Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

 
User avatar
LAXintl
Topic Author
Posts: 25467
Joined: Wed May 24, 2000 12:12 pm

Turkish Aviation July 2021

Wed Jun 30, 2021 6:43 pm

Greetings everyone.

Giving TK787 a hand this month who is currently traveling.

Random news tidbits:

- TK for first time since pandemic operated more than 1,000 daily flights on June 25th - operating 1,065 with 71.7 load factor.

- Atlasjet which stopped flying early 2020 had its bankruptcy and liquidation accepted by court and remaining assets will be distributed to creditors.

- Onur Air which also suspended operations in 2020 had 8 aircraft TC-OBK, TC-OBS, TC-OBU, TC-OBY, TC-ODB, TC-OEA, TC-ONJ, TC-ONS impounded by Fraport TAV due debts. Its owner says he continues to plan a restart once market conditions warrant.

- With the lifting of flight restrictions from Russia, 110,000 Russian tourist arrived in Turkey in the first week (June 22-29)

For image today posting the original terminal at Istanbul Yesilkoy airport (renamed Ataturk) that operated into the 1980s before the German-designed hexagonal international terminal opened. This facility remained for domestic use for a few more years then finally as a VIP facility and administrative office before being torn down for expanded cargo facilities and new international terminal wing expansion.

Image
https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/ ... 577%29.jpg

=

The previous June thread can be found at viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1461359
From the desert to the sea, to all of Southern California
 
User avatar
TK787
Posts: 4813
Joined: Wed Jan 04, 2006 3:43 am

Re: Turkish Aviation July 2021

Thu Jul 01, 2021 4:55 am

Thanks for the new thread, "LAXintl" :)
-Wow, I was too young for that original terminal but we lived nearby and it was always a pleasure to see the DEP/ARV traffic from our balcony.
-Starting today the curfews are mostly lifted in Turkey and last night there were news that 50+ people can now make appointments for a 3rd, booster shot. There must be overstock, but I wish they expanded the vaccinations to younger people.
-Life is good in Southern Turkey, almost back to normal at the beach and I am looking forward to going back home to NYC next week.
 
User avatar
TK105
Posts: 619
Joined: Wed Mar 27, 2013 4:40 pm

Re: Turkish Aviation July 2021

Thu Jul 01, 2021 6:33 am

mafaky wrote:
I have this idea since long, which has never materialised even before the Covid-19 pandemic days.

It's a well known fact that there's a well-addicted Jewish community in Israel for gambling and there's a big gambling center (with huge casinos...) in Macau. If well negotiated with the Chinese authorities, Turkey (and TK) should be able to grant say something like x3 weekly frequency for this destination. Gambling means big profit for the casinos and therefore for the country. It may be very feasible for TK to open a TLV - GZT (=Gaziantep in southeastern Anatolia...) - Macau route say with 333s. GZT will be used for a technical stop-over (for re-fuelling and catering replenishment, say with only a one hour stop-over).

Anybody with any ideas or with any objections? :airplane::?:

GZT will have a brand new domestic/international terminal with 6 PBBs, possibly by the end of this year, if not early 2022 and a rwy totally suitable for 333/789/359 ops. In fact one PBB on the terminal will be compatible with Cat. E wide bodies that can be used for international ER flights.


I wrote it back in time that TK can start both LAS and MFM as they are attracting gamblers from all over the world. Especially MFM has more opportunities as it does not have direct connectivity to Europe.

Moreover MFM is back door to Hong Kong with a short boat ride. Most probably, Hong Kong Authorities will not allow TK for more frequencies to HKG. Flying to MFM can overcome this limitation.

However stopover at GZT is not a good idea. It must go through main hub at IST for other connections from TK network.
The future is in the skies.
 
UAEflyer
Posts: 1294
Joined: Thu Nov 02, 2006 8:29 pm

Re: Turkish Aviation July 2021

Thu Jul 01, 2021 8:53 am

Will TK restart SHJ ? they use to be in the 3 major airports in UAE before pandemic, they restarted AUH & DXB but not SHJ
 
Fuling
Posts: 387
Joined: Sun Apr 10, 2011 4:41 am

Re: Turkish Aviation July 2021

Thu Jul 01, 2021 8:55 am

TK105 wrote:
mafaky wrote:
I have this idea since long, which has never materialised even before the Covid-19 pandemic days.

It's a well known fact that there's a well-addicted Jewish community in Israel for gambling and there's a big gambling center (with huge casinos...) in Macau. If well negotiated with the Chinese authorities, Turkey (and TK) should be able to grant say something like x3 weekly frequency for this destination. Gambling means big profit for the casinos and therefore for the country. It may be very feasible for TK to open a TLV - GZT (=Gaziantep in southeastern Anatolia...) - Macau route say with 333s. GZT will be used for a technical stop-over (for re-fuelling and catering replenishment, say with only a one hour stop-over).

Anybody with any ideas or with any objections? :airplane::?:

GZT will have a brand new domestic/international terminal with 6 PBBs, possibly by the end of this year, if not early 2022 and a rwy totally suitable for 333/789/359 ops. In fact one PBB on the terminal will be compatible with Cat. E wide bodies that can be used for international ER flights.


I wrote it back in time that TK can start both LAS and MFM as they are attracting gamblers from all over the world. Especially MFM has more opportunities as it does not have direct connectivity to Europe.

Moreover MFM is back door to Hong Kong with a short boat ride. Most probably, Hong Kong Authorities will not allow TK for more frequencies to HKG. Flying to MFM can overcome this limitation.

However stopover at GZT is not a good idea. It must go through main hub at IST for other connections from TK network.


You've also mentioned here why MFM flights aren't viable. The ferry. Passengers can fly into HKG and take the short ferry ride across to Macau directly from HKG terminal. And with TK holding the EU-MFM monopoly, imagine the prices! Other than the few business class pax that would opt for the direct service, most will take the cheaper flight to HKG and ferry across.
 
User avatar
OA260
Posts: 25580
Joined: Thu Nov 30, 2006 8:50 pm

Re: Turkish Aviation July 2021

Thu Jul 01, 2021 12:39 pm

Are there any updates on what lounges are due to open at IST or will TK just keep the one open? I thought I read the Business one is closed?
 
debonair
Posts: 4273
Joined: Sat Jan 03, 2004 10:50 pm

Re: Turkish Aviation July 2021

Thu Jul 01, 2021 5:44 pm

Regarding ONUR AIR, the future doesn't look bright. Seems that their Bulgarian sister carrier Holiday Europe is no longer operating for FTI TRAVEL, as the tour operator switched to European Air Charter Bulgaria... Any more information regarding their sole remaining A321 LZ-HEA, ex TC-OBZ - last reported stored at ISL?
 
bennett123
Posts: 10861
Joined: Sun Aug 15, 2004 12:49 am

Re: Turkish Aviation July 2021

Thu Jul 01, 2021 5:56 pm

 
User avatar
AirbusA343
Posts: 389
Joined: Sat Sep 24, 2016 8:38 am

Re: Turkish Aviation July 2021

Fri Jul 02, 2021 5:23 pm

TC-LTF has just entered service, operating a flight to Trabzon for its maiden journey with Turkish Airlines.
 
amrabari
Posts: 19
Joined: Tue Dec 24, 2019 5:41 pm

Re: Turkish Aviation July 2021

Sun Jul 04, 2021 3:43 pm

last week I traveled to Antalya, and some notes about the visit:
- took flights from IST-AYT with THY A320 old aircraft, which was very tight between raws, as I am 1.92m man, the chair were bad.
- in the flight, they just distributed a small cup of water
- AYT airport is very busy, with many local & international passengers
- hotels are almost 90% full, as I stayed in 1 hotel Downtown and 2 resorts in Lara, and there are many Russians, Arabians, European, and Turk tourists there.
- in all 3 hotels most of the tourists non of them wear masks inside the hotel.
- flight back from ANT - IST was yesterday (Saturday) same A320 old one with tight space between chairs and star alliance livery
- we had one very drunk passenger with us on the plane, he didn't even know his chair and couldn't walk very well, but the TK crew were very professional handling him & luckily he didn't make a lot of issues on the flight.
- most of the passengers had their masks on, and the crew was asking anyone who had his mask down to put it properly.
- when we arrived at IST, the aircraft parked outside the terminal gates, near the VIP hall, (where the B737MAX was parked), and we were transported to the terminal building by buses.
- on the arrival hall there was only another flight coming from Adana, and there were some gates available, so i don't know why we had to park very far and use the buses.
- still, non-traveling passengers can't enter the terminal building, even though I thought that there are no more restrictions for that after the 1st of July.
 
User avatar
AirbusA343
Posts: 389
Joined: Sat Sep 24, 2016 8:38 am

Re: Turkish Aviation July 2021

Sun Jul 04, 2021 3:58 pm

TC-JRD, a TK A321 has been painted in the Star Alliance livery. 7 of the A321s from that batch now have the livery - JRA/JRB/JRD/JRL/JRP/JRS/JRY.
 
User avatar
TK787
Posts: 4813
Joined: Wed Jan 04, 2006 3:43 am

Re: Turkish Aviation July 2021

Mon Jul 05, 2021 7:21 pm

Greetings from the YOTEL at IST:
I flew in earlier from DLM on TC-JDT, a 5.7 yrs old Turkish Airlines A321 "Canakkale" with 160 pax on board. Very nice flight, plane in good shape with proper 2-2 seating in J Class. Only a glass of water was served for Y pax. Hey, my very flexible high end "PRIME Y" ticket was only $50 one way :)
First time landing on the 3rd runway and as expected taxi time was shorter. At the gate/jet bridge 6:45pm but it still takes 20 minutes to walk to baggage claim. Another 10 minutes walk all the way to the other end of the arrivals level to get a PCR test. No one at PCR test area, 1st in line, $30 cost and 90 minutes later I get a paper copy of a Negative Result.
For dinner there is a food court, on the opposite side of YOTEL..... selections of Sbarro, Burger King and Turkish Cuisine/Doner/Pide... most food is NOT overpriced except beer. A bottle of beer is around 60TL= $7. In Comparison Kasar Pide is 49TL=$5.5
So, that's it and I will be on TK1 tomorrow.
Will have a notes from that flight shortly,.
 
Nicknuzzii
Posts: 1950
Joined: Sat Sep 15, 2018 5:57 pm

Re: Turkish Aviation July 2021

Mon Jul 05, 2021 8:03 pm

Is EWR starting to pick up?
 
ushuaia
Posts: 12
Joined: Mon Dec 03, 2018 9:25 pm

Re: Turkish Aviation July 2021

Tue Jul 06, 2021 9:32 am

Turkish Airlines from 23JUL21 adds IST – SCO service, 2 weekly A321

— theaeronetwork (@theaeronetwork) https://twitter.com/theaeronetwork/status/1411802600085671936?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw
 
A330Inter
Posts: 159
Joined: Tue Dec 03, 2019 3:59 pm

Re: Turkish Aviation July 2021

Tue Jul 06, 2021 12:21 pm

ushuaia wrote:
Turkish Airlines from 23JUL21 adds IST – SCO service, 2 weekly A321
— theaeronetwork (@theaeronetwork) https://twitter.com/theaeronetwork/status/1411802600085671936?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw


Will they partner with Scat like Atlasjet and Onur used to do? timings are very similar from IST at least!
 
User avatar
A321Lufthansa
Posts: 292
Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2018 9:40 am

Re: Turkish Aviation July 2021

Tue Jul 06, 2021 11:00 pm

AirbusA343 wrote:
TC-JRD, a TK A321 has been painted in the Star Alliance livery. 7 of the A321s from that batch now have the livery - JRA/JRB/JRD/JRL/JRP/JRS/JRY.

Sounds weird... when are they finally going to get rid of older A321s?
Last flown aircrafts: A320 OE-LZA > B77W TC-JJZ < A321 TC-JRP < A21N TC-LSF < B738 TC-JVY < E190 D-AECF < B77W VP-BGC < A320 VP-BOM < A320 VQ-BES < A320 OE-LBO < A21N CS-TJO < A21N CS-TXC < E190 CS-TPQ
 
HB-IWC
Posts: 4121
Joined: Fri Sep 22, 2000 1:09 am

Re: Turkish Aviation July 2021

Wed Jul 07, 2021 12:02 am

A321Lufthansa wrote:
Sounds weird... when are they finally going to get rid of older A321s?


The oldest A321s are a mere 15 years old. Lufthansa, Air France, Swiss and Austrian, to name just some, are operating A321s that are approaching twice that age.
 
User avatar
A321Lufthansa
Posts: 292
Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2018 9:40 am

Re: Turkish Aviation July 2021

Wed Jul 07, 2021 8:16 am

HB-IWC wrote:
A321Lufthansa wrote:
Sounds weird... when are they finally going to get rid of older A321s?


The oldest A321s are a mere 15 years old. Lufthansa, Air France, Swiss and Austrian, to name just some, are operating A321s that are approaching twice that age.

Yes, but TK doesn't care about their interiors by harmonizing them with newer frames. Also, they had all older 738s transferred to AJ and enough A320s phased out during the last years. Still there's a chance of a sudden change of a regular A321 with normal business class or even A321neo to one of older frames what means a drastic downgrade in terms of comfort.
Last flown aircrafts: A320 OE-LZA > B77W TC-JJZ < A321 TC-JRP < A21N TC-LSF < B738 TC-JVY < E190 D-AECF < B77W VP-BGC < A320 VP-BOM < A320 VQ-BES < A320 OE-LBO < A21N CS-TJO < A21N CS-TXC < E190 CS-TPQ
 
User avatar
TK787
Posts: 4813
Joined: Wed Jan 04, 2006 3:43 am

Re: Turkish Aviation July 2021

Wed Jul 07, 2021 10:08 am

Greetings from a muggy NY morning :)
Here is a recap of the TK1 IST-JFK flight yesterday;
-It is always a great way to start the travel when you spend the night before the flight at YOTEL IST Landside. I think I paid around $150 for a regular size room with a view facing the Departures hall. Different this time, you can barely hear the COVID reminder annoucements every 15 min or so. It used to be dead silent in those room, but sill incredibly quiet.
-Got up in the morning and went down to the Arrivals area to Simit Sarayi to have breakfast. After checkout, I was the only one at the Business Check in area. They looked at my PCR results and had me fill out the CDC form, declaring that I had a PCR test and it is negative.
-Fast Track passport control and Security check went by smoothly and I was shopping at the Duty Free stores in few minutes.
-Still, only one of the Lounges open at IST and it was hard to find a place to sit. Food options are limited but "pide wars" are back. They had the "manti" station working also. But no Alcohol at all, to my surprise no Turkish Coffee.
-At B1 gate, security and preboard is a bit chaotic as always. Social Distancing rules are out the window. They searched every nook of my carry ons. Turkish Coffee grounds, Nescafe Gold, 4 bars of Bodrum soap and 4 tiny bottles of mandarin cologne were questioned by few. But all good at the end.
-Lucky me, as I clear this security at the gate, they started boarding and I was one of the first ones in the plane, TC-JJY, 77W delivered 6 years ago, named "Kinaliada" (one of the Princess Islands off the Istanbul's Asian Coast)
-I cleaned every part of my seat with Clorox wipes, (I was the only one doing it) But I am used to this, since I've been cleaning my seats before the pandemic since I get sick pretty easy. I only had a single layer of ND-94 mask.
-There were 40J 220Y pax on board and I had the whole middle 3 seats to myself. I used the middle seat for sleeping.
-I watched "Once Upon a Time in Hollywood" again, with the meal. No nuts before the meal. For starters the trio was different; smoked salmon, shrimp coctail, smoked trout with hummus, cheese plate and rice pudding. The main course options were, fish and lampchop. (single tiny lamp-chop and wayyy overcooked :( ) I had some Champagne and Rioja with the meal.
-Generally rushed but still slow service. I really do not understand why they do not serve water with meals
-Noise cancelling headphones, Versace travel kit, slippers distributed but no more those tiny pillows for your lower back. No thin blankets. The usual Bedding kit provided later.
-Bathrooms kept super clean, most people wearing proper face coverings.
-Smooth 10 hour flight and arrived on 22L right before a huge thunderstorm. Lucky us :)
-Even though many announcements about keeping social distance during deplaning, when we came to a halt at the gate, the aisles were filled with Y pax :(
-Global Entry, no luggage and I was about to leave the empty arrivals hall of Terminal One but got caught by a over careful Customs officer. He checked every single thing in my carry ons ( I had no checked luggage) including most of my credit card receipt, inside the books, shook my duty free bottle violently. After 10 minutes or so of this he let me go.
To me, it was just another expected TK1 flight, nothing more nothing less. Happy to be back home.
Safe travels everyone.
 
User avatar
LAXintl
Topic Author
Posts: 25467
Joined: Wed May 24, 2000 12:12 pm

Re: Turkish Aviation July 2021

Wed Jul 07, 2021 3:11 pm

From the desert to the sea, to all of Southern California
 
emre787
Posts: 153
Joined: Sun Mar 17, 2019 7:59 pm

Re: Turkish Aviation July 2021

Wed Jul 07, 2021 9:55 pm

Another increase from TK, ORD goes up from 10x to 12x weekly starting 23JUL21. All flights on the 777 :)

https://twitter.com/theaeronetwork/stat ... 31269?s=19
 
User avatar
TK787
Posts: 4813
Joined: Wed Jan 04, 2006 3:43 am

Re: Turkish Aviation July 2021

Fri Jul 09, 2021 8:04 pm

TK updated its August schedules from IST and not a whole lot of changes/decreases, but here are some destinations:
JFK 17 to 19 weekly, ORD 11 to 12, SFO 10 to 11,
BRU 18 to 20, DUS 22 to 26, ATH 14 to 18, CGK 7 to 10, DUB 7 to 10, MEX 4 to 5 weekly,
BEG 12 to 14, INC 3 to 7, ARN 16 to 21 weekly,
LHR 14 to 38, MAN 9 to 14, BHX 6 to 14 weekly
and for Domestic service BJV 83 to 80, DLM 59 to 56, AYT 104 to 98 weekly.
 
User avatar
OA260
Posts: 25580
Joined: Thu Nov 30, 2006 8:50 pm

Re: Turkish Aviation July 2021

Sat Jul 10, 2021 2:45 pm

Don't think Id like to be in this mayhem at AYT .


https://fb.watch/v/39LbGJtQi/
 
User avatar
TK787
Posts: 4813
Joined: Wed Jan 04, 2006 3:43 am

Re: Turkish Aviation July 2021

Sat Jul 10, 2021 6:08 pm

OA260 wrote:
Don't think Id like to be in this mayhem at AYT .


https://fb.watch/v/39LbGJtQi/

That is some crazy stuff. I was at DLM and IST last week and nothing like that. DLM had only 2 TK and 1 Pegasus planes during early evening.
I hope Russians keep going to AYT and keep DLM and IST sane :lol:
 
acavpics
Posts: 572
Joined: Thu Dec 20, 2018 2:54 am

Re: Turkish Aviation July 2021

Sat Jul 10, 2021 6:46 pm

emre787 wrote:
Another increase from TK, ORD goes up from 10x to 12x weekly starting 23JUL21. All flights on the 777 :)

https://twitter.com/theaeronetwork/stat ... 31269?s=19

Out of curiosity, where is TK getting the demand to make such capacity increases to the US at the moment?
I also heard that they will be adding DEN and DFW this year. Even their existing routes like JFK and BOS seem to have frequencies similar to pre-COVID times. Is TK betting on most international travel restrictions to be dropped in the coming months?
Or are there currently very few restrictions regarding travel between the US and Turkey + neighboring countries.
 
User avatar
mercure1
Posts: 5211
Joined: Sun Jul 13, 2008 5:13 am

Re: Turkish Aviation July 2021

Sat Jul 10, 2021 11:33 pm

acavpics wrote:
Out of curiosity, where is TK getting the demand to make such capacity increases to the US at the moment?


Besides demand to/from Turkey, TK can connect US markets to a ton of destinations be it Europe, Africa, Middle East, CIS, etc.

As before the pre-pandemic, TK can play to this strength and use this opportunity to capture traffic that cannot flow via other airlines or hubs due to ongoing capacity cuts or restrictions.
mercure f-wtcc
 
Blerg
Posts: 4988
Joined: Tue Jan 09, 2018 11:42 am

Re: Turkish Aviation July 2021

Sun Jul 11, 2021 8:09 am

acavpics wrote:
emre787 wrote:
Another increase from TK, ORD goes up from 10x to 12x weekly starting 23JUL21. All flights on the 777 :)

https://twitter.com/theaeronetwork/stat ... 31269?s=19

Out of curiosity, where is TK getting the demand to make such capacity increases to the US at the moment?
I also heard that they will be adding DEN and DFW this year. Even their existing routes like JFK and BOS seem to have frequencies similar to pre-COVID times. Is TK betting on most international travel restrictions to be dropped in the coming months?
Or are there currently very few restrictions regarding travel between the US and Turkey + neighboring countries.


For starters, unless you are a citizen or resident of the United States, you are not allowed to transfer at a Schengen airport. Airlines like TK and JU have massively profited from this.
 
TK773ER
Posts: 222
Joined: Thu Jun 03, 2010 10:08 am

Re: Turkish Aviation July 2021

Mon Jul 12, 2021 3:13 am

According to this article Turkish Airlines raises wages and secures financing backed by MAX Jets.
https://simpleflying.com/turkish-airlin ... financing/
 
TK773ER
Posts: 222
Joined: Thu Jun 03, 2010 10:08 am

Re: Turkish Aviation July 2021

Mon Jul 12, 2021 3:24 am

Turkish air traffic control Europe's busiest first half of year ;
https://www.dailysabah.com/business/tra ... lf-of-year
 
MAH4546
Posts: 26645
Joined: Wed Jan 24, 2001 1:44 pm

Re: Turkish Aviation July 2021

Mon Jul 12, 2021 7:07 am

So interesting that the second Istanbul-Miami flight is an east-bound redeye. I think that's the only one Turkish operates to the States. Wonder why?
a.
 
User avatar
TKflyer
Posts: 77
Joined: Thu Feb 06, 2020 7:35 am

Re: Turkish Aviation July 2021

Mon Jul 12, 2021 8:19 am

Some movements

TURKISH AIRLINES
TC–JPO Airbus A320–232 cn 3567 to join Air Albania „ Migjeni“ (in Full colors), air-test at SAW 10/07/2021
TC–JZG Boeing 737–8F2 wl cn/ln 60028/6078 „ Migjeni“ is expected back from lease to Air Albania
TC–JGD Boeing 737-8F2(F) wl cn/ln 29788/791 after cvtd to F, LY-FBA Avia AM Leasing

PEGASUS
TC–AEP Boeing 737–82R wl cn/ln 40724/3563 has left the fleet, for SCAT Airlines (seeing in fc) & du 10/07/2021

ANADOLUJET
TC–SCL Boeing 737–8GJ wl cn/ln 39430/4442 opb SunExpress, back to lessor DAE Capital LZ–DPB Stores in AMM, frd 09/07/2021


Image
https://www.airliners.net/photo/Air-Albania-Turkish-Airlines/Airbus-A320-232/6488117/L
 
User avatar
TKflyer
Posts: 77
Joined: Thu Feb 06, 2020 7:35 am

Re: Turkish Aviation July 2021

Mon Jul 12, 2021 10:29 pm

ANADOLUJET
TC–SCK Boeing 737–8GJ wl cn/ln 39428/4348 opb SunExpress, has left the fleet back to lessor DAE Capital
AJA‘s fleet size is now down to 53 B738
 
User avatar
Mystic
Posts: 122
Joined: Thu Jun 13, 2019 3:40 pm

Re: Turkish Aviation July 2021

Mon Jul 12, 2021 10:36 pm

Is Aegean airlines doing charther ops to Antalya? I've seen a couple of flights to Antalya. The recent being OMR - AYT.
 
User avatar
TK787
Posts: 4813
Joined: Wed Jan 04, 2006 3:43 am

Re: Turkish Aviation July 2021

Tue Jul 13, 2021 11:56 am

Another question from me. I guess I asked this in the past also...
Do you think TK, one day, will venture and serve the likes of Iceland, Canary Islands, the Azores and such?
I know they are all very tourist, low yield destinations but with the arrival of MAX9 and NEOs, could this ever be an option?
Thanks.
 
NeperQiell
Posts: 24
Joined: Mon Sep 30, 2019 10:22 pm

Re: Turkish Aviation July 2021

Tue Jul 13, 2021 12:20 pm

Mystic wrote:
Is Aegean airlines doing charther ops to Antalya? I've seen a couple of flights to Antalya. The recent being OMR - AYT.


They are flying on behalf of Animawings, of which they own 25%
 
User avatar
A321Lufthansa
Posts: 292
Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2018 9:40 am

Re: Turkish Aviation July 2021

Tue Jul 13, 2021 4:31 pm

Looks like TC-JPR is the last A320 operating for TK mainline. Others seem to operate on behalf of AnadoluJet from SAW and ESB.
Last flown aircrafts: A320 OE-LZA > B77W TC-JJZ < A321 TC-JRP < A21N TC-LSF < B738 TC-JVY < E190 D-AECF < B77W VP-BGC < A320 VP-BOM < A320 VQ-BES < A320 OE-LBO < A21N CS-TJO < A21N CS-TXC < E190 CS-TPQ
 
YYJTurkman
Posts: 16
Joined: Mon Dec 17, 2018 3:16 pm

Re: Turkish Aviation July 2021

Tue Jul 13, 2021 4:52 pm

Do airlines publish their load factor numbers or is it something kept as a business secret?
I am particularly interestind in finding TK's IST-YVR numbers.

Thanks,
H.
 
emre787
Posts: 153
Joined: Sun Mar 17, 2019 7:59 pm

Re: Turkish Aviation July 2021

Tue Jul 13, 2021 5:20 pm

TK787 wrote:
Another question from me. I guess I asked this in the past also...
Do you think TK, one day, will venture and serve the likes of Iceland, Canary Islands, the Azores and such?
I know they are all very tourist, low yield destinations but with the arrival of MAX9 and NEOs, could this ever be an option?
Thanks.


I had made some thoughts on those destinations too a while ago. I personally could see all of them working, especially Iceland. If TK already flies to places like Rovaniemi, they should also be able to sustain flights to Reykjavík. Heck, afaik, even Emirates once teased that they would like to fly to KEF with smaller widebodies, so why not TK too
 
User avatar
TK105
Posts: 619
Joined: Wed Mar 27, 2013 4:40 pm

Re: Turkish Aviation July 2021

Tue Jul 13, 2021 8:46 pm

MAH4546 wrote:
So interesting that the second Istanbul-Miami flight is an east-bound redeye. I think that's the only one Turkish operates to the States. Wonder why?

Probably to catch west and east EU evening connections.

TK787 wrote:
Another question from me. I guess I asked this in the past also...
Do you think TK, one day, will venture and serve the likes of Iceland, Canary Islands, the Azores and such?
I know they are all very tourist, low yield destinations but with the arrival of MAX9 and NEOs, could this ever be an option?
Thanks.

Canary Islands and Azores attract mostly west EU tourists. It is a way longer detour via IST compared to a direct flight. I don’t see it happening. All other islands (incl. Iceland) in north Atlantic are also would be beyond economical decisions.
The future is in the skies.
 
User avatar
TK787
Posts: 4813
Joined: Wed Jan 04, 2006 3:43 am

Re: Turkish Aviation July 2021

Wed Jul 14, 2021 11:28 am

A newly opened terrace at IST, I was there last week. If I am not mistaken it is right next to Gate B1 and I was surprised to go out there to check out the plane that is going to take me to JFK, and there was an official; warning people that this area is non smoking, YAY!!!
https://twitter.com/igairport/status/14 ... 93/photo/1
 
Blerg
Posts: 4988
Joined: Tue Jan 09, 2018 11:42 am

Re: Turkish Aviation July 2021

Thu Jul 15, 2021 12:13 pm

Does TK allow free selection of seats during online check in or do we have to pay? I just booked my first flight ever on TK and during the booking process agency told me that they would charge me for early selection.

I'll be flying next week:

BEG IST A333
IST BOS A333
BOS LAS B6

Return

LAS LAX UA
LAX IST B789
IST BEG A319 JU
 
LLA001
Posts: 228
Joined: Sun May 08, 2005 7:36 am

Re: Turkish Aviation July 2021

Thu Jul 15, 2021 12:37 pm

TK787 wrote:
A newly opened terrace at IST, I was there last week. If I am not mistaken it is right next to Gate B1 and I was surprised to go out there to check out the plane that is going to take me to JFK, and there was an official; warning people that this area is non smoking, YAY!!!
https://twitter.com/igairport/status/14 ... 93/photo/1



Thanks for sharing, I will check it out when I go next time,

is there a steel mesh in the place of windows? I wish there was a real open place on the terminal where we can take photos.
 
User avatar
TK787
Posts: 4813
Joined: Wed Jan 04, 2006 3:43 am

Re: Turkish Aviation July 2021

Thu Jul 15, 2021 3:48 pm

LLA001 wrote:
TK787 wrote:
A newly opened terrace at IST, I was there last week. If I am not mistaken it is right next to Gate B1 and I was surprised to go out there to check out the plane that is going to take me to JFK, and there was an official; warning people that this area is non smoking, YAY!!!
https://twitter.com/igairport/status/14 ... 93/photo/1



Thanks for sharing, I will check it out when I go next time,

is there a steel mesh in the place of windows? I wish there was a real open place on the terminal where we can take photos.

If I remember correctly, there is definetly some form of obstruction. It is not a clear view, maybe I am wrong but there might be a mesh screen. Have a safe shoot :)
 
User avatar
TK787
Posts: 4813
Joined: Wed Jan 04, 2006 3:43 am

Re: Turkish Aviation July 2021

Thu Jul 15, 2021 3:55 pm

Blerg wrote:
Does TK allow free selection of seats during online check in or do we have to pay?


What a great itinerary :)
If you call TK, I think 90 days out or sooner, you might ask for a specific seat.
If not, exactly 24 hours before the flight you can do online check in and choose your seat. EXIT rows and some seats do have an extra fee, if you click on them you will see the amount. From my experience, most Economy class passengers do not choose a seat before online check in. Business Class; just the opposite, most seats are assigned weeks before the flight.
Also, I would recommend B6 "more space" seats that are the few rows in the front of the plane that cost extra. They do really make a difference on longer flights.
Bon Voyage.
 
Blerg
Posts: 4988
Joined: Tue Jan 09, 2018 11:42 am

Re: Turkish Aviation July 2021

Thu Jul 15, 2021 4:29 pm

TK787 wrote:
Blerg wrote:
Does TK allow free selection of seats during online check in or do we have to pay?


What a great itinerary :)
If you call TK, I think 90 days out or sooner, you might ask for a specific seat.
If not, exactly 24 hours before the flight you can do online check in and choose your seat. EXIT rows and some seats do have an extra fee, if you click on them you will see the amount. From my experience, most Economy class passengers do not choose a seat before online check in. Business Class; just the opposite, most seats are assigned weeks before the flight.
Also, I would recommend B6 "more space" seats that are the few rows in the front of the plane that cost extra. They do really make a difference on longer flights.
Bon Voyage.


Thank you! I am actually looking forward to flying on TK. Do you know how their loads are to Boston and Los Angeles? I am hoping flights won't be packed so that I can at least have one seat next to mine. :D
 
debonair
Posts: 4273
Joined: Sat Jan 03, 2004 10:50 pm

Re: Turkish Aviation July 2021

Thu Jul 15, 2021 5:33 pm

Blerg wrote:
Does TK allow free selection of seats during online check in or do we have to pay? I just booked my first flight ever on TK and during the booking process agency told me that they would charge me for early selection.


Have you tried to access "Manage booking" on TKs homepage with your TK PNR?! Very useful, you can order special meals, add FQTV etc.!
 
davidjohnson6
Posts: 1513
Joined: Mon Jun 20, 2016 10:10 pm

Re: Turkish Aviation July 2021

Thu Jul 15, 2021 5:39 pm

Does anyone have load factor data on today's new route between Kukes in Albania and Istanbul ?
 
Blerg
Posts: 4988
Joined: Tue Jan 09, 2018 11:42 am

Re: Turkish Aviation July 2021

Thu Jul 15, 2021 5:55 pm

debonair wrote:
Blerg wrote:
Does TK allow free selection of seats during online check in or do we have to pay? I just booked my first flight ever on TK and during the booking process agency told me that they would charge me for early selection.


Have you tried to access "Manage booking" on TKs homepage with your TK PNR?! Very useful, you can order special meals, add FQTV etc.!


Thank you, I did not know about that. i will definitely try it out tomorrow.
 
TK773ER
Posts: 222
Joined: Thu Jun 03, 2010 10:08 am

Re: Turkish Aviation July 2021

Sat Jul 17, 2021 1:02 am

Turkish Airlines storms ahead in Europe with 85% recovery.In the week of July 8th to 14th, it operated 1,254 flights a day. While Turkish Airlines’ number of operated flights is certainly impressive in itself, it is, of course, just one part of the overall picture. It says absolutely nothing of passengers, revenue, loads, or any other aspect of performance.
https://simpleflying.com/turkish-airlines-europe-recovery/
Last edited by TK773ER on Sat Jul 17, 2021 1:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
 
TK773ER
Posts: 222
Joined: Thu Jun 03, 2010 10:08 am

Re: Turkish Aviation July 2021

Sat Jul 17, 2021 1:12 am

Turkish Airlines adds extra flights for Muslim holiday of Eid al-Adha, TK is adding additional 427 flights on July 16-25 to meet domestic demand.
https://www.aa.com.tr/en/economy/turkis ... ha/2306413

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos