Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

 
BooDog
Posts: 157
Joined: Fri Nov 09, 2007 1:44 am

Re: United Fleet, Network, and Discussion Thread - Q3 2021

Wed Aug 11, 2021 2:04 am

Skywest cancelling recently started service from ABI and SJT to IAH due to staffing issues. This news article implies more routes will soon be cut. https://ktxs.com/news/abilene/united-airlines-to-cancel-air-service-with-abilene-regional-airport
 
flyer56
Posts: 107
Joined: Thu Feb 07, 2019 12:46 pm

Re: United Fleet, Network, and Discussion Thread - Q3 2021

Wed Aug 11, 2021 6:45 am

adamblang wrote:
Cmac787 wrote:
I wonder how much longer UA is going to keep serving Australia? I don’t see cargo being able to cover the cost of the flight. 20 passengers per flight is awful and I don’t see Australia lifting any restrictions soon.

Looking at fares on one-way LAX-SYD, I'm seeing "one ticket left at this price" for $5,000 economy fares and "one ticket left at this price" for $14,000 business fares. Loads look like the 20 passengers are actually paying that. Maybe those fares are high enough to make those nearly empty flights worthwhile?


Don't forget freight which is significant on this route. During the pandemic UA was flying freight only passenger aircraft to both SYD and MEL, not because they had to but because it was economically beneficial.
 
Cmac787
Posts: 541
Joined: Fri Oct 27, 2017 5:15 pm

Re: United Fleet, Network, and Discussion Thread - Q3 2021

Wed Aug 11, 2021 12:10 pm

N13718 737-700 scheduled to exit AMA paint with Evo blue livery and ferry to IAH F2699
 
avi8
Posts: 1635
Joined: Sun Jun 26, 2011 1:36 am

Re: United Fleet, Network, and Discussion Thread - Q3 2021

Wed Aug 11, 2021 12:20 pm

So there are 2 narrow body paint lines right now I assume?
 
Cmac787
Posts: 541
Joined: Fri Oct 27, 2017 5:15 pm

Re: United Fleet, Network, and Discussion Thread - Q3 2021

Wed Aug 11, 2021 2:04 pm

Actually 3. There were 2 A319’s and 1 700 at AMA there a few days ago. Right now only N822UA is there

avi8 wrote:
So there are 2 narrow body paint lines right now I assume?
 
Cmac787
Posts: 541
Joined: Fri Oct 27, 2017 5:15 pm

Re: United Fleet, Network, and Discussion Thread - Q3 2021

Wed Aug 11, 2021 2:08 pm

I was looking at 127. The green 757-200 that desperately needs painting. It looks like it’s doing hub to hub flying the next several days.
 
avi8
Posts: 1635
Joined: Sun Jun 26, 2011 1:36 am

Re: United Fleet, Network, and Discussion Thread - Q3 2021

Wed Aug 11, 2021 2:18 pm

Cmac787 wrote:
Actually 3. There were 2 A319’s and 1 700 at AMA there a few days ago. Right now only N822UA is there

avi8 wrote:
So there are 2 narrow body paint lines right now I assume?



Thanks for the info! Can't wait to see more UA aircraft in the new livery.
 
Cmac787
Posts: 541
Joined: Fri Oct 27, 2017 5:15 pm

Re: United Fleet, Network, and Discussion Thread - Q3 2021

Wed Aug 11, 2021 2:18 pm

Looks like N666UA 767-300 is scheduled to exit storage in ROW and ferry to SFO/12 Aug then HKG for heavy MX. this is the last high J 767 in storage. The last 3 767-300’s in storage are in old configuration.
 
kunta67
Posts: 98
Joined: Sat Jul 17, 2004 5:20 pm

Re: United Fleet, Network, and Discussion Thread - Q3 2021

Wed Aug 11, 2021 4:19 pm

ramprat74 wrote:
I found out today that the future PDX hangar will be ready in the 1st quarter of 2023. That’s right, 2023! They are still going to move into the 50+ year old ANG hangar.


Are they going to refurb the entire thing?
 
User avatar
STT757
Posts: 14933
Joined: Tue Mar 28, 2000 1:14 am

Re: United Fleet, Network, and Discussion Thread - Q3 2021

Wed Aug 11, 2021 4:30 pm

ramprat74 wrote:
I found out today that the future PDX hangar will be ready in the 1st quarter of 2023. That’s right, 2023! They are still going to move into the 50+ year old ANG hangar.


Is there a picture of it somewhere..
 
TUSAirliner
Posts: 16
Joined: Fri Aug 21, 2020 2:38 pm

Re: United Fleet, Network, and Discussion Thread - Q3 2021

Wed Aug 11, 2021 4:43 pm

BooDog wrote:
Skywest cancelling recently started service from ABI and SJT to IAH due to staffing issues. This news article implies more routes will soon be cut. https://ktxs.com/news/abilene/united-airlines-to-cancel-air-service-with-abilene-regional-airport


The way you are phrasing this is very misleading given many airlines have had staffing issues.

If you read the article, the station was not meeting goals SkyWest sets for performance. What they said is they have better markets to fly for their aircraft and crews.
 
codc10
Posts: 3584
Joined: Sat Jul 08, 2000 7:18 am

Re: United Fleet, Network, and Discussion Thread - Q3 2021

Wed Aug 11, 2021 5:56 pm

TUSAirliner wrote:
BooDog wrote:
Skywest cancelling recently started service from ABI and SJT to IAH due to staffing issues. This news article implies more routes will soon be cut. https://ktxs.com/news/abilene/united-airlines-to-cancel-air-service-with-abilene-regional-airport


The way you are phrasing this is very misleading given many airlines have had staffing issues.

If you read the article, the station was not meeting goals SkyWest sets for performance. What they said is they have better markets to fly for their aircraft and crews.


I believe those were SkyWest at-risk stations, an arrangement under which SkyWest operates with UA* code but assumes the financial risk for gains/losses. SkyWest does it pretty extensively but a good example is the former PNW EM2 operations at SEA/PDX: OO flew in UAX livery, under UA* code, but weren't actually flown under contract to United.

With that said, if SkyWest is having trouble meeting its staffing requirements for contracted (fee-per-departure) operations, there are stiff penalities associated with that and historically at-risk/prorate flying has been reduced to support its contract flying when the company is stretched a little too thin. So, it could be a combination of both.
 
LAXdude1023
Posts: 7109
Joined: Thu Sep 07, 2006 3:16 pm

Re: United Fleet, Network, and Discussion Thread - Q3 2021

Wed Aug 11, 2021 7:00 pm

TUSAirliner wrote:
BooDog wrote:
Skywest cancelling recently started service from ABI and SJT to IAH due to staffing issues. This news article implies more routes will soon be cut. https://ktxs.com/news/abilene/united-airlines-to-cancel-air-service-with-abilene-regional-airport


The way you are phrasing this is very misleading given many airlines have had staffing issues.

If you read the article, the station was not meeting goals SkyWest sets for performance. What they said is they have better markets to fly for their aircraft and crews.


Its still very disappointing and poorly planned out IMO.

They launched ABI and SJT around the same time. They are in the same region of the state just 80 miles apart so they were probably cannibalizing each other to a degree given that Texans in that region will drive longer distances to fly. They should have flown to just one of the two, let it build up, and then evaluate if they wanted to fly the other. Conversely they should have kept one of the two instead of cancelling both at the same time.
 
Okcflyer
Posts: 947
Joined: Sat May 23, 2015 11:10 pm

Re: United Fleet, Network, and Discussion Thread - Q3 2021

Wed Aug 11, 2021 7:44 pm

LAXdude1023 wrote:
TUSAirliner wrote:
BooDog wrote:
Skywest cancelling recently started service from ABI and SJT to IAH due to staffing issues. This news article implies more routes will soon be cut. https://ktxs.com/news/abilene/united-airlines-to-cancel-air-service-with-abilene-regional-airport


The way you are phrasing this is very misleading given many airlines have had staffing issues.

If you read the article, the station was not meeting goals SkyWest sets for performance. What they said is they have better markets to fly for their aircraft and crews.


Its still very disappointing and poorly planned out IMO.

They launched ABI and SJT around the same time. They are in the same region of the state just 80 miles apart so they were probably cannibalizing each other to a degree given that Texans in that region will drive longer distances to fly. They should have flown to just one of the two, let it build up, and then evaluate if they wanted to fly the other. Conversely they should have kept one of the two instead of cancelling both at the same time.


Not sure I agree with that. The local market for each is rather different. SJT is more education related travel, and ABI more industrial business type. Most from SJT will just travel to MAF or one of the larger metros for flights. ABI bleeds to straight to DFW. I can’t imagine there was much if any VFR traffic out of either. Texans generally like driving, or at least are indifferent to it, so these have always been tricky. They’ve started and stopped a few time …
 
LAXdude1023
Posts: 7109
Joined: Thu Sep 07, 2006 3:16 pm

Re: United Fleet, Network, and Discussion Thread - Q3 2021

Wed Aug 11, 2021 8:04 pm

Okcflyer wrote:
LAXdude1023 wrote:
TUSAirliner wrote:

The way you are phrasing this is very misleading given many airlines have had staffing issues.

If you read the article, the station was not meeting goals SkyWest sets for performance. What they said is they have better markets to fly for their aircraft and crews.


Its still very disappointing and poorly planned out IMO.

They launched ABI and SJT around the same time. They are in the same region of the state just 80 miles apart so they were probably cannibalizing each other to a degree given that Texans in that region will drive longer distances to fly. They should have flown to just one of the two, let it build up, and then evaluate if they wanted to fly the other. Conversely they should have kept one of the two instead of cancelling both at the same time.


Not sure I agree with that. The local market for each is rather different. SJT is more education related travel, and ABI more industrial business type. Most from SJT will just travel to MAF or one of the larger metros for flights. ABI bleeds to straight to DFW. I can’t imagine there was much if any VFR traffic out of either. Texans generally like driving, or at least are indifferent to it, so these have always been tricky. They’ve started and stopped a few time …


Their markets may be different but their geographic location is close. They are still competing for a lot of the same traffic. People who live in one or the other may not do the drive but there are a lot of people in that region of the state. Given how close they are, given how West Texans dont mind long drives to fly, and given how United has had no presence in that part of the state in a very long time, it would have been better to build up one and then try the other.
 
jayunited
Posts: 3607
Joined: Sat Jan 05, 2013 12:03 am

Re: United Fleet, Network, and Discussion Thread - Q3 2021

Thu Aug 12, 2021 12:10 am

We now know why there was that last minute plane change earlier this week on a SFO-SEA-SFO turn from a 752 to a 764 then ultimately to a 763.

The 757 that was scheduled to operate the route was taken out of service to service the number 2 engine which had to have several fan blades change out because some type of FOD was sucked into the engine causing damage to some fan blades. United pulled the 764 off the route because the 764 was needed the next afternoon/evening in IAD for a Washington Football Team charter flight. It seems like there was some miscommunication there as it looks like the 764 should have never been swapped onto the route it should have been the 763 all along.


Cmac787 wrote:
I wonder how much longer UA is going to keep serving Australia? I don’t see cargo being able to cover the cost of the flight. 20 passengers per flight is awful and I don’t see Australia lifting any restrictions soon.



United was the only airline to continually serve Australia from the beginning of this pandemic SFO-SYD has never been suspended, and when United resumed LAX-SYD they did so with full knowledge the route would be limited at that time to 25-35 total passengers. Even with that information United continued to serve SFO-SYD 1x daily LAX-SYD resumed 3x weekly then gradually increased to 1x daily. From what I'm hearing internally United knows Australia most likely will not reopen its border until Q2 or even Q3 of 2022, but United has no intentions on following American Airlines lead and abandoning the Australia market. You said you don't see how cargo can cover the cost of the route, I don't know what the cargo rates are into and out of SYD but with so few carriers flying to/from SYD from the US I can't imagine the rates have fallen much if any over the past year or so. Unlike what we've seen to Europe where we know as carriers on both side of Atlantic increased flying cargo rates have fallen. I think cargo rates to/from the US and Australia are holding strong. In fact just last week United operated several 77W cargo only flights between LAX/SFO and SYD these flights operated in addition to the scheduled daily SYD flights. While I don't know cargo rates I do know United still has several exclusive cargo contracts not only here in the US but also in Australia. I'm not sure what those contracts are worth but I've heard United as a results of these contracts has not accepted any general freight going to Australia since July 2020.

Without knowing all the ends of outs of these contracts (which we will never know) it is really impossible to say with any certainty if cargo is covering the cost of operating these flights or not. However I can say this United would not continue to operated 1x daily SFO-SYD and 1x daily LAX-SYD if there wasn't some type of benefit financially to the company. Look at United's operation now verses a few months ago, a few months ago. A few months ago United was still operating over 1,100 cargo only flights per month. Now (except for last weeks SYD cargo only flights) United has no cargo only flights because the company could make more money using those 789s, 78Xs, GE 77Es and 77Ws on passenger service flights to Europe and believe it or now Hawaii of all places.

Sometime we have to just accept the fact that we will never have all the information the decision makers have and use to base their decisions off of.
 
Cmac787
Posts: 541
Joined: Fri Oct 27, 2017 5:15 pm

Re: United Fleet, Network, and Discussion Thread - Q3 2021

Thu Aug 12, 2021 2:04 am

N798UA PW 777-200 scheduled to ferry from VCV-LAX-HNL-GUM-XMN f2715/12 aug. for heavy MX
 
Max Q
Posts: 9331
Joined: Wed May 09, 2001 12:40 pm

Re: United Fleet, Network, and Discussion Thread - Q3 2021

Thu Aug 12, 2021 4:14 am

flyer56 wrote:
adamblang wrote:
Cmac787 wrote:
I wonder how much longer UA is going to keep serving Australia? I don’t see cargo being able to cover the cost of the flight. 20 passengers per flight is awful and I don’t see Australia lifting any restrictions soon.

Looking at fares on one-way LAX-SYD, I'm seeing "one ticket left at this price" for $5,000 economy fares and "one ticket left at this price" for $14,000 business fares. Loads look like the 20 passengers are actually paying that. Maybe those fares are high enough to make those nearly empty flights worthwhile?


Don't forget freight which is significant on this route. During the pandemic UA was flying freight only passenger aircraft to both SYD and MEL, not because they had to but because it was economically beneficial.




I don’t think the pandemic has gone away
 
RockAir
Posts: 3
Joined: Thu Feb 18, 2016 3:54 am

Re: United Fleet, Network, and Discussion Thread - Q3 2021

Thu Aug 12, 2021 1:38 pm

Looks like 752 0127 is going to AMA for paint tomorrow. Trip in open time. Flew it last week. Really looks bad.
 
Cmac787
Posts: 541
Joined: Fri Oct 27, 2017 5:15 pm

Re: United Fleet, Network, and Discussion Thread - Q3 2021

Thu Aug 12, 2021 2:43 pm

Yes confirmed. F2734 EWR-AMA 13Aug

RockAir wrote:
Looks like 752 0127 is going to AMA for paint tomorrow. Trip in open time. Flew it last week. Really looks bad.
 
Cmac787
Posts: 541
Joined: Fri Oct 27, 2017 5:15 pm

Re: United Fleet, Network, and Discussion Thread - Q3 2021

Thu Aug 12, 2021 3:25 pm

N14704 737-700 scheduled to ferry IAH-AMA for paint Evo blue livery/12Aug F2762
N37257 737-MAX8 scheduled to exit SEA induction and ferry to IAH F2730
 
audidudi
Posts: 3914
Joined: Fri Oct 26, 2007 4:35 pm

Re: United Fleet, Network, and Discussion Thread - Q3 2021

Thu Aug 12, 2021 4:51 pm

Delta has also been flying from LAX>SYD since the pandemic, firstly with the B772LRs, and then once these were retired by October 2020, they were replaced by the A359s. These are also daily flights, however during the spring/summer/fall last year, they were 3-4 times weekly. Presumably they are also carrying a lot of cargo.
 
jbs2886
Posts: 4527
Joined: Wed Apr 01, 2015 9:07 pm

Re: United Fleet, Network, and Discussion Thread - Q3 2021

Thu Aug 12, 2021 5:11 pm

audidudi wrote:
Delta has also been flying from LAX>SYD since the pandemic, firstly with the B772LRs, and then once these were retired by October 2020, they were replaced by the A359s. These are also daily flights, however during the spring/summer/fall last year, they were 3-4 times weekly. Presumably they are also carrying a lot of cargo.


True, but I think UA started operating first, DL was later.
 
Cmac787
Posts: 541
Joined: Fri Oct 27, 2017 5:15 pm

Re: United Fleet, Network, and Discussion Thread - Q3 2021

Thu Aug 12, 2021 6:14 pm

N822UA A319 scheduled to exit AMA paint with Evo blue livery and ferry to ORD F2737/12Aug.
 
jayunited
Posts: 3607
Joined: Sat Jan 05, 2013 12:03 am

Re: United Fleet, Network, and Discussion Thread - Q3 2021

Thu Aug 12, 2021 6:59 pm

audidudi wrote:
Delta has also been flying from LAX>SYD since the pandemic, firstly with the B772LRs, and then once these were retired by October 2020, they were replaced by the A359s. These are also daily flights, however during the spring/summer/fall last year, they were 3-4 times weekly. Presumably they are also carrying a lot of cargo.



Let's not try to rewrite history here, Delta did suspend their LAX-SYD flight on March 18 at start of the pandemic when Australia closed their borders. United was the only carrier to offer continual service to SYD from SFO no suspension at all. Delta resumed service on their route in July of 2020 whereas United resumed our LAX-SYD in September of 2020.

https://www.executivetraveller.com/news ... distancing
 
BooDog
Posts: 157
Joined: Fri Nov 09, 2007 1:44 am

Re: United Fleet, Network, and Discussion Thread - Q3 2021

Thu Aug 12, 2021 9:19 pm

TUSAirliner wrote:
BooDog wrote:
Skywest cancelling recently started service from ABI and SJT to IAH due to staffing issues. This news article implies more routes will soon be cut. https://ktxs.com/news/abilene/united-airlines-to-cancel-air-service-with-abilene-regional-airport


The way you are phrasing this is very misleading given many airlines have had staffing issues.

If you read the article, the station was not meeting goals SkyWest sets for performance. What they said is they have better markets to fly for their aircraft and crews.


What are you talking about? The article specifically says "we understand the demands for flight crews and aircraft that has forced SkyWest, which was operating this service under the United brand, to make the decision to pull out of several markets and return to pre-pandemic flight schedules in established markets." And "Reason for the cancellation include high travel demand and a shortage of aircraft." The article says nothing about the station not meeting goals???
 
oosnowrat
Posts: 294
Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2012 6:55 pm

Re: United Fleet, Network, and Discussion Thread - Q3 2021

Fri Aug 13, 2021 12:04 am

maps4ltd wrote:
United will be going into Butte (BTM) from DEN starting January.

Between TWF, WYS, and now BTM, UA has in the last few months pounced on cities that traditionally only saw Delta service from SLC. I wonder how DL will react (if they do at all).


These are all OO at-risk adds. WYS and BTM are EAS cities; TWF came online with a SCASD grant.
 
Cmac787
Posts: 541
Joined: Fri Oct 27, 2017 5:15 pm

Re: United Fleet, Network, and Discussion Thread - Q3 2021

Fri Aug 13, 2021 1:01 am

N61887 737-900ER scheduled to exit MIA MX and ferry F2742/13Aug to IAH
N76526 737-800 scheduled to enter MCO MX 12Aug
N66825 737-900ER scheduled to exit MCO MX 14 aug.
N69888 737-900ER scheduled to enter MCO MC 13Aug
 
Coalways
Posts: 209
Joined: Wed Feb 13, 2008 5:39 am

Re: United Fleet, Network, and Discussion Thread - Q3 2021

Fri Aug 13, 2021 2:57 pm

Cmac787 wrote:
N61887 737-900ER scheduled to exit MIA MX and ferry F2742/13Aug to IAH
N76526 737-800 scheduled to enter MCO MX 12Aug
N66825 737-900ER scheduled to exit MCO MX 14 aug.
N69888 737-900ER scheduled to enter MCO MC 13Aug


Is MCO going to be doing the MODS for the new AVOD interiors?
 
Cmac787
Posts: 541
Joined: Fri Oct 27, 2017 5:15 pm

Re: United Fleet, Network, and Discussion Thread - Q3 2021

Fri Aug 13, 2021 3:28 pm

Great question. MCO is a UAL MX base and not a vendor. It would be great to keep this in house. I believe it will probably be done by both, though I’m not sure if it’s started yet.

Coalways wrote:
Cmac787 wrote:
N61887 737-900ER scheduled to exit MIA MX and ferry F2742/13Aug to IAH
N76526 737-800 scheduled to enter MCO MX 12Aug
N66825 737-900ER scheduled to exit MCO MX 14 aug.
N69888 737-900ER scheduled to enter MCO MC 13Aug


Is MCO going to be doing the MODS for the new AVOD interiors?
 
Cmac787
Posts: 541
Joined: Fri Oct 27, 2017 5:15 pm

Re: United Fleet, Network, and Discussion Thread - Q3 2021

Fri Aug 13, 2021 3:48 pm

N457UA A320 scheduled to ferry RIC-IAH 13Aug/F2748. This aircraft has been down for MX since 08Aug
A/C 0127. 757 entry for paint has been delayed. Several 757 OTS.
 
Cmac787
Posts: 541
Joined: Fri Oct 27, 2017 5:15 pm

Re: United Fleet, Network, and Discussion Thread - Q3 2021

Fri Aug 13, 2021 4:22 pm

N72860 757-300 exited MX in GSO/12 Aug and has ferried to DEN
 
Cmac787
Posts: 541
Joined: Fri Oct 27, 2017 5:15 pm

Re: United Fleet, Network, and Discussion Thread - Q3 2021

Sat Aug 14, 2021 11:43 am

N797UA PW 777-200 exited storage in ORD and will ferry ORD-SFO-HNL-GUM-XMN for MX
N814UA A319 scheduled to ferry DEN-AMA for paint F2760
N17254 737-MAX8 scheduled to exit PDX induction and ferry to IAH F2762/14Aug
 
Cmac787
Posts: 541
Joined: Fri Oct 27, 2017 5:15 pm

Re: United Fleet, Network, and Discussion Thread - Q3 2021

Sat Aug 14, 2021 1:01 pm

N74007 GE 777-200 exiting HKG MX and scheduled to ferry HKG-GUM-SFO
 
C777ER
Posts: 58
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 2021 4:50 pm

Re: United Fleet, Network, and Discussion Thread - Q3 2021

Sat Aug 14, 2021 2:23 pm

Any idea when the 764s may get repainted?? They will look sharp
 
gwrudolph
Posts: 645
Joined: Sat Sep 13, 2008 3:46 pm

Re: United Fleet, Network, and Discussion Thread - Q3 2021

Sat Aug 14, 2021 4:35 pm

Cmac787 wrote:
N797UA PW 777-200 exited storage in ORD and will ferry ORD-SFO-HNL-GUM-XMN for MX
N814UA A319 scheduled to ferry DEN-AMA for paint F2760
N17254 737-MAX8 scheduled to exit PDX induction and ferry to IAH F2762/14Aug


Why does that PW 772 make so many stops enroute to XMN? Even an A model can make ORDHNL nonstop with a full load of passengers and bags as it typically did before this PW 772 debacle started.
 
User avatar
calpsafltskeds
Posts: 3625
Joined: Tue Dec 19, 2006 1:29 am

Re: United Fleet, Network, and Discussion Thread - Q3 2021

Sat Aug 14, 2021 5:20 pm

C777ER wrote:
Any idea when the 764s may get repainted?? They will look sharp

Most of the 764s were repainted in 2016 and 2017. There are a lot of UA aircraft flying that were repainted in 2012 to 2014, so maybe the 764s aren't ready at this point.
Running the Fleet Site, I've been unable to find the last paint date on numerous units. Paint date known is on the Fleet Site Mainline spreadsheet like this: "GLOBE/14" painted in 2014.
 
FlyHossD
Posts: 2297
Joined: Mon Nov 02, 2009 3:45 pm

Re: United Fleet, Network, and Discussion Thread - Q3 2021

Sat Aug 14, 2021 6:22 pm

gwrudolph wrote:
Cmac787 wrote:
N797UA PW 777-200 exited storage in ORD and will ferry ORD-SFO-HNL-GUM-XMN for MX
N814UA A319 scheduled to ferry DEN-AMA for paint F2760
N17254 737-MAX8 scheduled to exit PDX induction and ferry to IAH F2762/14Aug


Why does that PW 772 make so many stops enroute to XMN? Even an A model can make ORDHNL nonstop with a full load of passengers and bags as it typically did before this PW 772 debacle started.


I believe the routing is to allow the crews to return to GUM on the same day. So they fly GUM-XMN-GUM with a second layover in Guam, thus avoiding the over-bearing” Chinese entry requirements and being confined to a cell-like hotel room. So yes, that means they’re bringing another - different - airplane out of XMN.
 
LAXdude1023
Posts: 7109
Joined: Thu Sep 07, 2006 3:16 pm

Re: United Fleet, Network, and Discussion Thread - Q3 2021

Sat Aug 14, 2021 7:03 pm

@JayUnited, what were the O&D numbers per hub last week? How are flights to Florida hold up?
 
AA94
Posts: 790
Joined: Fri Aug 19, 2011 1:37 am

Re: United Fleet, Network, and Discussion Thread - Q3 2021

Sat Aug 14, 2021 9:52 pm

FlyHossD wrote:
gwrudolph wrote:
Cmac787 wrote:
N797UA PW 777-200 exited storage in ORD and will ferry ORD-SFO-HNL-GUM-XMN for MX
N814UA A319 scheduled to ferry DEN-AMA for paint F2760
N17254 737-MAX8 scheduled to exit PDX induction and ferry to IAH F2762/14Aug


Why does that PW 772 make so many stops enroute to XMN? Even an A model can make ORDHNL nonstop with a full load of passengers and bags as it typically did before this PW 772 debacle started.


I believe the routing is to allow the crews to return to GUM on the same day. So they fly GUM-XMN-GUM with a second layover in Guam, thus avoiding the over-bearing” Chinese entry requirements and being confined to a cell-like hotel room. So yes, that means they’re bringing another - different - airplane out of XMN.


Correct, no layovers in XMN.
 
Cmac787
Posts: 541
Joined: Fri Oct 27, 2017 5:15 pm

Re: United Fleet, Network, and Discussion Thread - Q3 2021

Sat Aug 14, 2021 10:40 pm

N66056 767-400 is being pulled from storage and will ferry ROW-SFO-HNL-GUM-HKG for heavy MX F2720/15Aug
 
Scarebus34
Posts: 845
Joined: Tue Feb 12, 2019 10:54 pm

Re: United Fleet, Network, and Discussion Thread - Q3 2021

Sat Aug 14, 2021 10:49 pm

Cmac787 wrote:
N457UA A320 scheduled to ferry RIC-IAH 13Aug/F2748. This aircraft has been down for MX since 08Aug
A/C 0127. 757 entry for paint has been delayed. Several 757 OTS.

was an engine change
 
gon2fly
Posts: 56
Joined: Mon Nov 28, 2016 9:50 pm

Re: United Fleet, Network, and Discussion Thread - Q3 2021

Sun Aug 15, 2021 5:21 am

gwrudolph wrote:
. Why does that PW 772 make so many stops enroute to XMN? Even an A model can make ORDHNL nonstop with a full load of passengers and bags as it typically did before this PW 772 debacle started.


In addition to the aforementioned issue of no layovers in XMN……most of the ferry flights that I have done on these routes have been bulked out with cargo. The answer to your question is probably a combination of crew schedule and cargo items.
 
gwrudolph
Posts: 645
Joined: Sat Sep 13, 2008 3:46 pm

Re: United Fleet, Network, and Discussion Thread - Q3 2021

Sun Aug 15, 2021 12:05 pm

gon2fly wrote:
gwrudolph wrote:
. Why does that PW 772 make so many stops enroute to XMN? Even an A model can make ORDHNL nonstop with a full load of passengers and bags as it typically did before this PW 772 debacle started.


In addition to the aforementioned issue of no layovers in XMN……most of the ferry flights that I have done on these routes have been bulked out with cargo. The answer to your question is probably a combination of crew schedule and cargo items.


That makes sense. Otherwise, the round trip GUM-XMN-GUM crew requirement wouldn’t explain why they wouldn’t overfly SFO and do ORD-HNL-GUM-XMN.
 
Cmac787
Posts: 541
Joined: Fri Oct 27, 2017 5:15 pm

Re: United Fleet, Network, and Discussion Thread - Q3 2021

Sun Aug 15, 2021 1:50 pm

N48127 757-200 is now scheduled to enter AMA paint/Evo blue livery 16Aug. Hopefully it sticks this time
 
Cmac787
Posts: 541
Joined: Fri Oct 27, 2017 5:15 pm

Re: United Fleet, Network, and Discussion Thread - Q3 2021

Sun Aug 15, 2021 4:19 pm

N27255 737-MAX8 scheduled to enter SEA induction F2702/16Aug. MAX8 delivery number 7!
 
len90
Posts: 1178
Joined: Thu Jul 06, 2006 1:03 pm

Re: United Fleet, Network, and Discussion Thread - Q3 2021

Mon Aug 16, 2021 1:48 am

Cmac787 wrote:
N48127 757-200 is now scheduled to enter AMA paint/Evo blue livery 16Aug. Hopefully it sticks this time

Are the OTS 752s all back?

Also the three in maintenance that are being reactivated from parking: 122, 131, 141. How much longer until they are ready?
 
Cmac787
Posts: 541
Joined: Fri Oct 27, 2017 5:15 pm

Re: United Fleet, Network, and Discussion Thread - Q3 2021

Mon Aug 16, 2021 2:06 am

Still 13 in storage. I know 102 was down in LAX when 127 was there. They swapped to 127 avoid a lengthy delay

len90 wrote:
Cmac787 wrote:
N48127 757-200 is now scheduled to enter AMA paint/Evo blue livery 16Aug. Hopefully it sticks this time

Are the OTS 752s all back?

Also the three in maintenance that are being reactivated from parking: 122, 131, 141. How much longer until they are ready?
 
avi8
Posts: 1635
Joined: Sun Jun 26, 2011 1:36 am

Re: United Fleet, Network, and Discussion Thread - Q3 2021

Mon Aug 16, 2021 2:43 am

Cmac787 wrote:
N27255 737-MAX8 scheduled to enter SEA induction F2702/16Aug. MAX8 delivery number 7!


Wow. And next year is going to be even more intense. Do we know when the retrofits start and how many will be retrofitted at the same time?
 
sldispatcher
Posts: 732
Joined: Thu Mar 29, 2007 3:55 am

Re: United Fleet, Network, and Discussion Thread - Q3 2021

Mon Aug 16, 2021 11:57 am

Did Commutair have an operational challenge yesterday? Looks like several cancels and crew rest delays this AM. Surely someone at Willis Tower is taking note?

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos