but I understand the official excuse is Department policy (I’m personally not convinced).

Until a few years ago, domestic departures could use the fast track security. I haven’t seen that advertised for a while so I guess DUB stopped it?

Tomorrow’s DUB-KIR-DUB seem to have fewer than 20 checked in. Fares still at €20.

AmricanShamrok

Wed Jul 28, 2021 9:33 pm

ClassicLover wrote:
AmricanShamrok wrote:

I'm flying it on Monday - if you're going after that, I can report back.

I'm flying Friday. Got an e-mail from FR earlier pressing me to pay for a reserved seat to avoid disappointment...somehow I think I'll have quite the selection on the day!

EIBPI wrote:
Fliplot wrote:

They’ll accept any photo ID at Dublin immigration (together with a boarding pass). Ryanair’s own rules in terms of valid ID are stricter. It is a pity Dublin never managed to organise some kind of easier arrival from domestic (and U.K.) flights but I understand the official excuse is Department policy (I’m personally not convinced).

Until a few years ago, domestic departures could use the fast track security. I haven’t seen that advertised for a while so I guess DUB stopped it?

Tomorrow’s DUB-KIR-DUB seem to have fewer than 20 checked in. Fares still at €20.

I'm flying onwards to the US so I'll have the passport on me anyway (roll on the return of LHR/US connectivity from SNN). Is that load tomorrow 20 between the two flights (DUB-KIR and KIR-DUB)? If so, quite poor. Pre-pandemic the average on each sector seemed to always be in the 30s.

dergay

Wed Jul 28, 2021 10:34 pm

BrianDromey wrote:
Eirules wrote:
OA260 wrote:

Politicians like to pick symbolic dates, so something like Labour Day on the 6th of September or Thanksgiving on the 11th of November would be the dates to watch, I think. I think Labour day might be a bit soon for them. Perhaps Labour Day for an announcement that the US would be open for Thanksgiving?

Not forgetting that November 11 is also Armistice Day - possibly symbolic!

Fliplot

Wed Jul 28, 2021 11:51 pm

DAA excuse for immigration checks for domestic passengers was no space and no staff! A typical reply from the DAA who are masters are producing disorganised spaces and bottlenecks.

OA260

Thu Jul 29, 2021 10:26 am

Interview with Bill Byrne about current situation and future going forward for the airline .

Ireland’s Aer Lingus starts to build back according to VP of global sales
Senior Vice President Bill Byrne talks about the pandemic and how Aer Lingus is slowly but surely emerging from the worst of it.

www.irishcentral.com/business/irelands- ... build-back

BrianDromey

Thu Jul 29, 2021 10:37 am

EIBPI wrote:
Fliplot wrote:

Is this not an obvious loophole for getting into the country illegally? Simply show a boarding pass, likely electronic, from CFN or KIR and away you go, the same could go for CTA arrivals, I suppose.

EIBPI

Thu Jul 29, 2021 10:52 am

BrianDromey wrote:
EIBPI wrote:
Fliplot wrote:

Is this not an obvious loophole for getting into the country illegally? Simply show a boarding pass, likely electronic, from CFN or KIR and away you go, the same could go for CTA arrivals, I suppose.

That is why they seem to look for a boarding pass + photo ID these days. You would need to time it right, be surrounded by other passengers coming off a KIR/CFN flight, not look suspicious, etc. I can think of easier ways of getting in "illegally".

It is ridiculous that passengers coming from/through Northern Ireland, off ferries, or into the regional airports are normally not subject to any checks, but CTA passengers at DUB/ORK/SNN have the full circus of inbound immigrations checks (with the associated time lost and cost). Not really in the spirit of the CTA.

OA260

Thu Jul 29, 2021 11:44 am

Restrictions on new runway threaten to slow DAA’s recovery

Airport operator says it could lose 1.1m passengers by 2025 due to time limits

www.irishtimes.com/business/transport-a ... -1.4632984

Fliplot

Thu Jul 29, 2021 12:48 pm

DAA uses the same excuse for CTA arrivals - not enough space or staff. It is beyond silly. If the UK can do it at most airports I do not see why we can't! It's completely against the the spirit and implementation of the CTA.

JAmie2k9

Thu Jul 29, 2021 10:09 pm

Appears AerClub have improved there QR offer with discounts of €50 Y, €200 J for travel over next 6 months.

EIBPI

Thu Jul 29, 2021 11:27 pm

Looks like more almost empty Kerry flights tomorrow.

The flight back to Dublin looks slightly fuller but still not more than 25 checked in.

JAmie2k9

Fri Jul 30, 2021 8:07 am

Aer Lingus made an operating loss of €192m for the first half of 2021.

The airline’s capacity continued to be driven by cargo needs in the first six months of 2021, with flights operating regularly to New York, JFK, Chicago and Boston with very low passenger load factors.

Its passenger load factors are averaging 20pc, according to interim results from IAG.

Passenger and cargo revenue at Aer Lingus were almost identical during the period, at €33m and €31m respectively.

Aer Lingus owner IAG has reported an operating loss of €2bn for the first half of the year.

https://www.independent.ie/business/iri ... 03636.html

Its an improvement on the €316 for same period in 2020.

OA260

Fri Jul 30, 2021 8:33 am

Good news for some of the out of work cabin crew based in Dublin . Ryanair will commence recruitment for its DUB base . No indication yet of figures .

Ryanair to recruit cabin crew at Dublin Airport
Airline says it is returning to growth following Covid travel bans

www.irishtimes.com/business/transport-a ... 4?mode=amp

OA260

Fri Jul 30, 2021 8:37 am

EIBPI wrote:

The flight back to Dublin looks slightly fuller but still not more than 25 checked in.

Id expect it to improve from September. Currently a lot of Irish are on staycations and a rising number have left the country with their DCC’s . Anyone that might have taken these flights as part of their staycation had already booked before this was announced so taking trains or car , bus etc …

Fliplot

Fri Jul 30, 2021 9:02 am

Surly the load factors on FR KIR services will always be poor? There cannot be that many people who will use the services weekly?

OA260

Fri Jul 30, 2021 9:29 am

According to Dublin Airport 137,300 passengers are due to travel through the airport this Bank Holiday weekend. Down 70% but still a welcome increase based on virtually nothing year on year.

https://twitter.com/dublinairport/statu ... 41248?s=21

Aercap have released positive results .

Irish aircraft lessor Aercap reports rise in profit
News comes days after European regulators approved Aercap’s €25bn purchase of rival GE Capital Aviation Services

www.irishtimes.com/business/transport-a ... 4?mode=amp

BrianDromey

Fri Jul 30, 2021 9:42 am

OA260 wrote:
EIBPI wrote:

Id expect it to improve from September. Currently a lot of Irish are on staycations and a rising number have left the country with their DCC’s . Anyone that might have taken these flights as part of their staycation had already booked before this was announced so taking trains or car , bus etc …

I guess plans are a little bit like the COVID numbers themselves, there is a time lag. If things remain stable and governments can resist the temptation to constantly tinker with entry requirements the confidence to book travel will grow. I hope the EU-wide approach will reduce the tendency of national politicians to interfere at short notice based on domestic political appearances.

Im not sure about FR on the DUB-KIR route, instinctively the 738 seems to large, environmentally unfriendly and the route has failed before. Other than putting idle FR aircraft and crews to some use, I can't see the logic. Maybe we will see EI-SEV in revenue service, how many touch and goes at EMA has that poor thing done?

OA260

Fri Jul 30, 2021 11:50 am

A few words from Embleton about EIR :

Aer Lingus Regional
Regarding Aer Lingus' regional service, which had been operated by Stobart Air until it collapsed in June, Ms Embleton said the airline had been reacting to get the regional routes covered but that the ultimate intent is to build up a partnership with Emerald Airlines to operate it regional service.
She said discussions with Emerald are progressing well and are close to a conclusion.

www.rte.ie/news/business/2021/0730/1238 ... year-loss/

AmricanShamrok

Fri Jul 30, 2021 11:51 am

EI-LAX (much beloved EI 332) currently positioning from SNN to NOC as flight EI990 (presumably to be scrapped?).

Fliplot

Fri Jul 30, 2021 2:15 pm

EI Emerald negotiations have been on going for quite some time. Seems there is no rush to conclude either. I do hope Emerald manage expectations and perform as required. 3 or 4 regional jets would be a surprise and.bonus!

OA260

Sat Jul 31, 2021 10:53 am

Seems to be the week for all the claims being ruled upon .

€8k for boy who needed oxygen machine on flight

A judge has ordered Aer Lingus to pay €8,250 plus costs to the family of a boy with serious medical conditions, who could not travel on the airline for a Share A Dream trip to Orlando because of his oxygen machine.

www.rte.ie/news/courts/2021/0730/123827 ... ettlement/

SCALD WOUNDSDublin boy (12) scalded by hot chocolate on Ryanair flight gets €20,000 damages
Barrister David Richardson, who appeared with Stepaside, Dublin, solicitors Flanagan and Company, told the Circuit Civil Court that hot chocolate had been spilled on Reece Kelly’s leg during a Ryanair flight to Marbella, Spain

www.sundayworld.com/crime/courts/dublin ... 05828.html

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos