Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

janders
Topic Author

United Fleet, Network, and Discussion Thread - Q3 2021

Thu Jul 01, 2021 3:31 pm

Welcome to the United Fleet/Network/Discussion Thread for Q3.

Link to the Q2 thread >> viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1459349
"We make war that we may live in peace." -- Aristotle

intotheair

Re: United Fleet, Network, and Discussion Thread - Q3 2021

Thu Jul 01, 2021 3:39 pm

jayunited wrote:
UA's O&D pax numbers at SFO increase in June to 45% of our pre-COVID levels, the largest one month increase for UA at SFO since the pandemic. Keep in mind the Bay Area was under a severe lockdown throughout much of this pandemic and really didn't lift those restrictions until June 15th or so, so a 14% increase in O&D passengers is good.
UA's O&D pax numbers at LAX increase in June to 58% of our pre-COVID levels, just a 4% increase over May.

Comparing LAX to SFO even though they are in the same state isn't really a fair comparison because the lockdown in the Bay Area was much more severe than it was Los Angeles/County. The Bay Area like New York City has just begun to come out of their COVID hibernation, no way United pivots toward LAX.

I don't think that's the most accurate characterization of the Bay Area. LA County (and almost the entire state) was also under a stay-at-home order this winter. LA even started cracking down last fall by banning outdoor dining before the Bay Area did, and LAX actually asked for quarantine contact information from arriving passengers, whereas SFO didn't do much more than add an announcement to the PA system.

In terms of "severity" of what was and wasn't restricted, the Bay Area and Southern California were at a similar level. The two regions also started to loosen up restrictions at about the same rate this spring. I think the big difference is that people in the Bay Area obeyed the health restrictions a lot more closely than the rest of the state and country. Even now, most people in San Francisco and the East Bay (IMO) are still wearing masks outside and in shops and restaurants.

I do think SFO business travel will bounce back quicker than people think. Isn't Apple UA's biggest account at SFO? Apple is coming back to the office in September. Salesforce is already coming back. The sentiment I'm getting from a lot of tech workers here is that the remote thing won't stick as much as some people think.

One positive sign: the runway reconstruction project is on budget and ahead of schedule:

https://www.ktvu.com/news/sfo-runway-pr ... f-schedule

Since April, SFO has been working on the complete resurfacing of its longest runway, 20 hours a day, six days a week.

"What we're standing on is really the life blood of an airport and it really allows everything to flow in and out of this space," said SF Airport Information Officer Doug Yakel.

The $160 million project will soon be delivered on budget and a year ahead of the original schedule. "We were actually planning on doing this in 2022, but we decided to do it now to take advantage of the reduced flight schedule, so that it would have less of an impact on our travelers," said Mr. Yakel.
300 319 320 321 332 333 345 346 380 717 733 734 735 73G 738 739 7M9 744 752 753 762 763 772 77W 788 789 CR2 CR7 CR9 CRK Q400 E175 DC10 MD82 MD90 ——— AA AF AS AY AZ B6 BA BR DL F9 FI GA HA KF LH MI QX SK SN SQ UA US VY WN

GmoneyCO

Thu Jul 01, 2021 4:49 pm

I don't think the work from home setup will last too too much longer for a large number of roles. I think most companies will get back to a ~4 days/week in-office model before too long for roles that are tagged as 'creative', where a lot of collaboration is required, or where you are a people manager/supervisor responsible for talent development. There's been too much lost in these spaces in the WFH environment. These are also the areas that generally are drivers of business travel.

With so many roles at the Bay Area tech companies focused in product development and/or fitting the scenarios described above, I get the feeling that once the first few companies start requiring a lot more office time that everyone else will follow suit and then we'll see a sharp rebound in business travel.

I do think we'll see trips be shorter than they were before (3-4 days instead of 4-5) and the number of 'day trips' for <3hr meetings will decline unless they are executive level.

I see business air travel in/out of the Bay Area being very slow through the end of September, picking up in Q4, with a bigger rise in 2022.

Scarebus34

Thu Jul 01, 2021 9:55 pm

Some good news - United has reopened some United Clubs at line stations and has set a schedule for when others will open.

Now: AUS, HNL, MCO
July: CLE, FLL, LAS, LGA, SAN
August: ATL, BOS, DCA, DFW, RDU, SAT, SNA
September: MSP, MSY, PHL, PDX, SEA

Also announced that construction will resume on the newest United Club in PHX. Plans also being developed to reopen Polaris lounges as well as international United Club locations.

intotheair

Thu Jul 01, 2021 9:57 pm

Glad to hear it. The club in T3-E at SFO also reopened this week.
300 319 320 321 332 333 345 346 380 717 733 734 735 73G 738 739 7M9 744 752 753 762 763 772 77W 788 789 CR2 CR7 CR9 CRK Q400 E175 DC10 MD82 MD90 ——— AA AF AS AY AZ B6 BA BR DL F9 FI GA HA KF LH MI QX SK SN SQ UA US VY WN

sldispatcher

Fri Jul 02, 2021 2:18 am

Scarebus34 wrote:
Some good news - United has reopened some United Clubs at line stations and has set a schedule for when others will open.

Also announced that construction will resume on the newest United Club in PHX. Plans also being developed to reopen Polaris lounges as well as international United Club locations.

Welcome news!

sldispatcher

Fri Jul 02, 2021 12:38 pm

Beefier July schedule underway.

Reports on morale amongst employees?

cosyr

Fri Jul 02, 2021 12:58 pm

Scarebus34 wrote:

Any updates on the construction of the UA club at EWR? I went through EWR last week, but we didn't have time to go over there and look. I don't think I would have known what the progress is like inside anyway, just what the concourse looks like from the outside of the club.

Rossiya747

Fri Jul 02, 2021 1:37 pm

Scarebus34 wrote:

Do you know if they will refurbish the regular (non-Polaris) UA Club in Terminal C at EWR? The current lounge is rather disappointing in its offerings, even pre-pandemic.
223 319 320 321 332 333 346 388 734 737 738 739 38M 744 752 753 763 764 772 773 77W 788 789 208 UA DL AA WN AC CM 4O AV 2K FI DY D8 SK LH EI FR U2 IB OS LX BA VS BT PS MS SA SW QR EY HY AI 9W TG SQ MH AK D7 QZ BR NH CA QF MI LV/IB VY AL G4 LX OS

UAinAUS

Fri Jul 02, 2021 2:12 pm

UAX Update:

E145XR:
N12135 entered revenue service with CommutAir

CR5:
N514MJ entered revenue service as CR5 with GoJet (still in Globe livery)
N515MJ exited AMA in EvoBlu livery. Ferried STL

CR7:
N797SK entered ROW for paint

E175SC:
N85379 entered revenue service with Mesa
N87380 entered revenue service with Mesa

codc10

Fri Jul 02, 2021 2:15 pm

cosyr wrote:
Scarebus34 wrote:

Any updates on the construction of the UA club at EWR? I went through EWR last week, but we didn't have time to go over there and look. I don't think I would have known what the progress is like inside anyway, just what the concourse looks like from the outside of the club.

Yes, it is under construction, and the area cordoned off for it is massive. Can't really see inside from the terminal but interior work is underway.

airboss787

Fri Jul 02, 2021 2:21 pm

codc10 wrote:
cosyr wrote:
Scarebus34 wrote:

Yes, it is under construction, and the area cordoned off for it is massive. Can't really see inside from the terminal but interior work is underway.

When’s it expected to open? Should be a huge boost for EWR pax.
Star Alliance Gold

Scarebus34

Fri Jul 02, 2021 6:20 pm

sldispatcher wrote:

Depends who you ask. Overall, not good.

LHUSA

Fri Jul 02, 2021 7:36 pm

Scarebus34 wrote:
sldispatcher wrote:

Interesting. I have the complete opposite observation. Myself and every single other employee I know are extremely optimistic about the future and grateful for the leadership of Scott. Yes there are current challenges, but we’ve just been through ans are still recovering from a pandemic. All of my recent flights have had outstanding crew, the excitement is palpable. In my division and those I work with there is a massive (but still slightly cautious) feeling of relief and gratitude. I could see how some CSRs are over worked or stressed, but we are doing massive campaigns to hire additional staff, people are just not showing up for interviews.

flight152

Fri Jul 02, 2021 7:55 pm

Scarebus34 wrote:
sldispatcher wrote:

I disagree with this honestly.

adamblang

Fri Jul 02, 2021 8:21 pm

LHUSA wrote:
Scarebus34 wrote:
sldispatcher wrote:

Interesting. I have the complete opposite observation. Myself and every single other employee I know are extremely optimistic about the future and grateful for the leadership of Scott. Yes there are current challenges, but we’ve just been through ans are still recovering from a pandemic. All of my recent flights have had outstanding crew, the excitement is palpable. In my division and those I work with there is a massive (but still slightly cautious) feeling of relief and gratitude. I could see how some CSRs are over worked or stressed, but we are doing massive campaigns to hire additional staff, people are just not showing up for interviews.

Same. After years of being the "meh" airline and then more years of being the "rebuilding" airline, it's exciting to be the good airline at this moment. Is everything perfect? No, of course not, but things are relatively well run right now and we're working toward an exciting future.

jayunited

Fri Jul 02, 2021 9:53 pm

Scarebus34 wrote:
sldispatcher wrote:

I disagree with you on this, of course there are those who will never be happy they are just miserable people nothing United does will make them happy I certainly hope you are not one of those individuals.
But morale is up not just here at Willis but in talking to friends still in airport operations some are still at ORD others have transferred to other stations like DEN, MCO, FLL, SAN, PHX, LAS, PDX, and other stations I'm hearing morale is good even among those who were initially laid off but then brought back. The increase in flights have people feeling a bit overworked but every person that I've talk to has always ended the conversion by saying they would rather be overworked like we are now and deal with full planes than the what we dealt with last year.

codc10

Fri Jul 02, 2021 10:01 pm

Just to chime in… I think the needle on morale is pointing up.

ScorpioMC3

Fri Jul 02, 2021 10:02 pm

LHUSA wrote:
Scarebus34 wrote:
sldispatcher wrote:

A lot of us in the NOC are starting to get back into it. We've had a year of a pretty easy schedule (those of us that remained anyway) and now we have less staffing with a lot more flights. Summer storms are ramping up and we are quickly remembering how stressful summer ops can be. We are pretty tired, but I would agree with the the cautious optimism. I personally am excited for what the future holds for United.

jayunited

Sat Jul 03, 2021 12:10 pm

I guess there are some non-operational folks at Willis still working this holiday weekend because late last night they revised our total revenue passenger for this week June 27 - July 3rd and the comparison to last week is just astounding. United expected an increase in revenue passengers but the numbers released last night demonstrates American's desire to get away this 4th of July holiday.

Last Week June 20th - June 26th, 2.2 million revenue passengers flew on United Airlines

This Week June 27th - July 3rd, 2.6 million revenue passenger flew on United Airlines

Last Friday June 25th the numbers showed an increase of 263,000 revenue passengers for the holiday week which would have put United right under 2.5 million revenue passengers for this week. Now with the update late last night once this week ends tonight at 23:59 United states 2.6 million revenue passengers would have flown on our aircraft. There were extra sections/fliers added this week and even with the weather United has tried to limit the number of cancellations although we had our fair share. It hasn't been pretty we've had flights delayed 7, 8, 9 or even 10 hours this week but canceling flights with the load factors we've seen this week would only exacerbate the problem for passengers.

What I began hearing last week when the first set of holiday numbers were released was United isn't really that concerned about Labor Day we do expect a boost in traffic around Labor Day but nothing like what we are seeing for the 4th of July. Once the 4th is behind us United will turn its attention to Thanksgiving. The thinking is this if the 4th of July is this crazy busy what are the days or week leading into Thanksgiving 2021 going to look like?

Over the span of 7 days once today ends United would have seen a surge in revenue passengers to the tune of 400,000 for the 4th of July. It has been all over the news 4th of July travel will hit pre-pandemic levels this year. If we hit pre-pandemic levels this Thanksgiving is this industry ready to accommodate that many travelers? Is United Airlines ready for that type of traffic? In my opinion we are barely keeping it together for this holiday, I'd be lying if I said I wasn't concerned about Thanksgiving.

sldispatcher

Sat Jul 03, 2021 1:28 pm

jayunited wrote:
I guess there are some non-operational folks at Willis still working this holiday weekend because late last night they revised our total revenue passenger for this week June 27 - July 3rd and the comparison to last week is just astounding. United expected an increase in revenue passengers but the numbers released last night demonstrates American's desire to get away this 4th of July holiday.

Last Week June 20th - June 26th, 2.2 million revenue passengers flew on United Airlines

This Week June 27th - July 3rd, 2.6 million revenue passenger flew on United Airlines

Last Friday June 25th the numbers showed an increase of 263,000 revenue passengers for the holiday week which would have put United right under 2.5 million revenue passengers for this week. Now with the update late last night once this week ends tonight at 23:59 United states 2.6 million revenue passengers would have flown on our aircraft. There were extra sections/fliers added this week and even with the weather United has tried to limit the number of cancellations although we had our fair share. It hasn't been pretty we've had flights delayed 7, 8, 9 or even 10 hours this week but canceling flights with the load factors we've seen this week would only exacerbate the problem for passengers.

What I began hearing last week when the first set of holiday numbers were released was United isn't really that concerned about Labor Day we do expect a boost in traffic around Labor Day but nothing like what we are seeing for the 4th of July. Once the 4th is behind us United will turn its attention to Thanksgiving. The thinking is this if the 4th of July is this crazy busy what are the days or week leading into Thanksgiving 2021 going to look like?

Over the span of 7 days once today ends United would have seen a surge in revenue passengers to the tune of 400,000 for the 4th of July. It has been all over the news 4th of July travel will hit pre-pandemic levels this year. If we hit pre-pandemic levels this Thanksgiving is this industry ready to accommodate that many travelers? Is United Airlines ready for that type of traffic? In my opinion we are barely keeping it together for this holiday, I'd be lying if I said I wasn't concerned about Thanksgiving.

So there can only be as many passengers as there are seats. Surely that is planned out in advance. Is the concern irrops?

On another note, that surge, based on airfares I’ve seen, must be great for the bottom line.

sldispatcher

Sat Jul 03, 2021 3:14 pm

Is anyone at Willis Tower a little unnerved by Commutair’s performance metrics or is the regional doing about as expected under all of the various circumstances?

codc10

Sat Jul 03, 2021 3:24 pm

sldispatcher wrote:
Is anyone at Willis Tower a little unnerved by Commutair’s performance metrics or is the regional doing about as expected under all of the various circumstances?

The introduction of a new contractor, or a contractor spooling up a new base is usually an operational disaster, but CommutAir ops in DEN are going poorly even by this relatively low standard. Still, I don't anticipate much, if anything, will change. There are contract penalties, UA will add extra mainline sections where possible to move pax, and the train rolls on...

sldispatcher

Sat Jul 03, 2021 4:27 pm

codc10 wrote:
sldispatcher wrote:

The introduction of a new contractor, or a contractor spooling up a new base is usually an operational disaster, but CommutAir ops in DEN are going poorly even by this relatively low standard. Still, I don't anticipate much, if anything, will change. There are contract penalties, UA will add extra mainline sections where possible to move pax, and the train rolls on...

The regionals are a blessing and a curse. The whipsaw continues but the cost of customer relations never appears to be a factor. However, the recent order coupled with the 200 unit 50 seat planned drawdown should address a big chunk of that.

STT757

Sat Jul 03, 2021 4:45 pm

What will be the size of compliment of the UAX fleet minus the 200 50 seaters.

From my estimate looking at their current fleet:

110 single class 50 seaters, hopefully all ERJ-145
? # CRJ-550
235 ERJ-170/175 (70, 76 seaters)

The single class 50 seaters are still needed for small and EAS markets especially from IAD, DEN etc..
Eastern Air lines flt # 701, EWR-MCO Boeing 757

codc10

Sat Jul 03, 2021 5:30 pm

STT757 wrote:
What will be the size and compliment of the UAX fleet minus the 200 50 seaters.

? # CRJ-550

The single class 50 seaters are still needed for small and EAS markets especially from IAD, DEN etc..

UA has contracts on 125 CRJ-700s, of which 106 are ultimately to convert to CR5s, and 19 (SkyWest) will stay in CR7 configuration as long as the current operational restrictions at Aspen are in place (E75 span too large). It's unclear whether those 19 SkyWest frames would ever be eligible to convert to CR5; they'd likely stay in the SkyWest system and I don't think OO wants to fly CR5.

The current pilot agreement allows up to 255 70/76-seaters (153 76-seat, 102 70-seat).

joeblow10

Sat Jul 03, 2021 6:07 pm

STT757 wrote:
What will be the size and compliment of the UAX fleet minus the 200 50 seaters.

? # CRJ-550

Considering OO EAS markets will essentially be what’s left of the 50-seater markets - I highly doubt UA will go with all E145s for their 50 seaters. I would have to imagine C5 (like ExpressJet before it) and ZW will likely not be around in the same fashion in 5 years, unless they pick up the EAS slack and OO gets -550s and all the 76 seaters

calpsafltskeds

Sat Jul 03, 2021 7:01 pm

What I show is UA has the following over 50 seats and matches codc10's post for maximum units.
E175: 153, which matches max of 153 76 seat aircraft
E170: 38 (70 seats)
E175SC: 45 (70 seats)
CR7: 19 (70 seats) = 102 70 seat aircraft. Max 102 met.

There are 12 CRJ7s that have been removed form service and destined to be CRJ550s and join a current count of 47 CRJ550.

jetblastdubai

Sat Jul 03, 2021 7:30 pm

STT757 wrote:

If UA/UAX were to eliminate all the single-class, 50-seaters from the system (E145s + CR2s) are there enough CR7s available throughout the world to convert to CR5s to make up for loss in units? Would regionals need to take a look at turboprops once again to "right size" existing markets or possibly open new markets?
It sounds like thunder but the way this year is going, it could be Godzilla!

intotheair

Sat Jul 03, 2021 10:25 pm

calpsafltskeds wrote:
What I show is UA has the following over 50 seats and matches codc10's post for maximum units.

There are 12 CRJ7s that have been removed form service and destined to be CRJ550s and join a current count of 47 CRJ550.

I would guess the long term goal would be to get pilots to relent and allow 76 seats on all E175s and perhaps even turn the CRJ550s back into CR7s. Didn’t AA do a similar dance with the E175s?

sldispatcher

Sat Jul 03, 2021 10:49 pm

intotheair wrote:
calpsafltskeds wrote:

I would guess the long term goal would be to get pilots to relent and allow 76 seats on all E175s and perhaps even turn the CRJ550s back into CR7s. Didn’t AA do a similar dance with the E175s?

I don’t think the pilots need to relent. There are enough CRJ550 possible aircraft and plenty of E175 routes that can go mainline as aircraft get delivered.

The fares in so many cities now should allow a less than full E175 to more than pay for trip costs plus making high load factor days very profitable.

UAL seems to be making a lot of forward leaning decisions. I trust the current management to do what is right for the company even though I don’t always agree with decisions made at my own home airport.

Coalways

Sun Jul 04, 2021 12:41 am

United started refitting the 757-200 with the new AVOD system before the pandemic and stop. Are there plans to start that program back up?

MIflyer12

Sun Jul 04, 2021 3:16 am

jetblastdubai wrote:
STT757 wrote:

If UA/UAX were to eliminate all the single-class, 50-seaters from the system (E145s + CR2s) are there enough CR7s available throughout the world to convert to CR5s to make up for loss in units?

Eliminating all single-class isn't the plan. United Next as described in the investor presentation still has ~10% of departures on single class aircraft in 2026.

sldispatcher

Sun Jul 04, 2021 4:14 am

MIflyer12 wrote:
jetblastdubai wrote:
STT757 wrote:

If UA/UAX were to eliminate all the single-class, 50-seaters from the system (E145s + CR2s) are there enough CR7s available throughout the world to convert to CR5s to make up for loss in units?

Eliminating all single-class isn't the plan. United Next as described in the investor presentation still has ~10% of departures on single class aircraft in 2026.

Which 50 seater single class aircraft do you expect to survive? The CRJ200 coffin or the ERJ 145?

Pinto

Sun Jul 04, 2021 4:20 am

sldispatcher wrote:
MIflyer12 wrote:
jetblastdubai wrote:

Which 50 seater single class aircraft do you expect to survive? The CRJ200 coffin or the ERJ 145?

I would guess the CRJs for two main reasons.

1) The fleet commonality with the CRJ-550/700s.
2) mu understanding is that the CRJs have better shortfield performance compared to the ERJ-145. This is important because of the EAS role they might play.

codc10

Sun Jul 04, 2021 5:14 am

sldispatcher wrote:
MIflyer12 wrote:
jetblastdubai wrote:

The ERJ-145XRs are owned by UA, are mostly newer and have better performance than the standard ERJs. I suspect the last single cabin 50 seaters in the UA brand will be the XRJs (operated by whomever) and the OO at-risk/EAS CR2s.

MIflyer12

Sun Jul 04, 2021 11:38 am

sldispatcher wrote:

I make no prediction on that one. Ten percent of systemwide departures could mean 500-550 flights/day. How many segments per day were United Express aircraft averaging in 2019?

AC4500

Mon Jul 05, 2021 3:25 am

In September, I'm seeing the MAX-8 loaded onto IAH-LAS/PDX/SEA.

Are the MAX-8 jets mainly going to be based in Houston?

AC4500

Mon Jul 05, 2021 3:40 am

I'm also seeing two UA IAH-LAX flights in September that depart and arrive at the same exact time: https://www.google.com/travel/flights/s ... IGCAMQABgA

Different flight numbers (UA 1433 & UA 566), different aircraft types (UA 1433 is a -900 while UA 566 is an -800). Is this just an error in their timetable or are they legitimately offering two flights arriving and departing at the same exact time?

UAinAUS

Mon Jul 05, 2021 12:32 pm

UAX Update:

E145XR:
N31131 entered revenue service with CommutAir
N14180 entered revenue service with CommutAir

CR5:
N515MJ entered revenue service with GoJet

CR7:
N578GJ (ex-Nordica, 2003 build) leased by GoJet, future CR5 conversion
N579GJ (ex-Nordica, 2003 build) leased by GoJet, future CR5 conversion

UAinAUS

Mon Jul 05, 2021 12:35 pm

codc10 wrote:
sldispatcher wrote:
MIflyer12 wrote:

The ERJ-145XRs are owned by UA, are mostly newer and have better performance than the standard ERJs. I suspect the last single cabin 50 seaters in the UA brand will be the XRJs (operated by whomever) and the OO at-risk/EAS CR2s.

This is my prediction as well. E145s are UA-owned and will likely end up the cheaper option for the majority of flights. The CR2 will stay in smaller numbers to serve the Skywest EAS routes.

KarlB737

Mon Jul 05, 2021 1:06 pm

Courtesy: Aviation Pros

United to Add 4,000 Jobs, Bigger Planes at SFO as Part of Nationwide Expansion

https://www.aviationpros.com/airports/news/21228768/united-to-add-4000-jobs-bigger-planes-at-sfo-as-part-of-nationwide-expansion

Scarebus34

Mon Jul 05, 2021 2:42 pm

KarlB737 wrote:
Courtesy: Aviation Pros

United to Add 4,000 Jobs, Bigger Planes at SFO as Part of Nationwide Expansion

https://www.aviationpros.com/airports/news/21228768/united-to-add-4000-jobs-bigger-planes-at-sfo-as-part-of-nationwide-expansion

Yes - this was discussed last Tuesday. They plan to hire about 25,000 by 2026.

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/06/29/united- ... order.html

SunsetLimited

Mon Jul 05, 2021 2:54 pm

AC4500 wrote:

Also on IAH-MSY/TPA/MCO.
Spread hope like fire.

sldispatcher

Mon Jul 05, 2021 3:12 pm

In the investor presentation it was specific about 50 seater SINGLE CLASS drawdown by 200 units. That could imply 50 seaters replaced by larger OR could a second batch of CRJ550 conversions be on the horizon?

codc10

Mon Jul 05, 2021 3:27 pm

sldispatcher wrote:
In the investor presentation it was specific about 50 seater SINGLE CLASS drawdown by 200 units. That could imply 50 seaters replaced by larger OR could a second batch of CRJ550 conversions be on the horizon?

UA, through its CR5 contractor (GoJet), has been opportunistically picking up CR7s coming off leases or for sale from carriers around the world, so I think this practice will continue as they are available. But I don't see any large-fleet sources to tap outside of SkyWest, which owns most of its fleet and (IIRC) declined the offer to fly the CR5 for UA with the economics that were on the table.

jayunited

Mon Jul 05, 2021 3:49 pm

AC4500 wrote:

I'm not 100% sure but I would say it is doubtful they will mainly be baseed at IAH. United is scheduled to take delivery of 15 or so MAX 8s through the remainder of this year I think you will see them based out of at least 2 perhaps even 3 hubs. With United now operating our fleet of 30 MAX 9s out of all our hubs technically we could do the same 15 MAX 8 frames they are nearly identical aircraft.

dcajet

Tue Jul 06, 2021 5:58 pm

United suspended quite a large number of international routes for September and part of October:

Denver - Tokyo Narita
Honolulu - Tokyo Narita
Houston - Rio de Janeiro
Houston - Tokyo Narita
Los Angeles - Melbourne
Los Angeles - Tokyo Haneda
Newark - Lima
Newark - Shanghai
Newark - Tokyo Haneda
San Francisco - Beijing
San Francisco - Hong Kong
San Francisco - Shanghai
San Francisco - Singapore
San Francisco - Tokyo Haneda
Washington Dulles - San Pablo
Keep calm and wash your hands.

AC4500

Tue Jul 06, 2021 6:27 pm

SunsetLimited wrote:
AC4500 wrote:

Also on IAH-MSY/TPA/MCO.

And IAH-FLL.

audidudi

Tue Jul 06, 2021 7:14 pm

dcajet wrote:
United suspended quite a large number of international routes for September and part of October:

Denver - Tokyo Narita
Honolulu - Tokyo Narita
Houston - Rio de Janeiro
Houston - Tokyo Narita
Los Angeles - Melbourne
Los Angeles - Tokyo Haneda
Newark - Lima
Newark - Shanghai
Newark - Tokyo Haneda
San Francisco - Beijing
San Francisco - Hong Kong
San Francisco - Shanghai
San Francisco - Singapore
San Francisco - Tokyo Haneda
Washington Dulles - San Pablo

Have these routes been temporarily suspended due to poor bookings or something else?

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos