Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

FlyingElvii
Topic Author

Orlando: Frontier Airlines Agents Attacked By Woman Over Carry-On Bag Fee (story from July 2020)

Sat Jul 03, 2021 7:53 pm

Here we go again…
Woman got angry over the Spirit carryon fee, and attacked an agent, when she realized the sup was calling police, she jumped over the counter and attacked him.

Mainstream News Article did not include the video for some unknown reason. Video is in 2nd link.

https://www.fox35orlando.com/news/polic ... oronavirus

https://vidmax.com/video/205488-woman-a ... er-to-stop

She got even more belligerent with the police, after she was arrested.

“ When she was taken to the Orange County Jail, police say she told officers that she had COVID-19 and began coughing on the equipment during the booking process. When a nurse went to get Jackson a face mask, Jackson tried escaping from officers and began to spit and cough in an officer's face, the report states. She then kicked another officer in the chest as police were trying to restrain her.

Jackson is charged with battery and battery on a corrections officer. ”

tzadik

Re: Orlando: Spirit Airlines Agents Attacked By Woman Over Carry-On Bag Fee.

Sat Jul 03, 2021 8:53 pm

FlyingElvii wrote:
Here we go again…
Woman got angry over the Spirit carryon fee, and attacked an agent, when she realized the sup was calling police, she jumped over the counter and attacked him.

Mainstream News Article did not include the video for some unknown reason. Video is in 2nd link.

https://www.fox35orlando.com/news/polic ... oronavirus

https://vidmax.com/video/205488-woman-a ... er-to-stop

She got even more belligerent with the police, after she was arrested.

“ When she was taken to the Orange County Jail, police say she told officers that she had COVID-19 and began coughing on the equipment during the booking process. When a nurse went to get Jackson a face mask, Jackson tried escaping from officers and began to spit and cough in an officer's face, the report states. She then kicked another officer in the chest as police were trying to restrain her.

This appears to be F9 not NK. Green polo shirts are a dead give away.

avi8

Sat Jul 03, 2021 9:47 pm

So sad to see this, especially because her daughter was there. She might have a mental illness; let's hope she gets the help she needs.

usxguy

Sat Jul 03, 2021 9:55 pm

Frontier is right beside Alaska at Orlando.

stl07

Sat Jul 03, 2021 10:07 pm

Again it's in Florida

Also insane and heartbreaking that the toddler had more common sense than the mother

freakyrat

Sat Jul 03, 2021 10:27 pm

This was from last year. At one time this was a common occurrence with Spirit at DFW.

flyboy730

Sat Jul 03, 2021 10:31 pm

Those poor kids.

GalaxyFlyer

Sat Jul 03, 2021 11:22 pm

avi8 wrote:
So sad to see this, especially because her daughter was there. She might have a mental illness; let's hope she gets the help she needs.

And, that’s how this behavior persists and goes on.

ZazuPIT

Sat Jul 03, 2021 11:27 pm

avi8 wrote:

I don't think that is mental illness. Its just plain, unacceptable nastiness. I feel sorry for the kids. Not much of a role model for a mother.

max999

Sun Jul 04, 2021 12:03 am

ZazuPIT wrote:
avi8 wrote:

I don't think that is mental illness. Its just plain, unacceptable nastiness. I feel sorry for the kids. Not much of a role model for a mother.

Violence being the first and only response to conflict is the common theme for all of the recent air rage incidents. Until people learn to resolve conflicts like mature adults, you will keep seeing more and more of these videos.

usflyer msp

Sun Jul 04, 2021 12:18 am

I was dragged for saying this previously but I'll say it again. ULCC's attract a class of traveler that really should not be travelling. If there is any sort of hiccup or unexpected expense, they do not have the financial resources to handle it and they often lash out violently. Airports with a heavy ULCC presence should be prepared to fund a robust police department as ULCC passengers can become a public safety issue.

BoeingGuy

Sun Jul 04, 2021 12:23 am

max999 wrote:
ZazuPIT wrote:
avi8 wrote:

Violence being the first and only response to conflict is the common theme for all of the recent air rage incidents. Until people learn to resolve conflicts like mature adults, you will keep seeing more and more of these videos.

I know I probably shouldn’t promote more violence, but some time I’d like to see one of these scumbags get the s**t beat out of them when they attack a flight attendant or agent like this. Maybe then people will think twice about that kind of thing.

trueblew

Sun Jul 04, 2021 12:41 am

usflyer msp wrote:
I was dragged for saying this previously but I'll say it again. ULCC's attract a class of traveler that really should not be travelling. If there is any sort of hiccup or unexpected expense, they do not have the financial resources to handle it and they often lash out violently. Airports with a heavy ULCC presence should be prepared to fund a robust police department as ULCC passengers can become a public safety issue.

Spot on.

For the sake of this barbaric woman's children I hope they were placed in someone else's custody.

freakyrat

Sun Jul 04, 2021 1:00 am

usflyer msp wrote:

Several years ago I watched a whole croud mutiny at a Spirit Gate at DFW when the flight to ORD was delayed due to a mechanical issue and eventually cancelled. The rookie gate agents from a contract company did not know how to handle things. Airport police were called out twice to handle the situation. I didn't really need to go to ORD and Sprit issued me a refund. The gate agents eventually called their supervisor who came out at 1 in the morning to cancel the flight. The gate agents did not inform anybody as to what was wrong with the aircraft and neither did the Captain or FO. Now knowing the Airbus A320 and the fact that it has onboard diagnostics I kept quiet so the crowd wouldn't get antagonized any more. The police officer in charge told me that at the time it was a weekly occurence to be called out to the Sprit gates for unruly passengers.

However you are right about some of the people that fly the ULLC's.

FlyEndeavorAir

Re: Orlando: Frontier Airlines Agents Attacked By Woman Over Carry-On Bag Fee (story from July 2020)

Sun Jul 04, 2021 1:06 am

This is what happens when you close the insane asylums, these people get released into the general public and create these scenes/assault other humans. Feel bad for the ULCC employees/contract workers.

FlyingElvii
Topic Author

Re: Orlando: Frontier Airlines Agents Attacked By Woman Over Carry-On Bag Fee (story from July 2020)

Sun Jul 04, 2021 1:17 am

Sorry, I did not realize this was from 2020

FlyingElvii
Topic Author

Sun Jul 04, 2021 1:20 am

freakyrat wrote:
usflyer msp wrote:

Several years ago I watched a whole croud mutiny at a Spirit Gate at DFW when the flight to ORD was delayed due to a mechanical issue and eventually cancelled. The rookie gate agents from a contract company did not know how to handle things. Airport police were called out twice to handle the situation. I didn't really need to go to ORD and Sprit issued me a refund. The gate agents eventually called their supervisor who came out at 1 in the morning to cancel the flight. The gate agents did not inform anybody as to what was wrong with the aircraft and neither did the Captain or FO. Now knowing the Airbus A320 and the fact that it has onboard diagnostics I kept quiet so the crowd wouldn't get antagonized any more. The police officer in charge told me that at the time it was a weekly occurence to be called out to the Sprit gates for unruly passengers.

However you are right about some of the people that fly the ULLC's.

lol...
You should have been around for the ProAir days....
First time I ever saw trash bags coming down the belt as checked luggage. That has become much more common today.

CaptHadley

Sun Jul 04, 2021 4:02 am

ZazuPIT wrote:
avi8 wrote:

This is what is normally called "job security" in the law enforcement community. Those kids don't stand a chance.

LASVegan

Sun Jul 04, 2021 8:18 am

I guess I’ll be the first to say it, but was the agent not being incredibly unprofessional and provoking? The woman who was the subject of the video was 150 percent in the wrong but it sounded like the agent kept yelling “get the f outta here b” and “I’ll knock you the f out in front of your kid”. Who knows what she was saying before the altercation. As I said, I’m I no way justifying the woman going behind the counter and throwing what looked like a computer keyboard at the agent but it really seemed like the agent was stoking the flames and making a bad situation much worse.

crownvic

Sun Jul 04, 2021 9:36 am

usflyer msp wrote:

Probably one of the best posts in my 17 years on this site..100% agree!

vhtje

Sun Jul 04, 2021 1:38 pm

usflyer msp wrote:

I agree with you. We need, as a society, to have a debate on the real cost of air travel. As ticket prices have fallen, so airlines have attracted passengers from lower down the socio-economic ladder. Behaviour like this, and increasing incidents like it, result.

But saying "make air travel more expensive so only the well behaved rich can afford to fly" is too simplistic an answer, not to mention is elitist. But the truth is, as you point out, those ULCC tickets come with little or no with any protection for the passenger when IRROPS occur for whatever reason. Perhaps part of the answer lies in regulating what airlines' responsibilities are in times of IRROPS/ cancelled flights? That, in turn, will increase fares, which in turn ... you see where I am going with this.

This isn't an America-bashing thing. We have similar problems here in Europe with cheap FR flights attracting Brits to go on weekend drunken benders in Eastern European cities.

A debate about ultra low cost fares ought to include a debate not just about the social impacts (good and bad) but about the environmental impact of these additional flights. I have said it on here before, but when we have people taking flights for the price of a couple of beers, just to go somewhere for the weekend to get extremely drunk, we have a problem.

Atlwarrior

Sun Jul 04, 2021 2:09 pm

usflyer msp wrote:

Your comment is wrong on so many levels, many stories of people behaving badly on legacy carriers as well. However, we can apply the same logic to this page. When this site was for paying subscribers only, the articles posted were more informative and beneficial. Now, this site like ULCC passengers attracts all kinds of posters and posting. I really don't see the need for an article from 2020 on this page.
Last edited by Atlwarrior on Sun Jul 04, 2021 2:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.

CobaltScar

Sun Jul 04, 2021 2:14 pm

stl07 wrote:
Again it's in Florida

Also insane and heartbreaking that the toddler had more common sense than the mother

Its Orlando, so chances are this out of control woman was from elsewhere.

F9Animal

Sun Jul 04, 2021 2:16 pm

Let's just get real here. These low fares are attracting the Greyhound people! Maybe it's time for agents and flight attendants to carry tasers! Disgusting what the flying public has become.

By the way, I am being sarcastic about tasers. But... It sure isn't a bad idea.

CobaltScar

Sun Jul 04, 2021 2:18 pm

FlyEndeavorAir wrote:
This is what happens when you close the insane asylums, these people get released into the general public and create these scenes/assault other humans. Feel bad for the ULCC employees/contract workers.

Doubt its mental illness, this looks like a person with lack of impulse control. She can't control her rage and can't plan beyond what is infront of her face. Probably why she is poor and flying a ULCC, all those traits go hand in hand.

ZazuPIT

Sun Jul 04, 2021 3:23 pm

Atlwarrior wrote:
usflyer msp wrote:

Your comment is wrong on so many levels, many stories of people behaving badly on legacy carriers as well. However, we can apply the same logic to this page. When this site was for paying subscribers only, the articles posted were more informative and beneficial. Now, this site like ULCC passengers attracts all kinds of posters and posting. I really don't see the need for an article from 2020 on this page.

I think it's been determined the story is old. However, the subject is very real and is attracting national news media attention. No one is forcing you to read these threads, so why does it bother you?

Atlwarrior

Sun Jul 04, 2021 3:46 pm

ZazuPIT wrote:
Atlwarrior wrote:
usflyer msp wrote:

I think it's been determined the story is old. However, the subject is very real and is attracting national news media attention. No one is forcing you to read these threads, so why does it bother you?

It's not so much the article, but the quality of airliners.net postings since the site is no longer for paid subscribers only. Just like ULCC attracts certain pax, when airliners.net dropped the paid subscription, it attracts postings that are no data-driven, but headline-driven. Therefore, I agree you get what you pay and don't pay for.

reggiet

Sun Jul 04, 2021 3:49 pm

BoeingGuy wrote:
max999 wrote:
ZazuPIT wrote:

I know I probably shouldn’t promote more violence, but some time I’d like to see one of these scumbags get the s**t beat out of them when they attack a flight attendant or agent like this. Maybe then people will think twice about that kind of thing.

Amen brother. There's NEVER any excuse for battery of any airline employee, flight crew or not. Stiff jail time might curtail this garbage behavior. Cynically speaking, lack of real criminal repercussions might be the root of this prevalent societal problem. (i.e: many San Francisco retail outlets like Target and CVS)

kyrone

Sun Jul 04, 2021 4:18 pm

It is not just a ULCC issue at all. I had a passenger traveling transatlantic who had about 7 carryons at check in. I went over options, etc; and she swore up and down she would only have one. She was the last to board the aircraft and showed up with all 7 carryons to the gate. When I told her she could not take all 7, she swung her hand bag at my “no no special place” after I was done being doubled over in pain, she was escorted out by the police and of course offloaded. People without class fly every airline.

travaz

Sun Jul 04, 2021 4:19 pm

My Dad taught my sister and I that you can get more fly's with honey than Vinegar. I witnessed a similar situation in PHX recently. A woman was told she would have to pay for a bag and she insisted that she paid online. She was polite in her insistence and after a short time told the Agent to go ahead and charge her credit card. She again politely asked the agent for a receipt so she could take up the matter with Customer Service. Everyone went on thier happy way. This is what I was taught to do as a child when dealing with people. Then again I am not a 20 something.

kyrone

Sun Jul 04, 2021 4:19 pm

It is not just a ULCC issue at all. I had a passenger traveling transatlantic who had about 7 carryons at check in. I went over options, etc; and she swore up and down she would only have one. She was the last to board the aircraft and showed up with all 7 carryons to the gate. When I told her she could not take all 7, she swung her hand bag at my “no no special place” after I was done being doubled over in pain, she was escorted out by the police and of course offloaded. People without class fly every airline.

dabpit

Sun Jul 04, 2021 6:24 pm

For some clarity here....
The News article is from July of 2020 BUT the video linked is from June 2021.

The incident accord at the Frontier Airline counters in MCO. It is not clear why this lady decided to attack the agents.

From what I know from a few folks that were there and the videos I have seen (yeah there are a few more of this incident) airport police were slow to react when called and the agents were forced to defend themselves with the use of pepper spray. The lady can be seen ripping off computer equipment and attempting to cause damage/harm with one of the stanchions. It is unclear when or if the lady was arrested.

Hope none of the agents were hurt by this crazy lady.

Douglas7Seas

Sun Jul 04, 2021 7:30 pm

FlyingElvii wrote:
Here we go again…

Mainstream News Article did not include the video for some unknown reason.

The reason for not including the video is very, very obvious if you look at the assailant.

PSAatSAN4Ever

Sun Jul 04, 2021 7:33 pm

I don't know what possessed that kind of psychotic behavior, but a court-ordered evaluation would be a good start. Given that this behavior proceeded beyond the airport and into the police custody, I imagine it will.

My thoughts about the statement that "ULCC's attract THAT kind of clientele". Trash knows no monetary boundaries.

We all have experienced the entitled customer screaming, "don't you know who I am? I'm a very important person, and I want that free upgrade NOW!!" And as a Korean flight attendant found out, even someone high up in the company can go from zero to unhinged over the slightest perceived grievance. Whatever clientele is your target demographic, one has to remember that entitlement - along with the psychosis that frequently accompanies it - occurs at every economic level. Front line employees of every location, "rich and poor", have to face nut jobs every day. Money is just a factor that makes them think their crazy isn't crazy.

Douglas7Seas

Sun Jul 04, 2021 7:36 pm

avi8 wrote:

The help she needs is 20 years of parental upbringing and discipline and a jail cell.

avi8

Sun Jul 04, 2021 10:54 pm

Douglas7Seas wrote:
avi8 wrote:

The help she needs is 20 years of parental upbringing and discipline and a jail cell.

I think I need to clarify: the fact that I think she might have a mental illness doesn’t excuse anything she did. Everything is a mental illness these days and I didn’t mean to sound like I was part of that. I do think that there’s always more to the story than the news article, and getting context on her life allows more room for empathy. Again, her behavior is not excusable. I just hope something good comes from this.

dfwjim1

Sun Jul 04, 2021 11:13 pm

usflyer msp wrote:

It's just not only a financial issue but an emotional one as well. Many poor people have never been taught the people skills that are needed to cope with difficult situations that happen to all of us.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos