Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

FlyingElvii
Topic Author

United Adds Lewiston-DEN, and Seasonal Bishop- SFO, DEN, LAX (Skywest)

Tue Jun 22, 2021 3:05 pm

A couple of interesting adds for United, using Skywest. Bishop replaces Mammoth(MMH) that United says will no longer support commercial service (due to weather reliability, Density altitude, NIMBY’s??)

Bishop is on a CRJ-700, and Lewiston on the 200.

https://thepointsguy.com/news/united-ai ... s-bih-lws/

AC4500

Re: United Adds Lewiston-DEN, and Seasonal Bishop- SFO, DEN, LAX (Skywest)

Tue Jun 22, 2021 3:25 pm

It's good to see Lewiston get more service. It was quite sad to see AS leave that airport...

Tomassjc

Tue Jun 22, 2021 3:39 pm

I recall long ago when Bishop received year round service via Sierra Pacific's Convair 580s. Hopefully it will do well. MMH was always a long shot in the winter.
When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the Earth with your eyes turned skyward -Leonardo DaVinci

jetmatt777

Tue Jun 22, 2021 4:43 pm

Great to see United continue to add markets. The amount of places they can get you to from Denver is mind-blowing really.

jetmatt777

Tue Jun 22, 2021 4:44 pm

I imagine United has talked to the rental car agencies and has some plan to get some services in place at Bishop.

Scarebus34

Tue Jun 22, 2021 4:51 pm

jetmatt777 wrote:
I imagine United has talked to the rental car agencies and has some plan to get some services in place at Bishop.

There's an Enterprise in town... they'll likely just shuttle people to/from the airport. There's not much infrastructure at the airport to support much of anything else.

USAirALB

Tue Jun 22, 2021 4:52 pm

Discontinuing MMH is interesting as IIRC they are currently in the process of expanding the terminal and apron to allow for larger aircraft.

What is the drive like between Mammoth Lakes and Bishop in the winter time?
RJ85, F70, E135, E140, E145, E70, E75, E90, CR2, CR7, CR9, 717, 732, 733, 734, 735, 73G, 738, 739, 744ER, 752, 753, 762, 763ER, 772, 77E, 77W, 789, 319, 320, 321, 332, 333, 343, 359, 388

32andBelow

Tue Jun 22, 2021 4:53 pm

jetmatt777 wrote:

You don’t really need a rental car to go skiing in mammoth. The resort operates a bus network

32andBelow

Tue Jun 22, 2021 4:54 pm

USAirALB wrote:
Discontinuing MMH is interesting as IIRC they are currently in the process of expanding the terminal and apron to allow for larger aircraft.

What is the drive like between Mammoth Lakes and Bishop in the winter time?

Straight, wide, not windy. Snow makes it down to bishop sometimes but not usually. Road is cleared rather quickly after any storm

LAXintl

Tue Jun 22, 2021 4:57 pm

The only reason MMH was flown was because of the ski area subsidy, which now has been transferred to Bishop airport. This move was originally supposed to happen in October 2020, but COVID upended things. Shuttle service will be available to Mammoth Mountain ski resort.

While Bishop will be operationally more reliable, not sure it will necessarily benefit taking the air service as you just added a 1-hour road journey. In many ways now makes it more appealing just to drive the entire way from LA for instance.
From the desert to the sea, to all of Southern California

32andBelow

Tue Jun 22, 2021 5:06 pm

LAXintl wrote:
The only reason MMH was flown was because of the ski area subsidy, which now has been transferred to Bishop airport. This move was originally supposed to happen in October 2020, but COVID upended things. Shuttle service will be available to Mammoth Mountain ski resort.

While Bishop will be operationally more reliable, not sure it will necessarily benefit taking the air service as you just added a 1-hour road journey. In many ways now makes it more appealing just to drive the entire way from LA for instance.

I don’t think they are after the LA people. Mammoth was always a huge resort for LA people but historically didn’t get as much people from out of state/country as the other big ski destinations did

airlinepeanuts

Tue Jun 22, 2021 5:09 pm

Bishop as in Bishop California!? That’s way cool!! How long (if ever) has it been since they’ve had commercial service!?

flyfresno

Tue Jun 22, 2021 5:15 pm

airlinepeanuts wrote:
Bishop as in Bishop California!? That’s way cool!! How long (if ever) has it been since they’ve had commercial service!?

They actually used to have United Express service to Fresno decades ago.

FATFlyer

Tue Jun 22, 2021 5:15 pm

Inyo County will set up a 50-foot-by-60-foot tensioned fabric terminal at BIH for immediate use. The county says it already has funds to build a more permanent terminal in the next 5 years.
https://sierrawave.net/inyo-county-supervisors-authorize-purchase-of-temporary-structure-for-commercial-air-passengers-at-bishop-airport/

The airport change is partially driven by Mammoth Mountain Ski Area owner Alterra's desire to draw visitors from a larger area than just Southern California. Alterra wants Mammoth to develop into a larger year-round resort more like the Tahoe/Rocky Mountain area resorts. The company has just announced plans for an expansion of the main lodge area with more lodging, food, and retail. The move of flights to BIH is an attempt to make service more reliable for those connecting from areas outside of California.
"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness." - Mark Twain

sprxUSA

Tue Jun 22, 2021 6:28 pm

airlinepeanuts wrote:

Air Sierra
Sierra Pacific
Alpha Air
Wings West
have all had service at BIH from 402s up to CVR 580s.
It has been a few decades since reg sched service has used it.
Gem State Airlines..."we have a gem of an airline"

drdisque

Tue Jun 22, 2021 6:34 pm

FATFlyer wrote:
Inyo County will set up a 50-foot-by-60-foot tensioned fabric terminal at BIH for immediate use. The county says it already has funds to build a more permanent terminal in the next 5 years.
https://sierrawave.net/inyo-county-supervisors-authorize-purchase-of-temporary-structure-for-commercial-air-passengers-at-bishop-airport/

The airport change is partially driven by Mammoth Mountain Ski Area owner Alterra's desire to draw visitors from a larger area than just Southern California. Alterra wants Mammoth to develop into a larger year-round resort more like the Tahoe/Rocky Mountain area resorts. The company has just announced plans for an expansion of the main lodge area with more lodging, food, and retail. The move of flights to BIH is an attempt to make service more reliable for those connecting from areas outside of California.

I wonder where they're going to put it. Behind the existing small GA/FBO terminal? Northwest of the existing Terminal?

The airport also doesn't appear to have any organized parking. Surely they will have to arrange some sort of parking for non-resort passengers.

ahj2000

Tue Jun 22, 2021 7:53 pm

Bishop airport is owned by the city of LA apparently. Does that have anything to do with it?
-Andrés Juánez

jetmatt777

Tue Jun 22, 2021 7:56 pm

ahj2000 wrote:
Bishop airport is owned by the city of LA apparently. Does that have anything to do with it?

The City of LA is the landowner. Inyo County leases the land and owns/maintains the airfield.

From AirNav:

Ownership: Publicly-owned
Owner: INYO COUNTY
168 N EDWARDS, PO DRAWER Q
INDEPENDENCE, CA 93526
Phone 760-878-0201
LEASED, CONSTRUCTED AND MAINTAINED BY INYO COUNTY. CITY OF LOS ANGELES IS UNDERLYING LAND OWNER - 300 MANDICH ST, BISHOP CA 93514

YQBexYHZBGM

Tue Jun 22, 2021 9:57 pm

When I read the header for this thread, I thought it was referring to FNT :lol:
Was wondering why they'd be announcing such long haul flights.

mercure1

Tue Jun 22, 2021 10:54 pm

With BIH being at 4000'msl vs. MMH @ 7000'msl, I'm sure the runway takeoff performance is much better. Maybe a 737/A320 could get in there with some limitations if the resort biz really takes off (pun intended).
mercure f-wtcc

codc10

Tue Jun 22, 2021 11:56 pm

mercure1 wrote:
With BIH being at 4000'msl vs. MMH @ 7000'msl, I'm sure the runway takeoff performance is much better. Maybe a 737/A320 could get in there with some limitations if the resort biz really takes off (pun intended).

To meaningfully expand passenger service, BIH will likely need to extend (and probably widen) the main runway, 12/30. At 7500' and 4000' field elevation, that would be a challenge for even high-thrust A319s or 737-700s to reach DFW/IAH/ORD or the East Coast with full loads, which are markets I am sure Alterra is envisioning.

For now, it's a considerable improvement over MMH and should allow larger loads (especially to DEN) and more reliable (weather) operations.

atcdan

Wed Jun 23, 2021 2:59 pm

LAXintl wrote:

This 100%. Even living in the south part of LA county and with free parking at LAX, we’ve always just driven. Max 4 1/2 hour drive from LA with a stop for food, and it’s a pretty drive too. Not sure I would want to pay just to have to take a lengthy bus trip on the end of it, versus flying to EGE or SUN to go snowboarding.
LAX ATC

All posts are my own opinions and do not represent my employer or any government entity in any way.

codc10

Wed Jun 23, 2021 3:10 pm

atcdan wrote:
Max 4 1/2 hour drive from LA with a stop for food, and it’s a pretty drive too.

Max 4 1/2 from LA *with* a stop for food? Are you sure you're not actually flying? :lol:

I've got a bit of a lead foot, and have done the drive a few times. If I made it in 5h during the winter, nonstop, from LAX, I'd give myself a pat on the back! Maybe from Burbank or somewhere in the valley, I could see it. Even still, that's aggressive!

Newark727

Wed Jun 23, 2021 3:36 pm

YQBexYHZBGM wrote:
When I read the header for this thread, I thought it was referring to FNT :lol:
Was wondering why they'd be announcing such long haul flights.

Furthermore, note that Lewiston is Lewiston, Idaho (LWS) and not Lewiston, Maine (LEW.)

IFlyOff

Wed Jun 23, 2021 5:33 pm

ahj2000 wrote:

Yes, the notorious Owens Valley land and water grab by the City of Los Angeles in the early 1900s. Rent the movie, "Chinatown" City leaders wanted LA to grow and they needed water. So through very questionable means, they "bought' this entire watershed.

FATFlyer

Wed Jun 23, 2021 7:33 pm

I did some checking and this is what I am hearing from those in tourism in the Mammoth area.

BIH will be focused on network carrier flights to hubs to increase flight reliability. The tourism plan is to market the service particularly to out-of-state travelers from the midwest/east coast as well as to international travelers.

Alterra wants to expand Mammoth Mountain into more than a regional/weekend ski destination. The goal is also on increasing the average length of stay, midweek visitors, and more year-round. In coming years the plan is to work with AA/AS/DL about adding seasonal (or year-round) service to other hubs such as DFW/PHX/SEA/SLC.

MMH, at least for this ski season, will continue to be used for scheduled charters on Advanced Air from BUR/CLD/HRH with the possible addition of other areas such as SBA/SJC/SNA.
"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness." - Mark Twain

janders

United Fleet, Network, and Discussion Thread - Q3 2021

Thu Jul 01, 2021 3:31 pm

Welcome to the United Fleet/Network/Discussion Thread for Q3.

Link to the Q2 thread >> viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1459349
"We make war that we may live in peace." -- Aristotle

intotheair

Re: United Fleet, Network, and Discussion Thread - Q3 2021

Thu Jul 01, 2021 3:39 pm

jayunited wrote:
UA's O&D pax numbers at SFO increase in June to 45% of our pre-COVID levels, the largest one month increase for UA at SFO since the pandemic. Keep in mind the Bay Area was under a severe lockdown throughout much of this pandemic and really didn't lift those restrictions until June 15th or so, so a 14% increase in O&D passengers is good.
UA's O&D pax numbers at LAX increase in June to 58% of our pre-COVID levels, just a 4% increase over May.

Comparing LAX to SFO even though they are in the same state isn't really a fair comparison because the lockdown in the Bay Area was much more severe than it was Los Angeles/County. The Bay Area like New York City has just begun to come out of their COVID hibernation, no way United pivots toward LAX.

I don't think that's the most accurate characterization of the Bay Area. LA County (and almost the entire state) was also under a stay-at-home order this winter. LA even started cracking down last fall by banning outdoor dining before the Bay Area did, and LAX actually asked for quarantine contact information from arriving passengers, whereas SFO didn't do much more than add an announcement to the PA system.

In terms of "severity" of what was and wasn't restricted, the Bay Area and Southern California were at a similar level. The two regions also started to loosen up restrictions at about the same rate this spring. I think the big difference is that people in the Bay Area obeyed the health restrictions a lot more closely than the rest of the state and country. Even now, most people in San Francisco and the East Bay (IMO) are still wearing masks outside and in shops and restaurants.

I do think SFO business travel will bounce back quicker than people think. Isn't Apple UA's biggest account at SFO? Apple is coming back to the office in September. Salesforce is already coming back. The sentiment I'm getting from a lot of tech workers here is that the remote thing won't stick as much as some people think.

One positive sign: the runway reconstruction project is on budget and ahead of schedule:

https://www.ktvu.com/news/sfo-runway-pr ... f-schedule

Since April, SFO has been working on the complete resurfacing of its longest runway, 20 hours a day, six days a week.

"What we're standing on is really the life blood of an airport and it really allows everything to flow in and out of this space," said SF Airport Information Officer Doug Yakel.

The $160 million project will soon be delivered on budget and a year ahead of the original schedule. "We were actually planning on doing this in 2022, but we decided to do it now to take advantage of the reduced flight schedule, so that it would have less of an impact on our travelers," said Mr. Yakel.
300 319 320 321 332 333 345 346 380 717 733 734 735 73G 738 739 7M9 744 752 753 762 763 772 77W 788 789 CR2 CR7 CR9 CRK Q400 E175 DC10 MD82 MD90 ——— AA AF AS AY AZ B6 BA BR DL F9 FI GA HA KF LH MI QX SK SN SQ UA US VY WN

GmoneyCO

Thu Jul 01, 2021 4:49 pm

I don't think the work from home setup will last too too much longer for a large number of roles. I think most companies will get back to a ~4 days/week in-office model before too long for roles that are tagged as 'creative', where a lot of collaboration is required, or where you are a people manager/supervisor responsible for talent development. There's been too much lost in these spaces in the WFH environment. These are also the areas that generally are drivers of business travel.

With so many roles at the Bay Area tech companies focused in product development and/or fitting the scenarios described above, I get the feeling that once the first few companies start requiring a lot more office time that everyone else will follow suit and then we'll see a sharp rebound in business travel.

I do think we'll see trips be shorter than they were before (3-4 days instead of 4-5) and the number of 'day trips' for <3hr meetings will decline unless they are executive level.

I see business air travel in/out of the Bay Area being very slow through the end of September, picking up in Q4, with a bigger rise in 2022.

Scarebus34

Thu Jul 01, 2021 9:55 pm

Some good news - United has reopened some United Clubs at line stations and has set a schedule for when others will open.

Now: AUS, HNL, MCO
July: CLE, FLL, LAS, LGA, SAN
August: ATL, BOS, DCA, DFW, RDU, SAT, SNA
September: MSP, MSY, PHL, PDX, SEA

Also announced that construction will resume on the newest United Club in PHX. Plans also being developed to reopen Polaris lounges as well as international United Club locations.

intotheair

Thu Jul 01, 2021 9:57 pm

Glad to hear it. The club in T3-E at SFO also reopened this week.
300 319 320 321 332 333 345 346 380 717 733 734 735 73G 738 739 7M9 744 752 753 762 763 772 77W 788 789 CR2 CR7 CR9 CRK Q400 E175 DC10 MD82 MD90 ——— AA AF AS AY AZ B6 BA BR DL F9 FI GA HA KF LH MI QX SK SN SQ UA US VY WN

sldispatcher

Fri Jul 02, 2021 2:18 am

Scarebus34 wrote:
Some good news - United has reopened some United Clubs at line stations and has set a schedule for when others will open.

Also announced that construction will resume on the newest United Club in PHX. Plans also being developed to reopen Polaris lounges as well as international United Club locations.

Welcome news!

sldispatcher

Fri Jul 02, 2021 12:38 pm

Beefier July schedule underway.

Reports on morale amongst employees?

cosyr

Fri Jul 02, 2021 12:58 pm

Scarebus34 wrote:

Any updates on the construction of the UA club at EWR? I went through EWR last week, but we didn't have time to go over there and look. I don't think I would have known what the progress is like inside anyway, just what the concourse looks like from the outside of the club.

Rossiya747

Fri Jul 02, 2021 1:37 pm

Scarebus34 wrote:

Do you know if they will refurbish the regular (non-Polaris) UA Club in Terminal C at EWR? The current lounge is rather disappointing in its offerings, even pre-pandemic.
223 319 320 321 332 333 346 388 734 737 738 739 38M 744 752 753 763 764 772 773 77W 788 789 208 UA DL AA WN AC CM 4O AV 2K FI DY D8 SK LH EI FR U2 IB OS LX BA VS BT PS MS SA SW QR EY HY AI 9W TG SQ MH AK D7 QZ BR NH CA QF MI LV/IB VY AL G4 LX OS

UAinAUS

Fri Jul 02, 2021 2:12 pm

UAX Update:

E145XR:
N12135 entered revenue service with CommutAir

CR5:
N514MJ entered revenue service as CR5 with GoJet (still in Globe livery)
N515MJ exited AMA in EvoBlu livery. Ferried STL

CR7:
N797SK entered ROW for paint

E175SC:
N85379 entered revenue service with Mesa
N87380 entered revenue service with Mesa

codc10

Fri Jul 02, 2021 2:15 pm

cosyr wrote:
Scarebus34 wrote:

Any updates on the construction of the UA club at EWR? I went through EWR last week, but we didn't have time to go over there and look. I don't think I would have known what the progress is like inside anyway, just what the concourse looks like from the outside of the club.

Yes, it is under construction, and the area cordoned off for it is massive. Can't really see inside from the terminal but interior work is underway.

airboss787

Fri Jul 02, 2021 2:21 pm

codc10 wrote:
cosyr wrote:
Scarebus34 wrote:

Yes, it is under construction, and the area cordoned off for it is massive. Can't really see inside from the terminal but interior work is underway.

When’s it expected to open? Should be a huge boost for EWR pax.
Star Alliance Gold

Scarebus34

Fri Jul 02, 2021 6:20 pm

sldispatcher wrote:

Depends who you ask. Overall, not good.

LHUSA

Fri Jul 02, 2021 7:36 pm

Scarebus34 wrote:
sldispatcher wrote:

Interesting. I have the complete opposite observation. Myself and every single other employee I know are extremely optimistic about the future and grateful for the leadership of Scott. Yes there are current challenges, but we’ve just been through ans are still recovering from a pandemic. All of my recent flights have had outstanding crew, the excitement is palpable. In my division and those I work with there is a massive (but still slightly cautious) feeling of relief and gratitude. I could see how some CSRs are over worked or stressed, but we are doing massive campaigns to hire additional staff, people are just not showing up for interviews.

flight152

Fri Jul 02, 2021 7:55 pm

Scarebus34 wrote:
sldispatcher wrote:

I disagree with this honestly.

adamblang

Fri Jul 02, 2021 8:21 pm

LHUSA wrote:
Scarebus34 wrote:
sldispatcher wrote:

Interesting. I have the complete opposite observation. Myself and every single other employee I know are extremely optimistic about the future and grateful for the leadership of Scott. Yes there are current challenges, but we’ve just been through ans are still recovering from a pandemic. All of my recent flights have had outstanding crew, the excitement is palpable. In my division and those I work with there is a massive (but still slightly cautious) feeling of relief and gratitude. I could see how some CSRs are over worked or stressed, but we are doing massive campaigns to hire additional staff, people are just not showing up for interviews.

Same. After years of being the "meh" airline and then more years of being the "rebuilding" airline, it's exciting to be the good airline at this moment. Is everything perfect? No, of course not, but things are relatively well run right now and we're working toward an exciting future.

jayunited

Fri Jul 02, 2021 9:53 pm

Scarebus34 wrote:
sldispatcher wrote:

I disagree with you on this, of course there are those who will never be happy they are just miserable people nothing United does will make them happy I certainly hope you are not one of those individuals.
But morale is up not just here at Willis but in talking to friends still in airport operations some are still at ORD others have transferred to other stations like DEN, MCO, FLL, SAN, PHX, LAS, PDX, and other stations I'm hearing morale is good even among those who were initially laid off but then brought back. The increase in flights have people feeling a bit overworked but every person that I've talk to has always ended the conversion by saying they would rather be overworked like we are now and deal with full planes than the what we dealt with last year.

codc10

Fri Jul 02, 2021 10:01 pm

Just to chime in… I think the needle on morale is pointing up.

ScorpioMC3

Fri Jul 02, 2021 10:02 pm

LHUSA wrote:
Scarebus34 wrote:
sldispatcher wrote:

A lot of us in the NOC are starting to get back into it. We've had a year of a pretty easy schedule (those of us that remained anyway) and now we have less staffing with a lot more flights. Summer storms are ramping up and we are quickly remembering how stressful summer ops can be. We are pretty tired, but I would agree with the the cautious optimism. I personally am excited for what the future holds for United.

jayunited

Sat Jul 03, 2021 12:10 pm

I guess there are some non-operational folks at Willis still working this holiday weekend because late last night they revised our total revenue passenger for this week June 27 - July 3rd and the comparison to last week is just astounding. United expected an increase in revenue passengers but the numbers released last night demonstrates American's desire to get away this 4th of July holiday.

Last Week June 20th - June 26th, 2.2 million revenue passengers flew on United Airlines

This Week June 27th - July 3rd, 2.6 million revenue passenger flew on United Airlines

Last Friday June 25th the numbers showed an increase of 263,000 revenue passengers for the holiday week which would have put United right under 2.5 million revenue passengers for this week. Now with the update late last night once this week ends tonight at 23:59 United states 2.6 million revenue passengers would have flown on our aircraft. There were extra sections/fliers added this week and even with the weather United has tried to limit the number of cancellations although we had our fair share. It hasn't been pretty we've had flights delayed 7, 8, 9 or even 10 hours this week but canceling flights with the load factors we've seen this week would only exacerbate the problem for passengers.

What I began hearing last week when the first set of holiday numbers were released was United isn't really that concerned about Labor Day we do expect a boost in traffic around Labor Day but nothing like what we are seeing for the 4th of July. Once the 4th is behind us United will turn its attention to Thanksgiving. The thinking is this if the 4th of July is this crazy busy what are the days or week leading into Thanksgiving 2021 going to look like?

Over the span of 7 days once today ends United would have seen a surge in revenue passengers to the tune of 400,000 for the 4th of July. It has been all over the news 4th of July travel will hit pre-pandemic levels this year. If we hit pre-pandemic levels this Thanksgiving is this industry ready to accommodate that many travelers? Is United Airlines ready for that type of traffic? In my opinion we are barely keeping it together for this holiday, I'd be lying if I said I wasn't concerned about Thanksgiving.

sldispatcher

Sat Jul 03, 2021 1:28 pm

jayunited wrote:
I guess there are some non-operational folks at Willis still working this holiday weekend because late last night they revised our total revenue passenger for this week June 27 - July 3rd and the comparison to last week is just astounding. United expected an increase in revenue passengers but the numbers released last night demonstrates American's desire to get away this 4th of July holiday.

Last Week June 20th - June 26th, 2.2 million revenue passengers flew on United Airlines

This Week June 27th - July 3rd, 2.6 million revenue passenger flew on United Airlines

Last Friday June 25th the numbers showed an increase of 263,000 revenue passengers for the holiday week which would have put United right under 2.5 million revenue passengers for this week. Now with the update late last night once this week ends tonight at 23:59 United states 2.6 million revenue passengers would have flown on our aircraft. There were extra sections/fliers added this week and even with the weather United has tried to limit the number of cancellations although we had our fair share. It hasn't been pretty we've had flights delayed 7, 8, 9 or even 10 hours this week but canceling flights with the load factors we've seen this week would only exacerbate the problem for passengers.

What I began hearing last week when the first set of holiday numbers were released was United isn't really that concerned about Labor Day we do expect a boost in traffic around Labor Day but nothing like what we are seeing for the 4th of July. Once the 4th is behind us United will turn its attention to Thanksgiving. The thinking is this if the 4th of July is this crazy busy what are the days or week leading into Thanksgiving 2021 going to look like?

Over the span of 7 days once today ends United would have seen a surge in revenue passengers to the tune of 400,000 for the 4th of July. It has been all over the news 4th of July travel will hit pre-pandemic levels this year. If we hit pre-pandemic levels this Thanksgiving is this industry ready to accommodate that many travelers? Is United Airlines ready for that type of traffic? In my opinion we are barely keeping it together for this holiday, I'd be lying if I said I wasn't concerned about Thanksgiving.

So there can only be as many passengers as there are seats. Surely that is planned out in advance. Is the concern irrops?

On another note, that surge, based on airfares I’ve seen, must be great for the bottom line.

sldispatcher

Sat Jul 03, 2021 3:14 pm

Is anyone at Willis Tower a little unnerved by Commutair’s performance metrics or is the regional doing about as expected under all of the various circumstances?

codc10

Sat Jul 03, 2021 3:24 pm

sldispatcher wrote:
Is anyone at Willis Tower a little unnerved by Commutair’s performance metrics or is the regional doing about as expected under all of the various circumstances?

The introduction of a new contractor, or a contractor spooling up a new base is usually an operational disaster, but CommutAir ops in DEN are going poorly even by this relatively low standard. Still, I don't anticipate much, if anything, will change. There are contract penalties, UA will add extra mainline sections where possible to move pax, and the train rolls on...

sldispatcher

Sat Jul 03, 2021 4:27 pm

codc10 wrote:
sldispatcher wrote:

The introduction of a new contractor, or a contractor spooling up a new base is usually an operational disaster, but CommutAir ops in DEN are going poorly even by this relatively low standard. Still, I don't anticipate much, if anything, will change. There are contract penalties, UA will add extra mainline sections where possible to move pax, and the train rolls on...

The regionals are a blessing and a curse. The whipsaw continues but the cost of customer relations never appears to be a factor. However, the recent order coupled with the 200 unit 50 seat planned drawdown should address a big chunk of that.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos